Amazon PCDD $12.49 Walking Dead ($7.49 after coupon)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amazon DVG Deals

Official Representative
Feedback
4 (100%)
Hi CAGs,

I'll be posting deals we're running on Digital Games (PC/Mac, Free to Play, Sony/Microsoft Points/Subs).

I'm also here to answer questions you might have, get you closer to the developers by hosting Q&As, setting up podcasts, live streaming gameplay etc. If I don't respond to a question you have in thread please send me a PM. These ping my email address and make it more likely that I will see your question and respond more quickly.

FYI. EA Games sold by Amazon will not activate on Steam.

Digital Holiday

1/5-1/12

The Walking Dead - $12.49 ($7.49 post coupon)

1/11-1/13:

Alice: Madness Returns: The Complete Collection - $11.99 pre coupon (6.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Dragon Age Pack PC - $12.99 pre-coupon ($7.99 after coupon) - not Steam

1/18-1/20:

Need for Speed: The Run - $8.99 ($3.99 after coupon) - not Steam
EA Sports Classic Pack - $8.99 ($3.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Syndicate - $9.99 ($4.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Crysis Maximum Maximum -$17.99 ($12.99 after coupon) - not Steam

1/13-1/19:

Tantalizing THQ Medley - $11.99 pre coupon ($6.99 after coupon) - Steam

1/11-1/12:

Darksiders Franchise Pack - $13.19 before coupon ($8.19 after coupon) - Steam
Saints Row The Third: The Full Package - $12.49 pre coupon ($7.49 after coupon) - Steam

1/29-1/31:

Burning Hot Bundle - $11.99 ($6.99 after coupon)

F.A.Q.S.:

1. Does the game I'm buying from Amazon Activate on Steam/Origin/Uplay? What DRM does the game use?

There are two places to identify DRM on a digital video game detail page:

At the top of the page, below the title:

16hm7a8.png

In the "Product Description" section:

r06ykl.jpg

2. Note on Electronic Arts Games - For the most part, EA games sold on Amazon do not activate on Steam. Most activate on Origin.

3. Note on DRM with limited activations:

Our Policy

4. Sometimes I'll do giveaways.

5. I work with developers and publishers to get fun (or at least what I think is fun) content to share with you all. Here are some examples:

a. Check out the Pax Gameplay videos here: Xcom: Enemy Unknown I played Xcom with Jake, the Creative Director for the game, a few months before the game came out Also, on this page, check out the Q&A, also a community driven event.

b. Check out the interview on this page: Borderlands 2 we did this interview at E3 with Randy Pitchford this year.

c. We've partnered with the ++GoodGames Podcast to feature many of the games we carry. They talk to the developers about the game development process, how the games are conceptualized and managed, all kinds of fun stuff. I'm working on putting together full link list and will update when I have it.

What else do we sell?

Xbox Live Points and Subscriptions:

1600 Microsoft Live Points
4000 Microsoft Live Points
12 Month XBOX Live Subscription
3 Month XBOX Live Subscription]
12 Month + 1 XBOX Live Subscription

PSN+ Subscriptions and PSN Points:

$20 PSN Points
$50 PSN Points
12 Month PSN+ Subscription
3 Month PSN+ Subscription

We also have a Free-2-Play store supported by our GameConnect technology. Gameconnect allows you to link your Amazon.com account with free-2-play and MMO accounts so that you can buy things like in game currency, premium game time/subscriptions, in game items, etc. on Amazon.com using your Amazon.com payment options and have this content delivered directly into your game.

To check out the Free-2-Play games we offer you can visit our storefront here:

Free-2-Play Store

Last edited by a moderator:
So, what are the chances of anything else being added? I was hoping for small stuff that could be free ( I.e syndicate after PM), and TW: FotS. So far I'm only looking at TWD (If it gets PM'd at 12.50), Hotline ( Hoping for free :D), and either TSW or Amalur. Speaking of which, what would you (read:anyone) recommend. I have GW2...but I don't really play it. And I have quite the backlog already. So I'm leaning towards Amalur. If only I didn't own all the 2k games :p.

Yea , i grabbed TSW as well for 12 bucks . Been wanting it and missed out on GmG's 50% off earlier in december.

Right now doing 4-5.5 MB/s average.

[quote name='RiseFromYourGrave']So, what are the chances of anything else being added? I was hoping for small stuff that could be free ( I.e syndicate after PM), and TW: FotS. So far I'm only looking at TWD (If it gets PM'd at 12.50), Hotline ( Hoping for free :D), and either TSW or Amalur. Speaking of which, what would you (read:anyone) recommend. I have GW2...but I don't really play it. And I have quite the backlog already. So I'm leaning towards Amalur. If only I didn't own all the 2k games :p.[/QUOTE]

Stuff will be added. Highly doubtful on Syndicate (basically 99.999% no). Hotline is at its price already (won't go free).

While we wait for Tony to wake up and update the OP and because its New Year's, how about we discuss what our favorite games of 2012 were.

For me my top 5 were, in no particular order: Journey, Hotline Miami, The Walking Dead, Borderlands 2 and Diablo III. There is still a bunch of good games in my backlog that still haven't played Dishonored, FTL, Far Cry 3, XCOM, Civ V, Sleeping Dogs, etc. so my list may change in the near future.

@Anyone: Any chance of having Sine Mora in the EC list? (Hoping to see something that I actually want for free with the coupons)
It's a 2012 game, and highly rated by users.

alright seriously this editor's choice thing is starting to confuse the fuck out of me
so games could be added to the list at any time?
and we have know idea what deals they will have at what times
this is not a very people with jobs friendly promotion
i'm kind of wishing i would have just bought 10 bioshock dual-packs

Add me to the list of people who'd like to see a Lego LotR deal. I finally tapped into Lego Batman 2 and have been playing it like crazy.

[quote name='LazyTriangle']While we wait for Tony to wake up and update the OP and because its New Year's, how about we discuss what our favorite games of 2012 were.

[/QUOTE]

Oooh, fun. I gotta go with: 1. Spec Ops 2. Sleeping Dogs 3. Borderlands 2 4. Lego LotR 5. Scribblenauts Unlimited. Honorary mentions go to GW2 for being that MMO I liked but never got around to playing and Super Crate Box for being the ultimate time waster

[quote name='LazyTriangle']While we wait for Tony to wake up and update the OP and because its New Year's, how about we discuss what our favorite games of 2012 were.
[/QUOTE]

Bashfully, the only 2012 game I played in 2012 (at length) was TWD and it did not disappoint. My backlog went from zero to "holy carp" in the matter of 2 sale seasons, so ask me again this time next year. ;)

But seriously, we all know that Mission Runway is the CAG 2012 GOTY.

For me my top 5 were, in no particular order: Journey, Hotline Miami, The Walking Dead, Borderlands 2 and Diablo III. There is still a bunch of good games in my backlog that still haven't played Dishonored, FTL, Far Cry 3, XCOM, Civ V, Sleeping Dogs, etc. so my list may change in the near future.[/QUOTE]

The Walking Dead was up there for me, and while I enjoyed Borderlands 2 and D3, the staying power of the games was, for me, one of the reasons I wanted to play them and I just didn't feel compelled to keep going back for more.

Otherwise, this year I was blown away by FTL's style, options of play, and the raw difficulty that sometimes could lead to losing a crewman not but 2 minutes after pressing Start. I also played far too many hours of Dark Souls: PTD Edition. I own no consoles so seeing this sort of dark vision on my PC was incredible. I spat, I raged, I triumphed.

Darksiders 2 is also there for me, although thinking about it makes me sad about the THQ situation. I think Darksiders 2 was the perfect compliment to the Zelda/GoW/Spawn/etc. amalgamation that was Darksiders 1. In nearly every room there was a visual focal point, and I felt like I was in a Joe Madureira comic. I've dreamed of a fully envisioned Darksiders series, complete with co-op play and the eventual introduction of all 4 Horsemen, but I suppose it's not meant to be.

I think to round out the quintet I'd go with Mass Effect 3. Of course there were all the issues around the ending, but the MP in particular hooked me for quite some time in addition to the game itself.

I'm a gamer that doesn't tend to play the newest games out there when they actually release, but I did really like Borderlands 2 a lot...

And Saints Row the Third even though that came out at the end of 2011... I played it recently and fell in love with it.

The rest of the games I played this year at length were older games. I still need to finish The Walking Dead, too.

[quote name='RiseFromYourGrave']So, what are the chances of anything else being added? I was hoping for small stuff that could be free ( I.e syndicate after PM), and TW: FotS. So far I'm only looking at TWD (If it gets PM'd at 12.50), Hotline ( Hoping for free :D), and either TSW or Amalur. Speaking of which, what would you (read:anyone) recommend. I have GW2...but I don't really play it. And I have quite the backlog already. So I'm leaning towards Amalur. If only I didn't own all the 2k games :p.[/QUOTE]

Since you seem to have skipped the last page, Amalur is already working, just not on the list for some reason.

[quote name='nosferatu51']Amalur does work, but is not showing up on my EC list either for what it's worth.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='LazyTriangle']While we wait for Tony to wake up and update the OP and because its New Year's, how about we discuss what our favorite games of 2012 were[/QUOTE]

I find it very difficult to discuss games in the year they were released. I tend to be a year behind with just a few exception - games I know I'll immediately play and/or sink a lot of time into. For me, this year, that game has been Borderlands 2. I'll also throw in Alan Wake.

Naturally, I want all the games that will likely end up on many others' top lists: XCOM, Dishonored, Hitman Absolution, Max Payne 3, etc. I just haven't gotten around to them... and as a CAG that works in my favor. ;)

Some SURPRISE games I played this year (no real expectations but genuinely enjoyed)
- Lord of the Rings: War in the North
- Shoot Many Robots
- Warhammer 40k: Space Marine

I'm torn between what to get since I only got one code...Hotline Miami for $2.50 today or wait for X-Com to be 50% off tomorrow...

Or anyone want to hook me up if they aren't using an extra code?

I knew I should've bought more!

[quote name='mnuttster']I'm torn between what to get since I only got one code...Hotline Miami for $2.50 today or wait for X-Com to be 50% off tomorrow...

I knew I should've bought more![/QUOTE]

go with xcom
$20 after coupon will be epic

[quote name='mnuttster']I'm torn between what to get since I only got one code...Hotline Miami for $2.50 today or wait for X-Com to be 50% off tomorrow...

I knew I should've bought more![/QUOTE]

Check your PMs...

Trying to start 2013 on a positive note...
01000100011000010111001001101011011100110110100101100100011001010111001001110011001000000011010100110011010001100100001001010000001011010101010000110000010101000100001100111000001011010101101001000101010001000100100000110110

For me my top 5 were, in no particular order: Journey, Hotline Miami, The Walking Dead, Borderlands 2 and Diablo III. There is still a bunch of good games in my backlog that still haven't played Dishonored, FTL, Far Cry 3, XCOM, Civ V, Sleeping Dogs, etc. so my list may change in the near future.[/QUOTE]

I tend to be behind on what I play, but The Saboteur, Assassin's Creed 2, World of Goo and Mount and Blade Warband are jumbled behind Portal 2, which was easily the best of the year for me.

You win the internets, sir.
[quote name='Neuro5i5']Trying to start 2013 on a positive note...
01000100011000010111001001101011011100110110100101100100011001010111001001110011001000000011010100110011010001100100001001010000001011010101010000110000010101000100001100111000001011010101101001000101010001000100100000110110
[/QUOTE]

Just bought Dark Souls for $11.64 (EC coupon, GC balance), and downloading TSW as we speak :) about to go to best buy and spend some christmas money too, or at least shop around. "Retail therapy" at its finest.

As for games this year, D3 and BL2 were huge for me, because those are really the only games that all my friends bought and we played together. Over 100 hours in D3 and I think ~80 in BL2. (Which btw, if anybody still plays either of those, feel free to add me on Steam or send me a PM on here. My friends dont anymore haha). P4 Golden is also amazing if anybody has a Vita.

Tony, just snagged Hotline Miami and wanted to toss a happy 2013 + huge thanks to you and the Amazon team. You guys rock!

Cheers CAGers, don't miss out on Hotline Miami--at $2.50 it's a no brainer.

- DA

Everyone keeps talking up Hotline Miami so I finally bit for the $2.49. Holding off for XCOM sale and I dunno about the rest. Mainly because I already bought the ones I wanted in previous Amazon sales.

Happy New Year, Tony & the rest of you.

So, I have three certificates. One is reserved for Crusader Kings II when it gets cheaper. I guess I could pick up Hotline Miami now, tho I don't have a huge interest in the game. Leaves one, which I don't have much of an interest in the rest of the list. I guess I should wait to see what is added.

[quote name='frogkiller']How bad is Origin? I have been eyeballing Kingdoms of Amalur for a while.
Seems to be the only downside.[/QUOTE]

Many have an opinion, I do not. To me it's just another client/service. (Though the DL speeds tend to suck.)

[quote name='frogkiller']How bad is Origin? I have been eyeballing Kingdoms of Amalur for a while.
Seems to be the only downside.[/QUOTE]

I don't think its that bad at all. Only thing that bugs me is having to open another client to run the game, but its just a minor inconvenience. KoA is a good time, I'd pick it up at that price.

[quote name='DarkGamer11']I don't think its that bad at all. Only thing that bugs me is having to open another client to run the game, but its just a minor inconvenience. KoA is a good time, I'd pick it up at that price.[/QUOTE]

Cool, Sold!

Picked up Dark Souls without hesitation at that price. Can't wait to dig in. Would be awesome if I had another for Hotline: Miami though!

Top games of 2012 for me:

Civ 5: G&K (Huge expansion with a ton of new content; bringing back religion was a giant plus.)

Borderlands 2 (Fun co-op; Staying power. All the good things from the 1st apply here.)

FTL (Simply a fantastic game and can be played in short bursts. Highly intuitive, unpredictable, and downright fun. Always keeps me coming back)

XCOM: EU (A well-done reimagining of the original. Removed a lot of the unnecessary bits and streamlined the things that made XCOM exciting. Good game design overall.)

The Walking Dead (Raw emotion and nervewracking in a good way. I'm not a fan of zombies but the writing and narrative are superb. Anyone a fan of good storytelling and becoming emotionally invested in the characters will love this one.)

The Book of Unwritten Tales (Great artistic design from the scenery to the characters. An endearing and memorable story. I have a soft spot for well done point and clicks.)

[quote name='TheHeretic']Get "To The Moon".. It's $4.99 in Steam right now.[/QUOTE]

Oh and I had to go back just to say thank you for this recommendation. I havent even played it yet but that trailer just really resonated with me. I plan on digging into this while waiting for TSW to finish downloading (I should have plenty of time...lol).

Who the fuck is crying? toughguy!
[quote name='bobphone']Link the exe's to Steam and forget you even have origin/uplay installed. I don't get why people cry over this.[/QUOTE]

is there any chance of getting a price match for the max payne 3 rockstar pass steam daily deal and it being put on the editor's choice list along with the game?

[quote name='DarkGamer11']Oh and I had to go back just to say thank you for this recommendation. I havent even played it yet but that trailer just really resonated with me. I plan on digging into this while waiting for TSW to finish downloading (I should have plenty of time...lol).[/QUOTE]

Albeit short, it tells a really great story. Well worth the cost.

[quote name='frogkiller']Cool, Sold![/QUOTE]

Good choice. I'm currently 40+ hours into KOA: R and really enjoy it. It's a beautiful and the gameplay is great.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back