Amazon PCDD $12.49 Walking Dead ($7.49 after coupon)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amazon DVG Deals

Official Representative
Feedback
4 (100%)
Hi CAGs,

I'll be posting deals we're running on Digital Games (PC/Mac, Free to Play, Sony/Microsoft Points/Subs).

I'm also here to answer questions you might have, get you closer to the developers by hosting Q&As, setting up podcasts, live streaming gameplay etc. If I don't respond to a question you have in thread please send me a PM. These ping my email address and make it more likely that I will see your question and respond more quickly.

FYI. EA Games sold by Amazon will not activate on Steam.

Digital Holiday

1/5-1/12

The Walking Dead - $12.49 ($7.49 post coupon)

1/11-1/13:

Alice: Madness Returns: The Complete Collection - $11.99 pre coupon (6.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Dragon Age Pack PC - $12.99 pre-coupon ($7.99 after coupon) - not Steam

1/18-1/20:

Need for Speed: The Run - $8.99 ($3.99 after coupon) - not Steam
EA Sports Classic Pack - $8.99 ($3.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Syndicate - $9.99 ($4.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Crysis Maximum Maximum -$17.99 ($12.99 after coupon) - not Steam

1/13-1/19:

Tantalizing THQ Medley - $11.99 pre coupon ($6.99 after coupon) - Steam

1/11-1/12:

Darksiders Franchise Pack - $13.19 before coupon ($8.19 after coupon) - Steam
Saints Row The Third: The Full Package - $12.49 pre coupon ($7.49 after coupon) - Steam

1/29-1/31:

Burning Hot Bundle - $11.99 ($6.99 after coupon)

F.A.Q.S.:

1. Does the game I'm buying from Amazon Activate on Steam/Origin/Uplay? What DRM does the game use?

There are two places to identify DRM on a digital video game detail page:

At the top of the page, below the title:

16hm7a8.png

In the "Product Description" section:

r06ykl.jpg

2. Note on Electronic Arts Games - For the most part, EA games sold on Amazon do not activate on Steam. Most activate on Origin.

3. Note on DRM with limited activations:

Our Policy

4. Sometimes I'll do giveaways.

5. I work with developers and publishers to get fun (or at least what I think is fun) content to share with you all. Here are some examples:

a. Check out the Pax Gameplay videos here: Xcom: Enemy Unknown I played Xcom with Jake, the Creative Director for the game, a few months before the game came out Also, on this page, check out the Q&A, also a community driven event.

b. Check out the interview on this page: Borderlands 2 we did this interview at E3 with Randy Pitchford this year.

c. We've partnered with the ++GoodGames Podcast to feature many of the games we carry. They talk to the developers about the game development process, how the games are conceptualized and managed, all kinds of fun stuff. I'm working on putting together full link list and will update when I have it.

What else do we sell?

Xbox Live Points and Subscriptions:

1600 Microsoft Live Points
4000 Microsoft Live Points
12 Month XBOX Live Subscription
3 Month XBOX Live Subscription]
12 Month + 1 XBOX Live Subscription

PSN+ Subscriptions and PSN Points:

$20 PSN Points
$50 PSN Points
12 Month PSN+ Subscription
3 Month PSN+ Subscription

We also have a Free-2-Play store supported by our GameConnect technology. Gameconnect allows you to link your Amazon.com account with free-2-play and MMO accounts so that you can buy things like in game currency, premium game time/subscriptions, in game items, etc. on Amazon.com using your Amazon.com payment options and have this content delivered directly into your game.

To check out the Free-2-Play games we offer you can visit our storefront here:

Free-2-Play Store

Last edited by a moderator:
Wait, so X-Com will be on sale tommorow for $25? When will it start?

Oh and cmon hamsters, match the price for the Max Payne 3 Steam DRM :)

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']Server doesn't really matter as you can group cross server (I'm pretty sure everything is on a shared stack).

I'm playing Illuminati but am happy to reroll if the majority wants to go something else.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

That's an awesome feature. I know on other MMOs I have wanted to play with certain friends and couldn't because we were stuck on different servers. Very nice not to ever have to worry about that.

Anyone has a link to a post with a summary of the sales involing the EC games?

Thanks guys :)

Edit: I'm seeing some in the OP but I heard some mentions of KoA and some other stuff on sale?

[quote name='MrBonk']What's the point of the Steam version getting PM'd? (other than to get sales unrelated to the EC list)

The EC coupons don't work for the steam version! D: I just tried[/QUOTE]

well, that blows

[quote name='MrBonk']What's the point of the Steam version getting PM'd? (other than to get sales unrelated to the EC list)

The EC coupons don't work for the steam version! D: I just tried[/QUOTE]

It most definitely works for the Steam version, you should try again.

[quote name='tham1988']so will an editor's choice coupon be able to work on the max payne 3 dlc pass?

you technically quoted this question in your big post but your reply was hamsters for a long list of questions so i don't know if it was a yes to editor's choice or just the pm[/QUOTE]

Negative.

[quote name='PipChaos']Heeeey, I didn't know the packs would end up on the EC list.

Well now, don't I feel dumb for buying the 2K Strategy Pack too early.[/QUOTE]

I posted this a bunch of times :( sorry, the thread is moving really fast.

[quote name='DRevan']Wait, so X-Com will be on sale tommorow for $25? When will it start?

Oh and cmon hamsters, match the price for the Max Payne 3 Steam DRM :)[/QUOTE]

20-90 minutes after midnight.

[quote name='chaosking121']Anyone has a link to a post with a summary of the sales involing the EC games?

Thanks guys :)[/QUOTE]

I'm updating the OP.

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']It most definitely works for the Steam version, you should try again.

Negative.

20-90 minutes after midnight.

I'm updating the OP.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]
AH! It wasn't working about 10-15 minutes ago. Did you change it when you sent the hamsters running?

[quote name='MrBonk']AH! It wasn't working about 10-15 minutes ago. Did you change it when you sent the hamsters running?[/QUOTE]

Negative, if I hear more instances of the credits not working on stuff they should I'll hit up a dev though.

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='sunghost']

The Secret World does NOT activate on Origin, it activates on The Secret World's official site.[/QUOTE]

I stand corrected, sir.

[quote name='MrBonk']AH! It wasn't working about 10-15 minutes ago. Did you change it when you sent the hamsters running?[/QUOTE]

Still not showing on my screen, but I'll wait til PM flip, and then clear cache

And now it is

So Tony, does this mean that the Hamsters will fix the price for the Max Payne 3 Steam DRM too? Any ETA? My body is ready.

I have attempted to roll Illuminati (and had before you said that), but damn if I can't find a nickname that I find worthwhile that is available.....
**EDIT: Ah, found one. The Golden Yeti... Tried to make the character look like me and have a name and nickname that is relevant. Blond guy and my friends often call me a Yeti cause I'm a furry dude.
**EDIT 2: And watching the opening... damn, this dude is in A LOT better shape than I am, so THAT'S inaccurate :)

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']Negative, if I hear more instances of the credits not working on stuff they should I'll hit up a dev though.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]
Ah ok. Thanks. I went from "GASP /EXCITE" to "Sigh /sad panda" to ":lol::lol::lol:"

Man, I really do wish Mafia II was cheaper by itself. In all these bundles I already have around half the games, so even with the EC coupons they still aren't great deals for me.

Edit: On the off chance that anyone buys the 2K Mega Pack and doesn't need Mafia II, please PM me.

Hmm, Well, my $5 coupon is not working on War of the Roses (House of York) edition. Because I have to pay tax on Amazon, right now, the Steam version is actually cheaper.

Does the $5 coupon only work on the base game and not the House of York edition by design or is that simply an error?

[quote name='Neuro5i5']Trying to start 2013 on a positive note...
01000100011000010111001001101011011100110110100101100100011001010111001001110011001000000011010100110011010001100100001001010000001011010101010000110000010101000100001100111000001011010101101001000101010001000100100000110110
[/QUOTE]

So, did anyone actually take this...?

[quote name='vince_carter']My coupon isn't working for the steam version of MP either. It's supposed to be automatically applied at checkout right?[/QUOTE]

It is working here, try deleting your browser cache.

[quote name='tham1988']lol he literally answered this in the post you quoted[/QUOTE]

I just scanned for my name to see if he had quoted me -- it doesn't change the fact that I have asked the question three times over the past five days. He seems to take the time to answer every post from guys wanting free Bioshock and acting like petulant children but a guy like me who has supported Amazon sales non-stop and never wanted or demanded 'free stuff' ... I can't even get a straight answer on my question.

Besides, the coupon doesn't work on the version I want anyway. So, it is a moot point. I am just going to buy from Steam.

[quote name='Mooby']Hmmm so all the Max Payne 3 DLC is multiplayer only?[/QUOTE]

yes
one of the dlcs supposedly coming out (and part of the season pass) will be a co-op mode
but no singleplayer content

that is why i was hoping the editor's choice coupon would work on the dlc
$2.50 after coupon would be a good price

but $7.50 is not worth it (multiplayer is pretty mediocre)

[quote name='avwjase']Hmm, Well, my $5 coupon is not working on War of the Roses (House of York) edition. Because I have to pay tax on Amazon, right now, the Steam version is actually cheaper.

Does the $5 coupon only work on the base game and not the House of York edition by design or is that simply an error?[/QUOTE]

Can you check again? The $5 credit is working fine for me on House of York.

14jyoi9.png

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='Neuro5i5']So, did anyone actually take this...?[/QUOTE]

You distracted me, the comp sci major in me had to translate by hand for old times sake.

[quote name='avwjase']I just scanned for my name to see if he had quoted me -- it doesn't change the fact that I have asked the question three times over the past five days. He seems to take the time to answer every post from guys wanting free Bioshock and acting like petulant children but a guy like me who has supported Amazon sales non-stop and never wanted or demanded 'free stuff' ... I can't even get a straight answer on my question.

Besides, the coupon doesn't work on the version I want anyway. So, it is a moot point. I am just going to buy from Steam.[/QUOTE]

oh so if he answers the exact same question asked by someone else it makes you feel left out that he didnt "quote" you aww

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']
NBA 2K13: $24.99 ($9.99 after coupon)[/QUOTE]

Ummmm....

Am I missing something?

Shouldn't that read either....
$14.99 ($9.99 after coupon)...
OR $24.99 ($19.99 after coupon)?

-.-

I just bought Secret World from Amazon last night before going to bed so I could start the massive download as I sleep... so today it drops in price *and* my download isn't finished. :(

Welcome to 2013.

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']Dude, if you're going to make a snarky comment, you should check the product page before doing so. Pricing has been in place since roughly 10:10AM PST, or the past 18 minutes.

The reason I sometimes miss "questions for the 3rd time" is because this thread, and my inbox, is flooded with questions that have either already been answered by myself or another CAG, or are no longer relevant questions, as with this one.
[/quote]

Uh, I have asked the question three times over a five day period and you quote every post around mine but never mine and did not answer the question until today. It is cool and all.

Y'know, whatever. I spend too much money on Amazon to be apologizing to you guys. You waste time on people like Ideoteque (whatever) who wants free Bioshock who literally sandwiched my posts with his/her whines (of which you quoted all of his/her posts) but someone like me that has spent $500 or so on Amazon DVG over the past two years, I cannot get a "yes/no/maybe" to a simple question: "Will there be a sale on War of the Roses in January?"

[quote name='tham1988']oh so if he answers the exact same question asked by someone else it makes you feel left out that he didnt "quote" you aww[/QUOTE]

Shift-key, use it.

ZOMG, I'm making my character in TSW right now and i'm suffering from "Character Creation Design Loop Syndrome": Spending 1,004,567 hours to design my first character... Who knew I was so good at makeup? :D

Nice, got in on the 2k Strategy Super Pack. Thanks for adding it to the EC. Decided on the Desert to Sea bundle during the last holiday promo.

[quote name='avwjase']Uh, I have asked the question three times over a five day period and you quote every post around mine but never mine and did not answer the question until today. It is cool and all.

Y'know, whatever. I spend too much money on Amazon to be apologizing to you guys. You waste time on people like Ideoteque (whatever) who wants free Bioshock who literally sandwiched my posts with his/her whines (of which you quoted all of his/her posts) but someone like me that has spent $500 or so on Amazon DVG over the past two years, I cannot get a "yes/no/maybe" to a simple question: "Will there be a sale on War of the Roses in January?"[/QUOTE]

Dude, chill. It wasn't a planned sale, it was a price match for Steam, and that deal just went into effect at 10AM PST (just over an hour ago). The question was answered in the post you quoted complaining that the question wasn't answered. The fact that you missed Tony's post even though you quoted it just makes you getting pissy about Tony missing your post all the more ironic.

[quote name='Neuro5i5']Currently, I believe so.[/QUOTE]

Wow, I didn't even know that and I've had all the DLC for a while (of course, I've never used any of it). Next time I should do some research, because now I know for a fact I'm not going to use it :/ It sounded like more missions and stuff (akin to LA Noire's DLC)...

[quote name='avwjase']I just scanned for my name to see if he had quoted me -- it doesn't change the fact that I have asked the question three times over the past five days. He seems to take the time to answer every post from guys wanting free Bioshock and acting like petulant children but a guy like me who has supported Amazon sales non-stop and never wanted or demanded 'free stuff' ... I can't even get a straight answer on my question.

Besides, the coupon doesn't work on the version I want anyway. So, it is a moot point. I am just going to buy from Steam.[/QUOTE]

But he answered your question. It's not his fault if you didn't read it because he didn't include your name.

And Tony has stated before he can't always confirm future sales as he is constantly negotiating with publishers about pricing throughout the month. Maybe he just answered you when he finally got confirmation one way or another?

[quote name='avwjase'] "Will there be a sale on War of the Roses in January?"[/QUOTE]

Just to throw it out there -- the sale was a price match to Steam so probably not a planned event. There was always a chance it -- and pretty much any other game that overlaps in the catalogs that hasn't already been a daily on Steam -- would get a sale in January.

[quote name='avwjase']
Y'know, whatever. I spend too much money on Amazon to be apologizing to you guys. [/QUOTE]

Yea, doesn't give you the right to act like a prissy :censored: :censored:

500 bucks is 10 games, over 2 years. 5 games a year. Nice....... :applause::applause::applause:

Tony does something nice, gets spammed by seagulls. Tony tries to keep up with the fastest moving thread here and does so well and still gets flamed.

Don't worry Tony we appreciate you.

[quote name='Neuro5i5']So, did anyone actually take this...?[/QUOTE]

68 D
97 a
114 r
107 k
115 s
105 i
100 d
101 e
114 r
115 s
53 5
51 3
70 F
66 B
80 P
45 -
84 T
48 0
84 T
67 C
56 8
45 -
90 Z
69 E
68 D
72 H
54 6

No, I didn't take the key.

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']

Tony[/QUOTE]

You're telling me. I can't follow all this and actually play games on my time off. ;) Wish there was a wiki I knew of being updated with all the highlights.

This thread is a perfect illustration of why I stopped giving away games in this community. A bunch of lemmings.

And the $5 coupon still does not work on the House of York. Oh well, steam it is.

Alright, so, I've gotten Hotline Miami, Mass Effect 3, The Secret World, Kingdoms of Amalur (since everyone is so hopped up about it?), and as soon as the pricing shows up matched to Steam, I'll get Max Payne 3 for $10! (already got it through Steam when the price flipped, so this will just be an extra copy to give to whomever.)

Good thing I had $150 in Amazon credit from Christmas. It was supposed to go toward a new desk chair, but hey, Games work too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back