Amazon PCDD $12.49 Walking Dead ($7.49 after coupon)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amazon DVG Deals

Official Representative
Feedback
4 (100%)
Hi CAGs,

I'll be posting deals we're running on Digital Games (PC/Mac, Free to Play, Sony/Microsoft Points/Subs).

I'm also here to answer questions you might have, get you closer to the developers by hosting Q&As, setting up podcasts, live streaming gameplay etc. If I don't respond to a question you have in thread please send me a PM. These ping my email address and make it more likely that I will see your question and respond more quickly.

FYI. EA Games sold by Amazon will not activate on Steam.

Digital Holiday

1/5-1/12

The Walking Dead - $12.49 ($7.49 post coupon)

1/11-1/13:

Alice: Madness Returns: The Complete Collection - $11.99 pre coupon (6.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Dragon Age Pack PC - $12.99 pre-coupon ($7.99 after coupon) - not Steam

1/18-1/20:

Need for Speed: The Run - $8.99 ($3.99 after coupon) - not Steam
EA Sports Classic Pack - $8.99 ($3.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Syndicate - $9.99 ($4.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Crysis Maximum Maximum -$17.99 ($12.99 after coupon) - not Steam

1/13-1/19:

Tantalizing THQ Medley - $11.99 pre coupon ($6.99 after coupon) - Steam

1/11-1/12:

Darksiders Franchise Pack - $13.19 before coupon ($8.19 after coupon) - Steam
Saints Row The Third: The Full Package - $12.49 pre coupon ($7.49 after coupon) - Steam

1/29-1/31:

Burning Hot Bundle - $11.99 ($6.99 after coupon)

F.A.Q.S.:

1. Does the game I'm buying from Amazon Activate on Steam/Origin/Uplay? What DRM does the game use?

There are two places to identify DRM on a digital video game detail page:

At the top of the page, below the title:

16hm7a8.png

In the "Product Description" section:

r06ykl.jpg

2. Note on Electronic Arts Games - For the most part, EA games sold on Amazon do not activate on Steam. Most activate on Origin.

3. Note on DRM with limited activations:

Our Policy

4. Sometimes I'll do giveaways.

5. I work with developers and publishers to get fun (or at least what I think is fun) content to share with you all. Here are some examples:

a. Check out the Pax Gameplay videos here: Xcom: Enemy Unknown I played Xcom with Jake, the Creative Director for the game, a few months before the game came out Also, on this page, check out the Q&A, also a community driven event.

b. Check out the interview on this page: Borderlands 2 we did this interview at E3 with Randy Pitchford this year.

c. We've partnered with the ++GoodGames Podcast to feature many of the games we carry. They talk to the developers about the game development process, how the games are conceptualized and managed, all kinds of fun stuff. I'm working on putting together full link list and will update when I have it.

What else do we sell?

Xbox Live Points and Subscriptions:

1600 Microsoft Live Points
4000 Microsoft Live Points
12 Month XBOX Live Subscription
3 Month XBOX Live Subscription]
12 Month + 1 XBOX Live Subscription

PSN+ Subscriptions and PSN Points:

$20 PSN Points
$50 PSN Points
12 Month PSN+ Subscription
3 Month PSN+ Subscription

We also have a Free-2-Play store supported by our GameConnect technology. Gameconnect allows you to link your Amazon.com account with free-2-play and MMO accounts so that you can buy things like in game currency, premium game time/subscriptions, in game items, etc. on Amazon.com using your Amazon.com payment options and have this content delivered directly into your game.

To check out the Free-2-Play games we offer you can visit our storefront here:

Free-2-Play Store

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='DRevan']What is taking those Hamsters so long? Did Max shoot them by mistake ? :([/QUOTE]

Click on the Steam DRM version -- it's price matched.

[quote name='avwjase']This thread is a perfect illustration of why I stopped giving away games in this community. A bunch of lemmings.

And the $5 coupon still does not work on the House of York. Oh well, steam it is.[/QUOTE]

Sorry if you think stating the obvious is lemming-like. You've been here as long as I have so I'd presume you'd have the sense to know about the possibility of overlapping deals and Amazon's price matching policy. Apparently not.

[quote name='DRevan']What is taking those Hamsters so long? Did Max shoot them by mistake ? :([/QUOTE]

The non-steam version is correct now, still waiting on Steam version though, that one is still 59.99

$15 for MP3 Steam is showing up for me but it goes to $60 when I checkout. Give it a few minutes I reckon.

The promotion did work for me though so thats good.

EDIT: $10 for Max Payne 3 (Steam) worked for me!

[quote name='PipChaos']You're telling me. I can't follow all this and actually play games on my time off. ;) Wish there was a wiki I knew of being updated with all the highlights.[/QUOTE]

I skip to the last page when when I am more than 2 pages behind. This thread would move slower without all the complaints. Half of my screen is "user is on your ignore list."

Going on game-buying hiatus pretty much now (may pick up a couple things with my credits for other people) but I wanted to say thanks on the BF3 premium price. Been wanting to get back into that game and now I am all caught up!

lets go $12.49 pre-coupon walking dead
and more game additions

what does everyone think the best price we can hope for on assassin's creed 3 is?

[quote name='LN3000']Good thing I had $150 in Amazon credit from Christmas. It was supposed to go toward a new desk chair, but hey, Games work too.[/QUOTE]

Sitting is overrated anyway. Stand and game!

[quote name='PipChaos']You're telling me. I can't follow all this and actually play games on my time off. ;) Wish there was a wiki I knew of being updated with all the highlights.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, no crap -- I should be playing more Hitman: Absolution right now! :whistle2:X
But, nope - I'm playing catch-up w/ this thread now b/c I decided to rent and watch Looper.
Really good movie, BTW.

[quote name='awestover89']Jesus, 30GB for MP3. I really am going to need a new hard drive soon[/QUOTE]

Guessing 70% of that is cutscenes. :lol:

[quote name='MysterD']Yeah, no crap -- I should be playing more Hitman: Absolution right now! :whistle2:X
But, nope - I'm playing catch-up w/ this thread now b/c I decided to rent and watch Looper.
Really good movie, BTW.[/QUOTE]

oh it was worth it though
right?
awesome movie

Time to replay Max Payne 1 & 2 since it's been so damn long and don't remember a thing.

Tony, will Transformers Fall of Cybertron make an appearance on the list?

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']
Nah, it just takes longer to update the OP here than to respond to someone on Reddit, which I'm able to do from my phone or Kindle. Most of my reddit posting is done from mobile or before I go to sleep, as with last night.
[/QUOTE]
Thanks for the info and insight! That actually explains a lot - since you probably have your phone and Kindle w/ you at all times, unlike say a laptop or desktop PC!

And thanks for updating the front-page! :D

tony,
i was just wondering if you are willing to say hitman absolution will 100% NOT be an editor's choice yet?
i'm getting impatient
i just find it hard to believe that hitman isn't an editor's choice

[quote name='Mooby']
Sorry if you think stating the obvious is lemming-like. You've been here as long as I have so I'd presume you'd have the sense to know about the possibility of overlapping deals and Amazon's price matching policy. Apparently not.[/QUOTE]

I fully get what you are saying. I know this is a price match. What I am interested in knowing is if he has talked with Paradox about future promotions in January. Last summer I bought Warlock Master of the Arcane for $12 and then 3 weeks later it was in a huge mega-pack for like $15 with 7-8 other games.

He is always telling everyone else "don't buy 2k games today -- we'll have them much cheaper in the future" so I figured I would get some kind of confirmation on whether or not Paradox would be running any promotions in January.

It is a moot point now. I just bought the thing off Steam. Really, saving $5 or $10 or whatever is not worth fighting with a bunch of teenagers. If Amazon's business model is to cater to gamers without money that only want free stuff (which seems to be who gets their questions answered immediately) then that is a pretty fail business plan.

Ok, I'm out to play War of the Roses with my friends.

It should be matched now.

[quote name='avwjase']Uh, I have asked the question three times over a five day period and you quote every post around mine but never mine and did not answer the question until today. It is cool and all.

Y'know, whatever. I spend too much money on Amazon to be apologizing to you guys. You waste time on people like Ideoteque (whatever) who wants free Bioshock who literally sandwiched my posts with his/her whines (of which you quoted all of his/her posts) but someone like me that has spent $500 or so on Amazon DVG over the past two years, I cannot get a "yes/no/maybe" to a simple question: "Will there be a sale on War of the Roses in January?"[/QUOTE]

[quote name='awestover89']Dude, chill. It wasn't a planned sale, it was a price match for Steam, and that deal just went into effect at 10AM PST (just over an hour ago). The question was answered in the post you quoted complaining that the question wasn't answered. The fact that you missed Tony's post even though you quoted it just makes you getting pissy about Tony missing your post all the more ironic.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='avwjase']This thread is a perfect illustration of why I stopped giving away games in this community. A bunch of lemmings.

And the $5 coupon still does not work on the House of York. Oh well, steam it is.[/QUOTE]

Again, the promo is working on the House of York, do you have a screenshot with it not applying to your checkout?

14jyoi9.jpg

Also, guys, these conversations are soul sucking. Starting today I'm instituting a "Tony checks and responds to CAG once per day". I'm going to do this for a week and see how it works out.

Responding to stuff until 2-6AM everyday for the past ~2 weeks is starting to wear on me.

To note, again, in this specific situation, the WOTR price match was just that, a price match, there was 0 way I could have told you in your previous posts, whether or not it would occur.

This is my last post for today. See whoever is playing TSW in game.

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='Patch517']Time to replay Max Payne 1 & 2 since it's been so damn long and don't remember a thing.[/QUOTE]

No need IMO. Other than the protagonist sharing the same name (and I suppose back story), Max Payne 3 is it's own story and not in the same realm of 1 and 2. The mood, atmosphere, everything really are all altered. If it wasn't for the inclusion of pills for healing and bullet time, I'd dare say that MP3 isn't even a Max Payne game.

[/QUOTE]

TRANSLATION:
"I really just want to play another 20+ hours of TSW w/ all the CAG'ers here!"
;)

EDIT:
Also, seems like a good way to try to get people to go buy TSW, while it's on sale. ;)
It'd be kinda crazy, if Tony's on playing TSW, adds some of us as Friends on there, and then he gets bombarded w/ Amazon DVG questions while playing. ;)

[quote name='tfr']I did not expect TSW to be 15GB :cry:[/QUOTE]

wait the secret world is 15gb?
the amazon page says 30gb
i would be way more inclined to get it if its 15gb

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']It should be matched now.

Again, the promo is working on the House of York, do you have a screenshot with it not applying to your checkout?

14jyoi9.jpg

Also, guys, these conversations are soul sucking. Starting today I'm instituting a "Tony checks and responds to CAG once per day". I'm going to do this for a week and see how it works out.

Responding to stuff until 2-6AM everyday for the past ~2 weeks is starting to wear on me.

To note, again, in this specific situation, the WOTR price match was just that, a price match, there was 0 way I could have told you in your previous posts, whether or not it would occur.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

What server on TSW?!

^Ditton on the size of TSW.
TSW is taking sooo long to dl. I already restarted it once to see if that would help, but it is going at like 300-400 KB/s D=

[quote name='Mooby']Guessing 70% of that is cutscenes. :lol:[/QUOTE]

Cut-scenes are rendered using the in-game engine, I believe, so they wouldn't take up much space. According to this article it's mostly due to all the textures (which I believe since the Skyrim high-res pack is also like 3-4GB), but also to higher audio quality included (which this game has tons of, not just in the cut scenes but in Max's narration of everything he does):

http://www.geforce.com/optimize/guides/max-payne-3-benchmarked-in-a-new-york-minute#1

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

... And as with everything good ... some people ruin it for everyone. Awesome...

I wish the community had a democratic vote so we could ban/kick people....

[/QUOTE]

Can somebody enlighten me on this issue?? I'm confused, should I be a sad panda or a happy panda??

[/QUOTE]

Don't blame you, as a lot of this is excruciating for us to read and we don't even have to respond to all the questions. You've been great though throughout the year, thanks Tony have a great new year.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

Great job avwjase! You ruined things for the rest of us! :roll: :cry: :shame:

Last edited by a moderator:
Picked up Max Payne 3 and Dark Souls

6 coupons left:

Debating Crazy Action Pack or just Darkness 2
Debating Mass Effect 3 (Deluxe, regular, or not at all)
Debating on the other 2K packs

And then waiting to see if there is anything else for the other coupons

[/QUOTE]

I won't say I'm not disappointed that you won't be here as much as you have been (which is more than I would expect from a rep). But I certainly don't blame you. No one person should have to bare the verbal assault (which apparently some people call asserting themselves) you take on a daily basis.

[quote name='awestover89']Picked up Max Payne 3 and Dark Souls

6 coupons left:

And then waiting to see if there is anything else for the other coupons[/QUOTE]

If you need help spending coupons I'd buy dark souls off you :D lol.

Still debating about TSW :/

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']But are you going to play with us?

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

I look forward to it. =) I'm still 8 hours away for my download to finish. CheersTony, I'll have to remember that. ^_^

[quote name='kiwimonster']Whoa and you just registered right now? I am debating TSW now because of everyone. Maybe fix my itch that I have for mmos.

Highly doubt it now i think 6 years of wow on and off have killed my love for them.[/QUOTE]

Yep, right before I made that post. I think from their subscription promo page, they might extend it all the way to the 7th, but I wouldn't wait. Good vibes for them not having a hard cutoff yet. In WoW I was pet collector (had a Hyacinth Macaw since mid-Classic WoW), so the Blood Raven made me happy.

So I grabbed May Payne 3 for the discounted price, but being an idiot I grabbed the NON steam version (because I loves me some extra DRM)

Anywhoo, I contacted Amazon customer service and within THREE MINUTES they had sorted me out. The spooky thing was, when I went to buy the steam version of MP3, I had the $5 discount PLUS the $5 discount that was refunded from my NON steam version of MP3.... so it cost me just $4.99.

Amazon customer service are flat out brilliant for sorting out problems quickly!

People just take a missed post way too personally. I had to ask Tony three or four times to get the Warlock DLC price matched but that's just the way it is when you're posting on multiple forums and responding to hundreds of PMs (and probably e-mail and text, too).

[quote name='awestover89']Picked up Max Payne 3 and Dark Souls

6 coupons left:

And then waiting to see if there is anything else for the other coupons[/QUOTE]

RE: ME3, get the deluxe version as it comes with the From Ashes DLC which is valued at $10 on its own. And I personally have NEVER seen Bioware DLC go on ANY kind of sale. (Be known that I am biased as ME is one of, if not my most favorite franchise.)

[quote name='yangwenli']

Still interested in a "Shogun" only set for 14.99.[/QUOTE]

+1

I would be very interested in a Shogun 2 + DLC & Shogun 2: FotS + DLC bundle.

[/QUOTE]
So, even if there's a price-match we're looking for that pops-up, we'll have to wait until you do your "once a day CAG post?"
And how do we know when you're going to do your "once a day CAG post" is coming?
Will there be a scheduled time?

BTW - I don't like that idea at all of "once a CAG day" post. :(

And BTW - if you respond to this post only, will that constitute your "once a CAG day" post for today? ;)

[quote name='frankie007']Finally got both MP3 (great price!) and TSW, this one based on all the great feedback received here.

Btw, I also got "The initiate pack" when registering in www.thesecretworld.com so it is still available![/QUOTE]

Wait - is it Jan 1st, 2013 yet in the Norwegian area where Funcom is from?

I'm sure he means he'll scan the entire thread since the time of his last post and just make one big reply (excluding the why u no give us free gaems?!?! stuff).

[quote name='MysterD']Wait - is it Jan 1st, 2013 yet in the Norwegian area where Funcom is from?[/QUOTE]

Considering Europe is AHEAD of us on the clock, yeah, I would guess so ;)

Amazon knocking it out of the park again today. Picked up Secret World (All you guys talking convinced me! I need a MMO substitute for boring WoW anyhow.). Very much debating MP3, though I remember growing bored of it on the 360 (but liking the style of it.)

(Also, leave Tony alone, guys. He is one man. One man doesn't need to take all that abuse. Yes, it's the price of success, to a point, but now people are abusing him. and thats too far. It sickens me. )

Thanks for the Price Match on Steam DRM Max Payne 3!

Can anyone comment on the MP3 Season Pass? it looks to be useless as for Multiplayer only. ...is there any DLC that extends the storyline at all? misterD, I'm looking for your advice :)

[quote name='nosferatu51']Considering Europe is AHEAD of us on the clock, yeah, I would guess so ;)[/QUOTE]

And they're still giving out the FREE Extras (that were supposed to end on Dec 31, 2012)?
What happened? They been hanging out w/ Gamersgate or something? ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back