Amazon PCDD $12.49 Walking Dead ($7.49 after coupon)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amazon DVG Deals

Official Representative
Feedback
4 (100%)
Hi CAGs,

I'll be posting deals we're running on Digital Games (PC/Mac, Free to Play, Sony/Microsoft Points/Subs).

I'm also here to answer questions you might have, get you closer to the developers by hosting Q&As, setting up podcasts, live streaming gameplay etc. If I don't respond to a question you have in thread please send me a PM. These ping my email address and make it more likely that I will see your question and respond more quickly.

FYI. EA Games sold by Amazon will not activate on Steam.

Digital Holiday

1/5-1/12

The Walking Dead - $12.49 ($7.49 post coupon)

1/11-1/13:

Alice: Madness Returns: The Complete Collection - $11.99 pre coupon (6.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Dragon Age Pack PC - $12.99 pre-coupon ($7.99 after coupon) - not Steam

1/18-1/20:

Need for Speed: The Run - $8.99 ($3.99 after coupon) - not Steam
EA Sports Classic Pack - $8.99 ($3.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Syndicate - $9.99 ($4.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Crysis Maximum Maximum -$17.99 ($12.99 after coupon) - not Steam

1/13-1/19:

Tantalizing THQ Medley - $11.99 pre coupon ($6.99 after coupon) - Steam

1/11-1/12:

Darksiders Franchise Pack - $13.19 before coupon ($8.19 after coupon) - Steam
Saints Row The Third: The Full Package - $12.49 pre coupon ($7.49 after coupon) - Steam

1/29-1/31:

Burning Hot Bundle - $11.99 ($6.99 after coupon)

F.A.Q.S.:

1. Does the game I'm buying from Amazon Activate on Steam/Origin/Uplay? What DRM does the game use?

There are two places to identify DRM on a digital video game detail page:

At the top of the page, below the title:

16hm7a8.png

In the "Product Description" section:

r06ykl.jpg

2. Note on Electronic Arts Games - For the most part, EA games sold on Amazon do not activate on Steam. Most activate on Origin.

3. Note on DRM with limited activations:

Our Policy

4. Sometimes I'll do giveaways.

5. I work with developers and publishers to get fun (or at least what I think is fun) content to share with you all. Here are some examples:

a. Check out the Pax Gameplay videos here: Xcom: Enemy Unknown I played Xcom with Jake, the Creative Director for the game, a few months before the game came out Also, on this page, check out the Q&A, also a community driven event.

b. Check out the interview on this page: Borderlands 2 we did this interview at E3 with Randy Pitchford this year.

c. We've partnered with the ++GoodGames Podcast to feature many of the games we carry. They talk to the developers about the game development process, how the games are conceptualized and managed, all kinds of fun stuff. I'm working on putting together full link list and will update when I have it.

What else do we sell?

Xbox Live Points and Subscriptions:

1600 Microsoft Live Points
4000 Microsoft Live Points
12 Month XBOX Live Subscription
3 Month XBOX Live Subscription]
12 Month + 1 XBOX Live Subscription

PSN+ Subscriptions and PSN Points:

$20 PSN Points
$50 PSN Points
12 Month PSN+ Subscription
3 Month PSN+ Subscription

We also have a Free-2-Play store supported by our GameConnect technology. Gameconnect allows you to link your Amazon.com account with free-2-play and MMO accounts so that you can buy things like in game currency, premium game time/subscriptions, in game items, etc. on Amazon.com using your Amazon.com payment options and have this content delivered directly into your game.

To check out the Free-2-Play games we offer you can visit our storefront here:

Free-2-Play Store

Last edited by a moderator:
I think at very least people who buy TSW today should be safe with still getting the bonuses.

If Gamersgate taught me one thing it's the Scandanavians do not work on holidays so anything that needs getting done will just have to wait until after the holidays are over. :p

my version of TSW says issue #5 I bought it at around 7 pst
the note in the launcher says current players and those who purchased in december get it.

[quote name='MrWhitey']How long deal for Darksouls will be active? Cant decide if buy it or wait for better games, and then take it on last day, if nothing better comes up.[/QUOTE]

OP says 1/5.

[quote name='MrWhitey']How long deal for Darksouls will be active? Cant decide if buy it or wait for better games, and then take it on last day, if nothing better comes up.[/QUOTE]

the sale for it ends on 1/5

Seriously? Read the first post. Tony keeps it updated.

[quote name='bwrobins']Keep in mind if you are buying "The Secret World" (TSW) under the current January Promotion that you will have to spend an additional $5+ to purchase the DLC content that is given to those who activated in Decemeber for free. So your coupon doesn't really get you anything....

Source: http://www.thesecretworld.com/gameplay

"NEW CONTENT FOR THE FUTURE

Periodically we will release packs of DLC (Downloadable Content). These updates, called Issues in The Secret World, contain new content, such as more Auxiliary Weapons, new missions and story arcs. These packs are fully optional and can be purchased for the Bonus Points that are included in the optional Membership, as well as with the Grandmaster Lifetime service.

The first DLC will start selling in January 2013, and is the main storyline of issue #5. This will sell for $5, however this content is already fully unlocked for anyone who has a full game account registered before the end of December 2012.

Regular patches with free content and updates and enhancements to the core game will still continue."[/QUOTE]
I'm still downloading so I cannot confirm anything but, according to this information, issue #5 has already been released, so I guess we are getting it as well.

The only thing I can confirm is that I got "The Initiate Pack" as it is showing in my account.

Guess both things are "tied", but don't know for sure.

Hey... super delayed realization here, but I bought the Prototype Pack on Nov 9th when it was $7.49. I was supposed to get an EC coupon for that, wasn't I? I never did....

it's not a biggie but I was just curious if we were indeed supposed to get one with that purchase or if that promo started later on in the month.

[quote name='zillionandnine']Hey... super delayed realization here, but I bought the Prototype Pack on Nov 9th when it was $7.49. I was supposed to get an EC coupon for that, wasn't I? I never did....

it's not a biggie but I was just curious if we were indeed supposed to get one with that purchase or if that promo started later on in the month.[/QUOTE]

Don't know if he got to it yet or not, but...

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']Weird on the Prototype Packs, I did that one a while ago. I'm out sick today and currently kind of groggy. I'll get at it tomorrow.

Can someone with my email address toss me a note to remind me? If your email client has the ability to make it high importance, do so, I love those little red exclamation points.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

[quote name='melvinmelon123']I think I already know the answer, but does TSW activate on steam or is it a download from Amazon?[/QUOTE]

AFAIK = EA = Origin activated.

[quote name='melvinmelon123']I think I already know the answer, but does TSW activate on steam or is it a download from Amazon?[/QUOTE]

You already know the answer (Not Steam)

[quote name='Neuro5i5']Don't know if he got to it yet or not, but...[/QUOTE]

Thanks. This thread is so hard to keep up with, so I missed that post.

I guess I'll give it another day or two, and see if it comes through.

Download from Amazon or directly from the developer Funcom.

It does not activate to Origin. Not easily anyway. You may possibly be able to get a sympathetic EA rep to add it to your account but the key itself will not activate there.

*Edit: No Steam. If you really want it on Steam you will have to buy it there but of course it's not nearly as cheap as the current Amazon sale + $5 coupon.

[quote name='frankie007']I'm still downloading so I cannot confirm anything but, according to this information, issue #5 has already been released, so I guess we are getting it as well.

The only thing I can confirm is that I got "The Initiate Pack" as it is showing in my account.

Guess both things are "tied", but don't know for sure.[/QUOTE]

The top left of my download (I'm downloading from the TSW site) says "Version: Issue #5" so I assume that it includes the most recent DLC.

[quote name='TwistedShade']Does anyone know what TSW server Tony is on? or where I can join the cag group.[/QUOTE]

Supposedly server doesn't matter (per Tony), but I'm trying to join as well and have yet to have any responses.

[quote name='Tallkido']pm dead island goty?
also will the coupon work with sr3 season pass?[/QUOTE]

Amazon doesn't PM flash deals nor community votes; only daily deals.

I'm going to need to join the CAG group too for TSW, but is anyone having trouble actually getting the download to finish? I was just about done, then the patcher kept crashing constantly with supposedly 108 MB left. I finally got it going again, and now it shows that's downloaded 182/106MB and still going.

[quote name='CrimsonTribe']There's no way of know if it is still possible (or when it ends (ended?), but several people in this thread have reported getting the same bonuses after buying today. So, people shouldn't buy based only on this, but it's probably still possible.

[edit] ninja'd - great minds or something[/QUOTE]

Still going on, just did it myself.

[quote name='banzaiwolfe']I'm going to need to join the CAG group too for TSW, but is anyone having trouble actually getting the download to finish? I was just about done, then the patcher kept crashing constantly with supposedly 108 MB left. I finally got it going again, and now it shows that's downloaded 182/106MB and still going.[/QUOTE]

Just close it and restart it, mine did that yesterday and that finished the download

Woo, my TSW registration from around 330am PST this morning gave me both the Initiate pack and Issue #5 content. I'm going to try to create some chars and play for a few mins sometime tonight.

Now I'm really about to bite on TSW... It still applies for the promo?

Also, been reading a lot about it, and I like it uses a lot of lovecraft ambient...

One can play solo? I'm asking because I will play it on my little spare time. And, btw, since I've never played any MMO... Is for ocasional players? I doubt I will be playing it daily...

[quote name='clonesniper666']Just close it and restart it, mine did that yesterday and that finished the download[/QUOTE]

Mine did something weird as well (though I had walked away for a couple hrs so have no idea what). A restart of the downloader did the trick.

FYI for those making a Steam (or maybe an Origin too) shortcut. If the patcher crashes on you then Windows will automatically set the game to run in compatibility mode which may disable the Steam overlay.

There's some registry keys you will have to go in and fish out and delete to fix that.

More info on that process here.

[quote name='TwistedShade']Does anyone know what TSW server Tony is on? or where I can join the cag group.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='nosferatu51']Supposedly server doesn't matter (per Tony), but I'm trying to join as well and have yet to have any responses.[/QUOTE]

Send idiotekque a pm so you can hop on the tsw cag group.

[quote name='Kitsune Sniper']Good god, Max Payne 3 for ten bucks, should I?

I loved the earlier games and heard this one wasn't as good...[/QUOTE]

I loved Max Payne 1 & 2 respectively when they first came out and hated, HATED Max Payne 3. Like, hated it so much I only played ~3 hours and uninstalled it. It just seemed so lackluster and mediocre, with a cliched story, I felt like I was wasting my time with it. Definitely not up to Rockstar standard.

Just my opinion though, I'm sure there are some people that liked it.

[quote name='jkimrey']Can someone explain what the December (and apparently today) bonuses are for TSW?

Thanks[/QUOTE]

Raven pet

Weapon pack

Faction Jacket

Issue #5 free (expansion)

...come to think of it, I'm not sure why Dead Island GOTY isn't in the EC sale either. That game ALSO came out in 2012, had solid reception, and doesn't have much logic behind why it wouldn't be in a sale about 2012 either.

Plus it'll only get cheaper. $15 on Steam because the base retail is $60. If that doesn't drop to $30 by the Summer Sale or earlier and get another 75% off dragging it to $7.50 (or possibly less) I'll be amazed.

According to an answer I received in another thread, you can play solo.

I've never really gotten into the MMO either, but these guys ended up selling me on it... :)

[quote name='juanjava']Now I'm really about to bite on TSW... It still applies for the promo?

Also, been reading a lot about it, and I like it uses a lot of lovecraft ambient...

One can play solo? I'm asking because I will play it on my little spare time. And, btw, since I've never played any MMO... Is for ocasional players? I doubt I will be playing it daily...[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the info.

Just purchased it and from what I can see, it includes both the Initiative Pack and Issue #5...

[quote name='Cofresi']Raven pet

Weapon pack

Faction Jacket

Issue #5 free (expansion)[/QUOTE]

will the editor's choice list be updated throughout the month or is the sale basically what is listed in the OP and amazon page right now?

[quote name='Scouter']will the editor's choice list be updated throughout the month or is the sale basically what is listed in the OP and amazon page right now?[/QUOTE]
Will be updated throughout month. Tony's words not mine (IIRC anyway)

Okay, so are the sales advertised in the OP the only changes that are going to be made regarding the Editor's choice games? Just want to know if it's safe to use my remaining 2 credits, or if I should hang on to them for later just in case. I'd hate to miss out on a great deal later because I picked up a game I've already played (Amalur) just for the dlc.

Btw, THANKS TONY for including the premium content for Battlefield 3 without having to re-buy the base game. 20 bucks for all 5 packs and extra content is an excellent deal. I saw someone asking you to provide this a couple hundred pages ago, and it seems you listened. Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back