Amazon PCDD $12.49 Walking Dead ($7.49 after coupon)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amazon DVG Deals

Official Representative
Feedback
4 (100%)
Hi CAGs,

I'll be posting deals we're running on Digital Games (PC/Mac, Free to Play, Sony/Microsoft Points/Subs).

I'm also here to answer questions you might have, get you closer to the developers by hosting Q&As, setting up podcasts, live streaming gameplay etc. If I don't respond to a question you have in thread please send me a PM. These ping my email address and make it more likely that I will see your question and respond more quickly.

FYI. EA Games sold by Amazon will not activate on Steam.

Digital Holiday

1/5-1/12

The Walking Dead - $12.49 ($7.49 post coupon)

1/11-1/13:

Alice: Madness Returns: The Complete Collection - $11.99 pre coupon (6.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Dragon Age Pack PC - $12.99 pre-coupon ($7.99 after coupon) - not Steam

1/18-1/20:

Need for Speed: The Run - $8.99 ($3.99 after coupon) - not Steam
EA Sports Classic Pack - $8.99 ($3.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Syndicate - $9.99 ($4.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Crysis Maximum Maximum -$17.99 ($12.99 after coupon) - not Steam

1/13-1/19:

Tantalizing THQ Medley - $11.99 pre coupon ($6.99 after coupon) - Steam

1/11-1/12:

Darksiders Franchise Pack - $13.19 before coupon ($8.19 after coupon) - Steam
Saints Row The Third: The Full Package - $12.49 pre coupon ($7.49 after coupon) - Steam

1/29-1/31:

Burning Hot Bundle - $11.99 ($6.99 after coupon)

F.A.Q.S.:

1. Does the game I'm buying from Amazon Activate on Steam/Origin/Uplay? What DRM does the game use?

There are two places to identify DRM on a digital video game detail page:

At the top of the page, below the title:

16hm7a8.png

In the "Product Description" section:

r06ykl.jpg

2. Note on Electronic Arts Games - For the most part, EA games sold on Amazon do not activate on Steam. Most activate on Origin.

3. Note on DRM with limited activations:

Our Policy

4. Sometimes I'll do giveaways.

5. I work with developers and publishers to get fun (or at least what I think is fun) content to share with you all. Here are some examples:

a. Check out the Pax Gameplay videos here: Xcom: Enemy Unknown I played Xcom with Jake, the Creative Director for the game, a few months before the game came out Also, on this page, check out the Q&A, also a community driven event.

b. Check out the interview on this page: Borderlands 2 we did this interview at E3 with Randy Pitchford this year.

c. We've partnered with the ++GoodGames Podcast to feature many of the games we carry. They talk to the developers about the game development process, how the games are conceptualized and managed, all kinds of fun stuff. I'm working on putting together full link list and will update when I have it.

What else do we sell?

Xbox Live Points and Subscriptions:

1600 Microsoft Live Points
4000 Microsoft Live Points
12 Month XBOX Live Subscription
3 Month XBOX Live Subscription]
12 Month + 1 XBOX Live Subscription

PSN+ Subscriptions and PSN Points:

$20 PSN Points
$50 PSN Points
12 Month PSN+ Subscription
3 Month PSN+ Subscription

We also have a Free-2-Play store supported by our GameConnect technology. Gameconnect allows you to link your Amazon.com account with free-2-play and MMO accounts so that you can buy things like in game currency, premium game time/subscriptions, in game items, etc. on Amazon.com using your Amazon.com payment options and have this content delivered directly into your game.

To check out the Free-2-Play games we offer you can visit our storefront here:

Free-2-Play Store

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='jwk94']So it's best to just hold off on purchases until the month is over?[/QUOTE]

Well, if you wait 'til the month is over, then your coupons all went to waste, so... no

[quote name='BernardoOne']Does it has a large userbase or is mostly dead?[/QUOTE]

Can't say personally, I didn't like MP3 enough to try out multiplayer.

Okay, so are the sales advertised in the OP the only changes that are going to be made regarding the Editor's choice games? Just want to know if it's safe to use my remaining 2 credits, or if I should hang on to them for later just in case. I'd hate to miss out on a great deal later because I picked up a game I've already played (Amalur) just for the dlc.

Btw, THANKS TONY for including the premium content for Battlefield 3 without having to re-buy the base game. 20 bucks for all 5 packs and extra content is an excellent deal. I saw someone asking you to provide this a couple hundred pages ago, and it seems you listened. Thanks!

I'm in the CAG group as well and I'm pretty sure Tony (if it's him) didn't list his server. Seriously though, pick whichever you like. Because of the nature of the game you don't have to be on the server so no reason to sweat it. Especially if you prefer a RP setting.

just noticed mp3 steam version comes with 4 dlc, at least on mine
classic max
disorganized crime
pill bottle
special ed pack

Why am I picturing all these new TSW players in-game going "Hey Tony, great price on TSW, thanks. You're totally awesome! Oh BTW, can you price match game xyz?" :lol:

[quote name='darcmin']just noticed mp3 steam version comes with 4 dlc, at least on mine
classic max
disorganized crime
pill bottle
special ed pack[/QUOTE]

I just checked and mine did too. I haven't really been following this game that closely so I don't know if this is normal or not but on Steam they are definitely selling as separate items.

[quote name='Neuro5i5']Why am I picturing all these new TSW players in-game going "Hey Tony, great price on TSW, thanks. You're totally awesome! Oh BTW, can you price match game xyz?" :lol:[/QUOTE]

They found a new way to harass him!

But in all seriousness, if people end up playing in a group with other people from here let's try and keep the deal stuff out of the game if we can help it.

I bought Max Payne 3 a few minutes ago and I didn't get the $5 promotional credit. It gave me promotional credit for some f2p games. Is this supposed to happen or should I contact support?

[quote name='Whipper']I bought Max Payne 3 a few minutes ago and I didn't get the $5 promotional credit. It gave me promotional credit for some f2p games. Is this supposed to happen or should I contact support?[/QUOTE]

$5 promo credit is over; last day was Dec 31st.

[quote name='scrappler']I never play MMO's but you guys talked me into the secret world...Now to see about this TSW CAG group.[/QUOTE]

I don't normally either but TSW (so far what little bit I have played) and TOR I think are quite solo-able. I don't mind an MMO like that because you're not dependent upon needing other people to play but the option is there if you want it.

Not to change the subject over to TOR, but I played that game a ton and I think 95% of the time I went solo.

If you only have two I'd recommend only using them on games you absolutely want. There's no way of knowing exactly what will be included in the sale or what will be PM'd that's in the list. It's entirely a crapshoot and a gamble, but you'll probably come out of it happy if you have so few.

[quote name='Whipper']I bought Max Payne 3 a few minutes ago and I didn't get the $5 promotional credit. It gave me promotional credit for some f2p games. Is this supposed to happen or should I contact support?[/QUOTE]

The time period for receiving EC promo credits is over. The time to spend them has just started.

[quote name='DarkZero104']If you only have two I'd recommend only using them on games you absolutely want. There's no way of knowing exactly what will be included in the sale or what will be PM'd that's in the list. It's entirely a crapshoot and a gamble, but you'll probably come out of it happy if you have so few.[/QUOTE]

Far Cry 3! Waiting until the end of the month to buy it to see if it gets any additional discounts.

[quote name='zillionandnine']Screw it, I'm buying The Secret World. Curse you guys![/QUOTE]

That's exactly what I said! I didn't even know anything about the game till maybe a week ago.

[quote name='darcmin']just noticed mp3 steam version comes with 4 dlc, at least on mine
classic max
disorganized crime
pill bottle
special ed pack[/QUOTE]
Just checked and it lists them as me having them too. Don't plan on playing MP but it's nice to have gotten them with the game anyway.

[quote name='SCMoney360']That's exactly what I said! I didn't even know anything about the game till maybe a week ago.[/QUOTE]

Same.

Holiday sales always make me hate the fact that I have an Internet download cap and have to share it with 3 other people. Ha. About to kiss at least 15 GB goodbye.

[quote name='Neuro5i5']The time period for receiving EC promo credits is over. The time to spend them has just started.[/QUOTE]
Just imagine if they still dished them out... self-replicating coupons. :lol:

[quote name='IkedaTeramusa']It's NOT like WoW.

I told people over on the Steam thread, and I'll say it here.

Do NOT review the game until you have done 2 things:
1) Kingsmouth Code - You get this quest from the Priest in Solomon's Island, just past the Sherriffs station.
2) Do Polaris (first instance) - Recommended at QL2-3.

Do those. If those don't make you go WHOA, then the game will be a bust. But I'd be willing to bet it'd satisfy the urge for most people.

(mind you, using a walkthrough on the Kingsmouth code will defeat the purpose and leave you wanting)[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the heads-up! I'm just beginning to do quests in Kingsmouth and am totally loving the amazing variety of quests. I haven't really played an MMO since I first played Guild Wars around launch, so TSW is, to me, a real breath of fresh air.

• The real world merged with secret societies, occult, and all other types of cool magiclike things is really neat.
  • Combat so far is a lot of fun and feels snappy and responsive. Even with two starting skills I feel like I'm really making an impact and kicking ass right away. I'm tired of feeling like a baby lamb when I start some RPGs.
  • Quest structure is terrific. I haven't played an MMO in ages but I am truly enjoying the variety and multi-tiered nature of the quests. In other words, you're not just filling a quota or fetching something all the time. I feel like they add to the story and give you a sense of being a part of the world.
  • I haven't joined a group yet, but so far I really like how TSW handles solo play. In a way it's as if they considered casual, single players like me first rather than design around group play. Having said that, I do look forward to playing with you guys and gals online because these powers and skills are just too fun not to use them in a group :)

Tony, thanks for the awesome deal on this game. I think the combination of the price and subscription fee drop was the perfect storm this holiday season.
TSW CAGS, thanks so much for championing this game these last couple of months. I would never, ever have looked into it unless so many of you justified your praise for it.

My character is "Bugtong" on Grim, so please add me to the CAG group :) Seeya online!

P.S. Oh, and to confirm, YES, I did get Issue #5, so hopefully the rest of your post-midnight purchasers/registrants also get this along with the December goodies.

[quote name='zillionandnine']Screw it, I'm buying The Secret World. Curse you guys![/QUOTE]

Same here finaly decided to get it. Never even heard of TSW until a few days ago and never played a mmo.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Motoki']
But in all seriousness, if people end up playing in a group with other people from here let's try and keep the deal stuff out of the game if we can help it.[/QUOTE]

My thoughts exactly. Let the man have some fun time away from the "office" :)

It's not updated on the front page, but Torchlight is now $3.75 instead of the posted deal of $4.99 for anyone interested in it.

[quote name='TwistedShade']Damn TSW Download is moving so slow! Curse my 1MB a second download speed.[/QUOTE]

Well if you are downloading from Amazon you can try downloading straight from Funcom, or vice versa.

I've heard neither are giving very good download speeds lately. Personally I downloaded it really quickly but I got mine off of Steam and I also paid more. :p

[quote name='Mippo']It's not updated on the front page, but Torchlight is now $3.75 instead of the posted deal of $4.99 for anyone interested in it.[/QUOTE]

Likely just a Steam price match.

so i've only got 57 gb left on my hard drive (really should have sprung for the 500gb ssd instead of the 250)

so how much space does the secret world take?
the page says 30gb but everyone keeps mentioning 15gb
if it is only 15, i am gonna get it

[quote name='NeoGutsman']My character is "Bugtong" on Grim, so please add me to the CAG group :) Seeya online![/QUOTE]
Sorry, I read "Buttgong" at first. :mrgreen:

I'll post my char names to the CAG group once I create some tonight.

[quote name='tham1988']so i've only got 57 gb left on my hard drive (really should have sprung for the 500gb ssd instead of the 250)

so how much space does the secret world take?
the page says 30gb but everyone keeps mentioning 15gb
if it is only 15, i am gonna get it[/QUOTE]

Downloader says 15.4 GB.

[quote name='TwistedShade']Damn TSW Download is moving so slow! Curse my 1MB a second download speed.[/QUOTE]

You curse at that and I get happy when I get 450kb :D

[quote name='NeoGutsman']My thoughts exactly. Let the man have some fun time away from the "office" :)[/QUOTE]

ROFL!!!
I can see it now, a mass of CAGers joining TSW and asking Tony while ingame to PM games on Amazon.

I am only getting 1.5MB-2MB too, but still much faster than PSN.

mine was going good until about 5 minutes ago. now it shows I have to wait 66 more hours. it must have been the flood of CAGS finally breaking down and getting it.

God damnit, I should've waited for the possibility of 12.49 TWD pre-coupon. I didn't think there was any chance with the Steam sale being over soon and it already having that as a daily deal. Also, didn't know the 2K packs or Spec Ops would be part of the EC deal, so I got the D to S bundle with coupon and ended up with extra Bioshock keys rather than just using my coupon on the Strategy pack, ahh man I'm too compulsive :D

Looking forward to the sales this month, though! At least Darkness 2 will be available for 2.49 AC, although not sure if I should just get the WTF pack for an extra Borderlands key for a friend. Hopefully TWD does hit that 7.49 price AC, will pickup an extra code for a friend.

I've never played an MMO and would love to try TSW but by the time I get a machine that will run it everyone will have moved on to the next great thing. Poo.

sorry if this was mentioned before, but do I have to wait until the dl finishes to see if I got the issue #5? Under "your products", it shows that i have the initiate pack but nothing else.

[quote name='Terlan']Just checked and it lists them as me having them too. Don't plan on playing MP but it's nice to have gotten them with the game anyway.[/QUOTE]

so if i buy the $15 MP3 on amazon, i get these 4 DLCs for free?

[quote name='memphiz88']so if i buy the $15 MP3 on amazon, i get these 4 DLCs for free?[/QUOTE]

Have to wait until download finishes, and create a character to view the item shop.

[quote name='scrappler']sorry if this was mentioned before, but do I have to wait until the dl finishes to see if I got the issue #5? Under "your products", it shows that i have the initiate pack but nothing else.[/QUOTE]

It shows up under Boost packs for 0 coins in the store I believe, but you have to have created a character first. Also the launcher should say something about Magazine #5 version of the game.

So far it seems like everyone buying the game today is getting it.

[quote name='memphiz88']so if i buy the $15 MP3 on amazon, i get these 4 DLCs for free?[/QUOTE]

AFAIK yes.

[quote name='contej85']Are people still getting all the extra Secret World content currently?

This will determine if I buy nor not.[/QUOTE]

The most recent person did, but that was an hour or 2 ago

[quote name='contej85']Are people still getting all the extra Secret World content currently?

This will determine if I buy nor not.[/QUOTE]

Yes, so far all reports are this way. I can't say 100% for sure you will absolutely get it but it doesn't appear there is anyone there in Norway on New Year's day to shut it off for the time being.

If it's buy or no buy it's not a guarantee so you will just have to take a chance but in all likelihood you will get it.

Also it will be a while before you can verify if you have Magazine #5 for free since you will need to install the game and create a character before you can access it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back