Amazon PCDD $12.49 Walking Dead ($7.49 after coupon)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amazon DVG Deals

Official Representative
Feedback
4 (100%)
Hi CAGs,

I'll be posting deals we're running on Digital Games (PC/Mac, Free to Play, Sony/Microsoft Points/Subs).

I'm also here to answer questions you might have, get you closer to the developers by hosting Q&As, setting up podcasts, live streaming gameplay etc. If I don't respond to a question you have in thread please send me a PM. These ping my email address and make it more likely that I will see your question and respond more quickly.

FYI. EA Games sold by Amazon will not activate on Steam.

Digital Holiday

1/5-1/12

The Walking Dead - $12.49 ($7.49 post coupon)

1/11-1/13:

Alice: Madness Returns: The Complete Collection - $11.99 pre coupon (6.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Dragon Age Pack PC - $12.99 pre-coupon ($7.99 after coupon) - not Steam

1/18-1/20:

Need for Speed: The Run - $8.99 ($3.99 after coupon) - not Steam
EA Sports Classic Pack - $8.99 ($3.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Syndicate - $9.99 ($4.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Crysis Maximum Maximum -$17.99 ($12.99 after coupon) - not Steam

1/13-1/19:

Tantalizing THQ Medley - $11.99 pre coupon ($6.99 after coupon) - Steam

1/11-1/12:

Darksiders Franchise Pack - $13.19 before coupon ($8.19 after coupon) - Steam
Saints Row The Third: The Full Package - $12.49 pre coupon ($7.49 after coupon) - Steam

1/29-1/31:

Burning Hot Bundle - $11.99 ($6.99 after coupon)

F.A.Q.S.:

1. Does the game I'm buying from Amazon Activate on Steam/Origin/Uplay? What DRM does the game use?

There are two places to identify DRM on a digital video game detail page:

At the top of the page, below the title:

16hm7a8.png

In the "Product Description" section:

r06ykl.jpg

2. Note on Electronic Arts Games - For the most part, EA games sold on Amazon do not activate on Steam. Most activate on Origin.

3. Note on DRM with limited activations:

Our Policy

4. Sometimes I'll do giveaways.

5. I work with developers and publishers to get fun (or at least what I think is fun) content to share with you all. Here are some examples:

a. Check out the Pax Gameplay videos here: Xcom: Enemy Unknown I played Xcom with Jake, the Creative Director for the game, a few months before the game came out Also, on this page, check out the Q&A, also a community driven event.

b. Check out the interview on this page: Borderlands 2 we did this interview at E3 with Randy Pitchford this year.

c. We've partnered with the ++GoodGames Podcast to feature many of the games we carry. They talk to the developers about the game development process, how the games are conceptualized and managed, all kinds of fun stuff. I'm working on putting together full link list and will update when I have it.

What else do we sell?

Xbox Live Points and Subscriptions:

1600 Microsoft Live Points
4000 Microsoft Live Points
12 Month XBOX Live Subscription
3 Month XBOX Live Subscription]
12 Month + 1 XBOX Live Subscription

PSN+ Subscriptions and PSN Points:

$20 PSN Points
$50 PSN Points
12 Month PSN+ Subscription
3 Month PSN+ Subscription

We also have a Free-2-Play store supported by our GameConnect technology. Gameconnect allows you to link your Amazon.com account with free-2-play and MMO accounts so that you can buy things like in game currency, premium game time/subscriptions, in game items, etc. on Amazon.com using your Amazon.com payment options and have this content delivered directly into your game.

To check out the Free-2-Play games we offer you can visit our storefront here:

Free-2-Play Store

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='contej85']No part of what you just described is easier than Steam.

You're confusing "easy" and "more versatile".[/QUOTE]

You don't realize how many games I have, and from how many sources.

It became impossible (or at least time-wasting) to even keep track of what games I already owned, period.

Never mind duplicate keys I acquire from buying packs of games of stuff I already own part of.

So, yes, it was the "easy" (only) way to keep track of what I own. The fact I expanded upon it with further data is irrelevant to why I did it to begin with.

[quote name='Motoki']Just 2013? I think I have enough games to last until 2060. Didn't stop me from buying more though. :p
[/QUOTE]

Haha. I try to refrain from buying too much during the holiday sale so that I have the opportunity to actually play through the games proper before moving on to new ones. I get my money's worth (I finish 99% of the titles I buy).

By the time I've cleared the backlog, the next sale is around the corner and I snatch up the titles I missed last time around at an even cheaper price! Win win!

Don't get wrong, the itch to buy more is always there :)

I use my spreadsheet just for tracking games, download links (might stop doing this since most sites have a decent account page now or use a client), keys, notes, register date, extra game keys, price, etc. I also use it to note extras or add-ons.

Overall, though, I do like the convenience of Steam's listings (grey or white) but it hasn't stopped me from buying a game that doesn't use it.

Talking about the bioshock pack, why not lower the price to 7.5$? With Desert to Sea bundle picking up Bioshock Dual Pack at the same price is pointless.

[quote name='NeoGutsman']Risen 2 is on sale for $7.50 on GamersGate. Soo tempting... Apologies for forgetting, but was this not going to be a part of the EC, was it?[/QUOTE]

I don't think so, even if it was, Amazon doesn't match GamersGate.

[quote name='NeoGutsman']I use my spreadsheet just for tracking games, download links (might stop doing this since most sites have a decent account page now or use a client), keys, notes, register date, extra game keys, price, etc. I also use it to note extras or add-ons.

Overall, though, I do like the convenience of Steam's listings (grey or white) but it hasn't stopped me from buying a game that doesn't use it.[/QUOTE]

Yes, source of where I bought it so I know where to download it was key to why I started.

Here's an example of current sources:

Amazon
BigFIshGames
Blizzard.com
Bundle in a Box
CD
D2D (Gamefly)
DVD
Gamersgate
GetGames
GOG.com
GreenManGaming
groupees
Humble
IndieGala
IndieRoyale
Mojang
Nzone
Origin
Steam
Uplay

Keep track of that in my head?

Much easier to just make a spreadsheet: Game, who I bought it from.

OK. About to start my journey with Origin Live Chat and adding TSW - will post updates as I get them....

Update #1 - Had lengthy back and forth with Origin live chat. Long story short, issue has been "escalated" and I should hear back from them in 5-6 business days.
They tried to tell me it was a FunCom issue, and I advised that they forwarded me to a forum post saying that I should contact Origin and that is where we are now. I will give them the benefit of the doubt. Will post next update Saturday.

Last edited by a moderator:
Okay, I'm seriously done with game-buying now until Black Friday 2013! (*cough Not including Grand Theft Auto V and Bioshock Infinite *cough *cough). I might have to get my wife to set up a parental block to block CAG from my weak willpower. It's been fun guys, see ya next year*!

(*week)

[quote name='xRidley']This is CAG you fuck ing moron. Paying more to get something with no more functionality isn't very CAG like now is it?

Not surprising the veterans (ie people registered here for nearly a decade and understand the point of this site) and the little middle school kiddies who registered this/last year have different opinions.[/QUOTE]

I agree with Motoki, people are entitled to buy things wherever they please. Who are you to define what is and isn't CAG-like.

Your veteran status on this site isn't determined by when you decided to create an account here. You earn your merit here based on your actions, not seniority.

You've been here for 8 years, and you've made 161 posts? How does that make you any better than us? We've been here for less than 2 years and we've contributed more than you have in 8.

What makes a CAG a CAG isn't how much of a cheapass you are. It's the sense of community, the giving, the trading, the trust, the sense of family. You're taking the site for face-value, which isn't an accurate definition of it at all. Don't assume that because you've been here for 8 years you know everything about CAG. You have no idea, and nothing to show that you've made your mark here.

You're just some grumpy dude flaming people for paying too much for something when it's cheaper elsewhere, and flaming is all I've ever seen you contribute.

What's the point in being a part of a community if you're just here to be bitter?

[quote name='rockx4']What are supposed to be the extra content for The Secret World?[/QUOTE]

See here.
Buy the game before December the 31st and all the content in Issue #5, which will be released shortly, will also be included and you will receive the Initiate Pack, which includes strong starter weapons, a Blood Raven pet and extra social clothing.

[quote name='NeoGutsman']Risen 2 is on sale for $7.50 on GamersGate. Soo tempting... Apologies for forgetting, but was this not going to be a part of the EC, was it?[/QUOTE]

Nope, just some wishful hoping by myself and others.

[quote name='MysterD']See here.[/QUOTE]

Awesome thanks. Just bought it and registered the key on their site, and the initiate pack shows up. Is the Issue #5 part of the initiate pack or is it supposed to show up on my account?

[quote name='contej85']No part of what you just described is easier than Steam.

You're confusing "easy" and "more versatile".[/QUOTE]

nah its even easier to keep these records carved on the walls of the cave Im living
and hundreds of hard copies and installers I own- dont require time to find & install
and I want no auto updates too they tend to break some games for few hours
also steam versions are usually stripped from other drm used in alternative versions
-thank god rockstar doesnt do it-
because i love handling many keys and instaling authorising & deauthorising various drm
and there is no spoon)

[quote name='espy605']I don't think so, even if it was, Amazon doesn't match GamersGate.[/QUOTE]

Ah, that's right. In that case I'll probably hold off and save my money for Amazon this month. I suspect we'll see some GOTY for Risen 2 at some point anyway.

Spec Ops the line is great, I just bought it and beat it a couple of days ago. I can definitely recommend it when it is on sale tomorrow. Multiplayer appears to be completely and utterly dead though as everytime I try quick match on Coop or death match it starts me as a host to create a server.

[quote name='rockx4']Awesome thanks. Just bought it and registered the key on their site, and the initiate pack shows up. Is the Issue #5 part of the initiate pack or is it supposed to show up on my account?[/QUOTE]

Read back a couple of pages. This has been discussed over and over and over.

Veteran status on this site isn't determined by when you decided to create an account here. You earn your merit here based on your actions, not seniority.

You've been here for 8 years, and you've made 161 posts? How does that make you any better than us? We've been here for less than 2 years and we've contributed more than you have in 8.

What makes a CAG a CAG isn't how much of a cheapass you are. It's the sense of community, the giving, the trading, the trust, the sense of family. You're taking the site for face-value, which isn't an accurate definition of it at all. Don't assume that because you've been here for 8 years you know everything about CAG. You have no idea, and nothing to show that you've made your mark here.

You're just some grumpy dude flaming people for paying too much for something when it's cheaper elsewhere, and flaming is all I've ever seen you contribute.

What's the point in being a part of a community if you're just here to be bitter?

[quote name='NeoGutsman']Ah, that's right. In that case I'll probably hold off and save my money for Amazon this month. I suspect we'll see some GOTY for Risen 2 at some point anyway.[/QUOTE]

Maybe, but it got panned critically and hasn't sold very well even though it only came out like 6 months ago.

If you are itching for pirate-themed action, I highly recommend Sid Meier's Pirates.

[quote name='avwjase']Uh, I have asked the question three times over a five day period and you quote every post around mine but never mine and did not answer the question until today. It is cool and all.

Y'know, whatever. I spend too much money on Amazon to be apologizing to you guys. You waste time on people like Ideoteque (whatever) who wants free Bioshock who literally sandwiched my posts with his/her whines (of which you quoted all of his/her posts) but someone like me that has spent $500 or so on Amazon DVG over the past two years, I cannot get a "yes/no/maybe" to a simple question: "Will there be a sale on War of the Roses in January?"[/QUOTE]
Idiotekque*

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']Also, guys, these conversations are soul sucking. Starting today I'm instituting a "Tony checks and responds to CAG once per day". I'm going to do this for a week and see how it works out.[/QUOTE]
More time for TSW!

That said, I think catching up and answering questions all at once is far more work and more draining, lol. Hope it works for you though!

[quote name='sunghost']#2: Is your avatar male or female? Srsly can't tell[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Fluxy']2. I'm actually not sure, both maybe?[/QUOTE]
tumblr_m4thriS5Nz1qmjlowo1_500.gif

Cute little Pico.

Hey Idiotekque.. glad you saw the idiot who posted earlier and was the sole reason for Tony only posting once a day for the next week. I don't know what I'm going to do without Amazon to talk to :whistle2:( I know.. [deleted for fear of giving some a-hole an idea]

[quote name='Tolyngee']Yes, source of where I bought it so I know where to download it was key to why I started.

Amazon
BigFIshGames
Blizzard.com
Bundle in a Box
CD
D2D (Gamefly)
DVD
Gamersgate
GetGames
GOG.com
GreenManGaming
groupees
Humble
IndieGala
IndieRoyale
Mojang
Nzone
Origin
Steam
Uplay

Much easier to just make a spreadsheet: Game, who I bought it from.[/QUOTE]
Damn, that's a pretty sweet idea!
{takes notes}

When I back-up installer and/or install games, I just put them in a specific folder where I want them.
Usually, the folder's named after where I bought them and/or what program the game might require.

I'd install games in C:\Program Files (x86)\{Name of where I bought it from or program it requires}
Usually, if it requires a program - that takes precedent.

Example - keep in mind, this is not exactly where I'm putting them, but you get the idea:
Steam-required games -> Steam's default folder (since I'm lazy)
Games requiring Origin -> C:\Program Files (x86)\EA Origin
Games I bought from Retail w/out any required client-programs -> C:\Program Files (x86)\Retail Games
Amazon DVG games -> C:\Program Files (x86)\Amazon DVG Games
Gamersgate games -> C:\Program Files (x86)\Gamersgate
GameFly/D2D games -> C:\Program Files (x86)\GameFly
GOG Games -> Games requiring Origin -> C:\Program Files (x86)\GOG Games

So, is there some repository on who is playing TSW, where, and under what name? I have it but haven't gotten too far and I won't be on CAG much, if at all, for a while.

[quote name='radioactivez0r']So, is there some repository on who is playing TSW, where, and under what name? I have it but haven't gotten too far and I won't be on CAG much, if at all, for a while.[/QUOTE]
There is in the group.

Announcement:

If you grabbed TSW and want an invite to the CAG Steam group, please add me on Steam (idiotekque) and send me a message there. I'll get you added. Please don't PM me, as my inbox is exploding. >.>

Also, anyone can join for now, but it may not always be that way. Not to be elitist douchebags or anything, but the group is getting HUGE very quickly, and has zero rules at the moment. It's a recipe for disaster, but hopefully everyone plays nice.

[quote name='radioactivez0r']So, is there some repository on who is playing TSW, where, and under what name? I have it but haven't gotten too far and I won't be on CAG much, if at all, for a while.[/QUOTE]

Idioteque's got a CAG Steam group.
While I am on it - b/c he wants me to get this game annd all - yeah, MysterD is NOT a TSW gamer....yet.
:p

[quote name='walkonshadows']I don't understand the rush, I thought someone posted that The Secret World December Bonus was extended into Jan. (not trolling, I'm looking for the post now). I will update when I find it.

I sincerely apologize. I mis-interpreted/mis-read this post: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showpost.php?p=10347077&postcount=14779[/QUOTE]

Also, TSW is only on sale on Amazon through tomorrow.

So, even if the Dec bonus is extended into Jan, you only have 48 hours max to get it at $12.99.

[quote name='Tolyngee']Yes, source of where I bought it so I know where to download it was key to why I started.

Amazon
BigFIshGames
Blizzard.com
Bundle in a Box
CD
D2D (Gamefly)
DVD
Gamersgate
GetGames
GOG.com
GreenManGaming
groupees
Humble
IndieGala
IndieRoyale
Mojang
Nzone
Origin
Steam
Uplay

Much easier to just make a spreadsheet: Game, who I bought it from.[/QUOTE]

Definitely a spreadsheet thing. Started making my own to keep track of what games/bundles i had bought, when, whether i used the serial/activated it (i sometimes buy multiples for giving away etc). Believe me.Like you and a few others, it makes life helluva lot easier when trying to keep track of games (and whether to buy something when you know you already have got it!!argh!) :)

[quote name='smurfinaus']Definitely a spreadsheet thing. Started making my own to keep track of what games/bundles i had bought, when, whether i used the serial/activated it (i sometimes buy multiples for giving away etc). Believe me.Like you and a few others, it makes life helluva lot easier when trying to keep track of games (and whether to buy something when you know you already have got it!!argh!) :)[/QUOTE]

An example of this:

10 minutes ago I was still completely ignoring the C&C Bundle for $25 as I was thinking I already owned some/most of the stuff.

Five minutes ago I decided to check my spreadsheet. Maybe $25 was still worth it?

My spreadsheet made me realize I do not even own a single C&C game at all.

I just own too many games. I can't keep track of it all.

Now to see if C&C is something I might ever play. Since I've never bought any of it, that seems to suggest no. But 17 games for $25, hard to ignore.

[quote name='Tolyngee']An example of this:

10 minutes ago I was still completely ignoring the C&C Bundle for $25 as I was thinking I already owned some/most of the stuff.

Five minutes ago I decided to check my spreadsheet. Maybe $25 was still worth it?

Now to see if C&C is something I might ever play. Since I've never bought any of it, that seems to suggest no. But 17 games for $25, hard to ignore.[/QUOTE]

I actually have from Retail --> C&C Saga Box (C&C Anniversary X: The First Decade - Collection Box + C&C3: Tiberium Wars) + C&C3: Kane's Wrath + C&C: Red Alert 3 - Premier Edition (tin box).
Yeah, I never even touched any of them.

I never bought C&C4 - probably b/c of the "always online" DRM. Even though, it has been dirt-cheap many times.

EDIT:
Oh, I'm also missing C&C: Red Alert 3 - Uprising.

[quote name='Tolyngee']An example of this:

Now to see if C&C is something I might ever play. Since I've never bought any of it, that seems to suggest no. But 17 games for $25, hard to ignore.[/QUOTE]

whats this bundle your talking about?
c&c?

[quote name='Fluxy']whats this bundle your talking about?
c&c?[/QUOTE]

C&C Ultimate Bundle in the OP.

Command and Conquer The Ultimate Collection

17 games, $25

This is one thing that I do with my spreadsheet:

genrechart.png

It helps me determine what my play style really is vs. what I think it is to help me with purchasing games.

I also have it broken down by DRM, release date, client key, cd key, distributor, platform, 1st genre, and 2nd genre. I'm contemplating adding a 3rd genre for those really diverse games.

Anyone recommend the Amalur DLC? Still have an unopened physical copy of the base game that I might sell if the DLC is good.

[quote name='smurfinaus']Definitely a spreadsheet thing. Started making my own to keep track of what games/bundles i had bought, when, whether i used the serial/activated it (i sometimes buy multiples for giving away etc). Believe me.Like you and a few others, it makes life helluva lot easier when trying to keep track of games (and whether to buy something when you know you already have got it!!argh!) :)[/QUOTE]

I use Steam shortcuts and custom categories to do the same thing in an interactive way, then I add Grid-view images to the non-steam games, and then I can navigate games by store (or which Humble Bundle it's from) in Big Picture using my wireless 360 controller.

Also, Big thanks to recent sales for letting me Steam-ify some games I had. (Had Civ 4 base game, got the 2K Strategy Pack, Had Sonic 3d Blast from Green Man, got the Genesis pack.)

[quote name='Neuro5i5']This is one thing that I do with my spreadsheet:

genrechart.png

It helps me determine what my play style really is vs. what I think it is to help me with purchasing games.

I also have it broken down by DRM, release date, client key, cd key, distributor, platform, 1st genre, and 2nd genre. I'm contemplating adding a 3rd genre for those really diverse games.[/QUOTE]

See the Raptr thing in my sig? It will do THAT work for you....

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back