Amazon PCDD $12.49 Walking Dead ($7.49 after coupon)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amazon DVG Deals

Official Representative
Feedback
4 (100%)
Hi CAGs,

I'll be posting deals we're running on Digital Games (PC/Mac, Free to Play, Sony/Microsoft Points/Subs).

I'm also here to answer questions you might have, get you closer to the developers by hosting Q&As, setting up podcasts, live streaming gameplay etc. If I don't respond to a question you have in thread please send me a PM. These ping my email address and make it more likely that I will see your question and respond more quickly.

FYI. EA Games sold by Amazon will not activate on Steam.

Digital Holiday

1/5-1/12

The Walking Dead - $12.49 ($7.49 post coupon)

1/11-1/13:

Alice: Madness Returns: The Complete Collection - $11.99 pre coupon (6.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Dragon Age Pack PC - $12.99 pre-coupon ($7.99 after coupon) - not Steam

1/18-1/20:

Need for Speed: The Run - $8.99 ($3.99 after coupon) - not Steam
EA Sports Classic Pack - $8.99 ($3.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Syndicate - $9.99 ($4.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Crysis Maximum Maximum -$17.99 ($12.99 after coupon) - not Steam

1/13-1/19:

Tantalizing THQ Medley - $11.99 pre coupon ($6.99 after coupon) - Steam

1/11-1/12:

Darksiders Franchise Pack - $13.19 before coupon ($8.19 after coupon) - Steam
Saints Row The Third: The Full Package - $12.49 pre coupon ($7.49 after coupon) - Steam

1/29-1/31:

Burning Hot Bundle - $11.99 ($6.99 after coupon)

F.A.Q.S.:

1. Does the game I'm buying from Amazon Activate on Steam/Origin/Uplay? What DRM does the game use?

There are two places to identify DRM on a digital video game detail page:

At the top of the page, below the title:

16hm7a8.png

In the "Product Description" section:

r06ykl.jpg

2. Note on Electronic Arts Games - For the most part, EA games sold on Amazon do not activate on Steam. Most activate on Origin.

3. Note on DRM with limited activations:

Our Policy

4. Sometimes I'll do giveaways.

5. I work with developers and publishers to get fun (or at least what I think is fun) content to share with you all. Here are some examples:

a. Check out the Pax Gameplay videos here: Xcom: Enemy Unknown I played Xcom with Jake, the Creative Director for the game, a few months before the game came out Also, on this page, check out the Q&A, also a community driven event.

b. Check out the interview on this page: Borderlands 2 we did this interview at E3 with Randy Pitchford this year.

c. We've partnered with the ++GoodGames Podcast to feature many of the games we carry. They talk to the developers about the game development process, how the games are conceptualized and managed, all kinds of fun stuff. I'm working on putting together full link list and will update when I have it.

What else do we sell?

Xbox Live Points and Subscriptions:

1600 Microsoft Live Points
4000 Microsoft Live Points
12 Month XBOX Live Subscription
3 Month XBOX Live Subscription]
12 Month + 1 XBOX Live Subscription

PSN+ Subscriptions and PSN Points:

$20 PSN Points
$50 PSN Points
12 Month PSN+ Subscription
3 Month PSN+ Subscription

We also have a Free-2-Play store supported by our GameConnect technology. Gameconnect allows you to link your Amazon.com account with free-2-play and MMO accounts so that you can buy things like in game currency, premium game time/subscriptions, in game items, etc. on Amazon.com using your Amazon.com payment options and have this content delivered directly into your game.

To check out the Free-2-Play games we offer you can visit our storefront here:

Free-2-Play Store

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='bshirk']Anyone recommend the Amalur DLC? Still have an unopened physical copy of the base game that I might sell if the DLC is good.[/QUOTE]
Supposedly the Dead Kel DLC is the bee's knees and better than the base game but I'm not speaking from experience.

[quote name='awestover89']Wow, and here I thought I was the only person with a spreadsheet...

All mine has though is purchase date, vendor, and price.[/QUOTE]

That's a separate sheet for me! LOL

(It does seem slightly redundant to keep two identical sheets with different data, I'm thinking of just combining it. But at some point the plethora of data available all at one time just gets ridiculous to look at. It's also tiring to keep hiding/unhiding stuff when you're trying to quickly add/edit info. But since it makes keeping unredeemed keys easier to keep track of, they're likely to stay separate sheets)

[quote name='nosferatu51']See the Raptr thing in my sig? It will do THAT work for you....[/QUOTE]

Had it, didn't like it. I prefer to do things on my own.

[quote name='Tolyngee']That's a separate sheet for me! LOL

(It does seem slightly redundant to keep two identical sheets with different data, I'm thinking of just combining it. But at some point the plethora of data available all at one time just gets ridiculous to look at. It's also tiring to keep hiding/unhiding stuff when you're trying to quickly add/edit info. But since it makes keeping unredeemed keys easier to keep track of, they're likely to stay separate sheets)[/QUOTE]

Whomever comes up with Calibre for gaming (with significantly less of a performance hit) will own digital distribution.

Does anyone know if there's a way to use Amazon Payments on a digital game download? I can't seem to find the right button to make it use that instead of a credit card.

[quote name='celegus']Does anyone know if there's a way to use Amazon Payments on a digital game download? I can't seem to find the right button to make it use that instead of a credit card.[/QUOTE]

You have to withdraw the amount you want to an amazon gift card and it will be applied to your next Amazon purchase. I believe that is the only way to use it with digital downloads.

[quote name='tham1988']i really wish i knew 100% that hitman absolution won't be an editor's choice[/QUOTE]

For what it's worth, several days back Tony mentioned it will be highly unlikely for Hitman to make the EC list [I'm guessing because of the current sale Amazon has on the game.]. Hitman may make an appearance, but I don't think it will be cheaper than the current sale price of $20.

Found his post: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showpost.php?p=10334566&postcount=13321

[quote name='Neuro5i5']Had it, didn't like it. I prefer to do things on my own.[/QUOTE]

Which is fine, but that's not easier. It's a bit OCD if anything, but it's not easier at all.

Bought an extra Hotline Miami for my little brother who had already bought it. Guess that goes to my tradelist now!

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']It should be matched now.

Again, the promo is working on the House of York, do you have a screenshot with it not applying to your checkout?

14jyoi9.jpg

Also, guys, these conversations are soul sucking. Starting today I'm instituting a "Tony checks and responds to CAG once per day". I'm going to do this for a week and see how it works out.

Responding to stuff until 2-6AM everyday for the past ~2 weeks is starting to wear on me.

To note, again, in this specific situation, the WOTR price match was just that, a price match, there was 0 way I could have told you in your previous posts, whether or not it would occur.

This is my last post for today. See whoever is playing TSW in game.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

Good for you!!! I've been wondering how long you could play hand maiden for some of these whiners b4 exhaustion from answering them, as if they were the only person you service, set in...p.s. getting sick is sometimes a sign of exhaustion.

I like the attention you give but take a break :D 1 time a day sounds like an excellent compromise. You leeches let go of his pants leg!!!!!!!

[quote name='UW_Shocks']For what it's worth, several days back Tony mentioned it will be highly unlikely for Hitman to make the EC list [I'm guessing because of the current sale Amazon has on the game.]. Hitman may make an appearance, but I don't think it will be cheaper than the current sale price of $20.

Found his post: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showpost.php?p=10334566&postcount=13321[/QUOTE]

I'm 13 hours or so into Hitman: Absolution.
It's...definitely DIFFERENT compared to MOST of the previous Hitman games that I've played (Hitman 2: Silent Assassin; Hitman: Contracts; and Hitman: Blood Money).

EDIT:
I've never played the original Hitman: Codename 47, I should note.

wait so did we figure out that the 2012 bonuses for the secret world ended finally?
i'm just going to wait if they did.
maybe it will go free to play soon

[quote name='contej85']Which is fine, but that's not easier. It's a bit OCD if anything, but it's not easier at all.
[/QUOTE]

Why is it when people like to keep their private lives as private as they wish, it's an "OCD" thing?

First thing you're greeted with on Raptr is "Sign up with Facebook"

Now that's a first impression of a website that's going to leave a mark...

But I'm looking at Raptr... With all the stats it's keeping, you'd think it would rival HowLongtoBeat.com... But I'm not finding those kind of stats on a particular game at all.

[quote name='tham1988']wait so did we figure out that the 2012 bonuses for the secret world ended finally?
i'm just going to wait if they did.
maybe it will go free to play soon[/QUOTE]

No. It will not go Free-To-Play.
You pay once for the game, then it's free forever after that. Free-to-play would mean a bunch of annoying in-game purchases, which makes things unfair. So hopefully they don't do that.

Just buy the game if you want it, there's no subscription needed.

Contemplating getting one last game between Chivalry, War of the Roses, The Secret World, Serious Sam 3, or Darksiders 2.

Thoughts? Why is everyone getting TSW lately, just because of no monthly Sub?

Contemplating getting one last game between Chivalry, War of the Roses, The Secret World, Serious Sam 3, or Darksiders 2.

Thoughts? Why is everyone getting TSW lately, just because of no monthly Sub?

[quote name='tfr']it was much cheaper in a bundle before. you are getting ripped off. you feel better now?

http://groupees.com/bm5[/QUOTE]

anyone know of a site that keeps track of these kinds of bundles?

i know of humble, indiegala and now groupees - any other ones?

thanks...

[quote name='TheKbob']Contemplating getting one last game between Chivalry, War of the Roses, The Secret World, Serious Sam 3, or Darksiders 2.

Thoughts? Why is everyone getting TSW lately, just because of no monthly Sub?[/QUOTE]
That, and it's an awesome game.

[quote name='CheapThomas']anyone know of a site that keeps track of these kinds of bundles?

thanks...[/QUOTE]

IndieRoyale
BundleinaBox

[quote name='jakejaws']Good for you!!! I've been wondering how long you could play hand maiden for some of these whiners b4 exhaustion from answering them, as if they were the only person you service, set in...p.s. getting sick is sometimes a sign of exhaustion.

I like the attention you give but take a break :D 1 time a day sounds like an excellent compromise. You leeches let go of his pants leg!!!!!!![/QUOTE]

Well, I don't want to call any of Amazon's other customers "leeches" or "whiners" on an Amazon promotional thread where I generally think highly of the Amazon representative. The sentiment makes less sense than when the Republican pres. candidate called his base moochers unwilling to take self-sufficiency in their own life.

But I honestly am fine with Tony just doing a 1 time a day update. Especially if he tended to do it during the same time, I would find personally find it useful to just have to check in once per day and be up-to-date on what is going on.

Right now, because of the randomness, things not making it to the OP, etc., some of us have to wade through a lot of posts they are not interested in to get the information I came to this thread for -- updates on future Amazon deals. Not to say that's I'm innocent on that score but we should probably have sent a lot of the discussions to their own threads (although they were sometimes fun discussions) ;)

Also, it bears reminding and this might lower the impression that one is being ignored. If you feel Tony has not responded to your question timely, PM him. He's usually amazingly responsive there and from what I understand the PMs also end up in his email box. Finally, we've all been ignored from Tony time to time and shouldn't hold it against him. In fact I'll prove it:

My question to be ignored: Hey Tony, I heard on Reddit it was true that Amazon has no problem with foreigners purchasing Amazon deals if they put in a fake US address. Can you confirm? :D

[quote name='nategator']My question to be ignored: Hey Tony, I heard on Reddit it was true that Amazon has no problem with foreigners purchasing Amazon deals if they put in a fake US address. Can you confirm? :D[/QUOTE]
Other parts of the Amazon store are region-locked (i.e. I can't make a purchase from them when I'm outside the US) but the game downloads aren't. That's either a hint or a hole.

[quote name='Idiotekque']That, and it's an awesome game.[/QUOTE]
Oh, no - here we go w/ more TSW talk!
Stop it, already!
It ain't cheap enough for my blood...yet! :p
You can thank GMG recent $5.xx sale for ruining that!

[quote name='igotnodough']how does the editors coupon work?[/QUOTE]
It is automatically shown applied at the checkout screen if you have some on your account and you are buying a game on the list.

[quote name='CheapThomas']anyone know of a site that keeps track of these kinds of bundles?

thanks...[/QUOTE]

Sorry misread you LOL.

Last edited by a moderator:
wow, I got home from work and it took about an hour to get caught up on this thread (about 40 pages) since I looked last night

Tony, sorry about all the frustration. I think alot of people are just excited for the kick off of the new year and amazon's promotion

TSW seems like the game to get right now if you even are considering a MMO type game

I check this thread multiple times a day, have no one to which I'm obliged to respond... and it wears me out. More sympathetic I could not be.

Anyhow... snapped up Max Payne 3. So fast, in fact, that I got the wrong one.

Customer Service was fast and super-helpful in getting it sorted out. Amazon rocks.

[quote name='tham1988']i would seriously consider moving if i had to pay tax to amazon[/QUOTE]

You'd pay a large sum of money (hundreds, potentially thousands) to move to a different state to get around paying tens of dollars to Amazon due to tax. Um, okay.....

By the way, you're not paying the tax to Amazon. You're paying it to the state and Amazon is collecting it. Even if Amazon didn't collect it, you're supposed to report it in your taxes, although few people do that.

[quote name='MysterD']Oh, no - here we go w/ more TSW talk!
Stop it, already!
It ain't cheap enough for my blood...yet! :p
You can thank GMG recent $5.xx sale for ruining that![/QUOTE]
We know, MD. We know. ;)

[quote name='jmbreci']Just purchased TSW & sent Idiotekque a friend request on Steam. Does TSW activate on Steam when purchased through Amazon?[/QUOTE]
Nope, you activate it here: https://register.thesecretworld.com/

And the game updates and launches through it's own launcher, so there's not much point having it on Steam unless you're just anal about that.

[quote name='NeoGutsman']Someone stop me from buying X-Blades ($1.99). I bought the Blades of Time Collector's Edition when Tony had it on sale and I'm feeling OCD. By the way, Blades of Time is schlocky but entertaining. My only complaints include a rifle mechanic that feels hard to aim (I'm using an Xbox 360 controller and am used to KBM - maybe that's it?) and the time rewind mechanic which I'm a bit baffled by at times. I found it tricky to kill certain enemies using it but maybe that's just me as well.[/QUOTE]

I see you got your first issue sorted =)

Yeah, the rifle mechanic is the lowpoint. It's not really that bad though. For some sequences it did having me reaching for the mouse to shoot. For actual shooting I like the machine gun or skyguard rifle.

The Time Rewind mechanic is pretty important. It works like this:
  • You depress the rewind button to rewind for longer. You can rewind multiple times for multiple copies. For certain bits of combat I fought alongside 4-6 copies of myself.
  • When time resumes, the old copy of you does exactly whatever you did. Enemy mobs to not do *exactly* the same thing they did before, they are reacting to the situation the multiple you (plural) are creating -- but it's generally close enough to not notice.
  • The multiple you (plural) create two general effects. The first is burst damage. This is pretty important for some encounters (notably the magic-bubble shields). It can be just plain helpful anytime though. The second effect is that the past versions of you can act as decoys so you can get behind/past enemies (notably that creature you cannot kill and the guys with canisters on their backs).

How does the amazon promotional credit work. I see dark souls for 18$ and when I click buy it asks for my credit card info.

If i submit my info is it going to bill me 18$ or the 13$ since I am suppose to have 5$ off?

Or is there another screen to confirm the price once you get my credit card info?

[quote name='illidari']How does the amazon promotional credit work. I see dark souls for 18$ and when I click buy it asks for my credit card info.

If i submit my info is it going to bill me 18$ or the 13$ since I am suppose to have 5$ off?

Or is there another screen to confirm the price once you get my credit card info?[/QUOTE]
That.

[quote name='illidari']How does the amazon promotional credit work. I see dark souls for 18$ and when I click buy it asks for my credit card info.

Or is there another screen to confirm the price once you get my credit card info?[/QUOTE]

Should be another screen. Will show on the right side:

Order Summary
Bundle Download: $9.99
Promotion Applied: -$5.00

Total Before Tax: $4.99
Estimated Tax: $0.00

Order Total: $4.99

Your download will be ready after you place your order.

[quote name='awestover89']Wow, and here I thought I was the only person with a spreadsheet...

All mine has though is purchase date, vendor, and price.[/QUOTE]

I have a spreadsheet with that too, as well as what box number in the attic houses it if it's a physical copy. 50 boxes in the attic with PC games in them dating back to the 80's.

[quote name='Idiotekque']That.[/QUOTE]

Online Game Code: $17.99

Total Before Tax: $17.99
Total: $17.99
Gift Card: -$17.99

Order Total: $0.00

It didn't give me any discount

Its also not showing that I own roller coaster tycoon 2 anymore. That was the game I purchased.

[quote name='TheKbob']Thoughts? Why is everyone getting TSW lately, just because of no monthly Sub?[/QUOTE]
I bought it when it was a sub and thought it was a fun game but not a fun game worth paying $14.95 a month for. Got to keep my cash for more sales.

Now that it's BTP, it's just a "fun game" again and well worth buying at the offered price.

[quote name='tham1988']i would seriously consider moving if i had to pay tax to amazon[/QUOTE]

It's actually one of the reasons I am. Not the only, one on a long list.

[quote name='illidari']Online Game Code: $17.99

Total Before Tax: $17.99
Total: $17.99
Gift Card: -$17.99

Order Total: $0.00

It didn't give me any discount

Its also not showing that I own roller coaster tycoon 2 anymore. That was the game I purchased.[/QUOTE]

Are you buying a game on the Editor's Choice list? Did you receive a $5 promotional credit for buying a digital game from Amazon between mid-November and the end of 2012?

[quote name='Genocidal']Are you buying a game on the Editor's Choice list? Did you receive a $5 promotional credit for buying a digital game from Amazon between mid-November and the end of 2012?[/QUOTE]

I could of swore it said I get 5$ for buying roller coaster tycoon and dark souls was on that list. Even if I'm wrong I now have another problem, it doesn't recognize I bought roller coaster.

I got an email saying:
Did 'Rollercoaster Tycoon 2: Triple Thrill Pack [Download]' meet your expectations? Review it on Amazon.com

Email to the account i logged in, also has my name on the email. I click to rate it, and it also isn't appearing.

[quote name='Genocidal']You should probably contact Customer Service then.[/QUOTE]

You wouldn't happen to know where on amazon i would go to do that would you.

edit: found a live chat, nvm :)

[quote name='Idiotekque']We know, MD. We know. ;)

And the game updates and launches through it's own launcher, so there's not much point having it on Steam unless you're just anal about that.[/QUOTE]

I'm guessing you could add TSW (Non-Steam) as a Non-Steam game, right?
This way - everybody on your Steam Friends list, they could see if you're online playing TSW!

I practically LIVE on Steam...and Xfire; and Raptr.

When I first started the install (download) for TSW, it (optionally) installed xfire.

I assume that's a chat client, right? If we add the game (as a non-steam game) to steam, that should negate the need for the app as all my friends I would chat with are on Steam.

That sound correct? :)

[quote name='MysterD']I'm guessing you could add TSW (Non-Steam) as a Non-Steam game, right?
This way - everybody on your Steam Friends list, they could see if you're online playing TSW!

I practically LIVE on Steam...and Xfire; and Raptr.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Idiotekque']We know, MD. We know. ;)

And the game updates and launches through it's own launcher, so there's not much point having it on Steam unless you're just anal about that.[/QUOTE]

Well I'm anal about it, I mean EA published the game, I should be able to get it on to origin. So, I've got an "escalated ticket" open with origin now.

[quote name='jkimrey']When I first started the install (download) for TSW, it (optionally) installed xfire.

I assume that's a chat client, right? If we add the game (as a non-steam game) to steam, that should negate the need for the app as all my friends I would chat with are on Steam.

That sound correct? :)[/QUOTE]
Yeah, I just have it added as a non-Steam game and the Steam UI works fine. No need for xfire.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back