Amazon PCDD $12.49 Walking Dead ($7.49 after coupon)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amazon DVG Deals

Official Representative
Feedback
4 (100%)
Hi CAGs,

I'll be posting deals we're running on Digital Games (PC/Mac, Free to Play, Sony/Microsoft Points/Subs).

I'm also here to answer questions you might have, get you closer to the developers by hosting Q&As, setting up podcasts, live streaming gameplay etc. If I don't respond to a question you have in thread please send me a PM. These ping my email address and make it more likely that I will see your question and respond more quickly.

FYI. EA Games sold by Amazon will not activate on Steam.

Digital Holiday

1/5-1/12

The Walking Dead - $12.49 ($7.49 post coupon)

1/11-1/13:

Alice: Madness Returns: The Complete Collection - $11.99 pre coupon (6.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Dragon Age Pack PC - $12.99 pre-coupon ($7.99 after coupon) - not Steam

1/18-1/20:

Need for Speed: The Run - $8.99 ($3.99 after coupon) - not Steam
EA Sports Classic Pack - $8.99 ($3.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Syndicate - $9.99 ($4.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Crysis Maximum Maximum -$17.99 ($12.99 after coupon) - not Steam

1/13-1/19:

Tantalizing THQ Medley - $11.99 pre coupon ($6.99 after coupon) - Steam

1/11-1/12:

Darksiders Franchise Pack - $13.19 before coupon ($8.19 after coupon) - Steam
Saints Row The Third: The Full Package - $12.49 pre coupon ($7.49 after coupon) - Steam

1/29-1/31:

Burning Hot Bundle - $11.99 ($6.99 after coupon)

F.A.Q.S.:

1. Does the game I'm buying from Amazon Activate on Steam/Origin/Uplay? What DRM does the game use?

There are two places to identify DRM on a digital video game detail page:

At the top of the page, below the title:

16hm7a8.png

In the "Product Description" section:

r06ykl.jpg

2. Note on Electronic Arts Games - For the most part, EA games sold on Amazon do not activate on Steam. Most activate on Origin.

3. Note on DRM with limited activations:

Our Policy

4. Sometimes I'll do giveaways.

5. I work with developers and publishers to get fun (or at least what I think is fun) content to share with you all. Here are some examples:

a. Check out the Pax Gameplay videos here: Xcom: Enemy Unknown I played Xcom with Jake, the Creative Director for the game, a few months before the game came out Also, on this page, check out the Q&A, also a community driven event.

b. Check out the interview on this page: Borderlands 2 we did this interview at E3 with Randy Pitchford this year.

c. We've partnered with the ++GoodGames Podcast to feature many of the games we carry. They talk to the developers about the game development process, how the games are conceptualized and managed, all kinds of fun stuff. I'm working on putting together full link list and will update when I have it.

What else do we sell?

Xbox Live Points and Subscriptions:

1600 Microsoft Live Points
4000 Microsoft Live Points
12 Month XBOX Live Subscription
3 Month XBOX Live Subscription]
12 Month + 1 XBOX Live Subscription

PSN+ Subscriptions and PSN Points:

$20 PSN Points
$50 PSN Points
12 Month PSN+ Subscription
3 Month PSN+ Subscription

We also have a Free-2-Play store supported by our GameConnect technology. Gameconnect allows you to link your Amazon.com account with free-2-play and MMO accounts so that you can buy things like in game currency, premium game time/subscriptions, in game items, etc. on Amazon.com using your Amazon.com payment options and have this content delivered directly into your game.

To check out the Free-2-Play games we offer you can visit our storefront here:

Free-2-Play Store

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='contej85']Which is fine, but that's not easier. It's a bit OCD if anything, but it's not easier at all.
[/QUOTE]

I'm sorry?

Didn't think I was saying anything was easier or OCD or whatnot. I was just sharing my SS, someone mentioned Raptr, I replied with my very brief feelings on it and that's it. Maybe you thought I was replying to something you posted? IDK

[quote name='Genocidal']Someone else was claiming it was easier, which is a bit silly.[/QUOTE]

Gotcha. Just thought we were sharing tracking techniques, guess I jumped in the middle. But yeah, that's just silly. Easy is kind of subjective anyway. I find it easier to drive a manual transmission because it's more natural for me, others might disagree.

[quote name='Neuro5i5']Gotcha. Just thought we were sharing tracking techniques, guess I jumped in the middle. But yeah, that's just silly. Easy is kind of subjective anyway. I find it easier to drive a manual transmission because it's more natural for me, others might disagree.[/QUOTE]

Cause it shift when and the way you want it to shift. Automatics won't downshift ahead of that turn coming up.

[quote name='asheskitty']Cause it shift when and the way you want it to shift. Automatics won't downshift ahead of that turn coming up.[/QUOTE]

Among other things. Engine braking, easy to rebuild/modify, better mileage, straight-cut gears are badass...etc. :)

Finally got TSW downloaded. Two questions: a) Is there a way to change my characters appearance after creation? I forgot to change his hair color from bright red. b) What is the CAG group? Is it a guild? Do I need to be invited? If so, I might want an invite :D (Taurto on Cerberus)

[quote name='bshirk']Anyone recommend the Amalur DLC? Still have an unopened physical copy of the base game that I might sell if the DLC is good.[/QUOTE]

Yes, they're both pretty good and a decent value for the money.

[quote name='MysterD']I actually have from Retail --> C&C Saga Box (C&C Anniversary X: The First Decade - Collection Box + C&C3: Tiberium Wars) + C&C3: Kane's Wrath + C&C: Red Alert 3 - Premier Edition (tin box).
Yeah, I never even touched any of them.

I never bought C&C4 - probably b/c of the "always online" DRM. Even though, it has been dirt-cheap many times.

EDIT:
Oh, I'm also missing C&C: Red Alert 3 - Uprising.[/QUOTE]

Well, you want to avoid Tiberian Twilight because the mechanics are completely different from a standard RTS and not in a way that's good, IMO. When I lost my HDD to a crash, I lost my saves for it and I haven't reinstalled it yet. Basically you have one of three different types of mobile bases (each of which can produce a certain kind of unit only, like air) for your faction and your base can spam units which you then throw at your opponent's army. And you do this ad nauseum until you fail or complete your objective. It's a really weird mechanic that takes most of the tactical thinking out of the game and encourages a lot of near-mindless clicking. I didn't finish the campaign but I may someday.

Uprising is good, if only for the mini-campaign that it has. The Commander's Challenge is tough, and I didn't get too far in that. On the whole it's more RA3 and that's always a good thing.

[quote name='Tolyngee']C&C Ultimate Bundle in the OP.

Command and Conquer The Ultimate Collection

17 games, $25[/QUOTE]

Yeah, the big thing about this is that EA supposedly optimized the older games to run well on newer systems (XP/Vista/7/8). I actually have disc copies of most of the games I'd be interested in, but the last time EA slapped a collection of these games together, there was zero optimization and I can't get the older games like Tiberian Sun and the original RA games to run worth a crap on my computer now. However, $25 is way too steep a price to pay to play games I already own, so I'm going to have to wait for a much better sale.

[quote name='hankmecrankme']Thinking about picking up Kingdoms of Bankruptcy complete. . .$10 after coupon is tempting.[/QUOTE]
If you don't mind it requiring Origin, I'd say go for it. Personally, I'm hesitant because I don't want to install another client (especially just for one game.)

[quote name='Idiotekque']That.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='awestover89']Should be another screen. Will show on the right side:[/QUOTE]

True, Unless you have any 1-Click settings turned on, or have Pin-Less Debit card transactions turned on. Turn both of those off (1-Click has it's own section under account settings, but you'll have to go to "update credit card" to op out of PIN-Less Debits for that card. If any of those settings are turned on, you WILL NOT get a 2nd confirmation screen (the one that shows any credits that will be applied) and it instantly charges. Just an FYI.

[quote name='Neuro5i5']Gotcha. Just thought we were sharing tracking techniques, guess I jumped in the middle. But yeah, that's just silly. Easy is kind of subjective anyway. I find it easier to drive a manual transmission because it's more natural for me, others might disagree.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I didn't realize you weren't the original poster. Got a little bit mixed up there.

Even if something is more natural for you though, there is a certain quantifiable ease to things. You might be used to something, but an automatic is still going to be easier to drive.

[quote name='walkonshadows']True, Unless you have any 1-Click settings turned on, or have Pin-Less Debit card transactions turned on. Turn both of those off (1-Click has it's own section under account settings, but you'll have to go to "update credit card" to op out of PIN-Less Debits for that card. If any of those settings are turned on, you WILL NOT get a 2nd confirmation screen (the one that shows any credits that will be applied) and it instantly charges. Just an FYI.[/QUOTE]

Good to know. When I first entered my cc info it did say that the card I entered would be used for 1-click, but since I get the confirmation screen when I click the buy button, and I have to click another confirm button for it to go through, I guess it isn't technically set to 1-click

I'm sure this has been discussed at some point, but I couldn't find it anywhere. If Steam puts Hotline Miami on sale for $5 again, will we be able to get it from Amazon for free with the $5 coupon?

[quote name='nny']I'm sure this has been discussed at some point, but I couldn't find it anywhere. If Steam puts Hotline Miami on sale for $5 again, will we be able to get it from Amazon for free with the $5 coupon?[/QUOTE]

I believe Tony mentioned under those PM situations it would be evaluated on a case by case basis.

[quote name='nny']I'm sure this has been discussed at some point, but I couldn't find it anywhere. If Steam puts Hotline Miami on sale for $5 again, will we be able to get it from Amazon for free with the $5 coupon?[/QUOTE]
Tony said he doesn't have a good answer for that yet. Not sure what that means, but that's what he said.

EDIT: Or that. I heard something else, I guess.

[quote name='warreni']Yeah, the big thing about this is that EA supposedly optimized the older games to run well on newer systems (XP/Vista/7/8). I actually have disc copies of most of the games I'd be interested in, but the last time EA slapped a collection of these games together, there was zero optimization and I can't get the older games like Tiberian Sun and the original RA games to run worth a crap on my computer now. However, $25 is way too steep a price to pay to play games I already own, so I'm going to have to wait for a much better sale.[/QUOTE]

I took a look at a few Youtube vids, and I came back with the same impression I probably always have: I doubt I'd ever bother playing the games. It just doesn't look like my cup of tea.

The only thing that makes me take pause it I watch the vids... and don't quite fully understand what all the heck's going on, how you are controlling what I am seeing, etc etc. Since I am not fully appreciating how the gameplay mechanics work, I feel it's something to not completely ignore with trying.

$25 is a pretty steep price for a trial, though.

so i just decided to get hitman during the summer sale or next winter sale since i already have such a pretty big backlog spread across the vita, ps3, 360 and pc(with pc having the biggest of them all, evem the other 3 combined xD) and im just gonna use that EC coupon on max payne since i already play GW2 i decided to pass on TSW & holy shit the Max payne file is HUGE!! 26GB!? cmon brah that is a monster file.

Hmm nice didnt even realize I had any $5 coupon codes but apparently I have at least two of them. Bought the Desert to Sea Bundle and will probably get Hotline Miami I guess.

Probably shouldnt have bought the desert to sea bundle since all I wanted was Spec Ops and I think I read that game alone is going to be $7.50 soon. Oh well.

[quote name='illidari']I could of swore it said I get 5$ for buying roller coaster tycoon and dark souls was on that list. Even if I'm wrong I now have another problem, it doesn't recognize I bought roller coaster.

I got an email saying:
Did 'Rollercoaster Tycoon 2: Triple Thrill Pack [Download]' meet your expectations? Review it on Amazon.com

Email to the account i logged in, also has my name on the email. I click to rate it, and it also isn't appearing.[/QUOTE]

You probably have more than one Amazon account under the same email. No, they can't be merged. It's a feature, not a bug.

So does the Secret World have a monthly fee? Think I read someone say it doesn't, but when you look under the details it says it does have one so asking for clarification before purchasing. Thanks!

[quote name='Mippo']So does the Secret World have a monthly fee? Think I read someone say it doesn't, but when you look under the details it says it does have one so asking for clarification before purchasing. Thanks![/QUOTE]

No it doesn't. I'm wondering if recent buys are still getting the bonuses.

[quote name='Mippo']So does the Secret World have a monthly fee? Think I read someone say it doesn't, but when you look under the details it says it does have one so asking for clarification before purchasing. Thanks![/QUOTE]
It's free, with optional subscriptions, purchasable content packs, and microtransaction goods.

Just to make sure, tomorrow we're expecting to grab The Darkness II and Spec Ops for 5 bucks both after applying the EC coupons, right?

[quote name='Guerrilla']It's free, with optional subscriptions, purchasable content packs, and microtransaction goods.[/QUOTE]

So basically it's a F2P paid game. :whistle2:&

[quote name='soulkyo']Just to make sure, tomorrow we're expecting to grab The Darkness II and Spec Ops for 5 bucks both after applying the EC coupons, right?[/QUOTE]
Tony said they'd be $2.50 each in a couple days after the coupon.

[quote name='electricsleep']I'm thinking about using my last promo code on TSW. I've never played an MMO before. Is it a good one for a first timer to jump into?[/QUOTE]
Uh, maybe not. It's rather complicated and has a steep learning curve compared to most MMOs.

That said, we've got a strong group going, so you wouldn't be alone, and I'd say it's worth learning.

[quote name='Guerrilla']It's free, with optional subscriptions, purchasable content packs, and microtransaction goods.[/QUOTE]
That's a little misleading, actually. The microtransaction and content packs are almost ALL cosmetic, while the subscriptions running are pretty useless towards actual gameplay as well.

The game is NOT P2W (pay to win).

[quote name='Detruire']If you don't mind it requiring Origin, I'd say go for it. Personally, I'm hesitant because I don't want to install another client (especially just for one game.)[/QUOTE]
I had a few games on Origin for a while, namely Bulletstorm, Crysis 2, and Dragon Age 1 and 2. That is, before they made half of their games free. Now I've got like 48 games on there, so it's no biggie.

Please give away free games again, EA.

I hope GMG has The Secret World for $5 again in the near future... or maybe even Amazon *hint hint

this secret world thing is driving me crazy
today is the last day for 17.99 right?

i already have way to many games
it WILL go free to play eventually
but it is one of the reasons i got a gaming laptop (along with guild wars 2 which i already have and have played for about 30 minutes)

[quote name='electricsleep']I'm thinking about using my last promo code on TSW. I've never played an MMO before. Is it a good one for a first timer to jump into?[/QUOTE]

I'm in your boat..although i already bought it and started playing. it takes some getting used to but could well be worth the effort.

the hardest part for me so far was mapping the keys...so many...and i totally re-mapped into a terrible configuration. may go back to the default.

Because I have some extra Amazon credit, and I missed out the last time it was on sale... next time Guild Wars 2 drops to about $29.99 or less, I'll be purchasing it.

Tony, can you make that happen? :p

[quote name='kazunori']Is that Editor's Choice list final or are they gonna be adding more games to it over time?[/QUOTE]

Tony said they will be adding more games throughout the month.

[quote name='Detruire']If you don't mind it requiring Origin, I'd say go for it. Personally, I'm hesitant because I don't want to install another client (especially just for one game.)[/QUOTE]

Just tear the bandaid off and get it over with. I wanted to have only Amazon DRM free + Steam but I would miss out on too much.

ooooh, now there's so much pressure for any Tony questions to be good ones...

Sorry to hear Tony getting so frustrated with the people here, but definitely understandable. I do have to admit I got a kick out of the snarky guy quoting the answer as he dished out the snark...lol...classic

[quote name='Idiotekque']Tony said they'd be $2.50 each in a couple days after the coupon.

Uh, maybe not. It's rather complicated and has a steep learning curve compared to most MMOs.

That said, we've got a strong group going, so you wouldn't be alone, and I'd say it's worth learning.

That's a little misleading, actually. The microtransaction and content packs are almost ALL cosmetic, while the subscriptions running are pretty useless towards actual gameplay as well.

The game is NOT P2W (pay to win).[/QUOTE]

[quote name='scrappler']I'm in your boat..although i already bought it and started playing. it takes some getting used to but could well be worth the effort.

the hardest part for me so far was mapping the keys...so many...and i totally re-mapped into a terrible configuration. may go back to the default.[/QUOTE]

cool, I'm leaning towards getting it instead of the C&C Collection. I don't mind putting some time in to learn the game before it gets going. The setting sounds really cool and not the usual Fantasy or SciFi stuff. Is today the last day for the sale or is it good tomorrow too?

[quote name='bshirk']I hope GMG has The Secret World for $5 again in the near future... or maybe even Amazon *hint hint[/QUOTE]

Was that the actual sale or just a price error? Basically, how good is the $13 price should I buy it now and use one of my coupons or wait a bit for a better price.

[quote name='Mippo']Was that the actual sale or just a price error? Basically, how good is the $13 price should I buy it now and use one of my coupons or wait a bit for a better price.[/QUOTE]

it was when the game had a monthly fee
it would probably go free to play before it went that low again

I'm thinking it could get to $10 though

[quote name='Mippo']Was that the actual sale or just a price error? Basically, how good is the $13 price should I buy it now and use one of my coupons or wait a bit for a better price.[/QUOTE]

It wasn't an error from what I've heard. I would recommend waiting, but some people in these forums have indicated that you get some extra content if you buy now.

I would be interested in the C&C Collection if I hadn't already bought Red Alert and the expansion.

@TONY

Read this please, when you get the chance.
This is about Divinity 2: Dragon Knight Saga - DRM FREE Versions (the versions without Steam).
Steam-versions automatically will get/got updated to Divinity II: Director's Cut Edition.

Did you guys ever get your DRM-FREE version of Divinity 2: DKS updated to the newer and re-branded Divinity II: Director's Cut Edition?
If the answer is "NO" - can you contact the publisher (Focus Home Interactive) and get DKS updated to that newest DC build?

This is from Raze of Larian Studios (the makers of Divinity game series):
http://www.gog.com/forum/general/gog_pay_what_you_want_divinity_anthology/post879

Anyone with D2:ED or DKS on Steam has had D2: DC added to their game list. The same is true for anyone who bought FoV or DKS from the Larian Vault.

Those with retail and digital download versions of Divinity 2 which included a SecuROM key can email that key to Larian (support at larian.com) to get a voucher for D2: DC from the Larian Vault.

Since not all retail releases had a registration key, you you can also provide a personalized picture of the back of your box (with the barcode clearly visible) and some form of personal reference on the picture. Contact support if you have any questions.

For DRM free digital distributions (like Amazon.com), Larian does not have any way to verify purchases. I think in that case you may need to contact the digital distributor to see if and when they may be updating their listing and download for Divinity 2.

Also from Raze of Larian:
http://www.gog.com/forum/general/gog_pay_what_you_want_divinity_anthology/post881
It is just the DRM free version that Larian has no way to verify. For that they would need Amazon's cooperation, which would require the involvement of the publisher (since they handled that release), at which point I would think it would be easier for Amazon to just update the game directly.

It used a subscription model then, so it was a little different. Now that it is buy the box, play forever they have to make their money from the purchase itself and I doubt they will let it go lower. Yes, there are microtransactions, but I don't feel compelled to buy a shirt.

To those saying it will go Free2Play: I doubt it. There is actually an interview somewhere with the producer saying they picked the Guild Wars model for very specific reasons and it works well for them. He specifically addresses their concerns with the F2P model and why they didn't like it. Maybe eventually, but I think it will be a long while before you see it drop much more than it is now, that's why I decided to give it a shot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back