Amazon PCDD $12.49 Walking Dead ($7.49 after coupon)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amazon DVG Deals

Official Representative
Feedback
4 (100%)
Hi CAGs,

I'll be posting deals we're running on Digital Games (PC/Mac, Free to Play, Sony/Microsoft Points/Subs).

I'm also here to answer questions you might have, get you closer to the developers by hosting Q&As, setting up podcasts, live streaming gameplay etc. If I don't respond to a question you have in thread please send me a PM. These ping my email address and make it more likely that I will see your question and respond more quickly.

FYI. EA Games sold by Amazon will not activate on Steam.

Digital Holiday

1/5-1/12

The Walking Dead - $12.49 ($7.49 post coupon)

1/11-1/13:

Alice: Madness Returns: The Complete Collection - $11.99 pre coupon (6.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Dragon Age Pack PC - $12.99 pre-coupon ($7.99 after coupon) - not Steam

1/18-1/20:

Need for Speed: The Run - $8.99 ($3.99 after coupon) - not Steam
EA Sports Classic Pack - $8.99 ($3.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Syndicate - $9.99 ($4.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Crysis Maximum Maximum -$17.99 ($12.99 after coupon) - not Steam

1/13-1/19:

Tantalizing THQ Medley - $11.99 pre coupon ($6.99 after coupon) - Steam

1/11-1/12:

Darksiders Franchise Pack - $13.19 before coupon ($8.19 after coupon) - Steam
Saints Row The Third: The Full Package - $12.49 pre coupon ($7.49 after coupon) - Steam

1/29-1/31:

Burning Hot Bundle - $11.99 ($6.99 after coupon)

F.A.Q.S.:

1. Does the game I'm buying from Amazon Activate on Steam/Origin/Uplay? What DRM does the game use?

There are two places to identify DRM on a digital video game detail page:

At the top of the page, below the title:

16hm7a8.png

In the "Product Description" section:

r06ykl.jpg

2. Note on Electronic Arts Games - For the most part, EA games sold on Amazon do not activate on Steam. Most activate on Origin.

3. Note on DRM with limited activations:

Our Policy

4. Sometimes I'll do giveaways.

5. I work with developers and publishers to get fun (or at least what I think is fun) content to share with you all. Here are some examples:

a. Check out the Pax Gameplay videos here: Xcom: Enemy Unknown I played Xcom with Jake, the Creative Director for the game, a few months before the game came out Also, on this page, check out the Q&A, also a community driven event.

b. Check out the interview on this page: Borderlands 2 we did this interview at E3 with Randy Pitchford this year.

c. We've partnered with the ++GoodGames Podcast to feature many of the games we carry. They talk to the developers about the game development process, how the games are conceptualized and managed, all kinds of fun stuff. I'm working on putting together full link list and will update when I have it.

What else do we sell?

Xbox Live Points and Subscriptions:

1600 Microsoft Live Points
4000 Microsoft Live Points
12 Month XBOX Live Subscription
3 Month XBOX Live Subscription]
12 Month + 1 XBOX Live Subscription

PSN+ Subscriptions and PSN Points:

$20 PSN Points
$50 PSN Points
12 Month PSN+ Subscription
3 Month PSN+ Subscription

We also have a Free-2-Play store supported by our GameConnect technology. Gameconnect allows you to link your Amazon.com account with free-2-play and MMO accounts so that you can buy things like in game currency, premium game time/subscriptions, in game items, etc. on Amazon.com using your Amazon.com payment options and have this content delivered directly into your game.

To check out the Free-2-Play games we offer you can visit our storefront here:

Free-2-Play Store

Last edited by a moderator:
Any CAGs who've just gotten into TSW can either add me on Steam: PetriesLastWord or on Cerebus server as "Petries", account the same as Steam (unsure about how adding friends works yet!

Go into spec Ops the line as cold as you can, the less you know the greater the effect it will have. It is mostly linear and often the hidden intel items are at bottle necks so you should come across most in the course of the playthrough, I think I only missed about 20% of them. There is chapter select with difficulty setting and an index of intel items on the main menu (so you can see which ones you missed easily and listen to them out of game, all at once) so it's very easy to go back and pick up the ones you missed, no need to follow a guide while playing.

So my cousin ended up gifting me TSW as a late Xmas present (good thing I hadn't bit already) and... IDK... maybe it's because I've never played MMOs before (except for like a hour of Guild Wars 2) ... the controls are really awkward/clunky for me. Maybe I just have to get used to it, but at the same time I find myself wishing I could play with my controller, lol (as I tend to play most TPS-style games with a controller)

I really want to like it! The story seems interesting. I just hope I can get past the controls thing.

[quote name='puffy']great price for xcom

remembering civ 5 pricing
it retained initial 50$ list price for the first year
and civ 5 goty list price is still 50)

so id say we wont see a deeper discount soon-i expect 12,5 around summertime[/QUOTE]

To be honest, I'm surprised it hit such a low price. I was expecting about 33% off, given past history with Civ.

[quote name='puffy']great price for xcom

remembering civ 5 pricing
it retained initial 50$ list price for the first year
and civ 5 goty list price is still 50)

so id say we wont see a deeper discount soon-i expect 12,5 around summertime[/QUOTE]

Sounds about right considering GMG had XCOM at $17.50 with their voucher recently.

Thinking about using my last remaining $5 credit towards Mass Effect3 Digital Deluxe.
...or should I hang back and be patient?

have more Interest in:
1. Walking Dead & GW2

My gut tells me that Walking dead will hit a great price point sometime in January.

Picked up x-com for the 17.50 gmg sale, it is really good. Sure you could wait, but I just thought I would mention it is worth at least twice the price. Think full spectrum warrior, but on next gen hardware with a more entertaining story/environment.

[quote name='fore1337']Thinking about using my last remaining $5 credit towards Mass Effect3 Digital Deluxe.

have more Interest in:
1. Walking Dead & GW2

My gut tells me that Walking dead will hit a great price point sometime in January.[/QUOTE]

Hmmm, I would wait maybe. I think MM3 DD will be at 15 or lower at some point in the next year from somewhere (Steam, Origin, Amazon, etc.) so if you have more interest in the other two I think TWD is most likely to have a sale in January.

[quote name='zillionandnine']So my cousin ended up gifting me TSW as a late Xmas present (good thing I hadn't bit already) and... IDK... maybe it's because I've never played MMOs before (except for like a hour of Guild Wars 2) ... the controls are really awkward/clunky for me. Maybe I just have to get used to it, but at the same time I find myself wishing I could play with my controller, lol (as I tend to play most TPS-style games with a controller)

I really want to like it! The story seems interesting. I just hope I can get past the controls thing.[/QUOTE]

It's partially an MMO thing though the controls in it are a little wonkier even than a typical MMO. Something about the pacing of movement and the animation feels a bit off. However, I think issues like that often melt away if you are enjoying the game otherwise. I felt the EXACT same way about The Walking Dead, but towards the end of the 1st episode I sorta stopped noticing/caring.

BTW: I think this site has single-handedly put TSW at #6 on the digital games chart.

[quote name='fore1337']Thinking about using my last remaining $5 credit towards Mass Effect3 Digital Deluxe.

have more Interest in:
1. Walking Dead & GW2

My gut tells me that Walking dead will hit a great price point sometime in January.[/QUOTE]
TWD has been $10 numerous times and I think that is about as low as it will go and is more than worth it.
GW2 was just $30 on Amazon about a week ago. Doubt we'll see it go much below that in the near future what with it winning a bunch of PC game of the year awards, etc and them being mostly reliant on sales of the boxed product for income. Though I would not be surprised to see it hit that price point again soon.

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']Hmmm, I would wait maybe. I think MM3 DD will be at 15 or lower at some point in the next year from somewhere (Steam, Origin, Amazon, etc.) so if you have more interest in the other two I think TWD is most likely to have a sale in January.[/QUOTE]
Thanks, sounds like a good idea. :)

[quote name='zillionandnine']So my cousin ended up gifting me TSW as a late Xmas present (good thing I hadn't bit already) and... IDK... maybe it's because I've never played MMOs before (except for like a hour of Guild Wars 2) ... the controls are really awkward/clunky for me. Maybe I just have to get used to it, but at the same time I find myself wishing I could play with my controller, lol (as I tend to play most TPS-style games with a controller)

I really want to like it! The story seems interesting. I just hope I can get past the controls thing.[/QUOTE]

Haven't tried it myself yet, but you can do most everything in the game with a controller using Xpadder - apparently it works pretty well. I actually have a chatpad hooked up to mine with a community-made keyboard driver allowing it's use - so theoretically you could do everything with one of those.
http://youtu.be/KuAw7zNua-4

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']Hmmm, I would wait maybe. I think MM3 DD will be at 15 or lower at some point in the next year from somewhere (Steam, Origin, Amazon, etc.) so if you have more interest in the other two I think TWD is most likely to have a sale in January.[/QUOTE]

Maybe it was vanilla, but I could have sworn ME3DD was ~$12 on Gamefly already, maybe as far back as BF though.

I remember I almost bought it as it had the extra DLC, so I'm thinking it had to have been ME3DD.

(I passed on a lot of Gamefly sales, so I musta been hoping for a $15 ME3DD on Amazon, $10 after coupon)

[quote name='walkonshadows']So, very soon after it hit 15.7 gigs downloaded, it said that "ERROR: Not all resources downloaded correctly, please restart the launcher" which I did. It said a previous install was detected and it was recommended to uninstall that before continueing. I chose NOT TO DELETE, and it is now re-downloading all of the files again....all of them.....all....of....them. Goodnight.

Folder it was installed to says 41.1 gigs. Tried the "Repair Broken Data" button in the launchers options and it did absolutely nothing. 2 minutes of scanning files, just to pop right back to re-downloading everything.[/QUOTE]

Well, I woke up to see that it errored out a 2nd time. Re-downloading again. To people wanting to see if they got the bonus content easily, issue 5 is either in game or in the item store (must have created a character to log into that), but if you just want to see if you got all the bonuses, check this page and you should see the Initiate Pack:
https://register.thesecretworld.com/account/subscription/ctrl/tsw/yourIDhere

If you see the initiate pack, then your set.

[quote name='bwrobins']Your right!!! That is why Steam has had multiple good AAA games with a $60 retail price on sale for $15 or less and we have only seen keys run out ONCE on the Witcher, two years ago... As I said, if Amazon puts it back in stock after the sale we will know the truth.[/QUOTE]

Oh, right, give me a machine to travel to your parallel dimension, in mine Steam's sales stopped having $60 retail price on sale for $ 15 around a year and a half.

And you bring this up now?!

Dude, be thankful they didn't keep selling it and then telling you that you will get the keys...eventually.....some day....in Amazon coins......

Meh, no wonder Tony grew tired of this.

[quote name='GogetaSS4']Anybody played Payday The Heist? Is it any good?[/QUOTE]

Yes it is essentially Left 4 Dead minus the zombies and the missions can normally be completed quicker as well.

[quote name='GogetaSS4']Anybody played Payday The Heist? Is it any good?[/QUOTE]

The short version: Yes.
The long version:
Disclaimer: I am no pro at reviews so hope this is okay. It is a very competent co-op shooter, with specific goals and you do a lot of defending against wave upon wave of enemies. You have leveling up and unlock system similar to I would imagine COD or any other system like that. Your XP is money from the heist, the computer player AI is okay but I would recommend playing with friends. Enemy AI will keep you on your toes if you are not careful. There is also the inevitable L4D (Valve's Left 4 Dead 1 + 2) comparison which is not a bad thing, to me I thoroughly enjoyed L4D. There are 145 levels and a large variety of weapons, and each gets upgraded upon completing specific goals and you can change which area you are trying to unlock which is nifty. Also Killing floor is compared to it but Payday is better in its own ways, but all are very fun. IF you like co op shooters I would say go for it, the community is still there and I think people here play you should be able to find regular groups to pull of heists with. Also the DLC only one of you needs it for you to play the new heists with your friends you just won't get the new guns or masks. The levels are fairly well designed, though Heat Streets may make you want to yell lol. Hope that helps it is well worth a fiver or more, I think I grabbed it when it was $10 and I don't regret it I put in 25+ hours and I still play.
Hope this was helpful. Take care.

[quote name='DonRamon']Oh, right, give me a machine to travel to your parallel dimension, in mine Steam's sales stopped having $60 retail price on sale for $ 15 around a year and a half.

And you bring this up now?!

Dude, be thankful they didn't keep selling it and then telling you that you will get the keys...eventually.....some day....in Amazon coins......

Meh, no wonder Tony grew tired of this.[/QUOTE]

babble, babble, parallel dimension, babble, babble, !?, babble, babble, tired of this...

[quote name='bwrobins']babble, babble, parallel dimension, babble, babble, !?, babble, babble, tired of this...[/QUOTE]

Certainly a high point for you.
:roll:

[quote name='DonRamon']Certainly a high point for you.
:roll:[/QUOTE]

I am not the one babbling about parallel dimensions. Nor was I complaining, just theorizing. But of course Tony's Harem had to jump to his defense, when my statement had nothing to do with Tony. Good Day!!

Yep, quite fun. It's basically the same basic idea as left 4 dead (a team of four working together to overcome an obstacle), but completely different. Whereas in l4d you are rushing toward the end of the map, in payday some levels you have to break into a structure and get to the goods while holding off waves of cops as you wait to make your escape, others the heist is already over and level is about running the gauntlet to escape the cops and get to an evac location. One particularly inspired level, if you have your shit together can be done almost completely in stealth.

Also unlike L4D, where you get the weapons from the start, there are 3 free upgrade trees (and a 4th which is DLC) which you can select to advance, sharpshooter (precision weapons and trip mines), assault (high mag automatic weapons + ammo bag), and support (shotguns + medic bag). The fourth via DLC is the technician (Ak47, grenade launcher, sentry gun) Once you unlock a weapon and extra item you can mix and match whatever loadout you want at the start of the level.

Okay, mini hiatus or not, it serves absolutely no value to run deals stuck in the middle of this massive topic and NOT update the opening post for the day of the sale. How long are darkness 2 and spec ops on sale? If not for reading this topic, how would I be aware the sale is evs happening? Are there others that just started or are slated to that we haven't had an update here for?

Some sales got updated but two today haven't. That's really not a good thing.

Okay, so I think I'm going to get the 2K Super Strategy Pack just for the two Civilization V pieces. If anyone else is interested in either Civilization IV Complete Edition or the Stronghold Collection, let me know.

That, or I'll look for someone selling Civilization V in the PC games thread, since I don't have anything to trade myself.

Do we have a known end date for Hotline Miami? I'm very on the fence about it and figured my backlog is long enough, I don't need it today. Does it go back to $10 when the Steam sale ends on the 5th?

One big tip is to use the WASD controls to move while you hold down the right mouse button. You'll be able to maneuver around while also having mouse look. I felt the exact same way when I first played Everquest back in the day but after I started holding down the right mouse button when moving it's perfectly natural to me. I hope you enjoy the game! I am really digging it because it feels like a good single player RPG with multiplayer as a nice extra.

[quote name='NeoGutsman']One big tip is to use the WASD controls to move while you hold down the right mouse button. You'll be able to maneuver around while also having mouse look. I felt the exact same way when I first played Everquest back in the day but after I started holding down the right mouse button when moving it's perfectly natural to me. I hope you enjoy the game! I am really digging it because it feels like a good single player RPG with multiplayer as a nice extra.[/QUOTE]

Yeah remap the A&D turn keys to strafe instead of turn and it will make you happier. I hate that MMOs default to A-D as turn and Q-E as strafe.... should be the opposite at best, though I always just use the mouse to turn. Rarely do I use the keys unless leaning back with auto-run on and then I just use the arrows.

[quote name='Lone_Prodigy']Didn't Amazon run out of keys for the Square Enix bundle?[/QUOTE]

They did. It happens from time to time on Amazon (other retailers too). At least we had Tony though giving us updates. I can't say the same about any other vendor. Once you go Tony, it's hard to go back lol

have more Interest in:
1. Walking Dead & GW2

I would gladly pay full price for The Walking Dead. It's short (10-14 hours depending on whether or not you explore some side conversations and search around for small item descriptions like I did), but the story is impactful, well-written, and wonderfully acted. It's not going to stump you puzzle-wise, rather, it makes you consider choices and dialog which have implications, consequences, and of course benefits later in the game. That in itself is the focus of the game which I loved.

I do like longer games (I'm 89 hours into Borderlands 2, mostly with my Soldier) and grindfests (don't get me started on Torchlight 1 & 2 - so fun), but there's something to be said about a game with focus and not too much padding. That's why I can't wait to play through Spec Ops: The Line (loved the demo and I avoid military shooters).

[quote name='NeoGutsman']I would gladly pay full price for The Walking Dead. It's short (10-14 hours depending on whether or not you explore some side conversations and search around for small item descriptions like I did), but the story is impactful, well-written, and wonderfully acted. It's not going to stump you puzzle-wise, rather, it makes you consider choices and dialog which have implications, consequences, and of course benefits later in the game. That in itself is the focus of the game which I loved.
[/QUOTE]

I can't speak for value at this time, but I was on the fence about The Walking Dead. Then I watched TotalBiscuit's "WTF is... The Walking Dead", and by 15min in I was sold.

I'm glad for Youtube and people making these vids. They help sell these games.

[quote name='DarkZero104']Okay, mini hiatus or not, it serves absolutely no value to run deals stuck in the middle of this massive topic and NOT update the opening post for the day of the sale.[/QUOTE]

If I were Tony, I'd start a fresh thread and simply "bump" when new information has been edited in. This way, his updates don't become kernels in the pile of waste that is these adolescents bickering with one another everyday and we grown-ups won't find ourselves so often asking questions that Tony has already answered 75-something pages ago or re-asking a question that Tony missed because his eyes glazed over.

The root of the issue is that Amazon has a crappy storefront for PC gaming.

[quote name='cranky2']If I were Tony, I'd start a fresh thread and simply "bump" when new information has been edited in. This way, his updates don't become kernels in the pile of waste that is these adolescents bickering with one another everyday and we grown-ups won't find ourselves so often asking questions that Tony has already answered 75-something pages ago or re-asking a question that Tony missed because his eyes glazed over.

The root of the issue is that Amazon has a crappy storefront for PC gaming.[/QUOTE]

The majority of the posts in the thread are people just being helpful, informative, etc. Sure the thread derails at times (like all threads) but it's not as dire as some people like to pretend it is.

For those who "miss" Tony's updates, just find a post by him (like the OP) and look up on his profile his latest posts and you'll see all HIS posts and the information HE provided. It's not really as difficult some make it out to be.

[quote name='nosferatu51']Yeah remap the A&D turn keys to strafe instead of turn and it will make you happier. I hate that MMOs default to A-D as turn and Q-E as strafe.... should be the opposite at best, though I always just use the mouse to turn. Rarely do I use the keys unless leaning back with auto-run on and then I just use the arrows.[/QUOTE]

I can't believe I have never remapped my A & D buttons in these games to strafe. :D I'm going to do that tonight.

Another thing I like is being able to swap between 1st and 3rd person view by scrolling the mouse wheel. Clicking the mouse wheel also acts as sprint I think.

I'm going to have to download a FAQ to read all the controls and shortcuts. I'm still unsure how to toggle between my weapons (claw and blood book thing).

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']The majority of the posts in the thread are people just being helpful, informative, etc. Sure the thread derails at times (like all threads) but it's not as dire as some people like to pretend it is.

For those who "miss" Tony's updates, just find a post by him (like the OP) and look up on his profile his latest posts and you'll see all HIS posts and the information HE provided. It's not really as difficult some make it out to be.[/QUOTE]

For me personally, I miss his presence in the threads, not his actual posts (for reasons you noted above - easily searchable). I know it's only a day though lol. Just happens to be a day where I have a question for a change.

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']The majority of the posts in the thread are people just being helpful, informative, etc. Sure the thread derails at times (like all threads) but it's not as dire as some people like to pretend it is.

For those who "miss" Tony's updates, just find a post by him (like the OP) and look up on his profile his latest posts and you'll see all HIS posts and the information HE provided. It's not really as difficult some make it out to be.[/QUOTE]

Actually, I tried that. With people deleting their posts, the links no longer work.

Some work, some don't...

Quick example is 12-28 post "BF3 Premium will be $25...after the coupon" should be at the bottom of page 2 of his list of posts. Click, and you end up nowhere.

I believe this is caused by others deleting their posts, and the link breaking thanks to that.

Went ahead and finished Spec Ops, that was probably the best stretch of the game. It did elevate some of the things that had happened, though I'm still a bit luke warm on parts of the story which I don't want to get into for spoiler reasons. Need to think about it a bit. The epilogue was pretty impactful.

In any case, it's an interesting game well worth $2.50. Alright, I won't go any further into that tangent =)

[quote name='walkonshadows']Well, I woke up to see that it errored out a 2nd time. Re-downloading again. To people wanting to see if they got the bonus content easily, issue 5 is either in game or in the item store (must have created a character to log into that), but if you just want to see if you got all the bonuses, check this page and you should see the Initiate Pack:
https://register.thesecretworld.com/account/subscription/ctrl/tsw/yourIDhere

If you see the initiate pack, then your set.

[/QUOTE]

Dowloading for the 3rd time, I let it uninstall the previous installation this time, or at least I tried to. It still says it's on my system every time. I re-downloaded the official launcher from the web site. This is stupid. It's easier to pirate the damn thing than deal with this crap, and I actually paid for it.

Honestly, nobody should have to do that. If that was desired then why make a topic for it with sales in the first post? How is that user friendly to anyone? Right now there are two sales that started today and no signs of it in the first two posts. People can't pop in, go "oh here's the link," and buy. I think the sale is only for today too (if it were there I would actually know instead of just assuming!) so it is extremely easy to forget that the sale is for today and miss on the deal.

This isn't a case of 'tell us first!' or even 'give some warning!." This is a sale happening right now and has been for almost half a day. That's a real problem there and hopefully not a sign of where the topic is going.

[quote name='teenwolf']I'm sure this has probably been asked and answered several times before, but I haven't seen anything about it and I was hoping for a clarification of some kind. The Amazon 2012 Editor's Choice Games page specifically says:

When I check my email inbox though, I only see emails for Promotional Credit for purchases made on November 19th and later. My earlier November purchases don't seem to have gotten any Promotional Credits, at least emails concerning the credit being applied that is. Were ALL November purchases given Promotional Credits, as the Amazon 2012 Editor's Choice Games page specifically says? I certainly hope my November purchases of the "Kingdoms of Amalur Complete Bundle", "The Harry Batman Bundle", and the "Prototype Pack" have their rightful credits applied to my account, even despite there being no emails! :eek:[/QUOTE]

To find your $5 promotional credits, search for 1000728511 in your email.
[quote name='bwrobins']babble, babble, parallel dimension, babble, babble, !?, babble, babble, tired of this...[/QUOTE]
You're so eloquent. ;)

[quote name='glennfrank']Haven't tried it myself yet, but you can do most everything in the game with a controller using Xpadder - apparently it works pretty well. I actually have a chatpad hooked up to mine with a community-made keyboard driver allowing it's use - so theoretically you could do everything with one of those.
http://youtu.be/KuAw7zNua-4[/QUOTE]

Being my first MMO style game I'm having problems as well. Just seems awkward trying to move with WASD and then hit the number keys for attacks. Using the mouse to click them is a bit easier, but then the problem is picking who to target.

Anyone have any advice to make my life easier?

[quote name='contej85']Being my first MMO style game I'm having problems as well. Just seems awkward trying to move with WASD and then hit the number keys for attacks. Using the mouse to click them is a bit easier, but then the problem is picking who to target.

Anyone have any advice to make my life easier?[/QUOTE]

You'll learn to use WASD and number keys easily together. Clicking on the abilities is a lot slower and in the long run is a very bad habit to be a "clicker" as we call them in MMO's. As for targeting, 90% of the time you are worried about what is closes to you and the default in most MMO's is TAB to target closes enemy.

How are you guys downloading tis through amazon, all I get from amazon is an html with a link to thesecretworld.com telling me to register and download the client there. Which isn't working.

Tony,

any chance for a PM on sacred gold - it's $2.00 on steam - also do you know what kind of drm the amazon version uses?

better yet, any plans for a strategy one or meridian4 bundle? thanks!

btw - with all the hotline miami talk, if you're looking for a few more guilt-free (i.e. not people) shooters, may want to look at alien shooter (1/2) and zombie shooter http://www.amazon.com/Sigma-Team-Al...&qid=1357151897&sr=8-1&keywords=alien+shooter. You can get a demo over at steam and they sometimes end up in a cheap bundle as well.

[quote name='KaOTiK']You'll learn to use WASD and number keys easily together. Clicking on the abilities is a lot slower and in the long run is a very bad habit to be a "clicker" as we call them in MMO's. As for targeting, 90% of the time you are worried about what is closes to you and the default in most MMO's is TAB to target closes enemy.[/QUOTE]

Well alright then. Will fight the urge to click and just get used to number keys then. Thank you.

@walkonshadows Just a random thought... how much space do you have free on the drive you're trying to dl/install TSW to? TSW installed consumes 37 GB, and you probably need a bit more room for it to uncompress downloaded files. So if you have less than 37+15 GB free, that could be the problem. (I had 60 GB free on that drive, and the TSW installer/patcher ran completion/error. A quick relaunch and it declared all good). I was using the setup.exe from the TSW account page.

[quote name='KaOTiK']You'll learn to use WASD and number keys easily together. Clicking on the abilities is a lot slower and in the long run is a very bad habit to be a "clicker" as we call them in MMO's. As for targeting, 90% of the time you are worried about what is closes to you and the default in most MMO's is TAB to target closes enemy.[/QUOTE]

Don't forget the mocking and ridicule we subject "keyboard turners"* to.

*Turning with the keyboard is always slower than turning with the mouse.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back