Amazon PCDD $12.49 Walking Dead ($7.49 after coupon)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amazon DVG Deals

Official Representative
Feedback
4 (100%)
Hi CAGs,

I'll be posting deals we're running on Digital Games (PC/Mac, Free to Play, Sony/Microsoft Points/Subs).

I'm also here to answer questions you might have, get you closer to the developers by hosting Q&As, setting up podcasts, live streaming gameplay etc. If I don't respond to a question you have in thread please send me a PM. These ping my email address and make it more likely that I will see your question and respond more quickly.

FYI. EA Games sold by Amazon will not activate on Steam.

Digital Holiday

1/5-1/12

The Walking Dead - $12.49 ($7.49 post coupon)

1/11-1/13:

Alice: Madness Returns: The Complete Collection - $11.99 pre coupon (6.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Dragon Age Pack PC - $12.99 pre-coupon ($7.99 after coupon) - not Steam

1/18-1/20:

Need for Speed: The Run - $8.99 ($3.99 after coupon) - not Steam
EA Sports Classic Pack - $8.99 ($3.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Syndicate - $9.99 ($4.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Crysis Maximum Maximum -$17.99 ($12.99 after coupon) - not Steam

1/13-1/19:

Tantalizing THQ Medley - $11.99 pre coupon ($6.99 after coupon) - Steam

1/11-1/12:

Darksiders Franchise Pack - $13.19 before coupon ($8.19 after coupon) - Steam
Saints Row The Third: The Full Package - $12.49 pre coupon ($7.49 after coupon) - Steam

1/29-1/31:

Burning Hot Bundle - $11.99 ($6.99 after coupon)

F.A.Q.S.:

1. Does the game I'm buying from Amazon Activate on Steam/Origin/Uplay? What DRM does the game use?

There are two places to identify DRM on a digital video game detail page:

At the top of the page, below the title:

16hm7a8.png

In the "Product Description" section:

r06ykl.jpg

2. Note on Electronic Arts Games - For the most part, EA games sold on Amazon do not activate on Steam. Most activate on Origin.

3. Note on DRM with limited activations:

Our Policy

4. Sometimes I'll do giveaways.

5. I work with developers and publishers to get fun (or at least what I think is fun) content to share with you all. Here are some examples:

a. Check out the Pax Gameplay videos here: Xcom: Enemy Unknown I played Xcom with Jake, the Creative Director for the game, a few months before the game came out Also, on this page, check out the Q&A, also a community driven event.

b. Check out the interview on this page: Borderlands 2 we did this interview at E3 with Randy Pitchford this year.

c. We've partnered with the ++GoodGames Podcast to feature many of the games we carry. They talk to the developers about the game development process, how the games are conceptualized and managed, all kinds of fun stuff. I'm working on putting together full link list and will update when I have it.

What else do we sell?

Xbox Live Points and Subscriptions:

1600 Microsoft Live Points
4000 Microsoft Live Points
12 Month XBOX Live Subscription
3 Month XBOX Live Subscription]
12 Month + 1 XBOX Live Subscription

PSN+ Subscriptions and PSN Points:

$20 PSN Points
$50 PSN Points
12 Month PSN+ Subscription
3 Month PSN+ Subscription

We also have a Free-2-Play store supported by our GameConnect technology. Gameconnect allows you to link your Amazon.com account with free-2-play and MMO accounts so that you can buy things like in game currency, premium game time/subscriptions, in game items, etc. on Amazon.com using your Amazon.com payment options and have this content delivered directly into your game.

To check out the Free-2-Play games we offer you can visit our storefront here:

Free-2-Play Store

Last edited by a moderator:
I've tried to compile a list of frequently asked questions. Please feel free to repost/revise, suggest new questions or correct my answers. Also feel free to flame away.

Thanks for the suggestions, keep em comin. (I stuck the flash sales PM answer in Q8, but let me know if you think it needs a separate q&A.)

F.A.Q.
Q1) What is this Editor's choice promotion?
A1) Any purchase of a game from the Digital Games section on Amazon.com between Nov. 16 and Dec. 31, 2012 (or the purchase of the Protoype pack in November) earned you a $5 credit to be used on the purchase of a game from the 2012 Editor's Choice Games.

Q2) Where is the code for the promotion?
A2) There is no code - the credit is linked to the account that purchased the qualifying game and automatically applied at checkout.

Q3) I didn't get the credit. What should I do?
A3) You can PM the order number that you think should qualify to Tony, or contact Amazon Customer Service directly.

Q4) Is there anything I can buy to get the credit now?
A4) No, the promotion is over.

Q5) Where can I find the eligible games?
A5) Here

Q6) I don't like the list/have all the games/ don't like the prices.
A6) There is no way to predict what will be on the list, but there will be changes between now and when the promotion ends on January 31, 2013.

Q7) How do I know how many credits I have?
A7) There is no easy way to tell. You can search your inbox for emails (Search for '1000728511' in your inbox for $5 credit emails) or contact Amazon customer service. Ignore the amount under game credits you can find on the Amazon site - it includes credits for a lot of other promotions.

Q8) What happens if Steam/Gamefly/Impulse(Gamestop) has a lower price?
A8) These price matches are handled on a case by case basis. There is a link on every Amazon product page "Tell us about a lower price" that you can use to submit a request. There is no guarantee this will cause a price match, but it can't hurt. Amazon (generally) does not match flash/community choice deals. Amazon generally does not match deals that require a limited use coupon or code.

Q9) Will Amazon price match Gamersgate/Getgamesgo/Greenmangaming?
A9) Amazon does not pricematch international sellers.

Q10) Will Amazon pricematch Origin for EA games?
A10) Amazon generally does not match publisher sales.

Q11) What time do prices change?
A11) Generally, between midnight and 1 am Seattle (Pacific) time for scheduled deals. Price matches can change at any time.

Q12) I don't like the way Amazon does things.
A12) email [email protected] . He probably won't read it, but one of his assistants will and who knows, maybe it will be the catalyst for change.

Q13) Does "Game X" activate on Steam?
A13) Unfortunately, it's not always possible to be sure. Keep these tips in mind: 1) Most steam games have a note in the game requirements sections. Newer games can have a note: "DRM: Steam" near the top of the product page, under the title of the game, 2) Do a ctrl+f search for "Steam" on a product page, 3) Most (99.9%) of EA titles do not activate on Steam. Newer products activate on Origin.

[quote name='Xiemos']I know it was only $2.50 for Hotline Miami, but man, didn't Tony say there wouldn't be any free games? (after coupon of course).

Should have waited.[/QUOTE]

No, he didn't. That was for the publisher coupons only.

[quote name='Xiemos']I know it was only $2.50 for Hotline Miami, but man, didn't Tony say there wouldn't be any free games? (after coupon of course).

He said it would be a case by case evaluation.

[quote name='sunghost']lol, I hope a few of you held off at $2.49 for Hotline Miami. I told you it was likely to be free ;)

Who knows how long this price will last though.[/QUOTE]

you proved me wrong

but i dont feel grumpy spending 2.49 on it anyway haha...or maybe i do :roll:

lol

He actually said they would be determined on a case by case basis, and it sounded as if they would only be based on price matches. No intrinsically free games purely from the Amazon promotion.

Also, I'm curious if Tony has any knowledge of this. Maybe somebody just used the "tell us about a lower price" and was actually listened to.

He made it seem like there wasn't much chance of that, but he didn't say it was impossible. I'm still a little confused since the drop seemed to coincide with the current Flash sale but whatever. It happens.

You really can't beat free, I'm tempted to buy some extra copies, but just on the off chance there are any better deals, I'm gonna hold onto my remaining coupons.

Was wondering if I'd even use any of my EC credits... Darkness II for $2.49 and Hotline Miami for free... Two down and four more coupons to go...

Think we'll get any more cheepy games, still got a lotta January left?

[quote name='CrimsonTribe']I've tried to compile a list of frequently asked questions. Please feel free to repost/revise, suggest new questions or correct my answers. Also feel free to flame away.

Thanks for the suggestions, keep em comin. (I stuck the flash sales PM answer in Q8, but let me know if you think it needs a separate q&A.)

F.A.Q.
Q1) What is this Editor's choice promotion?
A1) Any purchase of a game from the Digital Games section on Amazon.com between Nov. 16 and Dec. 31, 2012 (or the purchase of the Protoype pack in November) earned you a $5 credit to be used on the purchase of a game from the 2012 Editor's Choice Games.

Q2) Where is the code for the promotion?
A2) There is no code - the credit is linked to the account that purchased the qualifying game and automatically applied at checkout.

Q3) I didn't get the credit. What should I do?
A3) You can PM the order number that you think should qualify to Tony, or contact Amazon Customer Service directly.

Q4) Is there anything I can buy to get the credit now?
A4) No, the promotion is over.

A5) Here

Q6) I don't like the list/have all the games/ don't like the prices.
A6) There is no way to predict what will be on the list, but there will be changes between now and when the promotion ends on January 31, 2013.

Q7) How do I know how many credits I have?
A7) There is no easy way to tell. You can search your inbox for emails (Search for '1000728511' in your inbox for $5 credit emails) or contact Amazon customer service. Ignore the amount under game credits you can find on the Amazon site - it includes credits for a lot of other promotions.

Q8) What happens if Steam/Gamefly/Impulse(Gamestop) has a lower price?
A8) These price matches are handled on a case by case basis. There is a link on every Amazon product page "Tell us about a lower price" that you can use to submit a request. There is no guarantee this will cause a price match, but it can't hurt. Amazon (generally) does not match flash/community choice deals. Amazon generally does not match deals that require a limited use coupon or code.

Q9) Will Amazon price match Gamersgate/Getgamesgo/Greenmangaming?
A9) Amazon does not pricematch international sellers.

Q10) Will Amazon pricematch Origin for EA games?
A10) Amazon generally does not match publisher sales.

Q11) What time do prices change?
A11) Generally, between midnight and 1 am Seattle (Pacific) time for scheduled deals. Price matches can change at any time.

Q12) I don't like the way Amazon does things.
A12) email [email protected] . He probably won't read it, but one of his assistants will and who knows, maybe it will be the catalyst for change.

Q13) Does "Game X" activate on Steam?
A13) Unfortunately, it's not always possible to be sure. Keep these tips in mind: 1) Most steam games have a note in the game requirements sections. Newer games can have a note: "DRM: Steam" near the top of the product page, under the title of the game, 2) Do a ctrl+f search for "Steam" on a product page, 3) Most (99.9%) of EA titles do not activate on Steam. Newer products activate on Origin.
[/QUOTE]

Idea: What if someone put this in their signature? Someone who visits a lot. Easier than constant posting :p

[quote name='xanchui']/me waits for all the raging from people buying at $2.49[/QUOTE]
Rabble rabble $2.49 rabble rabble...

If I die from the lack of a McDouble and small fries, the blood is on Tony's hands!
[quote name='Idiotekque']Cue those people saying "Yeah, but it was totally worth it." while they cry inside.[/QUOTE]
I had GamersGate remove my Ghost Recon entry while others got "free" keys today. I'm already dead inside.

[quote name='walkonshadows']@ Tony There are alot of people who would like to pick up Kingdoms of Amalur on Steam, in the past Steam codes could be provided for certain games (Bioshock Pack for example). What are the chances of Amazon being able to provide a Steam code version for Kingdoms of Amalur. THAT would sell like wildfire.[/QUOTE]

This is true, but the owner of the rights to Kingdoms of Amalur on Steam is now the State of Rhode Island and Providence Plantations, since they held the majority interest in 38 Studios when it went under. Rhode Island isn't a video game production company, so things are in limbo until the bankruptcy is sorted out. Tony's said in this thread that he sends emails frequently, but also that it's not easy to find out *who* to contact about this. If both Tony and Valve aren't able to pull it off, I think we can bet that Origin is the only place we're going to see Amalur at a reasonable price.

[quote name='hal']I check this thread multiple times a day, have no one to which I'm obliged to respond... and it wears me out. [/QUOTE]

You're obligated to respond to me, hal.

[quote name='CrimsonTribe']
A5) Here[/QUOTE]
[quote name='Syntax Error']That link is to a Spec Ops purchase page which startled the hell out of me and made me think I just bought a copy :lol:[/QUOTE]

Got me too!

[quote name='tham1988']i just don't understand why it would be so hard to explain how games are added
i mean is it a lottery drawing done by a computer?
how does no one know what games will be on the list?[/QUOTE]

Tony's been very upfront about this in this thread. It's an ongoing process of contacting publishers and seeing what kind of deals they're interested in making. Nothing can be 100% confirmed or denied, so he isn't confirming or denying anything. That's just the reality of the business -- any business.

[quote name='Larce80']cut the racism guys[/QUOTE]

Concur.

[quote name='xRidley']Game looks pretty terrible and the impressions I've heard are very mixed but why not. I just hope it isn't a waste of a coupon.[/QUOTE]

I enjoyed the 2 hours I've played so far.

[quote name='Zaraki_Kenpachi']Great, I bought hotline miami when it was $7.50. So glad they didn't tell us there would be additional discounts. :/[/QUOTE]

It's Amazon matcing Steams price (not to mention, we've known Hotline would be on the EC list for....for a long time, so at MSRP it would've been 5 after coupon. Not Amazon's fault.)

[quote name='BernardoOne']Snatched 8 copies, will end for now because Tony may pull up crazy deals later.[/QUOTE]

Haha how many coupons do you have?

[quote name='plutoknight']It's Amazon matcing Steams price (not to mention, we've known Hotline would be on the EC list for....for a long time, so at MSRP it would've been 5 after coupon. Not Amazon's fault.)[/QUOTE]

It sort of is since everyone in here kept saying how amazon refuses to match flash deals. Seems to be no rhyme or reason and just makes it absolutely frustrating to buy stuff.

[quote name='BernardoOne']Snatched 8 copies, will end for now because Tony may pull up crazy deals later and I have to have some coupons left :lol[/QUOTE]

Lol, DEVALUING THE GAME FTW!

[quote name='Zaraki_Kenpachi']It sort of is since everyone in here kept saying how amazon refuses to match flash deals. Seems to be no rhyme or reason and just makes it absolutely frustrating to buy stuff.[/QUOTE]

More or less frustrating than every other digital game seller that doesn't give any inclination at all what games will go on sale?

got hotline but nothing else for today. just started playing binary domain, very linear. waiting for tomorrows update.

Nonono, we are NOT ruining this. Last year we had a similar thing happen to Dead Space 2 midway through the sale. January sale is off limits from any of this complaining. It was awesome last year BECAUSE this sort of stuff came around, BECAUSE we looked at games that just randomly dropped in with a "whoa how did that get there?" moment. Please, please keep any whining of prices away from *this* sale. Everyone here has at some point or another mentioned that this month is full of craziness. The good kind. The kind where you are gambling with your coupons, betting that Tony can work magic. If you're wrong, okay. Happens. If you're right, congrats.

And if you're really wrong, you're probably going "goddammit why didn't I buy that DLC!"

[quote name='awestover89']More or less frustrating than every other digital game seller that doesn't give any inclination at all what games will go on sale?[/QUOTE]

Definitely more since you know it's on sale and think it's safe to buy and then get undercut.

With a free Hotline Miami, I am up to 71 games and 56 DLC so far this sale, 3 days left on Steam sale and 4 EC coupons left for Amazon.

I may have gone a tad overboard.

[quote name='Zaraki_Kenpachi']It sort of is since everyone in here kept saying how amazon refuses to match flash deals. Seems to be no rhyme or reason and just makes it absolutely frustrating to buy stuff.[/QUOTE]

True, but there was always the chance of Hotline Miami going on sale for $4.99 at other digital distribution sites throughout the month. I know Gamefly had it for $4.99 last month, and there's always Gamestop or Steam putting it up as a Daily Deal. So it's your own fault for buying it too soon.

[quote name='Mooby']Now in true CAG Fashion there will be five dozen Hotline Miami keys for sale for $7 a minute after this flash deal dies.[/QUOTE]

I'll sell mine for $5! =)

Hey Tony,
Just wanted to say thank you for this great price match and deal. I actually did purchase Hotline Miami at $2.50 when January 1 came around, because I felt it was worth that asking price (and a great deal at the time!). I haven't even played the game yet, but I hope no one is upset just because we may have lost $2.50 or something in a short time-frame. I suspect that you probably wondered if you were setting yourself up for further complaints, but I just wanted to give a hearty "thank you" from an "early adopter" haha.

Besides, I bought an extra copy to give to a friend :)

[quote name='BMXJouster']True, but there was always the chance of Hotline Miami going on sale for $4.99 at other digital distribution sites throughout the month. I know Gamefly had it for $4.99 last month, and there's always Gamestop or Steam putting it up as a Daily Deal. So it's your own fault for buying it too soon.[/QUOTE]

If you say so. They price matched a steam flash deal which everyone in here said multiple times during the december sale will never ever be matched by amazon and that they don't price match flash deals. And then they matched a flash deal on steam... Doesn't matter to me, they just solidified me not buying dark souls or the other games I was on the fence with. Not my loss.

[quote name='Zaraki_Kenpachi']Definitely more since you know it's on sale and think it's safe to buy and then get undercut.[/QUOTE]

So...exactly like Steam then? Where a game can be a flash sale for 66% and then a daily deal for 75%? And another game can be 50% flash sale and then you wait for a daily deal and it never comes? Where the franchise pack can go on sale and then you realize that the individual games are actually cheaper?

Fact is, buying things is always a gamble. There may be a better sale, there may not. Personally, since we knew that Hotline Miami would be no more than $7.49 on Steam until Jan 5th, it made the most logical sense to not buy before then, unless the price went down like it did. Regular price is $10, its always been on the EC 2012 list, so the worst case scenario should have been $5 with coupon. Then it went on sale on Steam for $7.49 without a flash or daily, so that became the new lowest possible price without coupon, guaranteed to not be exceeded until Jan 5 at the earliest.

Everyone who said it was repeating what we were told by Tony. It's frustrating yeah, but I would rather let it go and let other people enjoy it (I bought it at $5 myself so I am in a similar boat as you), rather than getting upset and endangering possible future deals like this. You bought it, like me, because it was worth it to you at the time. It's an indie game, it was always going to go down in price.

I see DarkSouls is down to $18 now.

How long will this price last until?

I want to use one of my $5 promos on that but told myself I would only get it at $10 or less.

**And thank you so much for the free Hotline Miami Tony! I knew I should wait haha

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back