Amazon PCDD $12.49 Walking Dead ($7.49 after coupon)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amazon DVG Deals

Official Representative
Feedback
4 (100%)
Hi CAGs,

I'll be posting deals we're running on Digital Games (PC/Mac, Free to Play, Sony/Microsoft Points/Subs).

I'm also here to answer questions you might have, get you closer to the developers by hosting Q&As, setting up podcasts, live streaming gameplay etc. If I don't respond to a question you have in thread please send me a PM. These ping my email address and make it more likely that I will see your question and respond more quickly.

FYI. EA Games sold by Amazon will not activate on Steam.

Digital Holiday

1/5-1/12

The Walking Dead - $12.49 ($7.49 post coupon)

1/11-1/13:

Alice: Madness Returns: The Complete Collection - $11.99 pre coupon (6.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Dragon Age Pack PC - $12.99 pre-coupon ($7.99 after coupon) - not Steam

1/18-1/20:

Need for Speed: The Run - $8.99 ($3.99 after coupon) - not Steam
EA Sports Classic Pack - $8.99 ($3.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Syndicate - $9.99 ($4.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Crysis Maximum Maximum -$17.99 ($12.99 after coupon) - not Steam

1/13-1/19:

Tantalizing THQ Medley - $11.99 pre coupon ($6.99 after coupon) - Steam

1/11-1/12:

Darksiders Franchise Pack - $13.19 before coupon ($8.19 after coupon) - Steam
Saints Row The Third: The Full Package - $12.49 pre coupon ($7.49 after coupon) - Steam

1/29-1/31:

Burning Hot Bundle - $11.99 ($6.99 after coupon)

F.A.Q.S.:

1. Does the game I'm buying from Amazon Activate on Steam/Origin/Uplay? What DRM does the game use?

There are two places to identify DRM on a digital video game detail page:

At the top of the page, below the title:

16hm7a8.png

In the "Product Description" section:

r06ykl.jpg

2. Note on Electronic Arts Games - For the most part, EA games sold on Amazon do not activate on Steam. Most activate on Origin.

3. Note on DRM with limited activations:

Our Policy

4. Sometimes I'll do giveaways.

5. I work with developers and publishers to get fun (or at least what I think is fun) content to share with you all. Here are some examples:

a. Check out the Pax Gameplay videos here: Xcom: Enemy Unknown I played Xcom with Jake, the Creative Director for the game, a few months before the game came out Also, on this page, check out the Q&A, also a community driven event.

b. Check out the interview on this page: Borderlands 2 we did this interview at E3 with Randy Pitchford this year.

c. We've partnered with the ++GoodGames Podcast to feature many of the games we carry. They talk to the developers about the game development process, how the games are conceptualized and managed, all kinds of fun stuff. I'm working on putting together full link list and will update when I have it.

What else do we sell?

Xbox Live Points and Subscriptions:

1600 Microsoft Live Points
4000 Microsoft Live Points
12 Month XBOX Live Subscription
3 Month XBOX Live Subscription]
12 Month + 1 XBOX Live Subscription

PSN+ Subscriptions and PSN Points:

$20 PSN Points
$50 PSN Points
12 Month PSN+ Subscription
3 Month PSN+ Subscription

We also have a Free-2-Play store supported by our GameConnect technology. Gameconnect allows you to link your Amazon.com account with free-2-play and MMO accounts so that you can buy things like in game currency, premium game time/subscriptions, in game items, etc. on Amazon.com using your Amazon.com payment options and have this content delivered directly into your game.

To check out the Free-2-Play games we offer you can visit our storefront here:

Free-2-Play Store

Last edited by a moderator:
I am not trying to threadcrap or upset anyone. I do not often post on here as most people repeat the same information (which is useful for people like me that might not know shortcuts on how to find the information that they are looking for).

I can understand some of hotdog dude's angst to a point. Personally, I honestly thought his question had been answered but can understand that perhaps he may not have seen it or just wanted to have Tony personally acknowledge him. Ok, I can understand.

Nevertheless hotdog dude, please be kind to others on the thread as they generally are trying to be helpful in answering questions and sharing advice. I understand that you were trying to throw some business to amazon and may have felt let down and that other CAGs that post more (and sometimes can come across as nagging) may have garnered more direct attention / quotes from Tony. Personally, Tony has not responded to any PMs that I have sent. However, I will acknowledge that it has been a very busy time for him and that I do not need a response. I know that some people may feel more cool if Tony directly quotes or answers them, but I really feel that he and other CAGs on this thread have tried to be helpful even to a noob like me. One other thing hotdog dude, I understand that you have an advance degree and your time is limited. My time and life is busy too and I work in a stressful healthcare environment with an advance degree (does not make me better than anyone else though), gaming is my release when I get a little free time. A bit of friendly advice with no malice towards you or anyone else - please be kind. I know that some people on CAG may come across as harsh or uncaring or selfish, but please just look around. For example, look at the generosity of other CAGs in giving every year to charity. CAG members are cheap as far as games, but nice people to play with and help others when they can. I respect your decision whether it is to buy games from amazon, steam or somewhere else. Please have peace and happiness dude as life is too short to be upset.

[quote name='Zaraki_Kenpachi']If you say so. They price matched a steam flash deal which everyone in here said multiple times during the december sale will never ever be matched by amazon and that they don't price match flash deals. And then they matched a flash deal on steam... Doesn't matter to me, they just solidified me not buying dark souls or the other games I was on the fence with. Not my loss.[/QUOTE]
I believe Tony himself said they wouldn't match flash deals

$2.50's a good price. Outside of this particular one, that's the lowest the game's been.
But patience and magic were the game last year and are this year. If you're TOO patient, you'll miss it. There was just as much chance that anyone who waited but wanted the game would've lost out on the sale. This year is... surprisingly on tract with last year. Mess up to start that's pulled, check. Free game on the 2nd day in amazon's time zone, check.

Wonder if EA week will be replaced with 2K week or something.

[quote name='BrolyB593']I see DarkSouls is down to $18 now.

How long will this price last until?

I want to use one of my $5 promos on that but told myself I would only get it at $10 or less.
[/QUOTE]

OP says 12/26-1/5

[quote name='buckythekat']I believe Tony himself said they wouldn't match flash deals[/QUOTE]

That's what I thought but I remember pretty much every other poster saying it so I didn't want to say he said it and then be mistaken.
[quote name='espy605']Everyone who said it was repeating what we were told by Tony. It's frustrating yeah, but I would rather let it go and let other people enjoy it (I bought it at $5 myself so I am in a similar boat as you), rather than getting upset and endangering possible future deals like this. You bought it, like me, because it was worth it to you at the time. It's an indie game, it was always going to go down in price.[/QUOTE]

Eh, I don't think I'm preventing anyone from enjoying it. I'm just not happy and said as much. There's not really much to say beyond what I already have, I just was really disappointed in how it was handled and makes me weary about jumping on stuff now. It is what it is.

[quote name='awestover89']So...exactly like Steam then? Where a game can be a flash sale for 66% and then a daily deal for 75%? And another game can be 50% flash sale and then you wait for a daily deal and it never comes? Where the franchise pack can go on sale and then you realize that the individual games are actually cheaper?

Fact is, buying things is always a gamble. There may be a better sale, there may not. Personally, since we knew that Hotline Miami would be no more than $7.49 on Steam until Jan 5th, it made the most logical sense to not buy before then, unless the price went down like it did. Regular price is $10, its always been on the EC 2012 list, so the worst case scenario should have been $5 with coupon. Then it went on sale on Steam for $7.49 without a flash or daily, so that became the new lowest possible price without coupon, guaranteed to not be exceeded until Jan 5 at the earliest.[/QUOTE]

I've never seen that on steam, unless this sale was completely different, the flash deals were always just shorter versions of the daily deals and not different percentages off. I've never seen steam undercut itself except on daily deals vs. the sale prices that are constant through out the sale. This is the first sale from them I haven't paid much attention to since their prices were much worse than everywhere else but apparently they did it completely differently in this sale compared to every prior sale?

[quote name='inm8num2']This makes me wish I bought more stuff last month to get more promo credits. :/[/QUOTE]

I think that's why people forget these aren't exactly "free."

Unrelated: Why is everyone calling that one user "hotdog guy?" Am I missing something because it's cracking me up.

[quote name='sittinghawk3']anyone have another coupon ill pm 1 buck for your troubles if you can get hotline. :D[/QUOTE]
Ill trade you for another game if you have any steam keys your willing to give up for it. Let me know if you have any!

[quote name='espy605']
Unrelated: Why is everyone calling that one user "hotdog guy?" Am I missing something because it's cracking me up.[/QUOTE]

Because of his avatar.

Dark Souls I would not put in the same boat as this.
Dark Souls: Lowest price it's been was Amazon for $15, and... Amazon is undercutting themselves. Prices otherwise, as we clearly can see on Steam, are MUCH higher. Now, you *could* assume that Gamestop or something will go for it at $15 as well sometime. That however is a very, very big crapshoot to go for when Steam currently has it for $20.

Hotline Miami: Has been $5 in a couple places.

If you're going to compare sales here, make it apples to apples. 2nd lowest sale price ever to 1st lowest sales price when you own both (and quite possibly THIRD lowest as I'm not sure if anyone but Amazon broke to 18-19 with it) is a fairly safe bet. Everyone else having the $5 mark at one point or another is not. If on the other hand someone comes around and beats amazon at their own game and is someone that's PM'd? Fine. Know what, that'd be the best price ever on it. No shame in that, congrats to the lucky gamblers. This is the happy sale not the angry one, save that for next Christmas or something!

2.49 is still a great price for hotline miami

win some, loose (albeit a little) on others - some of us could complain about why we did not wait until now to buy KOA to save 3 bucks or Spec Ops saving 2.49

2.49 here and there is not going to get me upset, this is a grand time to buy games that interest you at some great prices. competition is great for us consumers and amazon has been great at posting some cool deals

@Tony, thank you for hotline miami for free and for all the deals lately, your efforts have not gone unnoticed (yes, we might have whined a little here and there)

[quote name='espy605']Unrelated: Why is everyone calling that one user "hotdog guy?" Am I missing something because it's cracking me up.[/QUOTE]
Cuz his name is forgettable, no one feels obliged to be respectful to him (because he's an ass), but most of all because it's funner to call him "hotdog guy". :)

[quote name='espy605']I think that's why people forget these aren't exactly "free."

Unrelated: Why is everyone calling that one user "hotdog guy?" Am I missing something because it's cracking me up.[/QUOTE]

image.php

[quote name='Zaraki_Kenpachi']
Eh, I don't think I'm preventing anyone from enjoying it. I'm just not happy and said as much. There's not really much to say beyond what I already have, I just was really disappointed in how it was handled and makes me weary about jumping on stuff now. It is what it is.
[/QUOTE]

I do think some people take too much delight in saying "I told you so" when really on there part it was just wishful thinking that got lucky. I think you have a right to be disappointed, but this was obviously unplanned and this is also why Tony refrains from saying "absolutely yes" or "absolutely not." He's not even around so I'm not sure how the price ended up getting matched.

So do we get to use 1 $5 off coupon for each order of a game we have had? Just got the free hot line miami, and I can not tell if a promo credit is applying as I have promo credit from customer service.

I already owned Hotline Miami, but I grabbed a copy to give a friend. :bow:

[quote name='Woodlands']
You're obligated to respond to me, hal.
[/QUOTE]

No I'm not! Oh wait.. d'oh!

You know, those complaining just could have waited until right before the sale ended next week to see if there would be any additional discounts.

That being said, I do sympathize with those who would like to know what the plan is overall. Some do want to know if it is worth waiting for games we want to get. I know Tony says there is more coming, but some of us would like to know what it is. (And yes, I understand that Tony might not even know some of it.)

Well, got The Darkness II for $2.50

4 promo coupons to go. Looking at Borderlands II and whatever new additions get added to the list this month.

Last edited by a moderator:
Glad I waited, but I can't even access the checkout page now. I guess they are overloaded. I've never seen that happen before. I hope the keys aren't gone by the time I get through.

Edit: And.. its gone before I could even buy it.

[quote name='TheLongshot']You know, those complaining just could have waited until right before the sale ended next week to see if there would be any additional discounts.

That being said, I do sympathize with those who would like to know what the plan is overall. Some do want to know if it is worth waiting for games we want to get. I know Tony says there is more coming, but some of us would like to know what it is. (And yes, I understand that Tony might not even know some of it.)[/QUOTE]

I think if he said "this might be coming" and it didn't, people would be just as pissed if not more so, especially if they skipped over existing deals expecting to get the one that might've happened. I think he gives us a picture of the deals that are locked in and not confidential (because a lot of game sales dates can be), and this is a flash sale for a game that's been on sale many times, it's not like he predicted this happening.

Glad I waited, but I can't even access the checkout page now. I guess they are overloaded. I've never seen that happen before. I hope the keys aren't gone by the time I get through.

Edit: And.... they're gone.

The fact that they raised the price on the bioshock bundle had me thinking there wouldn't be anything completely free this year so $2.50 was probably going to be it. Oh well, $2.50 is still a good deal.

I used my last coupon to get a free copy since I've spent more money than I intended to already anyway. I guess I'll give it to a friend, though if someone has some spare steam repeat game I might not have you could PM me.

[quote name='espy605']I think if he said "this might be coming" and it didn't, people would be just as pissed if not more so, especially if they skipped over existing deals expecting to get the one that might've happened. I think he gives us a picture of the deals that are locked in and not confidential (because a lot of game sales dates can be), and this is a flash sale for a game that's been on sale many times, it's not like he predicted this happening.[/QUOTE]

Also face the Steam deal came up at the same time, so maybe that jumped them into PM mode. I dont mind if he doesnt give us hints on possibles. Surprises are nice :)

In defense of everyone who bought it for $2.50, this sale DOESN'T make sense. The only place there is for Hotline Miami to price matched to $5 is Steam, but it's a flash sale, so there shouldn't be a price match happening here.

The only real odds of this being down to $5 would have come from a price match with GameStop or GameFly, if they happened to have it on sale for $5 (which they don't).

My only guess is that this is a glitch, or that someone on Tony's team got a price match request through the "See it cheaper somewhere else?" button and price matched the flash sale without knowing what they were doing.

Or Tony loves us? :D

"We're sorry!

An error occurred when we tried to process your request. Rest assured, we're working to resolve the problem as soon as possible. If you were trying to make a purchase, please check Your Account to confirm that the order was placed. We apologize for the inconvenience.

on the Amazon.com home page."
LOL Guess they ran out?

[quote name='Idiotekque']
My only guess is that this is a glitch, or that someone on Tony's team got a price match request through the "See it cheaper somewhere else?" button and price matched the flash sale without knowing what they were doing.[/QUOTE]

Almost a guarantee.

[quote name='Necrotron']Purchases so far:
Hotline Miami (free)
The Darkness II - $2.50

4 promo coupons to go. Looking at Borderlands II and whatever new additions get added to the list this month.[/QUOTE]

Do we have hints as to what other additions may be?

It disappeared between my clicking "Download and Buy" and putting in my password.

I'm never using Amazon again.

I'm organizing a class-action lawsuit.

In my country it is illegal to let customers click "download and buy" and then not provide them with a bought download.

[quote name='PenguinJim']It disappeared between my clicking "Download and Buy" and putting in my password.

In my country it is illegal to let customers click "download and buy" and then not provide them with a bought download.[/QUOTE]

Nice parody of the ridiculous outrage some have in this thread, :applause:.

[quote name='FyreFlux']anybody know if there is any chance we'll see far cry 3 for maybe 30 bucks this month?[/QUOTE]

Wasn't it $32.50 just... yesterday!?

Not sure what happened to this thread to make it so argumentative over the last few hundred messages, but folks just need to take a step back and realize that like any retail business, the business climate changes and companies adjust and make changes all the time. Just continue to be guarded with your own funds and only buy when it's the near top 75% off or < $2.50. Hotline Miami in previous deals was 50% off and $5.00 which should make it an automatic pass if you are looking at it as a true CAG. I'm now pretty much at the point of skipping every 75% off deal for 1 game (looking at you KoToR 1&2) since games are cheaper in bundles and GMG typically has 75% off + 30% coupon on top of it.

I also don't know why anyone tries to hold them that they won't be matching flash deals. Maybe it was stated fairly clearly, but I didn't see that it was hard coded and always saw it as they "generally" won't match flash deals. It seemed to be more of an issue with time and how often they have to wake the hamsters than anything else.

Like that posting with the Dumb and Dumber skit, things are not 100% certain so like with every digital game out there, unless you plan to play it right now, it will probably get cheaper in a month/year, etc..Lesson is that you should almost always wait.

Hotline Miami will eventually show up in a humble bundle for a buck so unless you had to play it right now, it's pretty obvious that the price will drop like all other indies. One reason that if you want to save coin and buy indies, wait till you only bundles and skip them all till then.

[quote name='PenguinJim']It disappeared between my clicking "Download and Buy" and putting in my password.

In my country it is illegal to let customers click "download and buy" and then not provide them with a bought download.[/QUOTE]

they either ran out or it was never supposed to be 4.99 to begin with.

[quote name='BernardoOne']Snatched 8 copies, will end for now because Tony may pull up crazy deals later and I have to have some coupons left :lol[/QUOTE]

That's not very nice, 7 other people could have gotten a copy.

[quote name='Tolyngee']Wasn't it $32.50 just... yesterday!?[/QUOTE]

that sucks, i must have somehow overlooked it. every time i checked it was $37+

To anyone who bought TSW last night, like I did, but haven't been able to play it yet...About an hour or two ago I created my character, started some of the storyline, then quit. Then I went to the store on the TSW site and was able to claim issue #5, so you should still be able get it if you bought it last night.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back