Amazon PCDD $12.49 Walking Dead ($7.49 after coupon)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amazon DVG Deals

Official Representative
Feedback
4 (100%)
Hi CAGs,

I'll be posting deals we're running on Digital Games (PC/Mac, Free to Play, Sony/Microsoft Points/Subs).

I'm also here to answer questions you might have, get you closer to the developers by hosting Q&As, setting up podcasts, live streaming gameplay etc. If I don't respond to a question you have in thread please send me a PM. These ping my email address and make it more likely that I will see your question and respond more quickly.

FYI. EA Games sold by Amazon will not activate on Steam.

Digital Holiday

1/5-1/12

The Walking Dead - $12.49 ($7.49 post coupon)

1/11-1/13:

Alice: Madness Returns: The Complete Collection - $11.99 pre coupon (6.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Dragon Age Pack PC - $12.99 pre-coupon ($7.99 after coupon) - not Steam

1/18-1/20:

Need for Speed: The Run - $8.99 ($3.99 after coupon) - not Steam
EA Sports Classic Pack - $8.99 ($3.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Syndicate - $9.99 ($4.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Crysis Maximum Maximum -$17.99 ($12.99 after coupon) - not Steam

1/13-1/19:

Tantalizing THQ Medley - $11.99 pre coupon ($6.99 after coupon) - Steam

1/11-1/12:

Darksiders Franchise Pack - $13.19 before coupon ($8.19 after coupon) - Steam
Saints Row The Third: The Full Package - $12.49 pre coupon ($7.49 after coupon) - Steam

1/29-1/31:

Burning Hot Bundle - $11.99 ($6.99 after coupon)

F.A.Q.S.:

1. Does the game I'm buying from Amazon Activate on Steam/Origin/Uplay? What DRM does the game use?

There are two places to identify DRM on a digital video game detail page:

At the top of the page, below the title:

16hm7a8.png

In the "Product Description" section:

r06ykl.jpg

2. Note on Electronic Arts Games - For the most part, EA games sold on Amazon do not activate on Steam. Most activate on Origin.

3. Note on DRM with limited activations:

Our Policy

4. Sometimes I'll do giveaways.

5. I work with developers and publishers to get fun (or at least what I think is fun) content to share with you all. Here are some examples:

a. Check out the Pax Gameplay videos here: Xcom: Enemy Unknown I played Xcom with Jake, the Creative Director for the game, a few months before the game came out Also, on this page, check out the Q&A, also a community driven event.

b. Check out the interview on this page: Borderlands 2 we did this interview at E3 with Randy Pitchford this year.

c. We've partnered with the ++GoodGames Podcast to feature many of the games we carry. They talk to the developers about the game development process, how the games are conceptualized and managed, all kinds of fun stuff. I'm working on putting together full link list and will update when I have it.

What else do we sell?

Xbox Live Points and Subscriptions:

1600 Microsoft Live Points
4000 Microsoft Live Points
12 Month XBOX Live Subscription
3 Month XBOX Live Subscription]
12 Month + 1 XBOX Live Subscription

PSN+ Subscriptions and PSN Points:

$20 PSN Points
$50 PSN Points
12 Month PSN+ Subscription
3 Month PSN+ Subscription

We also have a Free-2-Play store supported by our GameConnect technology. Gameconnect allows you to link your Amazon.com account with free-2-play and MMO accounts so that you can buy things like in game currency, premium game time/subscriptions, in game items, etc. on Amazon.com using your Amazon.com payment options and have this content delivered directly into your game.

To check out the Free-2-Play games we offer you can visit our storefront here:

Free-2-Play Store

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='kidrocklive']Crap so it went to $5 while I was playing a game and it's not available now, rats![/QUOTE]

[quote name='xanchui']yay, it's dead! now we can all Have: Hotline Miami keys Want: $5 amazon gift card
[/QUOTE]

Wow, I waited 'til :45 after to buy it, and just four minutes later, it's deactivated!

[quote name='PenguinJim']In my country it is illegal to let customers click "download and buy" and then not provide them with a bought download.[/QUOTE]
I have a Wiki tab open to the European-Asian Consumer Protection Protocols Act of the General Pan-African Assembly of 1977 and will be filing a grievance shortly via my internet lawyer.

[quote name='kidrocklive']Crap so it went to $5 while I was playing a game and it's not available now, rats![/QUOTE]

That'll teach you to have fun instead of being here!

[quote name='yangwenli']Not sure what happened to this thread to make it so argumentative over the last few hundred messages, but folks just need to take a step back and realize that like any retail business, the business climate changes and companies adjust and make changes all the time. Just continue to be guarded with your own funds and only buy when it's the near top 75% off or < $2.50. [/QUOTE]

I think that this can be simplified even further. ;)

Buying a game? Go to the checkout.

LOOK AT THE GAME. LOOK AT THE PRICE.

Happy with that? Agree to that price and BUY. Not happy? Don't agree. Don't buy.

[quote name='UW_Shocks']That's not very nice, 7 other people could have gotten a copy.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, this irritates me. I feel like they just plan to sell the keys for profit instead of even helping others play the game. I would gladly trade my voucher for a key, but this year it doesn't even work that way.

I hope other games don't run out of keys during this sale. I'm already waiting for keys on games at GMG.

[quote name='espy605']That'll teach you to have fun instead of being here![/QUOTE]

Fun is for when the sales are over. Now is the time for 100% focus and concentration on the sales!

Someone lost focus... and played a game.

[quote name='UW_Shocks']That's not very nice, 7 other people could have gotten a copy.[/QUOTE]

There'll be a ton of people selling these I think for $2.50 or less so like Bioshock going for $1 or $2, anyone who is patient should be able to get this for a similar prices...so I wouldn't worry.

[quote name='electricsleep']To anyone who bought TSW last night, like I did, but haven't been able to play it yet...About an hour or two ago I created my character, started some of the storyline, then quit. Then I went to the store on the TSW site and was able to claim issue #5, so you should still be able get it if you bought it last night.[/QUOTE]
Since I previously brought up my old account, etc I'll note that I just "bought"
Issue 5 for zero points. So the only thing I didn't get was the Initiate Pack which was largely redundant with my "pre-order" bonuses anyway.

Hotline Miami is back up, but they undid the price match. I don't feel so bad now. At least I didn't try to game the system for a mistake they made.

Or 1 other guy could get 7 more copies for all I know.

Also, I bet the "currently unavailable" was not because they were out of keys, but because they were changing the price. So no, 7 other people couldnt got a copy anyways.

[quote name='Tolyngee']Fun is for when the sales are over. Now is the time for 100% focus and concentration on the sales!

Someone lost focus... and played a game.[/QUOTE]

Monitoring these sales feels like a job, it's super annoying haha.

[quote name='Tolyngee']Fun is for when the sales are over. Now is the time for 100% focus and concentration on the sales!

Someone lost focus... and played a game.[/QUOTE]

More like I start classes tomorrow and am going to be planning for a career fair and getting a real job. So now is really the last night I really have to play and have nothing else to do. Can't win em all though I guess.

I actually didn't want to use my coupon on Hotline Miami; just thought the gluttony some showed [here and on the STEAM forums] was low.

I come from the school of thought: take one and let the next person get theirs.

[quote name='GBPackRat']Was wondering if I'd even use any of my EC credits... Darkness II for $2.49 and Hotline Miami for free... Two down and four more coupons to go...

Think we'll get any more cheepy games, still got a lotta January left?[/QUOTE]
Have spec Ops the line? If not BUY IT. Great story, great atmosphere, great setting, fantastic voice acting, functional gunplay which becomes quite intense by the final 1/4th of the game. I finished it a couple of days ago and I still can't get it out of my head.

He may have matched Hotline Miami because previously it WAS a daily deal. Anyway, thanks Tony.

[quote name='Syntax Error']Since I previously brought up my old account, etc I'll note that I just "bought"
Issue 5 for zero points. So the only thing I didn't get was the Initiate Pack which was largely redundant with my "pre-order" bonuses anyway.[/QUOTE]

Anyone know if the issue is linked to the account, ie it will be there for 0 points when I get there, or do we need to claim it asap? I bought the game last night but haven't gotten to play it yet, probably won't for a few weeks at least.

[quote name='BernardoOne']Or 1 other guy could get 7 more copies for all I know.[/QUOTE]

You do have to wonder about someone buying so many copies in one hit. 2 or 3 for friends fine. But 7 in one hit?.Lot of trade bait there...

The Secret World is going up in price after tonight. Idiotekque has done a great job on promoting it and helping to explain it. (Check out Idiotekque's posts for more intel, also others have posted mainly about downloading and such). Nice MMO game. Hell, even Tony is playing it.

[quote name='smurfinaus']You do have to wonder about someone buying so many copies in one hit. 2 or 3 for friends fine. But 7 in one hit?.Lot of trade bait there...[/QUOTE]

Nah, it is not worth it as devalued that it is now. I will giveaway all of them. Besides, as you can see , the keys didnt ran out. So me taking 8 or 1 copy would be the same.

[quote name='waabulo']The Secret World is going up in price after tonight. Idiotekque has done a great job on promoting it and helping to explain it. (Check out Idiotekque's posts for more intel, also others have posted mainly about downloading and such). Nice MMO game. Hell, even Tony is playing it.[/QUOTE]

Seconded. Finally finished downloading today and played a little bit while I was home. I'm illuminati and picked pistols, mainly because I just love dual pistols Haha not sure of what role ill play yet but the little I played was very entertaining.

I bought 7 additional copies with the intent of giving them away. I know I'm probably one of the few who bought them with that intent among those who hoarded copies though. ;)

Tony said he was going to send me a guest pass to TSW so I could check it out, but I think he forgot =(. I typically hate MMO stuff, so I'm hesitant to activate and end up only playing for an hour.

[quote name='BrolyB593']I see DarkSouls is down to $18 now.

How long will this price last until?

I want to use one of my $5 promos on that but told myself I would only get it at $10 or less.

**And thank you so much for the free Hotline Miami Tony! I knew I should wait haha[/QUOTE]

according to the first page posting, price is good through 1/5 , sorry if repost

[quote name='JustYourAverageJoe']1. Right-click the Uplay shortcut on your desktop. Select "Properties."
2. In the "target" text box, after the part in quotes, put without quotes " -upc_uplay_id ##", where ## is the id number of the game. The id numbers can be found on this list.
3. Click Apply, then double-click the shortcut. Uplay will boot into a splash screen for the game, and it should pop up a box prompting you enter the game's key.
4. Enter the key.
5. ???
6. Profit

(Credit to this fine fellow on NeoGAF.)[/QUOTE]
Just had to cycle back to say that this worked PERFECTLY. Thanks a million, Joe.

Hotline Miami is pretty addicting. I got in for the free deal with the coupon and wasn't sure if I would like it but already played 1 hr without even noticing it. Great deal even if it was a mistake.

Hopefully some more crazy stuff will be appearing

[quote name='stupidproz1']I'm scared to get back into another MMO after WoW ahhhhhhh!

Although if I were to try another, it would be The Secret World or Guild Wars 2.[/QUOTE]

Same....was so addicted to WoW I havn't let myself play another MMO

Dang, missed Hotline Miami - that's what I get for playing video games with my GF! lol
Oh well, I will wait for it to be in a humble bundle like some others said.
Hopefully I won't miss out on any other great deals while sleeping!

[quote name='Severose']I bought 7 additional copies with the intent of giving them away. I know I'm probably one of the few who bought them with that intent among those who hoarded copies though. ;)[/QUOTE]

You're doing it wrong -- you're supposed to charge $5!

Well, now I'm out of Amazon codes... greenmangaming's coupon is about to run out, only a couple days of steam left but they are in 90% repeat mode anyway...

Looks like I'm about done. 'twas fun.

[quote name='glennfrank']Dang, missed Hotline Miami - that's what I get for playing video games with my GF! lol[/QUOTE]
Next time I will play with your girlfriend while you can jump on the deals. Agreed?

[quote name='Fluxy']has anyone played transformers war of cybertron? good? and how long?[/QUOTE]

You mean War for Cybertron the 1st game, or Fall of Cybertron the 2nd game?

Only the 2nd is on Amazon and I never played it. The 1st is great and it's a good 24 hours of gameplay I think. It spans two whole campaigns of both factions.

[quote name='Idiotekque']Next time I will play with your girlfriend while you can jump on the deals. Agreed?[/QUOTE]

LOL I don't know about that..
On the other hand - we were playing SWToR for about 5 hours straight.

[quote name='glennfrank']LOL I don't know about that..
On the other hand - we were playing SWToR for about 5 hours straight.[/QUOTE]
Note that I didn't specify what we'd play.

yea i meant war for cybertron, and it is on amazon and they price matched steam. couldnt get the second still 29.99, but yea games looks awesome for 5 bucks

[quote name='Fluxy']yea i meant war for cybertron, and it is on amazon and they price matched steam. couldnt get the second still 29.99, but yea games looks awesome for 5 bucks[/QUOTE]
Honestly, I enjoyed the multiplayer demo a lot. I wasn't kidding when I compared it to CoD, but yeah, I liked it.

I know nothing about the SP though, although I've heard good and bad.

[quote name='glennfrank']LOL I don't know about that..
On the other hand - we were playing SWToR for about 5 hours straight.[/QUOTE]

I always had a thing for Twi'leks.

[quote name='Fluxy']has anyone played transformers war of cybertron? good? and how long?[/QUOTE]

Got it. Havent played it.But its supposed to be good. Fall of Cybertron is supposed to be even better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back