Amazon PCDD $12.49 Walking Dead ($7.49 after coupon)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amazon DVG Deals

Official Representative
Feedback
4 (100%)
Hi CAGs,

I'll be posting deals we're running on Digital Games (PC/Mac, Free to Play, Sony/Microsoft Points/Subs).

I'm also here to answer questions you might have, get you closer to the developers by hosting Q&As, setting up podcasts, live streaming gameplay etc. If I don't respond to a question you have in thread please send me a PM. These ping my email address and make it more likely that I will see your question and respond more quickly.

FYI. EA Games sold by Amazon will not activate on Steam.

Digital Holiday

1/5-1/12

The Walking Dead - $12.49 ($7.49 post coupon)

1/11-1/13:

Alice: Madness Returns: The Complete Collection - $11.99 pre coupon (6.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Dragon Age Pack PC - $12.99 pre-coupon ($7.99 after coupon) - not Steam

1/18-1/20:

Need for Speed: The Run - $8.99 ($3.99 after coupon) - not Steam
EA Sports Classic Pack - $8.99 ($3.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Syndicate - $9.99 ($4.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Crysis Maximum Maximum -$17.99 ($12.99 after coupon) - not Steam

1/13-1/19:

Tantalizing THQ Medley - $11.99 pre coupon ($6.99 after coupon) - Steam

1/11-1/12:

Darksiders Franchise Pack - $13.19 before coupon ($8.19 after coupon) - Steam
Saints Row The Third: The Full Package - $12.49 pre coupon ($7.49 after coupon) - Steam

1/29-1/31:

Burning Hot Bundle - $11.99 ($6.99 after coupon)

F.A.Q.S.:

1. Does the game I'm buying from Amazon Activate on Steam/Origin/Uplay? What DRM does the game use?

There are two places to identify DRM on a digital video game detail page:

At the top of the page, below the title:

16hm7a8.png

In the "Product Description" section:

r06ykl.jpg

2. Note on Electronic Arts Games - For the most part, EA games sold on Amazon do not activate on Steam. Most activate on Origin.

3. Note on DRM with limited activations:

Our Policy

4. Sometimes I'll do giveaways.

5. I work with developers and publishers to get fun (or at least what I think is fun) content to share with you all. Here are some examples:

a. Check out the Pax Gameplay videos here: Xcom: Enemy Unknown I played Xcom with Jake, the Creative Director for the game, a few months before the game came out Also, on this page, check out the Q&A, also a community driven event.

b. Check out the interview on this page: Borderlands 2 we did this interview at E3 with Randy Pitchford this year.

c. We've partnered with the ++GoodGames Podcast to feature many of the games we carry. They talk to the developers about the game development process, how the games are conceptualized and managed, all kinds of fun stuff. I'm working on putting together full link list and will update when I have it.

What else do we sell?

Xbox Live Points and Subscriptions:

1600 Microsoft Live Points
4000 Microsoft Live Points
12 Month XBOX Live Subscription
3 Month XBOX Live Subscription]
12 Month + 1 XBOX Live Subscription

PSN+ Subscriptions and PSN Points:

$20 PSN Points
$50 PSN Points
12 Month PSN+ Subscription
3 Month PSN+ Subscription

We also have a Free-2-Play store supported by our GameConnect technology. Gameconnect allows you to link your Amazon.com account with free-2-play and MMO accounts so that you can buy things like in game currency, premium game time/subscriptions, in game items, etc. on Amazon.com using your Amazon.com payment options and have this content delivered directly into your game.

To check out the Free-2-Play games we offer you can visit our storefront here:

Free-2-Play Store

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='drock']Rocksmith (Activates on Steam) - $14.99 - http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B009GKT2W2[/QUOTE]

Darn, I thought this was supposed to make the EC list as well for the sale, but doing a quick search, I must have been mistaken.

That Gold Box deal for $30 last week is much more appealing now, considering I still need a cable, never mind a guitar...

[quote name='Neuro5i5']If you mean the brief period it was $4.99, Tony mentioned that was due to an accidental automated price match to Steam's current flash sale.[/QUOTE]
No, I mean the $7.49. That's the discounted price on Hotline Miami outside of daily/flash/cc periods.

I'm going to take the out-of-stock Max Payne 3 keys as a sign I probably shouldn't buy the game, lest its perpetual cutscenes get the better of me. So far, it's just going to be Dark Souls. Hoping for Tony to be his usual bad self and pull out some big guns this month.

[quote name='Detruire']No, I mean the $7.49. That's the discounted price on Hotline Miami outside of daily/flash/cc periods.[/QUOTE]

Well, regardless of where the $7.49 price came from, it should still stand for the duration of the promo.

Edit: Meaning that it isn't tied to some Steam Daily timer, 2K bonus add-in or whatnot.

Curious, would Tony be able to pull any strings to get the Steam version of The Secret World? That's the only reason I haven't really purchased it. :(

[quote name='JustYourAverageJoe']I'm going to take the out-of-stock Max Payne 3 keys as a sign I probably shouldn't buy the game, lest its perpetual cutscenes get the better of me. So far, it's just going to be Dark Souls. Hoping for Tony to be his usual bad self and pull out some big guns this month.[/QUOTE]

A sign to spend less money is almost always a good thing. Plus my money is on Amazon restocking keys after the pricematch is over.

[quote name='Firehead03']Curious, would Tony be able to pull any strings to get the Steam version of The Secret World? That's the only reason I haven't really purchased it. :([/QUOTE]

It's published by EA.. not gonna happen.

[quote name='Firehead03']Curious, would Tony be able to pull any strings to get the Steam version of The Secret World? That's the only reason I haven't really purchased it. :([/QUOTE]

INB4 the WHY DO YOU NEED STEAM? or YEA STEAM! crowds join in. I have a personal opinion but I'll just keep that to myself. It likely won't be happening though and I'm sure somewhere in the last 200 pages it has been gotten into ad nauseam.

Will there be more copies of the Desert to Sea Bundle? I was planning on buying it (mainly for Spec-Ops) after Friday and now it appears to be sold out.

[quote name='drock']Rocksmith (Activates on Steam) - $14.99 - http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B009GKT2W2[/QUOTE]
Cool, Just need a deal on the hardware and I'll be in business!

[quote name='JustYourAverageJoe']I'm going to take the out-of-stock Max Payne 3 keys as a sign I probably shouldn't buy the game, lest its perpetual cutscenes get the better of me. So far, it's just going to be Dark Souls. Hoping for Tony to be his usual bad self and pull out some big guns this month.[/QUOTE]
I'm so peaved that this game is a 27.3GB download. Comeon Rockstar, did you put your C team on this project?
GTA 4 is half the size (15.7GB from Rockstar North & Toronto)! LA NOIRE is 13.9GB (Team Bondi, Rockstar Leeds)

In summary Rockstar Studios is the Treyarch (cough cough) of the company.

I'm curious why you want a steam version? Don't you still end up using their download client to get the game and everything? Does it support the steam overlay? I thought it just connected you to their launcher and doesn't really even use steam.

You won't need Steam to play TSW. If anything, it's just another annoying barrier to logging in. Use the Funcom downloader and put the Steam overlay on it, if you feel so inclined.

[quote name='IkedaTeramusa']INB4 the WHY DO YOU NEED STEAM? or YEA STEAM! crowds join in. I have a personal opinion but I'll just keep that to myself. It likely won't be happening though and I'm sure somewhere in the last 200 pages it has been gotten into ad nauseam.[/QUOTE]
Heh, my bad. Should've realised others would've asked about it as well.

[quote name='sunghost']It's published by EA.. not gonna happen.[/QUOTE]
Ah, didn't realise that. :/

[quote name='Woocls']I'm curious why you want a steam version? Don't you still end up using their download client to get the game and everything? Does it support the steam overlay? I thought it just connected you to their launcher and doesn't really even use steam.[/QUOTE]
Just the convenience of it. ...And to add it to my game count on Steam. >_>

Anyone play War of the Roses? The description sounds interesting, but I'm wondering if I shouldn't hold onto my credits and see if anything else pops up before the credit expires?

[quote name='fore1337']
I'm so peaved that this game is a 27.3GB download. Comeon Rockstar, did you put your C team on this project?
GTA 4 is half the size (15.7GB from Rockstar North & Toronto)! LA NOIRE is 13.9GB (Team Bondi, Rockstar Leeds)

In summary Rockstar Studios is the Treyarch (cough cough) of the company.[/QUOTE]

They said they wanted to make everything on the PC look better so the textures are like quadruple in size of the console versions. And the audio is less compressed. Game looks amazing. I bought the PS3 version for $20 and thought that looked good. Then, I found the PC version for cheap as well and well..you know.

[quote name='Firehead03']Heh, my bad. Should've realised others would've asked about it as well.

Ah, didn't realise that. :/

Just the convenience of it. ...And to add it to my game count on Steam. >_>[/QUOTE]

Amazon has gotten Steam keys for games that aren't Steamworks/Steam-redeemable before, so it's never totally impossible. And since The Secret World is Funcom-published digitally, it's not wholly impossible. I just wouldn't hold my breath for it, personally.

Otherwise, I hear ya, Firehead. After having to consolidate my files and move Windows installations twice in the last 6 months, I've come to value centralization. I kinda forgot I even had The Secret World since it was a loose installer sitting in my Downloads folder, whereas I had Steam/Origin installed day one on my new build.

Though God knows I don't need a higher Steam game count. It's completely shameful already.

[quote name='Bankotsu']They said they wanted to make everything on the PC look better so the textures are like quadruple in size of the console versions. And the audio is less compressed. Game looks amazing. I bought the PS3 version for $20 and thought that looked good. Then, I found the PC version for cheap as well and well..you know.[/QUOTE]
Well I will report back on how amazing the game looks after I finish downloading it (next month X-)
This game will NOT be run from the SSD, lol.

[quote name='bobphone']Tony is going nuts on these people. Dudes better look out. [/QUOTE]
Is there an option to Kick-ban the griefers from this thread?

Hey guys,

We're out of Bioshock keys, which is why Desert to Sea, Shooter, and Mega packs are down.

As soon as we get more we'll have them all back up.

Also, I need 2 more people who have little or no 2K games.

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='fore1337']Well I will report back on how amazing the game looks after I finish downloading it (next month X-)
This game will NOT be run from the SSD, lol.[/QUOTE]

Ha, I bought the retail version because I didn't want to download it.

Any deadline for the Dark Souls deal or is it just going to run out when the steam deal does? I'm hoping it lasts until sometimes this weekend due to that being when I'll finally have paycheck money.

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']Hey guys,

We're out of Bioshock keys, which is why Desert to Sea, Shooter, and Mega packs are down.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

On Steam I have only Civ 4 Complete.

Wait, and XCom complete.

My two oldest purchases on Steam, actually.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

Ooh, another giveaway? Awesome!

I probably don't qualify, as I have 5 2K games (Both Bioshocks, both Borderlands, and Spec Ops) but you're still awesome for doing this, Tony!

[quote name='JustYourAverageJoe']Amazon has gotten Steam keys for games that aren't Steamworks/Steam-redeemable before, so it's never totally impossible. And since The Secret World is Funcom-published digitally, it's not wholly impossible. I just wouldn't hold my breath for it, personally.

Otherwise, I hear ya, Firehead. After having to consolidate my files and move Windows installations twice in the last 6 months, I've come to value centralization. I kinda forgot I even had The Secret World since it was a loose installer sitting in my Downloads folder, whereas I had Steam/Origin installed day one on my new build.

Though God knows I don't need a higher Steam game count. It's completely shameful already.[/QUOTE]

Yeah but in those cases they went through the pubisher to get those Steam keys, not around them. In the case of TSW, and I guess Amalur if anyone can figure out who the hell to talk to in Rhode Island, it may step on the toes of their relationship with EA for them to start selling non-EA versions that are taking away from the sales of the EA published versions of those games.

[quote name='derintrel']Any deadline for the Dark Souls deal or is it just going to run out when the steam deal does? I'm hoping it lasts until sometimes this weekend due to that being when I'll finally have paycheck money.[/QUOTE]

OP says 12/26-1/5.

I have just a little more than a little. Bioshock 1 and 2, Borderlands GOTY, Spec Ops, The Darkness 2, the super strategy pack... Speaking of, I didn't have any of these until these sales. Amazon/Tony FTW!

[quote name='Neuro5i5']OP says 12/26-1/5.[/QUOTE]

I guess sandwiched between all those orange words my eyes just skipped right over that. Either way, Thank you very much.

[quote name='IkedaTeramusa']@Tony What 2K games shouldn't we own? I don't own any recent ones.[/QUOTE]

Looking for those with as few as possible. Looks like I've got a couple people with 1 or 2 so far.

Also, more updates to the EC list incoming.

Cheers,
Tony

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]
I think I have 3 or 4 2K games.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

Not sure if this is little enough for you, but the only 2K games I have are Bioshock 1 & 2.

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']Also, I need 2 more people who have little or no 2K games.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]
Dunno if I count since I have a few (6 if you include DNF)

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back