Amazon PCDD $12.49 Walking Dead ($7.49 after coupon)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amazon DVG Deals

Official Representative
Feedback
4 (100%)
Hi CAGs,

I'll be posting deals we're running on Digital Games (PC/Mac, Free to Play, Sony/Microsoft Points/Subs).

I'm also here to answer questions you might have, get you closer to the developers by hosting Q&As, setting up podcasts, live streaming gameplay etc. If I don't respond to a question you have in thread please send me a PM. These ping my email address and make it more likely that I will see your question and respond more quickly.

FYI. EA Games sold by Amazon will not activate on Steam.

Digital Holiday

1/5-1/12

The Walking Dead - $12.49 ($7.49 post coupon)

1/11-1/13:

Alice: Madness Returns: The Complete Collection - $11.99 pre coupon (6.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Dragon Age Pack PC - $12.99 pre-coupon ($7.99 after coupon) - not Steam

1/18-1/20:

Need for Speed: The Run - $8.99 ($3.99 after coupon) - not Steam
EA Sports Classic Pack - $8.99 ($3.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Syndicate - $9.99 ($4.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Crysis Maximum Maximum -$17.99 ($12.99 after coupon) - not Steam

1/13-1/19:

Tantalizing THQ Medley - $11.99 pre coupon ($6.99 after coupon) - Steam

1/11-1/12:

Darksiders Franchise Pack - $13.19 before coupon ($8.19 after coupon) - Steam
Saints Row The Third: The Full Package - $12.49 pre coupon ($7.49 after coupon) - Steam

1/29-1/31:

Burning Hot Bundle - $11.99 ($6.99 after coupon)

F.A.Q.S.:

1. Does the game I'm buying from Amazon Activate on Steam/Origin/Uplay? What DRM does the game use?

There are two places to identify DRM on a digital video game detail page:

At the top of the page, below the title:

16hm7a8.png

In the "Product Description" section:

r06ykl.jpg

2. Note on Electronic Arts Games - For the most part, EA games sold on Amazon do not activate on Steam. Most activate on Origin.

3. Note on DRM with limited activations:

Our Policy

4. Sometimes I'll do giveaways.

5. I work with developers and publishers to get fun (or at least what I think is fun) content to share with you all. Here are some examples:

a. Check out the Pax Gameplay videos here: Xcom: Enemy Unknown I played Xcom with Jake, the Creative Director for the game, a few months before the game came out Also, on this page, check out the Q&A, also a community driven event.

b. Check out the interview on this page: Borderlands 2 we did this interview at E3 with Randy Pitchford this year.

c. We've partnered with the ++GoodGames Podcast to feature many of the games we carry. They talk to the developers about the game development process, how the games are conceptualized and managed, all kinds of fun stuff. I'm working on putting together full link list and will update when I have it.

What else do we sell?

Xbox Live Points and Subscriptions:

1600 Microsoft Live Points
4000 Microsoft Live Points
12 Month XBOX Live Subscription
3 Month XBOX Live Subscription]
12 Month + 1 XBOX Live Subscription

PSN+ Subscriptions and PSN Points:

$20 PSN Points
$50 PSN Points
12 Month PSN+ Subscription
3 Month PSN+ Subscription

We also have a Free-2-Play store supported by our GameConnect technology. Gameconnect allows you to link your Amazon.com account with free-2-play and MMO accounts so that you can buy things like in game currency, premium game time/subscriptions, in game items, etc. on Amazon.com using your Amazon.com payment options and have this content delivered directly into your game.

To check out the Free-2-Play games we offer you can visit our storefront here:

Free-2-Play Store

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']He's going to add them. He already stated so. He just posted that list because someone asked him for a preview.[/QUOTE]

I realize that - my suggestion was to add them at the beginning or end of the store page vs. mixed with the rest of the items to make it easier for us to find new items. Hopefully the comment was clear to him.

[quote name='fore1337']FYI to the folks interested in Alice. My steam version of Alice key registered just fine on origin. :)
Same for steam versions of: Dragon Age 1 Ultimate Edition, burn out paradise & crysis 2[/QUOTE]

Is the Origin version of Crysis 2 now the Max Edition (or whatever), or do we still need to manually patch it for DX11 and the better textures?

[quote name='Neuro5i5']Just out of curiosity, are there any benefits beyond them showing up in the client. Honest question.[/QUOTE]

For Crysis/Crysis 2 probably not, but sometimes Steam versions of EA games require you to buy the DLC through Steam too. Having it in Origin will let you buy the DLC anywhere (for cheaper).

[quote name='Neuro5i5']Just out of curiosity, are there any benefits beyond them showing up in the client. Honest question.[/QUOTE]

You can DL them directly from Origin as opposed to Amazon. Some people complain Amazon has slow DL speeds for them. That's really it since I don't think Origin has many other features.

[quote name='CheapThomas']I realize that - my suggestion was to add them at the beginning or end of the store page vs. mixed with the rest of the items to make it easier for us to find new items. Hopefully the comment was clear to him.[/QUOTE]

So far the list is two pages long so I don't think it makes too much of a difference. I guess if the list grew a lot then it might help some.

Seeing the price of civilization 5 on steam daily sale has inspired me to purchase the 2k super strategy pack instead. Thanks for the great value bundle, I only had the base game of civ 5. Still have 2 coupons left, and there are some things on the EC list that I might grab.

Keep up the great work Tony!

[quote name='xRidley']For Crysis/Crysis 2 probably not, but sometimes Steam versions of EA games require you to buy the DLC through Steam too. Having it in Origin will let you buy the DLC anywhere (for cheaper).[/QUOTE]

Huh, never considered it from a DLC perspective. Thanks.

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']You can DL them directly from Origin as opposed to Amazon. Some people complain Amazon has slow DL speeds for them. That's really it since I don't think Origin has many other features. [/QUOTE]

I'm not sure if that would benefit me or not. My Amazon DL speeds have been slow lately, but my Origin speeds are all over the place, sometime as fast as Steam, other times as slow as Amazon. I guess it wouldn't hurt anything for me to add them. At the very least it'll probably make migrating them easier since they'll be in a more centralized location. Thanks for the info.

[quote name='mokmoof']Is there a cheaper version of the cable? A quick Amazon search didn't come up with anything that would do straight-up 1/4 inch to USB.[/QUOTE]

Places on Amazon had been selling a cable for as cheap as $10 shipped. Right now they're OOS though, probably thanks to the cheap sales of Rocksmith.

[quote name='Severose']It's only awkward for those who haven't really played MMOs before. Once you play for a while, you'll get used to it. Veterans of MMOs with similar controls will be right at home. Newbies will need a little time.[/QUOTE]

I've played enough games of different types to where I'm quite well-adjusted to different control methods, thanks.
I've even played WoW (not really subscribed, just whatever free time Blizzard gives out to try to get you to play), and the controls are not awkward there.

Perhaps if I could find some auto-attack it would be better, since trying to avoid zombies to plan what I'm doing and trying to attack at the same time is fail.

Thanks for your (non-)help anyway.

[quote name='Neuro5i5']Huh, never considered it from a DLC perspective. Thanks.

I'm not sure if that would benefit me or not. My Amazon DL speeds have been slow lately, but my Origin speeds are all over the place, sometime as fast as Steam, other times as slow as Amazon. I guess it wouldn't hurt anything for me to add them. At the very least it'll probably make migrating them easier since they'll be in a more centralized location. Thanks for the info.[/QUOTE]

Some Origin games I've downloaded also didn't have to be installed when done which I was surprised about. They've been making a lot of improvements to it, it's not bad at all compared to something like uPlay.

Excited for the Dragon Age pack. I almost finished the Mass Effect Trilogy (15hrs into Mass Effect 3) and wants some more BioWare stuff. Really interested when hearing that Dragon Age is more squad strategy based than shooter based. Anyone have any opinions about Star Wars: the Old Republic? I liked KoToR 1 & 2 when I played them years ago, but I'm not really an MMO person.

[quote name='equalsP']Excited for the Dragon Age pack. I almost finished the Mass Effect Trilogy (15hrs into Mass Effect 3) and wants some more BioWare stuff. Really interested when hearing that Dragon Age is more squad strategy based than shooter based. Anyone have any opinions about Star Wars: the Old Republic? I liked KoToR 1 & 2 when I played them years ago, but I'm not really an MMO person.[/QUOTE]

If you are willing to pay the subscription it is alright, but FTP sucks with all the restrictions.

[quote name='LN3000']I've played enough games of different types to where I'm quite well-adjusted to different control methods, thanks.
I've even played WoW (not really subscribed, just whatever free time Blizzard gives out to try to get you to play), and the controls are not awkward there.

Perhaps if I could find some auto-attack it would be better, since trying to avoid zombies to plan what I'm doing and trying to attack at the same time is fail.

Thanks for your (non-)help anyway.[/QUOTE]

Was that really necessary? Is being bitchy a requirement for posting in this thread or something?

Any chance of a Dead Space Bundle so i can prepare for Dead Space 3 ?
also The Sims 3 alone would be cool, i don't want the fancy DLC'S !!!!

Any chance of a Dead Space Bundle so i can prepare for Dead Space 3 ?
also The Sims 3 alone would be cool, i don't want the fancy DLC'S !!!!

[quote name='Neuro5i5']t

I have the Crysis Pack and Crysis 2 activates on Origin. Crysis and Warhead (didn't install Wars) do not (but I also didn't try to get Origin support to add them, since I don't care).[/QUOTE]

Also you might want to try it, i talked with EA support last year about them activating my copy of Crysis/Crysis Wars and they did it for me. Right after, i checked the info page of the game on Origin and the key they gave me was completely different from the key provided by Amazon so i downloaded the Amazon version and decided to try the Amazon key and it activated just fine so in the end you might end up with two copies of Crysis.

[quote name='Solid-Snake-Eyes']I don't understand how this thread moves so fast![/QUOTE]

Complaints and redundant questions make up like at least half the posts.

[quote name='fore1337']FYI to the folks interested in Alice. My steam version of Alice key registered just fine on origin. :)
Same for steam versions of: Dragon Age 1 Ultimate Edition, burn out paradise & crysis 2[/QUOTE]

dead space 2 also.

Since other people are still posting it, I guess I will too :p
I only have borderlands goty on my steam account was considering getting darkness 2 + spec ops, but free is always better right? :p
Pretty sure Tony has given out the keys already, but guess it doesn't hurt to try :p

Also, anyone know the prices of the EA games Tony listed? Some of them like Alice aren't in the OP. I remember last year Alice normal was 2.50 after coupon so hopefully around there?
Oh also, the DA pack has been 7.5 on Amazon before right? or was it 10? Hopefully the price pre-coupon is around there again lol

[quote name='equalsP'] Anyone have any opinions about Star Wars: the Old Republic? I liked KoToR 1 & 2 when I played them years ago, but I'm not really an MMO person.[/QUOTE]

Playing lvl's 1-30ish of whichever classes sound fun to you is very enjoyable. The stories and atmosphere are top notch. However, the last I checked, there were tons of balance issues & a lack of end-game content which makes it not a very good MMO imo.

P.S. I picked up SpecOps & Darkness 2 with the coupon. I think that completes my 2k collection. All of it was bought from Amazon between May 2012 & now (except vanilla Civ 5 which I bought when it launched.) Thanks again Tony & 2k!

P.P.S. Tony, I need a deal on the Creature Slaughter Dome plzkkthx!

[quote name='Mooby']I'll deviate from the norm and say I pretty much have all the 2K games from Amazon I currently want.[/QUOTE]

Same, except 1 or 2. Plus I think Tony is done with the test he was doing anyway.

[quote name='equalsP']Anyone have any opinions about Star Wars: the Old Republic? I liked KoToR 1 & 2 when I played them years ago, but I'm not really an MMO person.[/QUOTE]

I played it when it was released. Didn't enjoy the MMO side of it but I really did enjoy playing through one republic and one empire character as I found the story to be entertaining.

[quote name='espy605']Same, except 1 or 2. Plus I think Tony is done with the test he was doing anyway.[/QUOTE]

Oh I'm sure he is I just had to join in the chorus of desperate stragglers reaching out in Oliver Twist-ian fashion. :lol:

[quote name='despair1991']
Also, anyone know the prices of the EA games Tony listed? Some of them like Alice aren't in the OP. [/QUOTE]

That was just a preview of what will be added as someone had asked. We don't know anymore details beyond that.

[quote name='Mooby']Oh I'm sure he is I just had to join in the chorus of desperate stragglers reaching out in Oliver Twist-ian fashion. :lol:[/QUOTE]

Moar pleas...

[quote name='renhoelder']Sry if this has been discussed, but any word on when Max Payne 3 will be available again?[/QUOTE]

As soon as the publisher delivers the keys to Tony he'll put them up, no ETA.

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']
EA Classics Bundle (Madden '08 and NHL 09)
Syndicate

[/QUOTE]

Any idea of the price? I'd love to pick these up cheap :D Keep up the good work!

[quote name='Mooby']IMO, the list needs some SEGA games, too. Maybe Hell Yeah~ Also would like to see Alpha Protocol sold on Amazon, too.[/QUOTE]

Jet Set Radio on EC? Would be awesome.

I want to see some Warner Brother games too. Scribblenauts and Lego LOTR... totally buying the latter if it goes for 5$ after coupon. Or,hell, even if it is 7.5$ I would pick it up :D

[quote name='espy605']As soon as the publisher delivers the keys to Tony he'll put them up, no ETA.[/QUOTE]

Ah, thank you very much good sir/lady :applause:

FYI, the 2K thing was freakin' awesome, but unfortunately is done. Tony then gave away something else, which is also done.

Hopefully Tony is spending the day playing video games or badgering companies to give us free games.

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']Just got more Bioshock keys.

Bundles should be back up in under an hour. Still waiting on MP3.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]Can't wait for some more MP3 keys Tony. So awesome!

[quote name='KaOTiK']I'd beat an orphan with a SlimJim to see Condemned Criminal Origins get on the EC list at a fair price.[/QUOTE]

This. I'd like to see it on sale non-bundled (Steam version) in the EC list. $2.49 after promo credit would be nice.

[quote name='KaOTiK']I'd beat an orphan with a SlimJim to see Condemned Criminal Origins get on the EC list at a fair price.[/QUOTE]

I'm not sure if that's an incentive for Amazon to do this.

[quote name='espy605']I'm not sure if that's an incentive for Amazon to do this.[/QUOTE]

I'll continue to beat an orphan with a SlimJim till Condemned Criminal Origins is put on the EC list at a fair price.

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']Just got more Bioshock keys.

Bundles should be back up in under an hour. Still waiting on MP3.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

Awesome, thanks for the update Tony. I'm buying MP3 as soon as it's in stock.

[quote name='sunghost']This. I'd like to see it on sale non-bundled (Steam version) in the EC list. $2.49 after promo credit would be nice.[/QUOTE]

Does Amazon sell the steam version? I remember grabbing a bundle with it in it and it wound up being the only one that wasn't a steam version ... and coincidently the one I wanted most on steam. :lol:

[quote name='KaOTiK']I'll continue to beat an orphan with a SlimJim till Condemned Criminal Origins is put on the EC list at a fair price.[/QUOTE]

No C:CO here (would like to see it as well), but I do love me a good Slim Jim.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back