Amazon PCDD $12.49 Walking Dead ($7.49 after coupon)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amazon DVG Deals

Official Representative
Feedback
4 (100%)
Hi CAGs,

I'll be posting deals we're running on Digital Games (PC/Mac, Free to Play, Sony/Microsoft Points/Subs).

I'm also here to answer questions you might have, get you closer to the developers by hosting Q&As, setting up podcasts, live streaming gameplay etc. If I don't respond to a question you have in thread please send me a PM. These ping my email address and make it more likely that I will see your question and respond more quickly.

FYI. EA Games sold by Amazon will not activate on Steam.

Digital Holiday

1/5-1/12

The Walking Dead - $12.49 ($7.49 post coupon)

1/11-1/13:

Alice: Madness Returns: The Complete Collection - $11.99 pre coupon (6.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Dragon Age Pack PC - $12.99 pre-coupon ($7.99 after coupon) - not Steam

1/18-1/20:

Need for Speed: The Run - $8.99 ($3.99 after coupon) - not Steam
EA Sports Classic Pack - $8.99 ($3.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Syndicate - $9.99 ($4.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Crysis Maximum Maximum -$17.99 ($12.99 after coupon) - not Steam

1/13-1/19:

Tantalizing THQ Medley - $11.99 pre coupon ($6.99 after coupon) - Steam

1/11-1/12:

Darksiders Franchise Pack - $13.19 before coupon ($8.19 after coupon) - Steam
Saints Row The Third: The Full Package - $12.49 pre coupon ($7.49 after coupon) - Steam

1/29-1/31:

Burning Hot Bundle - $11.99 ($6.99 after coupon)

F.A.Q.S.:

1. Does the game I'm buying from Amazon Activate on Steam/Origin/Uplay? What DRM does the game use?

There are two places to identify DRM on a digital video game detail page:

At the top of the page, below the title:

16hm7a8.png

In the "Product Description" section:

r06ykl.jpg

2. Note on Electronic Arts Games - For the most part, EA games sold on Amazon do not activate on Steam. Most activate on Origin.

3. Note on DRM with limited activations:

Our Policy

4. Sometimes I'll do giveaways.

5. I work with developers and publishers to get fun (or at least what I think is fun) content to share with you all. Here are some examples:

a. Check out the Pax Gameplay videos here: Xcom: Enemy Unknown I played Xcom with Jake, the Creative Director for the game, a few months before the game came out Also, on this page, check out the Q&A, also a community driven event.

b. Check out the interview on this page: Borderlands 2 we did this interview at E3 with Randy Pitchford this year.

c. We've partnered with the ++GoodGames Podcast to feature many of the games we carry. They talk to the developers about the game development process, how the games are conceptualized and managed, all kinds of fun stuff. I'm working on putting together full link list and will update when I have it.

What else do we sell?

Xbox Live Points and Subscriptions:

1600 Microsoft Live Points
4000 Microsoft Live Points
12 Month XBOX Live Subscription
3 Month XBOX Live Subscription]
12 Month + 1 XBOX Live Subscription

PSN+ Subscriptions and PSN Points:

$20 PSN Points
$50 PSN Points
12 Month PSN+ Subscription
3 Month PSN+ Subscription

We also have a Free-2-Play store supported by our GameConnect technology. Gameconnect allows you to link your Amazon.com account with free-2-play and MMO accounts so that you can buy things like in game currency, premium game time/subscriptions, in game items, etc. on Amazon.com using your Amazon.com payment options and have this content delivered directly into your game.

To check out the Free-2-Play games we offer you can visit our storefront here:

Free-2-Play Store

Last edited by a moderator:
Tony, thank you for the possbility of TWD being a deal next week. I will be buying.

Also, thank you for price matching I am Alive and not for price matching Dark Souls (at this time).

Anybody have an opinion about I am Alive? For what it is worth, the amazon digital download is not "Steamable".

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='waabulo']Tony, thank you for the possbility of TWD being a deal next week. I will be buying.

Also, thank you for price matching I am Alive and not for price matching Dark Souls (at this time).

Anybody have an opinion about I am Alive?[/QUOTE]

I've wondered this too. Looks good, haven't played it. Thanks for the tip, didn't know amazon price matched.

[quote name='MysterD']Exactly.

If Spec Ops: The Line makes you feel depressed, saddened, and even unable to finish the game - then, it's done it's job. Hopefully, one who quits early didn't spent a fortune on this game.
It's supposed to make you feel down-right terrible at ALL times and put you in HORRIBLE situations that are ALL NO-WIN situations.
[/QUOTE]

Oh boy this games sounds great lol. Oh well, I bought it for what seemed like a unique story which it sounds like what I'll be getting lol.

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']What if The Walking Dead was $12.49 as the deal of the week next week?

What if...

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]
This is the deal that I have been saving my final $5 coupon for!

Keep pulling that market share buddy ol pal!
oimg

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']I did, I was like:

"Listen Plug In, I need some help here. I'm getting crapped all over in this thread on a site I work on and I've got to flush the negative energy. This is the deal we need to stop this thread from completely going down the drain. Help me Plug In Digital, you're my only hope."

I sent the message by small, track driven robot, hopefully he gets my holographic image right.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

If it turns out to be a crap-shoot - screw-it, just call Roto-Rooter.

"Listen Plug In, I need some help here. I'm getting crapped all over in this thread on a site I work on and I've got to flush the negative energy. This is the deal we need to stop this thread from completely going down the drain. Help me Plug In Digital, you're my only hope."

I sent the message by small, track driven robot, hopefully he gets my holographic image right.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

:applause:

"For our next show we will reenact the Inigo/Fezzik/Vizzini rhyming scene from The Princess Bride" :lol:

Hey Tony and all other CAGs if Tony can float the deal for cheap toilet paper / I mean Toilet Tycoon then we can all have a Happy Crappy Weekend.

[quote name='fore1337']This is the deal that I have been saving my final $5 coupon for!

oimg
[/QUOTE]

Is this graphic accurate?
Source?

[quote name='xGreg']Is this graphic accurate?
Source?[/QUOTE]

Lol it's that guy's personal tracker for where he's spending stuff. It is actually pretty cool :).

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='pantsattack']@average joe I love LIGHTS.[/QUOTE]
You, sir, are a man of good taste. I tip my cap to you.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]
o1UNa.gif

[quote name='xGreg']Is this graphic accurate?
Source?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']Lol it's that guy's personal tracker for where he's spending stuff. It is actually pretty cool :).

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

Google Docs! I've spent $259.65 so you can back out the numbers from there. ;-) In years past it's been 100% Steam, thanks Tony!

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']Lol it's that guy's personal tracker for where he's spending stuff. It is actually pretty cool :).

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

Oh, I see. :lol:

I didn't realize that... :oops:

[quote name='fore1337']Google Docs! I've spent $259.65 so you can back out the numbers from there. ;-) In years past it's been 100% Steam, thanks Tony![/QUOTE]

Curious, would you mind (in PM if you're not comfortable here) listing out what you bought on Steam vs Amazon? I'm curious to know where the gaps lie and you look like a good use case.

If you're not comfortable sharing that's cool too, I'm very interested though.

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']Curious, would you mind (in PM if you're not comfortable here) listing out what you bought on Steam vs Amazon? I'm curious to know where the gaps lie and you look like a good use case.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]
Sure no problem. I can't PM you because your inbox is full.

edit: if you can PM me a gmail accout for you, I will share the document with ya.

Tony,

Apologies if I missed it but what's going with Max Payne 3? I know its no longer a daily deal but I couldn't purchase from amazon for the last day of the sale. Will it go back up at some point?

[quote name='fore1337']Sure no problem. I can't PM you because your inbox is full.

edit: if you can PM me a gmail accout for you, I will share the document with ya.[/QUOTE]

Bah just cleared the inbox. PM coming over now.

[quote name='BernardoOne']Hey, Tony, is there a chance of Warner Bros games being added to the EC?[/QUOTE]

We've hit them up but I'm pretty sure our guy is still out of the office.

BTW the answer to all of these questions for pretty much any notable game we carry is "We've hit them up and are working on promotions".

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']Curious, would you mind (in PM if you're not comfortable here) listing out what you bought on Steam vs Amazon? I'm curious to know where the gaps lie and you look like a good use case.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]
You'd probably get a fair amount of volunteers giving data if you formally asked. I wouldn't have many qualms about sharing some of my buying habits. Amazon already knows most of what I buy. Damn you, Prime shipping!

EDIT: Come to think of it, there are bunch of threads where people list out all their purchases here for the year, right? This place is probably a data goldmine if you know where to look.

Tony, your breaking you one-a-day rule, just FYI, Don't let them suck you back in!

P.S. You could add a poll to this thread (or maybe start a new Amazon Deal Discussion Thread, and add it there).

Also, I've been refreshing the EC list to see when the new games show up. The count was at 42 games in the list, now at 41, anyone know what got axed?

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']Bah just cleared the inbox. PM coming over now.

We've hit them up but I'm pretty sure our guy is still out of the office.

BTW the answer to all of these questions for pretty much any notable game we carry is "We've hit them up and are working on promotions".

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

Thanks, I will keep my remaining coupons in case they show up :)

[quote name='fore1337']This is the deal that I have been saving my final $5 coupon for!

oimg
[/QUOTE]

oimg

oimg

I spent the most at Amazon, but got more games+DLC from Steam.

$229.39 spent, 74 games 64 DLC this sale. So far.

Will Guild Wars 2 be on sale anytime soon? (to take advantage of the promotions)
Also if you'd know what kind of discount to look for if/when it happens that would be great.

I mainly buy games that register on steam. I would prefer to buy them on amazon since you've been putting up some amazing deals Tony. I just wish there were more available. Bethesda games would have been awesome if there were available on Amazon DD. I've been picking them up either on steam or gmg.

[quote name='The End']Hey Tony, is there any chance that you will eventually be getting the older Tomb Raider games (preferably steam versions) in the PCDD store? I'm not necessarily asking for it to happen this month. But I see that steam has the Tomb Raider collection on sale right now and I find myself hesitant to buy because I know that you have a relationship with Square/Enix.

I wont likely get around to playing any of these over the next six months, so if there is even a glimmer of hope that you'll be getting them in, I'd definitely want to hold off on my purchase.[/QUOTE]

Sorry to bump my question so soon, but the Tomb Raider games only have 14 hours left. And with your decreased participation in this thread, I'm not sure if I'll have another chance to have you see this before the deal ends, or one of us goes to sleep.

@awestover89,

Yes, but the take away there is that in terms of market share (at least in your case) the profit/share ratio is in amazon's favor. They made damn near twice as much money from you with 1/2 the market share (Share size Vs. Profit). Steam made $85.10 (47.4% market share), Amazon made $92.44 (25.9% market share). Clearly Steam is having to work twice as hard to make the same amount of money as Amazon.

[quote name='aus_nacht']Tony,

Apologies if I missed it but what's going with Max Payne 3? I know its no longer a daily deal but I couldn't purchase from amazon for the last day of the sale. Will it go back up at some point?[/QUOTE]

It is back up for sale now, as for being promoted at 75% off again, we're working on it but no news yet. FYI we got keys for this at the same time we did the Bioshock games, put them in the system...and then sold out of Bioshock again.

[quote name='JustYourAverageJoe']You'd probably get a fair amount of volunteers giving data if you formally asked. I wouldn't have many qualms about sharing some of my buying habits. Amazon already knows most of what I buy. Damn you, Prime shipping![/QUOTE]

I'm going to do this formally in 2013, but figured since he already had a spreadsheet I'd look at it and use the information to better frame my question(s) to you guys :).

[quote name='walkonshadows']Tony, your breaking you one-a-day rule, just FYI, Don't let them suck you back in![/QUOTE]

The once a day experiment was helpful both for my own sanity and the thread derailment. I think most of the ragers and such vented, saw I didn't plan on responding anymore, and stopped raging.

In the future, I'll just duck out for a day or two if the thread starts spiraling out of control.

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='walkonshadows']Tony, your breaking you one-a-day rule, just FYI, Don't let them suck you back in!

P.S. You could add a poll to this thread (or maybe start a new Amazon Deal Discussion Thread, and add it there).

Also, I've been refreshing the EC list to see when the new games show up. The count was at 42 games in the list, now at 41, anyone know what got axed?[/QUOTE]

Updating this question. Nothing got axed, we pulled something today that was out of keys. The coupons still apply and we'll put it back when we have more keys.

This should have been the case with the bundles too. Looks like it isn't, I'll look at it now.

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='walkonshadows']@awestover89,

Yes, but the take away there is that in terms of market share (at least in your case) the profit/share ratio is in amazon's favor. They made damn near twice as much money from you with 1/2 the market share.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, Steam was mostly older games or bundles with a lot of games, (Prince of Persia Pack, 5 games, Tomb Raider Franchise 9 games, etc) and Amazon had better deals on the newer/more expensive items. Very few purchases on Steam were > $5, and quite a few on Amazon were around the $10 mark

Tony,

Since the Civ series is on sale again on Steam for still another 38 hours, and since you still have the 2K Strategy Super Pack for sale for $19.99 (before coupon):

Civilization V: Korea and Ancient World Combo Pack [Online Game Code]

Any chance for this to be PMed to Steam? It's the only piece missing from the 2K Strategy Super Pack for Civ 5.

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']
The once a day experiment was helpful both for my own sanity and the thread derailment. I think most of the ragers and such vented, saw I didn't plan on responding anymore, and stopped raging.

In the future, I'll just duck out for a day or two if the thread starts spiraling out of control.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

I think that is probably the most wise. It is always a good way to give everyone a little perspective by giving time and space between the derailments so people can think a little before they post their rage. Any how, keep up the good deals Tony, you rock, your hard work is much appreciated around here.

-monkeyz

[quote name='awestover89']
oimg

oimg

I spent the most at Amazon, but got more games+DLC from Steam.

$229.39 spent, 74 games 64 DLC this sale. So far.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='BernardoOne']My breakdown would be 80%amazon, 15%GMG and 5%steam.[/QUOTE]

Thanks guys, this info is super legit :).

[quote name='waabulo']xanchui thanks for giving the Slick Deal thread the heads up about the walking dead[/QUOTE]

QFT. Xanchui for president.

[quote name='Jaysonguy']Will Guild Wars 2 be on sale anytime soon? (to take advantage of the promotions)
Also if you'd know what kind of discount to look for if/when it happens that would be great.[/QUOTE]

See my previous reply about constantly working on getting more deals.

[quote name='The End']Sorry to bump my question so soon, but the Tomb Raider games only have 14 hours left. And with your decreased participation in this thread, I'm not sure if I'll have another chance to have you see this before the deal ends, or one of us goes to sleep.[/QUOTE]

Sorry, missed this. We're hoping to have all of Square's catalog in the next couple of months, but I'm not sure when we'll promote those titles. If you think the deal is smoking hot, grab it :).

[quote name='tham1988']wait so are we basically sure walking dead $12.50 pre-coupon starting sunday?[/QUOTE]

Probably not.

Cheers,
Tony

So, uh, this experimenting with getting people the entire catalog of 2K stuff wouldn't happen to mean an entire catalog of 1C and Strategy First Stuff might actually be closer to being a reality, would it? ;)

Sorry, I just feel like I have to light a candle and keep hope alive for those 1C and Strategy First packs.

[quote name='shezbot']Max Payne 3 is off the EC list now. I really regret missing that deal.[/QUOTE]
ohhhhhh and it might be a flash deal :/

I didnt know games are being removed from EC

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']
Sorry, missed this. We're hoping to have all of Square's catalog in the next couple of months, but I'm not sure when we'll promote those titles. If you think the deal is smoking hot, grab it :). [/QUOTE]

Well, it is a good deal over on steam. But I've learned my lesson from buying games that Amazon carries over on steam. Sooner or later you'll do some crazy pack that will leave me kicking myself for having bought the games on steam. So I'm gonna hold off for now.

Worst case scenario, they'll go on sale again sometime down the line for the exact same price. If I need to, I can pick it up then.

Thanks for the reply.

[quote name='shezbot']Max Payne 3 is off the EC list now. I really regret missing that deal.[/QUOTE]

That was the one!

It isn't off the list, we just pulled it temporarily while we were out of keys. If you click buy and download you'll see the credit still applies.

[quote name='Motoki']So, uh, this experimenting with getting people the entire catalog of 2K stuff wouldn't happen to mean an entire catalog of 1C and Strategy First Stuff might actually be closer to being a reality, would it? ;)

Sorry, I just feel like I have to light a candle and keep hope alive for those 1C and Strategy First packs.[/QUOTE]

I'm still waiting on Strat first :(.

The keys I gave out were just straight Steam keys though.

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']That was the one!

It isn't off the list, we just pulled it temporarily while we were out of keys. If you click buy and download you'll see the credit still applies.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]
but why does it cost $59.99?

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

There is a reason why there is an award show named after you good sir!

It isn't off the list, we just pulled it temporarily while we were out of keys. If you click buy and download you'll see the credit still applies.[/QUOTE]

Ah, this kinda ties into another question that I had. Once a game is on the EC list, is there any possibility that it will be removed before the month is over?

Or once a game is on the list, is it on the list for the duration? Only with no guarantee that the price will always remain the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back