Amazon PCDD $12.49 Walking Dead ($7.49 after coupon)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amazon DVG Deals

Official Representative
Feedback
4 (100%)
Hi CAGs,

I'll be posting deals we're running on Digital Games (PC/Mac, Free to Play, Sony/Microsoft Points/Subs).

I'm also here to answer questions you might have, get you closer to the developers by hosting Q&As, setting up podcasts, live streaming gameplay etc. If I don't respond to a question you have in thread please send me a PM. These ping my email address and make it more likely that I will see your question and respond more quickly.

FYI. EA Games sold by Amazon will not activate on Steam.

Digital Holiday

1/5-1/12

The Walking Dead - $12.49 ($7.49 post coupon)

1/11-1/13:

Alice: Madness Returns: The Complete Collection - $11.99 pre coupon (6.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Dragon Age Pack PC - $12.99 pre-coupon ($7.99 after coupon) - not Steam

1/18-1/20:

Need for Speed: The Run - $8.99 ($3.99 after coupon) - not Steam
EA Sports Classic Pack - $8.99 ($3.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Syndicate - $9.99 ($4.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Crysis Maximum Maximum -$17.99 ($12.99 after coupon) - not Steam

1/13-1/19:

Tantalizing THQ Medley - $11.99 pre coupon ($6.99 after coupon) - Steam

1/11-1/12:

Darksiders Franchise Pack - $13.19 before coupon ($8.19 after coupon) - Steam
Saints Row The Third: The Full Package - $12.49 pre coupon ($7.49 after coupon) - Steam

1/29-1/31:

Burning Hot Bundle - $11.99 ($6.99 after coupon)

F.A.Q.S.:

1. Does the game I'm buying from Amazon Activate on Steam/Origin/Uplay? What DRM does the game use?

There are two places to identify DRM on a digital video game detail page:

At the top of the page, below the title:

16hm7a8.png

In the "Product Description" section:

r06ykl.jpg

2. Note on Electronic Arts Games - For the most part, EA games sold on Amazon do not activate on Steam. Most activate on Origin.

3. Note on DRM with limited activations:

Our Policy

4. Sometimes I'll do giveaways.

5. I work with developers and publishers to get fun (or at least what I think is fun) content to share with you all. Here are some examples:

a. Check out the Pax Gameplay videos here: Xcom: Enemy Unknown I played Xcom with Jake, the Creative Director for the game, a few months before the game came out Also, on this page, check out the Q&A, also a community driven event.

b. Check out the interview on this page: Borderlands 2 we did this interview at E3 with Randy Pitchford this year.

c. We've partnered with the ++GoodGames Podcast to feature many of the games we carry. They talk to the developers about the game development process, how the games are conceptualized and managed, all kinds of fun stuff. I'm working on putting together full link list and will update when I have it.

What else do we sell?

Xbox Live Points and Subscriptions:

1600 Microsoft Live Points
4000 Microsoft Live Points
12 Month XBOX Live Subscription
3 Month XBOX Live Subscription]
12 Month + 1 XBOX Live Subscription

PSN+ Subscriptions and PSN Points:

$20 PSN Points
$50 PSN Points
12 Month PSN+ Subscription
3 Month PSN+ Subscription

We also have a Free-2-Play store supported by our GameConnect technology. Gameconnect allows you to link your Amazon.com account with free-2-play and MMO accounts so that you can buy things like in game currency, premium game time/subscriptions, in game items, etc. on Amazon.com using your Amazon.com payment options and have this content delivered directly into your game.

To check out the Free-2-Play games we offer you can visit our storefront here:

Free-2-Play Store

Last edited by a moderator:
Tony,

Here's my breakdown...

Amazon:

2K Strategy Pack
2K WTF Pack
Serious Sam Franchise
Dark Souls
Hotline Miami (er... well... for free!)
Blacklight Tango something x 2 (which I traded for Viking that was on sale at GMG)
Plentiful Paradox Pack
Darksiders Franchise Pack
Warlock DLC
Silverfall stuff
FEAR 1

Steam:

Dead Rising 2 Collection

Stuff I probably should have pulled the trigger on at Amazon but waffled/wavered/would do so if I got a second chance:

Hell Yeah at $3.75
Defenders of Ardania at $3.75 (although a pack bundled with its DLC would be nice around that price)

Stuff that I would have bought in a heartbeat if it were viable:

Amalur with Steam key!

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']The once a day experiment was helpful both for my own sanity and the thread derailment. I think most of the ragers and such vented, saw I didn't plan on responding anymore, and stopped raging.

In the future, I'll just duck out for a day or two if the thread starts spiraling out of control.[/QUOTE]

this sounds like a good plan

[quote name='Larce80']but why does it cost $59.99?[/QUOTE]

Pricing hasn't flowed through yet it'll be 50% off again at one point tonight. If it isn't I'll grab it tomorrow morning.

[quote name='shezbot']There is a reason why there is an award show named after you good sir![/QUOTE]

Lol. I look pretty ridiculous on camera:

http://www2.tbo.com/news/breaking-n...former-sarasota-man-trying-to-unta-ar-232409/

Also,

Never lose your wallet CAGs...NEVER.

[quote name='The End']Ah, this kinda ties into another question that I had. Once a game is on the EC list, is there any possibility that it will be removed before the month is over?

Or once a game is on the list, is it on the list for the duration? Only with no guarantee that the price will always remain the same.[/QUOTE]

We don't have any set rules about it set, but our Terms and Conditions give us flexibility to do so. I can tell you we don't have any plans to remove anything right now though.

[quote name='Mooby']Tony,

Here's my breakdown...

Amazon:

2K Strategy Pack
2K WTF Pack
Serious Sam Franchise
Dark Souls
Hotline Miami (er... well... for free!)
Blacklight Tango something x 2 (which I traded for Viking that was on sale at GMG)
Plentiful Paradox Pack
Warlock DLC
Silverfall stuff
FEAR 1

Steam:

Dead Rising 2 Collection

Stuff I probably should have pulled the trigger on at Amazon but waffled/wavered/would do so if I got a second chance:

Hell Yeah at $3.75
Defenders of Ardania at $3.75 (although a pack bundled with its DLC would be nice around that price)

Stuff that I would have bought in a heartbeat if it were viable:

Amalur with Steam key![/QUOTE]

That's awesome lol. I'll pitch Defenders to Paradox, I don't think Sega is going to have anything other than FM in the EC list though.

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']
That's awesome lol. I'll pitch Defenders to Paradox, I don't think Sega is going to have anything other than FM in the EC list though.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

Thanks. Yeah Gamer's Gate had a Defenders of Ardania bundle for like $3ish that I snoozed on... then snoozed again when the base game was $3.75ish on Amazon but given the fact Steam basically had no good deals for me I'd definitely pick it up if given another chance.

[quote name='lnknprk']Depressing indeed. I never did finish Spec Ops: The Line because of that. I decided to to play it through the night in one sitting. It was 5 in the morning, and I just couldn't finish it. 5 hours of mind fuck. I just haven't been able to muster up the will to start it up and finish the last bit of it.[/QUOTE]
That's the ideal way to play it, that's how I first experienced it, almost all in one sitting and I finished it at around 3AM so I was a little sleep deprived during the final 1/4th of the game. It really puts you closer into the state of mind of the character as by the end they've been up for almost 48 hours straight.
[quote name='heroes159']I finished Spec OPS the line Few weeks ago. Awesome game. need to say I was totally confused with the ending first time. I had to watch some youtube Videos understand the ending. :D
anyone knows is there any sequel planned for this game ??[/QUOTE]
Unfortunately it sold not well, apparently under 750K units worldwide across all 3 platforms (PS3, xbox, PC), according to VG Chartz.

[quote name='Neuro5i5']I've had my credit card number stolen like 3 times and it sucks, but that is just redonkulous! :hot:[/QUOTE]

Still unresolved too. It sucks, apparently, throughout this process my Social Security number was flagged as belonging to a deceased person. You have no idea what kind of complications this adds to trying to do simple things like get a new driver's license/passport or file your taxes.

Cheers,
Tony

I just wanted to pop in and say that I had never bought anything from Amazon's DVG services before until this year. I'm primarily a Steam guy, but I couldn't help myself when Tony was throwing all of these amazing deals to us. I seriously felt like a kid in a candy store at times. Steam really dropped the ball and because of that, Amazon was almost my exclusive storefront for digital goods.

[quote name='Tsel']I just wanted to pop in and say that I had never bought anything from Amazon's DVG services before until this year. I'm primarily a Steam guy, but I couldn't help myself when Tony was throwing all of these amazing deals to us. I seriously felt like a kid in a candy store at times. Steam really dropped the ball and because of that, Amazon was almost my exclusive storefront for digital goods.[/QUOTE]

Yea I started buying from Amazon DD last year, and recommended a lot of deals to my friends as I saw them (since I own most of the games I saw on sale). The deals are actually better than steam in most cases, and are close to gmg too.

Hey Tony, would it help if you had the reasons why something was purchased on Steam instead of Amazon? I'm thinking about making you a list of the stuff I've bought too, but kinda wanna know how detailed to be.

[quote name='guardian_owl']That's the ideal way to play it, that's how I first experienced it, almost all in one sitting and I finished it at around 3AM so I was a little sleep deprived during the final 1/4th of the game. It really puts you closer into the state of mind of the character as by the end they've been up for almost 48 hours straight.

Unfortunately it sold not well, apparently under 750K units worldwide across all 3 platforms (PS3, xbox, PC), according to VG Chartz.[/QUOTE]

Though I have to say that VG Chartz does not count digital games sales. I would say that it probably sold over 800k( I mean, half of my steam friends already own it. And by half I mean 80 in 160.) The game is get quite a bit of praise lately and becoming a cult game, getting praise by a lot of famous reviewers (Its the top 1 game from 2013 to Yahztee, and that is saying something) I also see it a lot on the top seller at retail stores.. It seems the game is one of those cases of a late bloomer, really. I would say that it can easily reach 1M sales.

[quote name='zillionandnine']You're not alone! I did that all the time while playing Saints Row 3. I can't drive the cars in that game worth a damn using a keyboard and mouse so my controller was always close at hand.[/QUOTE]

^_^ Excellent example.

[quote name='heroes159']I finished Spec OPS the line Few weeks ago. Awesome game. need to say I was totally confused with the ending first time. I had to watch some youtube Videos understand the ending. :D
anyone knows is there any sequel planned for this game ??[/QUOTE]

I'd strongly advise reloading the chapter and playing through for the alternative outcomes. (I restored my saves from dropbox at the checkpoint before).

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']
Pricing hasn't flowed through yet it'll be 50% off again at one point tonight. If it isn't I'll grab it tomorrow morning.
Lol. I look pretty ridiculous on camera:
http://www2.tbo.com/news/breaking-n...former-sarasota-man-trying-to-unta-ar-232409/

Also,

Never lose your wallet CAGs...NEVER.

We don't have any set rules about it set, but our Terms and Conditions give us flexibility to do so. I can tell you we don't have any plans to remove anything right now though.

Cheers,
Tony
[/QUOTE]

Aspect ratio on that video is squished.

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']Still unresolved too. It sucks, apparently, throughout this process my Social Security number was flagged as belonging to a deceased person. You have no idea what kind of complications this adds to trying to do simple things like get a new driver's license/passport or file your taxes.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

I know that you can change it for DV. Apparently it's possible to do so for identity theft as well, though I'm guess you are already aware of that.

Just for the heck of it, I pulled up what I bought from Amazon and Steam. It isn't a ton, but I only started really getting back into PC gaming in about March or April of this year after being out for the better part of a decade. I'm not counting the indie bundles and I'm contemplating pulling the trigger on the 2K strategy pack still.

Amazon
Darkness II
2K Shooter Pack
Tantalizing THQ Medley
Spec Ops: The Line
W40K: Space Marine
Plethora of Paradox Games
Supreme Commander
Red Alert 3
Crysis Maximum Edition
Sonic Generations
X-COM: Collection
Mass Effect Dual Pack
~$100

Steam
Penny Arcade Ep. 1&2
Plants vs. Zombies
Left 4 Dead 2
Overlord Franchise
War for Cybertron
Portal 2
Dawn of War Franchise
Saints Row: The Third
~$50

Keep up the awesome work Tony! You're like the guys I used to work with part time at a game store in town. You understand the value in taking care of your customers and unlike even the coolest of B&M staff, you have the pull to make some pretty amazing deals happen. You are the man!

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']Lol. I look pretty ridiculous on camera:

Also,

Never lose your wallet CAGs...NEVER.[/QUOTE]
Wow, that's crazy. You're the real Tony, right? :)

And I've pretty much spent all my money on Amazon this season. Steam has been a joke lately. From November on, here's what I've bought:

Two Worlds Epic Edition - $1.99
Rome: Total War - Gold Edition - $0.99
Final Fantasy XI: Ultimate Collection Abyssea Edition - $4.99
Zeno Clash - $0.99
Dig Dug - $3.50
Spec Ops: The Line - $4.99
Hell Yeah - ???
Hell Yeah! Virtual Rabbit Missions - ???
Far Cry 2: Fortune's Edition - $2.49
The Secret World - $15.00
Desert to Sea Bundle - $9.99
Magicka: Nippon DLC - $0.49
Blacklight Tango Down - $1.24
Darksiders 2 DLC - Mortis - $0.49 (These were all for APB promos; got 100+ days of premium!)
Darksiders 2 DLC - Deadly Despair - $0.49
Darksiders 2 DLC - Van der Schmash Hammer - $0.49
Darksiders 2 DLC - Mace Maximus - $0.49
Darksiders 2 DLC - Rusanov's Axe - $0.49
Darksiders 2 DLC - Fletcher's Crow Hammer - $0.49
Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood Deluxe Edition - $2.49
MX vs ATV Reflex - $4.99
The Crazy Action Pack - $4.99
2K Strategy Super Pack - $9.99
Hotline Miami - FREE!

=

$72.06

And Steam...?

Hell Yeah! Pimp My Rabbit Pack - ???
Death Rally - $0.99
Dead Rising 2 Bundle - $9.99

=

$12ish

All you guys talking about Spec Ops: The Line:

I just realized this game only came out just six months ago, late June.

People praise it for being a great game, yet in just six months it's basically being given away almost for free on Amazon? Yet CoD MW3 is still $30 a year later?

Don't judge a game based on its price, eh?

Did you have to buy a certain game to get certain coupons? All I have is the 2k coupon but I wanted Dark Souls. Just wondering.

[quote name='walkonshadows']Who's the babe?, AND WHY THE HELL DOES SHE THINK SHE CAN LAY A HAND ON YOU!?!?
Get off my Tony! skank! :whistle2:x :twoguns:[/QUOTE]

I'm more confused why the midget was holding a pizza cutter, and why Tony has furry legs and a hairless chest.

[quote name='Tolyngee']All you guys talking about Spec Ops: The Line:

People praise it for being a great game, yet in just six months it's basically being given away almost for free on Amazon? Yet CoD MW3 is still $30 a year later?

Don't judge a game based on its price, eh?[/QUOTE]Activision is notorious for keeping their games at MSRP for as long as possible. First time they ever did dailies was this winter sale.

Don't judge a game based on its price, eh?[/QUOTE]

One word...Activision. :roll:

[quote name='asheskitty']
I know that you can change it for DV. Apparently it's possible to do so for identity theft as well, though I'm guess you are already aware of that.[/QUOTE]

Oh I'm aware :). Every month I email/call various agencies and try to resolve. Sometimes I get forms to fill out and send back, sometimes I don't.

On the plus side, if I'm ever accused of a crime they'll probably think I'm some sort of super spy and I'll get a sick book/movie deal out of it.

[quote name='walkonshadows']Who's the babe?, AND WHY THE HELL DOES SHE THINK SHE CAN LAY A HAND ON YOU!?!?
Get off my Tony! skank! :whistle2:x :twoguns:[/QUOTE]

Haha, I have no idea :).

[quote name='Seth Oriath']Hey Tony, would it help if you had the reasons why something was purchased on Steam instead of Amazon? I'm thinking about making you a list of the stuff I've bought too, but kinda wanna know how detailed to be.[/QUOTE]

This would be SUPER LEGIT.

[quote name='mink-e']Just for the heck of it, I pulled up what I bought from Amazon and Steam. It isn't a ton, but I only started really getting back into PC gaming in about March or April of this year after being out for the better part of a decade. I'm not counting the indie bundles and I'm contemplating pulling the trigger on the 2K strategy pack still.

Amazon
Darkness II
2K Shooter Pack
Tantalizing THQ Medley
Spec Ops: The Line
W40K: Space Marine
Plethora of Paradox Games
Supreme Commander
Red Alert 3
Crysis Maximum Edition
Sonic Generations
X-COM: Collection
Mass Effect Dual Pack
~$100

Steam
Penny Arcade Ep. 1&2
Plants vs. Zombies
Left 4 Dead 2
Overlord Franchise
War for Cybertron
Portal 2
Dawn of War Franchise
Saints Row: The Third
~$50

Keep up the awesome work Tony! You're like the guys I used to work with part time at a game store in town. You understand the value in taking care of your customers and unlike even the coolest of B&M staff, you have the pull to make some pretty amazing deals happen. You are the man![/QUOTE]

[quote name='Idiotekque']Wow, that's crazy. You're the real Tony, right? :)

And I've pretty much spent all my money on Amazon this season. Steam has been a joke lately. From November on, here's what I've bought:

Two Worlds Epic Edition - $1.99
Rome: Total War - Gold Edition - $0.99
Final Fantasy XI: Ultimate Collection Abyssea Edition - $4.99
Zeno Clash - $0.99
Dig Dug - $3.50
Spec Ops: The Line - $4.99
Hell Yeah - ???
Hell Yeah! Virtual Rabbit Missions - ???
Far Cry 2: Fortune's Edition - $2.49
The Secret World - $15.00
Desert to Sea Bundle - $9.99
Magicka: Nippon DLC - $0.49
Blacklight Tango Down - $1.24
Darksiders 2 DLC - Mortis - $0.49 (These were all for APB promos; got 100+ days of premium!)
Darksiders 2 DLC - Deadly Despair - $0.49
Darksiders 2 DLC - Van der Schmash Hammer - $0.49
Darksiders 2 DLC - Mace Maximus - $0.49
Darksiders 2 DLC - Rusanov's Axe - $0.49
Darksiders 2 DLC - Fletcher's Crow Hammer - $0.49
Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood Deluxe Edition - $2.49
MX vs ATV Reflex - $4.99
Hotline Miami - FREE!

=

$72.06

And Steam...?

Hell Yeah! Pimp My Rabbit Pack - ???
Death Rally - $0.99
Dead Rising 2 Bundle - $9.99

=

$12ish[/QUOTE]

These lists are awesome :). Also, AM I THE REAL TONY??? Will you ever know?

Lastly,

Look at Idiotekque...I thought you only purchased stuff for less thank $5. I feel accomplished to have gotten you to crack open the wallet for more than this on THREE separate occasions :).

Cheers,
Tony

Totals:

GG - $28.72
GMG - $10.90
Amazon (since 11/1/2012) - $62.89
Steam - $409.84

GG/GMG/Steam totals are from ~mid December until now

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']Still unresolved too. It sucks, apparently, throughout this process my Social Security number was flagged as belonging to a deceased person. You have no idea what kind of complications this adds to trying to do simple things like get a new driver's license/passport or file your taxes.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

That whole thing sucks. Glad it sounds like its working out for you.

On another note your local new station workers look like they are from the 80s.

Also, looks like a need a new identity and job. Hmmm Who next.

[quote name='Neuro5i5']One word...Activision. :roll:[/QUOTE]

Yeah, where's that cheap Black Ops 1 sale? ;)

Wasn't there a MW2/Black Ops 1 bundle coming? ;)

Heres mine for Dec:

Hotline Miami [Download]
D
arksiders 2 - Franchise pack

51gc76PSR5L._SX72_.jpg

Scribblenauts Unlimited [Download]
2 x THQ packs (stalker, space marine etc)
51GjEyUIBmL._SX72_.jpg

Syndicate [Download]

Guess I have most of the games...besides strategy stuff like Civ games.

What are the chances of Gta V complete for $7.50 before coupon?

[quote name='xanchui']Totals:

GG - $28.72
GMG - $10.90
Steam - $409.84

GG/GMG/Steam totals are from ~mid December until now[/QUOTE]
wow...steam was so underwhelming for me that I only bought someone a gift and that was it

[quote name='Idiotekque']Wow, that's crazy. You're the real Tony, right? :)

Hotline Miami - FREE!
...[/QUOTE]

May I ask how you were able to acquire the 2k Strategy Super Pack for $9.99? I know at one point you could apply the 2k coupon (now expired) and now the $5 off coupon for editor's choice now, but in both cases it would only bring the price down to $14.99.

GG - $28.72
GMG - $10.90
Steam - $409.84

This i'm pretty curious about. What did ou buy on Steam and not from us. The reason I ask is that I struggle to think of ~$350 worth of games we both carry that we haven't had for cheaper since 11/1.

[quote name='Larce80']Heres mine for Dec:

Hotline Miami [Download]
D
arksiders 2 - Franchise pack

51gc76PSR5L._SX72_.jpg

Scribblenauts Unlimited [Download]
2 x THQ packs (stalker, space marine etc)
51GjEyUIBmL._SX72_.jpg

Syndicate [Download]

Guess I have most of the games...besides strategy stuff like Civ games.

What are the chances of Gta V complete for $7.50 before coupon?
[/QUOTE]

I'll hit up my Take 2 guy on GTA IV Complete. I doubt he'll want me to promote GTA V yet.

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='dejeckt']May I ask how you were able to acquire the 2k Strategy Super Pack for $9.99? I know at one point you could apply the 2k coupon (now expired) and now the $5 off coupon for editor's choice now, but in both cases it would only bring the price down to $14.99.[/QUOTE]

We had a pricing error for a few minutes that made it $14.99 pre coupon.

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']We had a pricing error for a few minutes that made it $14.99 pre coupon.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the reply. I am still thinking of buying it at $14.99, but really dragging my feet on this one. I'm not sure if I liked all the hours the Total War Shogun 2 stole from my sleep, and I'm assuming Civ 5 would be even more addicting.

Hey Tony can I get an extra coupon code in exchange for my 2K discount? I bought the desert to sea bundle a couple months too early for the editors choice coupon. Ah well.

[quote name='dejeckt']Thanks for the reply. I am still thinking of buying it at $14.99, but really dragging my feet on this one. I'm not sure if I liked all the hours the Total War Shogun 2 stole from my sleep, and I'm assuming Civ 5 would be even more addicting.[/QUOTE]

If you buy Civ V come back here and tell me how the words "one more turn" have changed meaning in your mind.

Cheers,
Tony

This is what I spent so far Tony. Only planning to get MP3 and that is it!

Steam:
Ys Origin: $4.99
Mass Effect Collection: $9.99
Critter Crunch: $1.74
KoToR 2: $2.49
Giana Sisters: Twisted Dreams: $5.09
The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings Enhanced Edition: $7.49
Legend of Grimrock: $3.74 Gift
Mass Effect Collection: Gift($9.99)
Test Drive Unlimited 2: Gift($9.99)
Critter Crunch: Gift
I AM ALIVE: Gift($5.09)

Hotline Miami: Gifted
Spec Ops: Gifted
Analogue: A Hate Story: Gifted
Cave Story+: Gifted
Basement Collection: Gifted
Cthulhu Saves the World: Gifted
S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Shadow of Chernobyl: Gifted
Offspring Fling: Gifted
FTL: Gifted
Penny Arcade Adventures: Precipice of Darkness Combo Pack: Gifted
Defy Gravity Extended: Gifted
Resonance: Gifted
Shank 2: Gifted
Closure: Gifted
Mirror's Edge: Gifted
Avadon: The Black Fortress: Gifted
Zen Bound 2: Gifted
Cortex Command: Gifted
S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Call of Pripyat: Gifted
The Legend of Grimrock: Gifted

GamersGate:
Bethesda New Year Collection x2: $54.64
Fallout New Vegas: Ultimate Edition: Gift

Green Man Gaming:
Sleeping Dogs: $10.40
DMC4: Free
Batman: Arkham Asylum GOTY: $2.25
Sine Mora: $1.75
Alpha Protocol: $2.62
Sonic Generations: $5.25

Amazon:
Dead Island GOTY: $5.99
Dreamcast Pack: $4.99
Darksiders Franchise Pack: $8.19
NBA2k13: $9.99
Scribblenauts Unlimited: $7.49
Sega Genesis Classic Game Pack: $4.87
2k Strategy Super Pack: $14.99
Dark Souls: $12.99
The Darkness 2: $2.49
Darksiders: Gift
Spec Ops: The Line: Gift ($2.49)
Hotline Miami: Free

Total: $211.99

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']This i'm pretty curious about. What did ou buy on Steam and not from us. The reason I ask is that I struggle to think of ~$350 worth of games we both carry that we haven't had for cheaper since 11/1.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

PM'd you =p

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']Look at Idiotekque...I thought you only purchased stuff for less thank $5. I feel accomplished to have gotten you to crack open the wallet for more than this on THREE separate occasions :).

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]
Don't judge a cheapass by the cover. ;)

[quote name='dejeckt']May I ask how you were able to acquire the 2k Strategy Super Pack for $9.99? I know at one point you could apply the 2k coupon (now expired) and now the $5 off coupon for editor's choice now, but in both cases it would only bring the price down to $14.99.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']We had a pricing error for a few minutes that made it $14.99 pre coupon.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]
Yeah, I've been so wishy washy about whether or not I wanted to grab Civ V... since I have Civ IV and while I've sunk like 20 hours into it, I find it's really frustrating (either way too easy or way too hard). When that price popped up, I just bit the bullet and grabbed it.

Figured it was a sign that I do need Civ V. >.>

[quote name='dejeckt']Thanks for the reply. I am still thinking of buying it at $14.99, but really dragging my feet on this one. I'm not sure if I liked all the hours the Total War Shogun 2 stole from my sleep, and I'm assuming Civ 5 would be even more addicting.[/QUOTE]

I'm in a similar situation. My wife adores the Civ series. I've been thinking about taking the plunge and $15 isn't a bad deal, but I appreciate you asking the question. I'm down to about another $25-$35 of gaming budget left for a little while and I find myself waffling on if I should just pull the trigger or see what else pops as part of EC.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]I called customer support and since I couldn't get a refund on that since I purchased it just yesterday and viewed the code. They gave me $5 promo credit that I can use. Not quite a refund, but I'll use it. Hopefully on MP3 ;)

Funny story about Civ V. I split the 2K Strategy Pack with a friend, installed it last week and loaded up the tutorial. The tutorial never mentions that it doesn't end when victory conditions are met, so I ended up playing for 8 hours and achieved all the victory conditions until I hit 2051 and realized that it was going to go on forever.

This is what I have bought that was cheaper or only avaliable on Steam and GMG.

Steam:

Secret of Monkey Island Bundle- $3.75
Ys Oath in Felghana- $3.50
Ys Origin- $5.00
Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic: $2.50
Max Payne 1&2: 3.75
Theif 1-3: $6.75
Resident Evil 5: $6.75
Alice Madness Returns: $4.99
Assassins Creed: $4.99
Splinter Cell: $2.50
Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory: $2.50
Splinter Cell: Conviction: $2.50
Transformers War for Cybertron: $4.99
Overlord: $1.25
Might and Magic Clash of Heroes: $3.75
Fable Lost Chapters: $2.49
Dead Rising Bundle: $9.99
Witcher 2: $7.49

GMG:
Batman Arkham City GOTY
Devil May Cry 4
Binary Domain
Red Faction
Book of Unwritten Tales
Alpha Protocol
Jet Set Radio
Sonic Generations

Amazon:

THQ Bundle
Desert to Sea Bundle
Sega Genesis Pack
WTF Pack
Hotline Miami

Wow, I thought I was spending a lot of money...

Amazon: $58.42
2K Shooter Pack - $9.99
Desert to Sea Bundle - $4.99 AC
Nexuiz - $0.99
Saints Row The Third Full Package - $2.49 AC
WTF Pack - $4.99 AC
2K Strategy Pack - $14.99 AC
Scribblenauts - $7.49
The Walking Dead - $12.49 ( god damnit should have waited for $7.49 AC :( )

Steam: $12.49
Grand Theft Auto Franchise - $12.49

Gamersgate:
Bethesda Pack off another CAG - $35, most likely won't get it

GG - $28.72
GMG - $10.90
Steam - $409.84

Did Steam have some hidden deals for you only?:lol:

People praise it for being a great game, yet in just six months it's basically being given away almost for free on Amazon? Yet CoD MW3 is still $30 a year later?[/QUOTE]

CoD: MW3 is still 30 bucks because those games make so much money at launch that they are in no hurry to drop the price. Seriously, they break records at launch. Why would you practically give away your game if you don't need to. Now games like Spec Ops, they end up getting really cheap because they need to make the sell, and people aren't buying it unless it gets priced so good you can't afford to not buy it. I think CoD could stay at a 60 buck price tag for a year until the next CoD comes out without taking a hit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back