Amazon PCDD $12.49 Walking Dead ($7.49 after coupon)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amazon DVG Deals

Official Representative
Feedback
4 (100%)
Hi CAGs,

I'll be posting deals we're running on Digital Games (PC/Mac, Free to Play, Sony/Microsoft Points/Subs).

I'm also here to answer questions you might have, get you closer to the developers by hosting Q&As, setting up podcasts, live streaming gameplay etc. If I don't respond to a question you have in thread please send me a PM. These ping my email address and make it more likely that I will see your question and respond more quickly.

FYI. EA Games sold by Amazon will not activate on Steam.

Digital Holiday

1/5-1/12

The Walking Dead - $12.49 ($7.49 post coupon)

1/11-1/13:

Alice: Madness Returns: The Complete Collection - $11.99 pre coupon (6.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Dragon Age Pack PC - $12.99 pre-coupon ($7.99 after coupon) - not Steam

1/18-1/20:

Need for Speed: The Run - $8.99 ($3.99 after coupon) - not Steam
EA Sports Classic Pack - $8.99 ($3.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Syndicate - $9.99 ($4.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Crysis Maximum Maximum -$17.99 ($12.99 after coupon) - not Steam

1/13-1/19:

Tantalizing THQ Medley - $11.99 pre coupon ($6.99 after coupon) - Steam

1/11-1/12:

Darksiders Franchise Pack - $13.19 before coupon ($8.19 after coupon) - Steam
Saints Row The Third: The Full Package - $12.49 pre coupon ($7.49 after coupon) - Steam

1/29-1/31:

Burning Hot Bundle - $11.99 ($6.99 after coupon)

F.A.Q.S.:

1. Does the game I'm buying from Amazon Activate on Steam/Origin/Uplay? What DRM does the game use?

There are two places to identify DRM on a digital video game detail page:

At the top of the page, below the title:

16hm7a8.png

In the "Product Description" section:

r06ykl.jpg

2. Note on Electronic Arts Games - For the most part, EA games sold on Amazon do not activate on Steam. Most activate on Origin.

3. Note on DRM with limited activations:

Our Policy

4. Sometimes I'll do giveaways.

5. I work with developers and publishers to get fun (or at least what I think is fun) content to share with you all. Here are some examples:

a. Check out the Pax Gameplay videos here: Xcom: Enemy Unknown I played Xcom with Jake, the Creative Director for the game, a few months before the game came out Also, on this page, check out the Q&A, also a community driven event.

b. Check out the interview on this page: Borderlands 2 we did this interview at E3 with Randy Pitchford this year.

c. We've partnered with the ++GoodGames Podcast to feature many of the games we carry. They talk to the developers about the game development process, how the games are conceptualized and managed, all kinds of fun stuff. I'm working on putting together full link list and will update when I have it.

What else do we sell?

Xbox Live Points and Subscriptions:

1600 Microsoft Live Points
4000 Microsoft Live Points
12 Month XBOX Live Subscription
3 Month XBOX Live Subscription]
12 Month + 1 XBOX Live Subscription

PSN+ Subscriptions and PSN Points:

$20 PSN Points
$50 PSN Points
12 Month PSN+ Subscription
3 Month PSN+ Subscription

We also have a Free-2-Play store supported by our GameConnect technology. Gameconnect allows you to link your Amazon.com account with free-2-play and MMO accounts so that you can buy things like in game currency, premium game time/subscriptions, in game items, etc. on Amazon.com using your Amazon.com payment options and have this content delivered directly into your game.

To check out the Free-2-Play games we offer you can visit our storefront here:

Free-2-Play Store

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='DonRamon']Amazon doesn't PM those, ain't it??[/QUOTE]

Pretty sure they do not, plus the previous Max Payne 3 price match they had for steam was only live for about half the time before it vanished and came back at the current prices once the flash deal and price match period ended.

Can boxed copies of games register on Steam or does it have to be bought digitally? I had a boxed copy of Farcry 2, and was trying to put it on Uplay (I used the code to get it on my computer) and was not able to do so it doesn't recognize the code.

Amazon has a few games super cheap right now in the bundles that I own boxed copies for which is why I'm asking, is it worth just getting the keys for an extra $2.50 to get them on Steam? Is there any actual benefit to it or is it just personal preference?

[quote name='Shrowd']Pretty sure they do not, plus the previous Max Payne 3 price match they had for steam was only live for about half the time before it vanished and came back at the current prices once the flash deal and price match period ended.[/QUOTE]

Ah well, on the fence about it anyway. Something good might happen.

Well , was going to grab Civ 5 on steam since I have never played it and the price was not bad for the Goty version ... then double checked on amazon and forgot about the 2k strategy collection.

Thank you :)

I would like to put in a request to Tony for him to approach Stardock to carry their games digitally. I'm sure he already has, but GalCiv, Fallen Enchantress, Sins of a Solar Empire, etc etc would be great additions to Amazon's digital collections!

Cheers!

Thadar

[quote name='Shrowd']Pretty sure they do not, plus the previous Max Payne 3 price match they had for steam was only live for about half the time before it vanished and came back at the current prices once the flash deal and price match period ended.[/QUOTE]

Pretty disappointed because of that. All day yesterday i was waiting for the new keys to arrive, but it only happened after the sale was over :( Wanted to buy it, but had no chance.

[quote name='DonRamon']Ah well, on the fence about it anyway. Something good might happen.[/QUOTE]

You never know, Tony may deliver a late X-Mas present to and roll the price down to $14.99. He seems to always take care of us. Now if he can just get FF VII on Amazon.

Amazon doesn't pricematch flash deals (except in the case of Hotline Miami where it was a bug). Period. Already been covered. You woulda had to have gotten it when it was in stock for the other sale (like 30 minutes).

[quote name='IkedaTeramusa']Amazon doesn't pricematch flash deals (except in the case of Hotline Miami where it was a bug). Period. Already been covered. You woulda had to have gotten it when it was in stock for the other sale (like 30 minutes).[/QUOTE]

Technically it's a community choice deal not a flash deal, but historically I'm not sure if those were PM'ed.

EDIT: I see Borderlands 2 season pass was turned down earlier so probably wont be matched, although a 24 hour deal would be sweet since they ran out of keys during the price match (just hoping lol)

[quote name='shezbot']Technically it's a community choice deal not a flash deal, but historically I'm not sure if those were PM'ed.

EDIT: I see Borderlands 2 season pass was turned down earlier so probably wont be matched, although a 24 hour deal would be sweet since they ran out of keys during the price match (just hoping lol)[/QUOTE]
Yeah this would be nice. But I dobut it :( Early bird gets the worm!

GMG has Sine mora (ran out fast)back up for 2.49 though and you can use a 20% coupon on it, for example though.

[quote name='MrBonk']Early bird gets the worm![/QUOTE]

I picked a terrible time to get my feathers plucked.*

*Err that sounded dirtier than I had intended.

Hey, Tony. Just wondering if you could give anymore info from upcoming additions to the EC lists. I have around 11 coupons left and I really don't want anything on sale at the moment that I don't already have, so I'm contemplating if I should start looking for CAG's to help out.

[quote name='randomdud']Hey, Tony. Just wondering if you could give anymore info from upcoming additions to the EC lists. I have around 11 coupons left and I really don't want anything on sale at the moment that I don't already have, so I'm contemplating if I should start looking for CAG's to help out.[/QUOTE]

Do a search of Tony's posts.. he updated yesterday a couple more times than he should have but they included a what's upcoming list... Tony doesn't have time to respond every time someone posts something like this.

[quote name='IkedaTeramusa']Amazon doesn't pricematch flash deals (except in the case of Hotline Miami where it was a bug). Period. Already been covered. You woulda had to have gotten it when it was in stock for the other sale (like 30 minutes).[/QUOTE]

Has this already been covered too then?
A sale that ends in 26 hours from now (don't know when it started)
http://store.steampowered.com/app/108500/

[quote name='tritangle']Has this already been covered too then?
A sale that ends in 26 hours from now (don't know when it started)
http://store.steampowered.com/app/108500/[/QUOTE]

Nope, and no idea if they plan to PM that. I didn't see it but that's not saying I didn't miss something. I just wasted an hour and change of my life on Duke Nuke'm forever. Apparently childhood memories are meant to be dashed.

[quote name='shezbot']Technically it's a community choice deal not a flash deal [/QUOTE]

I love technicalities.... Also guys, don't "box" Tony in. Allow him to be generous with the publisher deals he has made. We tend to "box" him in when we limit him based on what we feel is historical or right. That is why people get upset when he negotiates a lower price the week after he got us a "good" price.

If he chooses to match the Max Payne "community choice" deal it may just be because they already have the publisher deal and ran out of keys when it was offered originally.

[quote name='IkedaTeramusa']Nope, and no idea if they plan to PM that. I didn't see it but that's not saying I didn't miss something. I just wasted an hour and change of my life on Duke Nuke'm forever. Apparently childhood memories are meant to be dashed.[/QUOTE]

Is Duke Nuke'm Forever really a bad game?

I dunno, I put it down after an hour and walked away. I couldn't take it. Duke cursed but it was the same clips over and over and over and over and over. Little things like playing pool didn't work right. And while it was kinda funny it was enough that I had to walk away. I think I'm booting up Borderlands next. I was hoping DNF hate was unfounded since I played and LOVED 3D.

[quote name='iSerra']Is Duke Nuke'm Forever really a bad game?[/QUOTE]

It's an absolutely steaming pile of fuck considering it as a Duke Nukem game. It's just a regular poo-fest, below par, "rushed out the door" game if just looked at as a standard shooter.

As with so many things, it's subjective. Are Apple MacBook Pros expensive? Does Retina look better on an iPad? Does the PS3 having more exclusives make it better? Does crap stink?

The last one is the question you're posing in a more generic way. For DNF, it is crap. Does it stink? That's up to your olfactory sense. Keep in mind, though, that DNF is not your own brand. It is someone else's crap, crapped twice, then set aside on a shelf somewhere. After a few years, a completely different group comes along, takes the years old crap, consumes it, and then craps THAT out for the last time with a few modern niceties like saffron and poppy seeds.

Does that thrice-crapped crap stink?

[quote name='bwrobins']I love technicalities.... Also guys, don't "box" Tony in. Allow him to be generous with the publisher deals he has made. We tend to "box" him in when we limit him based on what we feel is historical or right. That is why people get upset when he negotiates a lower price the week after he got us a "good" price.

If he chooses to match the Max Payne "community choice" deal it may just be because they already have the publisher deal and ran out of keys when it was offered originally.[/QUOTE]

Tony mentioned earlier that he wasn't sure they would put it back on 75% again, but didn't say it wouldn't either. So its still open for a chance. Lots of month left anyways.

Oh, and Tony, I'm going though my purchase history for you and I'll just say this... I restarted purchasing PC games last August, but didn't register here until November (thanks to that crazy Square Pack) and the amount of money saved since registering here is just balls-out ridiculous! Or said another way, the money I wasted from August to say late October is just plain embarrassing, especially considering the difference in number of games purchased in the two time spans.

I do not think so.

I had an elaborate post as to why it is not a terrible game coming from someone who's been playing since Duke 2, but that post seems to have been deleted:roll: (Disagree mod?)

If you are a Duke Fan and are not expecting Duke 3D-2 (Which , while a great game is not all that amazing as people make it out to be. It's one of those things that's put up on a pedestal and people revere it like it's the golden standard. Plus it features some of the most shallow FPS design of the 90's. FIND THE SECRETS, FIND THE KEYS! DERP) ;or don't have 10+ years of built up expectations;Then there is no reason why you shouldn't enjoy the game.

Honestly, I loved DNF, it surely wasn't perfect and felt a little bit unfinished by the time it was over. But far from the amount of bad people have painted it to be, especially far from the scores it's gotten.

BUT HEY, Apples Oranges right?:applause:

[quote name='Neuro5i5']It's an absolutely steaming pile of fuck considering it as a Duke Nukem game. It's just a regular poo-fest, below par, "rushed out the door" game if just looked at as a standard shooter.[/QUOTE]

Lol at DNF being rushed out the door.

I'd say video games are a lot like tea. They have an optimal steeping time. Too short and there isn't much substance and too much and it turns bitter.

Dnf is interesting because you can feel what part of the game were designed 10 years ago and what was new. It's worth experiencing for that alone to me.

Also, the doctor dlc I've heard is very good for it.

[quote name='pROvIs']
Dnf is interesting because you can feel what part of the game were designed 10 years ago and what was new. It's worth experiencing for that alone to me.
[/QUOTE]

Yeah, it's like all the devs were doing their own thing for 10 years, got together for bowling and beer one weekend and said "Hey, you want to finish that Duke game?"...later that same weekend..."Cool, that didn't take long at all. Ship it!"

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']Just got more Bioshock keys.

Bundles should be back up in under an hour. Still waiting on MP3.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

Hi Tony,

I have been waiting the 2k shooter pack to become available again, but it is still not available.
Will we be able to see it before the promotion ends?

Thanks a lot for your amazing work :)
Alex

I think DNF is a horrible game (and I sadly played the entire game). The first one was a lot of fun but that was years ago and I think if i played it today I would find it less interesting - there have been some really good shooters over the past 15 years :)
-
For the money farcry is tons better or even serious sam (if you are looking for a cheap shooter).

[quote name='DaiMonPaul']I'd have my doubts about a 3 with all of the DLCs sold together; they still haven't done that for 2. I know that the deluxe edition of 3 contains one of the story DLCs, but is the content added by it worth the extra $5?

I'm also wondering whether 3 might be cheaper than $10 regular/$15 deluxe sometime soon. Any thoughts?[/QUOTE]

Deluxe has already been down to $12 at Gamefly during BF.

[quote name='bwrobins']I love technicalities.... Also guys, don't "box" Tony in. Allow him to be generous with the publisher deals he has made. We tend to "box" him in when we limit him based on what we feel is historical or right. That is why people get upset when he negotiates a lower price the week after he got us a "good" price.

If he chooses to match the Max Payne "community choice" deal it may just be because they already have the publisher deal and ran out of keys when it was offered originally.[/QUOTE]

Well said. :applause:

Max Payne has 10 hours left on it's sale. Going to at least give Tony 5 hours or so to match before pulling the trigger.

[quote name='alexkidd600']Hi Tony,

I have been waiting the 2k shooter pack to become available again, but it is still not available.
Will we be able to see it before the promotion ends?

Thanks a lot for your amazing work :)
Alex[/QUOTE]

Hey dude,

They were back up for like an hour or so yesterday before they sold out again.

Apparently more people were waiting for them to come back up than I thought.

Cheers,
Tony

Tony

I've got a whole village of orphans here I've been beating with SlimJims and I don't seem Condemned Criminal Origin as an EC yet. Why do you hate orphans so much?!!

Tony, huuuuge longshot but any chance you can get the Max Payne 3 season pass matched with Steam's $7.50 community choice and have it work with an EC coupon? lol

[quote name='GamingKnight']Tony, do you have my pills? I'm cold, and there are wolves after me! :cold:[/QUOTE]

LOL. Thats awesome. Timing with the other posts - spot on!

This Max Payne price is a bit sad to look at tbh. They should put it at 15$ for at least a day, i cant believe they 100% that they sold it your while price matched ;)

Hey Tony

I don't know if this has been mentioned but is Amazon going to price match the Sleeping Dogs sale on Steam it's 16.99

[quote name='nucleargenocide']price match max payne 3 or sleeping dogs for EC?[/QUOTE]

This would be really something - I think cheapest price for SD on amazon was 15$ ...

[quote name='Mippo']Can boxed copies of games register on Steam or does it have to be bought digitally? I had a boxed copy of Farcry 2, and was trying to put it on Uplay (I used the code to get it on my computer) and was not able to do so it doesn't recognize the code.

Amazon has a few games super cheap right now in the bundles that I own boxed copies for which is why I'm asking, is it worth just getting the keys for an extra $2.50 to get them on Steam? Is there any actual benefit to it or is it just personal preference?[/QUOTE]

If they are Steamworks yes, but you would know if they are because they'd require Steam anyhow. In other cases generally no though most relatively recent EA stuff can be registered to Origin.

The whole activating to Uplay and Uplay itself as a game store and client is still relatively new so it's very YMMV on that.

[quote name='MrBonk']6$ isn't good enough when it was on sale on steam? hah[/QUOTE]

When the whole Amazon SS collection was $9.99 just recently, I think waiting for

[quote name='Stonekeep']Serious Sam 3 is one of the best fps of the past years...[/QUOTE]

That final level was epic! Some Youtube vids have called it "the longest level ever"

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back