Amazon PCDD $12.49 Walking Dead ($7.49 after coupon)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amazon DVG Deals

Official Representative
Feedback
4 (100%)
Hi CAGs,

I'll be posting deals we're running on Digital Games (PC/Mac, Free to Play, Sony/Microsoft Points/Subs).

I'm also here to answer questions you might have, get you closer to the developers by hosting Q&As, setting up podcasts, live streaming gameplay etc. If I don't respond to a question you have in thread please send me a PM. These ping my email address and make it more likely that I will see your question and respond more quickly.

FYI. EA Games sold by Amazon will not activate on Steam.

Digital Holiday

1/5-1/12

The Walking Dead - $12.49 ($7.49 post coupon)

1/11-1/13:

Alice: Madness Returns: The Complete Collection - $11.99 pre coupon (6.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Dragon Age Pack PC - $12.99 pre-coupon ($7.99 after coupon) - not Steam

1/18-1/20:

Need for Speed: The Run - $8.99 ($3.99 after coupon) - not Steam
EA Sports Classic Pack - $8.99 ($3.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Syndicate - $9.99 ($4.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Crysis Maximum Maximum -$17.99 ($12.99 after coupon) - not Steam

1/13-1/19:

Tantalizing THQ Medley - $11.99 pre coupon ($6.99 after coupon) - Steam

1/11-1/12:

Darksiders Franchise Pack - $13.19 before coupon ($8.19 after coupon) - Steam
Saints Row The Third: The Full Package - $12.49 pre coupon ($7.49 after coupon) - Steam

1/29-1/31:

Burning Hot Bundle - $11.99 ($6.99 after coupon)

F.A.Q.S.:

1. Does the game I'm buying from Amazon Activate on Steam/Origin/Uplay? What DRM does the game use?

There are two places to identify DRM on a digital video game detail page:

At the top of the page, below the title:

16hm7a8.png

In the "Product Description" section:

r06ykl.jpg

2. Note on Electronic Arts Games - For the most part, EA games sold on Amazon do not activate on Steam. Most activate on Origin.

3. Note on DRM with limited activations:

Our Policy

4. Sometimes I'll do giveaways.

5. I work with developers and publishers to get fun (or at least what I think is fun) content to share with you all. Here are some examples:

a. Check out the Pax Gameplay videos here: Xcom: Enemy Unknown I played Xcom with Jake, the Creative Director for the game, a few months before the game came out Also, on this page, check out the Q&A, also a community driven event.

b. Check out the interview on this page: Borderlands 2 we did this interview at E3 with Randy Pitchford this year.

c. We've partnered with the ++GoodGames Podcast to feature many of the games we carry. They talk to the developers about the game development process, how the games are conceptualized and managed, all kinds of fun stuff. I'm working on putting together full link list and will update when I have it.

What else do we sell?

Xbox Live Points and Subscriptions:

1600 Microsoft Live Points
4000 Microsoft Live Points
12 Month XBOX Live Subscription
3 Month XBOX Live Subscription]
12 Month + 1 XBOX Live Subscription

PSN+ Subscriptions and PSN Points:

$20 PSN Points
$50 PSN Points
12 Month PSN+ Subscription
3 Month PSN+ Subscription

We also have a Free-2-Play store supported by our GameConnect technology. Gameconnect allows you to link your Amazon.com account with free-2-play and MMO accounts so that you can buy things like in game currency, premium game time/subscriptions, in game items, etc. on Amazon.com using your Amazon.com payment options and have this content delivered directly into your game.

To check out the Free-2-Play games we offer you can visit our storefront here:

Free-2-Play Store

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Woocls']Wow, I just noticed the post numbers... at what point does the thread cap? If there's no hard cap what's the soft cap when the thread starts freaking out?[/QUOTE]

Edit: And ninja'ed!

At first I read this as 'at what point does the thread crap'

I blame Toilet Tycoon.

[quote name='Fluxy']should i buy toilet tycoon even though i already have a toilet at home, i have 3 toilets at home i dont need anymore..[/QUOTE]

Sell one or two of your toilets in the "for sale" forum!

Or someone might trade you a toilet for a shower or a sink...

[quote name='Motoki']Edit: And ninja'ed!

At first I read this as 'at what point does the thread crap'

I blame Toilet Tycoon.[/QUOTE]

Speaking of......games, have you played the Escape From Paradise games yet? I see the bundle is on sale for $3.74.

edited: Oh! Wrong thread. I meant to ask you this over in the Steam thread.

I can't believe what kinda shit I buy :p Since Tony went through the work of getting this game on sale (and since it sounds disgustingly hysterical), I gotta drop a deuce on this one. Keep up the good work!

So I play 50 rounds of Toilet Tycoon (I lost btw) and I head for a bathroom break, so I walk in stare at my toilet paper and think...paper?...PAPER!...I need some MINK up in here!

Must play to understand.

[quote name='Heavenlywind']Woe is me, can't get Toilet Tycoon to work with steam overlay.. Now I can't post screen shots on steam to my friends :'(.[/QUOTE]

The free version of fraps will also so screencaps (in BMP, so you'll want to convert them to JPG in Paint or something before uploading).
http://www.fraps.com/

[quote name='Heavenlywind']Woe is me, can't get Toilet Tycoon to work with steam overlay.. Now I can't post screen shots on steam to my friends :'(.[/QUOTE]

Just post a screenie of your actual toilet. Amaze them with the texture resolution and 16x MSAA and SSAO!

[quote name='Woocls']Wow, I just noticed the post numbers... at what point does the thread cap? If there's no hard cap what's the soft cap when the thread starts freaking out?[/QUOTE]

We passed that ages ago. Aren't you getting the phantom page?

[quote name='Woodlands']We passed that ages ago. Aren't you getting the phantom page?[/QUOTE]

Phantom page is caused by people deleting their posts. It can happen any time.

Something about seeing Heavenlywind post about Toilet Tycoon amuses me.

Will it run in a window? I'll have to try when I get home but I know other games like the fabulous Mission Runway won't work with overlay for me but I can run them in a window and hit the print screen key and then paste that into Paint.

[quote name='Motoki']
Will it run in a window? I'll have to try when I get home but I know other games like the fabulous Mission Runway won't work with overlay for me but I can run them in a window and hit the print screen key and then paste that into Paint.[/QUOTE]

You don't need it to be in a window, just alt+print screen and ctrl+v away...

[quote name='Neuro5i5']Condoms are selling like hotcakes!

Not sure I want to try those hotcakes...

ttrld.png
[/QUOTE]

[quote name='razorstorm']@Tony. Do you happen to know what happen with James Bond games ? I noticed legends was out of stock a few days ago but now its gone[/QUOTE]

Seems to be an Activision thing (they also pulled all Bond games from Steam). Their license is good until 2014 but maybe they bailed out early.

[quote name='asheskitty']The free version of fraps will also so screencaps (in BMP, so you'll want to convert them to JPG in Paint or something before uploading).
http://www.fraps.com/[/QUOTE]

I use Irfanview (free!) for screencaptures and such. You can specify a key to take screenshots, save as any image type, etc.

Is amazon going to price match the encore deals? If so, I foresee another bunch of free Hotline Miami :lol:. And more importantly, Max Payne 3 at 10$

[quote name='Motoki']Something about seeing Heavenlywind post about Toilet Tycoon amuses me.

Will it run in a window? I'll have to try when I get home but I know other games like the fabulous Mission Runway won't work with overlay for me but I can run them in a window and hit the print screen key and then paste that into Paint.[/QUOTE]

There's a default utility in Win7 "Snipping Tool" that is a bit nicer than ye olde alt-printscreen-paste-crop. Still feels inadequate when you're used to MacOS' system level screenshotting capability.

[quote name='NeoGutsman']I use Irfanview (free!) for screencaptures and such. You can specify a key to take screenshots, save as any image type, etc.[/QUOTE]

Right. Thanks. Kids and their M$ Windows... ^_~

[quote name='Lone_Prodigy']Seems to be an Activision thing (they also pulled all Bond games from Steam). Their license is good until 2014 but maybe they bailed out early.[/QUOTE]
Bailed out after giving developers basically no time to make decent games and then scratching their heads when they fail and/or are lambasted critically?

:applause::applause:

All right, Mister Miracle Worker Tony-Man...

Here's an even bigger challenge than Toilet Tycoon.

I want to buy a downloadable version of this game. I'd gladly pay $2 for it. Hell, I might even go as high as $2.01.

Pull this one off, and I'll know you have Santa Claus DNA.

[quote name='Mac the Geek']All right, Mister Miracle Worker Tony-Man...

I want to buy a downloadable version of this game. I'd gladly pay $2 for it. Hell, I might even go as high as $2.01.

Pull this one off, and I'll know you have Santa Claus DNA.[/QUOTE]

Only if you bundle it with DayZ!

toilet tycoon may go down as an interesting title, but my favorite title for a game so far has to be this.

couple of discounts I stumbled across that may have gone under the radar...

- order of war @ $2.99
- tomb raider anniversary @ $2.99

Tony - any possibility of pitching world in conflict complete edition to the powers that be for a future deal?

thanks

[quote name='CheapThomas']couple of discounts I stumbled across that may have gone under the radar...

- order of war @ $2.99
[/QUOTE]

Currently cheaper "elsewhere"... Since it's a Steam key from both places, makes no difference place of purchase

[quote name='Tolyngee']Currently cheaper "elsewhere"... Since it's a Steam key from both places, makes no difference place of purchase[/QUOTE]

Plus...it's order of war...

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='CheapThomas']toilet tycoon may go down as an interesting title, but my favorite title for a game so far has to be this.[/QUOTE]

I have that game. It came in a bundle at one point. Can't bring myself to install it.

Wow, matched and put in the title! I was seriously joking... but now I can't not buy it.

Hell, I've gotten 2 dollars worth of laughs just seeing the comments in this thread.

This deal fills my bowl with happiness

[quote name='gnargnargnar']$12.99 for Dark Souls after coupon is a steal; this game has consumed me the past few days. One of the best gaming experiences I have had in a long while.

And it actually looks... good, visually, after all the community tweaks and mods (compared to the abomination that I was presented with on initial load).[/QUOTE]
Hell, I thought Dark Souls: PTD was a steal at $20, back around my birthday (in late October).

Yeah, the game's gorgeous w/ DSFix...and extremely TOUGH and BRUTAL.
I'm so looking forward to playing more Dark Souls: PTD when I get the guts to be frustrated some more...and am anticipating the upcoming Dark Souls 2.

[quote name='Mac the Geek']All right, Mister Miracle Worker Tony-Man...

Pull this one off, and I'll know you have Santa Claus DNA.[/QUOTE]

What, no love for Big Mutha Truckers 2: Truck Me Harder?

No really, that's what it's called!

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']Plus...it's order of war...

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

If we haven't "viewed" the key, will Amazon refund or give Amazon credit?

(just curious...)

PSA

For those interested in MP3, I just noticed this on reddit:

[quote name='Tvacgamer']MP3 isn't off the list, it fell off the page for some reason, we're working on getting it back up now. I'm also working on an end of month promotion for it at the 75% off pricepoint again but I don't have anything approved yet.
Cheers, Tony[/QUOTE]

[quote name='tham1988']we know anything about upcoming deals yet?
is new stuff coming up sunday since some stuff ends saturday?[/QUOTE]

IIRC....
The Walking Dead (by Telltale) = $12.49 before EC coupon / $7.49 after EC coupon next week.

I don't know what other EC sales are coming up, though.

EDIT:
[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']What if The Walking Dead was $12.49 as the deal of the week next week?

What if...

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

[quote name='CheapThomas']toilet tycoon may go down as an interesting title, but my favorite title for a game so far has to be this.

[/QUOTE]

I actually enjoyed that game. Great soundtrack, interesting gameplay.

[quote name='MysterD']IIRC:
The Walking Dead (by Telltale) = $12.49 before EC coupon / $7.49 after EC coupon next week.[/QUOTE]

good
i really hope its live sunday midnight pst
keys are going to be gone quick

[quote name='tham1988']good
i really hope its live sunday midnight pst
keys are going to be gone quick[/QUOTE]

Yeah.
Plus, TWD is a "Steamplay" game - in which you get a Steam-version of a game supporting Steamplay, you'll wind-up w/ both Windows & Mac versions for it.

[quote name='kidrocklive']If I have Dark Souls for 360 is there a reason to get it on PC?[/QUOTE]

The DLC comes with the PC version for free and the game looks 100x better than the console version when you use the DSFix mod, and no framerate problems.

[quote name='kidrocklive']If I have Dark Souls for 360 is there a reason to get it on PC?[/QUOTE]

the pc version is cheaper than the dlc
and i don't foresee the dlc going on sale ever

Dark Souls: Prepare To Die Edition PC version comes equipped w/ the Artorias of the Abyss DLC.
If you have a vanilla editions of Dark Souls on consoles, that DLC alone normally costs $15.

DSFix is a PC mod that fixes the PC version and makes it more PC-like - i.e. high resolutions and graphic bells & whistles support.
Also, low framerate issues in Blightown and other places where the game chugged w/ low framerates on the consoles are GONE from the PC version.

Also, if you are playing Dark Souls: PTD on the PC - get your X360 controller ready.
Either plug it in (if your 360 controller is USB-based) or hook up your receiver (if your 360 controller is wireless).

[quote name='KaOTiK']The DLC comes with the PC version for free and the game looks 100x better than the console version when you use the DSFix mod, and no framerate problems.[/QUOTE]

Will I have an issue running it though? This is my current set up. I read about the fix to the framerate but wasn't aware the graphics were actually so much better. I did read the DLC was included which is nice.

MS Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit SP1
Pentium Dual-Core CPU E5400 @ 2.7GHz
4GB RAM
AMD Radeon HD 6670

[quote name='MysterD']Also, if you are playing Dark Souls: PTD on the PC - get your X360 controller ready.
Either plug it in (if your 360 controller is USB-based) or hook up your receiver (if your 360 controller is wireless).[/QUOTE]

I pretty much game on my pc exclusively with a 360 controller if I can. Yeah I'm one of those anti KB&M people... lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back