Amazon PCDD $12.49 Walking Dead ($7.49 after coupon)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amazon DVG Deals

Official Representative
Feedback
4 (100%)
Hi CAGs,

I'll be posting deals we're running on Digital Games (PC/Mac, Free to Play, Sony/Microsoft Points/Subs).

I'm also here to answer questions you might have, get you closer to the developers by hosting Q&As, setting up podcasts, live streaming gameplay etc. If I don't respond to a question you have in thread please send me a PM. These ping my email address and make it more likely that I will see your question and respond more quickly.

FYI. EA Games sold by Amazon will not activate on Steam.

Digital Holiday

1/5-1/12

The Walking Dead - $12.49 ($7.49 post coupon)

1/11-1/13:

Alice: Madness Returns: The Complete Collection - $11.99 pre coupon (6.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Dragon Age Pack PC - $12.99 pre-coupon ($7.99 after coupon) - not Steam

1/18-1/20:

Need for Speed: The Run - $8.99 ($3.99 after coupon) - not Steam
EA Sports Classic Pack - $8.99 ($3.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Syndicate - $9.99 ($4.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Crysis Maximum Maximum -$17.99 ($12.99 after coupon) - not Steam

1/13-1/19:

Tantalizing THQ Medley - $11.99 pre coupon ($6.99 after coupon) - Steam

1/11-1/12:

Darksiders Franchise Pack - $13.19 before coupon ($8.19 after coupon) - Steam
Saints Row The Third: The Full Package - $12.49 pre coupon ($7.49 after coupon) - Steam

1/29-1/31:

Burning Hot Bundle - $11.99 ($6.99 after coupon)

F.A.Q.S.:

1. Does the game I'm buying from Amazon Activate on Steam/Origin/Uplay? What DRM does the game use?

There are two places to identify DRM on a digital video game detail page:

At the top of the page, below the title:

16hm7a8.png

In the "Product Description" section:

r06ykl.jpg

2. Note on Electronic Arts Games - For the most part, EA games sold on Amazon do not activate on Steam. Most activate on Origin.

3. Note on DRM with limited activations:

Our Policy

4. Sometimes I'll do giveaways.

5. I work with developers and publishers to get fun (or at least what I think is fun) content to share with you all. Here are some examples:

a. Check out the Pax Gameplay videos here: Xcom: Enemy Unknown I played Xcom with Jake, the Creative Director for the game, a few months before the game came out Also, on this page, check out the Q&A, also a community driven event.

b. Check out the interview on this page: Borderlands 2 we did this interview at E3 with Randy Pitchford this year.

c. We've partnered with the ++GoodGames Podcast to feature many of the games we carry. They talk to the developers about the game development process, how the games are conceptualized and managed, all kinds of fun stuff. I'm working on putting together full link list and will update when I have it.

What else do we sell?

Xbox Live Points and Subscriptions:

1600 Microsoft Live Points
4000 Microsoft Live Points
12 Month XBOX Live Subscription
3 Month XBOX Live Subscription]
12 Month + 1 XBOX Live Subscription

PSN+ Subscriptions and PSN Points:

$20 PSN Points
$50 PSN Points
12 Month PSN+ Subscription
3 Month PSN+ Subscription

We also have a Free-2-Play store supported by our GameConnect technology. Gameconnect allows you to link your Amazon.com account with free-2-play and MMO accounts so that you can buy things like in game currency, premium game time/subscriptions, in game items, etc. on Amazon.com using your Amazon.com payment options and have this content delivered directly into your game.

To check out the Free-2-Play games we offer you can visit our storefront here:

Free-2-Play Store

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='MysterD']My complaint w/ ME3's ending is...
...there's very little closure to Shepard and his crew's story, if you're looking for some sort of epic-style endings like we've seen in say BG2: TOB game; NWN: Hordes of the Underdark game; or even in the final LOTR: Return of the King movie. That was my real complain about the end. It's very-very abrupt. Sure, you can think about what the game might be alluding to happening (if you've been paying attention to some of the details, throughout the ME1+2 games) and how the ending is very symbolic of something else (i.e. Garden of Eden) - but you'll certainly probably want way more than what BioWare has given you.

Also, there's no real final epic boss battle, either. You don't have a boss battle fight w/ The Illusive Man at the end; or even battle some bad-ass alien at the end.
[/QUOTE]

Same here.

I didn't even need a happy ending where I single-handedly save the universe. Literally any closure for any of the characters I just spent 100 hours with would've been nice.

I may be in the minority here, but I'm not a big fan of symbolism in games.

[quote name='MysterD']
Also, there's no real final epic boss battle, either. You don't have a boss battle fight w/ The Illusive Man at the end; or even battle some bad-ass alien at the end.
[/QUOTE]

Marauder Shields was epic enough for me :)

[quote name='tjs09']Same here.

I didn't even need a happy ending where I single-handedly save the universe. Literally any closure for any of the characters I just spent 100 hours with would've been nice.

I may be in the minority here, but I'm not a big fan of symbolism in games.
[/quote]

ME3 Ending Discussion
Yeah, I had no problem w/ Shepard possibly in "most cases of the endings he dies" or "the hint at 'best ME3 ending'" has the game hints he sticks his hand out to possibly show he might've lived. We wanted full-blown closure - namely, to what happens to these characters and game-world. We've been playing as Shepard and w/ his entire crew for 3 games - and this (ME3) is supposed to be the End of Shep Trilogy. We wanted something more than what was provided to us.

While I'm fine w/ symbolism and all, this is a case where most of us wanted MORE than that. Sure, it's okay to have symbolism and allude to things - I understood the meaning of a lot of this stuff. But, we wanted more than that here. Most of this game was straight-forward in the story-telling, not loaded w/ symbolism galore. Seems...kind of inconsistent.

Also, a lot of this points at that the rumors might've been true. I don't care if that rumor was "squashed" by EA and BioWare - it seems to add up better than any other explanation I've heard for why the ending is so much different than the rest of the ME3 game and entire ME series.

i don't understand the hate on the me 3 ending
the only problem is that there is only one ending, but as someone that made the decisions in the game that would have led to that ending, i thought it was pretty good

now the reason I absolutely despise mass effect 3 is how can you possibly conclude an epic trilogy like mass effect WITHOUT EVEN INCLUDING ALL THE CHARACTERS
like what the fuck
i couldn't have possibly cared less about the characters that were in mass effect 3 that weren't even in my fucking squad in mass effect 2
wheres Jack, wheres Legion, wheres thane?
(i understand these characters have cameos but I wanted them to actually be meaningfully involved in the story)
I always cared more about the side characters than sheppard

[quote name='tham1988']i don't understand the hate on the me 3 ending
the only problem is that there is only one ending, but as someone that made the decisions in the game that would have led to that ending, i thought it was pretty good

now the reason I absolutely despise mass effect 3 is how can you possibly conclude an epic trilogy like mass effect WITHOUT EVEN INCLUDING ALL THE CHARACTERS
like what the fuck
i couldn't have possibly cared less about the characters that were in mass effect 3 that weren't even in my fucking squad in mass effect 2
wheres Jack, wheres Legion, wheres thane?
(i understand these characters have cameos but I wanted them to actually be meaningfully involved in the story)
I always cared more about the side characters than sheppard[/QUOTE]

About Jack in ME3...
...In my playthrough w/ ME3, I ran into Jack at the Cerberus Base Mission and she was turned into an actual Phantom. This was one of my complaints.
While I was absolutely fine w/ the audio-files before-hand were fleshed-out explaining what happened to Jack, I wanted a MORE unique boss battle than more-or-less fighting a Super-Duper Phantom.

[quote name='hailey']I've never played 3 but even ME fans say to avoid it. I thought ME 1 was one of the promising new RPGs when it came out on 360, and I thought ME2 was pretty mediocre since it took out tons of rpg elements and was basically a cover shooter, and even the story was scaled back from an interesting space opera to whatever you would call the ME2 story

I regret missing out on the ME1 deal on steam would love to replay it on pc[/QUOTE]

ME2 was the best in the franchise if you ask me. ME1 had the most RPG elements, but the combat part of it needed refining. Playing ME1 after having played ME2 or ME3 is just a chore. ME2 had the right balance of shooter/RPG. As a big ME fan I wouldn't say avoid ME3, just be aware that with the ending Bioware decided to go against the whole point of the Mass Effect series where your choices throughout the game matter in the end, and pulled the artistic freedom excuse, "this is our game, we want to end it like a generic game that isn't about player choice regardless of it being a Mass Effect game."

If you're getting ME3 definitely get From Ashes. I have no clue why that wasn't included as part of the base game seeing as how the companion you get with that DLC has a direct connection to the enemy you are fighting and has a lot of intel on that enemy.

Edit:
[quote name='tham1988']i don't understand the hate on the me 3 ending
the only problem is that there is only one ending, but as someone that made the decisions in the game that would have led to that ending, i thought it was pretty good[/QUOTE]

That's why there's so much hate. I had the perfect save imports each time, so by ME3 I had in my eyes the perfect game. Importing your save from ME1 to ME2, then ME2 to ME3, you get an ending that takes all your choices throughout the game, and throws them out the airlock. For example,
you can achieve peace between the Geth and Quarians, but then you have the Catalyst telling you that the Reapers kill all advanced organic life to prevent the cycle of organics creating synthetics that end up killing all organics. Basically keeping everything in check. I just created peace between the Quarians and Geth, and you don't think that maybe the cycle is breaking?

With all the talk about ME3 I have to agree, almost to the point of me saying that ME3 made me not like the series at all. I absolutely loved ME1 and 2. 3 just entirely fell short to me. Gameplay was good but the rest just fell short. Maybe when they do the next one it will be better and make "ammends" for me. But even so, this was supposed to be the climax of 3 games.

Hmmm are they still giving away the freebie content for The Secret World? I might bite now that it would be $12.99 again. Really hoping for a deal on Guild Wars 2. Should have bitten at $30 on that.

[quote name='meeko2']I dont see any TSW rage? didnt you guys noticed it got to editor's choice? glad i waited![/QUOTE]

It was editors choice when we all got it for $13 on the 1st of the year.

[quote name='lnknprk']ME2 was the best in the franchise if you ask me. ME1 had the most RPG elements, but the combat part of it needed refining. Playing ME1 after having played ME2 or ME3 is just a chore. ME2 had the right balance of shooter/RPG. As a big ME fan I wouldn't say avoid ME3, just be aware that with the ending Bioware decided to go against the whole point of the Mass Effect series where your choices throughout the game matter in the end, and pulled the artistic freedom excuse, "this is our game, we want to end it like a generic game that isn't about player choice regardless of it being a Mass Effect game."[/quote]
Rumor was a lot of the BioWare writers were upset that the ending pulled entirely away from them.
Even though that "rumor" was "squashed" by both EA and BioWare - to me, if that rumor is really true, that would explain why A LOT of ME3 ending is so different than the rest of the entire series.

Sure, there could possibly be other reasons the ending is so different and quite rushed, and maybe the above didn't happened - i.e. BioWare and/or EA forced the game out of the door early to try and get the game onto the market.

Maybe it's both reasons.
Maybe there's A LOT of more reasons than the above guesses.
Maybe none of the above occurred - and there's different other reasons entirely.

So, who knows. We'll never know the whole true story. {shrug}
All I know - ME3's last 10 minutes are terrible, IMHO!

But, given the price for ME3 Regular or Digital Deluxe currently on Amazon DVG, you can't go wrong for 99.9% of the game! The rest of the game is all kinds of awesome.

If you're getting ME3 definitely get From Ashes. I have no clue why that wasn't included as part of the base game seeing as how the companion you get with that DLC has a direct connection to the enemy you are fighting and has a lot of intel on that enemy.
I think that $10 on-disc DLC price-tag grab is why From Ashes was pulled. ;)

[quote name='MysterD']Rumor was a lot of the BioWare writers were upset that the ending pulled entirely away from them.
Even though that "rumor" was "squashed" by both EA and BioWare - to me, if that rumor is really true, that would explain why A LOT of ME3 ending is so different than the rest of the entire series.

Sure, there could possibly be other reasons the ending is so different and quite rushed, and maybe the above didn't happened - i.e. BioWare and/or EA forced the game out of the door early to try and get the game onto the market.

Maybe it's both reasons.
Maybe there's A LOT of more reasons.
Maybe there's different other reasons entirely.

So, who knows. We'll never know the whole true story. {shrug}
All I know - ME3's last 10 minutes are terrible, IMHO!

That $10 on-disc DLC price-tag grab is why it was pulled. ;)[/QUOTE]

they totally re did the ending, even if you dont go back and play the ending, you might want to watch it on youtube or whatnot. It is much more satisfying now.

Also, the Leviathan DLC (watched it on Giantbomb.com) is a GAME CHANGER to the ending. Like it's DLC that completely changes your viewpoint in the ending. It explains SOOOO MUCH.

Get that, too, for the real complete ME3. or don't because it's stupid that Leviathan or From Ashes were not included when they were almost mandatory.

I could have gone for a simple "everything goes boom", Shepard walks out from the rubble, everyone gets medals and *CHEERS*. The End.

Also, the Leviathan DLC (watched it on Giantbomb.com) is a GAME CHANGER to the ending. Like it's DLC that completely changes your viewpoint in the ending. It explains SOOOO MUCH.

Get that, too, for the real complete ME3. or don't because it's stupid that Leviathan or From Ashes were not included when they were almost mandatory.

I could have gone for a simple "everything goes boom", Shepard walks out from the rubble, everyone gets medals and *CHEERS*. The End.

[quote name='MysterD']ME3 Ending Discussion
Yeah, I had no problem w/ Shepard possibly in "most cases of the endings he dies" or "the hint at 'best ME3 ending'" has the game hints he sticks his hand out to possibly show he might've lived. We wanted full-blown closure - namely, to what happens to these characters and game-world. We've been playing as Shepard and w/ his entire crew for 3 games - and this (ME3) is supposed to be the End of Shep Trilogy. We wanted something more than what was provided to us.

While I'm fine w/ symbolism and all, this is a case where most of us wanted MORE than that. Sure, it's okay to have symbolism and allude to things - I understood the meaning of a lot of this stuff. But, we wanted more than that here. Most of this game was straight-forward in the story-telling, not loaded w/ symbolism galore. Seems...kind of inconsistent.

Also, a lot of this points at that the rumors might've been true. I don't care if that rumor was "squashed" by EA and BioWare - it seems to add up better than any other explanation I've heard for why the ending is so much different than the rest of the ME3 game and entire ME series.
[/QUOTE]

ME3 Ending Discussion
That does make a lot of sense considering how out of place the ending feels. Drew Karpyshyn's ending was so much more organic and was actually hinted at in ME2, it's a shame he didn't get to end the series he started

Karp's Ending
http://www.strategyinformer.com/news/17086/mass-effect-writer-drew-karpyshyn-reveals-original-mass-effect-3-endings

[quote name='MysterD']About Jack in ME3...
...In my playthrough w/ ME3, I ran into Jack at the Cerberus Base Mission and she was turned into an actual Phantom. This was one of my complaints.
While I was absolutely fine w/ the audio-files before-hand were fleshed-out explaining what happened to Jack, I wanted a MORE unique boss battle than more-or-less fighting a Super-Duper Phantom.
[/QUOTE]

I'm guessing you weren't too nice to her in ME2?

[quote name='lnknprk']ME2 was the best in the franchise if you ask me. ME1 had the most RPG elements, but the combat part of it needed refining. Playing ME1 after having played ME2 or ME3 is just a chore. ME2 had the right balance of shooter/RPG. As a big ME fan I wouldn't say avoid ME3, just be aware that with the ending Bioware decided to go against the whole point of the Mass Effect series where your choices throughout the game matter in the end, and pulled the artistic freedom excuse, "this is our game, we want to end it like a generic game that isn't about player choice regardless of it being a Mass Effect game."

If you're getting ME3 definitely get From Ashes. I have no clue why that wasn't included as part of the base game seeing as how the companion you get with that DLC has a direct connection to the enemy you are fighting and has a lot of intel on that enemy.[/QUOTE]

I actually like ME1's combat more than the others.

I loved having to worry about overheating instead of ammo
I liked being able to quick pause the game and supermicromanage at any time
The HUD was so much simpler
I liked having a ton of slightly different weapons and upgrades to choose from
ME2 & ME3 were too much shooter, not enough RPG for me

[quote name='TheKbob']Also, the Leviathan DLC (watched it on Giantbomb.com) is a GAME CHANGER to the ending. Like it's DLC that completely changes your viewpoint in the ending. It explains SOOOO MUCH.

I could have gone for a simple "everything goes boom", Shepard walks out from the rubble, everyone gets medals and *CHEERS*. The End.[/QUOTE]

Now, if only BioWare and EA would release a ME2 Complete Edition (since that was never released) + ME3 Complete Edition (once they're done w/ releasing all the DLC).

Hell, I'd even be happy w/ a ME2 DLC Only Box or ME3 DLC Only Box, when they're done w/ all the DLC for the game.

I really don't like how BioWare and EA been handling DLC - i.e. buy BioWare Points first; and then buy DLC directly via the BioWare Store. I's rather just want to pay for content via CC in straight USD, dammit. DLC prices remain high and hardly even go on sale - which stinks for consumers, but is great for BioWare and EA.

[quote name='tjs09']ME3 Ending Discussion
That does make a lot of sense considering how out of place the ending feels. Drew Karpyshyn's ending was so much more organic and was actually hinted at in ME2, it's a shame he didn't get to end the series he started

Karp's Ending
http://www.strategyinformer.com/news/17086/mass-effect-writer-drew-karpyshyn-reveals-original-mass-effect-3-endings
[/quote]
Thanks for the insight on Karp's original plans for ME3 ending! I missed that - interesting.

I'm guessing you weren't too nice to her in ME2?
Correct. Jack was a pretty cool character - but I was definitely giving more of my attention to Tali in ME2.
Also...
...I didn't do Jack's Academy Mission.

[quote name='oscargrouch']Hmmm are they still giving away the freebie content for The Secret World? I might bite now that it would be $12.99 again. Really hoping for a deal on Guild Wars 2. Should have bitten at $30 on that.[/QUOTE]

I know they extended the sale on game time that was supposed to end December 31 to January 7th. Presumably this applied to the free bonuses and such that were also supposed to end December 31 but I don't know anyone who bought it today that can say for sure.

dec_gametime.png

During December you can get 30% off your purchase of additional membership time.

This offer is only available until Jan 7 2013 so act now to avoid missing out.

Also keep in mind they are on Norway time and I'm not sure if the promotion is lasting until January 7th what time of day on their time it will flip off.

Right now it's 6PM on Sunday 1/6 in Norway. I'm not sure if they will flip it off at midnight their time (in 6 hours) or some time in the morning Monday for them (12-ish hours plus).

[quote name='meeko2']I dont see any TSW rage? didnt you guys noticed it got to editor's choice? glad i waited![/QUOTE]

its been there the whole time...

Hmmm, I just don't know about TSW. I was really looking at getting it so I could play with you guys but I've also been hearing mixed things about it. I'm don't play a lot of mmo's and I only have 2 $5 coupons so I think i'm going to pass on this one. I'm probably going to get the 2k mega pack and I was looking at battlefield 3 premium but I haven't really played much of that online since I got it. I might just wait and see if there is anything else that shows up later that interests me

[quote name='MysterD']Now, if only BioWare and EA would release a ME2 Complete Edition (since that was never released) + ME3 Complete Edition (once they're done w/ releasing all the DLC).

Hell, I'd even be happy w/ a ME2 DLC Only Box or ME3 DLC Only Box, when they're done w/ all the DLC for the game.

I really don't like how BioWare and EA been handling DLC - i.e. buy BioWare Points first; and then buy DLC directly via the BioWare Store. I's rather just want to pay for content via CC in straight USD, dammit. DLC prices remain high and hardly even go on sale - which stinks for consumers, but is great for BioWare and EA.[/QUOTE]

I think the closest is the PS3 version of ME2. It has all the DLC except Arrival, which was released after the release of the game on PS3.

[quote name='Idiotekque']Sucks how the original Alice is never sold by itself. Because of how often Madness Returns has been on sale everywhere else (Steam, GG, Amazon), most who are interested in the series (like myself) already have Madness Returns.

I'm in the same boat as Suntoast, and I'm guessing we're not the only ones.[/QUOTE]

I need only the original, as well.

[quote name='lnknprk']I think the closest is the PS3 version of ME2. It has all the DLC except Arrival, which was released after the release of the game on PS3.[/QUOTE]

Right.
But, I'm mainly talking about PC here - since this is a PC thread and since I'm nowadays strictly a PC gamer.

I think I've missed something. In the OP is notes the "post-coupon" prices. What/where is the coupon?

Edit: Nevermind. I didn't realize it was the $5 credit you got for buying games during the holiday. Already used mine, sadly.

[quote name='Neuro5i5']Tony's sig...[/QUOTE]

Most normal people turn those off. Who cares what random Internet dude's gamer score is?

[quote name='BNoyes']I think I've missed something. In the OP is notes the "post-coupon" prices. What/where is the coupon?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='timtheterrible']Sorry if I'm a bit behind, but where is this coupon the OP speaks of? I don't see anything about it in the Amazon links.[/QUOTE]

Did you buy any games in Nov-Dec 2012 from Amazon DVG?
If "YES" - check your e-mail (that you tied to your Amazon account) for how many $5 off Editors Choice coupons you might have.

Those $5 off EC coupons can be used ONLY on Amazon DVG PC game downloads appearing on THIS LIST throughout this month of January 2012:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.ht..._t=1401&pf_rd_p=1327048962&pf_rd_i=1000741551

EDIT:
Watch the first post in this thread especially and anything that Tony (Amazon DVG Deals) actually posts and says here, for what games get extra limited-time sale prices while on the EC and for what games might get added to the list.

The indoctrination theory makes the Mass Effect 3 ending much more interesting. I hope that the last dlc will not only confirm the indoctrination theory but will flush out the ending as well.

After playing through ME3 I went back and played ME2 and ME1. I think the gameplay on ME3 is the best, story on ME2, and RPG elements on ME1.

[quote name='oscargrouch']Hmmm are they still giving away the freebie content for The Secret World? I might bite now that it would be $12.99 again. Really hoping for a deal on Guild Wars 2. Should have bitten at $30 on that.[/QUOTE]I bought a copy for my girlfriend about an hour ago and she got the promo items, so I think if you buy one, you'll get one too.

All this Secret World talk is temping but I fail to see the appeal. The rating are just ok but you guys seem crazy for it. What's the appeal?

[quote name='aus_nacht']All this Secret World talk is temping but I fail to see the appeal. The rating are just ok but you guys seem crazy for it. What's the appeal?[/QUOTE]

Okay, keep in mind - I was in the TSW Beta (week before it got released to Retail). I don't know how much different the game is now since it was in Beta - but I spent like 10 hours or so with it.

TSW's big appeal is the typical Funcom excellence in this stuff - amazing story itself and amazing storytelling; fantastic characters; great voice-acting; extremely well-written dialogue; and excellent game-worlds themselves. Their games usually consist of these - i.e. see TLJ and Dreamfall, for example. TSW (Beta) definitely upheld typical Funcom tradition here, if you ask me.

My question w/ Funcom -> it seems to, of late, be gameplay - see Dreamfall and TSW.
I don't know what it is w/ them - but gameplay and combat often is not-so-great with them and some of their recent games.

TSW's biggest problem for me in the Beta was the combat felt very clunky and floaty. You couldn't bind attacks to your left mouse, either - which I found odd (since most games put main attack THERE).
Also, I was NOT fond of lack of quest variety early on - i.e. Kill X enemies; kill X enemies in a certain fashion; find X locations; find X people; etc etc.
Also, around that time, I played Dead Island & all of its DLC's - and at that time, I really wasn't up for Kingsmouth (an area in TSW) being loaded w/ a Zombie Apocalypse.

Went in and bought two more copies of The Walking Dead yesterday (three total from Amazon :D) . Gifted one to a buddy and will gift the other (plus Civ V and the God's expansion from the strategy pack) to my other friend for his birthday later this month. Thanks for making my gift shopping cheaper, Tony! :D

[quote name='MysterD']Okay, keep in mind - I was in the TSW Beta (week before it got released to Retail). I don't know how much different the game is now since it was in Beta - but I spent like 10 hours or so with it.

TSW's big appeal is the typical Funcom excellence in this stuff - amazing story itself and amazing storytelling; fantastic characters; great voice-acting; extremely well-written dialogue; and excellent game-worlds themselves. Their games usually consist of these - i.e. see TLJ and Dreamfall, for example. TSW (Beta) definitely upheld typical Funcom tradition here, if you ask me.

My question w/ Funcom -> it seems to, of late, be gameplay - see Dreamfall and TSW.
I don't know what it is w/ them - but gameplay and combat often is not-so-great with them and some of their recent games.

TSW's biggest problem for me in the Beta was the combat felt very clunky and floaty. You couldn't bind attacks to your left mouse, either - which I found odd (since most games put main attack THERE).
Also, I was NOT fond of lack of quest variety early on - i.e. Kill X enemies; kill X enemies in a certain fashion; find X locations; find X people; etc etc.
Also, around that time, I played Dead Island & all of its DLC's - and at that time, I really wasn't up for Kingsmouth (an area in TSW) being loaded w/ a Zombie Apocalypse.[/QUOTE]I hated Dead Island, but I'm loving the Secret World. I get the feeling a lot of the extra stuff that elevates the game wasn't out when you played.

For instance, the investigation missions require some interesting mental gymnastics, some stealth/platforming stuff, etc. It's one of the most varied MMOs I've ever played.

The combat isn't quite as fluid as Guild Wars 2, but I like it well enough for the extra customization and such.

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']Yeah we are, not matching right now though because, at minimum, we'll have that price, and it MAY be added to the EC list (still figuring it out). Remember the last time we sold the franchise pack for $13.19 and then applied a coupon to it? We had 4098324438480928423094823 pages of rage.

Like I said, at minimum, it'll be a DOTW in Jan, I'm giving it a better than 50% chance of making it into EC. Call it like 65% likely.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]
Thank you for your response on this, Tony. I am quite interested in seeing this happen, hopefully it does. I have only had Max Payne 3 to buy with my numerous coupons so far!

[quote name='MysterD']About Jack in ME3...
[/QUOTE]

if you do the biotics academy rescue early enough you save her
actually she is a teacher there,there is some backstory at least if she was your romantic interest-and she becomes an asset with the biotic students team

[quote name='IkedaTeramusa']People.. seriously..

The Promo items for TSW are not the same as Issue 5 and the DLC.

Every time someone disseminates bad info, a puppy is killed.[/QUOTE]DLC 5 is also free on the store for her. So... You should chill, bro.

[quote name='Das_Regal']I hated Dead Island, but I'm loving the Secret World. I get the feeling a lot of the extra stuff that elevates the game wasn't out when you played.

For instance, the investigation missions require some interesting mental gymnastics, some stealth/platforming stuff, etc. It's one of the most varied MMOs I've ever played.

The combat isn't quite as fluid as Guild Wars 2, but I like it well enough for the extra customization and such.[/QUOTE]

There was a platforming/stealth mission in TSW Beta, which I liked...
It's when you go in the building; avoid the laser beams; and avoid the camera - or the building blows-up. It's early on in Kingsmouth.

I was also in GW2 Beta - and yeah, that game's combat felt really good. :D Also, I liked the way the questing in the game-world w/ tons of players was handled (everybody is on this one map and they are all working together to get objectives done, even if they aren't in a party together) and the decision-making you could make in your "instanced" personal quests.

Thank God for NDA's.

[quote name='puffy']
if you do the biotics academy rescue early enough you save her
actually she is a teacher there,there is some backstory at least if she was your romantic interest-and she becomes an asset with the biotic students team
[/QUOTE]
I did read up on that, yes - since I didn't take those choices.

But, that still doesn't help my play-through, where I...
...had a generic boss-battle in ME3 where Jack is (more or less) a Super-Duper Phantom.
They should've done more w/ her and making her a more unique bad-ass enemy in ME3, in that regard - since she was such an interesting & important character in ME2.
Seems like a wasted opportunity, to me...

[quote name='oscargrouch']Hmmm are they still giving away the freebie content for The Secret World? I might bite now that it would be $12.99 again. Really hoping for a deal on Guild Wars 2. Should have bitten at $30 on that.[/QUOTE][quote name='Motoki']I know they extended the sale on game time that was supposed to end December 31 to January 7th. Presumably this applied to the free bonuses and such that were also supposed to end December 31 but I don't know anyone who bought it today that can say for sure.[/QUOTE]
Keep in mind that the Initiate Pack bonuses really aren't a deal breaker either way. A few newbie weapons you'll quickly outgrow (and aren't at all necessary for the first couple levels anyway since they're quite easy), an ornamental pet and some faction jackets that everyone else will be owning anyway. I mean, all things being equal, if you were offered both for the same price you'd want the extra swag but the lack of it shouldn't deter anyone from buying the game.

The extra Issue (plot expansion) won't matter to you until later and you can decide then if it's worth what'll essentially be a $5 DLC purchase. Plenty to do without it since it hasn't even been released yet.

[quote name='MysterD']I was also in GW2 Beta - and yeah, that game's combat felt really good. :D Also, I liked the way the questing in the game-world w/ tons of players was handled (everybody is on this one map and they are all working together to get objectives done, even if they aren't in a party together) and the decision-making you could make in your "instanced" personal quests.

Thank God for NDA's.[/QUOTE]

That was great. Oddly enough, a lot of times in an MMO people don't want to go through the hassle of partying up. Whether it's because they are shy, intimidated, I don't know, it just happens more than it should in an MMO, but that way of questing took the awkward partying up easy. Just walk into the area and get to working. The only problem is that later on as you level that starts happening less since.

[quote name='asheskitty']This! I really don't get what all the omg-hard talk is about, but then again I've been gaming since games were hard and quarters were few. The DS:pTD death penalty less than in Diablo II.[/QUOTE]

Well, yeah. When you die in Diablo II you have to make a new character.

(Everyone did play Hardcore, right?)

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back