Amazon PCDD $12.49 Walking Dead ($7.49 after coupon)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amazon DVG Deals

Official Representative
Feedback
4 (100%)
Hi CAGs,

I'll be posting deals we're running on Digital Games (PC/Mac, Free to Play, Sony/Microsoft Points/Subs).

I'm also here to answer questions you might have, get you closer to the developers by hosting Q&As, setting up podcasts, live streaming gameplay etc. If I don't respond to a question you have in thread please send me a PM. These ping my email address and make it more likely that I will see your question and respond more quickly.

FYI. EA Games sold by Amazon will not activate on Steam.

Digital Holiday

1/5-1/12

The Walking Dead - $12.49 ($7.49 post coupon)

1/11-1/13:

Alice: Madness Returns: The Complete Collection - $11.99 pre coupon (6.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Dragon Age Pack PC - $12.99 pre-coupon ($7.99 after coupon) - not Steam

1/18-1/20:

Need for Speed: The Run - $8.99 ($3.99 after coupon) - not Steam
EA Sports Classic Pack - $8.99 ($3.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Syndicate - $9.99 ($4.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Crysis Maximum Maximum -$17.99 ($12.99 after coupon) - not Steam

1/13-1/19:

Tantalizing THQ Medley - $11.99 pre coupon ($6.99 after coupon) - Steam

1/11-1/12:

Darksiders Franchise Pack - $13.19 before coupon ($8.19 after coupon) - Steam
Saints Row The Third: The Full Package - $12.49 pre coupon ($7.49 after coupon) - Steam

1/29-1/31:

Burning Hot Bundle - $11.99 ($6.99 after coupon)

F.A.Q.S.:

1. Does the game I'm buying from Amazon Activate on Steam/Origin/Uplay? What DRM does the game use?

There are two places to identify DRM on a digital video game detail page:

At the top of the page, below the title:

16hm7a8.png

In the "Product Description" section:

r06ykl.jpg

2. Note on Electronic Arts Games - For the most part, EA games sold on Amazon do not activate on Steam. Most activate on Origin.

3. Note on DRM with limited activations:

Our Policy

4. Sometimes I'll do giveaways.

5. I work with developers and publishers to get fun (or at least what I think is fun) content to share with you all. Here are some examples:

a. Check out the Pax Gameplay videos here: Xcom: Enemy Unknown I played Xcom with Jake, the Creative Director for the game, a few months before the game came out Also, on this page, check out the Q&A, also a community driven event.

b. Check out the interview on this page: Borderlands 2 we did this interview at E3 with Randy Pitchford this year.

c. We've partnered with the ++GoodGames Podcast to feature many of the games we carry. They talk to the developers about the game development process, how the games are conceptualized and managed, all kinds of fun stuff. I'm working on putting together full link list and will update when I have it.

What else do we sell?

Xbox Live Points and Subscriptions:

1600 Microsoft Live Points
4000 Microsoft Live Points
12 Month XBOX Live Subscription
3 Month XBOX Live Subscription]
12 Month + 1 XBOX Live Subscription

PSN+ Subscriptions and PSN Points:

$20 PSN Points
$50 PSN Points
12 Month PSN+ Subscription
3 Month PSN+ Subscription

We also have a Free-2-Play store supported by our GameConnect technology. Gameconnect allows you to link your Amazon.com account with free-2-play and MMO accounts so that you can buy things like in game currency, premium game time/subscriptions, in game items, etc. on Amazon.com using your Amazon.com payment options and have this content delivered directly into your game.

To check out the Free-2-Play games we offer you can visit our storefront here:

Free-2-Play Store

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='tham1988']well 5 editor's choice coupons used, 4 left[/QUOTE]

Could you please try editing your previous posts to include your new posts? I'm not trying to be nitpicky, but you constantly double post.

All these people talking about getting TSW and free content. Is the game even that active anymore? I had a lot of interest in it but haven't heard any rumblings about it lately until this thread.

I take it those who had the game by today got some free content?

Yea, the people who announced earlier that they got it. But remember they are out of Europe primarily so there may be timezone differences.

I've played since they announced B2P and the game is constantly filled with people. Will it hold people after a couple of weeks when people are maxed? Who knows. But it's B2P so I play it at my leisure. I squeeze games in or not whenever it's convenient. Best part, if I'm bored, I can hope in 10 months from now and still be around....

[quote name='Killbomb']The worst part about dying in Dark Souls to me is trudging back through enemies you've already beaten to try to get back to a boss. Usually there's somewhat of a shortcut but it can still be a pain.

Also, if you play the game "blind" (no wiki or guide) it can become very frustrating since you can easily waste souls on useless stats and some key items are very difficult to find on your own. For example, there is no way to know which weapon to level up to use a Boss soul without checking a guide or wasting materials. I do love the game and I'm not saying they should hand us everything on a platter in DS2 but a little more clarification/direction regarding certain game mechanics would be appreciated.[/QUOTE]

I think this is EXACTLY what they are trying to do in DS2. Because it is one of the most unneccessarily frustrating things in DS. Seriously it's annoying.

Also: I hate that EA didn't include ALL DLC for every game in the trilogy. It takes the Trilogy bundle from being a MUST BUY , into , Seriously ? This is a waste of fucking time.

[quote name='MrBonk']I think this is EXACTLY what they are trying to do in DS2. Because it is one of the most unneccessarily frustrating things in DS. Seriously it's annoying.
[/QUOTE]

In other words, you guys want the game dumbed down into oblivion so you don't have to work your way thru it.

At this rate DS2 is going to be but a pale shadow of the original.

So sad.

[quote name='DonRamon']In other words, you guys want the game dumbed down into oblivion so you don't have to work your way thru it.

So sad.[/QUOTE]
No, I want the game to be less poorly designed in EXPLAINING THE GOD DAMN GAME MECHANICS.

You can work around it, but that doesn't stop it from being poor design.

What is so wrong with a Mega Man X style intro section that introduces you to all the game mechanics in a way that isn't a terrible tutorial? Or an in game encyclopedia that actually EXPLAINS shit?

And fucking seriously, since when does "Hard game=good game"?:roll:
Let alone one that explains how anything works = dumbed down?

You want a real example of Dumbed down look at Crysis 2 multiplayer compared to Crysis 3 Mulitplayer. THAT is dumbed down, instead of doing what I hope DS2 does; actually explain shit to people so they understand; they just took energy management(Which is what really took skill and separated the good players from the bad in C2) and dumbed it to be non existent down because noob players couldn't jump in the game and do well because they didn't know what the fuck to do. They think the player base died because of this. Which is moronic at best. It died off because they took a broken game and broke it more with balance changes trying to listen to the people who didn't understand the game mechanics instead of fixing what was broken with it. And that's partly their fault because the game and it's manual has next to no information on how integral game mechanics worked in MP.

Asking for information to explain game mechanics =dumbed down and not =actually useful information for everyone? Yeah that TOTALLY MAKES SENSE.

... sometimes there are people that just don't get it ...

It's COOL not to get it... but just understand that you don't get it and you don't like it and move on.

[quote name='MrBonk']No, I want the game to be less poorly designed in EXPLAINING THE GOD DAMN GAME MECHANICS.

You can work around it, but that doesn't stop it from being poor design.

What is so wrong with a Mega Man X style intro section that introduces you to all the game mechanics in a way that isn't a terrible tutorial? Or an in game encyclopedia that actually EXPLAINS shit?

Let alone one that explains how anything works = dumbed down?[/QUOTE]

No need to yell to get your point across, people will listen to you better that way.

The deal here is this, if you have to discover the game mechanics by yourself, wasting some in-game resources in the way in a first run, perhaps you will be wanting to have a second because now you know a more efficient way to do things, and then maybe a third, and due to the sheer amount of character combinations, possibly more.

This poses a problem for some people, they suffer from ADD

Attention Deficit Disorder

They want the game beaten, right now, right this moment, so they can move onto the next thing. That is all there is to it. Example, when this guy says:
Killbomb The worst part about dying in Dark Souls to me is trudging back through enemies you've already beaten to try to get back to a boss.
You can see it, right there. How are you going to grind for level and resources to make your character strong if the enemies disappear so you can have a red carpet all the way to the boss??

That is the problem with modern gamers, they can't endure a game anymore.

EDIT.
Missed this bit
Since the time when working to achieve something brought you satisfaction?? Regardless of how involved you are in the instant gratification culture, this applies to every aspect in life, but pertaining to games. first question would be, do you even remember that age of gaming??

[quote name='woodcan']Damn, I thought I had through end of today to get Dark Souls for $19.99-$5 coupon code.
Oh well.[/QUOTE]

yeah dude. I know the feeling :cry: I was going to buy today.I thought deal was supposed to last until 6th January. I even bought a controller just for this game. Now the deal is gone. :cry::cry::cry:
TONY any chance Dark souls coming back. :roll:

It seems that there are 3 things people should never argue about. Religion, Politics and Dark Souls.

For some reason everyone is either:

OMG IT'S THE BEST GAME EVER AND IF YOU DON'T THINK SO YOU SUCK!!!

or

OMG IT'S THE WORST GAME EVER AND IF YOU DON'T THINK SO YOU SUCK!!!

about that game.

[quote name='Larce80']I dont even know what DS2 is and why this is in Amazon PCDD tbh[/QUOTE]

Somebody suggested to Tony about having two different threads, one for on topic matters, Amazon deals, and one for out of topic matters, community discussion.

He said it was impossible, but it surely would be nice.

[quote name='DonRamon']In other words, you guys want the game dumbed down into oblivion so you don't have to work your way thru it.

So sad.[/QUOTE]

I don't think simplifying weapon upgrading would dumb it down. I personally think stat adjusting is a pointless concept since you can just farm your way into easy-ville.

I think it would actually be better if we actually had to hunt down upgrades instead of soul farming. Grinding isn't a challenge; it's just tedious in any game. It already has some well placed items to find, so it's just the upgrading they need to change. I'd like to have a Metroidvania style item approach that forces you to find a certain item to deal with a certain challenge instead of just farming up enough souls to adapt any one weapon to anything.

Everything in the game was great as is though. They just need to remove any incentive to grind souls.

Edit: Sorry for contributing to the "off topic-ness"

[quote name='60fps']I don't think simplifying weapon upgrading would dumb it down. I personally think stat adjusting is a pointless concept since you can just farm your way into easy-ville.

I think it would actually be better if we actually had to hunt down upgrades instead of soul farming. Grinding isn't a challenge; it's just tedious in any game. It already has some well placed items to find, so it's just the upgrading they need to change. I'd like to have a Metroidvania style item approach that forces you to find a certain item to deal with a certain challenge instead of just farming up enough souls to adapt any one weapon to anything.

Everything in the game was great as is though. They just need to remove any incentive to grind souls.

Edit: Sorry for contributing to the "off topic-ness"[/QUOTE]

Since it's obvious it's oot, this is my last post about the matter.

It's very simple really, whenever you argue in favor of the simplification of something, you are implying you can't handle the more complicated aspects of it and therefore you need it in a simpler form.

There just isn't any way around that.

Now, grinding for souls, it really isn't that different from what you find in other RPG games when you grind for experience, gold, loot, items, whenever incarnation you see them into. Grinding for resources is a necessary aspect of any RPG game worth it's weight in salt, it's always been like that and will always will like that, unless you want a simpler form of it, but then don't go calling it RPG, call it something else.

For the record, I've found the amount of grinding on DS to be on average with most RPG games I've played. It is not excessive, it is not too little.

The game provides what's necessary on the moment you need it.

If you start a game and right away go after a black knight, obviously it's next to impossible.

[quote name='heroes159']yeah dude. I know the feeling :cry: I was going to buy today.I thought deal was supposed to last until 6th January. I even bought a controller just for this game. Now the deal is gone. :cry::cry::cry:
TONY any chance Dark souls coming back. :roll:[/QUOTE]

Well, it is 19.99 on steam right now, so you could try to suggest a PM, even though it wouldn't be cheap as before w/ the coupon (14.99 vs 12.99). Try the "suggest a lower price" button on the amazon page for it. Of course, it might not be PM'd since it was just on sale or might come back.

[quote name='Motoki']It seems that there are 3 things people should never argue about. Religion, Politics and Dark Souls.

For some reason everyone is either:

or

about that game.[/QUOTE]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P9EhvDAMjWc

[quote name='RiseFromYourGrave']Well, it is 19.99 on steam right now, so you could try to suggest a PM, even though it wouldn't be cheap as before w/ the coupon (14.99 vs 12.99). Try the "suggest a lower price" button on the amazon page for it. Of course, it might not be PM'd since it was just on sale or might come back.[/QUOTE]

It will be $19.99 again in an hour or so.

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']It will be $19.99 again in an hour or so.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

It's a new year and the hamsters just can't get a rest, can they?

[quote name='asheskitty']TSW is a 15GB download. It takes 37 GB of disk space.[/QUOTE]

could somebody clarify what this means?
can you delete some of the 37gb once it is installed?
or does it go from 15 to 37 once its installed?

[quote name='tham1988']could somebody clarify what this means?
or does it go from 15 to 37 once its installed?[/QUOTE]

You can think of it as the game install file unzipping from 15 gb to 37 gb.

Pretty sure you can't delete anything. The RDB folder in Program Files contains 36 1gb data files which, I believe, are all essential. I don't know how a 15gb dl became 37gb, but I was pretty shocked when I had to delete even more junk off my HDD for TSW...

Compression.

[quote name='darksurtur']You can think of it as the game install file unzipping from 15 gb to 37 gb.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='MrBonk']Compression.[/QUOTE]

thats what i thought
i was just hoping it some how meant i didn't need 37gb reserved for the game

on to beating about 20-25gb worth of games

[quote name='r9800pro']Yup, it is a D0 and voltage is 1.31v (the golden 384 batch) :D

Perfromance wise, HD 6990+ HD 6970 is the same as 3x HD 6970 but the HD 6990 must be running at AUSUM OC mode (880 core) and GDDR5 set to 1375. The only differences are 2 PCIE vs 3 PCIE and with HD6990+HD6970 configuration when disabling CrossfireX you only disable HD 6970 because HD 6990's own CF can never be disabled.[/QUOTE]
Nice! Sad that my i7 960 takes 1.35v to get to 4.0 GHz :whistle2:( I so wish I'd have come into PC gaming a year earlier & had a chance at something that lovely.

[quote name='DonRamon']Since it's obvious it's oot, this is my last post about the matter.

It's very simple really, whenever you argue in favor of the simplification of something, you are implying you can't handle the more complicated aspects of it and therefore you need it in a simpler form.

There just isn't any way around that.

Now, grinding for souls, it really isn't that different from what you find in other RPG games when you grind for experience, gold, loot, items, whenever incarnation you see them into. Grinding for resources is a necessary aspect of any RPG game worth it's weight in salt, it's always been like that and will always will like that, unless you want a simpler form of it, but then don't go calling it RPG, call it something else.

For the record, I've found the amount of grinding on DS to be on average with most RPG games I've played. It is not excessive, it is not too little.

The game provides what's necessary on the moment you need it.
[/QUOTE]
Ooot, I would like to nominate you to try and rub just the littlest, tiny bit of that philosophy (may need to swap out the word RPG for Survival Horror, and take out the grinding part...) on our dear friends at Capcom, the developers of that franchise formerly known as Resident Evil. PLEASE! :pray:

My i7 950 is a D0 but takes 1.39v to get to 4Ghz Stable.
It used to work 4.2Ghz stable at this setting but doesn't anymore. But using 4.2Ghz at this voltage still works fine with games/emulation without any issues.

[quote name='tham1988']thats what i thought
i was just hoping it some how meant i didn't need 37gb reserved for the game
[/QUOTE]

But, that is what it means.

Once installed, TSW will take 37GB of space on your HD.

Even Amazon's page says it is 30GB.

[quote name='Motoki']It seems that there are 3 things people should never argue about. Religion, Politics and Dark Souls.

[/QUOTE]

Worst part is no one even talks about Kings Field anymore :cool:

But for anyone who does have the PC version, are you able to pause the game at any time. Or is it like the console versions where you are unable to pause the game?

Babies and not being able to pause games do not mix well.

Hi Tony. I'm having an issue with the code for Civilization 4 and I was wondering if I could get some help. I'm trying to activate it on Steam and it says the code is already activated.

I purchased the Secret World on 1/2/2013, and can confirm that I just purchased Issue #5 (1/6/2013, 10pm est) from the item store for free. Not sure how much longer it will last though.

[quote name='Larce80']I dont even know what DS2 is and why this is in Amazon PCDD tbh[/QUOTE]

It's the most confusing acronym for a game because it shares the same acronym as Darksiders 2 and Dungeon Siege 2. What makes it even more confusing is that it's referenced as DS2, which implies it's the second Demon's Souls game, but it's Dark Souls, which is a spiritual successor to Demon's Souls. On top of that there's going to be an actual Dark Souls 2 made, so people are going to also be referring to it as DS2 when they mean Dark Souls or when they mean Dark Souls 2. Confused!

[quote name='HeroToTheMasses']Hi Tony. I'm having an issue with the code for Civilization 4 and I was wondering if I could get some help. I'm trying to activate it on Steam and it says the code is already activated.[/QUOTE]

Quit steam and restart it. Check your library. Steam sometimes goofs up. Amazon customer service can solve your issue.

[quote name='qwertyaas']Wanted to get BF3 Premium until I realized I haven't even played BF3 in 6 months or so. Decisions...[/QUOTE]

Don't buy it if you have already lost interest about the game :cool: Maps are really good though.

[quote name='Motoki']For some reason everyone is either:

or

[/QUOTE]
Depends on whether you're talking about Toilet Tycoon or Coconut Princess. Apples and oranges really.
:cool:

Oh, Kingdoms of Amalur dlc bundle, why can't I make up my mind about you?

I played the game to completion on PS3 and sold the game, but really enjoyed it. I would like the 2 dlc, but don't know when I'll have the motivation to play through the entire game again to get to it. It would also be nice to have as part of my collection, but my massive backlog is glaring at me...

What to do, what to do...

[quote name='lnknprk']It's the most confusing acronym for a game because it shares the same acronym as Darksiders 2 and Dungeon Siege 2. What makes it even more confusing is that it's referenced as DS2, which implies it's the second Demon's Souls game, but it's Dark Souls, which is a spiritual successor to Demon's Souls. On top of that there's going to be an actual Dark Souls 2 made, so people are going to also be referring to it as DS2 when they mean Dark Souls or when they mean Dark Souls 2. Confused![/QUOTE]
People Acronym everything around here. I never know what the hell is going on because of it.

Shit, half the posts in this thread are about Mp3's ..oh wait, is that a game?

[quote name='qwertyaas']Wanted to get BF3 Premium until I realized I haven't even played BF3 in 6 months or so. Decisions...[/QUOTE]

Lol I had the same dilemma, but I figured 20 bucks was too good of a deal for all 5 dlc packs (I never even had Karkand) to pass up. I immediately updated BF3 on Origin and installed all the packs, and vow to get back to it to at least check out the new content. Maybe it will renew interest in the game for me (I'll pretend it's Battlefield 4).

[quote name='lnknprk']It's the most confusing acronym for a game because it shares the same acronym as Darksiders 2 and Dungeon Siege 2. What makes it even more confusing is that it's referenced as DS2, which implies it's the second Demon's Souls game, but it's Dark Souls, which is a spiritual successor to Demon's Souls. On top of that there's going to be an actual Dark Souls 2 made, so people are going to also be referring to it as DS2 when they mean Dark Souls or when they mean Dark Souls 2. Confused![/QUOTE]
There's also Dead Space 2.... #-o

Armored Kill is great if you like to play engineer or sniper with soflam.

[quote name='lilperuvianboy']dumb question from a new user, how do you get an amazon coupon? I really wanna buy the walking dead but i don't have enough[/QUOTE]

you had to buy a game from amazon on digital download from black friday 2012 through dec 31st 2012. any game on digital download that you bought on amazon in that time period came with $5 off coupon that could be redeemed in january 2013.

[quote name='dracula']you had to buy a game from amazon on digital download from black friday 2012 through dec 31st 2012. any game on digital download that you bought on amazon in that time period came with $5 off coupon that could be redeemed in january 2013.[/QUOTE]

aww man :/ bummer. Really wanted those few dollars off. Thanks for the info tho!

^Even so, $12.49 is still a great deal for a terrific game. It's the only game I've ever bought multiples of to gift. I bought one copy for me originally, then another for my cousin, then two more the other day as gifts to a couple of buddies. That's how much I liked the experience of playing it :)

[quote name='fore1337']People Acronym everything around here. I never know what the hell is going on because of it.

Shit, half the posts in this thread are about Mp3's ..oh wait, is that a game?[/QUOTE]

Took me a while to figure that one out. Max Payne 3.

[quote name='Detruire']There's also Dead Space 2.... #-o[/QUOTE]

#-oindeed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back