Amazon PCDD $12.49 Walking Dead ($7.49 after coupon)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amazon DVG Deals

Official Representative
Feedback
4 (100%)
Hi CAGs,

I'll be posting deals we're running on Digital Games (PC/Mac, Free to Play, Sony/Microsoft Points/Subs).

I'm also here to answer questions you might have, get you closer to the developers by hosting Q&As, setting up podcasts, live streaming gameplay etc. If I don't respond to a question you have in thread please send me a PM. These ping my email address and make it more likely that I will see your question and respond more quickly.

FYI. EA Games sold by Amazon will not activate on Steam.

Digital Holiday

1/5-1/12

The Walking Dead - $12.49 ($7.49 post coupon)

1/11-1/13:

Alice: Madness Returns: The Complete Collection - $11.99 pre coupon (6.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Dragon Age Pack PC - $12.99 pre-coupon ($7.99 after coupon) - not Steam

1/18-1/20:

Need for Speed: The Run - $8.99 ($3.99 after coupon) - not Steam
EA Sports Classic Pack - $8.99 ($3.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Syndicate - $9.99 ($4.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Crysis Maximum Maximum -$17.99 ($12.99 after coupon) - not Steam

1/13-1/19:

Tantalizing THQ Medley - $11.99 pre coupon ($6.99 after coupon) - Steam

1/11-1/12:

Darksiders Franchise Pack - $13.19 before coupon ($8.19 after coupon) - Steam
Saints Row The Third: The Full Package - $12.49 pre coupon ($7.49 after coupon) - Steam

1/29-1/31:

Burning Hot Bundle - $11.99 ($6.99 after coupon)

F.A.Q.S.:

1. Does the game I'm buying from Amazon Activate on Steam/Origin/Uplay? What DRM does the game use?

There are two places to identify DRM on a digital video game detail page:

At the top of the page, below the title:

16hm7a8.png

In the "Product Description" section:

r06ykl.jpg

2. Note on Electronic Arts Games - For the most part, EA games sold on Amazon do not activate on Steam. Most activate on Origin.

3. Note on DRM with limited activations:

Our Policy

4. Sometimes I'll do giveaways.

5. I work with developers and publishers to get fun (or at least what I think is fun) content to share with you all. Here are some examples:

a. Check out the Pax Gameplay videos here: Xcom: Enemy Unknown I played Xcom with Jake, the Creative Director for the game, a few months before the game came out Also, on this page, check out the Q&A, also a community driven event.

b. Check out the interview on this page: Borderlands 2 we did this interview at E3 with Randy Pitchford this year.

c. We've partnered with the ++GoodGames Podcast to feature many of the games we carry. They talk to the developers about the game development process, how the games are conceptualized and managed, all kinds of fun stuff. I'm working on putting together full link list and will update when I have it.

What else do we sell?

Xbox Live Points and Subscriptions:

1600 Microsoft Live Points
4000 Microsoft Live Points
12 Month XBOX Live Subscription
3 Month XBOX Live Subscription]
12 Month + 1 XBOX Live Subscription

PSN+ Subscriptions and PSN Points:

$20 PSN Points
$50 PSN Points
12 Month PSN+ Subscription
3 Month PSN+ Subscription

We also have a Free-2-Play store supported by our GameConnect technology. Gameconnect allows you to link your Amazon.com account with free-2-play and MMO accounts so that you can buy things like in game currency, premium game time/subscriptions, in game items, etc. on Amazon.com using your Amazon.com payment options and have this content delivered directly into your game.

To check out the Free-2-Play games we offer you can visit our storefront here:

Free-2-Play Store

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='tjs09']Not that there's anything wrong with that. Some of my best friends require Origin..[/QUOTE]
Origin is just another client-program with DRM. {shrug}

[quote name='NeoGutsman']^Even so, $12.49 is still a great deal for a terrific game. It's the only game I've ever bought multiples of to gift. I bought one copy for me originally, then another for my cousin, then two more the other day as gifts to a couple of buddies. That's how much I liked the experience of playing it :)[/QUOTE]

I would not say that $12.49 is a great deal for twd, i am about halfway through it. it is an interactive comic and less of a game, even moreso than max payne franchise or alan wake(those games have some actual gameplay). if you like the walking dead tv series and comic, you will still definitely want to get the game at some point. surely it will be under $5 at a future sale(almost all PC download games hit that price at some point)

[quote name='MysterD']Origin is just another client-program with DRM. {shrug}[/QUOTE]

yeah, it is nice that some EA games do go on sale ON steam like dragon age, mass effect 1 and 2, and alice madness, but others (the newer games i guess) like mass effect 3 and amalur require origin and do not use steam at all.

[quote name='dracula']surely it will be under $5 at a future sale(almost all PC download games hit that price at some point)[/QUOTE]

Telltale games rarely hit this pricepoint, and none have been nearly as popular as Walking Dead.

[quote name='dracula']
yeah, it is nice that some EA games do go on sale ON steam like dragon age, mass effect 1 and 2, and alice madness[/quote]
Yep, the older EA ones, namely.

EA wants to compete w/ Steam - especially since Valve and EA keep butting heads on things...
i.e. EA tried to buy-out Valve numerous times and Valve refused; EA wants to keep DLC exclusive to them, but Valve's new rule requires all DLC content to be on Steam as well; EA wants to distribute games and things more so through Origin; etc etc.

but others (the newer games i guess) like mass effect 3 and amalur require origin and do not use steam at all.
EA has been trying to shove Origin/EADM down our throat for years.
Most of their new games released SINCE Battlefield 3 flat-out require it.

also as far as the walking dead reaching less than $5,
you need to remember it is technically a collection of 5 games
so that would be less than $1 per game

on the other hand though, i'm pretty sure they announced a sequel, so it could get that low to promote the sequel whenever it comes out

[quote name='Larce80']IMTY

Interactive movie of the year :)[/QUOTE]

Personally some of my favorite games of all time and even my favorite game of all time could be classified as nothing more than a glorified interactive movie.

And I have nothing wrong with that. Games are entertainment, doesn't mean they can't be interactive movies! XD

I find games that are considered Interactive movies have much more of an emotional impact on me than a regular movie.

[quote name='asheskitty']TSW is a 15GB download. It takes 37 GB of disk space.[/QUOTE]
35GB, actually. Looking at my install directory right now and it's 34.2GB.

[quote name='woodcan']All these people talking about getting TSW and free content. Is the game even that active anymore? I had a lot of interest in it but haven't heard any rumblings about it lately until this thread.

I take it those who had the game by today got some free content?[/QUOTE]
I play on the Arcadia (RP) server (by far not the most popular server) and I'm always seeing people everywhere chatting it up wherever I go. The game is very active.

The walking dead is a great adventure game, it be linear but that doesnt stop it from being a great experience.

And anyway if you want to consider it a movie, it is 12.49 for a 20 hour movie, well worth it.

[quote name='Larce80']IMTY

Interactive movie of the year :)[/QUOTE]
Quick-Time Choose Your Own Adventure of the Year

I was less impressed with it than most people.

[quote name='lilperuvianboy']aww man :/ bummer. Really wanted those few dollars off. Thanks for the info tho![/QUOTE]

Click deals at the top of the page. Find the Steam thread. On the first post of the Steam thread there's a link for the group trading. Make a post there and ask someone for their code or buy a game for you with their code and sell it to you. You can also ask here me thinks but I'm not sure.

Some people on the group trading thread ended up with extra copies of games or have more codes than we will use. For instance I have an extra Hotline Miami that I'm selling for 2.50 on the group trading thread.

When talking on the message boards people often refer to Demon's Souls as DeS and Dark Souls as DaS, but that only works in the context of knowing you are already discussing the two games. The asylum is the tutorial level, it's got messages all along the ground informing the player of the various combat mechanics. Demon's souls did it slightly better, because after the tutorial there was a small area in the Nexus hub which had lots of messages on the ground with the more advanced tactics.

[quote name='huldrelok']The walking dead is a great adventure game, it be linear but that doesnt stop it from being a great experience.

And anyway if you want to consider it a movie, it is 12.49 for a 20 hour movie, well worth it.[/QUOTE]

20 hours? Took me like 10 and no re-playability. Game is linear as hell and decisions have no impact other than change of few lines. Also puzzles are almost non-existant. Only interesting part is the story, visual and audio. Still worth but people overate it way too much.

[quote name='thesn00ze']20 hours? Took me like 10 and no re-playability. Game is linear as hell and decisions have no impact other than change of few lines. Also puzzles are almost non-existant. Only interesting part is the story, visual and audio. Still worth but people overate it way too much.[/QUOTE]

I don't like point n clicks, but really liked TWD. if it took you ten hours you probably rushed through.

I usually always have to shoot something or stab something but I really liked the story of the game, voice acting, and dialogue.

Different strokes for different folks:)

[quote name='MysterD']Yep, the older EA ones, namely.

EA wants to compete w/ Steam - especially since Valve and EA keep butting heads on things...
i.e. EA tried to buy-out Valve numerous times and Valve refused; EA wants to keep DLC exclusive to them, but Valve's new rule requires all DLC content to be on Steam as well; EA wants to distribute games and things more so through Origin; etc etc.

EA has been trying to shove Origin/EADM down our throat for years.
Most of their new games released SINCE Battlefield 3 flat-out require it.[/QUOTE]

I dont know Why People Hate Origin. Its a really good stable Client. Totally better than GFWL & UPLAY. as far as i know people used to hate Steam Bigtime. Now People cant live without steam. but Im sure, after another few years , They'll love Origin ;)

[quote name='heroes159']I dont know Why People Hate Origin. Its a really good stable Client. Totally better than GFWL & UPLAY. as far as i know people used to hate Steam Bigtime. Now People cant live without steam. but Im sure, after another few years , They'll love Origin ;)[/QUOTE]

Means you don't get it. EA is run by men in suits.

[quote name='MrBonk']My i7 950 is a D0 but takes 1.39v to get to 4Ghz Stable.
It used to work 4.2Ghz stable at this setting but doesn't anymore. But using 4.2Ghz at this voltage still works fine with games/emulation without any issues.[/QUOTE]

Golden batches of the 920 is the best in overclocking. Your CPU is degrading and that is normal, I am running mine at 4.20GHz currently because 4.25GHz is not very stable in long gaming sessions anymore. After 2 years at 4.25GHz, I think the degradation rate is acceptable :lol:

[quote name='heroes159']I dont know Why People Hate Origin. Its a really good stable Client. Totally better than GFWL & UPLAY. as far as i know people used to hate Steam Bigtime. Now People cant live without steam. but Im sure, after another few years , They'll love Origin ;)[/QUOTE]

I don't hate Origin but think the biggest issue with it is that it started the same way that Steam started. EA should've started where Steam ended

[quote name='georgebot84']I don't like point n clicks, but really liked TWD. if it took you ten hours you probably rushed through.

I usually always have to shoot something or stab something but I really liked the story of the game, voice acting, and dialogue.

Different strokes for different folks:)[/QUOTE]

Took me 14 hours and I usually take more time than most people in games. 20 hours is probably longer than average.

Yes, Origin is stable.
Yes, Origin is better than Uplay and G4WL.

About Steam - it's the most functional of the programs w/ the most features.

All of them are still forms of DRM.

[quote name='spacejunk']Does anyone know if there are any new deals coming tonight after midnight PST?[/QUOTE]
look at the first post m8

If it weren't for the community aspect of Steam, I'd like Origin better. Origin had features (like install directory choice) before Steam did, so it's pretty sad, but Steam has and still is learning from Origin.

And let's not even talk about support...

[quote name='SaverGamer']Means you don't get it. EA is run by men in suits.[/QUOTE]
hehe yeah. but come on,IF you look @ EA now. They are doing lots of things different now.They gave away free games. They are doing lots of Sales recently. They are giving away voucher codes. For me the worst company is Activition. they are too much greedy. at-least with EA we are getting discounts :D

[quote name='r9800pro']:lol:
I don't hate Origin but think the biggest issue with it is that it started the same way that Steam started. EA should've started where Steam ended[/QUOTE]

I understand. But Origin came to life around 1 .5 years ago. look where they are now.Origin 9.0 update is really Amazing. They told us that they are adding lots of features like Achievements & Social features very soon :D . They also thinking about adding Gifting / Trading system too. I'm sure they'll do it right. Give them some time.
COMPETITION between Steam Vs Origin is Always good for the customer :D
Just like Amazon Vs Steam from deals. Love you Tony. You are taking Down steam like nothing :applause:

[quote name='georgebot84']I don't like point n clicks, but really liked TWD. if it took you ten hours you probably rushed through.

Different strokes for different folks:)[/QUOTE]

Rushed? Not really. Always talked to everyone, always checked everything. I'm not saying I didn't like it or it is a bad game. I loved the story, characters, visual etc. But the games is pretending to be something it is not. Your choices have none or little impact on the story. And the puzzles were like for 5 year old. I still gave the game 7/10 :)

[quote name='Larce80']look at the first post m8[/QUOTE]

I didn't see anything listed but I know someone mentioned the Alice combo deal that may be coming.

[quote name='spacejunk']I didn't see anything listed but I know someone mentioned the Alice combo deal that may be coming.[/QUOTE]

Yup, I'm curious about this as well. May be tempted to check it out... if the Price is Right. :)

Walking Dead's a visual novel, which TellTale has been moving towards for a while now as it's the main evolution for the adventure genre that wants to focus more on story and characters. It's not really pretending to be anything else but a story with multiple choices. If you're familiar with the genre already you probably won't be impressed in the first place with it, but will enjoy it. If you're not familiar with the genre then either you'll find out it's actually a fantastic one done right and love the game or find that it's not for you. I haven't really seen any VN fans rave over it, but have seen the opposite quite a bit.

[quote name='DarkZero104']Walking Dead's a visual novel, which TellTale has been moving towards for a while now as it's the main evolution for the adventure genre that wants to focus more on story and characters. It's not really pretending to be anything else but a story with multiple choices. If you're familiar with the genre already you probably won't be impressed in the first place with it, but will enjoy it. If you're not familiar with the genre then either you'll find out it's actually a fantastic one done right and love the game or find that it's not for you. I haven't really seen any VN fans rave over it, but have seen the opposite quite a bit.[/QUOTE]

Walking Dead was actually the first Telltale game I could get into. TBH the other ones bored me. It's reminiscent of the choose your own adventure books I used to read. Sure they all lead to the same end but it's the stuff in the middle that entertains.

newbie question: can you buy the download code with your amazon gift card in account?

since it's only a "buy and download" button, I don't know if there is a confirmation page after that. thanks..

not really pc gamer but i did check the first page of this thread and there's no faq on this :)

[quote name='MySaturdaySelf']newbie question: can you buy the download code with your amazon gift card in account?

since it's only a "buy and download" button, I don't know if there is a confirmation page after that. thanks..

not really pc gamer but i did check the first page of this thread and there's no faq on this :)[/QUOTE]

There will be a confirmation page showing any discounts that apply before you are charged, AS LONG AS:
1. Any debit cards you have listed as payment options DO NOT have "PIN-less" transactions enabled and
You DO NOT have any "1-Click Settings" enabled on your account.

You can check both in your account settings. 1-Click has it's own entry, for opt-ing out of PIN-Less debit transaction, you will need to review the cards already added to you account and change the setting for each individual card.

made my first purchase on steam this sale since amazon has been crushing steam (For me at least) so far. Hopefully Tony doesn't make me regret it by putting batman arkham city goty at 2.50 after coupon lol
Also, put me in the camp of people excited for the upcoming alice + Dragon Age packs.
Hopefully we will get prices and dates from Tony soon.
If I recall, last time DA1+Da2 was 10 and alice 7.50, so hopefully alice complete and DA1+DA2 will be in that range again before coupon

[quote name='despair1991']made my first purchase on steam this sale since amazon has been crushing steam (For me at least) so far. Hopefully Tony doesn't make me regret it by putting batman arkham city goty at 2.50 after coupon lol
Also, put me in the camp of people excited for the upcoming alice + Dragon Age packs.
Hopefully we will get prices and dates from Tony soon.
If I recall, last time DA1+Da2 was 10 and alice 7.50, so hopefully alice complete and DA1+DA2 will be in that range again before coupon[/QUOTE]

Batman arkham city goty for $2.5 after coupon? Did I miss? When?

I've got a bunch of coupons left. Looking forward to seeing what's in store for the EC promotion.

I snoozed on the Mass Effect 3 opportunity. Probably shoulda grabbed it, but oh well.

[quote name='xxxholic']Batman arkham city goty for $2.5 after coupon? Did I miss? When?[/QUOTE]

it didn't happen/hasn't been announced or I would have bought it from Amazon
hence i said hopefully he doesn't make me regret buying it from steam

[quote name='hal']I've got a bunch of coupons left. Looking forward to seeing what's in store for the EC promotion.

I snoozed on the Mass Effect 3 opportunity. Probably shoulda grabbed it, but oh well.[/QUOTE]

Last year there was a recap period at the end of the month. If they do the same again this year, Mass Effect 3/Collection seems a likely candidate to have a repeat appearance.

[quote name='SaverGamer']Means you don't get it. EA is run by men in suits.[/QUOTE]

Steam is run by guys in suits. Bossed by Gabe in a suit. No real difference.....;)

[quote name='Fluxy']i just want alice complete, so i can be done buying games this year[/QUOTE]
Seven days in, and you're wanting to stop buying games for the year? :whee:

[quote name='Detruire']Seven days in, and you're wanting to stop buying games for the year? :whee:[/QUOTE]

i was going to stop but i heard that alice complete was going to be on sale anytime soon, so that will be my last. my backlog is huge and i havent even beaten any game in my steam account. the only games i beat in my life was diablo 2,3 and grandia for the dreamcast

Wow. I must be the only person with no coupons. I'm so new to PC gaming(finally have a rig capable of playing them), I didn't buy any from amazon in the last couple months.

[quote name='sunnysky']Wow. I must be the only person with no coupons. I'm so new to PC gaming(finally have a rig capable of playing them), I didn't buy any from amazon in the last couple months.[/QUOTE]

There are plenty of people with no coupons. But a lot of these deals are still pretty good without them.

[quote name='Fluxy']i just want alice complete, so i can be done buying games this year[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Detruire']Seven days in, and you're wanting to stop buying games for the year? :whee:[/QUOTE]

Chinese new year isn't for another five weeks...

[quote name='sunnysky']Wow. I must be the only person with no coupons. I'm so new to PC gaming(finally have a rig capable of playing them), I didn't buy any from amazon in the last couple months.[/QUOTE]

I think it was faceless007 who posted a nice list of $1.99 adventure games right before the end of the year. Nice list of games, and get some cheap EC coupons with it.

I just want the next batch of games announced. Specifically the Sega, WB, and THQ games. I still haven't bought the Saints Row 3 Season Pass. I've been hoping it would be $5 in the EC since it was a big deal all year and had to be a top seller several time along with the base game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back