Amazon PCDD $12.49 Walking Dead ($7.49 after coupon)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amazon DVG Deals

Official Representative
Feedback
4 (100%)
Hi CAGs,

I'll be posting deals we're running on Digital Games (PC/Mac, Free to Play, Sony/Microsoft Points/Subs).

I'm also here to answer questions you might have, get you closer to the developers by hosting Q&As, setting up podcasts, live streaming gameplay etc. If I don't respond to a question you have in thread please send me a PM. These ping my email address and make it more likely that I will see your question and respond more quickly.

FYI. EA Games sold by Amazon will not activate on Steam.

Digital Holiday

1/5-1/12

The Walking Dead - $12.49 ($7.49 post coupon)

1/11-1/13:

Alice: Madness Returns: The Complete Collection - $11.99 pre coupon (6.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Dragon Age Pack PC - $12.99 pre-coupon ($7.99 after coupon) - not Steam

1/18-1/20:

Need for Speed: The Run - $8.99 ($3.99 after coupon) - not Steam
EA Sports Classic Pack - $8.99 ($3.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Syndicate - $9.99 ($4.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Crysis Maximum Maximum -$17.99 ($12.99 after coupon) - not Steam

1/13-1/19:

Tantalizing THQ Medley - $11.99 pre coupon ($6.99 after coupon) - Steam

1/11-1/12:

Darksiders Franchise Pack - $13.19 before coupon ($8.19 after coupon) - Steam
Saints Row The Third: The Full Package - $12.49 pre coupon ($7.49 after coupon) - Steam

1/29-1/31:

Burning Hot Bundle - $11.99 ($6.99 after coupon)

F.A.Q.S.:

1. Does the game I'm buying from Amazon Activate on Steam/Origin/Uplay? What DRM does the game use?

There are two places to identify DRM on a digital video game detail page:

At the top of the page, below the title:

16hm7a8.png

In the "Product Description" section:

r06ykl.jpg

2. Note on Electronic Arts Games - For the most part, EA games sold on Amazon do not activate on Steam. Most activate on Origin.

3. Note on DRM with limited activations:

Our Policy

4. Sometimes I'll do giveaways.

5. I work with developers and publishers to get fun (or at least what I think is fun) content to share with you all. Here are some examples:

a. Check out the Pax Gameplay videos here: Xcom: Enemy Unknown I played Xcom with Jake, the Creative Director for the game, a few months before the game came out Also, on this page, check out the Q&A, also a community driven event.

b. Check out the interview on this page: Borderlands 2 we did this interview at E3 with Randy Pitchford this year.

c. We've partnered with the ++GoodGames Podcast to feature many of the games we carry. They talk to the developers about the game development process, how the games are conceptualized and managed, all kinds of fun stuff. I'm working on putting together full link list and will update when I have it.

What else do we sell?

Xbox Live Points and Subscriptions:

1600 Microsoft Live Points
4000 Microsoft Live Points
12 Month XBOX Live Subscription
3 Month XBOX Live Subscription]
12 Month + 1 XBOX Live Subscription

PSN+ Subscriptions and PSN Points:

$20 PSN Points
$50 PSN Points
12 Month PSN+ Subscription
3 Month PSN+ Subscription

We also have a Free-2-Play store supported by our GameConnect technology. Gameconnect allows you to link your Amazon.com account with free-2-play and MMO accounts so that you can buy things like in game currency, premium game time/subscriptions, in game items, etc. on Amazon.com using your Amazon.com payment options and have this content delivered directly into your game.

To check out the Free-2-Play games we offer you can visit our storefront here:

Free-2-Play Store

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='forthenguyen']Sorry, I wasn't trying to say these deals were bad, don't think I've ever said I was disappointed, when I said I wasn't interested in anything else. I just noticed that DS2 was on the list, along with the previous DS Franchise deal and your mention of possibly bringing it back when saying you wouldn't PM Steam's deal, thought I would express my appreciation if the deal were to come back and on the list.[/QUOTE]

Not at all, I was using you as an example of the people who likely don't think the deals, one of which you specifically requested...suck.

[quote name='hailey']So what is the reward for the coupon? if you're going to use it as a incentive to buy other things why make the game cost the exact amount it did without the coupon?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='spoderman']I don't think it has anything to do with hoping it's free. I was hoping Syndicate would be around $2.50 after credit. It was $5 very recently on Amazon without any promo credit, which is why the deal isn't all that great for this promotion. I expect prices to be cheaper with promo credit, not the same price as it was a week or two ago when no credit promotions were running for it.[/QUOTE]

See above.

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='hailey']So what is the reward for the coupon? if you're going to use it as a incentive to buy other things why make the game cost the exact amount it did without the coupon?[/QUOTE]
yea...makes you think..
When I was buying games in Dec I kept thinking that each one gets me $5 off something else, but whats the point if the sale price of that item is +$5 than is previous lowest? hehe sure some have been good but I think I got a few too many of em that I wont use.
[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']/agreed it is legit feedback, my feedback to the feedback is,

"Sorry the deal might not be for you this time because it is a repeat. Here are some examples of people in this very community that don't think it is a disappointing deal":
Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]
yea I know its a good deal since I bought it at that price the first time with THQ(?) coupon

[quote name='DaiMonPaul']I registered a non-Steam GamersGate key of Alice: Madness Returns on Origin a while ago, but it didn't download Alice 1, just Alice 2. It DID download all of the DLC dresses, which are included in all the versions of the game, just hidden (I think you can access them by changing a few lines in one of the config files).[/QUOTE]

Makes sense. Alice and Alice Complete were marketed differently and Complete was often not even available at certain times for purchase.

Is there any chance of Sleeping Dogs getting a good discount and being apart of the EC 2012 sale? I tried searching the thread but got a lot of results on people posting their "hauls" so sorry if this has been asked already.

[quote name='kidrocklive']Is there any chance of Sleeping Dogs getting a good discount and being apart of the EC 2012 sale? I tried searching the thread but got a lot of results on people posting their "hauls" so sorry if this has been asked already.[/QUOTE]

Hitman was, so maybe. What price are you hoping for? From a US retailer I think Steam had it lowest at $16.99 if I'm not mistaken.

Why am I being guilt tripped by a passive aggressive marketer because I don't like particular deals?

I feel legitimately disheartened as a customer because I bought many things on the premise that the $5 coupons would benefit me in the future. Now the deals are bottom of the barrel or literally the exact same deals + $5.

Why cant I say I'm disappointed by that? Or that I think it sucks?

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']Not at all, I was using you as an example of the people who likely don't think the deals, one of which you specifically requested...suck.[/QUOTE]

Sorry, I don't follow. I don't think about the deals, even the ones I requested, which sucks? I just hope my request didn't come off as complaining about the sale, which I wasn't :D

[quote name='spoderman']I don't think it has anything to do with hoping it's free. I was hoping Syndicate would be around $2.50 after credit. It was $5 very recently on Amazon without any promo credit, which is why the deal isn't all that great for this promotion. I expect prices to be cheaper with promo credit, not the same price as it was a week or two ago when no credit promotions were running for it.[/QUOTE]

I am on the same page that I would have hoped for $2.50, that is reasonable. I just don't think that saying well it was $5 before so it should be $5 now is valid. I don't want to keep derailing this thread so I am just going to drop it. :D

[quote name='Larce80']yea...makes you think..
When I was buying games in Dec I kept thinking that each one gets me $5 off something else, but whats the point if the sale price of that item is +$5 than is previous lowest? hehe sure some have been good but I think I got a few too many of em that I wont use.

yea I know its a good deal since I bought it at that price the first time with THQ(?) coupon[/QUOTE]

Yeah, to add further insight here, we went back and did a massive deep dive into coupon usage last year when looking at how to spread deals across January this year.

Basically what we found was that virtually everyone who bought tons of

[quote name='hailey']Why am I being guilt tripped by a passive aggressive marketer because I don't like particular deals?

I feel legitimately disheartened as a customer because I bought many things on the premise that the $5 coupons would benefit me in the future. Now the deals are bottom of the barrel or literally the exact same deals + $5.

Why cant I say I'm disappointed by that? Or that I think it sucks?[/QUOTE]

I don't think you're being fair. There have been legitimately great sales, Dark Souls for $13, Max Payne 3 for $10, Walking Dead $7.50, KoA Complete $10, Spec Ops $2.50, Darkness $2.50. And some people actually want some of the deals you criticized.

What kinds of deals were you looking for? And what price points did competitors sell them for so he can use it as reference?

[quote name='hailey']Why am I being guilt tripped by a passive aggressive marketer because I don't like particular deals?

See the post I just made, I'm not trying to guilt trip, I'm trying to both address your statement and keep the thread from derailing.

I feel I've successfully accomplished an explanation but utterly failed to keep the thread from derailing.

Can you help me understand what a better response would be here in the future, should I not explain the source of deals that cause disappointment, or not respond?

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']Yeah, to add further insight here, we went back and did a massive deep dive into coupon usage last year when looking at how to spread deals across January this year.

Basically what we found was that virtually everyone who bought tons of

[quote name='shezbot']As noted by Tony on Reddit:

1/11-1/13:
Alice: Madness Returns: The Complete Collection - $11.99 pre coupon (6.99 after coupon)
Dragon Age Pack PC - $12.99 pre-coupon ($7.99 after coupon)

1/18-1/20:
Need for Speed: The Run - $8.99 ($3.99 after coupon)
EA Sports Classic Pack - $8.99 ($3.99 after coupon)
Syndicate - $9.99 ($4.99 after coupon)
Crysis Maximum Maximum -$17.99 ($12.99 after coupon)

1/13-1/19:
Tantalizing THQ Medley - $11.99 pre coupon ($6.99 after coupon)

1/11-1/12
Darksiders Franchise Pack - $13.19 before coupon ($8.19 after coupon)
Saints Row The Third: The Full Package - $12.49 pre coupon ($7.49 after coupon)[/QUOTE]

Nice @ EA Sports pack.
So in for that.

We really need to get some modern-day NHL and Madden games from EA on the PC - that'd be great. :D

[quote name='espy605']Was there a Far Cry 3 sale I missed or didn't pay attention? Or one upcoming?

That makes sense to me, but it makes me laugh you guys analyze the DLC coupon hoarders, haha.[/QUOTE]

I posted it in response to UW_Shocks question about FC3. We'll have it for $39.99 pre coupon on 1/22.

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='espy605']What kinds of deals were you looking for? And what price points did competitors sell them for so he can use it as reference?[/QUOTE]

Tony, if you're looking for legit feedback to take back with you:

FYI - I passed on the ME3 deals. Back on BF Gamefly had the ME3 DE for $12. With the coupon, I was really hoping for $10.

Yeah, that might have made ME3 vanilla $5... but I bought ME1 and ME2 @ $5 each. Maybe just too soon, since it hasn't even been out a year.

Just trying to give the feedback you want, as it's the only thing I've passed on that I was anticipating grabbing.

Amazon never said anything past 'buy this and get $5 off anything that qualifies.' So please don't complain. Amazon's DD sales have significantly improved since Tony got here so please applaud him. :applause:

So far I think the deals are fantastic. Dont know what ya'll are smokin.
Sure there are repeats from a couple weeks ago, but so what, these are some killer deals. If you refute that I would question your sanity.

Wish I could get the dragon age pack...missing only DA2, but ran out of codes. :(

[quote name='Larce80']yea...makes you think..
When I was buying games in Dec...[/QUOTE]

When I was buying games from Amazon in December I was thinking... wow I'm getting these games at prices better than anywhere else during these Holiday promotions. The coupons were a nice added bonus. That said I've used two of them so far, one on Dark Souls for $13 which is the lowest price that game has been to date (excluding shady black market and glitch prices). I still have six or eight or so more coupons, doubt I'll use them all but it doesn't bother me in the slightest because I made the base purchases because I wanted the games I bought at the lowest available price and not relying on the coupon to justify it.

I think a lot of the disappointment from the coupons stems from people overhyping them last year and those that didn't experience buying into that hype. There was a brief window of four or five days where coupon-use coincided with Steam price matching leading to some crazy deals. That happened to some extent this year but to a lesser degree because, quite frankly, the Steam sale this year was awful and only put up six dailies per day versus the nine or so they usually put up.

Quick example from last year. Dead Island was $12ish for a day or two in December. I didn't bite assuming it might be cheaper during the coupon promotion. It wasn't, it was $15 after coupon. C'est la vie. For every 'zomg crazy deal' available during Amazon's last coupon promotion there were probably twice as many that would have 'backfired' had you passed on December deals. But people didn't mention those they just kept parroting 'zomg AAA games for under $5 or free' which was more the exception that the rule.

Re: the 'repeat' sales like Darksiders Franchise and THQ bundle -- people specifically requested those and a lot of people complained when they missed them. Damned if you do, damned if you don't.

[quote name='aShufflinZombie']Amazon never said anything past 'buy this and get $5 off anything that qualifies.' So please don't complain. Amazon's DD sales have significantly improved since Tony got here so please applaud him. :applause:[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Tolyngee']Tony, if you're looking for legit feedback to take back with you:

FYI - I passed on the ME3 deals. Back on BF Gamefly had the ME3 DE for $12. With the coupon, I was really hoping for $10.

Yeah, that might have made ME3 vanilla $5... but I bought ME1 and ME2 @ $5 each. Maybe just too soon, since it hasn't even been out a year.

Just trying to give the feedback you want, as it's the only thing I've passed on that I was anticipating grabbing.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='gomikeoh']So far I think the deals are fantastic. Dont know what ya'll are smokin.
Sure there are repeats from a couple weeks ago, but so what, these are some killer deals. If you refute that I would question your sanity.

Wish I could get the dragon age pack...missing only DA2, but ran out of codes. :([/QUOTE]

[quote name='Mooby']When I was buying games from Amazon in December I was thinking... wow I'm getting these games at prices better than anywhere else during these Holiday promotions. The coupons were a nice added bonus. That said I've used two of them so far, one on Dark Souls for $13 which is the lowest price that game has been to date (excluding shady black market and glitch prices). I still have six or eight or so more coupons, doubt I'll use them all but it doesn't bother me in the slightest because I made the base purchases because I wanted the games I bought at the lowest available price and not relying on the coupon to justify it.

I think a lot of the disappointment from the coupons stems from people overhyping them last year and those that didn't experience buying into that hype. There was a brief window of four or five days where coupon-use coincided with Steam price matching leading to some crazy deals. That happened to some extent this year but to a lesser degree because, quite frankly, the Steam sale this year was awful and only put up six dailies per day versus the nine or so they usually put up.

Quick example from last year. Dead Island was $12ish for a day or two in December. I didn't bite assuming it might be cheaper during the coupon promotion. It wasn't, it was $15 after coupon. C'est la vie. For every 'zomg crazy deal' available during Amazon's last coupon promotion there were probably twice as many that would have 'backfired' had you passed on December deals.

Re: the 'repeat' sales like Darksiders Franchise and THQ bundle -- people specifically requested those and a lot of people complained when they missed them. Damned if you do, damned if you don't.[/QUOTE]

To note:

I don't even care if people complain. I'd prefer that they do so we can adjust. I'm just unsure how I'm supposed to respond.

In this case the conversation has been:

"These deals are disappointing"

to which I responded:

"Your fellow CAGs have been requesting these deals."

which was responded with:

"Why am I being guilt tripped?"

I need to understand what kind of responses you guys are looking for, if any, to complaints.

Cheers,
Tony

All this talk about bad deals etc.

I'm still over here beating orphans with SlimJims like a madman to get Condemned on the EC list!

[quote name='Mooby']When I was buying games from Amazon in December I was thinking... wow I'm getting these games at prices better than anywhere else during these Holiday promotions. The coupons were a nice added bonus. That said I've used two of them so far, one on Dark Souls for $13 which is the lowest price that game has been to date (excluding shady black market and glitch prices). I still have six or eight or so more coupons, doubt I'll use them all but it doesn't bother me in the slightest because I made the base purchases because I wanted the games I bought at the lowest available price and not relying on the coupon to justify it.

Quick example from last year. Dead Island was $12ish for a day or two in December. I didn't bite assuming it might be cheaper during the coupon promotion. It wasn't, it was $15 after coupon. C'est la vie. For every 'zomg crazy deal' available during Amazon's last coupon promotion there were probably twice as many that would have 'backfired' had you passed on December deals. But people didn't mention those they just kept parroting 'zomg AAA games for under $5 or free' which was more the exception that the rule.

Re: the 'repeat' sales like Darksiders Franchise and THQ bundle -- people specifically requested those and a lot of people complained when they missed them. Damned if you do, damned if you don't.[/QUOTE]
All that's well and good BUT if you're not enticing me to use my coupons you're missing out on sales. Why use a coupon to price match a deal somewhere else? That's like going out of my way to NOT be a CAG...

[quote name='Tony']I need to understand what kind of responses you guys are looking for, if any, to complaints.[/QUOTE]
None... most people on here just vent. It's not usually directed at anyone. Just frustrated venting. Just listen to the more constructive complaints and ignore the people who just want to complain to get it out of their system.

Hey Tony

The SR3 complete is a great deal, but given how many people have the standalone version from the THQ bundle, or previous sales, any chance Amazon could do a "Complete DLC bundle"? It seems a shame having to buy something you already have.

[quote name='KaOTiK']All this talk about bad deals etc.

I'm still over here beating orphans with SlimJims like a madman to get Condemned on the EC list![/QUOTE]

Where are you getting so many orphans from?

I'm still over here beating orphans with SlimJims like a madman to get Condemned on the EC list![/QUOTE]

^^^^
This seriously made me lol! :lol:

You're going to either run out of SlimJims or orphans. My money is on SlimJims.

I'll be using my last coupon on the Dragon Age Pack. I should really stop looking at the list lest I end up spending it on something else.

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']
I don't even care if people complain. I'd prefer that they do so we can adjust. I'm just unsure how I'm supposed to respond.
[/QUOTE]

I guess some folks want you to respond with $2 Darksiders Franchise! :lol: It's impossible to please everyone. Personally there aren't that many games left on Amazon that I'd really be interested in (I bought Defenders of Ardania for $2.50 from Gamer's Gate -- forgive me!!!) so I'd be surprised if I used another coupon at all. Everyone's tastes are different and, of course, they're going to want the specific game they want and a (sometimes absurdly low) rock-bottom price.

I don't mind people being critical either, nor am I attempt to quash them but I think a lot of the disappointment stems from an unreasonable expectation of what the January promotion was about -- it wasn't necessarily going to top the December deals and anyone who experienced it last year would know that. Obviously there are people who didn't so I don't blame them as a lot of their expectations were fueled by fortunate/coincidental price matching from Steam last year.

I keep seeing you talk about wanting Condemned (Criminal Origins, right?), and I keep thinking "Boy, if only he'd been around a few years back when D2D was almost giving that game away for free one day/week."

[quote name='Mooby']I guess some folks want you to respond with $2 Darksiders Franchise! :lol: It's impossible to please everyone. Personally there aren't that many games left on Amazon that I'd really interested in so I'd be surprised if I used another coupon at all. Everyone's tastes are different and, of course, they're going to want the specific game they want and a (sometimes absurdly low) rock-bottom price.

I don't mind people being critical either, nor am I attempt to quash them but I think a lot of the disappointment stems from an unreasonable expectation of what the January promotion was about -- it wasn't necessarily going to top the December deals and anyone who experienced it last year would know that. Obviously there are people who didn't so I don't blame them as a lot of their expectations were fueled by fortunate/coincidental price matching from Steam last year.[/QUOTE]

You're not doing it right. If you don't use the coupons the hamsters at amazon will maul you to death.

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']
I need to understand what kind of responses you guys are looking for, if any, to complaints.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

How about "Here's a free game for you, here's a free game for you, and here's a free game for you!" ;)

I think that'd be sufficient! :lol:

[quote name='Woocls']All that's well and good BUT if you're not enticing me to use my coupons you're missing out on sales. Why use a coupon to price match a deal somewhere else? That's like going out of my way to NOT be a CAG...
[/QUOTE]

That's a fair point although it's a bit hard to predict what everyone wants and then get publishers to agree to those price points. Someone mentioned Saints Row 3 DLC. Since I got it from the HIB I opted against using my THQ promo coupon for that $2.50 complete pack (instead using it on Darksiders franchise) so... I guess I'd sort of be in the market for that. That said, I don't even know if I'd pay $2.50 for the DLC alone because most of it seems pretty trivial. Of course, other people are different.

That Dragon Age deal is ridiculous. Gamergate had it for somewhere around $15 and I was so tempted to get it.

I am also tempted to by more copies of Saints Row full Package to give to my friends who still haven't gotten it yet ...

Thanks for the deals Tony. My only comments are (1) I love bundles, but rotate them a bit, unless they are game bundles like Dragon Age or NFS, etc. Those are awesome because its really easy to get into big series. (2) Where is that 1C bundle. I am still holding on to hope that it will someday be ready. I have been holding off on all 1C purchases for you.

[quote name='spoderman']How about "Here's a free game for you, here's a free game for you, and here's a free game for you!" ;)

I think that'd be sufficient! :lol:[/QUOTE]

I am picturing Tony as Oprah now.

[quote name='espy605'] There have been legitimately great sales, Dark Souls for $13, Max Payne 3 for $10, Walking Dead $7.50, KoA Complete $10, Spec Ops $2.50, Darkness $2.50.[/QUOTE]
I'm not addressing this to you espy605, but I'm using your quote as a springboard to say this:

I bought three of the six examples you listed there. I already have the other three and I can still recognize that those are great deals.

Criticizing deals is fair enough, but you do have to recognize that not every deal listed on the EC will be a slam dunk for everyone. Lots of us own a fair amount of games and every title can't possibly hold universal appeal.

Looking at it objectively though, you have to admit that there are a few returning deals that are right at or around the prices they were at the height of the frenzy of December. Think of it as an encore. Many people (myself included) are getting another shot at some of those good deals thanks to the coupons. There have also been a few new-low-price deals featured via this promotion. It's seven days into a month long promotion and you ought to at least recognize what's been offered so far.

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']Edit: How do I make the little clapping man?[/QUOTE]

Since no one has pointed it out, beneath the various smilies on the right of the reply box there is a link that says "more" which opens another small window with all the smilies.

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']I don't even care if people complain. I'd prefer that they do so we can adjust. I'm just unsure how I'm supposed to respond.
In this case the conversation has been:

"These deals are disappointing"

to which I responded:

"Your fellow CAGs have been requesting these deals."

which was responded with:

"Why am I being guilt tripped?"

Cheers,
Tony
[/QUOTE]

I used to work farmers markets (which is like totally the same as selling downloadable PC games) and in my experience there are some people you just can't please. Some I could identify quickly, others just didn't respond positively to my attempts to help them. My time and attention was better spent on those I could please and my regulars.

[quote name='Woocls']All that's well and good BUT if you're not enticing me to use my coupons you're missing out on sales. Why use a coupon to price match a deal somewhere else? That's like going out of my way to NOT be a CAG...
[/QUOTE]

This is most definitely true :) which is why there have been more deals that you couldn't get through another site than not on the EC list so far:

1. Hotline Miami (even not counting the price glitch)
2. The Walking Dead
3. Dark Souls
4. The Upcoming Darksiders II Franchise Pack
5. The Upcoming THQ Medley
6. Need for Speed: The Run
7. Alice Collection
8. Battlefield 3 Premium Edition
9. Battlefield 3 Premium Service
10. Far Cry 3
11. The Crazy Action (formerly WTF) pack
12. The Desert to Sea Bundle
13. The Super Strategy Pack
14. NBA 2K13

[quote name='Woocls']
None... most people on here just vent. It's not usually directed at anyone. Just frustrated venting. Just listen to the more constructive complaints and ignore the people who just want to complain to get it out of their system.[/QUOTE]

This is probably true, trying to be more diligent about answering every post/question at this point based on previous feedback.

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='equalsP'](2) Where is that 1C bundle. I am still holding on to hope that it will someday be ready. I have been holding off on all 1C purchases for you.[/QUOTE]

one SEE! one SEE! one SEE! one SEE!

Sorry, I just still really want to see that damned thing someday. Especially since the complete 1C pack on Steam hasn't been seen for over a year.

[quote name='esq373']Is the "Storming,Burning,Flaming,Something,Something pack" coming back?[/QUOTE]

I think I asked EA about this in my last email. Checking back in now.

Cheers,
Tony

The real problem with this promo is that we'll have to sit through a month of whining!

While Tony's updates are very much appreciated, Amazon itself doesn't do a very good job of promoting the EC list. Beyond the disclaimer on the EC page which states "Amazon reserves the right to change or terminate this promotion at any time." there isn't any real indication that the list will change at all. Unless I check the forums daily I have no idea when deals will expire or when new deals will appear. I'd much rather see Amazon explicitly state "these are the deals for the first week of January, check back next Monday for the second week's deals" or something like that... I also wouldn't mind some reminder e-mails from Amazon each time the EC list refreshes. If Amazon can spam my inbox with coupons for F2P game offers that I don't want they can certainly promote the EC coupon a bit better!

Thank you so much for that Darksiders Franchise deal, i'm so eager to get it, since i missed it the first time, hopefully there will be enough keys :D

[quote name='glyph42']
While Tony's updates are very much appreciated, Amazon itself doesn't do a very good job of promoting the EC list. Beyond the disclaimer on the EC page which states "Amazon reserves the right to change or terminate this promotion at any time." there isn't any real indication that the list will change at all. Unless I check the forums daily I have no idea when deals will expire or when new deals will appear. I'd much rather see Amazon explicitly state "these are the deals for the first week of January, check back next Monday for the second week's deals" or something like that... I also wouldn't mind some reminder e-mails from Amazon each time the EC list refreshes. If Amazon can spam my inbox with coupons for F2P game offers that I don't want they can certainly promote the EC coupon a bit better![/QUOTE]

For real. We look at this pretty regularly and we're hoping to incorporate a calendar type view for upcoming deals. This won't address pricematching but should address upcoming stuff (as far out as we have it).

As for emails, this is a great idea.

Cheers,
Tony

I think people are just thinking out loud and venting like someone else said. If they said this all sucked and didn't add anymore, yeah, that's pointless in figuring out why or if someone just wanted something for free which isn't too fair.

I think georgebot84 saying he was disappointed and then adding why with 4 or 5 games that was less at other places or earlier was a good post and "disappointed" isn't that harsh of a word. Honestly, I was a bit underwhelmed with the DA:U pricing myself. (I was wrong about the Crysis pricing pack earlier which is the lowest I've seen so good deal there...unfortunately, I mostly play old games due to a slow machine so I can wait). On DA:U, a year later and a higher price? Ok, it's EA, we live with it and just don't buy which doesn't upset me or anyone really.All that said, I've been a big fan and support of Tony's sales and comments in the past if anyone sees my old posts, but I think we're all getting a bit too touchy if we can't bitch a little if the sale isn't as "great" as we wanted it to be. There's still more than 2/3rds of the month so more things will pop up.

I don't really expect to use all my coupons either and I bought the games earlier since those prices were at my acceptable price point so if Amazon can "coerce" me to buy even more with the coupon, more power to them.

[quote name='forthenguyen']Don't crucify me, here, but what games did 1C make, and what is this complete bundle and at what price?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Motoki']Last I remember, and it's been a while since it was discussed beyond 'whatever happened to that 1C pack', it was $15 for everything here:

http://store.steampowered.com/publisher/1C Company[/QUOTE]

An update to this is that we're waiting on the Strat First pack to do the stress test then figuring out the 1C bundle.

Cheers,
Tony

Then that's your own entitled hangup. There have been some stellar deals here in the past few days with these coupons, many of which have been pointed out repeatedly by the community. You don't like the deals, but many other people are just fine with them. What exactly were you expecting here? The only thing disappointing to this is this entitled, spoiled brat reaction from a vocal few on here. People are doing the same thing they did to Josh (the KMart rep) when we had them reach out to us for deals. It's disgusting.

Tony,

I guess it would be beneficial to people who posted what they wanted and at what price point they'd be willing to pull the trigger/make use of their coupons. I'll dive right in but I know full well some of these price points just aren't happening until summer-ish.

(All prices after-coupon)

Hell Yeah -- $2.50ish
Realms of Ancient War -- $2.50ish
Risen 2 -- $5ish
X-Com -- $10ish (not happening, I know)

Stuff Amazon doesn't even carry but potentially could due to existing publisher relationships:

Alpha Protocol -- $2.50 to $3.75ish
Sacred 2 Gold -- $5ish
Amalur Steam version (lulz) -- $10-$15ish

Just an example of my eclectic taste and how hard it is to please everyone. All of that stuff would be 'insta-buy' no second thoughts at those price points.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back