Amazon PCDD $12.49 Walking Dead ($7.49 after coupon)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amazon DVG Deals

Official Representative
Feedback
4 (100%)
Hi CAGs,

I'll be posting deals we're running on Digital Games (PC/Mac, Free to Play, Sony/Microsoft Points/Subs).

I'm also here to answer questions you might have, get you closer to the developers by hosting Q&As, setting up podcasts, live streaming gameplay etc. If I don't respond to a question you have in thread please send me a PM. These ping my email address and make it more likely that I will see your question and respond more quickly.

FYI. EA Games sold by Amazon will not activate on Steam.

Digital Holiday

1/5-1/12

The Walking Dead - $12.49 ($7.49 post coupon)

1/11-1/13:

Alice: Madness Returns: The Complete Collection - $11.99 pre coupon (6.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Dragon Age Pack PC - $12.99 pre-coupon ($7.99 after coupon) - not Steam

1/18-1/20:

Need for Speed: The Run - $8.99 ($3.99 after coupon) - not Steam
EA Sports Classic Pack - $8.99 ($3.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Syndicate - $9.99 ($4.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Crysis Maximum Maximum -$17.99 ($12.99 after coupon) - not Steam

1/13-1/19:

Tantalizing THQ Medley - $11.99 pre coupon ($6.99 after coupon) - Steam

1/11-1/12:

Darksiders Franchise Pack - $13.19 before coupon ($8.19 after coupon) - Steam
Saints Row The Third: The Full Package - $12.49 pre coupon ($7.49 after coupon) - Steam

1/29-1/31:

Burning Hot Bundle - $11.99 ($6.99 after coupon)

F.A.Q.S.:

1. Does the game I'm buying from Amazon Activate on Steam/Origin/Uplay? What DRM does the game use?

There are two places to identify DRM on a digital video game detail page:

At the top of the page, below the title:

16hm7a8.png

In the "Product Description" section:

r06ykl.jpg

2. Note on Electronic Arts Games - For the most part, EA games sold on Amazon do not activate on Steam. Most activate on Origin.

3. Note on DRM with limited activations:

Our Policy

4. Sometimes I'll do giveaways.

5. I work with developers and publishers to get fun (or at least what I think is fun) content to share with you all. Here are some examples:

a. Check out the Pax Gameplay videos here: Xcom: Enemy Unknown I played Xcom with Jake, the Creative Director for the game, a few months before the game came out Also, on this page, check out the Q&A, also a community driven event.

b. Check out the interview on this page: Borderlands 2 we did this interview at E3 with Randy Pitchford this year.

c. We've partnered with the ++GoodGames Podcast to feature many of the games we carry. They talk to the developers about the game development process, how the games are conceptualized and managed, all kinds of fun stuff. I'm working on putting together full link list and will update when I have it.

What else do we sell?

Xbox Live Points and Subscriptions:

1600 Microsoft Live Points
4000 Microsoft Live Points
12 Month XBOX Live Subscription
3 Month XBOX Live Subscription]
12 Month + 1 XBOX Live Subscription

PSN+ Subscriptions and PSN Points:

$20 PSN Points
$50 PSN Points
12 Month PSN+ Subscription
3 Month PSN+ Subscription

We also have a Free-2-Play store supported by our GameConnect technology. Gameconnect allows you to link your Amazon.com account with free-2-play and MMO accounts so that you can buy things like in game currency, premium game time/subscriptions, in game items, etc. on Amazon.com using your Amazon.com payment options and have this content delivered directly into your game.

To check out the Free-2-Play games we offer you can visit our storefront here:

Free-2-Play Store

Last edited by a moderator:
This question might've been asked before, but will there ever be a shopping cart for digital purchases where I can buy different games at the same time as opposed to just one at a time?

[quote name='aShufflinZombie']Oops you CAN get Alice 1 with the Steam key. First you need to register the steam key in Steam. When you are in your library bring Alice: Madness Returns up. Copy the CD key from the link in the description. Paste the key into Origin as a product. When you download the Origin version, it includes Alice 1.

I have not personally tried it but this may mean that you only need the standard steam key.[/QUOTE]

Sadly i can't confirm this. I just registered Alice Steam Key on Origin and it shows up in the Library just as "Alice: Madness Returns".

Haven't tried downloading it right now, but i doubt there is Alice 1 bundled with it, hopefully someone can prove me wrong.

[quote name='RiseFromYourGrave']Gonna have to grab this trio. Nice price on NFS: TR, and I'll have to finally get those other two at that price. That'll leave me with 6 coupons to go :D Still hoping for TW: FotS... Thanks again, Tony![/QUOTE]

NFS: The Run surely was worth the Lincoln, when Tony ran that deal a bit back.
At $4 after coupon - that's even better. :D

Yes, a lot of the complaining and whining isn't helping Tony (or Amazon), but at the same time, replying with "Tony is da best" or "Whiners just want free games" isn't helping either.

A lot of the deals that Amazon have provided since Black Friday have been great (2K Packs and Darksiders for example) and I think overall Amazon kicked Steam's ass this holiday season.

However, if Amazon is have people consider their January Editor's Choice sale as a super-sale event -- one of the best of the year, then it must step-up.
Tony has been presenting a lot of the games as being a great deal AFTER COUPON. But Amazon must keep in mind that not everyone have those $5 coupons. If we are to compare the BEFORE COUPON price with previous deals that Amazon, Steam, and others have had, then this Editor's Choice Event has been lackluster.
That's not to knock on Tony -- he's been a great representative for both Amazon and gamers -- nor is it a complaint, but it's an honest criticism of this sale thus far.

Again, I want to re-iterate: Amazon has kicked Steam's ass in deals this season, but the Editor's Choice Sale hasn't been as good as previous Sales that Amazon and their competitors have had, in my opinion.

[quote name='mtxbass1']Then that's your own entitled hangup. There have been some stellar deals here in the past few days with these coupons, many of which have been pointed out repeatedly by the community. You don't like the deals, but many other people are just fine with them. What exactly were you expecting here? The only thing disappointing to this is this entitled, spoiled brat reaction from a vocal few on here. People are doing the same thing they did to Josh (the KMart rep) when we had them reach out to us for deals. It's disgusting.[/QUOTE]

Bingo. Anyone who bought the games they did based mostly off of the $5 coupons has only themselves to blame. I bought the games in December because they were good deals.

[quote name='tritangle']
However, if Amazon is have people consider their January Editor's Choice sale as a super-sale event -- one of the best of the year, then it must step-up.[/QUOTE]

The point is it was never promoted as such. Only some of the posters here convinced themselves that was the case. The problem lies in your interpretation.

legit feedback, huh...Okay let me have a hand that this,

A Long time ago (Aug 20, 2012) in a place far, far away (Seattle), an awesome company lead by its leader (Tony) was creating "new at the time" bundle deals to lure CAGers from its rival Steam (and Steam's clumsy half cousin, Origin).

Amazon created the The Enlightened Entertainment Package made by Enlight Software at a ridiculous $5.99 sale price.

Probably won't be Editor's Choice obviously but if you can revive back this deal again Tony, that'll be awesome.

Anyway, with the chance that the Alice Complete pack won't be on Steam anytime soon and me wanting the first game that I can't find anywhere (other than Ebay), probably going to use my coupon for that. $6.99 (w/coupon) seems to be pretty good.

[quote name='mtxbass1']Then that's your own entitled hangup. There have been some stellar deals here in the past few days with these coupons, many of which have been pointed out repeatedly by the community. You don't like the deals, but many other people are just fine with them. What exactly were you expecting here? The only thing disappointing to this is this entitled, spoiled brat reaction from a vocal few on here. People are doing the same thing they did to Josh (the KMart rep) when we had them reach out to us for deals. It's disgusting.[/QUOTE]

No need to call names.

While I appreciate the passion I think part of the snowball effect stems from the pile on that occurs when people to voice disappointment in such a way that is isn't actionable.

I'm contacting a mod at this point and am going to ask him to help implement some guidelines that support this observation.

[quote name='crzyboy88']This question might've been asked before, but will there ever be a shopping cart for digital purchases where I can buy different games at the same time as opposed to just one at a time?[/QUOTE]

You know how this thread sometimes gets derailed? I do that in every tech meeting. No word on a cart yet.

[quote name='tritangle']Yes, a lot of the complaining and whining isn't helping Tony (or Amazon), but at the same time, replying with "Tony is da best" or "Whiners just want free games" isn't helping either.

A lot of the deals that Amazon have provided since Black Friday have been great (2K Packs and Darksiders for example) and I think overall Amazon kicked Steam's ass this holiday season.

However, if Amazon is have people consider their January Editor's Choice sale as a super-sale event -- one of the best of the year, then it must step-up.
Tony has been presenting a lot of the games as being a great deal AFTER COUPON. But Amazon must keep in mind that not everyone have those $5 coupons. If we are to compare the BEFORE COUPON price with previous deals that Amazon, Steam, and others have had, then this Editor's Choice Event has been lackluster.
That's not to knock on Tony -- he's been a great representative for both Amazon and gamers -- nor is it a complaint, but it's an honest criticism of this sale thus far.

Again, I want to re-iterate: Amazon has kicked Steam's ass in deals this season, but the Editor's Choice Sale hasn't been as good as previous Sales that Amazon and their competitors have had, in my opinion.[/QUOTE]

/agreed...and this post is an example of a response that is pretty well thought out and I can use to drive action, and doesn't invite a response from people that have specifically asked for upcoming deals.

As noted above, I'm going to reach out to the mod team to help regulate.

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='shezbot']As noted by Tony on Reddit:

1/11-1/13:
Alice: Madness Returns: The Complete Collection - $11.99 pre coupon (6.99 after coupon)
Dragon Age Pack PC - $12.99 pre-coupon ($7.99 after coupon)

1/18-1/20:
Need for Speed: The Run - $8.99 ($3.99 after coupon)
EA Sports Classic Pack - $8.99 ($3.99 after coupon)
Syndicate - $9.99 ($4.99 after coupon)
Crysis Maximum Maximum -$17.99 ($12.99 after coupon)

1/13-1/19:
Tantalizing THQ Medley - $11.99 pre coupon ($6.99 after coupon)

1/11-1/12
Darksiders Franchise Pack - $13.19 before coupon ($8.19 after coupon)
Saints Row The Third: The Full Package - $12.49 pre coupon ($7.49 after coupon)[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']Alice Complete
Dragon Age Pack
Need for Speed: The Run
EA Classics Bundle (Madden '08 and NHL 09)
Syndicate
Crysis Maximum Maximum Pack
Burning Hot Bundle (NFS Hot Pursuit, Burnout Paradise: The Ultimate Box)
Battlefield 3 Shortcut Bundle

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

Hey Tony, been at work all day but didn't see this asked. Is that Burning Hot bundle still planned this month? Any update on when/price on it? Thanks :cool:

Long time lurker on this thread.

Just wanted to say you have been doing a great job Tony. This thread introduced me to Amazon's digital games and I have taken advantage of many of the deals you have posted here. Pretty sure I got around 6 EC credits still to use.

Keep up the great work and looking forward to another year of savings!

[quote name='Trace17']Hey Tony, been at work all day but didn't see this asked. Is that Burning Hot bundle still planned this month? Any update on when/price on it? Thanks :cool:[/QUOTE]

I need to hit up EA about this again.

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='Mooby']The point is it was never promoted as such. Only some of the posters here convinced themselves that was the case. The problem lies in your interpretation.[/QUOTE]

Actually, I can see where that line of thinking comes from, considering it was the super-sale of the year last year. There wasn't really any indication that this year would be different, either.

So while this is still a great promotion and I'm not disappointed at all, I could see how someone would be.

I may have missed it in the past, but has there ever been a GTA sale? Would it be possible for Amazon to match Steam's deal from the sale and get the franchise pack around $12.49?

[quote name='tjs09']Actually, I can see where that line of thinking comes from, considering it was the super-sale of the year last year. There wasn't really any indication that this year would be different, either.

So while this is still a great promotion and I'm not disappointed at all, I could see how someone would be.[/QUOTE]

Here's my train of thought:

I got 8 coupons left...and I already own MANY of the games on the EC List already.

And many of the games I want that are on the EC List - they're just not cheap enough to suit me, so I just don't feel like spending the $ on them.

Tony will Max Payne 3 come back at $14.99?

Also what big packs do you have coming up? I'd like the 1C pack on Steam or the Dawn of War Franchise like pack that Steam had which I missed.

[quote name='tjs09']Actually, I can see where that line of thinking comes from, considering it was the super-sale of the year last year. There wasn't really any indication that this year would be different, either.

So while this is still a great promotion and I'm not disappointed at all, I could see how someone would be.[/QUOTE]

Indeed, I do understand why people would think that. Similarly it seems people keep expecting each week to bring half a dozen or more deals like the big Winter sale did. While I suppose that's possible, my assumption is that Amazon has returned to 'normal' sales mode -- just like every other website. Steam, Gamer's Gate, Green Man Gaming, GameStop, GameFly, etc. have all pretty much shut down their Holiday promotions. Looking at Amazon's DD page there's no big promotional lettering/ads like there was during the Holiday sale. It's not the 'Jinkies, it's January -- THE MEGA SALE!' But the guy who I responded to mentioned it was 'underwhelming' compared to the December sale. Well... yeah... just like the current prices on all the sites I listed are underwhelming compared to their December sales.

That said, even Amazon's 'normal' sales mod trumps most of the others (and at the very least they offer price matching).

[quote name='Iron Angel']I may have missed it in the past, but has there ever been a GTA sale? Would it be possible for Amazon to match Steam's deal from the sale and get the franchise pack around $12.49?[/QUOTE]

GTA IV complete for 7.50.

I can't ever remember them running a promotion on older ones, maybe pms.

[quote name='Metroidman']Tony will Max Payne 3 come back at $14.99?

Also what big packs do you have coming up? I'd like the 1C pack on Steam or the Dawn of War Franchise like pack that Steam had which I missed.[/QUOTE]

I think Tony mentioned MP3 could be coming back towards the end of January; lets hope! :D

[quote name='Metroidman']Tony will Max Payne 3 come back at $14.99?

Also what big packs do you have coming up? I'd like the 1C pack on Steam or the Dawn of War Franchise like pack that Steam had which I missed.[/QUOTE]

We'll have the DoW franchise at one point, still figuring out how to get the pricing to work with the parameters we need to put in place.

Also, we're still working on MP3 at $14.99 as a DOTW but nothing is confirmed yet.

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']We'll have the DoW franchise at one point, still figuring out how to get the pricing to work with the parameters we need to put in place.

Also, we're still working on MP3 at $14.99 as a DOTW but nothing is confirmed yet.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

Will the franchise be Steamable?

[quote name='voken']
Amazon created the The Enlightened Entertainment Package made by Enlight Software at a ridiculous $5.99 sale price.

Probably won't be Editor's Choice obviously but if you can revive back this deal again Tony, that'll be awesome.[/QUOTE]

I'll second this request. I'd love to get that pack for around that price.

[quote name='Mooby']The point is it was never promoted as such. Only some of the posters here convinced themselves that was the case. The problem lies in your interpretation.[/QUOTE]

That's a good point. Maybe, it wasn't Amazon's intention to make the Editor's Choice a sales event at all.

But if it's something that Amazon wants to promote as a great sale, then it should provide some extra incentive for people.

For example, if previous Amazon/Steam/Competitor have sold a game for, say $7.50. Then perhaps Amazon can come in with a $10 or $11 price-point before coupon. That way, it's still an OK price for those without coupons. For those with coupons, they can get a sense of being rewarded for having a coupon; for being a past-purchaser of Amazon Digital Downloads. (I think this was what ended happening with the Civ V stuff and the 2K coupon)
Maybe, in order to prevent people from hoarding coupons, in the future Amazon can just give those coupons out for games purchased that were over a certain amount (say $4.99).

[quote name='Motoki']Thanks. I knew it was buried here somewhere I just had no idea what the hell page it is on.

I guess I have to start bugging more about the Strategy First Pack now so that I can get to bug about the 1C one.

So, uh, when is that Strategy First pack happening? :p[/QUOTE]

^_^ I just search, I remember I used the term "unparagraph" (emacs command) which just doesn't appear on CAG.

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']We'll have the DoW franchise at one point, still figuring out how to get the pricing to work with the parameters we need to put in place.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

Tony, I'm not quite sure if you're aware or if it will impact you but...

THQ's franchises will be auctioned off 'title by title' on Jan. 22 (update)

[quote name='georgebot84']GTA IV complete for 7.50.

I can't ever remember them running a promotion on older ones, maybe pms.[/QUOTE]

Thanks! I would bite on that if it comes back.

omg
why is every good deal EA?

edit: nvm
i'll take a tantalizing thq pack at that price even though i have half the games
does anyone still play homefront online?
is there any way there will be a deal on the dlc for homefront?

[quote name='tritangle']
For example, if previous Amazon/Steam/Competitor have sold a game for, say $7.50. Then perhaps Amazon can come in with a $10 or $11 price-point before coupon. That way, it's still an OK price for those without coupons. For those with coupons, they can get a sense of being rewarded for having a coupon; for being a past-purchaser of Amazon Digital Downloads.
Maybe, in order to prevent people from hoarding coupons, in the future Amazon can just give those coupons out for games purchased that were over a certain amount (say $4.99).[/QUOTE]

Amazon has always price matched their (U.S.) competitors. I would expect that will continue to happen throughout January. But, again, that's totally dependent on what their competitors put on sale.

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']Thanks, hopping on the phone right now.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

Saints Row 3 Season Pass $5... before coupon!

Hey Tony, you guys will have Saints Row The Full Package, but not the Season Pass separate, right? I'm not sure if you addressed this already, but will any DLC be included in the EC 2012 without being a part of a packaged deal?

[quote name='60fps']Hey Tony, you guys will have Saints Row The Full Package, but not the Season Pass separate, right? I'm not sure if you addressed this already, but will any DLC be included in the EC 2012 without being a part of a packaged deal?[/QUOTE]

So far the answer has been no separate deal on the DLC. But it looks like THQ is between a rock and a hard place now.

Will Crysis be split up? Already have 1 and Warhead.

My opinion on the EC coupons: instead of making a great deal exceptional, they're making a good deal great. Normally that's fine, but it seems like the pricing is being done with the coupon in mind.

Also, Amazon has started doing repeats like Steam. I bought the Amalur bundle on the Gamespot show because I thought it was a one-time deal like the Square pack, but it came back for Black Friday, the December sale, and now EC. Plus the price went up from $11.99 to $14.99. The THQ medley also went up.

Last edited by a moderator:
Really hoping for a Far Cry 3 deal, just even a little better than Steam's best price would be nice. Although I feel like even it is doesn't happen I've got a nice back log of deals to play through.

[quote name='Metroidman']Will your Dawn of War franchise thing be Steam keys Tony?[/QUOTE]

Not sure yet, I think all the DoW stuff that we carry is Steam keys but I will double check.

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='Mooby']
Saints Row 3 Season Pass $5... before coupon![/QUOTE]
Even $7.5 before coupon would be a great deal for me.

[quote name='Mooby']Indeed, I do understand why people would think that. Similarly it seems people keep expecting each week to bring half a dozen or more deals like the big Winter sale did. While I suppose that's possible, my assumption is that Amazon has returned to 'normal' sales mode -- just like every other website. Steam, Gamer's Gate, Green Man Gaming, GameStop, GameFly, etc. have all pretty much shut down their Holiday promotions.[/QUOTE]

I think we'll always have people who expect Amazon to shock the world on a weekly basis. I suppose it's one of the drawbacks to Amazon DD having a rabid fanbase and great track record.

[quote name='Mooby']That said, even Amazon's 'normal' sales mode trumps most of the others (and at the very least they offer price matching).[/QUOTE]

Agreed 100%

[quote name='asheskitty']Tony, I'm not quite sure if you're aware or if it will impact you but...

THQ's franchises will be auctioned off 'title by title' on Jan. 22 (update)[/QUOTE]

That's sad news. I have a bad feeling that EA's going to end up with Saint's Row..

[quote name='52club']Really hoping for a Far Cry 3 deal, just even a little better than Steam's best price would be nice. Although I feel like even it is doesn't happen I've got a nice back log of deals to play through.[/QUOTE]

1/22 - $39.99 pre-coupon.

Cheers,
Tony

I'm on a phone right now and can't get too into detail, but I feel that last year needs to be seen better, especially with the ea games. No there was no price match for the ea week. You could have bought the two crysis games combined for less than this pack is - why? Yes you had to use two codes, but that's still a notable issue to many who have spares. It's just weird that a lot of what's being offered there for ea is a situation that was better last year. this also includes Alice. No it wasn't complete, but it was half the price too.

Trying to think of another THQ game I'd actually want but only thing that's coming up are the two original Red Factions (1 and 2) but I doubt you could get those with Steam keys. Maybe Saints Row 2 super cheap... although I've heard it runs poorly on PCs.

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']Not sure yet, I think all the DoW stuff that we carry is Steam keys but I will double check.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

The old ones aren't by default. You'd have to request they get Steam keys for those. The DoW2 games however are Steamworks by default.

[quote name='Mooby']Amazon has always price matched their (U.S.) competitors. [/QUOTE]

"always"

To quote Inigo Montoya: that word, I do not think it means what you think it means

[quote name='Mooby']Trying to think of another THQ game I'd actually want but only thing that's coming up are the two original Red Factions (1 and 2) but I doubt you could get those with Steam keys. Maybe Saints Row 2 super cheap... although I've heard it runs poorly on PCs.[/QUOTE]

RF1 and RF2 are both on steam. IIRC RF1 was even in the steam autumn sale (or sometime in fall). I also remember RF1 getting a daily discount on GMG in the last week or two.

[quote name='Motoki']The old ones aren't by default. You'd have to request they get Steam keys for those. The DoW2 games however are Steamworks by default.[/QUOTE]

Sorry yeah, I know this, I meant I'll check to see if we've requested/received Steam keys for the older stuff.

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='Tolyngee']"always"

To quote Inigo Montoya: that word, I do not think it means what you think it means[/QUOTE]

I thought you were gonna say "you killed my father... prepare to die" but I guess your quote fit better

[quote name='Mooby']Trying to think of another THQ game I'd actually want but only thing that's coming up are the two original Red Factions (1 and 2) but I doubt you could get those with Steam keys. Maybe Saints Row 2 super cheap... although I've heard it runs poorly on PCs.[/QUOTE]

SR2 runs decent now after they patched it a few years ago. It did not drop below 30 fps on my old gts 250. Stutters a little while driving fast but it was minimal.

[quote name='Iron Angel']Where are you getting so many orphans from?[/QUOTE]

There are villages full of the little bastards if you know where to look. I've cleaned out a 4 villages so far.

[quote name='lnknprk']You're going to either run out of SlimJims or orphans. My money is on SlimJims.

I'll be using my last coupon on the Dragon Age Pack. I should really stop looking at the list lest I end up spending it on something else.[/QUOTE]

I've gotten the art of SlimJim beating down to an art. I reinforce them by connecting two together to increase their durability. I average 3.4 orphans per SlimJim now. I like using the tabasco/spicy ones the most because it adds an extra string to the wound afterwards. Not only are they in pain from the intense beating but now there is a burning sensation that last longer than it normally would.

[quote name='Tolyngee']I keep seeing you talk about wanting Condemned (Criminal Origins, right?), and I keep thinking "Boy, if only he'd been around a few years back when D2D was almost giving that game away for free one day/week."[/QUOTE]

I want it on Steam, Amazon sells a Steam version. I missed it on the Holiday Sale when it was on sale for $5.09 and have been angry.

It is obvious Tony and Amazon hate Orphans and/or own lots of stock in SlimJims.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back