Amazon PCDD $12.49 Walking Dead ($7.49 after coupon)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amazon DVG Deals

Official Representative
Feedback
4 (100%)
Hi CAGs,

I'll be posting deals we're running on Digital Games (PC/Mac, Free to Play, Sony/Microsoft Points/Subs).

I'm also here to answer questions you might have, get you closer to the developers by hosting Q&As, setting up podcasts, live streaming gameplay etc. If I don't respond to a question you have in thread please send me a PM. These ping my email address and make it more likely that I will see your question and respond more quickly.

FYI. EA Games sold by Amazon will not activate on Steam.

Digital Holiday

1/5-1/12

The Walking Dead - $12.49 ($7.49 post coupon)

1/11-1/13:

Alice: Madness Returns: The Complete Collection - $11.99 pre coupon (6.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Dragon Age Pack PC - $12.99 pre-coupon ($7.99 after coupon) - not Steam

1/18-1/20:

Need for Speed: The Run - $8.99 ($3.99 after coupon) - not Steam
EA Sports Classic Pack - $8.99 ($3.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Syndicate - $9.99 ($4.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Crysis Maximum Maximum -$17.99 ($12.99 after coupon) - not Steam

1/13-1/19:

Tantalizing THQ Medley - $11.99 pre coupon ($6.99 after coupon) - Steam

1/11-1/12:

Darksiders Franchise Pack - $13.19 before coupon ($8.19 after coupon) - Steam
Saints Row The Third: The Full Package - $12.49 pre coupon ($7.49 after coupon) - Steam

1/29-1/31:

Burning Hot Bundle - $11.99 ($6.99 after coupon)

F.A.Q.S.:

1. Does the game I'm buying from Amazon Activate on Steam/Origin/Uplay? What DRM does the game use?

There are two places to identify DRM on a digital video game detail page:

At the top of the page, below the title:

16hm7a8.png

In the "Product Description" section:

r06ykl.jpg

2. Note on Electronic Arts Games - For the most part, EA games sold on Amazon do not activate on Steam. Most activate on Origin.

3. Note on DRM with limited activations:

Our Policy

4. Sometimes I'll do giveaways.

5. I work with developers and publishers to get fun (or at least what I think is fun) content to share with you all. Here are some examples:

a. Check out the Pax Gameplay videos here: Xcom: Enemy Unknown I played Xcom with Jake, the Creative Director for the game, a few months before the game came out Also, on this page, check out the Q&A, also a community driven event.

b. Check out the interview on this page: Borderlands 2 we did this interview at E3 with Randy Pitchford this year.

c. We've partnered with the ++GoodGames Podcast to feature many of the games we carry. They talk to the developers about the game development process, how the games are conceptualized and managed, all kinds of fun stuff. I'm working on putting together full link list and will update when I have it.

What else do we sell?

Xbox Live Points and Subscriptions:

1600 Microsoft Live Points
4000 Microsoft Live Points
12 Month XBOX Live Subscription
3 Month XBOX Live Subscription]
12 Month + 1 XBOX Live Subscription

PSN+ Subscriptions and PSN Points:

$20 PSN Points
$50 PSN Points
12 Month PSN+ Subscription
3 Month PSN+ Subscription

We also have a Free-2-Play store supported by our GameConnect technology. Gameconnect allows you to link your Amazon.com account with free-2-play and MMO accounts so that you can buy things like in game currency, premium game time/subscriptions, in game items, etc. on Amazon.com using your Amazon.com payment options and have this content delivered directly into your game.

To check out the Free-2-Play games we offer you can visit our storefront here:

Free-2-Play Store

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Trakan']Tony and I would like to implement a new rule that we think will cut down on a lot of the thread de-railing.

Complaints regarding the quality of deals:

If you are unhappy with the quality of a given deal, do not post feedback that is not actionable. This negativity invites response by those who may have previously requested the deal you are commenting on. If you would like to leave feedback on the quality of a deal please structure it as 'I am not interested in this deal but I would be at $xx.xx'.

Please do not expect a response, from Tony or others in the thread to such complaints, these discussions tend to immediately derail the thread for pages.

Lastly, if you see a complaint and you'd like to respond to it, please do not, these conversations have proven unproductive and thread derailing.

As always, report all posts that break the rules, or feel free to PM me.[/QUOTE]

That bold part pretty much is the second part of the problem, if criticism is given in a constructive manner, people don't really need to reply. Everyone is entitled to their very own opinions, and to express them as long as they do it with respect.

[quote name='Mooby']Saints Row 2 $2.50 THQ going out of business sale, go!
[/QUOTE]

I'm game for that, I'm a big fan of the game and it works too well for me but with the level of poorness the port has, it's hard to recommend it to people at any other price.

[quote name='tham1988']I was thinking the same thing
but i also dont have
stalker
homefront
or
red faction guerilla

so its a definite buy for me[/QUOTE]
Oh, yeah - that's an absolute AWESOME deal for YOU.
That's 4 that you so happen to be missing of the 6.

[quote name='DonRamon']That bold part pretty much is the second part of the problem, if criticism is given in a constructive manner, people don't really need to reply. Everyone is entitled to their very own opinions, and to express them as long as they do it with respect. [/QUOTE]

Which is why we created a rule to address it :).

Cheers,
Tony

What surprises me is with the apparent reality that THQ won't even have control of its franchises in two weeks why they don't just green light an a la carte sale on everything they own 75% off. Although at this point they might not have the legal authority to do it.

[quote name='MysterD']Well, I have most of the Tantalizing THQ Pack...
...but dammit, Space Marine is in there!
The ONLY game I'm missing in that pack!

Anyone know - has Space Marine itself alone ever been $6.99 or below anywhere else?

I tend to think it's "Probably not."

EDIT:
Also, I wouldn't mind seeing a sweet deal on the EC for Space Marine on the by itself alone below the cost of the Tantalizing Pack ($11.99 before coupon / $6.99 after coupon).[/QUOTE]
Pretty sure that pack was $5 after coupon in December, so don't be too worried about missing it this time around.

Ask around in the trade thread to see if anyone has a spare Space Marine from the pack. I was able to get one for a buck or two; it's not a very sought after game.

[quote name='MysterD']Well, I have most of the Tantalizing THQ Pack...
...but dammit, Space Marine is in there!
The ONLY game I'm missing in that pack!

Anyone know - has Space Marine itself alone ever been $6.99 or below anywhere else?

I tend to think it's "Probably not."

EDIT:
Also, I wouldn't mind seeing a sweet deal on the EC for Space Marine on the by itself alone below the cost of the Tantalizing Pack ($11.99 before coupon / $6.99 after coupon).[/QUOTE]

I never recall seeing Space Marine for less than $7.50 by it's self, but there are five price trackers in my sig ^_~. At least on Amazon your extra keys don't go waste. Given the upcoming THQ auction, it seems advisable to grab it soon.

[quote name='Mooby']What surprises me is with the apparent reality that THQ won't even have control of its franchises in two weeks why they don't just green light an a la carte sale on everything they own 75% off. Although at this point they might not have the legal authority to do it.[/QUOTE]

I have off-topic questions about the whole THQ thing.

What happens to THQ's developers? Are they included with their franchises in the sale? Are they all going under with THQ? Are they "independent" now?

Will they still get to work on their respective franchises? I mean, you can't really have Saint's Row without Volition, can you?

[quote name='Idiotekque']Pretty sure that pack was $5 after coupon in December, so don't be too worried about missing it this time around.
[/QUOTE]
Was that during the THQ Present $5 off coupon sale?

[quote name='Mooby']What surprises me is with the apparent reality that THQ won't even have control of its franchises in two weeks why they don't just green light an a la carte sale on everything they own 75% off. Although at this point they might not have the legal authority to do it.[/QUOTE]

The THQ Humble Bundle was pretty darn close.

[quote name='tjs09']I have off-topic questions about the whole THQ thing.

What happens to THQ's developers? Are they included with their franchises in the sale? Are they all going under with THQ? Are they "independent" now?

Will they still get to work on their respective franchises? I mean, you can't really have Saint's Row without Volition, can you?[/QUOTE]

No one other than the people negotiating this process will be able to tell you that, anything else you hear that hasn't been released by those people is likely speculation.

[quote name='MysterD']Was that during the THQ Present $5 off coupon sale?[/QUOTE]

It was $5 after the $5 THQ coupon, which only people who purchased something from THQ in 2012 got.

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='tjs09']I have off-topic questions about the whole THQ thing.

Will they still get to work on their respective franchises? I mean, you can't really have Saint's Row without Volition, can you?[/QUOTE]

Not sure if the studios will go along with the respective IP's but I do know THQ actually does own Relic, Volition, Sigil and THQ Montreal. So presumably that's counted amongst their assets.

[quote name='espy605']The THQ Humble Bundle was pretty darn close.[/QUOTE]

Yar, but now I want SR2!

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']
It was $5 after the $5 THQ coupon, which only people who purchased something from THQ in 2012 got.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]
Thanks for the response, Tony!
I bought SR: TT - The Full Package (to get all the DLC) for $2.49 w/ that THQ coupon!

[quote name='Mooby']Not sure if the studios will go along with the respective IP's but I do know THQ actually does own Relic, Volition, Sigil and THQ Montreal. So presumably that's counted amongst their assets.

Yar, but now I want SR2![/QUOTE]

Mooby, I'm with you, been wanting SR2 and missed it during the 3.74 during the holiday sale. Played it on xbox and seriously think it was a better game overall than sr3.

[quote name='MysterD']Thanks for the response, Tony!
I bought SR: TT - The Full Package (to get all the DLC) for $2.49 w/ that THQ coupon![/QUOTE]

Yeah, that was a pretty sweet deal. I got in on that just for the dlc as well.

[quote name='Mooby']Yar, but now I want SR2![/QUOTE]

Oh, man! I just gave away my last extra SR2 key yesterday after being turned down no less than twice. I would've gladly flipped it to you..

Is it me, or is giving away extra stuff getting harder?

Hey Tony,

Will Vessel drop any lower? I'm interested in this title, but not at $14.99 ($9.99 with EC Credit). I'd be more interested if it were at $9.99 ($4.99 with EC Credit).

My price point on most games is normally $4.99 - $9.99 so I jumped at a lot of the slick bundles you guys had going over the holidays. I still have 4 EC credits I'd like to use, (already used one on Darkness II and Hotline Miami), but I seem to have run out of cheaper titles to burn the rest of my credits on. TWD for $12.49 ($7.49 with EC Credit) was a nice touch, but sadly I'd already scooped this about a month ago for $10 from gamefly. I'd chase some of the bundles you have in the $4.99 - $9.99 range, but I already went after them during the holiday. I also would have jumped at Spec Ops for $7.49 ($2.49 with EC Credit), but I already scooped it in your Desert to Sea Bundle around X-mas.

Thanks for listening and thanks for everything your doing for us. It rocks, this post isn't meant to start a flame war or anything, just trying to provide constructive feedback for ya.

Thanks,
Tanner

[quote name='tjs09']Oh, man! I just gave away my last extra SR2 key yesterday after being turned down no less than twice. I would've gladly flipped it to you..

Is it me, or is giving away extra stuff getting harder?[/QUOTE]

Hah, no worries. My pile o' games is sizable enough.

[quote name='GBPackRat']Hey Tony,

Will Vessel drop any lower? I'm interested in this title, but not at $14.99 ($9.99 with EC Credit). I'd be more interested if it were at $9.99 ($4.99 with EC Credit).

My price point on most games is normally $4.99 - $9.99 so I jumped at a lot of the slick bundles you guys had going over the holidays. I still have 4 EC credits I'd like to use, (already used one on Darkness II and Hotline Miami), but I seem to have run out of cheaper titles to burn the rest of my credits on. TWD for $12.49 ($7.49 with EC Credit) was a nice touch, but sadly I'd already scooped this about a month ago for $10 from gamefly. I'd chase some of the bundles you have in the $4.99 - $9.99 range, but I already went after them during the holiday. I also would have jumped at Spec Ops for $7.49 ($2.49 with EC Credit), but I already scooped it in your Desert to Sea Bundle around X-mas.

Thanks for listening and thanks for everything your doing for us. It rocks, this post isn't meant to start a flame war or anything, just trying to provide constructive feedback for ya.

Thanks,
Tanner[/QUOTE]

Let me hit them up.

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='GBPackRat']Hey Tony,

Thanks,
Tanner[/QUOTE]
Just a heads up, Vessel was in Humble Bundle 6, so you can probably find it for much cheaper on the trading thread (with 4 other games).

The game isn't really worth more than a dollar or two by itself, since being in a HIB devalues it.

[quote name='Idiotekque']Just a heads up, Vessel was in Humble Bundle 6, so you can probably find it for much cheaper on the trading thread (with 4 other games).

The game isn't really worth more than a dollar or two by itself, since being in a HIB devalues it.[/QUOTE]

Or do this lol.

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='Metroidman']Sorry for bugging you so much Tony but do you have an ETA on the Dawn of War pack? I'm super interested in it :D[/QUOTE]

Negative, no ETA yet, finalizing details.

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']Or do this lol.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]
If the publisher has already had it in a HIB, perhaps they'd be open to having the game for $5.99 before coupon? I could imagine that would sell pretty well to people who missed HIB 6 or are only interested in Vessel.

I already have it myself, just a thought.

[quote name='Idiotekque']Just a heads up, Vessel was in Humble Bundle 6, so you can probably find it for much cheaper on the trading thread (with 4 other games).

The game isn't really worth more than a dollar or two by itself, since being in a HIB devalues it.[/QUOTE]

Damn, I was looking at vessel as well, hoping to get it for pretty cheap after the 5 dollar discount. I'm glad I read this because I bought HB6 and already have vessel in my steam library. I have too many games.

[quote name='Idiotekque']If the publisher has already had it in a HIB, perhaps they'd be open to having the game for $5.99 before coupon? I could imagine that would sell pretty well to people who missed HIB 6 or are only interested in Vessel.

I already have it myself, just a thought.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, there's some logic there. I'll hit up the Strange Loop guys about it, didn't realize it was HIB previously.

Cheers,
Tony

Ooooh @ the thought of $1 to $2 games. :D

[quote name='MysterD']
We really need to get some modern-day NHL and Madden games from EA on the PC - that'd be great. :D[/QUOTE]

If you figure out how to convince EA of that, you'll be king of the internets.

(I left this response unposted while I went to run an errand; and while I was driving, talked myself into buying NBA 2K13. I'm not an NBA fan, and I have a huge backlog of other games; but if I want to see more sports games on PC, I probably ought to support some of the ones that are already available.)

(And yes, I know that they're different publishers, but EA is better at following the money than getting out front on their own; and besides, I bought the EA sports games a couple months ago.)

My feedback based on the games i was interested on:

The Walking Dead - $12.49 ($7.49 post coupon). IMO great deal, Telltale is not the kind of publisher that likes big sales, they don't do price drops and i don't think they were gonna let their best game in years sell for $5 during a whole week. Bought it.

Mass Effect 3 - $14.99 ($9.99 after coupon)/Mass Effect 3 DD - $19.99 ($14.99 after coupon). EA totally dropped the ball with this one, it was one of the games i was looking forward to get and when i saw the price i gotta say i was disappointed. It has been much cheaper on other retailers.

Kingdoms of Amalur + 2 DLC - $14.99 ($9.99 after coupon). Great deal, no complaints here, Bought it.

Max Payne 3 - $14.99 ($9.99 after coupon). Thought i didn't picked the game up and i'm still hesitating about it (not too keen on the DRM) i think it's a great deal, no complaints here.

Dark Souls $17.99 - ($12.99 after coupon). I would had picked up this game for $10 but i think the reason why this game didn't went for that price on the January sale was because it was on sale for a higher one on the last days of December. Would be picking it up later for cheap, it's not a great port and comes with GFWL included.

Saints Row The Third: The Full Package - $12.49 pre coupon ($7.49 after coupon). Great deal for those who don't own the game yet, not a great deal for those who already have it and wanted only the DLC (like me), i don't see the point on wasting a coupon for it when the game was on sale for the exact same price on Steam during a whole weekend (without counting flash and daily deals). I was expecting to be on the same price like it was on December with the THQ discount.

Spec Ops: The Line: $7.49 ($2.49 after coupon). I would love to see more games a la carte like this one, not everybody is interested on buying a bundle when they own most of the games on it and only want one of them. I would like to see the Rockstar games a la carte (GTA IV/L.A Noire) with a good discount using the coupons, same case with the NFS games or the WB games for example.

[quote name='Idiotekque']Wait, the Dragon Age pack is $2 more than last year?

Tony... my man. Out of sheer morbid curiosity, why?[/QUOTE]

In short, data analysis. I'm trying to figure out how to go into more detail appropriately...

I THINK this works, but still may be to vague to really mean anything, apologies if this is the case.

Basically, what it boils down to is, lower price points almost always mean more customers but don't always mean "that was the best decision we could have made". A massive amount of customer interaction with a promotion trumps most other metrics but when we run deals that don't hit "massive adoption" we look for ways to create a still compelling deal, but focus less on it reaching as many people as possible. This is why I say "repeat of this sale will be determined by current sale performance".

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='spoderman']I was hoping Syndicate would be around $2.50 after credit. It was $5 very recently on Amazon without any promo credit, which is why the deal isn't all that great for this promotion. I expect prices to be cheaper with promo credit, not the same price as it was a week or two ago when no credit promotions were running for it.[/QUOTE]
I agree with this. I, too, was hoping for $2.50 post-coupon.

In my opinion, if the price is going to be a repeat deal, it should be under similar circumstances - in this case, that'd be $5 without coupon, coupon isn't valid on the game.

[quote name='Mooby'](Hopeful instant-buy prices, all prices after-coupon)

Hell Yeah -- $2.50ish
Realms of Ancient War -- $2.50ish
Risen 2 -- $5ish[/QUOTE]
This +

Condemned Criminal Origins: $3
Saint's Row 2: $2.5
Binary Domain: $4 ($5 would be a probably, but it's not quite an instant buy)
I am alive: $3 (if Steam)

I know that I'm missing a bunch, too. :whistle2:(

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']In short, data analysis. I'm trying to figure out how to go into more detail appropriately...

I THINK this works, but still may be to vague to really mean anything, apologies if this is the case.

Basically, what it boils down to is, lower price points almost always mean more customers but don't always mean "that was the best decision we could have made". A massive amount of customer interaction with a promotion trumps most other metrics but when we run deals that don't hit "massive adoption" we look for ways to create a still compelling deal, but focus less on it reaching as many people as possible. This is why I say "repeat of this sale will be determined by current sale performance".

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]
Being a smartass here, but basically "We can probably get more money for it from the stragglers who missed the sale last year", right? ;)

I get it, it's just pretty disappointing. It smacks of the Steam Winter sale, where they offered a lower discount on a lot of things (for example, 66% off on Terraria, when it's usually 75% off).

I understand where you're coming from, I just don't connect "repeat sales at higher prices" with Amazon, I connect that to Steam. Hopefully this doesn't become a regular occurrence, because I can't say that's a nice sentiment to be tied to.

[quote name='KaOTiK']Any chance we can see a sale on MX vs ATV Reflex ? It is a THQ game and I think the only title they have that I don't own and do want. Maybe they'd be willing to to do a deep sale on it since they never have before anywhere?[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I don't have that one either. It might be tempting....

[quote name='KaOTiK']BTW, how did Toilet Tycoon do on sales? :D[/QUOTE]

I can't believe no one has said this and I can't believe I'm about to:

It tanked.

OK, now that the Steam sale is over I realize I want these games:

Post Mortem
Still Life
Still Life 2

Of which each were apparently $2.50 during the sale and all but I think Still life were in bundles. The Gala Store has Sill Life and Still Life 2 in a bundle currently at a BTA of $3.99. What are the chances of getting all 3 (in Steamable variety?) from Amazon at a reasonable price point of say $5-$8?

Edit: ...and the Meridian4 Collection is bought. :)

I also realize that apparently I have no sense of things that are hot anymore as this is the third time in a month I have blistered the roof of my mouth on melted cheese. :dunce:

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Neuro5i5']OK, now that the Steam sale is over I realize I want these games:

Post Mortem
Still Life
Still Life 2

Of which each were apparently $2.50 during the sale and all but I think Still life were in bundles. The Gala Store currently has Sill Life and Still Life 2 in a bundle currently at $3.99. What are the chances of getting all 3 (in Steamable variety?) from Amazon at a reasonable price point of say $5-$8?

I also realize that apparently I have no sense of things that are hot anymore as this is the third time in a month I have blistered the roof of my mouth on melted cheese. :dunce:[/QUOTE]

Oh, it'd be mad cool if Amazon DVG sold a bundle w/ all the old Microids Games:
Post Mortem; Still Life 1; Still Life 2; Syberia 1; and Syberia 2.

[quote name='Idiotekque']Being a smartass here, but basically "We can probably get more money for it from the stragglers who missed the sale last year", right? ;)

I get it, it's just pretty disappointing. It smacks of the Steam Winter sale, where they offered a lower discount on a lot of things (for example, 66% off on Terraria, when it's usually 75% off).

I understand where you're coming from, I just don't connect "repeat sales at higher prices" with Amazon, I connect that to Steam. Hopefully this doesn't become a regular occurrence, because I can't say that's a nice sentiment to be tied to.[/QUOTE]

That is definitely an understandable, if incorrect, interpretation. A better boiled down version is thst I'm constantly negotiating promos with publishers and I'm less inclined to negotiate aggressively without a battery of data showing why it is a good idea.

Cheers,
Tony

Being a smartass here, but basically "We can probably get more money for it from the stragglers who missed the sale last year", right?

I understand where you're coming from, I just don't connect "repeat sales at higher prices" with Amazon, I connect that to Steam. Hopefully this doesn't become a regular occurrence, because I can't say that's a nice sentiment to be tied to.

The [US] economy could also play a factor.
Many retail stores had higher price points and lower discounts [as an average] on many consumer items. Many think it is because the [US] economy is improving, and consumers are loosening their spending habits, and willing to spend more.

In contrast, a year [or more] ago, the economy was much tighter, and in order to get people to spend money, they had to view the promotion as an excellent deal. I remember watching CNBC, and that "Kramer" guy talking about how retailers were expecting a lower than normal spending season, and they had to entice consumer to come out to the stores.

I know for me, when I got up at 5 am [this year] to hit the department stores on Black Friday, I saw many of the above first hand. Deals, when compared to the previous year, were not as good. HOWEVER, imo, that does not mean they were bad deals. There were many good buys at many stores.

Again, this is all Sunday Morning political/economics pundit talk, personal experience, and a combination of a few articles [and not necessarily fact]. Not trying to derail, and I don't even know if it applies to digital software, but I have a feeling this is how it played out in the physical retail sector.

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']That is definitely an understandable, if incorrect, interpretation. A better boiled down version is thst I'm constantly negotiating promos with publishers and I'm less inclined to negotiate aggressively without a battery of data showing why it is a good idea.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]
I'm trying to better understand how your marketing works for future reference, so could you explain why offering something for $2 more a year later would be a "good idea" as opposed to the same price being a "bad idea", or vice versa?

Obviously if something sells just as well at $2 more than it did for $2 less, it's a "good idea" to sell it for $2 more from a business perspective. My smartass comment was basically just saying that.

@UW_Shocks: True, didn't think of that. Although I didn't know that the economy has gotten much better, lol.

[quote name='MysterD']Oh, it'd be mad cool if Amazon DVG sold a bundle w/ all the old Microids Games:
Post Mortem; Still Life 1; Still Life 2; Syberia 1; and Syberia 2.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I could probably live with Syberia 1 & 2 being included. :) Why do I always see these things AFTER sales end?

@Jrodri86

The thing for me w/ most of these deals - I owned most of that BEFORE the EC sale EXCEPT The Walking Dead.
Most of those are great deals, IMHO.

Spec Ops: The Line for $2.49 is a bloody steal.

SR:TT - The Full Package's Steam price was matched by Amazon DVG at $7.49 in end of December; and you could've gotten it for $2.49, if you had a THQ $5 off coupon.

Of course, I bought TWD as soon as it hit $7.49 here during EC; which is my only EC purchase so far.

I actually played it to completion last month. Vessel is refreshing platformer/puzzler. I only ran into a few teeny little bugs. I can recommend it. Though I got it in HIB, I'd have been happy paying up to $7.50 in retrospect.

[quote name='Idiotekque']Wait, the Dragon Age pack is $2 more than last year?[/QUOTE]

CamelCamelCamel (in my sig) is a great price tracker for Amazon. I recommend finding the ASIN on the product you want and searching the camel with that.

[quote name='KaOTiK']Tony,

Any chance we can see a sale on MX vs ATV Reflex ? It is a THQ game and I think the only title they have that I don't own and do want. Maybe they'd be willing to to do a deep sale on it since they never have before anywhere?[/QUOTE]

I'd buy that at a good price.

[quote name='asheskitty']CamelCamelCamel (in my sig) is a great price tracker for Amazon. I recommend finding the ASIN on the product you want and searching the camel with that.[/QUOTE]
Nah, I know what price it is. I guess that Tony mistakenly listed the price for it (this year) for being $1 higher than what it was last year, and then corrected it to the current price shown ($2 more than last year).

It was $7 after coupon last year.

[quote name='Idiotekque']I'm trying to better understand how your marketing works for future reference, so could you explain why offering something for $2 more a year later would be a "good idea" as opposed to the same price being a "bad idea", or vice versa?

Obviously if something sells just as well at $2 more than it did for $2 less, it's a "good idea" to sell it for $2 more from a business perspective. My smartass comment was basically just saying that.

@UW_Shocks: True, didn't think of that. Although I didn't know that the economy has gotten much better, lol.[/QUOTE]

Good question responding from my phone so sorry for typos.

You are only using two metrics to look at this:

Units sold
Money collected

Things like unique customers, new customers, etc. are other important metrics (and not the only ones). Additionally the goals for each specific promotion are often different.

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='KaOTiK']Tony,

Any chance we can see a sale on MX vs ATV Reflex ? It is a THQ game and I think the only title they have that I don't own and do want. Maybe they'd be willing to to do a deep sale on it since they never have before anywhere?

BTW, how did Toilet Tycoon do on sales? :D[/QUOTE]

I whole heartily support this, a deal on this and even Titan Quest Gold would be super awesome. Lol I totally missed the Toilet Tycoon sale, hopefully that will return lol.

I think what also might be a part of it might be how the split works between what Amazon gets and what the publisher gets. Selling it for more might mean a bigger cut for Amazon (as well as the publisher) that makes up for lost sales.

And, as much as people like to bemoan that it was cheaper elsewhere, it isn't cheaper elsewhere NOW.

Now, I'll take my turn for constructive criticism. This is actually my first year dealing with Amazon as a download retailer. It has been that way mostly because the offers didn't match up with what I wanted at the time.

My feeling with this promo is that I'm playing "Let's Make A Deal". Either I take what is presented to me up front, which are some good deals but nothing that would be on my wishlist. Or, do I wait to see behind the curtain to see if it is something I want more? Course, if I do that, it could just be the booby prize and I'm left holding a coupon that does me no good. I understand Tony is continuing to negotiate deals for sales, but the uncertainty might force me to pick up some lesser games to feel like I'm taking advantage of the deal.

As for what I want, the only real want I have for this deal is Crusader Kings II for $10 before coupon. I appreciate the Paradox packs, but I didn't have much interest in most of the games in those packs.

[quote name='Idiotekque']Nah, I know what price it is. I guess that Tony mistakenly listed the price for it (this year) for being $1 higher than what it was last year, and then corrected it to the current price shown ($2 more than last year).

It was $7 after coupon last year.[/QUOTE]

That's just the devaluation of the USD. ^_~

[quote name='MysterD']@Jrodri86

The thing for me w/ most of these deals - I owned most of that BEFORE the EC sale EXCEPT The Walking Dead.
Most of those are great deals, IMHO.

Spec Ops: The Line for $2.49 is a bloody steal.

SR:TT - The Full Package's Steam price was matched by Amazon DVG at $7.49 in end of December; and you could've gotten it for $2.49, if you had a THQ $5 off coupon.

Of course, I bought TWD as soon as it hit $7.49 here during EC.
My only EC purchase so far.[/QUOTE]

I got the Tantalizing Medley with the THQ coupon mostly because of S.T.A.L.K.E.R and Space Marine, no regrets there. I was just hoping for the same deal on the SRTT stuff on January :cry:.

I got Spec Ops as well (so far Amalur, TWD and Spec Ops for me).

[quote name='jrodri86']
Dark Souls $17.99 - ($12.99 after coupon). I would had picked up this game for $10 but i think the reason why this game didn't went for that price on the January sale was because it was on sale for a higher one on the last days of December. Would be picking it up later for cheap, it's not a great port and comes with GFWL included.
[/QUOTE]

DSFix makes the PC Dark Souls by far the best on any platform, by a few miles. Plus you get all the DLC released up to this point.
True 1080P rendering
Anti-aliasing or whatever nicer graphic effects you want
All DLC
Texture Replacements
Framerate problems fixed, run at a solid 60+fps

Though yeah I agree that GFWL sucks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back