Amazon PCDD $12.49 Walking Dead ($7.49 after coupon)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amazon DVG Deals

Official Representative
Feedback
4 (100%)
Hi CAGs,

I'll be posting deals we're running on Digital Games (PC/Mac, Free to Play, Sony/Microsoft Points/Subs).

I'm also here to answer questions you might have, get you closer to the developers by hosting Q&As, setting up podcasts, live streaming gameplay etc. If I don't respond to a question you have in thread please send me a PM. These ping my email address and make it more likely that I will see your question and respond more quickly.

FYI. EA Games sold by Amazon will not activate on Steam.

Digital Holiday

1/5-1/12

The Walking Dead - $12.49 ($7.49 post coupon)

1/11-1/13:

Alice: Madness Returns: The Complete Collection - $11.99 pre coupon (6.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Dragon Age Pack PC - $12.99 pre-coupon ($7.99 after coupon) - not Steam

1/18-1/20:

Need for Speed: The Run - $8.99 ($3.99 after coupon) - not Steam
EA Sports Classic Pack - $8.99 ($3.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Syndicate - $9.99 ($4.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Crysis Maximum Maximum -$17.99 ($12.99 after coupon) - not Steam

1/13-1/19:

Tantalizing THQ Medley - $11.99 pre coupon ($6.99 after coupon) - Steam

1/11-1/12:

Darksiders Franchise Pack - $13.19 before coupon ($8.19 after coupon) - Steam
Saints Row The Third: The Full Package - $12.49 pre coupon ($7.49 after coupon) - Steam

1/29-1/31:

Burning Hot Bundle - $11.99 ($6.99 after coupon)

F.A.Q.S.:

1. Does the game I'm buying from Amazon Activate on Steam/Origin/Uplay? What DRM does the game use?

There are two places to identify DRM on a digital video game detail page:

At the top of the page, below the title:

16hm7a8.png

In the "Product Description" section:

r06ykl.jpg

2. Note on Electronic Arts Games - For the most part, EA games sold on Amazon do not activate on Steam. Most activate on Origin.

3. Note on DRM with limited activations:

Our Policy

4. Sometimes I'll do giveaways.

5. I work with developers and publishers to get fun (or at least what I think is fun) content to share with you all. Here are some examples:

a. Check out the Pax Gameplay videos here: Xcom: Enemy Unknown I played Xcom with Jake, the Creative Director for the game, a few months before the game came out Also, on this page, check out the Q&A, also a community driven event.

b. Check out the interview on this page: Borderlands 2 we did this interview at E3 with Randy Pitchford this year.

c. We've partnered with the ++GoodGames Podcast to feature many of the games we carry. They talk to the developers about the game development process, how the games are conceptualized and managed, all kinds of fun stuff. I'm working on putting together full link list and will update when I have it.

What else do we sell?

Xbox Live Points and Subscriptions:

1600 Microsoft Live Points
4000 Microsoft Live Points
12 Month XBOX Live Subscription
3 Month XBOX Live Subscription]
12 Month + 1 XBOX Live Subscription

PSN+ Subscriptions and PSN Points:

$20 PSN Points
$50 PSN Points
12 Month PSN+ Subscription
3 Month PSN+ Subscription

We also have a Free-2-Play store supported by our GameConnect technology. Gameconnect allows you to link your Amazon.com account with free-2-play and MMO accounts so that you can buy things like in game currency, premium game time/subscriptions, in game items, etc. on Amazon.com using your Amazon.com payment options and have this content delivered directly into your game.

To check out the Free-2-Play games we offer you can visit our storefront here:

Free-2-Play Store

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='sunasun']You Don't Know Jack (Before Coupon) 7.49
(After Coupon)
2.49.. Really, you had to look at this spoiler??
Bioshock Mega Combo
KHJ67-K8CM2-6HM7J
[/QUOTE]

For some strange reason I found this fun..

[quote name='aShufflinZombie']Oops you CAN get Alice 1 with the Steam key. First you need to register the steam key in Steam. When you are in your library bring Alice: Madness Returns up. Copy the CD key from the link in the description. Paste the key into Origin as a product. When you download the Origin version, it includes Alice 1.

I have not personally tried it but this may mean that you only need the standard steam key.[/QUOTE]

Excellent -- I had no idea that Steam products could also be registered on Origin. The only Origin game I had was Kingdoms of Amalur, so I decided to populate my list:

• Alice: The Madness Returns and Dead Space 2 registered properly.
  • Dead Space 1 and Mirror's Edge didn't have determinable keys to try.
  • Mass Effect 1 did not register.
  • Dragon Age: Origins Ultimate Edition gave me a selection, as if it was registering properly, but instead of a confirmation screen I received a "page not found" error.

[quote name='Woodlands']Excellent -- I had no idea that Steam products could also be registered on Origin. The only Origin game I had was Kingdoms of Amalur, so I decided to populate my list:

• Alice: The Madness Returns and Dead Space 2 registered properly.
  • Dead Space 1 and Mirror's Edge didn't have determinable keys to try.
  • Mass Effect 1 did not register.
  • Dragon Age: Origins Ultimate Edition gave me a selection, as if it was registering properly, but instead of a confirmation screen I received a "page not found" error.
[/QUOTE]

If you livechat Origin support, they will help you register ME1 on Origin. Not sure about DAOUE though.

Well, I just got stomped on several times...I'm terribad with Jax.

Question guys,

We are about to launch a new pre-order campaign for an upcoming title and trying to decide on what incentive to go with. Here are the choices:

1. Pre-order X game and get your choice of one of games from the publisher of X game.
2. Pre-order X game and get $20 off ANY game or games from the publisher of game X. With promotions from publisher X happening around the same time as the campaign launches.
3. Pre-order X Game and get a $10 Amazon Promotional Credit
4. Pre-order X Game for Y% off

These are all real options we're kicking around, I'd like to hear your input, and why you chose what you chose.

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']Well, I just got stomped on several times...I'm terribad with Jax.

Question guys,

We are about to launch a new pre-order campaign for an upcoming title and trying to decide on what incentive to go with. Here are the choices:

1. Pre-order X game and get your choice of one of games from the publisher of X game.
2. Pre-order X game and get $20 off ANY game or games from the publisher of game X. With promotions from publisher X happening around the same time as the campaign launches.

These are all real options we're kicking around, I'd like to hear your input, and why you chose what you chose.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

1 and 2 will vary GREATLY depening on the publisher. As many people own some publishers entire lineup almost or some publishers only have a few gems in their lineup and it comes back to people probably owning them. These are good offers, but it really is a by publisher thing (I doubt you could tell us which publisher right now, I'm guessing maybe 2K with Bioshock Infinite coming around the corner maybe?).

3 is probably the weakest of the bunch imo

4. Depends on the % off, this has the chance to be the best, because most of us rather have our savings right up front and not tied into potentially another purchase. It is one of the reasons GMG has become so popular, preorders at great % off for hot new games.

If I had to select from those 4 choices, I"d pick the 4th one with the info currently provided.

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']Well, I just got stomped on several times...I'm terribad with Jax.

Question guys,

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

All of them could be great depending on what is offered. I really like number 4 though.

[quote name='Why_So_Serious']Any chance Dark Souls will be $10 after coupon this month? I want to get it but it's just a bit out of my reach.[/QUOTE]

The Dark Souls coupon sale just ended a few days ago [it was on sale for 10 days]. It was $13 after coupon. DS probably won't make a come back at that price during the January coupon sale.

[quote name='Idiotekque']Just a heads up, Vessel was in Humble Bundle 6, so you can probably find it for much cheaper on the trading thread (with 4 other games).

The game isn't really worth more than a dollar or two by itself, since being in a HIB devalues it.[/QUOTE]

I'd like to disagree.
Just because a game is part of a bundle, or has been cheaper at one point, does not devalue a game. It can bring attention to the game, yes. But that doesn't mean the game itself is worth less.

Vessel is an amazing game. Brilliant design, and it's just overall a gorgeous game. It's definitely a game people should check out, at any price.

Question guys,

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

Really hard to say which option I'd choose without the specifics, and here's why:

1. Nice option if the free game is one that I don't already have (and have interest in) or doesn't suck, if it's accepted as a generally crappy game (very poor metacritic scores, and bad user reviews) then I'd skip this option. Would also skip if I already own free game.

2. I think this option requires the least specifics, if you're running promotions on the games you can get for $20 off, I'd say this is a very good promo if the sale prices are right, but may depend on who the publisher is (some like to have sale prices near MSRP)

3. Not bad, but depends entirely on the % you get off from option 4. If credit is more than the % you'd save, I'd go with the credit IF you can spend it on anything on Amazon (not sure how promotional credit would apply?).

4. Depends on percentage off, and how it compares to option 3. If "promotional credit" from option 3 is limited in what you can use it on (not really sure what they usually apply to, I don't think I've ever preordered PCDD stuff on Amazon) I'd rather go with option 4.

I think overall, 2 and 4 are the best, but again.. really need specifics (which I know you probably can't tell us at this time).

Question guys,

2. Pre-order X game and get $20 off ANY game or games from the publisher of game X. With promotions from publisher X happening around the same time as the campaign launches.[/QUOTE]

These really depend on the publisher and their games. If it's a AAA publisher like WB or 2k, the answer is yes. If it's a niche publisher like 1c or Kalypso (Telltale excluded), I wouldn't bite.

Is this $10 store credit, or a $10 coupon similar to the $5 ones we have now? The first one is alot more attractive.

If Y is >25%, I doubt I'd be able to keep myself from pre-ordering if I was interested in the game. Anything less is not going to happen.

In the end, alot of this depends on the game. If it's not something I'd usually be into, then it would take something much more drastic to get me to preorder..

[quote name='stupidproz1']Here's my embarrassing haul: (For the past 2 months)[/QUOTE]
Oh, good. Finally someone with one more embarrassing than mine.
Sir, I salute you.

Question guys,

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

1. Depends on the publisher and what games we can select from. It becomes less attractive if you already own most of the catalog from that publisher. I reject most Steam games that come with a free copy of something I already own.

2. Same as above.

3. This is the best one to me since I can use this on anything indefinitly.

4. As a CAG I feel this is the worse since no matter the pre-order price I can always wait it out until the game hits a price I like on my own.

IMO pre-orders aren't worth buying unless they give me something that I wouldn't be able to acquire any other way. In-game items don't matter to me, discounts will be greater after game release, and another game is only good if I don't own it and want to play it.

I think money towards future purchases that don't expire, or at leas last maybe a year, are the only fair and balanced offers. It feels way less restrictive and can remain valuable until you're ready to make another purchase.

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']
[/QUOTE]
1. depends how restricted the selection is
2. might be good
3. not that good, basically most new games are $60, $50 aint that tempting
4. possibly the worst depending on the %

[quote name='guardian_owl']That only has a slight chance of happening if you 1.)unlock the frame rate from 30 FPS (which is off by default in the DSfix mod) and 2.)Play online, all of the rest of the improvements work perfectly fine with GFWL.[/QUOTE]
Eh... that kinda kills it for me. 30 FPS, 2-3 feet away from a monitor looks awful.

[quote name='LN3000']I'd like to disagree.
Just because a game is part of a bundle, or has been cheaper at one point, does not devalue a game. It can bring attention to the game, yes. But that doesn't mean the game itself is worth less.

Vessel is an amazing game. Brilliant design, and it's just overall a gorgeous game. It's definitely a game people should check out, at any price.[/QUOTE]
I'm not saying the game is suddenly crappier since it was in a bundle, I'm saying that whether anyone likes it or not, the game is worth less as soon as it's in a bundle. There are exceptions, like with Indie Royale (because it's usually pretty damn expensive), but in general, it's a universal rule that a bundle game is worth less in the eyes of everyone, because it's easier to pick up for a very low price.

In Vessel's case, no matter how good of a game it is, it was one of four games you got for a measly $1. That really kills it's value in the future. Heck, you can probably hop on the Steam thread and buy it (with the other three games) for 2 or 3 bucks.

[quote name='Idiotekque']it was one of four games you got for a measly $1.[/QUOTE]

If you're only paying $1 for the HIB, then you're totally doing it wrong. besides, you don't get any Steam keys for the minimum, so there's not a lot of value there, so I think that takes away a bit of your argument.

[quote name='LN3000']If you're only paying $1 for the HIB, then you're totally doing it wrong. besides, you don't get any Steam keys for the minimum, so there's not a lot of value there, so I think that takes away a bit of your argument.[/QUOTE]

$1 is the min to get Steam keys. There use to not be any min till the great coal incident of 2011

[quote name='LN3000']If you're only paying $1 for the HIB, then you're totally doing it wrong. besides, you don't get any Steam keys for the minimum, so there's not a lot of value there, so I think that takes away a bit of your argument.[/QUOTE]

What're you talking about? If you're a true cheapass, paying $1 is usually the best way to go unless the BTA games appeal to you. You get Steam keys for paying $1. Anyway, I agree with Idiotekque. Bundle inclusion does devalue games greatly, especially when a game is in a Humble Bundle. Many are bought for $1 and a lot of people grab extras. No matter how you look at it, if a game is nearly free to a massive amount of people.. it will be devalued.

Just an FYI:

If you can deal with nasty old school physical media, and you have an Ollie's Bargain Outlet near you, they're selling YDKJ for $2.99. :)

[quote name='sunasun']Hell Yeah!!!! My wife has wanted You Don't Know Jack for about a year and a half now, but it's never been marked off much. Make it Happen, Tony! or even make it 7.49 before coupon.[/QUOTE]

Well steam keys weren't even added until half way through HIB #2. The Humble Botanicula Debut was unusual in having a $5 min for steam keys.

Humble Bundle is truly Pay-What-You-Want. The only way to screw up it to miss it completely.

Question guys,

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

It's hard to say for sure when the games are unknown, but options #2 and #3 sound the most preferable to me.

Option #2 would be decent enough if it can be applied to ANY game, not as much if you're restricted to just one publisher.

Option #3 is nice because I can always use Amazon credit, but $10 isn't usually enough to get me to jump at a pre-order I wasn't already intending to make. Back when it was more common to see $20 Amazon promo credit on some console game pre-orders, that was enough to convince me into picking up several of those games that I probably wouldn't have otherwise.

The thing is, pre-orders in general are kind of a hard sell for me these days. With massive backlogs of games to play and prices dropping as fast as they do, a game has to be pretty special to want to plunk down a pre-order on it. Any deal good enough to make me reconsider waiting around months for a better price would be one I'd take notice of.

[quote name='spoderman']What're you talking about? If you're a true cheapass, paying $1 is usually the best way to go unless the BTA games appeal to you. You get Steam keys for paying $1. Anyway, I agree with Idiotekque. Bundle inclusion does devalue games greatly, especially when a game is in a Humble Bundle. Many are bought for $1 and a lot of people grab extras. No matter how you look at it, if a game is nearly free to a massive amount of people.. it will be devalued.[/QUOTE]

Because tons of people pay more than the minimum to support the (usually indie) developers and charities often associated with these bundles. I think plenty of "true cheapass" people here do that.

These are all real options we're kicking around, I'd like to hear your input, and why you chose what you chose.[/QUOTE]
For me, publisher-specific bonuses really depend on whether I already have the games or have interest in them, so it will be hit or miss. At least the nice thing about Amazon is that you get separate keys for the extra items, so at least one can give the dupes/unwanted keys away.

However, I mostly prefer a straight up discount. Amazon credit is ok if I can use it for whatever. And although I love Amazon, the discounts really need to be competitive with GMG and their ridiculously low preorder prices, since the cheapass in me will always go for the lowest price. I hate to pay a lot for new release games, since I have a huge backlog and the game will probably be a lot cheaper by the time I get around to playing it anyways.

Question guys,

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]
Disclaimer: I don't preorder many games anymore. After getting burned by TDU2 and Brink, I'm much more selective in what I buy before release. I did preorder Dishonored and Sleeping Dogs though, and didn't regret either.

Not really enough information to make a good decision. Like many have said, it depends heavily on the publisher. Option 1 is probably a non-starter, since I'd expect this to be a list of older titles from the publisher that most of us have probably already purchased on deep discount somewhere if we were interested. With option 2, how long would the credit be good for? There may not be anything the publisher has out that I want right now at the price they're currently asking, but 3-6 months down the road there may be a price drop or a new preorder that draws me in. Options 3 and 4 seems fairly interchangeable, with 4 being desired if the % off is $10 or more since it'd give me more flexibility with my money. Though if I'm being completely honest, GreenManGaming is the current market leader for preorders if it's a title they carry. For the CAG crowd you'd generally have to beat or match their 20-35% off to grab our interest.

Edit: If it's a multiplayer game, a 4-pack for the price of 3 deal that a lot of titles offer would be very enticing. Not one of the options you listed, but that's one of the most likely scenarios in which I'll preorder, if I can convince 3 other friends to play a game with me at launch and save all of us some cash.

Question guys,

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

Speaking as someone who has done pre-orders with Green Man Gaming, the $10 credit does help a lot towards encouraging someone to place their pre-order. And now that Green Man is generally not allowing 'doubling up' with their %off discount combined with their pre-order credit, Amazon should have generally identical prices.

The credit is usually a good incentive for me to place a pre-order down, esp. if it's someplace I know I'll be buying from again later. Probably my preferred option, as I imagine it being the 'best deal' (generally worth more than % off) and not as restrictive as 'free game from same publisher' or '$20 off a game from the same publisher', which can very likely go unused.

% off is appealing too, but I suspect it would not be as 'great' a deal as the credit, given that's how it usually goes.

[quote name='spoderman']What're you talking about? If you're a true cheapass, paying $1 is usually the best way to go unless the BTA games appeal to you. You get Steam keys for paying $1. Anyway, I agree with Idiotekque. Bundle inclusion does devalue games greatly, especially when a game is in a Humble Bundle. Many are bought for $1 and a lot of people grab extras. No matter how you look at it, if a game is nearly free to a massive amount of people.. it will be devalued.[/QUOTE]

My bad, I guess I was thinking about the BTA games. But either way, I guess that's still part of where I don't quite belong in this thread. I'm all good with getting games for cheap, but I think of it as a gift, rather than something I'm entitled to. ("Oh, I'm not going to pay anything more than $5 for a game ever, all the deals in the EC list are crap, why can't they be cheaper, blah blah". :p )

So I guess I'm a cheap ass, but also value the games themselves, and consider myself lucky if I'm able to get a game for really cheap. Rather than a "right" as some people treat it as.

And since the average is typically way more than $1, most people would probably agree with me.

I was not that impressed with the offerings, although I did get Hotline Miami at the price error, but after reading how last year was, it is kind of a bummer; The month is barely a week in though, so I am hoping to see more options.

I always pay the BTA price on Humble because I appreciate what they do and I give most of it to charity. Paying a dollar (or less) makes me feel like I am not even giving them enough money to keep the lights on but I won't pass judgement on those that choose to take an option offered to them.

4. Pre-order X Game for Y% off[/QUOTE]
Need more info because the variable is how badly you want X game. But...

1. Would depend on the games. Probably not a high appeal among gamers with considerable libraries. These things tend to be built around offering older games from a series... which you'd likely own if you were interested in the new game.
2. Would depend on the publisher and discounted games offered (could potentially be very cool), though it is more restrictive than general credit.
3. Assuming a new game is $50-$60, $10 off is 20% or less... I probably wouldn't bite unless I was planning to pre-order anyhow and couldn't find a better deal.
4. Depends on the % off

- 2 beats 3 because $20 is greater than $10 as long as the titles offered have appeal.
- 4 would have to be better than 20% unless I was already going to buy.

For me, potentially 1 or 2 depending on the variables.

1. Pre-order X game and get your choice of one of games from the publisher of X game.[/quote]
Chances are too good that I will already own most of the choices I would actually want.

Potentially same problem as above, but with the added issue of this becoming yet another credit I have no easy way to track, other than saving and remembering an email. Not to mention, if it has an expiration date, and nothing I like is a good value now, it will go to waste. No expiration date, and clean up the whole credits mess, and this would probably be my first choice.

Either of these would be my preference at the moment.

That said, this applies to me as well:
[quote name='KillingMachine']The thing is, pre-orders in general are kind of a hard sell for me these days. With massive backlogs of games to play and prices dropping as fast as they do, a game has to be pretty special to want to plunk down a pre-order on it. Any deal good enough to make me reconsider waiting around months for a better price would be one I'd take notice of.[/QUOTE]

Question guys,

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]
1. or 4.

Also: EC, kind of disappointing for me. Especially those Ubisoft prices. The only things of interest to me, 1.) I already own 2.) cost too much after coupon still *COUGH* EA *COUGH* 3.) was cheaper somewhere else already in some form regardless of international or not 4.) was already on sale and used Christmas coupon on or 5.)you ran out of keys-MP3

I wanted BF3, but I wanted just BF3 vanilla. Not interested in MP DLC.
I wanted C&C, price point hijacking by EA. After the gamersgate debacle I could've gotten C&C for 16$ yesterday if I had felt like it. Yeah I know INTERNATIONAL SITE! But deal is a deal. And Amazon IS going to lose out on sales from me if ANY site offering prices in USD has a better deal. Which brings me to,
Spec Ops: I had wanted this for a long time, but GMG beat Amazon to the sale. I got it from them for 4.75 after a trade in. HOWEVER, I did buy a second copy from Amazon for 2.49$.

I'm interested in Hotline Miami and TWD, but not really interested in picking them up right now.

I'm interested in the DA and Alice packs but price point is a 1$ or two much for my tastes. But I will probably still end up getting them both.

But what we've seen from upcoming deals, not much else seems so great aside from NFS maybe.

[quote name='arschloch']Code lurked! Rats!

(Not Bad Rats.)

But thanks for your generosity nevertheless. :D[/QUOTE]
Lol, I wasn't even sure anyone was gonna waste their time clicking all the spoilers. Sorry, it was lurked (everyone probably has Bioshock anyway)

[quote name='tjs09']For some strange reason I found this fun..[/QUOTE]
That pleases me. I might post some more depending on what I eventually use my coupons on.

[quote name='jkimrey']Just an FYI:

If you can deal with nasty old school physical media, and you have an Ollie's Bargain Outlet near you, they're selling YDKJ for $2.99. :)[/QUOTE]
I don't think they have those in Texas

Tony, any chance on the You Don't Know Jack Steam key?

Question guys,

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

1. I'd rather have more games from the publisher
2. Sounds interesting, pre-ordering gets you a good publisher discount, you get the chance to know more of the publisher line up.

3. If it DVG credit, there is more value in the first 2.
4. Doesn't really interest me, publishers these days tend to deliver unfinished products, sometimes coupled with an 0 dlc frenzy that while seemingly adding value, what causes is an split in the user base. Both things make it worth to wait for a goty version of the game, there is more value there. The discount would have to be hefty, 30%, to make it worth taking the leap of faith.

[quote name='Idiotekque']
I'd love all the Assassin's Creed games (except for the new one) a la carte for $2.50 each or so. Or the Dead Space games for $2.50 each.
[/QUOTE]

Would be my chance to *finally* getting into the AC series.

[quote name='DonRamon']1. I'd rather have more games from the publisher
2. Sounds interesting, pre-ordering gets you a good publisher discount, you get the chance to know more of the publisher line up.

3. If it DVG credit, there is more value in the first 2.
4. Doesn't really interest me, publishers these days tend to deliver unfinished products, sometimes coupled with an 0 dlc frenzy that while seemingly adding value, what causes is an split in the user base. Both things make it worth to wait for a goty version of the game, there is more value there. The discount would have to be hefty, 30%, to make it worth taking the leap of faith.

Would be my chance to *finally* getting into the AC series.[/QUOTE]

Honestly, an AC pack with 1,2,Br and Rev for 10-15$ after coupon would be an INSTANT buy for me.

Here's my wish list.
1. BL2 Season Pass (was 50% on GMG but I missed it)
2. Max Payne 3 (was $14.99 on Amazon but I expected it would last longer. damn!)
3. Far Cry 3
4. any DLC deals of decent games. (BL2-Season Pass, XCOM-Slingshot, Max Payne 3-Season Pass.. etc.)

any chance of these?

4. Pre-order X Game for Y% off[/QUOTE]

Option 4 would be best, depending on the Y% off. Sounds like the Y% would have to be at least 20% to make it a better deal than option 3. (Assuming a $60 game).
By "promotional credit" you mean $10 for anything on Amazon? :D

[quote name='shiree1']3. Far Cry 3?[/QUOTE]
Has already been on sale for $37, which I missed out on. So I'd be up for seeing it at that price again before the month is over.

Looks like a couple of games have been removed from the EC list. Anyone know which ones? (and doesn't look like the duplicate Vessel / Walking Dead ones were removed. Sloppy! :p )

Question guys,

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

i would say it would need to be a case by case basis, but
i would say option 2 or 1 depending on the games

Wow, what a pity I missed NFS Hot Pursuit last year for $2.99. I couldn't find it this year cheaper than $5

I will probably bite on Syndicate for $4.99, but was expecting it to be $2,50 like the others :/

About the preorder bonus, I think i would like the second option:
"2. Pre-order X game and get $20 (€ 15,24) off ANY game or games from the publisher of game X. With promotions from publisher X happening around the same time as the campaign launches."

Re: Pre-order promotions. Gotta be honest -- no promotion would entice me to preorder 99.99% of games. That said I'd assume most people would prefer Y% off where Y is fairly steep number. Although I realize you can't price match Green Man Gaming, to the consumer they are effectively your competition. If they can offer 35% off a Steamworks title discount you probably aren't going to beat them for sales unless you offer at least 25% off coupled with some promo coupon, etc.

Question guys,

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

I usually don't preorder. But the option #3 is tempting, you will compete with who I think is the preorder king right now: gmg.

I want to state my opinion about the current "coupon itch".

It is true I will prefer something like last year offers (free/really cheap games after coupons) BUT I don't feel disappointed because:

1- Amazon prices during winter sales were GREAT.
2- I didn't bought any game just for the coupon
3- I only wanted one game with good price after coupon: TWD. And grabbed Hotline Miami on the way too (I'm playing more Hotline Miami than TWD btw)
4- bought more games than I can actually play!

I'm not saying other people must think the same or are wrong in their way of thinking, I'm only saying how I feel and thanks Tony for all the work.

That being said, I would like Batman AC GOTY at $2.5 after coupon, to upgrade my vanilla version, BUT I will take that as a bonus, as I know the GOTY version will be $5 eventually sometime in the future, and I didn't even finish the game!

Question guys,

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

3 or 4 would be the most ideal for me. The $10 promotional credit thing is one of the reasons I used to pre-order console games all the time from Amazon back in 2009-2010 so if we could get something similar like that for digital downloads I would be pretty psyched.

Pre-ordering a game for a percentage off is also a really good choice, though. It's the reason why I pre-ordered some of my newer PC games through GreenManGaming ($30 Sleeping Dogs Limited Edition, $29 Hitman Absolution Professional Edition, $45 Dishonored, etc). If Amazon could do something closer to this with special pre-order pricing then I would love it.

[quote name='juanjava']I usually don't preorder. But the option #3 is tempting, you will compete with who I think is the preorder king right now: gmg.

[/QUOTE]

i second this!

It usually depends on what you're getting free. Most of the time the games offered are at MSRP and we aren't going to go crazy for Just Cause 2 even if the price says $30. The other thing many of us already have the games. If you did something like preorder Bioshock Infinite and get Borderlands 2 people might jump. Not the same publisher but the best example I can come up with.

That's enticing but a hard sale for me. I'm taking a chance on a game that hasn't been released yet and on a good promotion on a game I don't own yet.

I see this and I think that's 10 dollars off. On something like Black Ops 2 I wouldn't bite because there are better deals elsewhere on console (plus I can resale if I hate it). That's the case most of the time.

This is pretty solid. Lessens the blow of buying a full price game. If you did something like 33% off Bioshock Infinite it'd be hard for me to pass up.

[quote name='Mooby']Re: Pre-order promotions. Gotta be honest -- no promotion would entice me to preorder 99.99% of games. That said I'd assume most people would prefer Y% off where Y is fairly steep number. Although I realize you can't price match Green Man Gaming, to the consumer they are effectively your competition. If they can offer 35% off a Steamworks title discount you probably aren't going to beat them for sales unless you offer at least 25% off coupled with some promo coupon, etc.[/QUOTE]

^This for me as well. I went though about a 3 year period of pre-ordering (console titles), but that was when the credits were $15-$20 back along with other pre-order bonuses as well as best price guarantee. Since becoming a born-again PCDD CAG, my eyes have been opened. Percentages lower than (I'll be generous) 66% off 'older' titles (for me older starts at 3 months according to new sales strength) means likely no sale. Less than $15 'cash' back on new-release MSP means likely no sale. Honestly, based on Amazon's audience, this is probably one of toughest threads to attempt to sell pre-orders in. To John Q NonCAG, any of the 4 previously mentioned choices would seem beneficial (i.e. better than nothing). But, to the informed, I feel while people are expressing their preference for seemingly #4, I'd like to know how many would truly, honestly take any of those offers as opposed to waiting for the next big sale.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back