Amazon PCDD $12.49 Walking Dead ($7.49 after coupon)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amazon DVG Deals

Official Representative
Feedback
4 (100%)
Hi CAGs,

I'll be posting deals we're running on Digital Games (PC/Mac, Free to Play, Sony/Microsoft Points/Subs).

I'm also here to answer questions you might have, get you closer to the developers by hosting Q&As, setting up podcasts, live streaming gameplay etc. If I don't respond to a question you have in thread please send me a PM. These ping my email address and make it more likely that I will see your question and respond more quickly.

FYI. EA Games sold by Amazon will not activate on Steam.

Digital Holiday

1/5-1/12

The Walking Dead - $12.49 ($7.49 post coupon)

1/11-1/13:

Alice: Madness Returns: The Complete Collection - $11.99 pre coupon (6.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Dragon Age Pack PC - $12.99 pre-coupon ($7.99 after coupon) - not Steam

1/18-1/20:

Need for Speed: The Run - $8.99 ($3.99 after coupon) - not Steam
EA Sports Classic Pack - $8.99 ($3.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Syndicate - $9.99 ($4.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Crysis Maximum Maximum -$17.99 ($12.99 after coupon) - not Steam

1/13-1/19:

Tantalizing THQ Medley - $11.99 pre coupon ($6.99 after coupon) - Steam

1/11-1/12:

Darksiders Franchise Pack - $13.19 before coupon ($8.19 after coupon) - Steam
Saints Row The Third: The Full Package - $12.49 pre coupon ($7.49 after coupon) - Steam

1/29-1/31:

Burning Hot Bundle - $11.99 ($6.99 after coupon)

F.A.Q.S.:

1. Does the game I'm buying from Amazon Activate on Steam/Origin/Uplay? What DRM does the game use?

There are two places to identify DRM on a digital video game detail page:

At the top of the page, below the title:

16hm7a8.png

In the "Product Description" section:

r06ykl.jpg

2. Note on Electronic Arts Games - For the most part, EA games sold on Amazon do not activate on Steam. Most activate on Origin.

3. Note on DRM with limited activations:

Our Policy

4. Sometimes I'll do giveaways.

5. I work with developers and publishers to get fun (or at least what I think is fun) content to share with you all. Here are some examples:

a. Check out the Pax Gameplay videos here: Xcom: Enemy Unknown I played Xcom with Jake, the Creative Director for the game, a few months before the game came out Also, on this page, check out the Q&A, also a community driven event.

b. Check out the interview on this page: Borderlands 2 we did this interview at E3 with Randy Pitchford this year.

c. We've partnered with the ++GoodGames Podcast to feature many of the games we carry. They talk to the developers about the game development process, how the games are conceptualized and managed, all kinds of fun stuff. I'm working on putting together full link list and will update when I have it.

What else do we sell?

Xbox Live Points and Subscriptions:

1600 Microsoft Live Points
4000 Microsoft Live Points
12 Month XBOX Live Subscription
3 Month XBOX Live Subscription]
12 Month + 1 XBOX Live Subscription

PSN+ Subscriptions and PSN Points:

$20 PSN Points
$50 PSN Points
12 Month PSN+ Subscription
3 Month PSN+ Subscription

We also have a Free-2-Play store supported by our GameConnect technology. Gameconnect allows you to link your Amazon.com account with free-2-play and MMO accounts so that you can buy things like in game currency, premium game time/subscriptions, in game items, etc. on Amazon.com using your Amazon.com payment options and have this content delivered directly into your game.

To check out the Free-2-Play games we offer you can visit our storefront here:

Free-2-Play Store

Last edited by a moderator:
Does the Anno 2070 Digital Deluxe edition include all the DLC associated with the game? I'm not familiar with the series, but I want to try it out.

[quote name='60fps']Does the Anno 2070 Digital Deluxe edition include all the DLC associated with the game? I'm not familiar with the series, but I want to try it out.[/QUOTE]

Anno 2070 comes with some really bad DRM (Solidshield Tages 3 machines activations limit).

Take this in consideration before buying the game.

[quote name='jrodri86']Anno 2070 comes with some really bad DRM (Solidshield Tages 3 machines activations limit).

Take this in consideration before buying the game.[/QUOTE]
And last I heard, it had always on DRM.

Did that get patched out?

[quote name='Idiotekque']And last I heard, it had always on DRM.

Did that get patched out?[/QUOTE]

Nope, still has always online DRM, your save files are stored on the Ubi servers and you need to login everytime to play the game. If the servers are down you're pretty much screwed.

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']THQ stuff is matched. Hamsters are sprinting like madmen.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

I must have missed the first time this was posted. What is the reference to hamsters with price matches?

[quote name='shaggyc']I must have missed the first time this was posted. What is the reference to hamsters with price matches?[/QUOTE]
Amazon is staffed by a crack team of highly intelligent hamsters.

I must have had a $5 promotional credit for getting an app or something because I had $5 "promotional" off Darksiders II and another $6.50 for the code bringing it to $13.74

SCOOOOOOOORRRREEEEEE!!!! :applause::applause::applause::applause:

[quote name='Syntax Error']I must have had a $5 promotional credit for getting an app or something because I had $5 "promotional" off Darksiders II and another $6.50 for the code bringing it to $13.74

SCOOOOOOOORRRREEEEEE!!!! :applause::applause::applause::applause:[/QUOTE]

I just checked and I believe that is the $5 pre order credit we got from buying the THQ pack. My page shows an additional $5 off of DSII as well and I got the THQ pack.

I didn't get the THQ pack though. Haven't bought any games from Amazon for a few weeks now. I do sometimes grab the Free App of the Day and my wife sometimes gets credit for doing that so I assumed that's it.

But I'm also happy to not overthink it and just enjoy my 73% savings :lol:

Is there a way to check what your promo credit is for? I have $24 in credit, but every time I try to check out with a game, it doesn't apply any of the credit. I can only assume that this is because that credit is only valid on certain items, but I'll be damned if I know what games they might be.

[quote name='Syntax Error']I didn't get the THQ pack though. Haven't bought any games from Amazon for a few weeks now. I do sometimes grab the Free App of the Day and my wife sometimes gets credit for doing that so I assumed that's it.

But I'm also happy to not overthink it and just enjoy my 73% savings :lol:[/QUOTE]

Hmmm, interesting.

[quote name='The End']Is there a way to check what your promo credit is for? I have $24 in credit, but every time I try to check out with a game, it doesn't apply any of the credit. I can only assume that this is because that credit is only valid on certain items, but I'll be damned if I know what games they might be.[/QUOTE]

That sounds like War of Roses credit. $6 off the individual game. $18 off the 4 pack. Try adding those to your cart.

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']That sounds like War of Roses credit. $6 off the individual game. $18 off the 4 pack. Try adding those to your cart.[/QUOTE]

Bingo. That was it. Thanks Fox.

EDIT: Still...I really wish there was an easy way to check if a promo credit is only valid on certain items, and to be able to see what those items might be. I'm sure they sent me email about this, but one can't always keep track of these things.

Last edited by a moderator:
@Tony
Are guys going to PM Spec Ops: The Line?

Or you going to have a BETTER deal than GameFly soon enough?
It's right now on GameFly $5.99 w/ coupon 2GFT82012; $7.49 w/out coupon...

@Tony
Everyone seems to say that you send out steam keys for preorders when they become available to you. Any word on when you'll be getting XCOM keys to send out?

I normally don't care much about the whole preloading thing, but that game is enormous!

[quote name='MysterD']@Tony
Are guys going to PM Spec Ops: The Line?

Or you going to have a BETTER deal than GameFly soon enough?
It's right now on GameFly $5.99 w/ coupon 2GFT82012; $7.49 w/out coupon...[/QUOTE]

Don't read too much into his lack of responses. I think he's vacationing again. This is probably a direct result of having a job in the Top 10 in the history of the world. He's a bum ( ;) ) who likes to play hooky, take time off and lay around, daydreaming about "The Old Days" when he didn't feel compelled to check a deals forum dedicated to games full of (awesomely) insane people just to guarantee wild PM's and feral hamsters are running around in flaming loops.

Alas, such a world does not exist. Not for him! So he'll check back eventually.

For what it's worth, I don't see a price match on The Darkness 2 or Spec Ops: The Line either. Tony's gone and the asylum's power just failed. It's every nutcase for himself. Dibs on the extra medicated JELLO cups! :p

Just went ahead and picked up Spec-Ops at gamefly for 5.99 w/coupon. Cheapest I've seen it, didn't even have to download their client, just got the steam key and activated it. How much was that OCTOFUN1 coupon taking off at amazon? 20 or 25 percent?

[quote name='deadpool253']Just went ahead and picked up Spec-Ops at gamefly for 5.99 w/coupon. Cheapest I've seen it, didn't even have to download their client, just got the steam key and activated it. How much was that OCTOFUN1 coupon taking off at amazon? 20 or 25 percent?[/QUOTE]

25%
Would have been $5.63; to me pretty much the same price.

[quote name='UW_Shocks']25%
Would have been $5.63; to me pretty much the same price.[/QUOTE]

25%

So if they do get around to price matching Spec Ops, and the coupon is still valid at that time, it would be $5.62. Cheaper than Gamefly, but nothing to loose any sleep over if you went ahead and bought from Gamefly.

EDIT: Ninja'd lol

Im sorry if this was mentioned already...It could be a coincidence but I ordered the $10 EA 5 pack bundle. Heck of a deal. Then in my e-mail was a coupon for 50% off any game in orgin. I might be shopping for another game!

[quote name='deadpool253']Thanks for the quick responses. If they price match The Darkness II then I'll get it on amazon tomorrow to throw them some love. :)[/QUOTE]

+1 here. Though Tony did respond to my earlier mail ("he'll look into it") of a possible 4.99 Halloween sale for Darkness II.

Still i might bite earlier at $5.62

[quote name='Dev518']Mercenaries 2 won't redeem on Origin. Is there anything that I can do to fix this?[/QUOTE]

Origin chat with customer support. I gave them my key and they added it manually.

[quote name='espy605']Origin chat with customer support. I gave them my key and they added it manually.[/QUOTE]
Thanks. I did that with Crysis + Crysis Warhead, but it took them a while. I was hoping that there was a quicker option.

[quote name='arsenhazzard']For those wondering how/why people are selling XCOM so cheap, it's ~$19 from the Steam store in Russia and the game has no region restrictions. Users there buy it from Steam and resell it for $28-30 to make a quick profit.[/QUOTE]

Could JakeNome possibly be doing that? Jw.

Wow didn't know about that Batman Arkham City Securom stuff. I got it from GetGamesGo non-Steam but dang.

Still nothing I can see using the 25% coupon for but if anyone only wants Arkham City in the Batman pack let me know, as I'm only looking for Arkham Asylum.

[quote name='UW_Shocks']25%
Would have been $5.63; to me pretty much the same price.[/QUOTE]

Yeah and now that amazon charges tax in PA I think my savings with amazon would have been even less than that. No tax with gamely

[quote name='manbar']My money for GF this time... sorry, Amazon.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I cheated on Tony. I gave Amazon a day to match, but when the 20% off code came up and I saw two relatively new games for under $6 a piece with Steam keys, I bit.

I did. The Darkness 2 and Spec Ops for less than $12 is pretty hot. Plus, I just found out with that purchase that Gamefly doesn't charge tax (unlike Origin)! If the keys had not been Steam (or Origin), I probably wouldn't have done it, but especially with Steam, I feel Steam is Steam is Steam.

If Tony puts a $5 deal on either of these games, I won't sweat the ~$1 I paid extra for either, but I'll be glad for others who get those deals. This is what I was talking about the other day when I said that I have a threshold where I judge the deal great enough that I won't be upset when a better deal shows up tomorrow, next month, or six months from now.

Because there's little chance of the deal being more than a few dollars since I only paid $6. But hey, Tony, feel free to prove me wrong! ;)

[quote name='HisDivineShadow']Yeah, I cheated on Tony. I gave Amazon a day to match, but when the 20% off code came up and I saw two relatively new games for under $6 a piece with Steam keys, I bit.

I did. The Darkness 2 and Spec Ops for less than $12 is pretty hot. Plus, I just found out with that purchase that Gamefly doesn't charge tax (unlike Origin)! If the keys had not been Steam (or Origin), I probably wouldn't have done it, but especially with Steam, I feel Steam is Steam is Steam.

If Tony puts a $5 deal on either of these games, I won't sweat the ~$1 I paid extra for either, but I'll be glad for others who get those deals. This is what I was talking about the other day when I said that I have a threshold where I judge the deal great enough that I won't be upset when a better deal shows up tomorrow, next month, or six months from now.

Because there's little chance of the deal being more than a few dollars since I only paid $6. But hey, Tony, feel free to prove me wrong! ;)[/QUOTE]

Then, make sure you play Spec Ops: The Line NOW. :p That way, your ONE whole dollar worth b/c you didn't have to wait to play; and b/c you didn't back-log that from GameFly and then Tony came up w/ an even better deal while your game is STILL untouched!

Tony has A LOT of GREAT deals here on a REGULAR basis that are VERY often trend-setting and others copy or try to better, I might add - so he's expected to miss or not PM some the other digital services got going on. He ain't going to win them all - especially since he seems to win MOST of them. :p

EDIT:
I'm also on the fence now here w/ Spec Ops: The Line - do I buy from GameFly now; or wait for Amazon DVG to PM; or Amazon DVG to tell us they got a better deal coming soon?
Thankfully, this is a GameFly weekend deal, so I can wait a little bit...
Thankfully, I'm still working on and playing Diablo 3 here, so I can wait a little bit...

[quote name='MysterD']Then, make sure you play Spec Ops: The Line NOW. :p That way, your ONE whole dollar worth b/c you didn't have to wait to play; and b/c you didn't back-log that from GameFly and then Tony came up w/ an even better deal while your game is STILL untouched!

Tony has A LOT of GREAT deals here on a REGULAR basis that are VERY often trend-setting and others copy or try to better, I might add - so he's expected to miss or not PM some the other digital services got going on. He ain't going to win them all - especially since he seems to win MOST of them. :p

EDIT:
I'm also on the fence now here w/ Spec Ops: The Line - do I buy from GameFly now; or wait for Amazon DVG to PM; or Amazon DVG to tell us they got a better deal coming soon?
Thankfully, this is a GameFly weekend deal, so I can wait a little bit...
Thankfully, I'm still working on and playing Diablo 3 here, so I can wait a little bit...[/QUOTE]
it's not a race, some people are discouraged by taxes when shopping and there's nothing to be done about it if the right competition can cause them to take their business elsewhere

california just started taxing amazon purchases and i've been extremely reluctant to purchase anything from there now due to that reason. i'll either get over it in time or i'll find an alternative i like

Huge thanks on matching Darksiders II. Had some gift credit I needed to burn and had $5 promo credit still in my account for some reason. $12 for Darksiders, how could I turn that down?

Don't know if this was answered yet but did Tony end up getting that Borderlands tattoo?

[quote name='aa.jetta']Huge thanks on matching Darksiders II. Had some gift credit I needed to burn and had $5 promo credit still in my account for some reason. $12 for Darksiders, how could I turn that down?

Don't know if this was answered yet but did Tony end up getting that Borderlands tattoo?[/QUOTE]

Yes, there's a picture in one of the first few pages of this thread (I think around 5 or 6).

Hey guys sorry I've been mia. In Florida for my last vacation before holiday really gets started. my niece and nephew really appreciate your patience and understanding.

Cheers,
Tony

Such a good deal on Darksiders 2. Im controlling myself cuz I know I wont play it for some time. Im only halfway through Darksiders 1, and I put it on hold to play Sleeping Dogs, which I put on hold to play Torchlight 2, which I put on hold to play Saints Row 3.

I cant believe how good Saints Row 3 is. Im 40 hours in and still loving it. Almost done, im at 90% completion. I loved all the side missions. Nothing in this game seems like a chore, except for those goddamn vehicle-stealing missions. Those are the only side missions I have left. Its such a pain in the ass to drive a slow fat ass truck across 2 boroughs with all your tires shot, while every cop and his mother is chasing you in cars, tanks and vtols. Its a good thing I have nitrous boost unlocked.

Hopefully Ill be done with SR3 by the 11th cuz of Xcom. cant wait!

Just picked up that EA pack enough though I just wanted Mirror's Edge. I have seen Mirror's Edge on sale many times for $5, but 4 more games for $3 (OCTOFUN1 code) makes it even better.

I was just about to buy Battlefield 3 Ultimate Shortcut Bundle and suddenly it shows : This item is currently unavailable. :whistle2:#

[quote name='HisDivineShadow']Yeah, I cheated on Tony. I gave Amazon a day to match, but when the 20% off code came up and I saw two relatively new games for under $6 a piece with Steam keys, I bit.

Because there's little chance of the deal being more than a few dollars since I only paid $6. But hey, Tony, feel free to prove me wrong! ;)[/QUOTE]
$1.00 for Darksiders II, Tony :bouncy:
sorry shadow.

[quote name='r9800pro']I was just about to buy Battlefield 3 Ultimate Shortcut Bundle and suddenly it shows : This item is currently unavailable. :whistle2:#[/QUOTE]

called some people. got your back yo!

Cheers,
Tony

Tony, your still doing BF3 for $10 right?

I'm heading down to Best Buy store to price-match Toys-R-Us for Skyrim @ $10 , but instead of having them also PM BF3 @ $10, I'll get it through Amazon to show support.

Thanks!

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']called some people. got your back yo!

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

Yep, it is up again now. Excellet service you got there dear Sir :applause:

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back