Amazon PCDD $12.49 Walking Dead ($7.49 after coupon)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amazon DVG Deals

Official Representative
Feedback
4 (100%)
Hi CAGs,

I'll be posting deals we're running on Digital Games (PC/Mac, Free to Play, Sony/Microsoft Points/Subs).

I'm also here to answer questions you might have, get you closer to the developers by hosting Q&As, setting up podcasts, live streaming gameplay etc. If I don't respond to a question you have in thread please send me a PM. These ping my email address and make it more likely that I will see your question and respond more quickly.

FYI. EA Games sold by Amazon will not activate on Steam.

Digital Holiday

1/5-1/12

The Walking Dead - $12.49 ($7.49 post coupon)

1/11-1/13:

Alice: Madness Returns: The Complete Collection - $11.99 pre coupon (6.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Dragon Age Pack PC - $12.99 pre-coupon ($7.99 after coupon) - not Steam

1/18-1/20:

Need for Speed: The Run - $8.99 ($3.99 after coupon) - not Steam
EA Sports Classic Pack - $8.99 ($3.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Syndicate - $9.99 ($4.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Crysis Maximum Maximum -$17.99 ($12.99 after coupon) - not Steam

1/13-1/19:

Tantalizing THQ Medley - $11.99 pre coupon ($6.99 after coupon) - Steam

1/11-1/12:

Darksiders Franchise Pack - $13.19 before coupon ($8.19 after coupon) - Steam
Saints Row The Third: The Full Package - $12.49 pre coupon ($7.49 after coupon) - Steam

1/29-1/31:

Burning Hot Bundle - $11.99 ($6.99 after coupon)

F.A.Q.S.:

1. Does the game I'm buying from Amazon Activate on Steam/Origin/Uplay? What DRM does the game use?

There are two places to identify DRM on a digital video game detail page:

At the top of the page, below the title:

16hm7a8.png

In the "Product Description" section:

r06ykl.jpg

2. Note on Electronic Arts Games - For the most part, EA games sold on Amazon do not activate on Steam. Most activate on Origin.

3. Note on DRM with limited activations:

Our Policy

4. Sometimes I'll do giveaways.

5. I work with developers and publishers to get fun (or at least what I think is fun) content to share with you all. Here are some examples:

a. Check out the Pax Gameplay videos here: Xcom: Enemy Unknown I played Xcom with Jake, the Creative Director for the game, a few months before the game came out Also, on this page, check out the Q&A, also a community driven event.

b. Check out the interview on this page: Borderlands 2 we did this interview at E3 with Randy Pitchford this year.

c. We've partnered with the ++GoodGames Podcast to feature many of the games we carry. They talk to the developers about the game development process, how the games are conceptualized and managed, all kinds of fun stuff. I'm working on putting together full link list and will update when I have it.

What else do we sell?

Xbox Live Points and Subscriptions:

1600 Microsoft Live Points
4000 Microsoft Live Points
12 Month XBOX Live Subscription
3 Month XBOX Live Subscription]
12 Month + 1 XBOX Live Subscription

PSN+ Subscriptions and PSN Points:

$20 PSN Points
$50 PSN Points
12 Month PSN+ Subscription
3 Month PSN+ Subscription

We also have a Free-2-Play store supported by our GameConnect technology. Gameconnect allows you to link your Amazon.com account with free-2-play and MMO accounts so that you can buy things like in game currency, premium game time/subscriptions, in game items, etc. on Amazon.com using your Amazon.com payment options and have this content delivered directly into your game.

To check out the Free-2-Play games we offer you can visit our storefront here:

Free-2-Play Store

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Larce80']spec ops + darkness 2 is not matched. Is gamefly a site that amazon doesnt match?[/QUOTE]

They do. Also use the "Tell us of a lower price" button on the game's amazon page.
Remember, it sounds like Tony can only inform his office of the price, as he's not there to change it.

[quote name='MysterD']make sure you play Spec Ops: The Line NOW.
:p That way, your ONE whole dollar worth b/c you didn't have to wait to play; and b/c you didn't back-log that from GameFly and then Tony came up w/ an even better deal while your game is STILL untouched!

Tony has A LOT of GREAT deals here on a REGULAR basis that are VERY often trend-setting and others copy or try to better, I might add - so he's expected to miss or not PM some the other digital services got going on. He ain't going to win them all - especially since he seems to win MOST of them. :p

EDIT:
I'm also on the fence now here w/ Spec Ops: The Line - do I buy from GameFly now; or wait for Amazon DVG to PM; or Amazon DVG to tell us they got a better deal coming soon?
Thankfully, this is a GameFly weekend deal, so I can wait a little bit...
Thankfully, I'm still working on and playing Diablo 3 here, so I can wait a little bit...
[/QUOTE]

That's just plain good advice! ^_~

[quote name='Mr. Spinnington']california just started taxing amazon purchases and i've been extremely reluctant to purchase anything from there now due to that reason. i'll either get over it in time or i'll find an alternative i like[/QUOTE]

I hear you. I need to get a credit card registered to an Oregon address to use on a second account for my digital downloads. Sales tax evasion = tax evasion for the little guy (those of us who take the standard deduction)

[quote name='JakeNome']Such a good deal on Darksiders 2. Im controlling myself cuz I know I wont play it for some time. Im only halfway through Darksiders 1, and I put it on hold to play Sleeping Dogs, which I put on hold to play Torchlight 2, which I put on hold to play Saints Row 3.
I cant believe how good Saints Row 3 is. Im 40 hours in and still loving it. Almost done, im at 90% completion. I loved all the side missions. Nothing in this game seems like a chore, except for those goddamn vehicle-stealing missions. Those are the only side missions I have left. Its such a pain in the ass to drive a slow fat ass truck across 2 boroughs with all your tires shot, while every cop and his mother is chasing you in cars, tanks and vtols. Its a good thing I have nitrous boost unlocked.

Hopefully Ill be done with SR3 by the 11th cuz of Xcom. cant wait!
[/QUOTE]

^_^ Such a rich gaming period atm. For the SR3 car thefts, one thing I did to help with some of the more grueling ones is steal the car and add it to your garage (minor upgrade chassis/tires/etc). Now restart the car theft mission. After stealing the car again you will be able to ditch the one you just stole and retrieve your pimped version from your garage (just don't let the one you stole get destroyed).

[quote name='asheskitty']That's just plain good advice! ^_~
[/quote]
Well, I have a problem now...
I just finished Diablo III earlier today (on Normal w/ WitchDoctor)...
I need a break from that kind of game for a bit (action-packed ARPG's).

So, do I wait for Tony to mention what's up w/ Spec Ops: The Line or do I just buy from GameFly?
Hmmm.... ;)

It's NOT much money difference or there's difference b/t the 2 versions (since ALL SO: The Line require Steam). It's more like, "I'd rather support Tony + Amazon DVG than GameFly."

Also, I could've bought say NBA2K12 (PC) from GameFly last month when it was like $4 (with that coupon), but I'd rather deal w/ Amazon DVG - and their policy of game-keys if I have any sort of annoying DRM issues.

[quote name='Umair56']Oh thanks for that! Just activated my Steam Mass Effect 1.[/QUOTE]

Oh, snap - I should try my Retail disc copy of ME1 PC on there, eh?
Let me try that there...
BRB...

EDIT:
No dice.

[quote name='MysterD']Well, I have a problem now...
I just finished Diablo III earlier today (on Normal w/ WitchDoctor)...
I need a break from that kind of game for a bit (action-packed ARPG's).

So, do I wait for Tony to mention what's up w/ Spec Ops: The Line or do I just buy from GameFly?
Hmmm.... ;)

It's NOT much money difference or there's difference b/t the 2 versions (since ALL SO: The Line require Steam). It's more like, "I'd rather support Tony + Amazon DVG than GameFly."

Also, I could've bought say NBA2K12 (PC) from GameFly last month when it was like $4 (with that coupon), but I'd rather deal w/ Amazon DVG - and their policy of game-keys if I have any sort of annoying DRM issues.[/QUOTE]

Same here, I'm debating if I should wait and see if Amazon PM Spec Ops: The Line. I rather give Amazon my love :)

[quote name='MysterD']Oh, snap - I should try my Retail disc copy of ME1 PC on there, eh?
Let me try that there...
BRB...

EDIT:
No dice.[/QUOTE]

I was trying my BF2 and BF2142 retail keys and those didn't work. Probably too old but they were getting system error not invalid CD key or something so I don't know whats up with that. Maybe I can chat with them but not sure its worth the effort lol.

[quote name='ceve2001']Same here, I'm debating if I should wait and see if Amazon PM Spec Ops: The Line. I rather give Amazon my love :)[/QUOTE]
The other thing, it's not like SO: The Line SP is supposed to be long, either - like 6 hours or so, give or take.
I could probably knock the SP out in no time, if I bought it from GameFly RIGHT NOW. :p
Probably be done w/ the SP by Monday, at the worst. :p

I feel so sad that I got Spec Ops The Line on pre-order. I only played 3 hours according to Steam because I was playing other games and my work. Thank God I didn't pay the full $50 retail price for my copy

[quote name='asheskitty']That's just plain good advice! ^_~
^_^ Such a rich gaming period atm. For the SR3 car thefts, one thing I did to help with some of the more grueling ones is steal the car and add it to your garage (minor upgrade chassis/tires/etc). Now restart the car theft mission. After stealing the car again you will be able to ditch the one you just stole and retrieve your pimped version from your garage (just don't let the one you stole get destroyed).[/QUOTE]

Too late, I did all of em and beat the game today. hooray for me! \\:D/
I did discover that I could do that garage trick on my last vehicle theft. Though, it was kinda pointless cuz I was doing it with the bulletproof truck.

[quote name='MC Kage']I got BFBC2 as well on a deal recently, its pretty much dead MP-wise.[/QUOTE]
Bad Company 2 is far from dead. You can see a list of servers and players at http://www.gametracker.com/search/bc2/?sort=c_numplayers&order=DESC&searchipp=50#search

Sure it's not as popular as BF3 or CODMW3, but you can certainly find a populated game.

Which reminds me that I have an extra giftable copy of the Bad Company 2 bundle on Steam if anyone wants it for $10. it contains the same thing as the bundle on Amazon except that it is on Steam which the Amazon bundle is not.

Tony, any chance of a Arkham City DLC bundle for people who already own the game? Also, is there going to be a Costume Quest deal for Halloween? I'd buy the game at about $2 :p

EDIT: Nevermind, just realized the pack doesn't have AC GOTY. But still, any DLC deals?

So WB is just refusing to put the GOTY edition of AC on Amazon DG, or did I miss something?

i got bfbc2 but the code is not working! tried contacting origing support, but service is not available ... meanwhile i could download SpecAct key -__-

Amazon code had a limited number of uses, saw someone on SD report it dead. Tony said there could be another, but he made no promises. Sure he will chime in sooner or later. He probably has someone working on it.
Like an
27939890.jpg

[quote name='rioskenny']i got bfbc2 but the code is not working! tried contacting origing support, but service is not available ... meanwhile i could download SpecAct key -__-[/QUOTE]

[quote name='6er']The code had a limited number of uses. Tony said there could be another, but he made no promises. Sure he will chime in sooner or later. He probably has someone working on it. Like: an[/QUOTE]

I think he might mean the code isn't activating on origin. Nice meme either way.

[quote name='shaggyc']I think he might mean the code isn't activating on origin. Nice meme either way.[/QUOTE]

Now that I reread it, I think your right, but I also saw the same thing on SD, people saying the code is dead.

Accidentally bought BF3 for someone who changed their mind about buying it from me. If anyone wants a copy of BF3 for 10 paypal, please PM me.

Suggestion:

I wish I could add PCDD games to a wish list to easily check prices.....Would make it a lot easier to not miss deals.....and thus spend more money...

Wait I take it back

Amazon must have ran out of BF3 keys. Deals don't usually end until 12 AM PST [1.5 more hours]
Games usually go into "unavailable" mode when the key supply is really low.

How terrible of a person am I if I buy the BF3 unlock code? I have no intention in putting in a ton of hours in MP to unlock that stuff. I got the game for $10 and a free Premium DLC pass from a friend.

[quote name='CheapyD']How terrible of a person am I if I buy the BF3 unlock code? I have no intention in putting in a ton of hours in MP to unlock that stuff. I got the game for $10 and a free Premium DLC pass from a friend.[/QUOTE]

As bad as someone that buys costumes in Tales games.

But then again I suppose having that option is always nice - I don't have kids so I'm sure I'll be just as willing when I have less time then money.

[quote name='CheapyD']How terrible of a person am I if I buy the BF3 unlock code? I have no intention in putting in a ton of hours in MP to unlock that stuff. I got the game for $10 and a free Premium DLC pass from a friend.[/QUOTE]

Since your in the coolest place in the world [Japan, been there 4 times]; I'll give you a pass :cool:

You Sir, should be ashamed....but I'm sure all the fun you'll have will quickly alleviate that feeling. Time IS money, so spending money to gain time should be ok, right? Carry on.

[quote name='CheapyD']How terrible of a person am I if I buy the BF3 unlock code? I have no intention in putting in a ton of hours in MP to unlock that stuff. I got the game for $10 and a free Premium DLC pass from a friend.[/QUOTE]It ain't worth it. The guns at start are just fine. You won't unlock everything, but having that carrot will keep you playing longer and you won't suffer a competitive loss.

The attachments such as the scopes are the big thing, and you don't get them from the unlock.

damn, when does that coupon expire? Does it expire?

I was going to split this with someone, but he was going to buy it. I feel like I should jump on this ASAP!

[quote name='V4oLDbOY']can I buy more than one pack? My friend wanted in on this.[/QUOTE]
You can buy more than one copy of anything, but not with the 25% coupon afaik. It's one time use, and you can't add digital games to your Amazon cart.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back