Amazon PCDD $12.49 Walking Dead ($7.49 after coupon)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amazon DVG Deals

Official Representative
Feedback
4 (100%)
Hi CAGs,

I'll be posting deals we're running on Digital Games (PC/Mac, Free to Play, Sony/Microsoft Points/Subs).

I'm also here to answer questions you might have, get you closer to the developers by hosting Q&As, setting up podcasts, live streaming gameplay etc. If I don't respond to a question you have in thread please send me a PM. These ping my email address and make it more likely that I will see your question and respond more quickly.

FYI. EA Games sold by Amazon will not activate on Steam.

Digital Holiday

1/5-1/12

The Walking Dead - $12.49 ($7.49 post coupon)

1/11-1/13:

Alice: Madness Returns: The Complete Collection - $11.99 pre coupon (6.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Dragon Age Pack PC - $12.99 pre-coupon ($7.99 after coupon) - not Steam

1/18-1/20:

Need for Speed: The Run - $8.99 ($3.99 after coupon) - not Steam
EA Sports Classic Pack - $8.99 ($3.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Syndicate - $9.99 ($4.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Crysis Maximum Maximum -$17.99 ($12.99 after coupon) - not Steam

1/13-1/19:

Tantalizing THQ Medley - $11.99 pre coupon ($6.99 after coupon) - Steam

1/11-1/12:

Darksiders Franchise Pack - $13.19 before coupon ($8.19 after coupon) - Steam
Saints Row The Third: The Full Package - $12.49 pre coupon ($7.49 after coupon) - Steam

1/29-1/31:

Burning Hot Bundle - $11.99 ($6.99 after coupon)

F.A.Q.S.:

1. Does the game I'm buying from Amazon Activate on Steam/Origin/Uplay? What DRM does the game use?

There are two places to identify DRM on a digital video game detail page:

At the top of the page, below the title:

16hm7a8.png

In the "Product Description" section:

r06ykl.jpg

2. Note on Electronic Arts Games - For the most part, EA games sold on Amazon do not activate on Steam. Most activate on Origin.

3. Note on DRM with limited activations:

Our Policy

4. Sometimes I'll do giveaways.

5. I work with developers and publishers to get fun (or at least what I think is fun) content to share with you all. Here are some examples:

a. Check out the Pax Gameplay videos here: Xcom: Enemy Unknown I played Xcom with Jake, the Creative Director for the game, a few months before the game came out Also, on this page, check out the Q&A, also a community driven event.

b. Check out the interview on this page: Borderlands 2 we did this interview at E3 with Randy Pitchford this year.

c. We've partnered with the ++GoodGames Podcast to feature many of the games we carry. They talk to the developers about the game development process, how the games are conceptualized and managed, all kinds of fun stuff. I'm working on putting together full link list and will update when I have it.

What else do we sell?

Xbox Live Points and Subscriptions:

1600 Microsoft Live Points
4000 Microsoft Live Points
12 Month XBOX Live Subscription
3 Month XBOX Live Subscription]
12 Month + 1 XBOX Live Subscription

PSN+ Subscriptions and PSN Points:

$20 PSN Points
$50 PSN Points
12 Month PSN+ Subscription
3 Month PSN+ Subscription

We also have a Free-2-Play store supported by our GameConnect technology. Gameconnect allows you to link your Amazon.com account with free-2-play and MMO accounts so that you can buy things like in game currency, premium game time/subscriptions, in game items, etc. on Amazon.com using your Amazon.com payment options and have this content delivered directly into your game.

To check out the Free-2-Play games we offer you can visit our storefront here:

Free-2-Play Store

Last edited by a moderator:
They ran out of Codes in 45 minutes? That's insane. How could that be possible? I could see them running out of codes on Wednesday or Thursday, but within an hour of the deal going live?

EDIT: This post was made in response to a post which has since been deleted. Somebody reported that they had spoken to an Amazon CS rep and was told that Amazon had run out of codes.

[quote name='The End']They ran out of Codes in 45 minutes? That's insane. How could that be possible? I could see them running out of codes on Wednesday or Thursday, but within an hour of the deal going live?

EDIT: This post was made in response to a post which has since been deleted. Somebody reported that they had spoken to an Amazon CS rep and was told that Amazon had run out of codes.[/QUOTE]
thats fishy
were they steam codes?

[quote name='CheapyD']How terrible of a person am I if I buy the BF3 unlock code? I have no intention in putting in a ton of hours in MP to unlock that stuff. I got the game for $10 and a free Premium DLC pass from a friend.[/QUOTE]

I got it yesterday and don't feel bad because I do not play MP that much neither and I am not even very good at it :D

At least the unlocks got me better K/D ratio

[quote name='Dev518']The attachments such as the scopes are the big thing, and you don't get them from the unlock.[/QUOTE]

Damn! I was wondering about that :cry:

[quote name='Larce80']its nice but Im gonna wait for a good deal on AC goty[/QUOTE]

If you don't care about the non-game 'challenge maps,' the only aspect of AC's GOTY that's worth anything is the Harley expansion. I bought this deal and am waiting for that DLC to go on sale for 2.50 or less.

[quote name='SeymourGams']If you don't care about the non-game 'challenge maps,' the only aspect of AC's GOTY that's worth anything is the Harley expansion. I bought this deal and am waiting for that DLC to go on sale for 2.50 or less.[/QUOTE]
Me too, I'm bugging Tony about making a deal on that DLC, but no dice so far.

Can't get it through Steam, it's unavailable in my region.

Anyone for the Batman pack who only wants Arkham City, I'm looking for Arkham Asylum if you want to split.

& its a damn shame if you buy that BF3 shortcut pack. It defeats alot of the MP...

[quote name='V4oLDbOY']can I buy more than one pack? My friend wanted in on this.[/QUOTE]

Can't your friend just buy it with their own account? If it's a steam code, it won't really matter who picks it up. Guess I could have my wife buy something if it ever came to it.

Got in on the Batman deal even though I probably won't play it anytime soon.

Thanks Tony for your continued efforts.

[quote name='Larce80']thats fishy
were they steam codes?[/QUOTE]

I probably should have been more clear. There was a poster who I had never seen before who posted that they had talked to a CS rep from Amazon to ask them what was up with the Batman bundle. According to that guy, the CS rep told him that they had run out of keys already. My post was in response to that. I wish I had quoted him, but it didn't occur to me that he would delete the post a minute or two after I posted.

Obviously the deal is back up. So either he talked to a CS rep who didn't know what was going on (it wouldn't be the first time that this has happened) or he was trolling us or just talking out of his ***.

[quote name='yangwenli']Can't your friend just buy it with their own account? If it's a steam code, it won't really matter who picks it up. Guess I could have my wife buy something if it ever came to it.

Got in on the Batman deal even though I probably won't play it anytime soon.

Thanks Tony for your continued efforts.[/QUOTE]

Its 5:30am where I am so he's asleep. He knows about the sale, hopefully he buys it when he gets up.

Seems like the issues were worked out, just hope the coupon code lasts. Any clarification on when that code expires?

Both Batman games for $7.50 is BEYOND amazing...I bought both these games for close to full price when they came out and never actually got further than halfway through the game, but for that price, it's worth having in case I ever want to!

[quote name='mnuttster']Both Batman games for $7.50 is BEYOND amazing...I bought both these games for close to full price when they came out and never actually got further than halfway through the game, but for that price, it's worth having in case I ever want to![/QUOTE]

Bought Batman AA GOTY 2 years ago on Steam for $7.50 because of the Anti Aliasing nVidia fiasco with initial Non GOTY release and got Batman AC from nVidia promo, and bought all DLCs for full price. The 2 games are easily worth $50 :applause:

ughh... I really want to get the batman bundle but I know eventually the game of the year edition that includes all of the expansions will go on sale eventually. decisions decisions...

[quote name='SpartenOmega117']ughh... I really want to get the batman bundle but I know eventually the game of the year edition that includes all of the expansions will go on sale eventually. decisions decisions...[/QUOTE]

The DLC isn't very good for Arkham City unfortunately. It is mostly just being able to play as Robin and Nightwing in the challenge rooms, and they both play to similarily to Batman to make a huge difference to gameplay. The Harley Quinn story DLC is about 2 hours total and not all that great either. You never get to move around the city as Robin so it is essentially just more challenge rooms with some story filler.

If you really want the DLC though, they have went on sale when Steam has that franchise on sale, if I remember correctly, I think I bought all the DLC for about $5.

I think You would be better off to get this and buy the DLC later.

[quote name='ccm0628']The DLC isn't very good for Arkham City unfortunately. It is mostly just being able to play as Robin and Nightwing in the challenge rooms, and they both play to similarily to Batman to make a huge difference to gameplay. The Harley Quinn story DLC is about 2 hours total and not all that great either. You never get to move around the city as Robin so it is essentially just more challenge rooms with some story filler.

If you really want the DLC though, they have went on sale when Steam has that franchise on sale, if I remember correctly, I think I bought all the DLC for about $5.

I think You would be better off to get this and buy the DLC later.[/QUOTE]

Batman AC and DLCs were 66% Off on Steam, that means ~$11

But I agree with what you said

Still no price match for SpecOps and the Darkness II, which sucks cause in my case Gamefly says those games aren't available on my region

[quote name='jrodri86']Still no price match for SpecOps and the Darkness II, which sucks cause in my case Gamefly says those games aren't available on my region[/QUOTE]

Use a VPN to access gamefly

Still on vacation and haven't heard back on the PM, sorry about that.

In the spirit of celebrating on vacation...here's an Arkham City Key:

Key

This stupid quoting thing never works.

MVCAP-IN75N-0Y?V6

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']Still on vacation and haven't heard back on the PM, sorry about that.

Key

MVCAP-IN75N-0Y?V6

Cheers,
Tony
[/QUOTE]

Someone got it before you hid the "Z". I would have liked to have it, thanks anyway!

[quote name='Drabelincoln']Use a VPN to access gamefly[/QUOTE]

I used a VPN yesterday and wasn't working, tried with an US Proxy and got access a few minutes ago, however Gamefly rejected my credit card so no go. Thanks for the advice thought.

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']Still on vacation and haven't heard back on the PM, sorry about that.

Key

MVCAP-IN75N-0Y?V6

Cheers,
Tony
[/QUOTE]

I didn't get it, but thanks! Have fun on your vacation.

[quote name='outerfox']I've never played any of the FEAR games. Worth tossing the $10 to give it a shot?[/QUOTE]

I played the first one upon release. Didn't finish it but what I played was good. Im on the fence on this one too.

Bit on the batman bundle for 7.50. Sick deal.

Tony if I remember right Someone posted a link that showed saints row 3 would be 66% off today. When checking on the price match can you try to get that one through as well? Thanks for all you do. Hope your enjoying the beach.

[quote name='ccm0628']The DLC isn't very good for Arkham City unfortunately. It is mostly just being able to play as Robin and Nightwing in the challenge rooms, and they both play to similarily to Batman to make a huge difference to gameplay. The Harley Quinn story DLC is about 2 hours total and not all that great either. You never get to move around the city as Robin so it is essentially just more challenge rooms with some story filler.

I think You would be better off to get this and buy the DLC later.[/QUOTE]
I loved the DLC stuff, but then again I'm a big fan of Batman. I just loved playing as Nightwing & Robin and seeing all the character models. Then again I got BAC GOTY for $7.50 lol.

[quote name='outerfox']I've never played any of the FEAR games. Worth tossing the $10 to give it a shot?[/QUOTE]

FEAR 1 is a masterpiece - a trend-setter of a shooter, mixing tense horror; FPS shooter elements; awesome shootouts; superb AI; and an excellent and twisted story. This is one of my favorite shooters of all time.

It pretty much...goes downhill from here...

FEAR: Extraction Point (expansion) is more FEAR and is good, but not as great as the original FEAR.
FEAR: Perseus Mandate (stand-alone expansion) is...okay. Nothing great or special. Nowhere as good as even Extraction Point.

FEAR 2: Project Origin...is good, but is not a trend-setter. It takes a lot cliche tropes from FPS's (rail shooter elements found in military FPS's; tram ride like HL2; mech section like Riddick: Butcher Bay) and reuses a lot of the same type of horror moments from FEAR 1, making it formulaic and it's nowhere as scary as the original. It's predictable, in that sense. The story is still pretty good - but, the game itself overall is nowhere as great as FEAR 1.

Can't speak on FEAR 2: Reborn DLC - never bought it.

FEAR 3....is not a trend-setter, either. It's decent, but nothing great. Nowhere as good as even FEAR 2. There's a new cover system here. The games actually feels less of a horror-theme FPS, but more like a COD type of shooter, oddly enough.

Bought the batman pack. Thank Tony. Realllyyy hoping Darkness II get's PMed or better yet goes 4.99. :)

I have AA on GFWL.....if you activate AC on GFWL does it stay in your account to download forever like steam activations?

Also, you don't get the DLC for 2, only FEAR 1, if anyone wants to know

And Im not particularly looking for AC, but if someone only wants A A I'll maybe go for the split .for 3.75

[quote name='6er']I have AA on GFWL.....if you activate AC on GFWL does it stay in your account to download forever like steam activations?

Also, you don't get the DLC for 2, only FEAR 1, if anyone wants to know

And Im not particularly looking for AC, but if someone only wants A A I'll maybe go for the split .for 3.75[/QUOTE]

If you bought it from GFWL, yes. If you got it elsewhere and just activated an online pass etc, no.

[quote name='6er']I have AA on GFWL.....if you activate AC on GFWL does it stay in your account to download forever like steam activations?[/quote]
If you bought it from G4WL Marketplace directly, YES.
Otherwise - you'd have to get the installer files from wherever you bought the game digitally at.

Back to games you buy direct from G4WL - after you a download of an install on a game you buy directly from G4WL Marketplace, BACKUP all of your temporary CAB files somewhere. The CAB files contain the ENTIRE game installer files! You can always use a ZIP file opening program to open them all up if you need to it; or you could sign into G4WL and have the CAB files in the temp folder to just tell the game to install itself. These CAB files get destroyed in the Temp folder, after you do an install while signed into G4WL!

@MysterD Odd, I liked Fear 3 more than Fear 2. I played Fear2 soon after finishing 1, and I actually started predicting things that were supposed to "scare me". As for 3 - I liked the dual character co-op/SP options and the storyline.

[quote name='CheapyD']How terrible of a person am I if I buy the BF3 unlock code? I have no intention in putting in a ton of hours in MP to unlock that stuff. I got the game for $10 and a free Premium DLC pass from a friend.[/QUOTE]

Cheaply, spend the money and get the unlock pack. The game has been out so long now that nobody cares. Treat yo self!

If anyone used the coupon code and doesn't want AA, would like to buy it off you for $3 PP gift, please PM, thanks!

I can also host if anyone just wants AC. But I already used the coupon code. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back