Amazon PCDD $12.49 Walking Dead ($7.49 after coupon)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amazon DVG Deals

Official Representative
Feedback
4 (100%)
Hi CAGs,

I'll be posting deals we're running on Digital Games (PC/Mac, Free to Play, Sony/Microsoft Points/Subs).

I'm also here to answer questions you might have, get you closer to the developers by hosting Q&As, setting up podcasts, live streaming gameplay etc. If I don't respond to a question you have in thread please send me a PM. These ping my email address and make it more likely that I will see your question and respond more quickly.

FYI. EA Games sold by Amazon will not activate on Steam.

Digital Holiday

1/5-1/12

The Walking Dead - $12.49 ($7.49 post coupon)

1/11-1/13:

Alice: Madness Returns: The Complete Collection - $11.99 pre coupon (6.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Dragon Age Pack PC - $12.99 pre-coupon ($7.99 after coupon) - not Steam

1/18-1/20:

Need for Speed: The Run - $8.99 ($3.99 after coupon) - not Steam
EA Sports Classic Pack - $8.99 ($3.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Syndicate - $9.99 ($4.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Crysis Maximum Maximum -$17.99 ($12.99 after coupon) - not Steam

1/13-1/19:

Tantalizing THQ Medley - $11.99 pre coupon ($6.99 after coupon) - Steam

1/11-1/12:

Darksiders Franchise Pack - $13.19 before coupon ($8.19 after coupon) - Steam
Saints Row The Third: The Full Package - $12.49 pre coupon ($7.49 after coupon) - Steam

1/29-1/31:

Burning Hot Bundle - $11.99 ($6.99 after coupon)

F.A.Q.S.:

1. Does the game I'm buying from Amazon Activate on Steam/Origin/Uplay? What DRM does the game use?

There are two places to identify DRM on a digital video game detail page:

At the top of the page, below the title:

16hm7a8.png

In the "Product Description" section:

r06ykl.jpg

2. Note on Electronic Arts Games - For the most part, EA games sold on Amazon do not activate on Steam. Most activate on Origin.

3. Note on DRM with limited activations:

Our Policy

4. Sometimes I'll do giveaways.

5. I work with developers and publishers to get fun (or at least what I think is fun) content to share with you all. Here are some examples:

a. Check out the Pax Gameplay videos here: Xcom: Enemy Unknown I played Xcom with Jake, the Creative Director for the game, a few months before the game came out Also, on this page, check out the Q&A, also a community driven event.

b. Check out the interview on this page: Borderlands 2 we did this interview at E3 with Randy Pitchford this year.

c. We've partnered with the ++GoodGames Podcast to feature many of the games we carry. They talk to the developers about the game development process, how the games are conceptualized and managed, all kinds of fun stuff. I'm working on putting together full link list and will update when I have it.

What else do we sell?

Xbox Live Points and Subscriptions:

1600 Microsoft Live Points
4000 Microsoft Live Points
12 Month XBOX Live Subscription
3 Month XBOX Live Subscription]
12 Month + 1 XBOX Live Subscription

PSN+ Subscriptions and PSN Points:

$20 PSN Points
$50 PSN Points
12 Month PSN+ Subscription
3 Month PSN+ Subscription

We also have a Free-2-Play store supported by our GameConnect technology. Gameconnect allows you to link your Amazon.com account with free-2-play and MMO accounts so that you can buy things like in game currency, premium game time/subscriptions, in game items, etc. on Amazon.com using your Amazon.com payment options and have this content delivered directly into your game.

To check out the Free-2-Play games we offer you can visit our storefront here:

Free-2-Play Store

Last edited by a moderator:
@TONY

I must need to stop buying games all the time from everywhere or something...

I just need to give you a list of games that I want on sale...
B/C you keep putting stuff on sale that I already own;
AND/OR bundles that have 98% of stuff I already and it ain't worth me buying the bundle to get the missing 2%. :eek:P

Hehe. ;)

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']We're unsure yet. Still determining how "worth it" it was. I can tell you there won't likely be one this week.

Lol I feel like I'm in Jurassic Park.

So here's the full rundown of my evening/morning so far:

1. Realized we were dramatically low on keys for one of the products in the bundle last evening while doing the final flight check.

2. Send frantic red exclamation point email

3. Get keyfile, realize that I don't have password for it, nor do I know how to put keys in the system (our OPS team does this). Also realize that I have to be in the office to access password for keyfile (can't VPN those).

4. Call cab (it is now 2AM).

5. Get Paddington, go sit on the porch and wait for Cab.

6. Fall asleep and miss cab.

7. Wake up, Paddington is judging me.

8. Call another Cab (now 5AM).

9. Arrive at office, realize I left my badge at home. Paddington is still judging.

10. Spend 30 minutes verifying my identity with the security guard.

11. Get into my office area. Call the OPS guy who handles this stuff. Now 5:30 AM. Paddington lays down under the desk with his bone.

12. Spend the last 2 hours on the phone Jurassic Park style while the OPS guy walks me through getting more keys into the system.

13. Write this. Paddington now back asleep.
[/QUOTE]
That's more like Paddington Park than Jurassic Park. ;)

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']We're unsure yet. Still determining how "worth it" it was. I can tell you there won't likely be one this week.[/QUOTE]

I kind of figured there wouldn't be with the demand of this. Went ahead and got the pack, thanks.

Can someone update the Slickdeals thread or ask the mods to put it back on the frontpage now that the deal is live?

Thanks in advance. You guys rock.

Cheers,
Tony

Well, I bought it. Could not resist, owned a couple of the games but it is definitely still worth it. Thanks for the awesome deal Tony!

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']We're unsure yet. Still determining how "worth it" it was. I can tell you there won't likely be one this week.[/QUOTE]

Just an FYI, would have purchased the Batman bundle if the code hadn't expired. I'm sure I wasn't the only one who didn't pull the trigger due to the negative reviews regarding DRM.

[quote name='Scorch']Demanding picture of Paddington.[/QUOTE]

bEdc4.jpg

If there was a caption on this it would read "all of you better buy this bundle. I have kibs to eat."

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='Scorch']Demanding picture of Paddington.[/QUOTE]

There are pictures a few pages back, be warned he is cute as hell.

Grabbed the bundle. Glad you got it sorted I had faith in you!

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']
It'll be back up. Getting keys in the system now.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

Thanks, Tony.

But I still can't view CDKEYs in Games and Software Library.
This is something like what happened in my primary account. All CDKEYs disappeared. Even I tried to purchase new games, I can't see "View CDKEY" buttons. I contacted CS before but they can't help me on this and I have to make a refund.

But now I want the games because I help my friends to buy them. They are waiting.

Is there any technique(database? page load?) limitation on purchases or CDKEYs holding?

[quote name='LinHongJun']Thanks, Tony.

But I still can't view CDKEYs in Games and Software Library.
This is something like what happened in my primary account. All CDKEYs disappeared. Even I tried to purchase new games, I can't see "View CDKEY" buttons. I contacted CS before but they can't help me on this and I have to make a refund.

But now I want the games because I help my friends to buy them. They are waiting.

Is there any technique(database? page load?) limitation on purchases or CDKEYs holding?[/QUOTE]

Ya dude, I have never heard of that before. Sounds like it isn't/wasn't an issue with the key inventory though.

PM me the email address associated with your account and I'll fire off an email to CS.

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']Ya dude, I have never heard of that before. Sounds like it isn't/wasn't an issue with the key inventory though.

PM me the email address associated with your account and I'll fire off an email to CS.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

I sent the PM. Thank you. I think only you could help me.

And....Paddington is so cute. :p

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']
bEdc4.jpg

If there was a caption on this it would read "all of you better buy this bundle. I have kibs to eat."

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

Poor Paddington must be tired after the now infamous Paddington Park (Jurassic Park) morning and flipping The Squeenix Deal.

I bought this bundle about 30-45 minutes ago and nothing in history/downloads/no confirmation, nothing. Should i wait or try again?

[quote name='swolgam']I bought this bundle about 30-45 minutes ago and nothing in history/downloads/no confirmation, nothing. Should i wait or try again?[/QUOTE]

Did you get order email? Or check your open orders section.

If anyone wants the $5 credit Hitman Absolution download code, just quote this.

Also, thank you Tony for the amazing bundle.

Tony, just wanted to say thanks for doing that early morning trip to the office. Enjoy the rest of your weekend and thanks for another awesome bundle deal!

OMG I can clearly see how good the bundle is selling just by looking at how many threads are locked in Steam Trading forums lol (no trading outside trade window is allowed) :D

By the way I yold many friends about the deal and even posted it on my Facebook wall :)

If only i didn't already have 3 of those games on xbox already, i would definitely get this bundle. By the way Tony, cute dog.

[quote name='tjs09']What facts are your opinions based on? You haven't given one single fact since you started..[/QUOTE]
You obviously don't know how to read. For example I quoted Valve's customer service policy on chargebacks (a fact) as one example of its awful customer service policies.

[quote name='Severose']I've heard f4 is faster than f5. But I personally prefer the alt+f4. Better model, faster response, and great mileage. Plus, you don't have to deal with that pesky build-up that comes along with the f5 which increases wait time. ;)[/QUOTE]
[quote name='dubleo']Why don't you use browser plugins?[/QUOTE]
Opera, right click, Reload Every -> list/custom.

[quote name='MysterD']@TONY

I must need to stop buying games all the time from everywhere or something...

I just need to give you a list of games that I want on sale...
B/C you keep putting stuff on sale that I already own;
AND/OR bundles that have 98% of stuff I already and it ain't worth me buying the bundle to get the missing 2%. :eek:P)[/QUOTE]
Quoted for Truth!

[quote name='dfg']But to...claim that Valve releases its own games lacking in content—when in fact so much is added post facto and for free—just shows an illogically prejudiced and bitter perspective.[/quote]
Unliike you I backed up my assertions on that with facts: Team Fortress 2 had a grand total of five maps at release. 5 and you couldn't even play all five on each game mode. It took years for the game to get to ten official maps and some of those were made by the community, and that was a multiplayer-only game. Games from other developers/publishers from around the same period like Quake Wars came with ten or more maps at release plus single-player functionality. Another Valve multiplayer-only game Day of Defeat:Source only had four (4) maps on release. Portal was a short game that never got official added content on the PC. Instead Valve sold Portal 2. Left 4 Dead was another short game on release that never got all of its promised content. Valve sold L4D2 instead. I don't dispute that Valve frequently adds official content to its games much later after release, but in doing so it usually just gives them a quantity of content that other games already have on release or shortly thereafter. Valve also does a great job of exploiting its user community to make content for its games for free some of which it releases as "official".

[quote name='N_B']You obviously don't know how to read. For example I quoted Valve's customer service policy on chargebacks (a fact) as one example of its awful customer service policies.[/QUOTE]

You know, as much as I would love to have an absolutely gripping discussion on the hidden evils of Valve's business model, I'd much rather discuss the sale today.

Consider me officially withdrawn from this conflict

:)

So I already have Quantum Conundrum, Hitman: Blood Money, and The Last Remnant.

Would anyone be willing to buy some or all of those off me at $2.50 apiece? PM away if so!

And thanks for the bundle (and adorable photo), Tony!

Alright,
So I am down to:

Quantum Conundrum
Deus Ex: HR (Base Game Only)
Just Cause 2

Will take $2.50 for each or $6.50 for all three. PM if interested.

[quote name='r9800pro'](no trading outside trade window is allowed)[/QUOTE]
There's another example of Valve's money-grubbing customer policies. Valve doesn't allow users to trade Steam games if they didn't buy the games directly from Steam (giving Valve its cut of the sale). There's no technical reason why such trading couldn't be allowed. Steam could allow users to activate Steam codes as tradeable gifts instead of as untradeable games. Activating the codes would prove the codes are legitimate to prevent user fraud.

[quote name='N_B']There's another example of Valve's money-grubbing customer policies. Valve doesn't allow users to trade Steam games if they didn't buy the games directly from Steam (giving Valve its cut of the sale). There's no technical reason why such trading couldn't be allowed. Steam could allow users to activate Steam codes as tradeable gifts instead of as untradeable games. Activating the codes would prove the codes are legitimate to prevent user fraud.[/QUOTE]

Activating keys as tradable gifts would be an awesome feature that some Steam reps promised at one point in the past but it is total silence now.

They say that trading outside the trade system is not allowed because of scam risk (and indeed it is) and it is not only trading keys that is not allowed but also selling games for money or any other thing.

Here is the funny part; I've done over 300 successful trades and about 100+ of them was with or for keys. In the 100+ keys trading I was never scammed and keys were never revoked. Out of the other 200 trades for Steam Gifts, I got 2 big Giftable games revoked (Skyrim and Risen 2 Pre-order) so I asked support and they said Giftable means the account is not trusted enough and there was a chargeback. The guy was a Chinese who scammed me and 27 other people the same way ! Who can chargeback for all of these purchases ?
Then I decided to stick with Tradable Gifts, and guess what ? 4 tradable games from different sources were revoked due to chargebacks too ! lol

The more funny thing was when I demanded to get my games back because that is the rule in trade window trading. They said they can't (reply came after 7 days). I replied in a stronger manner and the reply came the same days :

The games have been added to your inventory.

If you have any further questions, please let us know - we will be happy to assist you.

This is just outrageous

I have:
Quantum Conundrum - $2.50

Supreme commander 2 - $1.50

will cut price if you want both. pm me.

Guys,

I can buy this deal (I have some funds in a US account). Can I use these codes sitting in India using steam?

Please respond quickly before the deal runs out.

[quote name='r9800pro']Here is the funny part; I've done over 300 successful trades and about 100+ of them was with or for keys.[/quote]
Wow, 300! I'd never have that many games on Steam unless they were free. Have you played all of those games or do you trade for the profit?

The guy was a Chinese who scammed me and 27 other people the same way ! Who can chargeback for all of these purchases ?
Since no credit card company would allow 27 chargebacks in such a short time period, I'd guess the card was stolen and later reported as such.

They said they can't (reply came after 7 days).
Yep, that's the Steam I know.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back