Amazon PCDD $12.49 Walking Dead ($7.49 after coupon)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amazon DVG Deals

Official Representative
Feedback
4 (100%)
Hi CAGs,

I'll be posting deals we're running on Digital Games (PC/Mac, Free to Play, Sony/Microsoft Points/Subs).

I'm also here to answer questions you might have, get you closer to the developers by hosting Q&As, setting up podcasts, live streaming gameplay etc. If I don't respond to a question you have in thread please send me a PM. These ping my email address and make it more likely that I will see your question and respond more quickly.

FYI. EA Games sold by Amazon will not activate on Steam.

Digital Holiday

1/5-1/12

The Walking Dead - $12.49 ($7.49 post coupon)

1/11-1/13:

Alice: Madness Returns: The Complete Collection - $11.99 pre coupon (6.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Dragon Age Pack PC - $12.99 pre-coupon ($7.99 after coupon) - not Steam

1/18-1/20:

Need for Speed: The Run - $8.99 ($3.99 after coupon) - not Steam
EA Sports Classic Pack - $8.99 ($3.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Syndicate - $9.99 ($4.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Crysis Maximum Maximum -$17.99 ($12.99 after coupon) - not Steam

1/13-1/19:

Tantalizing THQ Medley - $11.99 pre coupon ($6.99 after coupon) - Steam

1/11-1/12:

Darksiders Franchise Pack - $13.19 before coupon ($8.19 after coupon) - Steam
Saints Row The Third: The Full Package - $12.49 pre coupon ($7.49 after coupon) - Steam

1/29-1/31:

Burning Hot Bundle - $11.99 ($6.99 after coupon)

F.A.Q.S.:

1. Does the game I'm buying from Amazon Activate on Steam/Origin/Uplay? What DRM does the game use?

There are two places to identify DRM on a digital video game detail page:

At the top of the page, below the title:

16hm7a8.png

In the "Product Description" section:

r06ykl.jpg

2. Note on Electronic Arts Games - For the most part, EA games sold on Amazon do not activate on Steam. Most activate on Origin.

3. Note on DRM with limited activations:

Our Policy

4. Sometimes I'll do giveaways.

5. I work with developers and publishers to get fun (or at least what I think is fun) content to share with you all. Here are some examples:

a. Check out the Pax Gameplay videos here: Xcom: Enemy Unknown I played Xcom with Jake, the Creative Director for the game, a few months before the game came out Also, on this page, check out the Q&A, also a community driven event.

b. Check out the interview on this page: Borderlands 2 we did this interview at E3 with Randy Pitchford this year.

c. We've partnered with the ++GoodGames Podcast to feature many of the games we carry. They talk to the developers about the game development process, how the games are conceptualized and managed, all kinds of fun stuff. I'm working on putting together full link list and will update when I have it.

What else do we sell?

Xbox Live Points and Subscriptions:

1600 Microsoft Live Points
4000 Microsoft Live Points
12 Month XBOX Live Subscription
3 Month XBOX Live Subscription]
12 Month + 1 XBOX Live Subscription

PSN+ Subscriptions and PSN Points:

$20 PSN Points
$50 PSN Points
12 Month PSN+ Subscription
3 Month PSN+ Subscription

We also have a Free-2-Play store supported by our GameConnect technology. Gameconnect allows you to link your Amazon.com account with free-2-play and MMO accounts so that you can buy things like in game currency, premium game time/subscriptions, in game items, etc. on Amazon.com using your Amazon.com payment options and have this content delivered directly into your game.

To check out the Free-2-Play games we offer you can visit our storefront here:

Free-2-Play Store

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']Can you link through to some places it was posted, or communicate what happened with the keys on those forums? I'm trying to get the word out but it seems to be everywhere.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

kotaku
anadtech
joystiq

LOL, I also saw a thread at gamer coalition where they were trying to use the OCTOFUN1 code with this bundle. And yes, this one really did get posted everywhere.

[quote name='walkonshadows']I'd be interested to know how the "suits" react to something like that. Are they pissed cause you broke it, or super excited that they are moving so much "product" that they can't keep up with demand?[/QUOTE]

Super excited. We don't have suits dude, we're a super tight team :).

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']Super excited. We don't have suits dude, we're a super tight team :).

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]
everyone has suits... Including Amazon. ;)
Trust me I know.

[quote name='The End']This deal is all week right?

If so, is there any chance that you'll run out of keys for good and have to end the deal early?[/QUOTE]

Square has indicated they'll keep giving us keys, just need to wait to get them from Valve tomorrow.

[quote name='madgeek']everyone has suits... Including Amazon. ;)
Trust me I know.[/QUOTE]

Lol I'm assuming you're referring to working there and thus "knowing" we have suits. Feel free to look up my org in the phone tool...we don't have suits.

[quote name='mac995555']I keep getting this message

Sorry, service is currently not available. Please try again later or contact us.[/QUOTE]

What are you trying to do when you get this error?

Cheers,
Tony

This is probably one of the best deals I have seen in PC gaming.

Seriously, anyone who even remotely thinks PC gaming is more expensive needs to factor in the complete purchase price of software after hardware investment. Want an awesome game Day 1? Get almost 50% off sometimes through efforts such as that of our fine Tony here.

Can you wait? In a few months it will be 50~75% off... a few more after that and price drop + 75%+ off.

Or just luck into an awesome bundle that's 94% off. XD

[quote name='mac995555']I keep getting this message

Sorry, service is currently not available. Please try again later or contact us.[/QUOTE]

Same issue. It's when I try to click the button for "View Product Key". Initially, the page went to the download window where I select where I want to download it to(initially, set it up to 'My PC', but that was months ago.) I went back and the columns up top changed to add in a product key column. I clicked that and it gave the same error message.

I waited a few and just went back to the games library page, the buttons returned for View Product Key and when you click that, it defaults here again. I can only presume this database problem is still a concern.

Now it won't even let me into the download page....pretty sure this is still busted as now the error is all over the place at different levels(games library, codes, view product key button, etc.) seemingly at random.

[quote name='the4thnobleman']Same issue. It's when I try to click the button for "View Product Key". Initially, the page went to the download window where I select where I want to download it to(initially, set it up to 'My PC', but that was months ago.) I went back and the columns up top changed to add in a product key column. I clicked that and it gave the same error message.

I waited a few and just went back to the games library page, the buttons returned for View Product Key and when you click that, it defaults here again. I can only presume this database problem is still a concern.[/QUOTE]

We're fixing it right now, the DB is still having issues.

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='walkonshadows']Wow, thread's "phantom paging" already. At 83? 1600 post?

LOL, weird, this post ends up being first on the new page, which is now correct at page 83[/QUOTE]

CAG must be hosted at Amazon. This deal is going to take down everything.

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']We're fixing it right now, the DB is still having issues.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

It cleared up long enough for me to activate all....now its just all copy & paste. Thanks tremendously for staying on top of this. You sir, I'd like to buy a beer. Paypal email address before its all over :p

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']We're fixing it right now, the DB is still having issues.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

Once this sale finishes could give us a rough estimate of sales numbers. I'm just curious how many it takes to continue breaking Amazons world.

To the Amazon guy on the forum.

Consider selling the deal and give the codes as and when available.

You could stock 20000 SKUs. (say) and open the gates. Keys can roll in a few hours.

I managed to just push an order through. Refreshing the page allowed it to pop up stating that it was available for purchase again yet also stated that they were out of product keys. It still allowed me to fully check out but it didn't provide me with the keys. I got an e-mail almost instantly for the extra savings on the new Hitman though. Eventually said wait up to 4 hours to get the keys. So I guess I am just playing the waiting game at this point. Games do not show up in my Game Library though at all either so I will be waiting until Amazon gets more keys.

[quote name='stupidproz1']Once this sale finishes could give us a rough estimate of sales numbers. I'm just curious how many it takes to continue breaking Amazons world.[/QUOTE]
look back at the PS3 mgs launch. Nothing worked then.

[quote name='stupidproz1']Once this sale finishes could give us a rough estimate of sales numbers. I'm just curious how many it takes to continue breaking Amazons world.[/QUOTE]

Its not a function of order volume it turns out. Its a function of me incorrectly uploading keys into our system and breaking everything lol.

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']Its not a function of order volume it turns out. Its a function of me incorrectly uploading keys into our system and breaking everything lol.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

So if I placed my order but haven't received any keys at all yet. Once everything gets sorted out, I should have them all in my Game Library once the system has been fixed?

[quote name='madgeek']To the Amazon guy on the forum.

Consider selling the deal and give the codes as and when available.

You could stock 20000 SKUs. (say) and open the gates. Keys can roll in a few hours.[/QUOTE]

People would flood amazon's customer service center with calls/emails that they didn't get their keys instantly.

[quote name='Hellacious']So if I placed my order but haven't received any keys at all yet. Once everything gets sorted out, I should have them all in my Game Library once the system has been fixed?[/QUOTE]

Yep, our dev (who I think has been crafting a voodoo doll of me today) assures me everything should be fine shortly.

[quote name='glennfrank']People would flood amazon's customer service center with calls/emails that they didn't get their keys instantly.[/QUOTE]

What this guy said.

Cheers,
Tony

Hi, Tony

It's really nice that Amazon has staff like you so that we needn't to wait 3 or more days to get response like Steam or Gamersgate.

It can't display any key until now. Waiting for it to be fixed.

Why not put keys to its order, not in the list that display all keys? So that 1C pack would be possible to be online.

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']Yep, our dev (who I think has been crafting a voodoo doll of me today) assures me everything should be fine shortly.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

So the bundle will be available to purchase as well again??? (the store page says it will!)

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']Yep, our dev (who I think has been crafting a voodoo doll of me today) assures me everything should be fine shortly.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

This may be true but I bet you will never have to come in on a Sunday and load keys again! :lol:

Of course you will have to endure mysterious joint pains and an occasional burning sensation on the bottom of your feet when your dev has to do this instead but there's always a price to pay for Sundays off.

Hmmm. Glad I got in on this early. I emailed some people about this. Might have to send a follow up once it gets all sorted out. Still have Deus Ex Base Game, Quantum Conundrum, and Just Cause 2 keys for sale. PM if interested.

Feel free to use the code SQRLUVIO to take $2.00 off any Digital Video Games purchase. Code will expire when this product becomes available for purchase again.

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']Square has indicated they'll keep giving us keys, just need to wait to get them from Valve tomorrow.[/quote]
This is exactly why Amazon shouldn't be selling Steam keys at least not as the sole means to purchase a game. Not only are you beholden to Valve, a competitor, for supply, but you are beholden to Valve to keep giving keys to publishers/developers for free so you can offer such low prices since Valve is not getting a cut. I wouldn't be surprised if this is the straw which breaks Valve's current free key policy. Valve can just turn to Square Enix and say instead of us going to the trouble to give you more keys, just run the sale on Steam.

The games in this bundle shouldn't require Steam especially since they are single-player games. If there were non-Steam versions of these games Amazon wouldn't have supply problems and wouldn't lose customers who want to buy but can't and may forget and/or spend their money elsewhere. Amazon also would have offered the 1C and SFI sale bundles already if you didn't have to f*ck with Steam keys.

if anyone doesn't want QC from their keys, I'd gladly take it off your hands. been wanting it since I tried the demo and can't afford $10 right now.

[quote name='LinHongJun']Why not put keys to its order, not in the list that display all keys? So that 1C pack would be possible to be online.[/QUOTE]
Exactly. As I posted eariler in this thread keys for games should be printed on the invoice for the order too.

[quote name='N_B']Exactly. As I posted eariler in this thread keys for games should be printed on the invoice for the order too.[/QUOTE]
That's the point. This can reduce database' load. IMO

Now there are too many keys in my game library, I can't see any keys now.
They all disappeared for more than one month. And I have to register another Amazon account to buy games.

Am I the only CAG who wanted every game from this pack and had none of them yet?

Also, thanks for the new discount code. I'm thinking I need to grab some DLC.

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']Square has indicated they'll keep giving us keys, just need to wait to get them from Valve tomorrow.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

Sorry missed this post.

Is there any sort of ETA you can give, even a very rough estimate. As in when you've gotten keys in the past. I dont want to be sitting refreshing the page every 10 minutes.

From your post I would assume at least not until tomorrow (10/16/12) correct?
So we can at least relax about it going live tonight and missing it again while out to dinner or something?

Also, any other good deals to use the $2 coupon on cags' found?

[quote name='gilby']Am I the only CAG who wanted every game from this pack and had none of them yet?

Also, thanks for the new discount code. I'm thinking I need to grab some DLC.[/QUOTE]

Thanks as I was not thinking of DLC. I was trying to find a casual game for $2 but I like your idea much better.

[quote name='N_B']This is exactly why Amazon shouldn't be selling Steam keys at least not as the sole means to purchase a game. Not only are you beholden to Valve, a competitor, for supply, but you are beholden to Valve to keep giving keys to publishers/developers for free so you can offer such low prices since Valve is not getting a cut. I wouldn't be surprised if this is the straw which breaks Valve's current free key policy. Valve can just turn to Square Enix and say instead of us going to the trouble to give you more keys, just run the sale on Steam.

The games in this bundle shouldn't require Steam especially since they are single-player games. If there were non-Steam versions of these games Amazon wouldn't have supply problems and wouldn't lose customers who want to buy but can't and may forget and/or spend their money elsewhere. Amazon also would have offered the 1C and SFI sale bundles already if you didn't have to f*ck with Steam keys.[/QUOTE]

Do you ever do anything but complain?

SideNote: Can someone tell me where the ignore button is?

[quote name='tjs09']Do you ever do anything but complain?

SideNote: Can someone tell me where the ignore button is?[/QUOTE]

Clicky his name --> ignore.

[quote name='tjs09']Do you ever do anything but complain?

SideNote: Can someone tell me where the ignore button is?[/QUOTE]

Click the person's name on the left. Choose ignore from the drop down menu.

[quote name='tjs09']SideNote: Can someone tell me where the ignore button is?[/QUOTE]
Click their name, the drop down has an ignore option.

I swear no one had answered yet when I posted!

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']Feel free to use the code SQRLUVIO to take $2.00 off any Digital Video Games purchase. Code will expire when this product becomes available for purchase again.[/QUOTE]

Thank you, was able to pick up some Darksiders 2 DLC for free :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back