Amazon PCDD $12.49 Walking Dead ($7.49 after coupon)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amazon DVG Deals

Official Representative
Feedback
4 (100%)
Hi CAGs,

I'll be posting deals we're running on Digital Games (PC/Mac, Free to Play, Sony/Microsoft Points/Subs).

I'm also here to answer questions you might have, get you closer to the developers by hosting Q&As, setting up podcasts, live streaming gameplay etc. If I don't respond to a question you have in thread please send me a PM. These ping my email address and make it more likely that I will see your question and respond more quickly.

FYI. EA Games sold by Amazon will not activate on Steam.

Digital Holiday

1/5-1/12

The Walking Dead - $12.49 ($7.49 post coupon)

1/11-1/13:

Alice: Madness Returns: The Complete Collection - $11.99 pre coupon (6.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Dragon Age Pack PC - $12.99 pre-coupon ($7.99 after coupon) - not Steam

1/18-1/20:

Need for Speed: The Run - $8.99 ($3.99 after coupon) - not Steam
EA Sports Classic Pack - $8.99 ($3.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Syndicate - $9.99 ($4.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Crysis Maximum Maximum -$17.99 ($12.99 after coupon) - not Steam

1/13-1/19:

Tantalizing THQ Medley - $11.99 pre coupon ($6.99 after coupon) - Steam

1/11-1/12:

Darksiders Franchise Pack - $13.19 before coupon ($8.19 after coupon) - Steam
Saints Row The Third: The Full Package - $12.49 pre coupon ($7.49 after coupon) - Steam

1/29-1/31:

Burning Hot Bundle - $11.99 ($6.99 after coupon)

F.A.Q.S.:

1. Does the game I'm buying from Amazon Activate on Steam/Origin/Uplay? What DRM does the game use?

There are two places to identify DRM on a digital video game detail page:

At the top of the page, below the title:

16hm7a8.png

In the "Product Description" section:

r06ykl.jpg

2. Note on Electronic Arts Games - For the most part, EA games sold on Amazon do not activate on Steam. Most activate on Origin.

3. Note on DRM with limited activations:

Our Policy

4. Sometimes I'll do giveaways.

5. I work with developers and publishers to get fun (or at least what I think is fun) content to share with you all. Here are some examples:

a. Check out the Pax Gameplay videos here: Xcom: Enemy Unknown I played Xcom with Jake, the Creative Director for the game, a few months before the game came out Also, on this page, check out the Q&A, also a community driven event.

b. Check out the interview on this page: Borderlands 2 we did this interview at E3 with Randy Pitchford this year.

c. We've partnered with the ++GoodGames Podcast to feature many of the games we carry. They talk to the developers about the game development process, how the games are conceptualized and managed, all kinds of fun stuff. I'm working on putting together full link list and will update when I have it.

What else do we sell?

Xbox Live Points and Subscriptions:

1600 Microsoft Live Points
4000 Microsoft Live Points
12 Month XBOX Live Subscription
3 Month XBOX Live Subscription]
12 Month + 1 XBOX Live Subscription

PSN+ Subscriptions and PSN Points:

$20 PSN Points
$50 PSN Points
12 Month PSN+ Subscription
3 Month PSN+ Subscription

We also have a Free-2-Play store supported by our GameConnect technology. Gameconnect allows you to link your Amazon.com account with free-2-play and MMO accounts so that you can buy things like in game currency, premium game time/subscriptions, in game items, etc. on Amazon.com using your Amazon.com payment options and have this content delivered directly into your game.

To check out the Free-2-Play games we offer you can visit our storefront here:

Free-2-Play Store

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']Sidebar, does reddit have an ignore feature? I'm trying to figure out how to just not see messages from a couple trolls.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

Reddit does not (though I could swear there was a 'block' link for a short while when they were testing other things as well), but you can use the Reddit Enhancement Suite to get most of the way there (not sure if it ignores private messages)

edit: Hah, "block user" exists for PMs as TheHeretic pointed out

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']Working on it guys, we put the OG planet stuff up because we don't have keys yet and we didn't want to have 0 things on the page when customers go to look at the DOTW.

Sidebar, does reddit have an ignore feature? I'm trying to figure out how to just not see messages from a couple trolls.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

I don't know if reddit has an ignore feature, but my google search suggested this plug-in: http://redditenhancementsuite.com/features.html

Use User Tagger with filteReddit

Or you could use this Chrome extension: https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/reddit-ignore-users/mijmbcoobaemdnmcombhonhcdemlfgfl

And things could be worse, just look at Origin ;-)

[quote name='arsenhazzard']Reddit does not (though I could swear there was a 'block' link for a short while when they were testing other things as well), but you can use the Reddit Enhancement Suite to get most of the way there (not sure if it ignores private messages)[/QUOTE]

For normal post in reddit you could use Reddit Enhancement Suite to hide posts by certain users you've selected.

For private messages, there's a 'block user' link you could use for every message sent by someone.

I noticed GameFly has the Need for Speed Digital Collection on sale for 12 bucks or something, if you guys do something along those lines soon let me know! I'm a huge NFS fan, lol

Fifa for $26, so glad I waited to buy it for PC, have it on PS3, my favorite game series even over call of duty

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']Working on it guys, we put the OG planet stuff up because we don't have keys yet and we didn't want to have 0 things on the page when customers go to look at the DOTW.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

motivator7e38a80e5ea1aa9e1ec64ac9131ef8a96f7469d4.jpg

UPDATE 10/15 3:30PM PST: We are currently ingesting another huge batch of keys. The product should be buyable again shortly. NOTE: Square has informed us that this is the last batch of keys they'll be giving us for the bundle and that we will be replacing the deal with something different starting either immediately when the bundle ends or early tomorrow.

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']UPDATE 10/15 3:30PM PST: We are currently ingesting another huge batch of keys. The product should be buyable again shortly. NOTE: Square has informed us that this is the last batch of keys they'll be giving us for the bundle and that we will be replacing the deal with something different starting either immediately when the bundle ends or early tomorrow.[/QUOTE]

Was planning to wait until later in the week to buy, but I guess I'd better buy it ASAP when it comes back in stock. Thanks for the heads up.

and its unrelated, but I like the members of this forum more than I like the rest of the internet, so I'll ask here - what is the best deal to date and/or currently available on BF3 Premium?

[quote name='kwirl']and its unrelated, but I like the members of this forum more than I like the rest of the internet, so I'll ask here - what is the best deal to date and/or currently available on BF3 Premium?[/QUOTE]
For PC? Probably with a 25% off promo code from GMG.

[quote name='walkonshadows']something different? As in substituting certain games, or a whole new bundle?[/QUOTE]

We're either going to do a 25% discount on anything in the DVG store except Borderlands 2/XCOM or $19.99 Sleeping Dogs.

Still figuring out which one.

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='wilflare']@Tony,

any chance that the FEAR games will be included in a Halloween Bundle>[/QUOTE]

Amazon just had the FEAR game bundle [FEAR 1 + expansion, FEAR 2, FEAR 3] for $10 last week! The sale ended on Saturday.
I'd like to see a Halloween Sale, but with some different games

Awww. My sister is on her way here from the airport and we're going out to dinner. I hope it's still available when I get home. I'm not counting on it though.

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']We're either going to do a 25% discount on anything in the DVG store except Borderlands 2/XCOM or $19.99 Sleeping Dogs.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

My vote goes for 25% off. Mainly because SD was 29.99 not even a week ago.

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']My vote goes for 25% off. Mainly because SD was 29.99 not even a week ago.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, if we did SD we'd refund the $10 to people who bought during that sale.

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']NOTE: Square has informed us that this is the last batch of keys they'll be giving us for the bundle...[/QUOTE]

Is this indicative that they aren't happy with the outcome revenue-wise?

I would assume they didn't expect such demand.

Also, I wonder if the Amazon network people are asking themselves why one page is getting so much bandwidth on a Monday afternoon. F5!

Does the 25% off work with Preorders? The only reason I ask is because I preordered Hitman Absolution yesterday because of the $5 credit towards it. 25% off would make it cheaper without the code.

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']Yeah, if we did SD we'd refund the $10 to people who bought during that sale.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

You guys are awesome. I love Amazon.

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']We're either going to do a 25% discount on anything in the DVG store except Borderlands 2/XCOM or $19.99 Sleeping Dogs.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

I say do this -> Sleeping Dogs is $20 AND also 25% off anything in DVG store including Borderlands 2, XCOM: EU and especially Sleeping Dogs.

Who's with me...?

;)

[quote name='MysterD']I say do this -> Sleeping Dogs is $20 AND also 25% off anything in DVG store including Borderlands 2 & XCOM: EU.

Who's with me...?

;)[/QUOTE]

Dude I"m down, or what you could do is put Sleeping Dogs at 26.67 on sale and allow the coupon to be used on it so it is then $19.99 and choose to refund people if you wish that way it is the both of best worlds so you don't have to have Sleeping Dogs go for $19.99 - the 25% coupon and have to exclude that too. I don't know just an idea it might work though :D .

[quote name='shaggyc']I have no interest in sleeping dogs. 25% off would be cool. ALso, does this http://www.amazon.com/Southpeak-40338Trine-Trine-Download/dp/B003QTD70C/ref=pd_sim_vg_6 activate on steam?[/QUOTE]

We're pushing for the promo code.

[quote name='Mooby']Is this indicative that they aren't happy with the outcome revenue-wise?[/QUOTE]

Not at all, we're just out of allocation. We forecast XXX for deal of the week, this particular deal of the week was so successful we blew past XXX quickly and had to get XXXX, then we blew through that lol.

Cheers,
Tony

You snooze, you lose ;)

I guess that ends our debate on the people complaining about the 25% off code after the $10/$7.50 EA bundle. Waiting could give you a deeper discount BUT you could also lose out on the bundle, at least until the next big sale. :cool:

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']
Not at all, we're just out of allocation. We forecast XXX for deal of the week, this particular deal of the week was so successful we blew past XXX quickly and had to get XXXX, then we blew through that lol.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

Cool. Just hoping for happy publishers since it will lead to more great deals! Keep up the good work.

[quote name='Mooby']Cool. Just hoping for happy publishers since it will lead to more great deals! Keep up the good work.[/QUOTE]

After the Origin debacle I think publishers might be learning how important it is to have retail partners will some real experience in internet commerce.

I'm glad I was able to get in on the best deal of the year, another thing that wouldn't have happened without this thread..

Is there any chance that this will sell out within 30 minutes of it going live again tonight? I'd hate to miss out on the deal because it sold out during a brief window of time where I was away from my computer.

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']UPDATE 10/15 3:30PM PST: We are currently ingesting another huge batch of keys. The product should be buyable again shortly. NOTE: Square has informed us that this is the last batch of keys they'll be giving us for the bundle and that we will be replacing the deal with something different starting either immediately when the bundle ends or early tomorrow.[/QUOTE]

I already set tabmixplus to reload every 15sec.

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']We did this earlier today, have you checked the page? I approved the pricing personally.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

Aliens Vs Predator for 1.74 after coupon. That rules :)

[quote name='orphicblue']Are all the keys gone now? Did those mentioned to be coming out at 3:30 PST come and go already?[/QUOTE]

This... Should I stop reloading? =)

[quote name='orphicblue']Are all the keys gone now? Did those mentioned to be coming out at 3:30 PST come and go already?[/QUOTE]

I don't think they have been refilled yet, been checking it since work and haven't seen any change in the amount purchased. Pretty sure they would update this deal as dead if the final blow had already been given to the keys. I am just hoping people who will play it get them before the guys who will just buy it to resell the keys. Don't mind if I lose out to another gamer but if I see it on sale from 3rd party's for $10 more im gonna be pissed lol.

[quote name='TheRobReport']I don't think they have been refilled yet, been checking it since work and haven't seen any change in the amount purchased. Pretty sure they would update this deal as dead if the final blow had already been given to the keys. I am just hoping people who will play it get them before the guys who will just buy it to resell the keys. Don't mind if I lose out to another gamer but if I see it on sale from 3rd party's for $10 more im gonna be pissed lol.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Thadar']This... Should I stop reloading? =)[/QUOTE]

I will post a "product is back up" message when they are back.

Cheers,
Tony

I vote for Sleeping Dogs..

Also, Tony, it would be possible someday to have Victoria 2- A House Divided or Crusader Kinds 2- Sword of Islam on sale or on one of the paradox bundles? That would be awesome. I might pick it up anyways with the 25% coupon if the coupon wins.

[quote name='monkeyz']Dude I"m down, or what you could do is put Sleeping Dogs at 26.67 on sale and allow the coupon to be used on it so it is then $19.99 and choose to refund people if you wish that way it is the both of best worlds so you don't have to have Sleeping Dogs go for $19.99 - the 25% coupon and have to exclude that too. I don't know just an idea it might work though :D .[/QUOTE]

Imagine if Sleeping Dogs PC is $20 AND we can use the 25% coupon to stack on top of that sale!
EPIC WIN.
It'd be like $15, after everything (sale price + 25% off)! :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back