Amazon PCDD $12.49 Walking Dead ($7.49 after coupon)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amazon DVG Deals

Official Representative
Feedback
4 (100%)
Hi CAGs,

I'll be posting deals we're running on Digital Games (PC/Mac, Free to Play, Sony/Microsoft Points/Subs).

I'm also here to answer questions you might have, get you closer to the developers by hosting Q&As, setting up podcasts, live streaming gameplay etc. If I don't respond to a question you have in thread please send me a PM. These ping my email address and make it more likely that I will see your question and respond more quickly.

FYI. EA Games sold by Amazon will not activate on Steam.

Digital Holiday

1/5-1/12

The Walking Dead - $12.49 ($7.49 post coupon)

1/11-1/13:

Alice: Madness Returns: The Complete Collection - $11.99 pre coupon (6.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Dragon Age Pack PC - $12.99 pre-coupon ($7.99 after coupon) - not Steam

1/18-1/20:

Need for Speed: The Run - $8.99 ($3.99 after coupon) - not Steam
EA Sports Classic Pack - $8.99 ($3.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Syndicate - $9.99 ($4.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Crysis Maximum Maximum -$17.99 ($12.99 after coupon) - not Steam

1/13-1/19:

Tantalizing THQ Medley - $11.99 pre coupon ($6.99 after coupon) - Steam

1/11-1/12:

Darksiders Franchise Pack - $13.19 before coupon ($8.19 after coupon) - Steam
Saints Row The Third: The Full Package - $12.49 pre coupon ($7.49 after coupon) - Steam

1/29-1/31:

Burning Hot Bundle - $11.99 ($6.99 after coupon)

F.A.Q.S.:

1. Does the game I'm buying from Amazon Activate on Steam/Origin/Uplay? What DRM does the game use?

There are two places to identify DRM on a digital video game detail page:

At the top of the page, below the title:

16hm7a8.png

In the "Product Description" section:

r06ykl.jpg

2. Note on Electronic Arts Games - For the most part, EA games sold on Amazon do not activate on Steam. Most activate on Origin.

3. Note on DRM with limited activations:

Our Policy

4. Sometimes I'll do giveaways.

5. I work with developers and publishers to get fun (or at least what I think is fun) content to share with you all. Here are some examples:

a. Check out the Pax Gameplay videos here: Xcom: Enemy Unknown I played Xcom with Jake, the Creative Director for the game, a few months before the game came out Also, on this page, check out the Q&A, also a community driven event.

b. Check out the interview on this page: Borderlands 2 we did this interview at E3 with Randy Pitchford this year.

c. We've partnered with the ++GoodGames Podcast to feature many of the games we carry. They talk to the developers about the game development process, how the games are conceptualized and managed, all kinds of fun stuff. I'm working on putting together full link list and will update when I have it.

What else do we sell?

Xbox Live Points and Subscriptions:

1600 Microsoft Live Points
4000 Microsoft Live Points
12 Month XBOX Live Subscription
3 Month XBOX Live Subscription]
12 Month + 1 XBOX Live Subscription

PSN+ Subscriptions and PSN Points:

$20 PSN Points
$50 PSN Points
12 Month PSN+ Subscription
3 Month PSN+ Subscription

We also have a Free-2-Play store supported by our GameConnect technology. Gameconnect allows you to link your Amazon.com account with free-2-play and MMO accounts so that you can buy things like in game currency, premium game time/subscriptions, in game items, etc. on Amazon.com using your Amazon.com payment options and have this content delivered directly into your game.

To check out the Free-2-Play games we offer you can visit our storefront here:

Free-2-Play Store

Last edited by a moderator:
I thought Tony said their version of the Augmented Edition came with one of the packs... Explosive pack or something, but not another one. I know it came with SOMETHING besides just the OST, art, etc.

Tony will have to explain that.

[quote name='Idiotekque']I thought Tony said their version of the Augmented Edition came with one of the packs... Explosive pack or something, but not another one. I know it came with SOMETHING besides just the OST, art, etc.

Tony will have to explain that.[/QUOTE]

Tony said he thought it did come with one DLC, but people who activated it stated it came with nothing.

[quote name='Idiotekque']I thought Tony said their version of the Augmented Edition came with one of the packs... Explosive pack or something, but not another one. I know it came with SOMETHING besides just the OST, art, etc.

Tony will have to explain that.[/QUOTE]

I thought when I installed mine it said it was going to take 16gb, went back and it was significantly less and didn't include the DLC that was listed when I inputted the code... not sure where it's going.

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']Can you give me the times of each purchase?

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]
First one was at 5:49 PM, second was around 8:05 PM.

Edit: The former was the second game and the latter was the first.

[quote name='Ardrid']You need to hold on to the keys. If you attempt to redeem them on Steam they'll be permanently attached to your account, even if you own a previously purchased copy.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='UW_Shocks']STEAM won't give you gifts for games you already own. Not sure if it will give you an error, or eat your key and replace your game with a version with a new key.
But, if your talking about Amazon inventory, you can just give the keys to friends. [you'll get another key][/QUOTE]

No guys. If you tried to register a Steam key for a game you already have it will give a message saying "You already have the product" and the key will still be new

[quote name='NuclearPorkchop']Hmm...slight problem maybe?

Redeemed my Deus Ex HR Augmented Edition key, and it showed two different items on the steam redemption page (the game + DLC of some kind). I was in auto-pilot mode redeeming my keys, but not installing them because I dont have enough room, and just closed it like normal.

After I was all done, I check the "see DLC" option for DXHR...and nothing.

I think it was the Explosive Mission pack?

Anyhow...don't see any way to view what it was...help?[/QUOTE]

From Steam, click on your xxxxx's account in the upper right corner and select "Account Details" . It will show you Licenses and subscriptions which will show you the "exact" name of the things you activated on Steam

UPDATE 10/15 10:35PM PST:

This has been, by far, our best selling deal...ever. Thanks to everyone who participated. For those who got SC1 instead of SC2, we'll get you sorted out as soon as possible.

Starting tomorrow the deal of the week for the remainder of the week (until Saturday at 11:59:59PM PST) you can use SQRLUVOC to take 25% off anything in the DVG store excluding:

1. XCOM: Enemy Unknown
2. Borderlands 2
3. XBOX/PSN Points/Subs

EDIT: This deal now starts tomorrow. Time TBD.

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']UPDATE 10/15 10:35PM PST:

This has been, by far, our best selling deal...ever. Thanks to everyone who participated. For those who got SC1 instead of SC2, we'll get you sorted out as soon as possible.

Starting in 1.5 hours the deal of the week for the remainder of the week (until Saturday at 11:59:59PM PST) you can use SQRLUVOC to take 25% off anything in the DVG store excluding:

2. Borderlands 2
3. XBOX/PSN Points/Subs[/QUOTE]

Oh, no. I just placed two Borderlands 2 Season pass. Does this code apply to BL2 season pass?

Starting in 1.5 hours the deal of the week for the remainder of the week (until Saturday at 11:59:59PM PST) you can use SQRLUVOC to take 25% off anything in the DVG store excluding:

2. Borderlands 2
3. XBOX/PSN Points/Subs[/QUOTE]
So the Squeenix deal is done? & the code starts at 4AM (roughly)?

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']It will yes.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]
So...I missed discounts...

BTW, I just received email from CS. Is it replied by you?

Starting tomorrow the deal of the week for the remainder of the week (until Saturday at 11:59:59PM PST) you can use SQRLUVOC to take 25% off anything in the DVG store excluding:

2. Borderlands 2
3. XBOX/PSN Points/Subs

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

Congrats Tony!

ahhh, super bummed I missed this. I actually saw the deal on my phone at work Sunday morning and contemplating buying it then but for some stupid reason did not want to buy it on my phone. Figured I wait until I got home. Then it was gone.

Shucks.

Been checking on and off on this deal. I was waiting for it to get restocked (or whatever the term is for getting more keys). Can't really blame Tony on this...but still kinda sad that I missed out on the deal (I assumed I still had a good couple of days left to wait for this deal).

*edit* Low possibility, but posting for luck. Really hope that Tony can some how manage to put the Walking Dead game on sale again. Due to the resurgence of interest in the franchise I am now kicking myself for not purchasing the season pass earlier when it was on sale on multiple occasions.

I missed out on the Squeenix deal (was waiting for this Friday to bite), but I already owned most of the games. I had a small chance to buy it today but figured, hey, why not let others enjoy the goodness of Just Cause 2 and Deus Ex: HR like I have? :) Would have been nice to get some of the other games I didn't have, but I suppose I'll swim through the trade thread later.

Anyway, 25% off is still a pretty nice promo. I missed out on the GMG Borderlands 2 Season Pass promo last week, so that's what I'm aiming for come payday.

Congrats on the bundle success, Tony! Really glad this sold well. I hope it bodes well for other publishers doing something similar down the line. :D

I have just read something about supcom 2 key mixed up a bit too late, I have already retrieve the key. Tested and confirm the key is supcom1. Will this be automatically sort out or I need to send to CS to get this sorted?

This has been, by far, our best selling deal...ever. Thanks to everyone who hopelessly tried for hours/days to buy it and still got nothing. Tough Sh!t.[/QUOTE]

fixed.

[quote name='dejeckt']Been checking on and off on this deal. I was waiting for it to get restocked (or whatever the term is for getting more keys). Can't really blame Tony on this...but still kinda sad that I missed out on the deal (I assumed I still had a good couple of days left to wait for this deal).

*edit* Low possibility, but posting for luck. Really hope that Tony can some how manage to put the Walking Dead game on sale again. Due to the resurgence of interest in the franchise I am now kicking myself for not purchasing the season pass earlier when it was on sale on multiple occasions.[/QUOTE]

Just use the 25% code for Walking Dead. It will bring it nearly as low as the previous sale prices.

Anyone know what version the Borderlands 2 Season Pass from Amazon is. In Steam my Borderlands is listed as

Borderlands 2 Game and Premier Club DLC WW

With the RU edition and other issues I thought it would be better to make sure it'll work with my version.

Just a heads up to those complaining that the deal won't be coming back, many CAGs are selling the games in the SE bundle for $1 or $2 using paypal, so you can pick out the games you want, and get an even better deal, even though the bundle's not coming back.

I think I'll grab NBA 2k13 with the 25% off code if it works on preorders, thanks for the gesture! Fifa 13 would've been sweet if it were still on sale.

[quote name='StickyWaffles']Just a heads up to those complaining that the deal won't be coming back, many CAGs are selling the games in the SE bundle for $1 or $2 using paypal, so you can pick out the games you want, and get an even better deal, even though the bundle's not coming back.

I think I'll grab NBA 2k13 with the 25% off code if it works on preorders, thanks for the gesture! Fifa 13 would've been sweet if it were still on sale.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, but that was before the deal was dead. I wouldn't be surprised if people start asking more. I sold the ones I didn't want from the bundle for cheap, but that was before it was dead for good.

For those who bought the package and then got the "duplicate" warning and were asked to wait 4 hours, are we actually going to get the bundle? I bought a copy and then got that message as I started to make sure the order went through. Since it did, I did not place a second order. I'd be pretty disappointed if I got a message telling me I bought it and then did not get it after all.

The Squeenix deal is over?!

;_;

Bank didn't work on the weekend, then when I managed to put the money on my account yesterday, the deal was unavailable (different time zones, was 3 am here when it was last up, judging by the posts) all the time, and now it's over! :(((

[quote name='V4oLDbOY']Yeah, but that was before the deal was dead. I wouldn't be surprised if people start asking more. I sold the ones I didn't want from the bundle for cheap, but that was before it was dead for good.[/QUOTE]I thought of that, but most people in that thread are of the sell things for the price they paid/help others out mode, rather than the opportunistic TRU PC clearance folks. haha. I saw you let the games you didn't need go for cheap, you're a good example of the positive vibe I get from that thread. :)

I'm still hoping to get DE HR and Just Cause 2 together for $5, but if the prices go up, then that's okay, I have plenty of other cheap PC games to play.

Considering the demand and rapid sales rate for the SE bundle, I can't imagine the 1C pack being any easier to implement. That 1C pack would fry Amazon's servers and set the world on fire.

[quote name='inm8num2']Considering the demand and rapid sales rate for the SE bundle, I can't imagine the 1C pack being any easier to implement. That 1C pack would fry Amazon's servers and set the world on fire.[/QUOTE]

In terms of sales, I'm not so sure. This was a bundle of Squeenix's AAA titles for $10. 1C's games aren't as well known or as high quality. Not to mention that this bundle had something for everyone, whereas a 1C bundle would be geared toward strategy and sim fans.

[quote name='Uplink']Tried that said invalid :([/QUOTE]

Tony said that the code won't be active until sometime tomorrow with the exact time it will become active still to be determined.

[quote name='V4oLDbOY']Anyone know what version the Borderlands 2 Season Pass from Amazon is. In Steam my Borderlands is listed as

Borderlands 2 Game and Premier Club DLC WW

With the RU edition and other issues I thought it would be better to make sure it'll work with my version.[/QUOTE]

WW = Worldwide and I guess your version was a Steam key not a Steam gift coz gifts are RoW for all the world except RU/CIS

I am sure Amazon does NOT sell RU keys and the only other version available is WW, so you are safe :)

[quote name='Uplink']Tried that said invalid :([/QUOTE]

The code should be up today, it doesn't work on anything "yet"

Quick question... how do we use the SQRLUVOC code on digital downloads? I don't see an option to add the item to my cart, all I see is a "Buy and Download" button

[quote name='Neotribal']Quick question... how do we use the SQRLUVOC code on digital downloads? I don't see an option to add the item to my cart, all I see is a "Buy and Download" button[/QUOTE]

Click that button, you'll be given a chance to enter the code before checkout, however this particular code isn't active quite yet. Tony will announce in this thread when it is.

[quote name='walkonshadows']Click that button, you'll be given a chance to enter the code before checkout, however this particular code isn't active quite yet. Tony will announce in this thread when it is.[/QUOTE]

Ah, ok thanks for the info! :applause:

I missed on the deal again -- tried for hours to buy it and eventually my computer crashed... If anyone has any spare keys for any of the games in the bundle, please PM me. I am exhausted.

2. Borderlands 2
3. XBOX/PSN Points/Subs

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

That's the same as the $2 code. Can we still use this for the 25% deal if we already did the $2 promotion.

I see Modern Warfare 3 for $30 right now and I would like to see if it stacks.

[quote name='60fps']That's the same as the $2 code. Can we still use this for the 25% deal if we already did the $2 promotion.

I see Modern Warfare 3 for $30 right now and I would like to see if it stacks.[/QUOTE]

They aren't the same code. The $2 code was SQRLUVIO, the 25% code is SQRLUVOC.

[quote name='StickyWaffles']Just a heads up to those complaining that the deal won't be coming back, many CAGs are selling the games in the SE bundle for $1 or $2 using paypal, so you can pick out the games you want, and get an even better deal, even though the bundle's not coming back.

I think I'll grab NBA 2k13 with the 25% off code if it works on preorders, thanks for the gesture! Fifa 13 would've been sweet if it were still on sale.[/QUOTE]

Same here, makes it like $20 around there. fine with me

didn't think the bundle would actually completely sell-out honestly, that's crazy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back