Amazon PCDD $12.49 Walking Dead ($7.49 after coupon)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amazon DVG Deals

Official Representative
Feedback
4 (100%)
Hi CAGs,

I'll be posting deals we're running on Digital Games (PC/Mac, Free to Play, Sony/Microsoft Points/Subs).

I'm also here to answer questions you might have, get you closer to the developers by hosting Q&As, setting up podcasts, live streaming gameplay etc. If I don't respond to a question you have in thread please send me a PM. These ping my email address and make it more likely that I will see your question and respond more quickly.

FYI. EA Games sold by Amazon will not activate on Steam.

Digital Holiday

1/5-1/12

The Walking Dead - $12.49 ($7.49 post coupon)

1/11-1/13:

Alice: Madness Returns: The Complete Collection - $11.99 pre coupon (6.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Dragon Age Pack PC - $12.99 pre-coupon ($7.99 after coupon) - not Steam

1/18-1/20:

Need for Speed: The Run - $8.99 ($3.99 after coupon) - not Steam
EA Sports Classic Pack - $8.99 ($3.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Syndicate - $9.99 ($4.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Crysis Maximum Maximum -$17.99 ($12.99 after coupon) - not Steam

1/13-1/19:

Tantalizing THQ Medley - $11.99 pre coupon ($6.99 after coupon) - Steam

1/11-1/12:

Darksiders Franchise Pack - $13.19 before coupon ($8.19 after coupon) - Steam
Saints Row The Third: The Full Package - $12.49 pre coupon ($7.49 after coupon) - Steam

1/29-1/31:

Burning Hot Bundle - $11.99 ($6.99 after coupon)

F.A.Q.S.:

1. Does the game I'm buying from Amazon Activate on Steam/Origin/Uplay? What DRM does the game use?

There are two places to identify DRM on a digital video game detail page:

At the top of the page, below the title:

16hm7a8.png

In the "Product Description" section:

r06ykl.jpg

2. Note on Electronic Arts Games - For the most part, EA games sold on Amazon do not activate on Steam. Most activate on Origin.

3. Note on DRM with limited activations:

Our Policy

4. Sometimes I'll do giveaways.

5. I work with developers and publishers to get fun (or at least what I think is fun) content to share with you all. Here are some examples:

a. Check out the Pax Gameplay videos here: Xcom: Enemy Unknown I played Xcom with Jake, the Creative Director for the game, a few months before the game came out Also, on this page, check out the Q&A, also a community driven event.

b. Check out the interview on this page: Borderlands 2 we did this interview at E3 with Randy Pitchford this year.

c. We've partnered with the ++GoodGames Podcast to feature many of the games we carry. They talk to the developers about the game development process, how the games are conceptualized and managed, all kinds of fun stuff. I'm working on putting together full link list and will update when I have it.

What else do we sell?

Xbox Live Points and Subscriptions:

1600 Microsoft Live Points
4000 Microsoft Live Points
12 Month XBOX Live Subscription
3 Month XBOX Live Subscription]
12 Month + 1 XBOX Live Subscription

PSN+ Subscriptions and PSN Points:

$20 PSN Points
$50 PSN Points
12 Month PSN+ Subscription
3 Month PSN+ Subscription

We also have a Free-2-Play store supported by our GameConnect technology. Gameconnect allows you to link your Amazon.com account with free-2-play and MMO accounts so that you can buy things like in game currency, premium game time/subscriptions, in game items, etc. on Amazon.com using your Amazon.com payment options and have this content delivered directly into your game.

To check out the Free-2-Play games we offer you can visit our storefront here:

Free-2-Play Store

Last edited by a moderator:
I know this is noobish...but what exactly is DVG and is there a link to it lol...

Also, when is the 25% off expected to go live?

[quote name='Gxray']Hopefully not too much, don't want the coupon code pulled before I get to use it :cry:[/QUOTE]
GMG runs 20-25% off coupons all the time and seems to do okay. I think their margins are healthy enough that they can absorb a single purchase 25% hit, especially if it drives (hopefully repeat) business to them for game buying.

Unlike last time when I could stack the 25% on top of the Darksiders II sale, I don't see any real good opportunities from this one. Especially since I can't use it for the hottest new titles. That's no hit on Amazon or Tony, just the reality of being a CAG with a big backlog -- it's got to be a deep cut to make me bite.
[quote name='SylentHavok']I know this is noobish...but what exactly is DVG and is there a link to it lol...[/quote]
Pretty sure DVG is just Digital Video Games, i.e. the Amazon games download section (vs. selling physical game media).

Code may be interesting if another site has a price that Amazon ends up matching, and is eligible for the 25% coupon to be used. Bonus points if it's also something that can be redeemed on Steam, like a sale on Dishonored.

[quote name='60fps']That's the same as the $2 code. Can we still use this for the 25% deal if we already did the $2 promotion.

I see Modern Warfare 3 for $30 right now and I would like to see if it stacks.[/QUOTE]

I just tried this as this is a deal I'd have done, but it says, "The coupon cannot be used for this title. Please check the details of your coupon."

Seems like only full priced games get the 25% off maybe. Too bad.

Oh, sure. Obviously if something comes up, I'll jump on it.

Tony, any news on the Supreme Commander mix-up? I'm afraid to even expose the code in case it's a bad code and I lose out on getting it corrected.

[quote name='HisDivineShadow']I just tried this as this is a deal I'd have done, but it says, "The coupon cannot be used for this title. Please check the details of your coupon."[/QUOTE]

I thought the coupon wasn't active yet.

[quote name='Chazzzer']They aren't the same code. The $2 code was SQRLUVIO, the 25% code is SQRLUVOC.[/QUOTE]

That's what I get for glancing at it. Thanks for correcting me.

[quote name='jshackles']Code may be interesting if another site has a price that Amazon ends up matching, and is eligible for the 25% coupon to be used. Bonus points if it's also something that can be redeemed on Steam, like a sale on Dishonored.[/QUOTE]

Sadly, Amazon does not have digital downloads for any of Bethesda published game. Which is very sad, because the only thing I would consider pick up with the coupon at 25% would be Dishonored.

So, is that the Square Enix bundle done then? Last I read Tony pulled it due to the SC1/2 issue, not because all keys were depleted. Will it make a brief reappearance?

[quote name='HaLLuZiNaTiOnZ']Damn. Only wanted Quantum Conundrum and Last Remnant out of the bundle. LR isn't even available to download stand alone now. =/[/QUOTE]

Sent you a PM to help you out with half your request.

Great to see a deal like this. Sad to have missed out on it though. Hopefully will find something worth using the 25% off on that is a good value.

[quote name='simpsonps121']Where would I find these people selling codes?

I am looking for the Deus Ex stuff and Quantum Conundrum...[/QUOTE]

Alternatively and if you want to do it on Steam this is the place to go to: Trader's Guild

[quote name='KaOTiK']Everyone that got SC1 instead of SC2 you should be happy, you got a better game. SC2 is pure trash, especially next to SC1[/QUOTE]

Well I;ve already owned SC1 for awhile so not really. It's not that big a deal either I guess.. but if anyone wants to trade SC2 for SC1 I'd definitely be down.

Tony, any eta on the coupon? Also, is it single use or can it be used multiple times? I'd like to get a game for me and another copy for my gf and I have a bunch of amazon gc attached to my account.

Tony are you guys going to be getting the new King's Bounty Warriors of the North? I'd love to preorder it from you guys using that coupon when it goes live :D

[quote name='BernardoOne']Its possible to know how many sales the bundle got? Really curious about the massiveness of it.[/QUOTE]

Maybe it's just an illustration, but from GAF Tony said projections were X and they did Xx10,000.

[quote name='CaptainSlow']Hi Tony,

Any idea if you'll be getting this game in and if it will be a Steam game?

King's Bounty: Warriors of the North

If you are it would be awesome to use that fancy new coupon to purchase this delightful expansion to a great game![/QUOTE]

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']We will be getting it, and it will be Steam.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

[quote name='KaOTiK']Tony are you guys going to be getting the new King's Bounty Warriors of the North? I'd love to preorder it from you guys using that coupon when it goes live :D[/QUOTE]

See above. Tony said yes though no ETA. I imagine it'll be soon as the game comes out next week.

If that 25% means excluding xcom, borderlands, and points cards....

perhaps that means it will work on pre orders?

Tomb Raider and Bioshock infinity here i come?

Is it normal for a specific game to not have discounts allowed to be applied to them. Another digital game download site also isn't allowing discount vouchers for X-Com.

[quote name='CaptainSlow']Is it normal for a specific game to not have discounts allowed to be applied to them. Another digital game download site also isn't allowing discount vouchers for X-Com.[/QUOTE]

Pretty sure it's up to the publisher. They probably feel those two games are selling well enough not to offer 25% discounts.

Hi! Is there anyway to know if the key is for SC1 or SC2?

I am not really interested in any of them and would like to trade it for a different game, but for that I would need to know which one it is.

[quote name='frankie007']Hi! Is there anyway to know if the key is for SC1 or SC2?

I am not really interested in any of them and would like to trade it for a different game, but for that I would need to know which one it is.[/QUOTE]

If you redeem it on an account that has both it should report it as already owned and offer to download at which point it'll say. Of course it sounds like you have neither and you probably don't want to just trust some random person with the code.

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']Hey guys,

Serious Sam has been matched and the SQRLUVOC code will be live at 1:09PM PST.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

Thanks, sir!

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]
Can you also do price match on Crusader Kings 2 and dlc? :D
Its funny, I asked for a sale on Sword of Islam yesterday, an today it appeared :D

[quote name='BernardoOne']Can you also do price match on Crusader Kings 2 and dlc? :D
Its funny, I asked for a sale on Sword of Islam yesterday, an today it appeared :D[/QUOTE]

What he said. Sword of Islam would be a nice pickup and I'd love to see a price match.

[quote name='louiedog']If you redeem it on an account that has both it should report it as already owned and offer to download at which point it'll say. Of course it sounds like you have neither and you probably don't want to just trust some random person with the code.[/QUOTE]

Thanks louiedog, I knew that option and, in fact, I already own the first one but do not want to try in case it redeems the second one as I am not interested in it at all...

Steam should allow you to check the key before redeeming it (as Origin does).

Any word about the SupCom 1/2 issue yet? Redeemed mine before I went to work and checked this thread and again and didn't realize it was an issue.

Although I don't have the first one, I'd prefer to own the second one seeing as I could probably buy the first one with the expansion as a bundle.

Great sale - hope this will be sorted out sooner than later!

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

Would the 25% Code stack with the sale price? :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back