Amazon PCDD $12.49 Walking Dead ($7.49 after coupon)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amazon DVG Deals

Official Representative
Feedback
4 (100%)
Hi CAGs,

I'll be posting deals we're running on Digital Games (PC/Mac, Free to Play, Sony/Microsoft Points/Subs).

I'm also here to answer questions you might have, get you closer to the developers by hosting Q&As, setting up podcasts, live streaming gameplay etc. If I don't respond to a question you have in thread please send me a PM. These ping my email address and make it more likely that I will see your question and respond more quickly.

FYI. EA Games sold by Amazon will not activate on Steam.

Digital Holiday

1/5-1/12

The Walking Dead - $12.49 ($7.49 post coupon)

1/11-1/13:

Alice: Madness Returns: The Complete Collection - $11.99 pre coupon (6.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Dragon Age Pack PC - $12.99 pre-coupon ($7.99 after coupon) - not Steam

1/18-1/20:

Need for Speed: The Run - $8.99 ($3.99 after coupon) - not Steam
EA Sports Classic Pack - $8.99 ($3.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Syndicate - $9.99 ($4.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Crysis Maximum Maximum -$17.99 ($12.99 after coupon) - not Steam

1/13-1/19:

Tantalizing THQ Medley - $11.99 pre coupon ($6.99 after coupon) - Steam

1/11-1/12:

Darksiders Franchise Pack - $13.19 before coupon ($8.19 after coupon) - Steam
Saints Row The Third: The Full Package - $12.49 pre coupon ($7.49 after coupon) - Steam

1/29-1/31:

Burning Hot Bundle - $11.99 ($6.99 after coupon)

F.A.Q.S.:

1. Does the game I'm buying from Amazon Activate on Steam/Origin/Uplay? What DRM does the game use?

There are two places to identify DRM on a digital video game detail page:

At the top of the page, below the title:

16hm7a8.png

In the "Product Description" section:

r06ykl.jpg

2. Note on Electronic Arts Games - For the most part, EA games sold on Amazon do not activate on Steam. Most activate on Origin.

3. Note on DRM with limited activations:

Our Policy

4. Sometimes I'll do giveaways.

5. I work with developers and publishers to get fun (or at least what I think is fun) content to share with you all. Here are some examples:

a. Check out the Pax Gameplay videos here: Xcom: Enemy Unknown I played Xcom with Jake, the Creative Director for the game, a few months before the game came out Also, on this page, check out the Q&A, also a community driven event.

b. Check out the interview on this page: Borderlands 2 we did this interview at E3 with Randy Pitchford this year.

c. We've partnered with the ++GoodGames Podcast to feature many of the games we carry. They talk to the developers about the game development process, how the games are conceptualized and managed, all kinds of fun stuff. I'm working on putting together full link list and will update when I have it.

What else do we sell?

Xbox Live Points and Subscriptions:

1600 Microsoft Live Points
4000 Microsoft Live Points
12 Month XBOX Live Subscription
3 Month XBOX Live Subscription]
12 Month + 1 XBOX Live Subscription

PSN+ Subscriptions and PSN Points:

$20 PSN Points
$50 PSN Points
12 Month PSN+ Subscription
3 Month PSN+ Subscription

We also have a Free-2-Play store supported by our GameConnect technology. Gameconnect allows you to link your Amazon.com account with free-2-play and MMO accounts so that you can buy things like in game currency, premium game time/subscriptions, in game items, etc. on Amazon.com using your Amazon.com payment options and have this content delivered directly into your game.

To check out the Free-2-Play games we offer you can visit our storefront here:

Free-2-Play Store

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Chazzzer']They aren't the same code. The $2 code was SQRLUVIO, the 25% code is SQRLUVOC.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='vince_carter']wait, what?[/QUOTE]
I'm thinking that mean $10 off each of those games, right?

TONY!
"X-Com: Enemy Unknown" is misspelled on the Amazon deal page... Inside the inset box that explains the key situation, the game is spelled "[...] Uknown". Just an FYI, keep up the good work!

Just purchased the BL2 Season Pass and it worked. Tried to purchase Walking Dead (the game obv) and it no longer worked so it looks like it's a one-and-done code.

Is it possible to buy more than one game at a time? Maybe I'm just trying to exploit the system but I'd like to buy Serious Sam 2 + it's DLC at the same time to be able to use the coupon code on both.

[quote name='jrodri86']For those interested on Dungeon Defenders you can get the game for 2.80 if you apply the coupon for this game.[/QUOTE]

or a dungeon defenders 2 pack for $4.21

Tony,

Is the 25% off code single-use per account or can we use it multiple times? Will it apply to just one game during purchase or all the games during the checkout?

Thanks!

[quote name='nategator']Tony,

Is the 25% off code single-use per account or can we use it multiple times? Will it apply to just one game during purchase or all the games during the checkout?

Thanks![/QUOTE]

I'd

Hey guys, I have a question (including some screenshots) regarding icons management using shortcuts because I now have my games scattered across game downloader services (Origin, Steam, Gamefly, etc). It's mostly a request for tips but also I thought it helpful in explaining the problem to Amazon and pitching for some coding work for a game organizer overlay.

I figure this may be of issue to other Amazon customers but don't want to clog up the thread with something that might be of little interest. Should I put in the question here or start up a new thread since the post might be large?

[quote name='vince_carter']also, seems to be 1 use per account[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the clarification.

So I'd best hold on to that coupon until I see something that I really, really want to use it on.

MOH Warfighter LE looks very tempting for $25.99 with the 25% off code and $19 GC credit I already have. Knowing how EA games decrease in price fast is holding me back :cry:

[quote name='The End']Thanks for the clarification.

So I'd best hold on to that coupon until I see something that I really, really want to use it on.[/QUOTE]

Ye, I just went ahead and used it on a game which I didn't really fancy and now realising it's one per account I feel a bit of an idiot.

[quote name='ndawgdrake']For those who were wondering, Tony confirmed on NeoGAF that the 25% code is one time use only. So choose carefully, CAGers :)[/QUOTE]

Did he confirm it is also one-game only or will it apply to multiple games in the one-time use?

[quote name='nategator']Did he confirm it is also one-game only or will it apply to multiple games in the one-time use?[/QUOTE]

Just said it was one-time use only. Give it a try, though. You can apply the code before buying anything.

[quote name='nategator']Did he confirm it is also one-game only or will it apply to multiple games in the one-time use?[/QUOTE]

Well there is no shopping cart for digital items, so you can't pile up a bunch of games to check out with. So in effect, it will only work on one game per account.

[quote name='Daf']Ye, I just went ahead and used it on a game which I didn't really fancy and now realising it's one per account I feel a bit of an idiot.[/QUOTE]

Ouch. Do you have a friend or family member who doesn't play games that has an Amazon account? If so, and it's a game with a steam key, maybe you can get them to help you out.

I went for Black Ops 2, at 25% off it is $45 which is the lowest price seen so far. Heck, they still make a big deal out of selling MW3 for $30 and it is a year old. $45 is a great deal on a game that is unlikely to go lower before launch. Plus, it is a steam key, wins all around.

FYI, you can use both the 25% coupon + the 5$ credit you got from buying to get the price of the new Hitman to 28.74$!

Also, Tony, can you please price match the Crusader kings 2 sale? thanks :)

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']FYI end date on this thing is TBD, for those wondering what to use it on.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

Oh, it's no longer ending on Saturday night?

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']FYI end date on this thing is TBD, for those wondering what to use it on.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

I think the big question is it one time use only or not? /js :)

Also, Tony you rock.

Alright, after hearing no objections. Here is my query:

After many purchases from Amazon, I found myself juggling between different game management solutions including Steam, Origin, Windows Game whatever, etc., leading me to create a shortcut folder to organize everything using medium icons:

Small_icons.png

The only problem is that it looks a little cluttered and doesn't have the same aesthetic appeal as, say, Origin or some of the Steam overlays. I then tried going with extra large icons with this result:
Screenshot_large_icons.png

Better, but only for the icons with a large enough image size. Otherwise, the art is tiny and the entire thing looks weird. Not surprisingly, it looks like Steam limited their shortcut icons to just the tiny view as a subtle way to lock-in customers to their game management solution.

So I tried looking for solutions, like replacing the icon images, but have found the process lacking and a huge time suck. Also, when I looked into adding games into the steam library, I found out that you have to hunt for the .exe file for each game, another huge time suck. I'm also not a fan of the different views bu Steam. Surprisingly, there do not seem to be third-party solutions like those found for digital music or ebooks (ex: Calibre).

So, has anyone else figured out a better way of organizing your games across different digital download services?

Also, Tony, this seems like a good opportunity for Amazon to come up with a solution. The coding seems to me as a layperson to be straight forward -- something similar to the carousel in Kindle Fire or Cover View from Apple. Plus, Digital Download fragmentation seems inevitable as more and more publishers jump into having their own platforms like Ubisoft, EA, etc. This gives a third-party the opportunity to come up with a software solution that would operate like shortcuts, reside on the desktop, and link up the shortcuts with coverart, game descriptions, screenshots, and other customization options for your consumer base. Finally, you put in small advertisements or a tab linking the user back to your own store, reaping the chief benefits of the different platforms -- "virtual store" advertisements without the added costs of programming the features like social media, cloud storage of game saves, DRM, etc.

Suddenly the 25% off code does not work for me anymore for MOH Warfighter LE Pre-order or NFS Most Wanted LE Pre-order. Also tried it on Black Ops 2 Pre-order and same thing !

[quote name='r9800pro']Suddenly the 25% off code does not work for me anymore for MOH Warfighter LE Pre-order or NFS Most Wanted LE Pre-order. Also tried it on Black Ops 2 Pre-order and same thing ![/QUOTE]

Hope the amazon rep can answer this, is it a glitch or was it never intended for pre-orders?

[quote name='jer7583']Hope the amazon rep can answer this, is it a glitch or was it never intended for pre-orders?[/QUOTE]

I just pre-ordered South Park: Stick of Truth with it.

44.99 - 11.25 - $5 (from THQ Pack Credit)

Total was 28.74 before tax for the pre-order. I can live with that. Thanks Tony!

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']I just pre-ordered South Park: Stick of Truth with it.

44.99 - 11.25 - $5 (from THQ Pack Credit)

Total was 28.74 before tax for the pre-order. I can live with that. Thanks Tony![/QUOTE]

Hitman Absolution is also 28.74$ if someone uses the coupon+ the 5$ credit given in the square enix pack.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back