Amazon PCDD $12.49 Walking Dead ($7.49 after coupon)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amazon DVG Deals

Official Representative
Feedback
4 (100%)
Hi CAGs,

I'll be posting deals we're running on Digital Games (PC/Mac, Free to Play, Sony/Microsoft Points/Subs).

I'm also here to answer questions you might have, get you closer to the developers by hosting Q&As, setting up podcasts, live streaming gameplay etc. If I don't respond to a question you have in thread please send me a PM. These ping my email address and make it more likely that I will see your question and respond more quickly.

FYI. EA Games sold by Amazon will not activate on Steam.

Digital Holiday

1/5-1/12

The Walking Dead - $12.49 ($7.49 post coupon)

1/11-1/13:

Alice: Madness Returns: The Complete Collection - $11.99 pre coupon (6.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Dragon Age Pack PC - $12.99 pre-coupon ($7.99 after coupon) - not Steam

1/18-1/20:

Need for Speed: The Run - $8.99 ($3.99 after coupon) - not Steam
EA Sports Classic Pack - $8.99 ($3.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Syndicate - $9.99 ($4.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Crysis Maximum Maximum -$17.99 ($12.99 after coupon) - not Steam

1/13-1/19:

Tantalizing THQ Medley - $11.99 pre coupon ($6.99 after coupon) - Steam

1/11-1/12:

Darksiders Franchise Pack - $13.19 before coupon ($8.19 after coupon) - Steam
Saints Row The Third: The Full Package - $12.49 pre coupon ($7.49 after coupon) - Steam

1/29-1/31:

Burning Hot Bundle - $11.99 ($6.99 after coupon)

F.A.Q.S.:

1. Does the game I'm buying from Amazon Activate on Steam/Origin/Uplay? What DRM does the game use?

There are two places to identify DRM on a digital video game detail page:

At the top of the page, below the title:

16hm7a8.png

In the "Product Description" section:

r06ykl.jpg

2. Note on Electronic Arts Games - For the most part, EA games sold on Amazon do not activate on Steam. Most activate on Origin.

3. Note on DRM with limited activations:

Our Policy

4. Sometimes I'll do giveaways.

5. I work with developers and publishers to get fun (or at least what I think is fun) content to share with you all. Here are some examples:

a. Check out the Pax Gameplay videos here: Xcom: Enemy Unknown I played Xcom with Jake, the Creative Director for the game, a few months before the game came out Also, on this page, check out the Q&A, also a community driven event.

b. Check out the interview on this page: Borderlands 2 we did this interview at E3 with Randy Pitchford this year.

c. We've partnered with the ++GoodGames Podcast to feature many of the games we carry. They talk to the developers about the game development process, how the games are conceptualized and managed, all kinds of fun stuff. I'm working on putting together full link list and will update when I have it.

What else do we sell?

Xbox Live Points and Subscriptions:

1600 Microsoft Live Points
4000 Microsoft Live Points
12 Month XBOX Live Subscription
3 Month XBOX Live Subscription]
12 Month + 1 XBOX Live Subscription

PSN+ Subscriptions and PSN Points:

$20 PSN Points
$50 PSN Points
12 Month PSN+ Subscription
3 Month PSN+ Subscription

We also have a Free-2-Play store supported by our GameConnect technology. Gameconnect allows you to link your Amazon.com account with free-2-play and MMO accounts so that you can buy things like in game currency, premium game time/subscriptions, in game items, etc. on Amazon.com using your Amazon.com payment options and have this content delivered directly into your game.

To check out the Free-2-Play games we offer you can visit our storefront here:

Free-2-Play Store

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']For a Lincoln!

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

Great!

[quote name='KaOTiK']For a penny? You guys are amazing[/QUOTE]
That would be even GREATER! :D

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']That's still like times infinity more than Origin had it for last week...[/QUOTE]

Well, you know, some of us were expecting EA and Origin to throw down ban-hammers or suspensions or take their games back from those who took MAD advantage of those MAJOR loopholes...

[quote name='MysterD']Great!

That would be even GREATER! :D

Well, you know, some of us were expecting EA and Origin to throw down ban-hammers or suspensions or take their games back from those who took MAD advantage of those MAJOR loopholes...[/QUOTE]

And instead the people who got 30 games go free and still have the games :p

Considering Civ V: Gods and Kings at $22.50... I'm not aware of it having gone lower yet anywhere else, anyone know if it did? Though I have to admit the looming threat of the Steam BF sale is killing me. I can't help but think at least some of this stuff that I'm on the fringe of buying will go 50% around that time.

[quote name='jonac13']Considering Civ V: Gods and Kings at $22.50... I'm not aware of it having gone lower yet anywhere else, anyone know if it did? Though I have to admit the looming threat of the Steam BF sale is killing me. I can't help but think at least some of this stuff that I'm on the fringe of buying will go 50% around that time.[/QUOTE]

Does steam usually have BF sales? I don't think I've ever been around for one of them.

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']Does steam usually have BF sales? I don't think I've ever been around for one of them.[/QUOTE]

I think they call it an "Autumn Sale" but BF fell in that window last year.

[quote name='jonac13']I think they call it an "Autumn Sale" but BF fell in that window last year.[/QUOTE]

Ah, good to hear :)

Before this year I had the bad habit of only checking CAG every December so I missed most BF sales.

[quote name='greydt']Ha, thanks! I have never played an instrument...ever, but I have a bucket list item of someday being able to play Pixie's "Where is My Mind?" on my own, and it felt like a sign that Rocksmith had that song :D. Kinda realistic though that I won't totally learn guitar through Rocksmith. Want to use it + books at first, and then get some instruction if I find that I like it.[/QUOTE]

That's a really great song to work for and a nice plan to learn from all the sources you can! I've been a big Rock Band junkie, but I'd like to "graduate" to Rocksmith one of these days.

[quote name='inm8num2']Really wish that 1C bundle were coming soon.[/QUOTE]

^^^^^^!!!!
Really wish I could play some: Kings Bounty, Cyrostasis, Men of War, Space Rangers series [maybe wait for the HD launch later this year?], Star Wolves Series, Penumbra, Necrovision Series, UFO, etc etc etc :bouncy::bouncy::bouncy:

Space Rangers HD info: http://www.spacesector.com/blog/2012/08/space-rangers-hd-a-war-apart-in-q4-2012-and-new-shots/
What’s new about it is a new pack of screenshots from Gamescom and the release date that still stands for later this year, more “precisely” Q4 2012.

Really wish that the "really wish" line becomes a new meme for this Amazon DVG Thread...

REALLY EDIT:
Really wish Seraphym didn't break the "Really wish" chain!

REALLY EDIT #2:
Really wish UW began his line w/ "Really"...

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']Really wish Nordstrom's was run like Origin...[/QUOTE]Try running in and just grabbing a bunch of stuff. If caught, say you had a coupon.

[quote name='Syntax Error']Try running in and just grabbing a bunch of stuff. If caught, say you had a coupon.[/QUOTE]

Just read off a promo code then wink at the manager and tell him to SHHH

Thinking about getting the original black ops for pc to replay in nicer image quality - i know a call of duty sale was mentioned - any chance it'll be lower than the $23 or so it would be with the current coupon?

[quote name='sleeping_lights_on']REally wish I could stop laughing from all the origin coupon jokes.[/QUOTE]
The fat duck even took the big O. lol
picture.php

[quote name='mac995555']Hey Tony, you got any plans of a mass effect deal?[/QUOTE]

I remember seeing there was plans for a masses effect 3 sale in November. Not sire of they were including 1 and 2 in that.

[quote name='vince_carter']Just read off a promo code then wink at the manager and tell him to SHHH[/QUOTE]

But only if the store manager is a guy and you plan on giving him some dumpster action later.

Hey Tony, did you see my PM I sent a little bit more than a day ago? I didn't see amessage with Your PM box is full or anything, so just curious.

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']That's still like times infinity more than Origin had it for last week...[/QUOTE]
No, NFS Run was not included in the Origin giveaway.

aw man, it seems like next weeks deals are origin deals.
only buy stuff for steam... dont like having two places, and origin doesnt even have achievements...and none of my friends use it.

:/

[quote name='walkonshadows']For those wondering exactly how Amazon could possibly make that deal any better[/QUOTE]
You know how Amazon could have really made the deal better? Have it actually available for sale for everyone who wanted it instead of letting it get held hostage over a lack of keys. Amazon should also display how many keys it has left on the order page so people know if supplies are limited. The 25% off coupon is no substitute for that $10 bundle of games.

If Square Enix had run the sale of that bundle on Steam, there wouldn't have been a supply problem because keys would not have been needed. Coincidently Amazon apparently has enough Deus Ex Human Revolution keys available to offer that game for $15 right now, and it's not even the end of the week.

[quote name='HB3D']You know how Amazon could have really made the deal better? Have it actually available for sale for everyone who wanted it instead of letting it get held hostage over a lack of keys. Amazon should also display how many keys it has left on the order page so people know if supplies are limited. The 25% off coupon is no substitute for that $10 bundle of games.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I agree. Also, maybe we could limit the deal to only IPs owned by CAGs. And maybe we can make it so that everyone else and the lurkers and the other people who wanted it just gets left out of the deal. And maybe we can make Amazon have a specific substore for CAGs only. And maybe that substore can have games for 75%-90% off every day.

And maybe... No, this is reality son. You aren't always going to get what you want, and sometimes others will beat you to the punch, that's life. I'm sure the other people wanted the games just as much as you did. You really think they just bought the games just to buy them? =P

Come on bro... Don't be selfish. There are other people in the world that matter than you and I and everyone else in this thread. =/

[quote name='HB3D']You know how Amazon could have really made the deal better? Have it actually available for sale for everyone who wanted it instead of letting it get held hostage over a lack of keys. Amazon should also display how many keys it has left on the order page so people know if supplies are limited. The 25% off coupon is no substitute for that $10 bundle of games.[/QUOTE]

Maybe afterwards Tony could give me the numbers for next weeks lottery since apparently he can see the future.

It always sucks when one misses out on a deal. But as he indicated, sales went way past expectations and he depended on (a) the publisher and (b) Steam to keep generating keys in order to keep the deal going. All in all, it seems like he did everything in his power to have as many satisfied customers as possible and even gave us a free $2 in credit when things got chaotic. I'll be the first in line with a pitchfork if a company jerks its customers around. That didn't happen here.

And my gut for some reason tells me that we may see that deal again someday. But maybe I just ate too much pizza.

[quote name='Severose']Come on bro... Don't be selfish.[/quote]
Expecting a company like Amazon to honor its commitment to offer a product for sale for the price and duration specified is neither selfish nor unreasonable. Amazon specified upfront that this offer was the deal of the week, i.e. would be offered all week. There was no notice on the sale page that supplies were limited especially due to some arbitrary item like a key code. This is a purely digital item. Supplies are technically unlimited. The only thing limiting supply is someone's arbitrary decision not to provide any more keys for the sale of these items at that price. As I noted above if this sale had been on Steam there would be no supply problem, and the fact that games from the bundle are now on sale individually on Amazon also demonstrates that Amazon doesn't have a supply problem for the games at a higher price.

You really think they just bought the games just to buy them? =P
Some people obviously bought them just to resell the keys as those keys are for sale by individuals on this forum and elsewhere.

[quote name='HB3D']Expecting a company like Amazon to honor its commitment to offer a product for sale for the price and duration specified is neither selfish nor unreasonable. Amazon specified upfront that this offer was the deal of the week, i.e. would be offered all week. There was no notice on the sale page that supplied were limited especially due to some arbitrary item like a key code. This is a purely digitall item. Supplies are technically unlimited. The only thing limiting supply is someone's arbitrary decision not to provide any more keys for the sale of these items at that price. As I noted above if this sale had been on Steam there would be no supply problem, and the fact that games from the bundle are now on sale individually on Amazon also demonstrates that Amazon doesn't have a supply problem for the games at a higher price.

Some people obviously bought them just to resell the keys.[/QUOTE]

have you tried contacting amazon customer service about this?

[quote name='HB3D']Expecting a company like Amazon to honor its commitment to offer a product for sale for the price and duration specified is neither selfish nor unreasonable. Amazon specified upfront that this offer was the deal of the week, i.e. would be offered all week. There was no notice on the sale page that supplied were limited especially due to some arbitrary item like a key code. This is a purely digitall item. Supplies are technically unlimited. The only thing limiting supply is someone's arbitrary decision not to provide any more keys for the sale of these items at that price. As I noted above if this sale had been on Steam there would be no supply problem, and the fact that games from the bundle are now on sale individually on Amazon also demonstrates that Amazon doesn't have a supply problem for the games at a higher price.

Steam has run out of keys before. Prey sold out e entirely never to find it way back on steam. You can buy retail copies of prey and they will activate on steam, i did a few months ago. So to think that steam doesn't run out isn't correct.

calm-down-bro.jpg

[quote name='nategator']Maybe afterwards Tony could give me the numbers for next weeks lottery since apparently he can see the future.[/quote]
While I don't blame Tony personally for this fiasco, someone at Square Enix and Amazon should have known upfront that supplies would be a problem since at least some of these games are very popular, the sale price was historically low for these games, and since this deal relied on a supply of key codes from a third-party who is also a competitor of Amazon's. It's poor planning if they did not, and it's even worse that such a possibility was not listed prominently in the sale notice by Amazon so potential buyers would know this upfront at the time of sale. Purely digital items like these usually don't have quantity restrictions so consumers don't expect it.

The whole purpose of running a really discounted sale like that is to make money on it in volume. Therefore you don't even offer the items at the sale price if you don't have huge quantities of it, and you certainly don't artificially constrain supply on the items if your goal is to make money on the deal. You make sure you meet all of the demand for the sale items that you get.

But as he indicated, sales went way past expectations and he depended on (a) the publisher and (b) Steam to keep generating keys in order to keep the deal going. All in all, it seems like he did everything in his power to have as many satisfied customers as possible
Again, I don't blame Tony personally for this because I doubt he had control over it given his place in the company, but it appears that at least one party in this fiasco is either lying or playing dirty. It would be easy to point the lone finger at Valve and say that Valve refused to give Square Enix any more keys because it wasn't getting a cut or a bigger cut of the sales since the sale wasn't on Steam. And, that may be all that happened here. However, it could also be that Square Enix realized that it underpriced the promotion based upon the huge demand and decided to withold further keys from Amazon to sell at the previously agreed sale price. That could explain why Amazon magically now has keys for sale for these games individually at higher prices even though the original time specified for the sale has not expired. Another possibility could be that Amazon is lying about running out of keys, and it is the one that decided to terminate the sale early due to the huge demand so it could charge more for the games indiividually. Or, it could be a combination of several of these, e.g. Valve cut off the supply so Amazon or Square Enix saved the remaining keys for sale at a higher price.

However, no matter which parties are responsible, the fact remains that someone intentionally killed this hugely popular sale of purely digital items with technically infinite supply before it was specified upfront to end, and it was done over money/greed. The consumers like me who wanted the deal but weren't allowed to purchase it are the ones who got screwed. A 25% off coupon is not a comparable substitute for that deal.

And my gut for some reason tells me that we may see that deal again someday.
My guy tells me we are probably going to see this same bundle on Steam in the future for either the same or a slightly higher price. However, that doesn't make what the parties did here right.

[quote name='Drabelincoln']Steam has run out of keys before.[/quote]
Steam doesn't run out of keys for games which only use Steamworks/require Steam because it doesn't use keys for games sold by Steam. Steam can only run out of keys for third-party games which rely on third-party DRM or online systems like GFWL. These games from Square Enix were only Steamworks and require no keys when sold on Steam.

Prey sold out e entirely never to find it way back on steam.
Prey's Internet multiplayer uses a proprietary system that requires proprietary keys. The single-player portion of the game does not. Prey is also not a Steamworks game. Because the intellectual property of Prey was sold, no new keys can be generated by the game's original publisher nor can it be sold on Steam without a new deal from the new owner. That is why Prey is not sold on Steam.

@HB3D

i still don't understand why you are venting here and not raising the issue with amazon customer service...or maybe you did and are just not saying...

[quote name='bubzers']@HB3D

i still don't understand why you are venting here and not raising the issue with amazon customer service...or maybe you did and are just not saying...[/QUOTE]
Amazon's customer service agents are terrific, and they are empowered to do a lot of things (including the ones in India when you call after Amazon's business hours), but resurrecting a sale bundle that has been terminated is apparently not one of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back