Amazon PCDD $12.49 Walking Dead ($7.49 after coupon)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amazon DVG Deals

Official Representative
Feedback
4 (100%)
Hi CAGs,

I'll be posting deals we're running on Digital Games (PC/Mac, Free to Play, Sony/Microsoft Points/Subs).

I'm also here to answer questions you might have, get you closer to the developers by hosting Q&As, setting up podcasts, live streaming gameplay etc. If I don't respond to a question you have in thread please send me a PM. These ping my email address and make it more likely that I will see your question and respond more quickly.

FYI. EA Games sold by Amazon will not activate on Steam.

Digital Holiday

1/5-1/12

The Walking Dead - $12.49 ($7.49 post coupon)

1/11-1/13:

Alice: Madness Returns: The Complete Collection - $11.99 pre coupon (6.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Dragon Age Pack PC - $12.99 pre-coupon ($7.99 after coupon) - not Steam

1/18-1/20:

Need for Speed: The Run - $8.99 ($3.99 after coupon) - not Steam
EA Sports Classic Pack - $8.99 ($3.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Syndicate - $9.99 ($4.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Crysis Maximum Maximum -$17.99 ($12.99 after coupon) - not Steam

1/13-1/19:

Tantalizing THQ Medley - $11.99 pre coupon ($6.99 after coupon) - Steam

1/11-1/12:

Darksiders Franchise Pack - $13.19 before coupon ($8.19 after coupon) - Steam
Saints Row The Third: The Full Package - $12.49 pre coupon ($7.49 after coupon) - Steam

1/29-1/31:

Burning Hot Bundle - $11.99 ($6.99 after coupon)

F.A.Q.S.:

1. Does the game I'm buying from Amazon Activate on Steam/Origin/Uplay? What DRM does the game use?

There are two places to identify DRM on a digital video game detail page:

At the top of the page, below the title:

16hm7a8.png

In the "Product Description" section:

r06ykl.jpg

2. Note on Electronic Arts Games - For the most part, EA games sold on Amazon do not activate on Steam. Most activate on Origin.

3. Note on DRM with limited activations:

Our Policy

4. Sometimes I'll do giveaways.

5. I work with developers and publishers to get fun (or at least what I think is fun) content to share with you all. Here are some examples:

a. Check out the Pax Gameplay videos here: Xcom: Enemy Unknown I played Xcom with Jake, the Creative Director for the game, a few months before the game came out Also, on this page, check out the Q&A, also a community driven event.

b. Check out the interview on this page: Borderlands 2 we did this interview at E3 with Randy Pitchford this year.

c. We've partnered with the ++GoodGames Podcast to feature many of the games we carry. They talk to the developers about the game development process, how the games are conceptualized and managed, all kinds of fun stuff. I'm working on putting together full link list and will update when I have it.

What else do we sell?

Xbox Live Points and Subscriptions:

1600 Microsoft Live Points
4000 Microsoft Live Points
12 Month XBOX Live Subscription
3 Month XBOX Live Subscription]
12 Month + 1 XBOX Live Subscription

PSN+ Subscriptions and PSN Points:

$20 PSN Points
$50 PSN Points
12 Month PSN+ Subscription
3 Month PSN+ Subscription

We also have a Free-2-Play store supported by our GameConnect technology. Gameconnect allows you to link your Amazon.com account with free-2-play and MMO accounts so that you can buy things like in game currency, premium game time/subscriptions, in game items, etc. on Amazon.com using your Amazon.com payment options and have this content delivered directly into your game.

To check out the Free-2-Play games we offer you can visit our storefront here:

Free-2-Play Store

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='MysterD']AC2 is the one of the first Ubi games to require Uplay.
If you install the game, UPlay should notice it...[/QUOTE]

So then will you be able to DL and play the entire game from the UPlay client?

I bought Battlestations Pacific for Steam a while back which requires GFWL but the actual game doesn't register to GFWL, I'm wondering if this will be similar.

Thanks

[quote name='LazyTriangle']Tony already said Dark Souls PTD would be on sale for $20 on November, no specific day was mentioned though but it is coming[/QUOTE]

Technically, he said "in a couple of weeks" and not November. Its ambiguous enough that he could post it on Oct 31st, although that's a long shot and Tony doesn't usually hide the ball like that.

[quote name='Needles-Kane']So then will you be able to DL and play the entire game from the UPlay client?

I bought Battlestations Pacific for Steam a while back which requires GFWL but the actual game doesn't register to GFWL, I'm wondering if this will be similar.

Thanks[/QUOTE]

My AC2 doesn't get detected by UPlay unless I launch it from Steam. I don't think Steam UBI games work outside of Steam.

[quote name='60fps']My AC2 doesn't get detected by UPlay unless I launch it from Steam. I don't think Steam UBI games work outside of Steam.[/QUOTE]

They don't in my experience.

The newer Ubi games require Uplay but AFAIK there is no way to register your key in the UPlay client to redownload from there like you can with Steam or Origin. I would imagine it's the same if you get them from Amazon or where ever.

I'm pretty sure if you ever need to re-download those games again it will have to happen from where ever you bought it from, at least at this point.

Tony,

Gamestop has a few games on sale and was wanting to see about a price match:

http://www.impulsedriven.com/explore/games/onsale/sort/price/order/asc/region-only

Some I'm interested in:
The Walking Dead: $14.99
Alien Vs Predator: $3.74
Metro 2033: $4.99
Alan Wake American Nightmare: $7.49
Dead Island GoTY: $9.99
Dark Souls: $26.76

Any chance? I hate buying game downloads from Gamestop because (like the titles above which all require Steam) you have to install their app before you can get the serial numbers to register. Thanks!

[quote name='jshackles']Tony,

Gamestop has a few games on sale and was wanting to see about a price match:

http://www.impulsedriven.com/explore/games/onsale/sort/price/order/asc/region-only

Some I'm interested in:
The Walking Dead: $14.99
Alien Vs Predator: $3.74
Metro 2033: $4.99
Alan Wake American Nightmare: $7.49
Dead Island GoTY: $9.99
Dark Souls: $26.76

Any chance? I hate buying game downloads from Gamestop because (like the titles above which all require Steam) you have to install their app before you can get the serial numbers to register. Thanks![/QUOTE]

So you know, Dark Souls PTD on Amazon DVG is going to hit $20 soon.
We don't know when, but it's coming...

I wound up buying a new video card which got me into that AMD game bundle deal. As a result, I have my unused Amazon Hitman: Absolution $5 credit available if someone plans on ordering the game.

Interested in Bioshock 1 and 2. Amazon reviews say there's alot of problems and it has Securom + Steam + Windows Live. Anyone on CAG have any experience with it recently??

[quote name='Naramie']Interested in Bioshock 1 and 2. Amazon reviews say there's alot of problems and it has Securom + Steam + Windows Live. Anyone on CAG have any experience with it recently??[/QUOTE]

I only ran into an issue with bioshock 1, and it had to do with resolution, I fixed it but can't remember how. But I have had no issues with drm.

[quote name='amazon dvg deals']fyi $20 dark souls starts sunday.

Cheers,
tony[/quote]

Woohoo!!! :)
I'm in...as long as y'all don't run out of keys 1st. :whistle2:X

[quote name='Naramie']Interested in Bioshock 1 and 2. Amazon reviews say there's alot of problems and it has Securom + Steam + Windows Live. Anyone on CAG have any experience with it recently??[/QUOTE]
I believe Securom was removed from the Steam versions of Bioshock with a patch. You might check the Steam forums for info.

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']FYI $20 Dark Souls Starts Sunday.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

Bought today, haven't opened yet though so will be taking it back! Thanks T

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

2 more rpg to the backlog! Dark Soul and KOA when the bundle go on sale. I really need to finish the Witcher 1 & 2 and Skyrim.

[quote name='Cofresi']2 more rpg to the backlog! Dark Soul and KOA when the bundle go on sale. I really need to finish the Witcher 1 & 2 and Skyrim.[/QUOTE]

There's NO WAY in HELL that Dark Souls is going to the back of the line for me.
FRONT of the line for me!
Been DYING to play that one for quite a while.

About Skyrim - that's the game I just can't shake from my system. I always end back to Skyrim. Don't have something I want to play? Skyrim will do the trick. When stuck in a game - go to Skyrim and play it for a short bit; then go back to the game that I was stuck in. Skyrim's just so got so many quests; has such a big, ridiculous scope; & us such an expansive game - it's a game I can go w/ for a short time period; or just let take up days, days, days, and days of my life.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

Hey Tony,

Are yall going to match Gamestops deals?

[quote name='Syntax Error']I wound up buying a new video card which got me into that AMD game bundle deal. As a result, I have my unused Amazon Hitman: Absolution $5 credit available if someone plans on ordering the game.[/QUOTE]

Do you mean this bundle ? :

neversettle1.jpg

:applause:

[quote name='MysterD']There's NO WAY in HELL that Dark Souls is going to the back of the line for me.
FRONT of the line for me!
Been DYING to play that one for quite a while.

About Skyrim - that's the game I just can't shake from my system. I always end back to Skyrim. Don't have something I want to play? Skyrim will do the trick. When stuck in a game - go to Skyrim and play it for a short bit; then go back to the game that I was stuck in. Skyrim's just so got so many quests; has such a big, ridiculous scope; & us such an expansive game - it's a game I can go w/ for a short time period; or just let take up days, days, days, and days of my life.[/QUOTE]

I was like that when i first got Skyrim, the only game i played for weeks,but i got burned. But definitely i need to get back and finish the game. The me is fun and the mods make it even better.

Dark Soul will probably jump to the front of my list, i love Demon Soul and the slow pace of the game.

[quote name='Cofresi']I was like that when i first got Skyrim, the only game i played for weeks,but i got burned. But definitely i need to get back and finish the game. The me is fun and the mods make it even better.[/quote]
Skyrim was definitely like that, in the beginning for me (last X-Mas) - obsessive. You get obsessed with it and can't shake it for hours, hours, hours, and hours. Eventually, you get burned-out and need a break. The game is NOT one you can just go through & play by itself for a long time - think of what happens, after you hit 50 hours without playing any other games; you want a break!

There's too much to do; too much to see; the world's too big. You need to go away for a bit; then you get back to it.
Then, you get the bug - it'll stick w/ you for a time period. Could be for 5 hours. Could be for 10 hours. Could be for another 20-30 hours.
But, then again - you'll need a break, once you hit that fill.

Skyrim's that game...that I always go back to. Still ain't finished Main Quest. Done LOTS of the Side Stuff, though. And I was actually playing Skyrim again earlier in the week (after beating NFS: The Run), until I started up Krater yesterday. I'll sure I'll get that bug and say, "Back to Skyrim".

Dark Soul will probably jump to the front of my list, i love Demon Soul and the slow pace of the game.
Dark Souls will be #1 on my list, when this Amazon DVG hits Sunday. Everything else will be shelves and backlogged for a while, I suspect.

Had to pick up the Bioshock pack. Have Bioshock 2 for the 360 but sold the original Bioshock a while back. That is one sale that I've been regretting ever since. Easily one of the better games I've ever played. Looking forward to taking it for another spin.

[quote name='Mooby']If Dark Souls is $20 during a Halloween sale then surely it will be $10 come Christmas... amirite?!?![/QUOTE]

Lol I hope so. the console versions are already $20. its looks like a must have so $20 is reasonable but I'm not ready to drop $20 for a game I'm not gonna play right away. only heard about it from glowing reviews on CAG

[quote name='MC Kage']Lol I hope so. the console versions are already $20. its looks like a must have so $20 is reasonable but I'm not ready to drop $20 for a game I'm not gonna play right away. only heard about it from glowing reviews on CAG[/QUOTE]

In all fairness while the console version is $20, you need to add another $15 I think if you want the extra content the Prepare To Die edition has.

[quote name='KaOTiK']In all fairness while the console version is $20, you need to add another $15 I think if you want the extra content the Prepare To Die edition has.[/QUOTE]

^^Yup

[quote name='KaOTiK']In all fairness while the console version is $20, you need to add another $15 I think if you want the extra content the Prepare To Die edition has.[/QUOTE]

Ah ok, that makes sense. Didn't think about that.

I just launched the Steam version of BioShock 2. First a SecuROM activation window popped up, and I had to enter the CD key shown in the Steam client. After the SecuROM activation finished, the game launched, and when it reached the main menu, a GFWL overlay popped up with a Live account login prompt. After logging in to my Live account, I had to enter the CD key again.

It all worked, so strictly in that sense there was no problem.

[quote name='11440']I just launched the Steam version of BioShock 2. First a SecuROM activation window popped up, and I had to enter the CD key shown in the Steam client. After the SecuROM activation finished, the game launched, and when it reached the main menu, a GFWL overlay popped up with a Live account login prompt. After logging in to my Live account, I had to enter the CD key again.

It all worked, so strictly in that sense there was no problem.[/QUOTE]

I think the games have unlimited securom activations (possibly inert for Bioshock 1), but Bioshock 2 uses the legacy version of GFWL so it probably has around 15 activations for that.

Hi Tony I just wanted to ask if Medal of Honor (2010) is going to be on sale really cheap sometime soon. I got an idea, it could cost $3 at Haloween sale as it was horrible :p
Joke aside, I would buy it.

[quote name='ochentay4']Hi Tony I just wanted to ask if Medal of Honor (2010) is going to be on sale really cheap sometime soon. I got an idea, it could cost $3 at Haloween sale as it was horrible :p
Joke aside, I would buy it.[/QUOTE]

Bah, MOH 2010 ain't that bad.
It's solid - but it's nothing truly innovative, amazing, or remarkable.

[quote name='MysterD']Bah, MOH 2010 ain't that bad.
It's solid - but it's nothing truly innovative, amazing, or remarkable.[/QUOTE]

I bought MOH 2010 from Amazon on November 20, 2011 for $4.95 (and another serial for a friend during the $5 credit promo so I got it for free :D). I just started playing the Single Player Campaign few days before MOH Warfighter release and it is actually pretty good. I love FPS games and MOH 2010 is really good as a FPS

I was checking my Amazon account and found out how to check for promo credit:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.ht...=301&pf_rd_p=1374395682&pf_rd_i=mp3 credit#gc

I have $23 there that I don't know what they are good for but I knew at least $5 is good towards any Digital Download but it wouldn't apply.
I contacted CS and they said that there was a technical issue and it is fixed now. When I tried it I was amazed that the whole $23 are good towards "any" Software or Digital Game Download :applause:

[quote name='r9800pro']I bought MOH 2010 from Amazon on November 20, 2011 for $4.95 (and another serial for a friend during the $5 credit promo so I got it for free :D). I just started playing the Single Player Campaign few days before MOH Warfighter release and it is actually pretty good. I love FPS games and MOH 2010 is really good as a FPS[/QUOTE]

Ya the single player campaign was pretty good.

So does Bioshock 1 and 2 both work on GFWL? And can you get the achievemets and everything? I was going to play through both again before Infinite releases anyways. Would be great if I could get 2000 more gamerscore while I'm at it.

[quote name='Wallshay']So does Bioshock 1 and 2 both work on GFWL? And can you get the achievemets and everything? I was going to play through both again before Infinite releases anyways. Would be great if I could get 2000 more gamerscore while I'm at it.[/QUOTE]

Bioshock 2 requires G4WL and has Achievements tied to it, yes.

Bioshock 1 does NOT utilize G4WL at all.

Does anybody know if Hitman: Absolution Professional Edition is a limited edition? That is to say, will I still be able to pick it up a year from now?

I bought the bundle with Burnout Paradise and NFS: Hot Pursuit, but the codes don't work on Steam? Am I missing something or do I need to contact Amazon?

[quote name='JTHuffy']I bought the bundle with Burnout Paradise and NFS: Hot Pursuit, but the codes don't work on Steam? Am I missing something or do I need to contact Amazon?[/QUOTE]
EA games use ORIGIN, not Steam.
They've been trying to push ORIGIN (formerly EADM) down our throats for YEARS.

Most recent EA games (since BF3) require ORIGIN and are NOT even available for sale via Steam - especially since DA2 and Crysis 2 (original vanilla edition) got kicked off Steam b/c they were having DLC not being sold via Steam.
You'll have those few rare instances, such as when a EA Partners member (i.e. Crytek, the now gone 38 Studios) has some leverage in how a game can be digitally delivered & might sell a Steam Version ONLY through Steam directly.
Hence how Crysis 2 wound back up Steam w/ all DLC in Crysis 2: Maximum, yet DA2 DLC is still not on Steam b/c it still has DLC sold only via BioWare Store or Origin.

EDIT:
Some of the more recent keys of EA games that you could purchase directly through Steam, those might activate up on Origin, BTW.
I actually have DAO: Ultimate and Burnout Paradise from Steam - and those keys activated up NO PROBLEM via Origin.

I got it with the Deep Sea bundle last month, I've been playing BioShock 1 and had no problems, some resolution issues but I attribute it to the port and me messing around with setting. Its fine if you just run it, I've been using a 360 controller as well and its been smooth. But no issues concerning Steam.

There's no Windows Live/Securom with BioShock 1 I believe but BioShock 2 has GFWL/SCRM, but I haven't run into any issues concerning the aforementioned measures.

Also I still have a Hitman: Absolution $5 off pre-order code if anyone wants it. PM

[quote name='MC Kage']I got it with the Deep Sea bundle last month, I've been playing BioShock 1 and had no problems, some resolution issues but I attribute it to the port and me messing around with setting. Its fine if you just run it, I've been using a 360 controller as well and its been smooth. But no issues concerning Steam.

There's no Windows Live/Securom with BioShock 1 I believe but BioShock 2 has GFWL/SCRM, but I haven't run into any issues concerning the aforementioned measures.

Also I still have a Hitman: Absolution $5 off pre-order code if anyone wants it. PM[/QUOTE]

For Bioshock 1, you are referring to the Steam version right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back