Amazon PCDD $12.49 Walking Dead ($7.49 after coupon)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amazon DVG Deals

Official Representative
Feedback
4 (100%)
Hi CAGs,

I'll be posting deals we're running on Digital Games (PC/Mac, Free to Play, Sony/Microsoft Points/Subs).

I'm also here to answer questions you might have, get you closer to the developers by hosting Q&As, setting up podcasts, live streaming gameplay etc. If I don't respond to a question you have in thread please send me a PM. These ping my email address and make it more likely that I will see your question and respond more quickly.

FYI. EA Games sold by Amazon will not activate on Steam.

Digital Holiday

1/5-1/12

The Walking Dead - $12.49 ($7.49 post coupon)

1/11-1/13:

Alice: Madness Returns: The Complete Collection - $11.99 pre coupon (6.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Dragon Age Pack PC - $12.99 pre-coupon ($7.99 after coupon) - not Steam

1/18-1/20:

Need for Speed: The Run - $8.99 ($3.99 after coupon) - not Steam
EA Sports Classic Pack - $8.99 ($3.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Syndicate - $9.99 ($4.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Crysis Maximum Maximum -$17.99 ($12.99 after coupon) - not Steam

1/13-1/19:

Tantalizing THQ Medley - $11.99 pre coupon ($6.99 after coupon) - Steam

1/11-1/12:

Darksiders Franchise Pack - $13.19 before coupon ($8.19 after coupon) - Steam
Saints Row The Third: The Full Package - $12.49 pre coupon ($7.49 after coupon) - Steam

1/29-1/31:

Burning Hot Bundle - $11.99 ($6.99 after coupon)

F.A.Q.S.:

1. Does the game I'm buying from Amazon Activate on Steam/Origin/Uplay? What DRM does the game use?

There are two places to identify DRM on a digital video game detail page:

At the top of the page, below the title:

16hm7a8.png

In the "Product Description" section:

r06ykl.jpg

2. Note on Electronic Arts Games - For the most part, EA games sold on Amazon do not activate on Steam. Most activate on Origin.

3. Note on DRM with limited activations:

Our Policy

4. Sometimes I'll do giveaways.

5. I work with developers and publishers to get fun (or at least what I think is fun) content to share with you all. Here are some examples:

a. Check out the Pax Gameplay videos here: Xcom: Enemy Unknown I played Xcom with Jake, the Creative Director for the game, a few months before the game came out Also, on this page, check out the Q&A, also a community driven event.

b. Check out the interview on this page: Borderlands 2 we did this interview at E3 with Randy Pitchford this year.

c. We've partnered with the ++GoodGames Podcast to feature many of the games we carry. They talk to the developers about the game development process, how the games are conceptualized and managed, all kinds of fun stuff. I'm working on putting together full link list and will update when I have it.

What else do we sell?

Xbox Live Points and Subscriptions:

1600 Microsoft Live Points
4000 Microsoft Live Points
12 Month XBOX Live Subscription
3 Month XBOX Live Subscription]
12 Month + 1 XBOX Live Subscription

PSN+ Subscriptions and PSN Points:

$20 PSN Points
$50 PSN Points
12 Month PSN+ Subscription
3 Month PSN+ Subscription

We also have a Free-2-Play store supported by our GameConnect technology. Gameconnect allows you to link your Amazon.com account with free-2-play and MMO accounts so that you can buy things like in game currency, premium game time/subscriptions, in game items, etc. on Amazon.com using your Amazon.com payment options and have this content delivered directly into your game.

To check out the Free-2-Play games we offer you can visit our storefront here:

Free-2-Play Store

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Cofresi']If I'm correct Dark Soul is not a direct sequel of Demons Soul, so i guess you can skip it, but personally i recommend to give it try, the game is a little slow and can be difficulty if you try to rush, but is a good game.[/QUOTE]

I'd love to see Tony convince Namco-Bandai to bring Demon's Souls to the PC...
...if any sort of PS3 Exclusivity rights ever did DIE.

[quote name='nategator']Is that always the case for future reference? Every PC/Mac game offered by Amazon is automatically available on Mac if it's Steam?

I'm not a Mac guy but the question of whether a deal will cover the Mac version sometimes comes up and I have no clue.[/QUOTE]

Not necessarily.

If Amazon is selling the Steam version, you can check the Steam store page for the game and see if it lists SteamPlay. SteamPlay means that the game can be played across both Windows and Mac with one purchase.

If it does not state that it uses SteamPlay, then the game cannot be played across both Windows and Mac with one purchase (or is not available for Mac - more often the case). However, sometimes SteamPlay functionality is added at a later time for a game you have already purchased.

[quote name='LocarionStorm']Not necessarily.

If Amazon is selling the Steam version, you can check the Steam store page for the game and see if it lists SteamPlay. SteamPlay means that the game can be played across both Windows and Mac with one purchase.

If it does not state that it uses SteamPlay, then the game cannot be played across both Windows and Mac with one purchase (or is not available for Mac - more often the case). However, sometimes SteamPlay functionality is added at a later time for a game you have already purchased.[/QUOTE]

Got it. So if I said, "SteamPlay activation so it should be playable on the Mac" that would be accurate?

Also, Tony, do you generally correlate your PC / Mac prices when you offer a title on Steam with SteamPlay?

[quote name='LocarionStorm']Not necessarily.

If it does not state that it uses SteamPlay, then the game cannot be played across both Windows and Mac with one purchase (or is not available for Mac - more often the case). However, sometimes SteamPlay functionality is added at a later time for a game you have already purchased.[/QUOTE]

Deus Ex: Human Revolution, for example, is a game that requires Steam to play on Windows, but doesn't have a mac version via steam, even though it has been ported to Mac, and can be bought for mac.

I think it often comes down to who did the Mac port. If the original dev did it it often ends up SteamPlay and it can be played on Mac or PC, but if they gave it to a company like Aspyr to do the port work, that company wants their cut of the revenue and sells it separately, hence no SteamPlay.

[quote name='nategator']Is that always the case for future reference? Every PC/Mac game offered by Amazon is automatically available on Mac if it's Steam?

I'm not a Mac guy but the question of whether a deal will cover the Mac version sometimes comes up and I have no clue.[/QUOTE]

Depends on if the game has the STEAMPLAY logo & features listed on its Steam Page.

That STEAMPLAY logo one game having both Windows & Mac support looks like this:
platform_steamplay.png

Yes, The Walking Dead: Steam Version support STEAMPLAY.

[quote name='MysterD']I'd love to see Tony convince Namco-Bandai to bring Demon's Souls to the PC...
...if any sort of PS3 Exclusivity rights ever did DIE.[/QUOTE]

The problem is they have different publisher, Demon's soul publisher is Atlus, but a bundle of Demon's and Dark souls could be nice, The Souls bundle or something like that jajajaja

Just read up on the gaf stuff and all I can do is laugh. Are the ban notices always so curt and paranoid-sounding? "Wake up sheeple, the pr agenda has started, but I will protect you with my banhammer." For a community that considers itself a notch above the rest (and I generally agree), the mods seem to have no faith in its ability to self-police itself, in regards to advertising. This is especially amusing to me given today's hilarious spat about "game journalism", integrity, and advertisments. Maybe this is the cag in me speaking, but I'll always appreciate an entity that employs a spokesperson that is helpful and engages with a community on a personal level. RIP Kmartgamer Josh and Stockboy.

[quote name='Cofresi']The problem is they have different publisher, Demon's soul publisher is Atlus, but a bundle of Demon's and Dark souls could be nice, The Souls bundle or something like that jajajaja[/QUOTE]

more complicated than that, Sony is the actual owner of the Demon's Souls IP

SCEA passed on publishing it so SCEJ licensed it out to Atlus

[quote name='nategator']Got it. So if I said, "SteamPlay activation so it should be playable on the Mac" that would be accurate?[/QUOTE]

At this point in time yes. Just look for that SteamPlay logo that MysterD posted.

Looking for the logo and the Mac logo is the best because soon enough, as Linux support comes to Steam, there may be SteamPlay using up to 3 logos. (Though I doubt there will be many games PC + Linux support and no Mac support.) :D

[quote name='LocarionStorm']At this point in time yes. Just look for that SteamPlay logo that MysterD posted.

Looking for the logo and the Mac logo is the best because soon enough, as Linux support comes to Steam, there may be SteamPlay using up to 3 logos. (Though I doubt there will be many games PC + Linux support and no Mac support.) :D[/QUOTE]

Personally, if Windows 8 does tank and PC gamers get fed up 100% w/ Windows and leave it, I'd expect more Linux support - especially if Gabe leads that front and everybody follow.
The problem people have w/ Win 8 is the same fears most have about Apple systems - the OS-owner making it a not-so-open platform.
The only other thing I think might happen - Win 7 basically becomes the NEW Win XP where it takes quite a LONG time for Windows gamers, publishers, developers, and distributors to actually let go of.

EDIT:
You know what would be interesting, if Win 8 tanks and Linux takes over?
To see OpenAL and OpenGL's true rebirth.

[quote name='MysterD']Personally, if Windows 8 does tank and PC gamers get fed up 100% w/ Windows and leave it, I'd expect more Linux support - especially if Gabe leads that front and everybody follow.
The problem people have w/ Win 8 is the same fears most have about Apple systems - the OS-owner making it a not-so-open platform.
The only other thing I think might happen - Win 7 basically becomes the NEW Win XP where it takes quite a LONG time for Windows gamers, publishers, developers, and distributors to actually let go of.

EDIT:
You know what would be interesting, if Win 8 tanks and Linux takes over?
To see OpenAL and OpenGL's true rebirth.[/QUOTE]

As the majority of the smartphones are Linux-kernal-based and the majority of servers are run with Linux, I think anything is possible. Personally, I would love to see a future where the Microsoft tax was optional but you could still play AAA games.

[quote name='Meringue']Tony doesn't fit in at the type of site GAF is, which is a rather impartial news aggregate. They purposefully dropped the whole community style of posting years ago, which is why it may seem very swift and brutal.

Not really going to argue about the outcome one way or another, but this may just be for the best. Tony doesn't have to walk on eggshells here.[/QUOTE]

He certainly had a ton of fans over there that he won over with his general demeanor, candor, helpfulness, and wonderful deal info. Please note that the majority of users over there are vocalizing how much he will be missed, even if they are trying to go along with and understand the official line behind his banning.

You will be missed, Tony. I sure hope you don't take what happened personally.

[quote name='nategator']As the majority of the smartphones are Linux-kernal-based and the majority of servers are run with Linux, I think anything is possible. Personally, I would love to see a future where the Microsoft tax was optional but you could still play AAA games.[/QUOTE]

All I know is if Win 8 craps out and then everybody abandons Windows for good, it's going to be VERY interesting. So many things could happen, like you said....

Though, if everybody decides to ignore Win 8 and everybody sticks w/ Win 7, that'd be cool too. I love Win 7. :D It's just....it'd be kinda funny if Microsoft gets another chance to not screw up their OS (like Win ME and Win Vista) and upset their ENTIRE fanbase so badly. Be funny to see where they'd take Win 9, if they do get another chance AGAIN.

Honestly - I think Win 8 would be fine if they kept the platform as OPEN as it's been to EVERYBODY (dev's, publishers, distributors, etc) AND allowed users to switch on-the-fly b/t tablet-style Metro UI and Win-7 style Start Menu Mode.
See - then everybody would be happy. :D

EDIT:
Since Microsoft hasn't really treated PC gamers so great over the years (since the rise of the XBox) -- i.e. see G4WL's (lack of) support, especially when compared to Steam or even Origin - I could see Win 8 flopping being the straw breaking the camel's back (for Windows' power users and PC gamers).

I use to use gaf quite a bit and still do from time to time but always had this feeling of one sidedness from that site. It was like that everyone was forced to have a similar opinion about a subject or they would get banned. The mods do a pretty good job of policing and controlling what people type.

If I wrote something like this there I would probably get banned.

Anything on the Doctor Who pack / 2K13 info Tony? Any info would be appreciated

& Happy birthday MysterD if you didn't see it on the last page lol.

[quote name='MC Kage']Anything on the Doctor Who pack / 2K13 info Tony? Any info would be appreciated

& Happy birthday MysterD if you didn't see it on the last page lol.[/QUOTE]

He said he's hoping for tomorrow on the Doctor Who pack, but definitely in the next week or two, I think.

It's in the last couple pages somewhere.

[quote name='MC Kage']Anything on the Doctor Who pack / 2K13 info Tony? Any info would be appreciated

He said no info on 2K13. 2K has been awful with this PC release.

[quote name='Eldredpe']He said he's hoping for tomorrow on the Doctor Who pack, but definitely in the next week or two, I think.

It's in the last couple pages somewhere.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I didn't want to Ctrl+F every page so I was just looking for it, only saw this GAF issue n like 5 different games come up and deals etc., was like forget it I'll ask lol. thanks man, & LazyTri

kaydigi - 2K stays awful with their PC releases. I'm dying to play it.

[quote name='MysterD']PLZ, leak out more info on the Halloween Sale! ;)

I don't care if you drop hints or tell us exactly one at a time by the few hours or by the day; or just let it all out at once! :p

I turned 32 TODAY by the way!!!
You're already got my (late) birthday present (Dark Souls: PTD Ed) on sale for $20 starting this Sunday!!! :p

EDIT:
I already own Dead Space 1 & 2 - and I just want to say that both game's Single Player Campaigns are AWESOME and everybody who missed out should be ALL over this deal once it drops!! :D[/QUOTE]

Happy Birthdayyy! Mines was just past on Oct 24th :D

[quote name='Eldredpe']
He didn't really purport to be a forum expert, quite the opposite, actually. More akin to a fresh set of eyes.[/QUOTE]

Fresh set of eyes that isn't completely inexperienced with online forums, yes.

I thought it was obvious why I cited my limited exposure to both forums, and it seems that point was at least somewhat comprehensible.

[quote name='gilby']Fresh set of eyes that isn't completely inexperienced with online forums, yes.

I thought it was obvious why I cited my limited exposure to both forums, but perhaps Renewman missing that is due to another non-shared inability.[/QUOTE]

No, you basically said, "Well I have limited experience with both forums but because I'm such a well versed forum goer I can't possibly understand why NeoGAF are so full of themselves."

Of course, keep trying to play the role of the "neutral" party when your first reply ( ninja edited mind you to hide your bias) told me everything I need to know and to not listen to anything you have to say. Keep it up though, sport. You're doing a bangup job. Now can we get back to thread at hand champ?

Edit: Haha. Another ninja edited post. You're batting .1000 right now.

I must've missed it - sorry!
And thanks, man! :D

[quote name='Renewman']No, you basically said, "Well I have limited experience with both forums but because I'm such a well versed forum goer I can't possibly understand why NeoGAF are so full of themselves."

Of course, keep trying to play the role of the "neutral" party when your first reply ( ninja edited mind you to hide your bias) told me everything I need to know and to not listen to anything you have to say. Keep it up though, sport. You're doing a bangup job. Now can we get back to thread at hand champ?

Edit: Haha. Another ninja edited post. You're batting .1000 right now.[/QUOTE]

Take the lead.

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']That guy went on my ignore list first :)

I think his name reflects he can't let things go/die.[/QUOTE]

I always forget that button exists.

First time I've ever used it.

EDIT:

Also, Happy Birthday to everyone. Just, all of you. You all have birthdays sometime, right?

I hope they go great.

I'll swing by this time next year to say it again, too!

[quote name='eldredpe']
edit:

Also, happy birthday to everyone. Just, all of you. You all have birthdays sometime, right?

I hope they go great.

I'll swing by this time next year to say it again, too![/quote]

Thanks! :D

[quote name='MysterD']I must've missed it - sorry!
And thanks, man! :D[/QUOTE]

All good, jus had to say it since your always helping out. Hope it was a good one

HBD too Papytendo!

[quote name='MysterD']Thanks!! :D

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, Papytendo!!! :D
^5 to October 25th!!![/QUOTE]
OH YES. ^5
[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']No I have to update the OP! /sarcasm :) Happy BDAY!
[/QUOTE]
Thanks!

[quote name='MC Kage']
HBD too Papytendo![/QUOTE]
Thanks as well!

[quote name='MC Kage']All good, jus had to say it since your always helping out. Hope it was a good one
[/QUOTE]
Yeah, it was a decent B-Day today and a decent Vacation Week, thanks. :D

Whew... what a lot of drama to wade through!

I'm all over that Dark Souls deal. Tony, you hit the sweet spot on price and your timing on the deal appears to be impeccable!

[quote name='hal']Whew... what a lot of drama to wade through!
[/QUOTE]

I mean, yes, it was, but we seemed to all get it out of our systems in about 3 hours over a half-dozen pages. I think that's fairly reasonable as far as forum drama goes.

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']That guy went on my ignore list first :)

I think his name reflects he can't let things go/die.[/QUOTE]
Seems to be the best response to the Rapid Damage Control Spin Crew :lol:

Happy B-Day to MysterD and Papytendo!

I've been also banned from a famous hardware forum in my region 2 years ago because I had some "connections" with AMD
and some of the mods there were jerks, arrogant (and greedy bastards as most people including members there found out lately and it was a scandal lol ) :D

It is indeed their loss Tony. People who liked you there will follow you anywhere :)

Happy bday MysterD! To everyone who ignored me, that's pretty pathetic but whatever. Guess people like to put their fingers in their ears when they don't like what they hear.

[quote name='UW_Shocks']Happy Bday everyone! To join in on the festivities, mine too was only a few days ago!

Nice to see a lot of fellow October Babies in here :D[/QUOTE]

Thanks!
And happy belated birthday to you! :D

Go OCTOBER B-DAYS!!! :D

[quote name='tjs09']Happy Birthday MysterD and Papytendo!

Happy Belated Birthday Atlantik00 and UW-Shocks![/QUOTE]
Thanks!! :D

[quote name='Renewman']Happy bday MysterD! [/QUOTE]
And thanks! :D

Tony, bro, I know I've gotta be bugging you at this point, but have you heard anything about NBA2k13? It's supposed to drop next week but haven't heard anything about it from you or anywhere else

[quote name='vince_carter']Tony, bro, I know I've gotta be bugging you at this point, but have you heard anything about NBA2k13? It's supposed to drop next week but haven't heard anything about it from you or anywhere else[/QUOTE]

as far i know next week is still on. no word otherwise yet.

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='Renewman']
Edit: Haha. Another ninja edited post. You're batting .1000 right now.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, you're right. Rather than looking at my posts after making them and deciding I really need to be a touch more civil, I should just delete them as arguing with a troll is really not very useful, and it rather clogs the thread.

Hi, I just joined in to say thanks to Tony for putting up awesome deals on amazon and to the other people over here for keeping everyone informed about there statuses :D

Was able to grab a square enix pack for me and a friend when it first came out.
Still have the Hitman Abs credit back codes so thought I might share them over here.

Please do post back if you used them so I can remove them
[FONT=verdana,arial,helvetica][SIZE=-1]9VUK-J78U2U-WVXL68
[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=verdana,arial,helvetica][SIZE=-1][FONT=verdana,arial,helvetica][SIZE=-1]9VX3-4B8EW5-EEJZQW

[SIZE=-1]Also a very Happy Birthday to everyone who is celebrating! [/SIZE]
[/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT]

[quote name='MADNESSSsss']
[SIZE=-1]Also a very Happy Birthday to everyone who is celebrating! [/SIZE]
[/QUOTE]

Thanks!!! :D
It was a decent 32nd B-day yesterday and been a good Vacation Week so far!

[quote name='Renewman']Happy bday MysterD! To everyone who ignored me, that's pretty pathetic but whatever. Guess people like to put their fingers in their ears when they don't like what they hear.[/QUOTE]

No less than 4 people have asked you to let it go. Two of them have even offered to argue with people like you privately to spare us the useless discussion, yet you keep bringing it up. We were past this discussion a couple pages ago, ffs. At this point you're beating a dead horse with another dead horse.

So how can you bitch about being ignored when you're posting things we don't want to hear, don't add to the discussion, and have all been said before?

[quote name='MysterD']Thanks!!! :D
It was a decent 32nd B-day yesterday and been a good Vacation Week so far![/QUOTE]

Can't trust anyone over 30. Dems dah rulez, brah!

:roll:

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back