Amazon PCDD $12.49 Walking Dead ($7.49 after coupon)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amazon DVG Deals

Official Representative
Feedback
4 (100%)
Hi CAGs,

I'll be posting deals we're running on Digital Games (PC/Mac, Free to Play, Sony/Microsoft Points/Subs).

I'm also here to answer questions you might have, get you closer to the developers by hosting Q&As, setting up podcasts, live streaming gameplay etc. If I don't respond to a question you have in thread please send me a PM. These ping my email address and make it more likely that I will see your question and respond more quickly.

FYI. EA Games sold by Amazon will not activate on Steam.

Digital Holiday

1/5-1/12

The Walking Dead - $12.49 ($7.49 post coupon)

1/11-1/13:

Alice: Madness Returns: The Complete Collection - $11.99 pre coupon (6.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Dragon Age Pack PC - $12.99 pre-coupon ($7.99 after coupon) - not Steam

1/18-1/20:

Need for Speed: The Run - $8.99 ($3.99 after coupon) - not Steam
EA Sports Classic Pack - $8.99 ($3.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Syndicate - $9.99 ($4.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Crysis Maximum Maximum -$17.99 ($12.99 after coupon) - not Steam

1/13-1/19:

Tantalizing THQ Medley - $11.99 pre coupon ($6.99 after coupon) - Steam

1/11-1/12:

Darksiders Franchise Pack - $13.19 before coupon ($8.19 after coupon) - Steam
Saints Row The Third: The Full Package - $12.49 pre coupon ($7.49 after coupon) - Steam

1/29-1/31:

Burning Hot Bundle - $11.99 ($6.99 after coupon)

F.A.Q.S.:

1. Does the game I'm buying from Amazon Activate on Steam/Origin/Uplay? What DRM does the game use?

There are two places to identify DRM on a digital video game detail page:

At the top of the page, below the title:

16hm7a8.png

In the "Product Description" section:

r06ykl.jpg

2. Note on Electronic Arts Games - For the most part, EA games sold on Amazon do not activate on Steam. Most activate on Origin.

3. Note on DRM with limited activations:

Our Policy

4. Sometimes I'll do giveaways.

5. I work with developers and publishers to get fun (or at least what I think is fun) content to share with you all. Here are some examples:

a. Check out the Pax Gameplay videos here: Xcom: Enemy Unknown I played Xcom with Jake, the Creative Director for the game, a few months before the game came out Also, on this page, check out the Q&A, also a community driven event.

b. Check out the interview on this page: Borderlands 2 we did this interview at E3 with Randy Pitchford this year.

c. We've partnered with the ++GoodGames Podcast to feature many of the games we carry. They talk to the developers about the game development process, how the games are conceptualized and managed, all kinds of fun stuff. I'm working on putting together full link list and will update when I have it.

What else do we sell?

Xbox Live Points and Subscriptions:

1600 Microsoft Live Points
4000 Microsoft Live Points
12 Month XBOX Live Subscription
3 Month XBOX Live Subscription]
12 Month + 1 XBOX Live Subscription

PSN+ Subscriptions and PSN Points:

$20 PSN Points
$50 PSN Points
12 Month PSN+ Subscription
3 Month PSN+ Subscription

We also have a Free-2-Play store supported by our GameConnect technology. Gameconnect allows you to link your Amazon.com account with free-2-play and MMO accounts so that you can buy things like in game currency, premium game time/subscriptions, in game items, etc. on Amazon.com using your Amazon.com payment options and have this content delivered directly into your game.

To check out the Free-2-Play games we offer you can visit our storefront here:

Free-2-Play Store

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Idiotekque']Awesome! I've been waiting for a deal on the Doctor Who games. My mom is a massive fan, so she'll be happy. :)[/QUOTE]

Um, it's live. Unless I just spent $100.

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']FYI guys,

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B009YKGTIY - will be $5 very soon, like an hour at the longest. Go nuts!

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

Heck yeah! I was just catching up on the thread, hoping I hadn't missed this bundle (vacation travel and family time tends to wreak havoc on the ability to keep up with gaming, don'cha know.)

Hopefully I can tweak the Doctor Who games to a low enough graphic setting to run on my HTPC. My wife will flip out if she sees me playing this thing on our 42" TV. :cool:

[quote name='Seraphym']Y'all laugh all ya want about Clueless/Mean Girls, but nobody better talk bad about one of Mr. Hughes' greatest flicks :shame:
[/QUOTE]

WHAAA?? There's an Uncle Buck game in this bundle??!?!? ;)

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']This bundle was born out of a request for a sale on the Dr. Who games.

I put the rest of the games in there because...why not?

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

Awesome I have been patiently waiting for this to go live all week, Thanks for the great deal on the Doctor Who bundle, downloading episode 1 now

Bought the Legacy Bundle. Time to play some Murder She Wrote with the nude mod I found :applause:

just playing, it's a dominatrix mod

Aw yeah! Tony, you've been giving us some awesome deals lately! Picked up the bundle today. GOING TO PLAY CLUELESS ALL NIGHT!!!

[quote name='mnemnoch']This tweet is so confusing. There is no VC in pc version.[/QUOTE]

Wow. 2K stays shafting the PC version. At least we can try out all the mods

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']This bundle was born out of a request for a sale on the Dr. Who games.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

Thanks Tony, that's precisely the kind of attitude that makes you great, man! Most would've stopped on the Dr Who 5 game bundle., but you had to go the extra mile

And I just purchased it :)

Lmao I just got trolled hard by Amazon; got an email saying 2K13 is ready for download/key available.

Get excited. No key or download lol.

[quote name='MC Kage']Wow. 2K stays shafting the PC version. At least we can try out all the mods[/QUOTE]

Have I mentioned that the replay and highlight mode is broken too?

Gameplay wise its great, but the rest... :cold:

But dont worry! Maybe they will fix it with a patch

in march!

[quote name='mnemnoch']Have I mentioned that the replay and highlight mode is broken too?

Gameplay wise its great, but the rest... :cold:

But dont worry! Maybe they will fix it with a patch

in march![/QUOTE]

Most likely solvable at http://www.nba-live.com/

Hopefully there's an Ultimate Base Roster for 2K13.

[quote name='moneysaver']Anyone else get an email saying 2K13 is ready for download..yet it wasn't?[/QUOTE]

Yup that's what I was just talking about. Shits a tease

I know it says release at 12PM PST - but its wrong to send out the email at 12PM EST lol.

(GMG also has a pretty good deal on 2K13 right now...)

[quote name='G_freemanX']Hey, Hitman: Absolution from Amazon is it going to be for STEAM?[/QUOTE]

All Hitman: Absolution copies are Steam. It's Square Enix. Along with THQ and 2K they've gone over primarily to releasing their PC games with Steamworks and required Steam activation.

[quote name='moneysaver']Anyone else get an email saying 2K13 is ready for download..yet it wasn't?[/QUOTE]

Yep. Booted up the cpu for nothing. Then got angry n tried to cancel the order. Neither option worked.

2K13 is now live! edit: ok so the key was finally available, put it into Steam, get the following:

Steam - Game locked

NBA 2K13 has not been officially released, and cannot be unlocked at this time.
Please check the Steam news to find out the release time.
Steam will notify you when the game becomes unlocked.

See more about NBA 2K13 (nothing comes up)
In my library now, just says "NBA 2K13 is coming soon." in the description.

Back to writing my paper I guess.

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']I haven't played DS series yet to have a strong opinion on it, but one of the "scary" games I really enjoyed back in the day was The Suffering.

Loved that game. Ties That Bind wasn't as good for a sequel, but still enjoyed that series. If anyone has those in the backlog they should give them a go.

Just checked and bought it too! House MD here I come![/QUOTE]

The Suffering is in my top 5 scary games, so awesome! I was disappointed with Ties but I don't think I gave it a fair shot, I should go back to it. Would love DRM free versions on Amazon.

[quote name='The End']Since Tony is around at the moment....BUMP

Though I have learned since originally posting this that Gamestop is also getting the Sniper Challenge. So it's not Steam exclusive. Just need to know if everybody is getting it.[/QUOTE]

From what I understand the Sniper Challenge Preorder game is exclusive to GameStop and Steam in the USA. Outside of the country there are more options. I really hate vendor specific dlc. Most of the time I let it slide as its minor but this is an entirely separate game and it is supposed to be decent fun albeit short. You can unlock some bonuses in absolution with it as well.

[quote name='MC Kage']2K13 is now live! edit: ok so the key was finally available, put it into Steam, get the following:

In my library now, just says "NBA 2K13 is coming soon." in the description.

Back to writing my paper I guess.[/QUOTE]

Rumors it will be unlocked when the Daily Deal changes.

Hey there,

I'll check on NBA right now. As for the Hitman Sniper challenge, that is a Gamestop/Steam thing, our thing is the Pistol Pack and Costume I linked to earlier.

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='Genocidal']Hey Tony,

I see that you guys sell the physical Guild Wars 2 gem cards, is there any chance you'll be getting a digital version of these in the future? I'd rather buy through Amazon since you guys already have my card info and I can get a digital code instantly. Thanks![/QUOTE]

Probably got lost since I posted on a Sunday. Best Buy sells them, if that would help you pitch to NCsoft/ArenaNet :)

I have the normal version of Hitman pre ordered but now that the Professional edition is only 4 dollars more, is it possible to change my pre order to that version without messing up the $5 off coupon from the Square pack that I already have applied? Or is it as easy as canceling and re ordering?

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

I'm guessing it's because you wanted to increase the userbase for Pretty in Pink and Clueless.

I actually wouldn't mind if there were a way to gift the non-DW games or the ones I already have (which is all of them except The Gunpowder Plot) to other folks, but this is a fantastic deal for all of the Doctor Who adventure games (unless you live in Britain, where they're free).

Thanks, Tony! Do you know how long this will be active?

[quote name='elessar123']:cry:

crash.png
[/QUOTE]

We just got a note about this. I pulled the bundle while the OPS team fixes it. ETA on bundle returning: 2-3 hours.

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='kaydigi']Tony is there a customer service survey we can fill out to give a big thumbs up with your bosses?[/QUOTE]

Lol I don't think that exists :). You guys make this fun.

[quote name='warreni']I'm guessing it's because you wanted to increase the userbase for Pretty in Pink and Clueless.

I actually wouldn't mind if there were a way to gift the non-DW games or the ones I already have (which is all of them except The Gunpowder Plot) to other folks, but this is a fantastic deal for all of the Doctor Who adventure games (unless you live in Britain, where they're free).

Thanks, Tony! Do you know how long this will be active?[/QUOTE]

Just had to pull it for a few hours while we fix one of the Dr. Who builds, no set end date yet, going to judge performance and determine end date.

Cheers,
Tony

I'm still unable to play NBA2k13 via Steam. The game shows up in my library and when I attempt to play the game, it keeps telling me the files are corrupt. Despite several attempts to reinstall, I continue to receive the same message. Any news on this?

Here's a Hitman Absolution $5 off promo code: 9VRQ-BXTSG6-2P7768

Thanks for your purchase from Amazon.com. Your purchase entitles you to $5.00 off the upcoming Hitman Absolution. To redeem your credit simply visit: http://www.amazon.com/Square-Enix-41017-Absolution3-Hitman/dp/B007VFHIHA/ Click "Pre-order PC Download" and input this code into the "Gift Codes and Promotions" box then click "Apply". The discount will then be applied to your purchase. Thanks for shopping with Amazon.com and we look forward to seeing you again soon.
The promotion code must be used by November 20, 2012. This offer is subject to Terms and Conditions.
Thanks again for shopping with us.
Amazon.com
Earth's Biggest Selection

[quote name='nastyislegend']I'm still unable to play NBA2k13 via Steam. The game shows up in my library and when I attempt to play the game, it keeps telling me the files are corrupt. Despite several attempts to reinstall, I continue to receive the same message. Any news on this?[/QUOTE]

I got the same message when Xcom release, have you try to verify the game cache? if not, try it.

if my memory not fail me that how i manage to get xcom working.

[quote name='Cofresi']I got the same message when Xcom release, have you try to verify the game cache? if not, try it.

if my memory not fail me that how i manage to get xcom working.[/QUOTE]

I tried that and it did not fix the problem. However, I thank you for your attempted assistance :).

[quote name='nastyislegend']I'm still unable to play NBA2k13 via Steam. The game shows up in my library and when I attempt to play the game, it keeps telling me the files are corrupt. Despite several attempts to reinstall, I continue to receive the same message. Any news on this?[/QUOTE]

Had the same error.

Restart steam. Delete the local game files (i did this manually). Try to re-download. That worked for me.

Downloading now.

[quote name='nastyislegend']I tried that and it did not fix the problem. However, I thank you for your attempted assistance :).[/QUOTE]

Hmm weird. This sounds like a Steam issue and not an Amazon one. It sounds like the game is installed and Steam is recognizing it. Is anyone else having this issue? I'm happy to assist but I'm unsure what exactly we can do to rectify the situation.

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='VooDoo88']Had the same error.

Restart steam. Delete the local game files (i did this manually). Try to re-download. That worked for me.

Downloading now.[/QUOTE]

I've deleted the local game files after trying to install several times unsuccessfully. However, I did not restart Steam. Upon doing so, the game starting installing correctly. Thanks for the help. To anyone else having the problem, make sure to restart Steam before attempting to install.

[quote name='aronater']Yeah, me too. If there were a S.T.A.L.K.E.R. bundle for say... $10, I would definitely go for it. Would be able to convince myself that I'm spending $5 each on SoC and CoP, and getting Clear Sky as a bonus. Can't bring myself to buy Clear Sky by itself. Too many bugs (or so I've heard).[/QUOTE] Hey Tony, what do you think; any chance of this happening? Or are my dreams doomed to die a slow, painful death? :pray:

Hey Tony, any chance to PM Steam's Halloween sale stuff ?
Looking at Prototype, they got it for $4.99.

Also, is there a ETA on a fix for Amazon's downloader, so it asks you where it wants to save the file ? It has been many months, and it still defaults to C: drive, if it detects there is some free space for the game, BUT, it fails if you don't have enough room for game + install, forcing you to redownload the whole thing again.

Hello All,
Can someone please PM me Hitman: Absolution $5 promo code? I am trying to hook up a firiend with pre-order. I had 2 promo codes, purchased my copy and my brother gave up his promo code but for some reason my friend can not use it. Not sure if it is tied to the account because I see people posting their promo code here anyways.

Come Nov 20, Tobias Rieper is going to set things straight! ( for some odd reason I loved 47's this alias name the most)
Thanks

EDIT: I got one, thank you very much. You guys rock!

As I previously said, I have a Hitman code I won't be using.

Anyone who wants it just PM me ;-)

Apart from that, please Tony any news on Focus pack (Game of Thrones + Genesis)?

Thanks very much :)

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']I just DLed, installed, and played the first ep. of Doctor Who, so whatever it is you guys did it is working now.[/QUOTE]

Guess that means I'll have to re-download. Was it only the first one that had problems?

[quote name='elessar123']Guess that means I'll have to re-download. Was it only the first one that had problems?[/QUOTE]

Don't know, I'm just DLing as I play them. Neat little game so far. Can't believe this was free in the UK. Nice production values.

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']Hey there,

I'll check on NBA right now. As for the Hitman Sniper challenge, that is a Gamestop/Steam thing, our thing is the Pistol Pack and Costume I linked to earlier.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

Bummer. I was hoping that I could get both through Amazon. I really want both, but I don't want to buy the game twice.

Is the code for the Suit & Pistol that you guys are offering as a preorder gonna be separate from the main game code? If so, I might be able to buy though Amazon & just sell off the code for the main game.

[quote name='aronater']Hey Tony, what do you think; any chance of this happening? Or are my dreams doomed to die a slow, painful death? :pray:[/QUOTE]

I'll pitch it :).

[quote name='CheapoEl']Hey Tony, any chance to PM Steam's Halloween sale stuff ?
Looking at Prototype, they got it for $4.99.

Also, is there a ETA on a fix for Amazon's downloader, so it asks you where it wants to save the file ? It has been many months, and it still defaults to C: drive, if it detects there is some free space for the game, BUT, it fails if you don't have enough room for game + install, forcing you to redownload the whole thing again.[/QUOTE]

We're going to have Prototype 1+2+Radnet DLC for $12.49 soon so no we won't be matching that one.

[quote name='frankie007']As I previously said, I have a Hitman code I won't be using.

Anyone who wants it just PM me ;-)

Apart from that, please Tony any news on Focus pack (Game of Thrones + Genesis)?

Thanks very much :)[/QUOTE]

Yep, still waiting to hear back from Focus. Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']Don't know, I'm just DLing as I play them. Neat little game so far. Can't believe this was free in the UK. Nice production values.[/QUOTE]

It was free to them because it was (at least partially) paid by tax-payers. Where the proceeds from the game selling in the US, I have no idea.

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']
We're going to have Prototype 1+2+Radnet DLC for $12.49 soon so no we won't be matching that one.[/QUOTE]

Crap, I shouldn't have bought Prototype yesterday. Will you be doing steam codes with that bundle?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back