Amazon PCDD $12.49 Walking Dead ($7.49 after coupon)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amazon DVG Deals

Official Representative
Feedback
4 (100%)
Hi CAGs,

I'll be posting deals we're running on Digital Games (PC/Mac, Free to Play, Sony/Microsoft Points/Subs).

I'm also here to answer questions you might have, get you closer to the developers by hosting Q&As, setting up podcasts, live streaming gameplay etc. If I don't respond to a question you have in thread please send me a PM. These ping my email address and make it more likely that I will see your question and respond more quickly.

FYI. EA Games sold by Amazon will not activate on Steam.

Digital Holiday

1/5-1/12

The Walking Dead - $12.49 ($7.49 post coupon)

1/11-1/13:

Alice: Madness Returns: The Complete Collection - $11.99 pre coupon (6.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Dragon Age Pack PC - $12.99 pre-coupon ($7.99 after coupon) - not Steam

1/18-1/20:

Need for Speed: The Run - $8.99 ($3.99 after coupon) - not Steam
EA Sports Classic Pack - $8.99 ($3.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Syndicate - $9.99 ($4.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Crysis Maximum Maximum -$17.99 ($12.99 after coupon) - not Steam

1/13-1/19:

Tantalizing THQ Medley - $11.99 pre coupon ($6.99 after coupon) - Steam

1/11-1/12:

Darksiders Franchise Pack - $13.19 before coupon ($8.19 after coupon) - Steam
Saints Row The Third: The Full Package - $12.49 pre coupon ($7.49 after coupon) - Steam

1/29-1/31:

Burning Hot Bundle - $11.99 ($6.99 after coupon)

F.A.Q.S.:

1. Does the game I'm buying from Amazon Activate on Steam/Origin/Uplay? What DRM does the game use?

There are two places to identify DRM on a digital video game detail page:

At the top of the page, below the title:

16hm7a8.png

In the "Product Description" section:

r06ykl.jpg

2. Note on Electronic Arts Games - For the most part, EA games sold on Amazon do not activate on Steam. Most activate on Origin.

3. Note on DRM with limited activations:

Our Policy

4. Sometimes I'll do giveaways.

5. I work with developers and publishers to get fun (or at least what I think is fun) content to share with you all. Here are some examples:

a. Check out the Pax Gameplay videos here: Xcom: Enemy Unknown I played Xcom with Jake, the Creative Director for the game, a few months before the game came out Also, on this page, check out the Q&A, also a community driven event.

b. Check out the interview on this page: Borderlands 2 we did this interview at E3 with Randy Pitchford this year.

c. We've partnered with the ++GoodGames Podcast to feature many of the games we carry. They talk to the developers about the game development process, how the games are conceptualized and managed, all kinds of fun stuff. I'm working on putting together full link list and will update when I have it.

What else do we sell?

Xbox Live Points and Subscriptions:

1600 Microsoft Live Points
4000 Microsoft Live Points
12 Month XBOX Live Subscription
3 Month XBOX Live Subscription]
12 Month + 1 XBOX Live Subscription

PSN+ Subscriptions and PSN Points:

$20 PSN Points
$50 PSN Points
12 Month PSN+ Subscription
3 Month PSN+ Subscription

We also have a Free-2-Play store supported by our GameConnect technology. Gameconnect allows you to link your Amazon.com account with free-2-play and MMO accounts so that you can buy things like in game currency, premium game time/subscriptions, in game items, etc. on Amazon.com using your Amazon.com payment options and have this content delivered directly into your game.

To check out the Free-2-Play games we offer you can visit our storefront here:

Free-2-Play Store

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']Hey guys,

Sorry for the delayed responses, I've had my head down prepping for Black Friday.

More info to come soon. On ME3, right now, for Black Friday, we're planning on a discount on the Trilogy but not any individual ME titles by themselves.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

Thought it would have been, still will hopefully be a good deal though tony!

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']Hey guys,

Sorry for the delayed responses, I've had my head down prepping for Black Friday.

More info to come soon. On ME3, right now, for Black Friday, we're planning on a discount on the Trilogy but not any individual ME titles by themselves.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

Sorry to repeat myself but you might have missed it. Any chance of price matching Serious Sam 3: http://impulsedriven.com/products/ESD-IMP-W2350

(Or possibly news of a potentially similar/better price for Black Friday?)

[quote name='Eldredpe']I hope THQ bequeaths all its IPs to CD Projekt.

Just because that would be really bizarre.[/QUOTE]

That'd actually be neat, but does CD Projekt have that kind of cash?

[quote name='Mooby']If you mean 'seriously' in regards to THQ, yes their stock is under a $1. They're probably on their way out.[/QUOTE]

Looks that way, shame really, hate to see companies fall

[quote name='Eldredpe']I hope THQ bequeaths all its IPs to CD Projekt.

Just because that would be really bizarre.[/QUOTE]
I put all my bets on Hervé Caen.

Red Faction Armageddon was surprisingly a lot of fun [a real sleeper]. Should have been awarded a 80ish Metacritic score.

I hope THQ doesn't go under, I like a lot of their games [STALKER, Metro, Red Faction, etc..]. The only thing imo that hurts them is their tendency to be "DLC Happy".
They also need to re-consider their production system and produce games of higher quality, rather than quantity. Stop trying to be like EA [quantity] and be more like Square-Enix [quality]. Again, imo

A couple of questions about the upcoming THQ bundle.

Will the DLC for Red Faction Armageddon be included?

Will this bundle be part of the $5 promo code thing that will be returning this year? That is, will we get a $5 code with this bundle?

Will there be any Assassins Creed 3 pre order deals? And is it true that you have Steam DRM copy? Amazon is the first site I saw that besides Steam itself.

Also, does anyone know if they Nvidia codes will activate on Steam? I assume they are uPlay codes.

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']My bad,

We've run this deal a few times and will have it again for BF/CM.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

Well, not as low as $6, but hopefully you get that low then! I'll wait it out for you guys, though, thanks.

[quote name='thegreatest']Will there be any Assassins Creed 3 pre order deals? And is it true that you have Steam DRM copy? Amazon is the first site I saw that besides Steam itself.

Also, does anyone know if they Nvidia codes will activate on Steam? I assume they are uPlay codes.[/QUOTE]

Maybe not even direct uPlay codes but rather a promo code to apply on Ubishop to make the game free ($0.00)
Zotac did the same before with Assassin's Creed Brotherhood in the past with their nVidia GTX 500 cards

My Amazon account is working fine now. Great CS!

But I lost ACIII Deluxe pre-order that I made when it was $65 :cry:

I will try to get it on Steam in a trade or something

Did anyone ever get an answer regarding the Prototype pack and whether is was going to be one of those Gamespot flash deals tomorrow. I really do not like this trend if so especially since it was promoted as an alternative to the sale that Steam had one the first one.

[quote name='elessar123']That'd actually be neat, but does CD Projekt have that kind of cash?[/QUOTE]

Absolutely not. That's why I said bequeath.

I seriously doubt they have the cash to buy even one significant IP, even if they are capable of dipping into the GOG funds.

They'd be a natural fit for STALKER, though.

[quote name='UW_Shocks']
They also need to re-consider their production system and produce games of higher quality, rather than quantity. Stop trying to be like EA [quantity] and be more like Square-Enix [quality]. Again, imo[/QUOTE]

That's ostensibly what they've been trying to do for the last five years - focusing on "core games" and "building quality franchises." Compared to the THQ of old that was basically a licensed game craphouse, I think they've done a decent job with that goal. They just haven't been very profitable at it.

picked up lego batman 2 and it is AWESOME in 3d vision. the cutscenes cameras are kind of messed up, but gameplay looks amazing. after checking this out i put in a pre-order for lego lord of the rings!

I'd love to see Amazon Digital PM Walmarts black friday price of $25 a piece for Borderlands 2, Dishonored (I know, they don't carry Bethesda...yet), and X-Com. I'm well aware that digital doesn't PM retail and that the Walmart ad doesn't specifically state PC versions on sale, but fuck it, a man can dream!

[quote name='AdvOfJet']Did anyone ever get an answer regarding the Prototype pack and whether is was going to be one of those Gamespot flash deals tomorrow. I really do not like this trend if so especially since it was promoted as an alternative to the sale that Steam had one the first one.[/QUOTE]

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showpost.php?p=10104440&postcount=3537

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showpost.php?p=10102104&postcount=3478

The deal was absolutely not "promoted" as an alternative. Someone asked if we'd be PMing the Steam deal, which I responded to with "no" we'll have a different deal shortly. This type of response was requested by the community months back in the form of, "please tell us why you don't PM some stuff but PM other stuff".

You'll note in the follow up post that I encouraged people who absolutely wanted to get in on the Steam offer to do so, something I do consistently whenever this type of question comes up.

The alternative is to respond to PM requests that we won't be matching with "No, and I have no other information".

That being said, the Prototype bundle will be part of the Gamespot show at X price tomorrow and then at X+Y price starting on Sunday for the Deal of the Week next week.

Cheers,
Tony

P.S. X+Y = $9.99, we knocked $3.50 off the price (it will be lower for the 2 hours around the Gamespot show).

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']

P.S. X+Y = $9.99, we knocked $3.50 off the price (it will be lower for the 2 hours around the Gamespot show).[/QUOTE]

Wait! what ?

Prototype + Prototype 2 + Radnet DLC will be lower than $9.99 during the 2-hour promo and will be $9.99 on Sunday ?! :hot:

[quote name='r9800pro']Wait! what ?

Prototype + Prototype 2 + Radnet DLC will be lower than $9.99 during the 2-hour promo and will be $9.99 on Sunday ?! :hot:[/QUOTE]

Yeah,

and it looks like we're getting Steam keys for Prototype 1...BOOM.

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']

P.S. X+Y = $9.99, we knocked $3.50 off the price (it will be lower for the 2 hours around the Gamespot show).[/QUOTE]

But, how much is Y?! =0

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']Yeah,

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

I'm guessing $7.49 for P1 + P2 + Radnet

Hopefully X / Y = 3 ... Either way, glad I didn't redeem my prototype copy on Steam so I can trade that off sometime and buy the whole pack from amazon. =)

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']You'll have to watch the show to find out :).

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

Can you at least get better hosts on there? They both rather suck.

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']You'll have to watch the show to find out :).

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

What time is the GameSpot-Amazon show at?
And how long will the deal run for?

I don't get home until like a little after 5:30pm EST...

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

OMG! :hot:

I will buy a pack or 2 for that price even though I already have them :applause:

[quote name='MysterD']What time is the GameSpot-Amazon show at?

I don't get home until like a little after 5:30pm EST...[/QUOTE]

The show starts 2 PM PST and the deal runs for around 2 hours I think

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

And boom goes the dynamite.

[quote name='MysterD']What time is the GameSpot-Amazon show at?

I don't get home until like a little after 5:30pm EST...[/QUOTE]

I think it starts at 2pm PST or 5pm EST. Maybe someone can buy you a copy if you want it? I don't think they have limits.

If you go to:
http://www.gamespot.com/shows/black-fridays/

There is counter counting down when the show starts (22hrs 2mins 52 secs) now.

I'll have too look into if I want to get Prototype.

I hope the hosts at least did their homework this time.

[quote name='r9800pro']Wait! what ?

Prototype + Prototype 2 + Radnet DLC will be lower than $9.99 during the 2-hour promo and will be $9.99 on Sunday ?! :hot:[/QUOTE]

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

Like with the change on Subscribe and Save being the same day each month to save on shipping for Amazon and be more fair I suppose, I think having a great deal after the show on Sunday and an even BETTER deal during the show is a great idea.

It'll force people to watch the show...

I really hope they do better this time, but looking forward to watching again. :)

[quote name='Snowmaru']Tony, can we look forward to a deal on Max Payne 3 soon? Make my day, c'mon![/QUOTE]

Is it still a 35GB download?

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

Tony! You knocked me outta my chair with that news! :bouncy:

[quote name='Snowmaru']Tony, can we look forward to a deal on Max Payne 3 soon? Make my day, c'mon![/QUOTE]

Yes, and in my opinion the deal is stupid awesome.

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']Yes, and in my opinion the deal is stupid awesome.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

Any chance you can get a MLB 2K13 going also?

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']Yes, and in my opinion the deal is stupid awesome.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

Max Payne 3 PC download = $10?
Yes? :p

Tony, can you clear this up? Amazon's listing of AC3 Deluxe contents doesn't match other stores/websites.

[quote name='r9800pro']Please Tony, can you check what extra contents ACIII Deluxe comes with ?

Amazon states:

Quote:
Deluxe Edition customers receive extra in-game content:
  • Three single-player missions: Lost Mayan Ruins, Ghost of War, and A Dangerous Secret.
  • Two single-player characters: Captain of the Aquila and Colonial Assassin.
  • Two multiplayer characters: Redcoat and Sharpshooter.
While official ACIII Deluxe contects should be:

Quote:
4 bonus single-player missions, adding over an hour of additional gameplay.
A collection of 25 tracks from the official Assassin’s Creed® III soundtrack (mp3 files).
George Washington’s notebook (pdf file). Plus some extra weapons [/QUOTE]

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showpost.php?p=10104440&postcount=3537

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showpost.php?p=10102104&postcount=3478

The deal was absolutely not "promoted" as an alternative. Someone asked if we'd be PMing the Steam deal, which I responded to with "no" we'll have a different deal shortly. This type of response was requested by the community months back in the form of, "please tell us why you don't PM some stuff but PM other stuff".

Cheers,
Tony
.[/QUOTE]

My mistake then. It wasn't actually you I guess that was saying it but fellow members of the site.

Glad to see that the deal is going to be flexible though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back