Amazon PCDD $12.49 Walking Dead ($7.49 after coupon)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amazon DVG Deals

Official Representative
Feedback
4 (100%)
Hi CAGs,

I'll be posting deals we're running on Digital Games (PC/Mac, Free to Play, Sony/Microsoft Points/Subs).

I'm also here to answer questions you might have, get you closer to the developers by hosting Q&As, setting up podcasts, live streaming gameplay etc. If I don't respond to a question you have in thread please send me a PM. These ping my email address and make it more likely that I will see your question and respond more quickly.

FYI. EA Games sold by Amazon will not activate on Steam.

Digital Holiday

1/5-1/12

The Walking Dead - $12.49 ($7.49 post coupon)

1/11-1/13:

Alice: Madness Returns: The Complete Collection - $11.99 pre coupon (6.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Dragon Age Pack PC - $12.99 pre-coupon ($7.99 after coupon) - not Steam

1/18-1/20:

Need for Speed: The Run - $8.99 ($3.99 after coupon) - not Steam
EA Sports Classic Pack - $8.99 ($3.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Syndicate - $9.99 ($4.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Crysis Maximum Maximum -$17.99 ($12.99 after coupon) - not Steam

1/13-1/19:

Tantalizing THQ Medley - $11.99 pre coupon ($6.99 after coupon) - Steam

1/11-1/12:

Darksiders Franchise Pack - $13.19 before coupon ($8.19 after coupon) - Steam
Saints Row The Third: The Full Package - $12.49 pre coupon ($7.49 after coupon) - Steam

1/29-1/31:

Burning Hot Bundle - $11.99 ($6.99 after coupon)

F.A.Q.S.:

1. Does the game I'm buying from Amazon Activate on Steam/Origin/Uplay? What DRM does the game use?

There are two places to identify DRM on a digital video game detail page:

At the top of the page, below the title:

16hm7a8.png

In the "Product Description" section:

r06ykl.jpg

2. Note on Electronic Arts Games - For the most part, EA games sold on Amazon do not activate on Steam. Most activate on Origin.

3. Note on DRM with limited activations:

Our Policy

4. Sometimes I'll do giveaways.

5. I work with developers and publishers to get fun (or at least what I think is fun) content to share with you all. Here are some examples:

a. Check out the Pax Gameplay videos here: Xcom: Enemy Unknown I played Xcom with Jake, the Creative Director for the game, a few months before the game came out Also, on this page, check out the Q&A, also a community driven event.

b. Check out the interview on this page: Borderlands 2 we did this interview at E3 with Randy Pitchford this year.

c. We've partnered with the ++GoodGames Podcast to feature many of the games we carry. They talk to the developers about the game development process, how the games are conceptualized and managed, all kinds of fun stuff. I'm working on putting together full link list and will update when I have it.

What else do we sell?

Xbox Live Points and Subscriptions:

1600 Microsoft Live Points
4000 Microsoft Live Points
12 Month XBOX Live Subscription
3 Month XBOX Live Subscription]
12 Month + 1 XBOX Live Subscription

PSN+ Subscriptions and PSN Points:

$20 PSN Points
$50 PSN Points
12 Month PSN+ Subscription
3 Month PSN+ Subscription

We also have a Free-2-Play store supported by our GameConnect technology. Gameconnect allows you to link your Amazon.com account with free-2-play and MMO accounts so that you can buy things like in game currency, premium game time/subscriptions, in game items, etc. on Amazon.com using your Amazon.com payment options and have this content delivered directly into your game.

To check out the Free-2-Play games we offer you can visit our storefront here:

Free-2-Play Store

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='TraBuch']Viking? As in Viking: Battle for Asgard? That game that came out on consoles over four years ago? It's just now getting a PC port?[/QUOTE]

Yep Sega has chosen to finally grace us with this game 4 years later.......

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']Just posted this in another forum so I thought I'd drop it here as well:

For those interested in catalog titles we'll have stuff like a bundle of Mass Effect 1 + 2 + Dragon Age Origins: Ultimate Edition + Dragon Age 2 for $14.99 or Binary Domain+AVP+Viking+HellYeah+Condemned for $19.99. Newer stuff includes Need for Speed Most wanted for $25 and Medal of Honor: Warfighter for $30.

This is in relation to the Black Friday sales we'll be having.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

Hi Tony, will there be a la carte for these games (esp. for Hell Yeah)?

That bundle price is $5 less than I've ever seen Black Ops on its own. Whatever obscene pictures of Activision execs you have, don't let them out of your grasp and keep the deals coming!

Edited to add: Any chance of DLC sales, especially for Black Ops? Love me some zombie killing :)

[quote name='jrodri86']Naaah, Anno 2070 is the perfect example of who Ubisoft are. What a way to screw such a great game with draconian DRM[/QUOTE]

Maybe someday they'll remove that DRM.
Maybe someday I'll buy the game.

("Someday" is an indeterminate future date that can be considered equal in both of the above statements.)

Ubisoft has already stated this year, they are getting rid of the "draconia" DRM with PC titles.
http://www.polygon.com/gaming/2012/9/5/3293318/ubisoft-to-scrap-drm-for-all-pc-games
They learned their lesson, but it is helpful at times to bring up their faults. We should applaud them for their effort. If we continue to boycott UbiSoft, the only signal they will receive is that draconian DRM is not a big deal after all.

As for which games apply, we have yet to see whether this is a "from here on..." stance, or will it be retroactive....

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']You mean Black Ops + Modern Warfare 2 for $14.99?

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

I'm not much of a military shooter guy, but...
I'd buy that in a heartbeat.

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']You mean Black Ops + Modern Warfare 2 for $14.99?

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]
I would buy this with out question.

[quote name='Syntax Error']Are BO+MW2 worth it if you're not going to multiplayer?[/QUOTE]

I'd assume so, just for the fact that they are only $7.50 each... But, that's just how I look at it. I have not played either game.

[quote name='Syntax Error']Are BO+MW2 worth it if you're not going to multiplayer?[/QUOTE]
Honestly, no. I hate to detract customers away from Tonys great deal on this bundle... but I just hate seeing bad games rewarded year after year.

Call of duty campaigns have been a laughable experience for a long long long time. They are guided near on rails experiences, to which I would say a true on rails shooter would be more fun and challenging. At least you have a point score in an on rails shooter to always beat. Hordes of enemies that come stream after stream is not my idea of fun.

Mutliplayer is another thing. The iterations every year offer so little change, that it is nearly the same experience. Just a new coat with minor tweaks.

In the end its just a treadmill for that next gear unlock or perk. Its always been like this.

Thats not to say, mutliplayer is extremely fun if you are new to the franchise or new to the online multiplayer base. But if you have ever played CoD online before, one could understand why many detest the iterations year after year - fatigue.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

Tony
That is a great price to secure, just curious will they be on sale separately by any chance? Like $7.50 each or $9.99 for BO and $4.99 for MW2? Just for those of us who already got MW2 from you last year for $5.
Thanks in advance.
-monkeyz

[quote name='monkeyz']Tony
That is a great price to secure, just curious will they be on sale separately by any chance? Like $7.50 each or $9.99 for BO and $4.99 for MW2? Just for those of us who already got MW2 from you last year for $5.
Thanks in advance.
-monkeyz[/QUOTE]

For sure, and valid question. They'll both be $9.99 a la carte.

So, killer price for BO, and the pretty standard MW2 price.

The bundle's where its at on this one.

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']For sure, and valid question. They'll both be $9.99 a la carte.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

Sorry but how much will the bundle be tony?

In relation to the value of other single player games, I wouldn't say so unless you're really interested in that story and love FPS.

On the other side, is the multiplayer completely dead for these games? I heard MW2's was literally broken.

Not sure I want to spend this much on old FPSs but I would love to go back to MW2's multiplayer. Is this going to be part of the $5 promo?

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']For sure, and valid question. They'll both be $9.99 a la carte.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

Do you have any plans for releasing a full lineup of BF deals? If so, do you have a date?

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

Tony you are the man! I kind of figured after I asked that the 2nd price I wrote for MW2 was silly considering the bundle price, but that seems totally fair, and that is a killer BO price so I'll be sure to grab it, I'll keep my eyes out. Thanks man.

-monkeyz

Picking up BO a la carte [alrready have MW2].

As for the singleplayer, I only play CoD for the campaign. I have a lot fun [haven't played BLOPS yet] and it falls in line with many other FPS campaigns [around 5-6 hours]. If you love MoH and BF campaigns, then I can't see why you wouldn't like CoD single player. Just my thoughts.......

[quote name='Zipomatic2']I much prefer when people call Black Ops "Blops" because that makes me giggle like a giddy schoolgirl.[/QUOTE]

I would think BO - Body Odor would be a bit more giggle inducing.

BO at that price!!!! I'm in :)

If anyone wants to sell me their Black Ops key when its out let me know. Already played the hell outta both on 360 bt Black Ops MP is the shit.

Sweet CoD deal, Tony! Definitely picking up Black Ops (already got MW2).

Personally, I enjoyed the single player campaigns of both games. I've never played the multiplayer for either game (not really an MP person - the only time I play it is if my brothers are playing). Linearity in a FPS doesn't bother me, and I thought the stories were decent (I don't look for great stories in FPS). I just have fun shooting bad guys :)

I can't speak for BO, but I played MW2's single player and it was downright awful. Was around 4.5 hours long and jumped around everywhere killing characters off left and right and not once did you ever give a shit.

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']Binary Domain+AVP+Viking+HellYeah+Condemned for $19.99.[/QUOTE]

This one is pretty tempting to me although I don't really have a big interest in Binary Domain or AVP and the others would be like $3.75/each if Steam drops them to 75% off. Pretty solid deal for people who do want the first two games, though. It'll be a wait and see proposition for me.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

[quote name='DWulf']Sweet CoD deal, Tony! Definitely picking up Black Ops (already got MW2).
[/QUOTE]

Same here and I appreciate you doing deals on individual games that are also bundled! I'm picking up BOps for the short singleplayer and the zombie mode.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

Holy crap, I'm going to spend more money. :cool:

[quote name='Mooby']This one is pretty tempting to me although I don't really have a big interest in Binary Domain or AVP and the others would be like $3.75/each if Steam drops them to 75% off. Pretty solid deal for people who do want the first two games, though. It'll be a wait and see proposition for me.[/QUOTE]

Binary Domain is fantastic though. I loved it and I'm brutal when it comes to judging games.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

Already own MW2 (from Amazon DVG) and MW3 (from Retail).
You got a solo deal planned for Black Ops 1?

Anything on COD: World At War planned?

[quote name='MysterD']Already own MW2 (from Amazon DVG) and MW3 (from Retail).

Anything on COD: World At War planned?[/QUOTE]

Thought he posted just earlier that it was going to be $9.99?

I believe that Tony mentioned somewhere that Black ops 1 and MW2 will be 9.99 individually.

Edit: Daf beat me to it.

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']Just posted this in another forum so I thought I'd drop it here as well:

For those interested in catalog titles we'll have stuff like a bundle of Mass Effect 1 + 2 + Dragon Age Origins: Ultimate Edition + Dragon Age 2 for $14.99 or Binary Domain+AVP+Viking+HellYeah+Condemned for $19.99. Newer stuff includes Need for Speed Most wanted for $25 and Medal of Honor: Warfighter for $30.

This is in relation to the Black Friday sales we'll be having.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]
Any chance of having Hell Yeah discounted outside the bundle?

I too would love to see a deal on World At War, probably my 2nd fav CoD behind CoD 2.

[quote name='Rerujnoc']I believe that Tony mentioned somewhere that Black ops 1 and MW2 will be 9.99 individually.

Edit: Daf beat me to it.[/QUOTE]

Thanks!
Must've missed it...
...But I just found that post!

All I need to know from Tony is...
Is COD: World At War PC download coming to Amazon DVG?
If so - when and how much? :p

[quote name='SelmaBlair']Binary Domain is fantastic though. I loved it and I'm brutal when it comes to judging games.[/QUOTE]

Binary Domain is my Sleeper Hit of 2012, so far.

Hotline Miami is probably my favorite Indie Game this year, so far.

[quote name='Snakethesniper']Any chance of having Hell Yeah discounted outside the bundle?[/QUOTE]

GreenmanGaming has it for $5.49 today only (after the 25% off coupon). Cheaper in the Amazon bundle though if you wanted all those games, but FYI in case ;)

[quote name='shezbot']GreenmanGaming has it for $5.49 today only (after the 25% off coupon). Cheaper in the Amazon bundle though if you wanted all those games, but FYI in case ;)[/QUOTE]

I didn't see a bundle with Hell Yeah! in it and I thought about scoring it from GMG.

Before the GMG ends, which bundle is this in reference to? I couldn't find a post about it.

[quote name='DWulf']Sweet CoD deal, Tony! Definitely picking up Black Ops (already got MW2).

Personally, I enjoyed the single player campaigns of both games. I've never played the multiplayer for either game (not really an MP person - the only time I play it is if my brothers are playing). Linearity in a FPS doesn't bother me, and I thought the stories were decent (I don't look for great stories in FPS). I just have fun shooting bad guys :)[/QUOTE]

Where's the competitiveness? lol. Think the highest I ever got my K/D ratio on 360 was around 1.82

I would say neither is worth if your just going to play SP. Zombies on Black Ops is a downright good ass time tho

[quote name='audio vicious']I didn't see a bundle with Hell Yeah! in it and I thought about scoring it from GMG.

Before the GMG ends, which bundle is this in reference to? I couldn't find a post about it.[/QUOTE]

We'll have a pack with:

Binary Domain
AVP
Viking
Hell Yeah
Condemned

for $19.99.

Cheers,
Tony

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done