Amazon PCDD $12.49 Walking Dead ($7.49 after coupon)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amazon DVG Deals

Official Representative
Feedback
4 (100%)
Hi CAGs,

I'll be posting deals we're running on Digital Games (PC/Mac, Free to Play, Sony/Microsoft Points/Subs).

I'm also here to answer questions you might have, get you closer to the developers by hosting Q&As, setting up podcasts, live streaming gameplay etc. If I don't respond to a question you have in thread please send me a PM. These ping my email address and make it more likely that I will see your question and respond more quickly.

FYI. EA Games sold by Amazon will not activate on Steam.

Digital Holiday

1/5-1/12

The Walking Dead - $12.49 ($7.49 post coupon)

1/11-1/13:

Alice: Madness Returns: The Complete Collection - $11.99 pre coupon (6.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Dragon Age Pack PC - $12.99 pre-coupon ($7.99 after coupon) - not Steam

1/18-1/20:

Need for Speed: The Run - $8.99 ($3.99 after coupon) - not Steam
EA Sports Classic Pack - $8.99 ($3.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Syndicate - $9.99 ($4.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Crysis Maximum Maximum -$17.99 ($12.99 after coupon) - not Steam

1/13-1/19:

Tantalizing THQ Medley - $11.99 pre coupon ($6.99 after coupon) - Steam

1/11-1/12:

Darksiders Franchise Pack - $13.19 before coupon ($8.19 after coupon) - Steam
Saints Row The Third: The Full Package - $12.49 pre coupon ($7.49 after coupon) - Steam

1/29-1/31:

Burning Hot Bundle - $11.99 ($6.99 after coupon)

F.A.Q.S.:

1. Does the game I'm buying from Amazon Activate on Steam/Origin/Uplay? What DRM does the game use?

There are two places to identify DRM on a digital video game detail page:

At the top of the page, below the title:

16hm7a8.png

In the "Product Description" section:

r06ykl.jpg

2. Note on Electronic Arts Games - For the most part, EA games sold on Amazon do not activate on Steam. Most activate on Origin.

3. Note on DRM with limited activations:

Our Policy

4. Sometimes I'll do giveaways.

5. I work with developers and publishers to get fun (or at least what I think is fun) content to share with you all. Here are some examples:

a. Check out the Pax Gameplay videos here: Xcom: Enemy Unknown I played Xcom with Jake, the Creative Director for the game, a few months before the game came out Also, on this page, check out the Q&A, also a community driven event.

b. Check out the interview on this page: Borderlands 2 we did this interview at E3 with Randy Pitchford this year.

c. We've partnered with the ++GoodGames Podcast to feature many of the games we carry. They talk to the developers about the game development process, how the games are conceptualized and managed, all kinds of fun stuff. I'm working on putting together full link list and will update when I have it.

What else do we sell?

Xbox Live Points and Subscriptions:

1600 Microsoft Live Points
4000 Microsoft Live Points
12 Month XBOX Live Subscription
3 Month XBOX Live Subscription]
12 Month + 1 XBOX Live Subscription

PSN+ Subscriptions and PSN Points:

$20 PSN Points
$50 PSN Points
12 Month PSN+ Subscription
3 Month PSN+ Subscription

We also have a Free-2-Play store supported by our GameConnect technology. Gameconnect allows you to link your Amazon.com account with free-2-play and MMO accounts so that you can buy things like in game currency, premium game time/subscriptions, in game items, etc. on Amazon.com using your Amazon.com payment options and have this content delivered directly into your game.

To check out the Free-2-Play games we offer you can visit our storefront here:

Free-2-Play Store

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Eldredpe']I've never really understood that argument, but I guess when I played the ME games I considered Shepherd to be less me than a character in a set story that I controlled the personality of. I controlled the way he talked to people or handled situations, but I knew the situations would always be the same, and I was a part of a story that was unfolding toward it's inevitable conclusion regardless of how I handled the specifics. So to me the ending was just a little bit dumb, but not a dealbreaker or something that hurt what came before it. To each his own, though.[/QUOTE]

It really wouldn't have been such a big deal if BioWare hadn't promised everyone that our choices would matter. They wrote themselves into a corner storywise, and that I can understand, but to bring 100+ hours of quality gameplay down to 3 different colored explosions is pretty sad.

Well I did my part this week to save the sinking ship. Bought Darksiders 2, even though I probably won't get around to playing it for a while, and you guys just got me to buy Saints Row 2.

I feel I should a get a badge, or a share or two of that worthless stock. Can we add that to one of the bundles?

[quote name='UW_Shocks']
Activision should understand the STEAM/Amazon theory of PC games sales: put your first game of a series on a deep discount and it will act as a "Gateway Drug" for other games in the series. If BLOPS 1 is fun, of course I would be willing to spend more for BLOPS 2 so I could attempt to attain the same high I got from the first game.[/QUOTE]

Unfortunately, Activision only seems to understand the Bobby Kotick theory of game sales: Screw the customer, screw the customer, screw the customer, offer a tantalizing upcoming deal that attracts customer interest, then jerk it back and screw the customer.

[quote name='Mac the Geek']Unfortunately, Activision only seems to understand the Bobby Kotick theory of game sales: Screw the customer, screw the customer, screw the customer, offer a tantalizing upcoming deal that attracts customer interest, then jerk it back and screw the customer.[/QUOTE]
Hmm, now the box of lube I received from Activision makes more sense.

[quote name='bobo797']Well I did my part this week to save the sinking ship. Bought Darksiders 2, even though I probably won't get around to playing it for a while, and you guys just got me to buy Saints Row 2.

I feel I should a get a badge, or a share or two of that worthless stock. Can we add that to one of the bundles?[/QUOTE]

There is no saving, THQ is 50 million+ in the hole. They're done.

[quote name='Mac the Geek']Unfortunately, Activision only seems to understand the Bobby Kotick theory of game sales: Screw the customer, screw the customer, screw the customer, offer a tantalizing upcoming deal that attracts customer interest, then jerk it back and screw the customer.[/QUOTE]

How in the fuck is Activision screwing the customer?! They put out a game that millions of people love(not me, btw). I don't get this whole thing where Activision is viewed as an evil company. If the people thought they were being screwed, they wouldn't buy the shit, but they do, which means there's still something there that people value. Quit hating.

[quote name='Jackovasaurus']How in the fuck is Activision screwing the customer?! They put out a game that millions of people love(not me, btw). I don't get this whole thing where Activision is viewed as an evil company. If the people thought they were being screwed, they wouldn't buy the shit, but they do, which means there's still something there that people value. Quit hating.[/QUOTE]

eh wtf are you talking about? People buy all kinds of shit that supports evil without giving it a second thought or a shit...

case in point diamond rings support african dictators and slavery
case in point Iphones/Ipads and other cellphones and electronics support slavery and child slave labor.

throw in a lot of clothing products and food and every single person in america in one form or another is financially supporting modern day slavery.

activision is still evil and most people are too fucking dumb to even notice. I personally think their games are shit and refuse to buy them.

[quote name='retrad']eh wtf are you talking about? People buy all kinds of shit that supports evil without giving it a second thought or a shit...

case in point diamond rings support african dictators and slavery
case in point Iphones/Ipads and other cellphones and electronics support slavery and child slave labor.

throw in a lot of clothing products and food and every single person in america in one form or another is financially supporting modern day slavery.

activision is still evil and most people are too fucking dumb to even notice. I personally think their games are shit and refuse to buy them.[/QUOTE]

Did you just draw a comparison between blood diamonds and Activision?

Jesus.

[quote name='sunasun']Hmm, now the box of lube I received from Activision makes more sense.[/QUOTE]

Just remember:
  • Water Based (KY, Astroglide) -- Safe with everything, but needs reapplication after a while, especially with anal play
  • Silicon Based -- Great, Slick, Condom Safe, Never use with silicon toys
  • Oil Based -- Generally not condom safe, Never use with latex

[quote name='Necrotron']Would this also include a $5 promo coupon for my next purchase after Janurary? If so, I'm so getting this.[/QUOTE]

Yes, note on the page:
Special Offers and Product Promotions

Order this product between now and 12/31/2012 and receive a $5 promotional credit good towards any of the "Editor's Choice" game downloads in the month of January 2013. You will receive an email with your promotional code and redemption instructions. Qualifying credits for this promotion may only be used one at a time. Here's how (restrictions apply)

[quote name='asheskitty']Yes, note on the page:[/QUOTE]

I was thinking the same thing this is a sweet deal pay $5 for season pass get $5 in future credit back, how is this a bad deal?
Decided to order already got $5 promotional code to use in January, this is still 19.99 on steam.

Yeah before people go crazy snagging Saints Row 2, just be aware it is probably among the worst PC ports of all time, and even modded, it may not exactly be running how you'd expect

[quote name='Jackovasaurus']Did you just draw a comparison between blood diamonds and Activision?
.[/QUOTE]

Activision did make a game named Blood Stone. Fun fact of the day :bouncy:

I got Dawn of War II for cheap in a key bundle back when. I know nothing about it, so can anyone explain what DLCs are good and compatible with it? Gracias!

[quote name='georgebot84']bought the THQ pack even though I own three of the games, thanx Tony

Any chance we'll see Sleeping Dogs below $10.00?[/QUOTE]

You never know, THQ is currently on the verge of bankruptcy and to add to their troubles, is being sued now for copyright infringement.
It's a shame, I actually liked quite a few of their titles (Saints Row, Metro 2033, Darksiders, Red Fraction and some more I don't remember the names of).

[quote name='AngelsPlight']You never know, THQ is currently on the verge of bankruptcy and to add to their troubles, is being sued now for copyright infringement.[/QUOTE]

Sleeping Dogs is a Square Enix game, I did not mean to make it seem like the statement and question were connected.

[quote name='georgebot84']Sleeping Dogs is a Square Enix game, I did not mean to make it seem like the statement and question were connected.[/QUOTE]

Oh was it? Thought it was THQ since it was mentioned right next to the THQ sales. Sleeping Dogs is still fairly new and popular so I doubt it would be in the $10 sales so soon (It was in the NYC 2012 Comic-con when I was touring for a couple days)

I'm not all pro Activision or think they're great, but I haven't seen an online pass in any CoD and they aren't cramming a digital content client down our throat yet. Says something when they easily could and others are.

[quote name='UW_Shocks']Activision did make a game named Blood Stone. Fun fact of the day :bouncy:[/QUOTE]

They published, the developer was Bizarre Creations. Which by the way is another studio that Activision decided to shut down. I miss Project Gotham Racing :(

I didn't realize the $5 promo had already started so I grabbed Protoype and THQ bundle. Already have Shadow on GFWL (doh) when it was $1 so I'll have to trade that eventually.

On the fence with Saints Row 3 + Pass. Wondering if I should wait til the complete collection is a good price and I'm not sure how well my PC would run it. But with the $5 promo, it feels like a no brainer and I feel bad for THQ :(

Sad to see the CoD bundle getting screwed up possibly, at least I have Homefront as a backup.

[quote name='Needles-Kane']I didn't realize the $5 promo had already started so I grabbed Protoype and THQ bundle. Already have Shadow on GFWL (doh) when it was $1.

On the fence with Saints Row 3 + Pass. Wondering if I should wait til the complete collection is a good price and I'm not sure how well my PC would run it. But with the $5 promo, it feels like a no brainer.[/QUOTE]

I won't comment on the DLC since I never bought it (reviews for it suck) but $10 for Saints 3 is a great value. You're looking at like 20-30 hours of campaign, minimum.

[quote name='SelmaBlair']I won't comment on the DLC since I never bought it (reviews for it suck) but $10 for Saints 3 is a great value. You're looking at like 20-30 hours of campaign, minimum.[/QUOTE]

Cool :) If I didn't like SR2 though (the game felt really clunky to me), would I dislike this?

Does anyone know if I can use my "Software / Video Game Digital Downloads" promo/gift credit on the PCDD store?

[quote name='Needles-Kane']Cool :) If I didn't like SR2 though (the game felt really clunky to me), would I dislike this?[/QUOTE]

Yes just go in having fun. The pc version of sr2 was a otter mess anyway :p

Will I receive the $5 promo codes, if I bought 2 prototype packs 2 days ago, when the promo wasn't up?

I haven't received any "Promotional Credit" e-mail.

Last edited by a moderator:
Can I have more than 1 $5 credit back in my amazon account?
Lets say I buy multiple game packs will i get multile $5 credit?
Im aware of that it wont stack on January.

[quote name='joshuatly']Can I have more than 1 $5 credit back in my amazon account?
Lets say I buy multiple game packs will i get multile $5 credit?
Im aware of that it wont stack on January.[/QUOTE]

Yes. I have $10 credit listed on my account already from purchasing the Prototype and THQ packs.

Hi Tony, Can we expect any Dead Island GOTY offer?

BTW can anyone tell me how can i check how many promo coupons i have in my account?

Regards!

[quote name='Corpekata']Yeah before people go crazy snagging Saints Row 2, just be aware it is probably among the worst PC ports of all time, and even modded, it may not exactly be running how you'd expect[/QUOTE]

It's kinda weird, there are those that claim that it won't run on Windows 7 x64, yet here I am, running it on Windows 7 x64, never had a single problem with other than some lag that was fixed by moving the game to an SSD, now it plays smooth as butter.

You other, much pricier, alternative is getting the console version...

[quote name='sunghost']Yes. I have $10 credit listed on my account already from purchasing the Prototype and THQ packs.[/QUOTE]

hmm...where do you see the credit from ? i don't see mine at all :(

[quote name='MadSaint']hmm...where do you see the credit from ? i don't see mine at all :([/QUOTE]

Same here, I can't find any of mine in my Amazon account. I've received the emails for each one, but people saying it's "showing" in their account confuses me...

well...it use to have some figure for me...but now it's back to 0 in the mp3 credit page....

really want to know how to check b4 i pull the trigger for sr3 :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back