Amazon PCDD $12.49 Walking Dead ($7.49 after coupon)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amazon DVG Deals

Official Representative
Feedback
4 (100%)
Hi CAGs,

I'll be posting deals we're running on Digital Games (PC/Mac, Free to Play, Sony/Microsoft Points/Subs).

I'm also here to answer questions you might have, get you closer to the developers by hosting Q&As, setting up podcasts, live streaming gameplay etc. If I don't respond to a question you have in thread please send me a PM. These ping my email address and make it more likely that I will see your question and respond more quickly.

FYI. EA Games sold by Amazon will not activate on Steam.

Digital Holiday

1/5-1/12

The Walking Dead - $12.49 ($7.49 post coupon)

1/11-1/13:

Alice: Madness Returns: The Complete Collection - $11.99 pre coupon (6.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Dragon Age Pack PC - $12.99 pre-coupon ($7.99 after coupon) - not Steam

1/18-1/20:

Need for Speed: The Run - $8.99 ($3.99 after coupon) - not Steam
EA Sports Classic Pack - $8.99 ($3.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Syndicate - $9.99 ($4.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Crysis Maximum Maximum -$17.99 ($12.99 after coupon) - not Steam

1/13-1/19:

Tantalizing THQ Medley - $11.99 pre coupon ($6.99 after coupon) - Steam

1/11-1/12:

Darksiders Franchise Pack - $13.19 before coupon ($8.19 after coupon) - Steam
Saints Row The Third: The Full Package - $12.49 pre coupon ($7.49 after coupon) - Steam

1/29-1/31:

Burning Hot Bundle - $11.99 ($6.99 after coupon)

F.A.Q.S.:

1. Does the game I'm buying from Amazon Activate on Steam/Origin/Uplay? What DRM does the game use?

There are two places to identify DRM on a digital video game detail page:

At the top of the page, below the title:

16hm7a8.png

In the "Product Description" section:

r06ykl.jpg

2. Note on Electronic Arts Games - For the most part, EA games sold on Amazon do not activate on Steam. Most activate on Origin.

3. Note on DRM with limited activations:

Our Policy

4. Sometimes I'll do giveaways.

5. I work with developers and publishers to get fun (or at least what I think is fun) content to share with you all. Here are some examples:

a. Check out the Pax Gameplay videos here: Xcom: Enemy Unknown I played Xcom with Jake, the Creative Director for the game, a few months before the game came out Also, on this page, check out the Q&A, also a community driven event.

b. Check out the interview on this page: Borderlands 2 we did this interview at E3 with Randy Pitchford this year.

c. We've partnered with the ++GoodGames Podcast to feature many of the games we carry. They talk to the developers about the game development process, how the games are conceptualized and managed, all kinds of fun stuff. I'm working on putting together full link list and will update when I have it.

What else do we sell?

Xbox Live Points and Subscriptions:

1600 Microsoft Live Points
4000 Microsoft Live Points
12 Month XBOX Live Subscription
3 Month XBOX Live Subscription]
12 Month + 1 XBOX Live Subscription

PSN+ Subscriptions and PSN Points:

$20 PSN Points
$50 PSN Points
12 Month PSN+ Subscription
3 Month PSN+ Subscription

We also have a Free-2-Play store supported by our GameConnect technology. Gameconnect allows you to link your Amazon.com account with free-2-play and MMO accounts so that you can buy things like in game currency, premium game time/subscriptions, in game items, etc. on Amazon.com using your Amazon.com payment options and have this content delivered directly into your game.

To check out the Free-2-Play games we offer you can visit our storefront here:

Free-2-Play Store

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='SelmaBlair']Those Paradox games all have pretty mediocre reviews, has anyone tried Defenders of Ardania? Is it a decent tower defense?

Also how's that Warlock game?[/QUOTE]

Warlock is awesome. I got it for like $12 when it first came out and have enjoyed it a lot. It is like Civilization but more emphasis on fighting and lots of magic and stuff. Great game, there is a demo on Steam as well.

[quote name='Scorch']As much as I love Tony and his deals, I love saving money more. I canceled my Hitman PE order for $39 on Amazon and got it through GMG for $29.[/QUOTE]

Wait a minute, a Professional Edition for $29? Can you please shed more light on it, it says $44 still. Is there a voucher/promo code for it?

EDIT: NVM, I found the voucher code via a simple google search. Hmmmm, now I need to think about this. I do like to keep all my items in as few libraries as possible.

EDIT2: It's a steam key also, wow.

[quote name='Genocidal']Read the post above mine. Thanks.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='SelmaBlair']Yeah what about it? Thanks.[/QUOTE]
Thanks for Skyrims!!!!

[quote name='SelmaBlair']Yeah what about it? Thanks.[/QUOTE]

No need to snark at posts that are being helpful and answering a question someone is asking.
[quote name='Zakart']Thanks, this sounds like a pretty neat deal. Can we expect Amazon to match it?[/QUOTE]

Probably not, Amazon doesn't match international retailers like GMG.

[quote name='Genocidal']
Probably not, Amazon doesn't match international retailers like GMG.[/QUOTE]

I see, I am still a newbie at all this multiple retailers for DD. I didn't know that GMG was an international retailer, are there any downsides to purchasing a DD game via international retailer? I usually stick with Amazon.

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']Nope, brainfart on my end, fixed now!

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

Awesome! bought :applause:

Edit : damn! :cry:

Sorry, processing is taking longer than expected.
Please do not reorder this item.
Game and Software downloads go through extra verification that may take up to 4 hours.
This process is in place to prevent unauthorized orders on your account.

Click here to check your order in Your Account

Once your order is complete, we will send you the link to access your purchase
to your registered e-mail address.
Please contact us for more information or to cancel your order.

Edit 2 : got it :D

[quote name='The End']I am pretty darn close to cancelling my Hitman Preorder with Amazon and ordering it through GMG. I have the regular edition preordered on Amazon for $35, but I could have the Professional edition on GMG for $29. I'd really like the Amazon preorder bonus, but not enough to pay $6 more for an inferior version of the game.[/QUOTE]

That's why I tried to bring Tony's attention. I don't wanna Amazon lose customers, so if they can do it (with help from Square Enix) it would be awesome
Plus I am sure Hitman Absolution will loose value and get cheaper pretty fast as with any game that are bundled with hardware (AMD promo)

[quote name='Zakart']I see, I am still a newbie at all this multiple retailers for DD. I didn't know that GMG was an international retailer, are there any downsides to purchasing a DD game via international retailer? I usually stick with Amazon.[/QUOTE]

No, since you're getting a Steam key for the NA copy all you have to do is throw it into Steam and you're good to go.

[quote name='Genocidal']No, since you're getting a Steam key for the NA copy all you have to do is throw it into Steam and you're good to go.[/QUOTE]

Much obliged, Sir.

Mr. Bezos, sincere apologies but I must cheat on you this one time (or whenever there's a better deal). Since every dollar I save on these deals is sent to feed hungry kids all around the world, i must participate in this GMG deal. (are there ever some hot girls reading these forums or what?)

btw, deal is valid until Nov 23rd. I will retire to my chambers and think about it.

[quote name='Scorch']As much as I love Tony and his deals, I love saving money more. I canceled my Hitman PE order for $39 on Amazon and got it through GMG for $29.[/QUOTE]
I'm gonna laugh my ass off when Tony gets this down to $19.99. :bouncy:

[quote name='sunasun']I'm gonna laugh my ass off when Tony gets this down to $19.99. :bouncy:[/QUOTE]

That would be amazing. I got Hitman Absolution Professional for $35 on Steam (through a trade) the 2nd day it was released as a pre-order

All the warlock and crusader kings stuff there is about 80% off with the sale and coupon code...Better than the standard 75% off, but will possibly be better in some bundle. Sorta tough to find if you're just missing a few pieces of the dlc and didn't want to buy some larger bundle.

[quote name='sunasun']I'm gonna laugh my ass off when Tony gets this down to $19.99. :bouncy:[/QUOTE]

I don't think Amazon has been able to beat GMG's launch prices for probably upwards of a year now.

I got a copy of Hitman: Absolution from that AMD promotion and have to keep reminding myself that, no, I don't need to spend $30 on another version of the same game with a few extra bells and whistles.

[quote name='radioactivez0r']I'll hold off on SS3 base as I think Tony said they'd have it for around the $6 price during BF deals, but the DLC might be worth getting now at that price.[/QUOTE]

Hmmm really? When that $6 price on Gamestop came up he said something like they've already had a lot of promotions on it... of course it would be great if it went lower than $10. But yeah, the $2.50 for the expac is probably the lowest (sans promo code stacking lining up with a discount). Part of me is a bit cautious since he might bundle it. He's cheeky like that!

Looks like the weekly deal is a "Countdown to Black Friday" thing but prices haven't flipped.

Also picked up the Jewel of the Nile DLC. 75% off plus a coupon? Can't beat that.

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']No idea man, sorry, I'll ask though. Remind me on Monday.

Also, while digging through deals I also found this:

http://www.amazon.com/Paradox-Inter...=2025&creative=165953&creativeASIN=B00A7CANFI

$9.99, sending emails now to make sure we have Steam keys for everything, will confirm.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

Tony your prices and store pages seem to be wrong for defenders of ardania. Defenders of ardania battlemagic is dlc and I believe it should be priced at 1.99 not 14.99. Also the product description on its store page for it is an exact copy of the product description for the base game. In addition I believe the base game is supposed to be 14.99 not 9.99 unless you are selling it cheaper then steam is.

I think the Warlock Power of the Serpent DLC price might be wrong also.

[quote name='Zakart']I see, I am still a newbie at all this multiple retailers for DD. I didn't know that GMG was an international retailer, are there any downsides to purchasing a DD game via international retailer? I usually stick with Amazon.[/QUOTE]

GamersGate, GreenManGaming, & GetGamesGo are the only legit international DD sites that mainstream CAGs will deal with. Both are UK based, though GG clears through Sveden. The major caveat you should know is that if you are buying with a credit card (or credit card via PayPal) your bank/credit union will ding you a fee. For my credit unions it's merely 1% of the transaction, but some people report $3 fees. Check the terms and conditions on your credit card to be sure.

Here's an example:
35. CURRENCY CONVERSION/FOREIGN TRANSACTION FEE:

Purchases and cash advances made in foreign currencies will be billed in U.S. dollars. The conversion rate in U.S. dollars will be either at the government mandated rate or a wholesale currency market rate determined by VISA® for the processing cycle in which the transaction is processed.
The currency conversion rate used by VISA® on the processing date may differ from the rate that would have been used on the purchase date or cardholder statement posting date. The Credit Union has no control over the conversion rate. In addition to the conversion rate selected by VISA®, a separate VISA International Service Assessment Fee up to 1% is charged to the Credit Union and will also appear as a separate line item on your statement.

So, some games like Quake 4 and Doom 3 will be available for download, but for Mac only? Or will the PC get some love too?

I know it's alot of work putting up all of those deals (and there are many :) ) but adding info if a game is Mac only would be even sweeter to keep the inevitable dissapointment at bay. Like...yay Doom 3 for $2.49...oh wait...tis just the Mac version...damn.

[quote name='renhoelder']So, some games like Quake 4 and Doom 3 will be available for download, but for Mac only? Or will the PC get some love too?

I know it's alot of work putting up all of those deals (and there are many :) ) but adding info if a game is Mac only would be even sweeter to keep the inevitable dissapointment at bay. Like...yay Doom 3 for $2.49...oh wait...tis just the Mac version...damn.[/QUOTE]

Oh man, I totally forgot to add Mac vs. PC in the list.

I'll start going through and figuring it out but it will be tomorrow morning. 2:00AM here, I'm going to call it a night.

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']Hi CAGs,

Starting 11/16:

Dreamcast Pack - $4.99 contains:

1. Crazy Taxi
2. Jet Set Radio
3. SEGA Bass Fishing
4. Sonic Adventure DX
5. Space Channel 5 Part 2

Jet Set Radio -4.99[/QUOTE]

Not seeing on whether or not the Jet Set Radio in the Sega Pack is Steam Activated or not. *fingers crossed that it is*

EDIT: Nevermind. I see now that it IS Steam activated, none of the other titles in that pack are though, despite being on Steam.

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']Oh man, I totally forgot to add Mac vs. PC in the list.

I'll start going through and figuring it out but it will be tomorrow morning. 2:00AM here, I'm going to call it a night.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

No worries, we all appreciate the effort you put in with the deals and with supplying CAG's with the info on upcoming deals

A round of :applause: for that

Hi Tony, any chance of getting Rage Anarchy Edition instead of RAGE Campaign Edition ( multiplayer not avaliable here right?).?

Also, can anybody tell me if Test Drive Unlimited 2 activates on steam?

Also, anything to tell about Dead Island Goty?

Regards!

[quote name='dmjohn0x']I was looking at that pack too. Worth it for the Shining Force games, Phantasy Star, and Golden Axe 3... but only if on steam.[/QUOTE]

Comix Zone, VectorMan, Ristar, Golden Axe 2 and 3, Streets Of Rage 1, 2 and 3, Shinobi,... Top games of my childhood! :D

[quote name='asheskitty']GamersGate and GreenManGaming are the only legit international DD sites that mainstream CAGs will deal with. Both are UK based, though GG clears through Sveden. The major caveat you should know is that if you are buying with a credit card (or credit card via PayPal) your bank/credit union will ding you a fee. For my credit unions it's merely 1% of the transaction, but some people report $3 fees. Check the terms and conditions on your credit card to be sure.

Here's an example:[/QUOTE]

You forgot Getgamesgo, it is in the same league and has some awesome deals sometimes. I got Serious Sam 3 BFE from there just one month after release for $9.99 (75% off) :lol:

As for conversion rate; I've always been charged in USD for the exact same amount these sites show. Getgamesgo also gives the option to pay in 3 currencies, USD, Euro or GBP

That Serious Sam 3 DLC is really awesome. Thank you again Tony :applause:

So for the Dreamcast Bundle, if only one is Steam activated, what sort of DRM do the other 4 have?

And by chance, is there a thread for people trading the THQ pack codes? Or selling the ones they don't want? I'm just looking for Space Marine and rather shell out a few dollars for that then to buy the entire pack.

Will Dead Space 2 ever get a Steam key. When it does I'll buy it.
Looking forward too the Dead Space Bundle [he types hoping] :)

[quote name='Shinoto']So for the Dreamcast Bundle, if only one is Steam activated, what sort of DRM do the other 4 have?
[/QUOTE]

Unfortunately, I think it's Starforce. I'd love for someone to prove me wrong because I'd love to buy the pack.

[quote name='RavenHD']r9800pro, did you sell your SR3 - The Franchise Pack?[/QUOTE]

Yeah, few hours ago.

Some awesome deals on Amazon. Anyone interested in soccer should grab Fifa 13, for $19.99 it is an amazing deal :applause:

[quote name='RavenHD']Tony, any chance of getting Steam codes for Sega Genesis Classic Game Pack ?

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B00A6CS0OU/ref=nosim/cheapassgam08-20

I would be on it like a squirrel on a nut!

Please make it happen. :)[/QUOTE]

[quote name='dmjohn0x']I was looking at that pack too. Worth it for the Shining Force games, Phantasy Star, and Golden Axe 3... but only if on steam.[/QUOTE]

+1 here! I've been waiting for a deal like that for such a long time...

Tony, please!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back