Amazon PCDD $12.49 Walking Dead ($7.49 after coupon)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amazon DVG Deals

Official Representative
Feedback
4 (100%)
Hi CAGs,

I'll be posting deals we're running on Digital Games (PC/Mac, Free to Play, Sony/Microsoft Points/Subs).

I'm also here to answer questions you might have, get you closer to the developers by hosting Q&As, setting up podcasts, live streaming gameplay etc. If I don't respond to a question you have in thread please send me a PM. These ping my email address and make it more likely that I will see your question and respond more quickly.

FYI. EA Games sold by Amazon will not activate on Steam.

Digital Holiday

1/5-1/12

The Walking Dead - $12.49 ($7.49 post coupon)

1/11-1/13:

Alice: Madness Returns: The Complete Collection - $11.99 pre coupon (6.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Dragon Age Pack PC - $12.99 pre-coupon ($7.99 after coupon) - not Steam

1/18-1/20:

Need for Speed: The Run - $8.99 ($3.99 after coupon) - not Steam
EA Sports Classic Pack - $8.99 ($3.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Syndicate - $9.99 ($4.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Crysis Maximum Maximum -$17.99 ($12.99 after coupon) - not Steam

1/13-1/19:

Tantalizing THQ Medley - $11.99 pre coupon ($6.99 after coupon) - Steam

1/11-1/12:

Darksiders Franchise Pack - $13.19 before coupon ($8.19 after coupon) - Steam
Saints Row The Third: The Full Package - $12.49 pre coupon ($7.49 after coupon) - Steam

1/29-1/31:

Burning Hot Bundle - $11.99 ($6.99 after coupon)

F.A.Q.S.:

1. Does the game I'm buying from Amazon Activate on Steam/Origin/Uplay? What DRM does the game use?

There are two places to identify DRM on a digital video game detail page:

At the top of the page, below the title:

16hm7a8.png

In the "Product Description" section:

r06ykl.jpg

2. Note on Electronic Arts Games - For the most part, EA games sold on Amazon do not activate on Steam. Most activate on Origin.

3. Note on DRM with limited activations:

Our Policy

4. Sometimes I'll do giveaways.

5. I work with developers and publishers to get fun (or at least what I think is fun) content to share with you all. Here are some examples:

a. Check out the Pax Gameplay videos here: Xcom: Enemy Unknown I played Xcom with Jake, the Creative Director for the game, a few months before the game came out Also, on this page, check out the Q&A, also a community driven event.

b. Check out the interview on this page: Borderlands 2 we did this interview at E3 with Randy Pitchford this year.

c. We've partnered with the ++GoodGames Podcast to feature many of the games we carry. They talk to the developers about the game development process, how the games are conceptualized and managed, all kinds of fun stuff. I'm working on putting together full link list and will update when I have it.

What else do we sell?

Xbox Live Points and Subscriptions:

1600 Microsoft Live Points
4000 Microsoft Live Points
12 Month XBOX Live Subscription
3 Month XBOX Live Subscription]
12 Month + 1 XBOX Live Subscription

PSN+ Subscriptions and PSN Points:

$20 PSN Points
$50 PSN Points
12 Month PSN+ Subscription
3 Month PSN+ Subscription

We also have a Free-2-Play store supported by our GameConnect technology. Gameconnect allows you to link your Amazon.com account with free-2-play and MMO accounts so that you can buy things like in game currency, premium game time/subscriptions, in game items, etc. on Amazon.com using your Amazon.com payment options and have this content delivered directly into your game.

To check out the Free-2-Play games we offer you can visit our storefront here:

Free-2-Play Store

Last edited by a moderator:
List of sale games which activate on STEAM. Posted at NeoGAF, credit to Xelios.

-------------------------------------------------------

100% confirmed Steam keys according to Amazon pages -- WORK IN PROGRESS. [highlight]Civilization Mac codes give you the Windows version as well -- CONFIRMED.[/highlight] If a game is MAC and activates on Steam you will get the Windows version as well in almost all cases. Thanks to Isaccard for the early heads up on the links so I could get started.

Starting 11/16 until ???:

Starting 11/18 - 11/25:

Payday: The Heist series: (Unknown dates - thanks to 7extonly)

Serious Sam Series: (Unknown dates - thanks to 7extonly)

Starting 11/18-11/24:

Starting 11/18-11/25:

Starting 11/18-11/26:

Starting 11/19-11/20:

11/23:

11/23-11/26:

11/23-11/25:

• Pint Sized Paradox Package - $5.99 Contains:

• Crusader Kings II: Dynasty Shields DLC Pack
      [*]Crusader Kings II: Mongols DLC Pack
      [*]Crusader Kings II: Ruler Designer DLC
      [*]Crusader Kings II: Songs of Albion DLC
      [*]Crusader Kings II: Songs of Faith DLC
      [*]Crusader Kings II: Songs of the Holy Land DLC
      [*]Majesty 2 Collection
      [*]Majesty Gold - HD
      [*]Warlock: Master of the Arcane

• Plentiful Paradox Package - $9.99 Contains:

• Crusader Kings II
      [*]Magicka Collection
      [*]Magicka: The Stars Are Left DLC
      [*]Sword of the Stars - Complete Collection
      [*]Sword of the Stars II: Lords of Winter
      [*]Victoria II

11/24-11/25:

11/26:

Its confirmed in that NeoGAF thread that you get the Windows copy as well. I would highly recommend Gods and Kings. It breathes a lot of life back into Civ 5 and you'll find yourself losing hours and hours again. Now I feel like playing some Civ again.

Still waiting on Max Payne and XCom. I hope we see those soon.

Can someone help me? I want to check how much $5 coupons I have.
When I enter here and "Check my Balance" it shows nothing. I know I had some email telling me I had some coupons but I made a mistake and deleted all my emails (I bought many games yesterday and even today).

[quote name='ochentay4']Can someone help me? I want to check how much $5 coupons I have.
When I enter here and "Check my Balance" it shows nothing. I know I had some email telling me I had some coupons but I made a mistake and deleted all my emails (I bought many games yesterday and even today).[/QUOTE]

They will not show up or be usable until January.

Email:

[quote name='Amazon']Thank you for your purchase from Amazon.com. It is our pleasure to let you know that you have earned a $5 credit toward the purchase of select game downloads starting 1/1/2013 and good through 1/31/2012. To redeem your reward, simply visit http://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.html/?docId=1000728511 in January 2013, click "Buy and Download", and your promotional code will automatically be applied to your game download. Qualifying codes for this promotion may only be used one at a time.[/QUOTE]

I want to buy the Dreamcast pack for my kids... mainly for Sonic Adv. DX... are the other games good? Crazy Taxy and Jet Set Radio looks like something they will play... how is Space Channel 5?

Also, what about the DRM (besides JSR)?

[quote name='juanjava']I want to buy the Dreamcast pack for my kids... mainly for Sonic Adv. DX... are the other games good? Crazy Taxy and Jet Set Radio looks like something they will play... how is Space Channel 5?

Also, what about the DRM (besides JSR)?[/QUOTE]Activation based DLC, someone said starforce. It's easy to use.

As for how the games are, they're all classics and fun.

I have been waiting for Rollercoaster Tycoon Platinum to go on sell and for 5 bucks you can't go wrong. Takes me back to being young again playing the first Rollercoaster Tycoon.

[quote name='Darrith']They will not show up or be usable until January.

Email:[/QUOTE]

Thanks, so there is no easy way to tell how much do we have available till January.

[quote name='asheskitty']GamersGate, GreenManGaming, & GetGamesGo are the only legit international DD sites that mainstream CAGs will deal with. [/QUOTE]
Gamesplanet is fine, I bought Mass Effect 3 there. Actually that might be the store that manually verifies your order during business hours before sending the key... that sucked.

[quote name='Das_Regal']Activation based DLC, someone said starforce. It's easy to use.

As for how the games are, they're all classics and fun.[/QUOTE]

I had no problem w/ StarForce activation DRM for The Precursors (From Gamersgate) - once I actually got my key from GG, since everybody ordered the hell out of it last time it went on sale! :p

But, any StarForce Disc-Based DRM is awful - stay AWAY from it!
That used to install OS-specific drivers (so if they don't updated drivers or remove DRM-check in a patch, it might NOT run on future OS's just b/c of that);
actually spun the hell faster and slower out of your disc-drive and tried to measure if disc was the "right size";
could cause disc-drive to be spun into non-existence;
could cause your disc to be shattered to pieces;
could force your OS to reboot if it couldn't pass the disc DRM check (even if your disc was in the drive!);
could cause some issues w/ security on Windows systems;
and all kinds of other insanity.

[quote name='MysterD']@Tony or anybody that bought this....
What is the DRM in the Sega Genesis Classic Collection Packs?[/QUOTE]

I would lean towards DRM free. I bought it and there is no serial or anything. You just DL the installer, install, and the games run through an emulator interface. I finally bit with all 5 for $4.99 :)

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']I would lean towards DRM free. I bought it and there is no serial or anything. You just DL the installer, install, and the games run through an emulator interface. I finally bit with all 5 for $4.99 :)[/QUOTE]

Awesome! Thanks! :D

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']I would lean towards DRM free. I bought it and there is no serial or anything. You just DL the installer, install, and the games run through an emulator interface. I finally bit with all 5 for $4.99 :)[/QUOTE]

I have heard that some people have some problems getting their gamepads configured correctly with the Sega emulator on this bundle. I can't verify it though.

[quote name='ParticleReality']I gotta hope the big deals are going to be announced later. I'm not seeing a ton here that's really jumping out at me.[/QUOTE]

Me too. Holding for now. I would've probably jumped on a non first person THQ bundle (didn't pick up the current one).

Maybe later this week...we can have more super bundles.

With lack of time and my backlog, I'm not as motivated anymore even with 75% off :(

edit: That said, I think for people with more time, 75% is a great price! :)

i know there were more mentioned previously, like the WB Kombat Pack. Tony originally said that it would be out "around black friday". Not sure if that will be on Black Friday or earlier/later. Also the talks of Modern Warfare 2 and Black Ops pack was mentioned.

I'm looking forward to seeing if any of those deals happen.

[quote name='vince_carter']Holding out hope for max payne 3 or dark souls[/QUOTE]

This. i'm dissappointed I missed the last sale for DS :cold:

[quote name='MysterD']@Tony or anybody that bought this....
What is the DRM in the Sega Genesis Classic Collection Packs?[/QUOTE]

DRM Free, also, everyone, that is not the final list. I'm just out of space in the first 2 posts so I'll start moving stuff around/getting rid of some of the stuff in the super long list to call out clear leaders in the OP.

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='ParticleReality']I gotta hope the big deals are going to be announced later. I'm not seeing a ton here that's really jumping out at me.[/QUOTE]

Yep there will be more as the week goes on. Like the return of the KOA Bundle for $12, the ME+ME 2 +DAO:U+DA2 bundle for $14.99, the WB Combat pack, the Batman pack we ran before, the Harry Batman Pack, a bunch of stuff from Take 2 and Rockstar, 50% off BF Premium, $20 Need for Speed Most Wanted, $29.99 Medal of Honor Warfighter, a KILLLER deal on Dark Souls for those who missed it last time ($15), and more.

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='powersurge']so its confirmed then? You buy civ 5 gods and kings [mac] and it activates the windows version also on steam?[/quote]

[highlight]Yes[/highlight]

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']Yep there will be more as the week goes on. Like the return of the KOA Bundle for $12, the ME+ME 2 +DAO:U+DA2 bundle for $14.99, the WB Combat pack, the Batman pack we ran before, the Harry Batman Pack, a bunch of stuff from Take 2 and Rockstar, 50% off BF Premium, $20 Need for Speed Most Wanted, $29.99 Medal of Honor Warfighter, a KILLLER deal on Dark Souls for those who missed it last time ($15), and more.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

Holy shit, Dark Souls for $15? I've got to buy it now. I'm already getting Dishonored for $25, Dark Souls for $15 , and Max Payne 3 + Plus season pass for whatever Tony's gonna sell it for.

If I can get a good deal on Skyrim for PC my holiday shopping shopping experience will be complete.

I was happy to see the list in the OP. Otherwise I wouldn't have seen all the Simulators on sale :)

Probably buying a few against my better judgment. Most reviews seem to indicate they are buggy messes, but Woodcutter Simulator? Gotta have it!

I kinda lost track of what's going on with the Sega Action Only Pack. Last thing I know is that every game comes with a Steam key except for Condemned - or is there a chance it will get a Steam key, too?

Anyone care to enlighten me?

[quote name='pottering']A full-Steam redeemable Dreamcast Collection including Jet Set Radio would be VERY appealing to me.[/QUOTE]

Yeah. I bought the current pack anyway, but it looks like JSR is the only one I can redeem on Steam. I don't know what the other 4 games DRM is yet.

[quote name='slithy']What about ME3?[/QUOTE]
Tony said no ME3 for BF week when I asked earlier. Hopefully it will be one of the January deals that the credit is good on.

Aw man. I was excited about Beyond Good & Evil and S.T.A.L.K.E.R. - Call of Pripyat. I checked before purchasing both that they were on Steam, but I guess I should have checked the actual product page, because BG&E doesn't even come with a product key and S.T.A.L.K.E.R. isn't redeemable on Steam.

Great games at great prices, but I wanted to add them to my Steam backlog with intent to play them, and honestly, I'll probably forget all about them in my Amazon library thing now and they'll just sit. I probably wouldn't have bought them either knowing they weren't Steam redeemable. Yes, I'm a Steam whore.

Anyway to get Steam keys for these since they are available on Steam?

None the less, nice sale here Tony.

[quote name='sunghost']You could've obtained it from Groupees Be Mine 5 for $1 and gotten more games along with it. Blades of Time is a much better game anyway, and it's also on sale. I don't believe the Amazon version of X-Blades comes with a steam key.[/QUOTE]

Pretty sure I've seen some people still selling it in the Steam Group Buy Thread for around $1.

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']DRM Free, also, everyone, that is not the final list. I'm just out of space in the first 2 posts so I'll start moving stuff around/getting rid of some of the stuff in the super long list to call out clear leaders in the OP.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]
Thanks, Tony and CheapLikeAFox!

I saw what CheapLikeAFox said and I bought it before you replied.
Yeah, it sure it DRM-FREE - as I've installed them into their own folder and there's no serial key or anything!
AWESOME! :D

Now, here's what interesting - I was actually gifted Virtual Fighter 2 (Genesis version) over Steam, which is part of this Sega Genesis Collection.
If you already own any of the Sega Collection on Steam - I accidentally did this and noticed this, you can actually install these Amazon DVG DRM-FREE versions right into your Steam folder for the Collection also, if you want! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back