Amazon PCDD $12.49 Walking Dead ($7.49 after coupon)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amazon DVG Deals

Official Representative
Feedback
4 (100%)
Hi CAGs,

I'll be posting deals we're running on Digital Games (PC/Mac, Free to Play, Sony/Microsoft Points/Subs).

I'm also here to answer questions you might have, get you closer to the developers by hosting Q&As, setting up podcasts, live streaming gameplay etc. If I don't respond to a question you have in thread please send me a PM. These ping my email address and make it more likely that I will see your question and respond more quickly.

FYI. EA Games sold by Amazon will not activate on Steam.

Digital Holiday

1/5-1/12

The Walking Dead - $12.49 ($7.49 post coupon)

1/11-1/13:

Alice: Madness Returns: The Complete Collection - $11.99 pre coupon (6.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Dragon Age Pack PC - $12.99 pre-coupon ($7.99 after coupon) - not Steam

1/18-1/20:

Need for Speed: The Run - $8.99 ($3.99 after coupon) - not Steam
EA Sports Classic Pack - $8.99 ($3.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Syndicate - $9.99 ($4.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Crysis Maximum Maximum -$17.99 ($12.99 after coupon) - not Steam

1/13-1/19:

Tantalizing THQ Medley - $11.99 pre coupon ($6.99 after coupon) - Steam

1/11-1/12:

Darksiders Franchise Pack - $13.19 before coupon ($8.19 after coupon) - Steam
Saints Row The Third: The Full Package - $12.49 pre coupon ($7.49 after coupon) - Steam

1/29-1/31:

Burning Hot Bundle - $11.99 ($6.99 after coupon)

F.A.Q.S.:

1. Does the game I'm buying from Amazon Activate on Steam/Origin/Uplay? What DRM does the game use?

There are two places to identify DRM on a digital video game detail page:

At the top of the page, below the title:

16hm7a8.png

In the "Product Description" section:

r06ykl.jpg

2. Note on Electronic Arts Games - For the most part, EA games sold on Amazon do not activate on Steam. Most activate on Origin.

3. Note on DRM with limited activations:

Our Policy

4. Sometimes I'll do giveaways.

5. I work with developers and publishers to get fun (or at least what I think is fun) content to share with you all. Here are some examples:

a. Check out the Pax Gameplay videos here: Xcom: Enemy Unknown I played Xcom with Jake, the Creative Director for the game, a few months before the game came out Also, on this page, check out the Q&A, also a community driven event.

b. Check out the interview on this page: Borderlands 2 we did this interview at E3 with Randy Pitchford this year.

c. We've partnered with the ++GoodGames Podcast to feature many of the games we carry. They talk to the developers about the game development process, how the games are conceptualized and managed, all kinds of fun stuff. I'm working on putting together full link list and will update when I have it.

What else do we sell?

Xbox Live Points and Subscriptions:

1600 Microsoft Live Points
4000 Microsoft Live Points
12 Month XBOX Live Subscription
3 Month XBOX Live Subscription]
12 Month + 1 XBOX Live Subscription

PSN+ Subscriptions and PSN Points:

$20 PSN Points
$50 PSN Points
12 Month PSN+ Subscription
3 Month PSN+ Subscription

We also have a Free-2-Play store supported by our GameConnect technology. Gameconnect allows you to link your Amazon.com account with free-2-play and MMO accounts so that you can buy things like in game currency, premium game time/subscriptions, in game items, etc. on Amazon.com using your Amazon.com payment options and have this content delivered directly into your game.

To check out the Free-2-Play games we offer you can visit our storefront here:

Free-2-Play Store

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='puzurinsusinak']Am I the only one who thinks that Ubisoft has dropped the ball on promoting the AssCreed franchise? I would have expected some face-melting deals on the older titles, both to wring some more dollars out of IP that's getting a little long in the tooth and to gin up interest in the new game. Instead, we're seeing $5 for 1 & 2. I can pick that up at my leisure at a big box store. And more than $10 for the tepidly-reviewed Revelations? No thanks. $5 for Brotherhood is an okay deal, but sticking it between two crap deals doesn't make it any less of a crap sandwich.

The games that I've picked up in Amazon bundles in the last 30 days alone will keep me busy for the better part of a year. AssCreed may well fall by the wayside.[/QUOTE]

I'm going to play devil's advocate and guess this is might be what UbiSoft's thinking:

"Why drop the price majorly on their AC games...
...when AC3 consoles is selling VERY well & AC3 PC is right around the corner?

Gamers are just going to buy-up anything AC related thrown their way!

If many gamers go out and are behind on AC series already and need to catch up on those and pick those up VERY cheap, why the heck would they drop $60 on AC3?
They'd be too busy playing the other AC games and will likely wait for price-drop on AC3."

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']Speaking of crap sandwiches, Agricultural Simulator 2011 Gold is unavailable, any chance of getting that back in stock Tony?[/QUOTE]

That's not a crap sandwich, its crap bread but with a juicy delicious middle :)

Don't let your expectations get out of line. AC are all AAA current gen games.
You can get the first four games for $20 or the first three for $10. Those are pretty good "bundle" prices.

I'm not even seeing where these prices are coming from. The OP isn't updated I guess.

[quote name='puzurinsusinak']Am I the only one who thinks that Ubisoft has dropped the ball on promoting the AssCreed franchise? I would have expected some face-melting deals on the older titles, both to wring some more dollars out of IP that's getting a little long in the tooth and to gin up interest in the new game. Instead, we're seeing $5 for 1 & 2. I can pick that up at my leisure at a big box store. And more than $10 for the tepidly-reviewed Revelations? No thanks. $5 for Brotherhood is an okay deal, but sticking it between two crap deals doesn't make it any less of a crap sandwich.

The games that I've picked up in Amazon bundles in the last 30 days alone will keep me busy for the better part of a year. AssCreed may well fall by the wayside.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Satoru']That's not a crap sandwich, its crap bread but with a juicy delicious middle :)[/QUOTE]

Here's my thoughts on AC series, so far...

AC1 was good, but VERY flawed and repetitive (especially on the side-quests).
AC2 was absolutely amazing and improved in every single way over the original AC.
AC:B was very good - some improvements in gameplay, but story is nowhere as amazing as AC2.

AC:R...I don't know when I'll actually finish it. I wasn't impressed w/ the new Tower Defense missions and Desmond's Portal-like puzzles.

[quote name='MysterD']I'm going to play devil's advocate and guess this is might be what UbiSoft's thinking:

"Why drop the price majorly on their AC games...
...when AC3 consoles is selling VERY well & AC3 PC is right around the corner?

Gamers are just going to buy-up anything AC related thrown their way!

If many gamers go out and are behind on AC series already and need to catch up on those and pick those up VERY cheap, why the heck would they drop $60 on AC3?
They'd be too busy playing the other AC games and will likely wait for price-drop on AC3."[/QUOTE]
This, plus...

In my opinion you really can't/don't want to play the AC series back to back. About a year after playing AC2 I played AC:B, and about 8 months later I'm plowing through AC:R (almost done, Sequence 8). That might seem a bit long intervals to some, but the gameplay is very similar and I tend to spend 40-45 hours on each. Thus some AC-virgin who picks up AC2, AC:B, or AC:R isn't as likely to pickup AC3 for Xmas. Just me experience, you may disagree, but remember: you are not me. ^_~

[quote name='MysterD']Here's my thoughts on AC series, so far...

AC2 was absolutely amazing and improved in every single way over the original AC.
AC:B was very good - some improvements in gameplay, but story is nowhere as amazing as AC2.

AC:R...I don't know when I'll actually finish it. I wasn't impressed w/ the new Tower Defense missions and Desmond's Portal-like puzzles.[/QUOTE]

Yep, that pretty much sums it up. Now sticky that bad Oscar.

Edit: I meant to add that I've tried a few times to play and/or finish AC:R and just get kind bored with it.

As much as I like your rant, purchasing Assassin's Creed 3 also entitled people to a 50% discount on most sites. That 50% stacked on top of other promotions the websites were running. As such, I got all four previous titles to gift to a friend on GamersGate for a grand total of $15.80.

[quote name='MysterD']AC1 was good, but VERY flawed and repetitive (especially on the side-quests).
AC:R...I don't know when I'll actually finish it. I wasn't impressed w/ the new Tower Defense missions and Desmond's Portal-like puzzles.[/QUOTE]

I completely agree on AC2 and AC:B. I haven't played AC1 yet.

I'm almost done with AC:R (in Sequence 8), my impressions are that it falls somewhat short of AC:B. It's not a bad entry, but more of an underachieving sequel. The map/buildings/rooftops of Istanbul feel bland after the truly amazing Venice (AC2) and fun to run around in (even with a horse though pedestrians) Rome (AC:B). The Istanbul map lacks variety. The Tower Defense minigame isn't my thing (a common opinion on the forums) but can be ignored after the easy tutorial. The totally optional Desmond memories (silly roaming through VR rooms and portal-lite style with a dribble of storytelling) are dull. Bomb crafting has been expanded, and gives one a few more tactical options. Story wise, it didn't grab me at the start but by halfway it started to build momentum.

TL;DR AC:R is AC:B with a less interesting/fun city, no ponies, no templar lairs, some avoidable and uninteresting minigames, and expanded bomb options. It's a bit of letdown from its predecessor, but still a okay entry in the series. Think of it as filler between AC:B and AC3

I disagree.

AC1, 2 and Bro @ $5 and Rev @ $10 is still the lowest price point for these games; I can't really see how you can just go out to a big retailer and pick them up at your leisure at these prices; Assassin's Creed series just does not go on big sales very often [perhaps twice a year]. For $5 each, your getting a lot of hours of gaming at a low price [it took me 10 hours to beat AC1, 20 to beat AC2, and I'm 15 hours into AC:Bro].

You also need to realize your dealing with a big publisher like Ubisoft. As with other big publishers, their games usually never go any lower than the $5 price point.

I understand we've seen some unbelievable bundles coming from Amazon. But when a legitimate deal is presented to us, we can't be disappointed just because we're not getting 5 games for $10.

[quote name='UW_Shocks']we can't be disappointed just because we're not getting 5 games for $10.[/QUOTE]

I agree, I'm disappointed because they don't activate on steam though...

[quote name='MysterD']Here's my thoughts on AC series, so far...

But I was talking about Agriculturer Simulator 2011 Gold...

What are these AC games people keep talking about? Is that like Agriculture Clone or something? The world needs more farming games that's for sure.:)

[quote name='Satoru']But I was talking about Agriculturer Simulator 2011 Gold...

What are these AC games people keep talking about? Is that like Agriculture Clone or something? The world needs more farming games that's for sure.:)[/QUOTE]

Assassin's Creed.

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']Update! Tomorrow, 11/21, we'll have Dead Island GOTY for $6.79, Risen for $4.99, and Risen 2 for $9.99.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

Risen 2 $9.99? Yes! What about DLC? Any bundle? Thanks Tony!

[quote name='DarkZero104']Question on the Risen games, DRM or not? Not sure if there's a DRM-free version of 2 but 1's been like that quite a bit.[/QUOTE]

Risen 1 is DRM-FREE. I know this because I own Risen 1 from Amazon. Amazon was actually the retailer that got Deep Silver rolling the ball on getting rid of T@GES that was in Risen [see server activation issues].

Risen 2 only has STEAM DRM.

[quote name='br26']so if i buy the Civ V gods and kings expansion for mac i still get the windows version right?[/QUOTE]

Absolutely yes. It's SteamPlay so you get both.

[quote name='br26']so if i buy the Civ V gods and kings expansion for mac i still get the windows version right?[/QUOTE]

This must have been asked 50 times in the last 24 hours.

[quote name='SelmaBlair']This must have been asked 50 times in the last 24 hours.[/QUOTE]

and i was reaffiriming that since it was down previously and was back up again today. i wanted to make sure nothing changed.

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']Update! Tomorrow, 11/21, we'll have Dead Island GOTY for $6.79, Risen for $4.99, and Risen 2 for $9.99.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

That Risen 2 is mine :D

DLCs too please

Is there any chance of a Sonic bundle appearing in the future at some point? It seems like a great series for one with all of the standalone games and sequels it has.

[quote name='Devasive']Is there any chance of a Sonic bundle appearing in the future at some point? It seems like a great series for one with all of the standalone games and sequels it has.[/QUOTE]

www.amazon.com/dp/B00A6CS1M6 - $24.99 11/23-11/24

Plus 2 more Gems:

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00AAHSFAK - $9.99 11/23-11/26

Also during 11/23-11/26 the Paradox War Chest moved from $9.99 to $7.49 and contains:

1. Achtung Panzer 1943 - Not Steam
2. Gettysburg Armored Warfare - Steam
3. Victoria II - Steam
4. Victoria II - A house divided - Steam
5. Hearts of Iron III Collection - Steam
6. King Arthur Collections - Steam
7. King Arthur II - Steam

Cheers,
Tony

Bought CSI: Crime Intent. The last I played was Hard Evidence, and was a very good game... I heard Crime Intent is the best of the series... and I'm a CSI fan xD

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']www.amazon.com/dp/B00A6CS1M6 - $24.99 11/23-11/24

Plus 2 more Gems:

Also during 11/23-11/26 the Paradox War Chest moved from $9.99 to $7.49 and contains:

3. Victoria II - Steam

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

I can't believe you managed to further drop the price on the Paradox War Chest, that's really amazing! Thanks man

[quote name='GamingKnight']I got $5 promotional credit after buying something *except* I can't use it until January. Them's the breaks.[/QUOTE]

Welcome to the thread.

[quote name='KaOTiK']Hey Tony, has the 1C bundle coming along? lol, sorry had too :p[/QUOTE]

I thought we all agreed not to mention the 1c collection anymore after the noodle incident ... I still have nightmares about that day.

[quote name='Rerujnoc']I thought we all agreed not to mention the 1c collection anymore after the noodle incident ... I still have nightmares about that day.[/QUOTE]

Only the weak can't handle the noodles.

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']www.amazon.com/dp/B00A6CS1M6 - $24.99 11/23-11/24

Plus 2 more Gems:

3. Victoria II - Steam

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

Wasn't it always $7.49?
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showpost.php?p=10128717&postcount=4031
Anyways, thanks for specifying which ones have steam keys and not!

Oh I just realized that Risen 2 normal price is $29.99 and not $49.99 anymore, so I guess $7.49 would be a better price :p

Maybe Risen 2 + The 3 DLCs Bundle for $9.99 - $12.49 :lol:

For the holidays the local supermarket chain is giving $0.20/gal off on gas for each $50 in gift card purchases, and they carry Amazon gift cards. Bring it on, Tony.

Hi Tony,

Not sure if it's already rectified, but the $5 credit promo email shows this:

"Thank you for your purchase from Amazon.com. It is our pleasure to let you know that you have earned a $5 credit toward the purchase of select game downloads starting 1/1/2013 and good through 1/31/2012"

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back