Amazon PCDD $12.49 Walking Dead ($7.49 after coupon)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amazon DVG Deals

Official Representative
Feedback
4 (100%)
Hi CAGs,

I'll be posting deals we're running on Digital Games (PC/Mac, Free to Play, Sony/Microsoft Points/Subs).

I'm also here to answer questions you might have, get you closer to the developers by hosting Q&As, setting up podcasts, live streaming gameplay etc. If I don't respond to a question you have in thread please send me a PM. These ping my email address and make it more likely that I will see your question and respond more quickly.

FYI. EA Games sold by Amazon will not activate on Steam.

Digital Holiday

1/5-1/12

The Walking Dead - $12.49 ($7.49 post coupon)

1/11-1/13:

Alice: Madness Returns: The Complete Collection - $11.99 pre coupon (6.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Dragon Age Pack PC - $12.99 pre-coupon ($7.99 after coupon) - not Steam

1/18-1/20:

Need for Speed: The Run - $8.99 ($3.99 after coupon) - not Steam
EA Sports Classic Pack - $8.99 ($3.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Syndicate - $9.99 ($4.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Crysis Maximum Maximum -$17.99 ($12.99 after coupon) - not Steam

1/13-1/19:

Tantalizing THQ Medley - $11.99 pre coupon ($6.99 after coupon) - Steam

1/11-1/12:

Darksiders Franchise Pack - $13.19 before coupon ($8.19 after coupon) - Steam
Saints Row The Third: The Full Package - $12.49 pre coupon ($7.49 after coupon) - Steam

1/29-1/31:

Burning Hot Bundle - $11.99 ($6.99 after coupon)

F.A.Q.S.:

1. Does the game I'm buying from Amazon Activate on Steam/Origin/Uplay? What DRM does the game use?

There are two places to identify DRM on a digital video game detail page:

At the top of the page, below the title:

16hm7a8.png

In the "Product Description" section:

r06ykl.jpg

2. Note on Electronic Arts Games - For the most part, EA games sold on Amazon do not activate on Steam. Most activate on Origin.

3. Note on DRM with limited activations:

Our Policy

4. Sometimes I'll do giveaways.

5. I work with developers and publishers to get fun (or at least what I think is fun) content to share with you all. Here are some examples:

a. Check out the Pax Gameplay videos here: Xcom: Enemy Unknown I played Xcom with Jake, the Creative Director for the game, a few months before the game came out Also, on this page, check out the Q&A, also a community driven event.

b. Check out the interview on this page: Borderlands 2 we did this interview at E3 with Randy Pitchford this year.

c. We've partnered with the ++GoodGames Podcast to feature many of the games we carry. They talk to the developers about the game development process, how the games are conceptualized and managed, all kinds of fun stuff. I'm working on putting together full link list and will update when I have it.

What else do we sell?

Xbox Live Points and Subscriptions:

1600 Microsoft Live Points
4000 Microsoft Live Points
12 Month XBOX Live Subscription
3 Month XBOX Live Subscription]
12 Month + 1 XBOX Live Subscription

PSN+ Subscriptions and PSN Points:

$20 PSN Points
$50 PSN Points
12 Month PSN+ Subscription
3 Month PSN+ Subscription

We also have a Free-2-Play store supported by our GameConnect technology. Gameconnect allows you to link your Amazon.com account with free-2-play and MMO accounts so that you can buy things like in game currency, premium game time/subscriptions, in game items, etc. on Amazon.com using your Amazon.com payment options and have this content delivered directly into your game.

To check out the Free-2-Play games we offer you can visit our storefront here:

Free-2-Play Store

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']Looking at these, are they all $.49 roughly?

If so that's why, we generally don't sell stuff for less than 50 cents so if you're looking at getting these, Steam is your place.[/QUOTE]

I don't understand what you are saying here. You were price matching them but now you're not? You are not now and never were going to price match because they are so cheap?

[quote name='hal']I don't understand what you are saying here. You were price matching them but now you're not? You are not now and never were going to price match because they are so cheap?[/QUOTE]

I think that's basically what he's saying.

[quote name='DeliveryPizza']I ordered BF 3 Premium Edition earlier today on Gamestop digital download. They gave me 2 keys. The longer key is for the original BF 3 game. The shorter key is for the Premium service. I only needed the premium service, so I only redeemed that code. I'll be selling the code for the original BF 3 game.

Edit: I actually went on Origin live chat after I bought it to confirm what the 2 keys were. You can just type them your keys and they can tell you what games they are. Took about 5 minutes.[/QUOTE]

Awesome! You just saved me a trip to hell.

EA Support is top notch. They used to give away free games for your troubles.

For those asking about the pricing of the Editor's Choice list, there is no telling what they will be priced at come January.

The games will default to their regular price on Amazon, which fluctuates.

If there is a sale on the games come January or possible some sort of price match to Steam then there is a chance for some good deals, but nothing is guaranteed.

There will likely be some good deals to be had, but last year many of the best deals sold out pretty quickly so there is a risk involved.

[quote name='UW_Shocks']Here's a hidden Gem, Rome Total War Gold for 99 cents.
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00405RA04

I know it's part of the SEGA TW Bundle, but I thought some may want to know it's on a stand alone sale by itself.[/QUOTE]

The other expansion, Alexander, is also on sale -- for $1.99. It doesn't add that much, but it's a nice pickup if you get the original game with its first expansion (i.e. the "Gold" package).

http://www.amazon.com/Rome-Total-Alexander-Expansion-Download/dp/B00405RA3Q/

Nice stuff so far on Editor's Choice list -- pretty much what I was expecting. Always a risk that they won't be any 'double up' deals to be had with price matching + coupon but... sometimes you gotta roll the hard six! This is high stakes Storage Wars type of drama here -- I'm taking my chances!

[quote name='Neuro5i5']That must be the first time I've seen that publicly stated...ever. :whistle2:s[/QUOTE]

It's been really hit or miss for me. I wouldn't go so far as to say top notch, but after trying a handful of times, eventually I found someone who was able to do a manual hack to in essence merge my two Origin accounts, and transfer my purchase of NFS:HP over to the main account.

The problem is it took me 3+ months of trying to get a rep that could do this for me. So like I said, hit or miss.

[quote name='hal']I don't understand what you are saying here. You were price matching them but now you're not? You are not now and never were going to price match because they are so cheap?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='sunghost']I think that's basically what he's saying.[/QUOTE]

Yes and no. Basically we don't sell stuff for less than $.49 unless we've planned to, there are a battery of reasons behind this.

As for the flip flop between match and not match, we had a new person start recently that wasn't aware of the rule until after the match was made. Once it was caught we reversed.

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='Mooby']Nice stuff so far on Editor's Choice list -- pretty much what I was expecting. Always a risk that they won't be any 'double up' deals to be had with price matching + coupon but... sometimes you gotta roll the hard six! This is high stakes Storage Wars type of drama here -- I'm taking my chances![/QUOTE]

Agreed. Stock piling on promo codes lol

[quote name='Genocidal']It's been really hit or miss for me. I wouldn't go so far as to say top notch, but after trying a handful of times, eventually I found someone who was able to do a manual hack to in essence merge my two Origin accounts, and transfer my purchase of NFS:HP over to the main account.

The problem is it took me 3+ months of trying to get a rep that could do this for me. So like I said, hit or miss.[/QUOTE]

Well what you asked for is way too much for any digital service and yet EA did just that. EA actually merge accounts?!? I would call that top notch support right there!! :applause:

It is top notch (to me) compared to all other digital download service. Amazon Support is right up there though. Thanks to Tony.

Well, in a perfect world I wouldn't have had two accounts in the first place, or had to contact support to unlink my XBL account from my Origin account (Steam lets you unlink Facebook at any time, for example)... but that's a long, boring story for another thread.

Tony,

Any chance we see a King's Bounty deal/pack in the next few days? Seems late, to be sure- and there may be a steam price match before it's all done... but amazon had an excellent value on King's Bounty Platinum earlier this year around May/June. Just checking!

[quote name='Mooby']Yeah that's the problem I gotta actually buy some stuff first![/QUOTE]

Spent around $10 for $25 worth of credit so far lol. $30 total with the Dead Island buy, buying strictly Steam keys tho haha.

This scares me...
Amazon reserves the right to change or terminate this promotion at any time.

Amazon reserves the right to change or terminate this promotion at any time.

it more of a fail safe incase anyone try expliot thier system with a promotion that would cost them too much an not worth trying too honor

[quote name='Darrith']If anyone wants to sell me their Victoria II - A House Divided or Naval War: Arctic Circle key for Paypal send me a PM.[/QUOTE]

I think I saw someone selling their Naval War key in the Steam Trade thread so you should check there and see if they still have it.

[quote name='Katiklysm']Tony,

Any chance we see a King's Bounty deal/pack in the next few days? Seems late, to be sure- and there may be a steam price match before it's all done... but amazon had an excellent value on King's Bounty Platinum earlier this year around May/June. Just checking![/QUOTE]

No plans right now.

[quote name='jatan11t']Did the Fear Ultimate Pack sale get moved to Monday? It was supposed to be $8.99 today[/QUOTE]

It was always set to start tomorrow.

Cheers,
Tony

Question about the Paradox War Chest bundle. Is the Heats of Iron 3 Collection just one Steam key or do each dlc in the collection have a separate Steam key?

[quote name='Galanthas']Question about the Paradox War Chest bundle. Is the Heats of Iron 3 Collection just one Steam key or do each dlc in the collection have a separate Steam key?[/QUOTE]

It's one key.

[quote name='Galanthas']Question about the Paradox War Chest bundle. Is the Heats of Iron 3 Collection just one Steam key or do each dlc in the collection have a separate Steam key?[/QUOTE]

As I am seeing it now in my own digital game downloads section, it is just the one dlc. I also hope you realize it does NOT include the newly released Hearts of Iron III DLC released in July or September.

It is one steam key

[quote name='Neuro5i5']That must be the first time I've seen that publicly stated...ever. :whistle2:s[/QUOTE]

Was a lot better when they just announced Origin but it's since been outsourced and pretty much gone down the crapper like most retailers.

Is there a way to see how much credit you have in total or do you need to keep track of this yourself by adding up the credits manually?

[quote name='Pheace']Was a lot better when they just announced Origin but it's since been outsourced and pretty much gone down the crapper like most retailers.[/QUOTE]

Hey! :)

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']Negative, there will be a show but they'll be playing/talking about Dark Souls and the Bioshock Bundle.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

That Capra Demon....beware. ;)

Hello Fellow Cheap Asses, if anyone is willing to sell me "Total War Shogun 2: Fall of the Samurai" from the bundle, I will be happy to get it pronto. Not only you will get my $$ but also my thanks. PM please.

Editor's Choices are looking good, not that I am interested in ANY of the games mentioned but at least it shows that quality stuff will be offered. Good stuff!

Edit: I want to get this game to play multiplayer with my brother in Canada, how can I tell if this thing is region locked or not? thanks in advance

[quote name='walkonshadows']Could someone clue me in. Mass Effect 1 & 2, and DragonAge 2 doesn't require Origin, so how does one go about getting the DLC for said games?[/QUOTE]

ME 1 has one free DLC and the second is only available to purchase through Origin, but still doesn't require Origin once activated.

Mass Effect 2 and Dragon Age 2 have the link to purchase the DLC through Bioware's own website exclusively.

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']http://social.bioware.com/page/me2-dlc

I believe you need to make a bioware account and can get it through there?[/QUOTE]

Yup.
And you have to use $$ (via Credit Card) to BUY some BioWare Points to even buy the DLC, as well.
One major problem - BioWare Points got on sale like once every year, IF THAT...

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']http://social.bioware.com/page/me2-dlc

I believe you need to make a bioware account and can get it through there?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='MysterD']Yup.
And you have to use $$ (via Credit Card) to BUY some BioWare Points to even buy the DLC, as well.
One major problem - BioWare Points got on sale like once every year, IF THAT...[/QUOTE]

WTF!?! Seriously? That's the only way to get the dlc?

[quote name='walkonshadows']WTF!?! Seriously? That's the only way to get the dlc?[/QUOTE]

Yep....

...Though, one exception - you can buy ME1: Pinnacle Station DLC via Origin, if you really want to.

So it sounds like the Bioware Pack of DA:O Ultimate, DA2, ME1, and ME2 is totally devoid of any of the DLCs for those games?

I'm close to pickup up the pack- but as I recall, the Mass Effect DLCs were fairly substantial right? I think the Mass Effect Trilogy that is out does include DLCs- may be worth waiting for a deal on that in 3-6 months

Yeah the whole DLC system in Bioware games blows. I got $20 worth of Bioware points almost a year ago for half off thankfully. Only time I saw them on sale so far.

They never put the DLC on sale either.

[quote name='Ag_SurfR']can someone please talk me out of getting civ5 goty + g&k expansion?[/QUOTE]

Awesome game with tons and tons of content and playing time. Well worth it :D

[quote name='SqueeMK2']It's one key.[/QUOTE]

Thanks guys. I'm gonna assume then since it's one key, that if you have the base game and some dlc already on Steam, you won't be able to use the key on that account then. Had told a friend about the sale, but he has the base game and one of the dlcs already.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back