Amazon PCDD $15 Walking Dead, $10 TERA ($15 CE) + BOGO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amazon DVG Deals

Official Representative
Feedback
4 (100%)
Hi CAGs,

NOTE: Preorder information is now in the second post of this thread.

War of the Roses - 10% off + free upgrade to House of York edition.

Deal of the week 9/16-9/22:

The Walking Dead (PC/MAC): $14.99 - Steam
Tera Standard Edition: $9.99 + $9.99 credit for another copy to give to a friend
Tera Collector's Edition: $14.99 + $14.99 credit for another copy to give to a friend

Please check out our newly launched Free-to-Play store when you get a moment!

I wanted to let you all know about some exciting new selection we just launched supported by a new technology.

As of today, Amazon.com will be offering Free to Play and MMO games that you can purchase virtual goods, currencies, and subscriptions for on Amazon.com. These purchases will be delivered directly into your game account. We're calling this new service Game Connect.

Amazon has teamed up with our launch partners to bring Amazon customers exclusive content and bonus offers for the opening of the Free to Play store. Here is some of the cool stuff you'll get just for linking your Amazon account with a game account:

Super MNC: Customers who link their Amazon account with a Super MNC account will receive an exclusive Team Spirit Assault Rifle. This weapon for the Assault Pro has a unique, team colored, metal barrel shroud and is only available through Amazon.

Stronghold Kingdoms: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Stronghold Kingdoms account will receive a starter pack valued at $10. This pack includes: 10 packs of strategy cards (50 cards), 100 card points, and a 7 day premium token (7 days of Premium).

Shin Megami Tensei: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Shin Megami Tensei account will receive a free Incense of Training. By making a purchase of 3,500 Crowns, customers will also receive a voucher (Candle), which is exchangeable for a Heart Candle Necklace. Customers who reach level 20 during the 12 week launch period, they will receive another voucher (Depository Rental Ticket).

Rise of Immortals: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Rise of Immortals account will receive a free character bundle. This exclusive bundle includes Karapyss and his alternate character skins Scarab and Pirate.

BattleSpace: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a BattleSpace account will receive 100 honor medals. By making a purchase of 3,500 Crowns, customers will also receive Commander Alya. Customers who reach level 10 before October 6th, will receive an additional 100 honor medals and ship parts set (α x20, β x4, γ x2).

Iron Grip: Marauders: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with an Iron Grip: Marauders account will be given a booster pack containing 5000 Gold, 2000 iron, repair truck level 2, ambulance level 2, and a tri-scout Level 1.

Allods: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with an Allods account will receive an exclusive starter package, valued at $15. This pack includes: 4x Token of the Explorer that can be brought to the Goblin Banker in your faction's capital in exchange for an increase in the size of the customer’s bag or bank deposit box, a Medium Bag of Crystal Chips that, combined with Gold Dust in-game, allow customers to combine/upgrade runes that increase damage/healing, and an Enchanted Saddle that summons a Rank 1 horse mount.

Pirate Galaxy: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Pirate Galaxy account will receive a Rapid Tank Starter Ship and 1,500 Energy to fuel the best items available.

Fiesta: Customers who purchase SparkCash to use in Fiesta will receive a 30-day swift and mighty Dark Pegasus Mount.

8BitMMO: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with an 8BitMMO account will receive three, exclusive, brand-new hats. These hats are a Cowboy Hat, a Blue Baseball Cap, and a Duck. Link your account and start your 8 bit adventure today.

Aika: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with an Aika account will receive an exclusive starter package valued at $15. This pack includes a Mount and Mount Saddle. Use the mount to travel far distances in half the time and resist environmental damages. Use the Mount Saddle to lower the requirement to ride other mounts.

Knights of the Sky: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Knights of the Sky account will receive a free Happy Hour, which increases the likelihood of recruiting better Heroes. Purchase 3,500 Crowns or more through Amazon and receive a free Labor Decree, which increases Construction queues from 3 to 5, or purchase 35,000 crowns or more and receive an exclusive free Hero (valid on first purchase only). Reach level 20 before October 6th, and receive 6 items that increase resource gain by 25%. Start playing today.

Rappelz: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Rappelz. account will get an exclusive starter package, valued at $15. This pack includes a Stamina Saver that stops stamina from decreasing for 1 hour, an Animal Cracker used to earn 50% more EXP for 1 hour, a Pet Resurrection Spell book that resurrects pets instantly after a fall in battle, a Feather of Summon which instantly summons a friend to aide in battle, and a Hidden Village Pass that gives 7 days of access to the exclusive Hidden Village.

Luvinia: Customers who make any purchase of SparkCash to use in Luvinia will receive a 30-day Flying Griffin Mount.

Flyff: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Flyff account will receive an exclusive starter package, valued at $15. This package contains a Magic Broom that allows customers to start flying immediately, bypassing the level 20 requirement, an S Protect Gift Box which will allow customers to upgrade an item to create stronger stats right from the start, a random Gift Box that contains something special, a Police Outfit, and a Kitty Pet to help collect loot.

Steel Legions: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a NEW Steel Legions account will receive one of three different, fully equipped premium tanks.

Pandora Saga: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Pandora Saga account will receive a Beginner Gear set. Customers who purchase 3,500 Crowns or more through Amazon will receive Recipe: Wing Shield Vol. 1 (first time purchasers only). Customers who reach Level 20 before October 6th will receive a horse mount.

And that's just the free stuff you get with linking.

We're also carrying the games below and offering Amazon exclusive in-game packs for each game which provide a higher value than normal virtual good purchases.

World of Tanks: Customers can purchase three different Amazon-exclusive World of Tanks packs: Starter Pack, Advanced Pack, and Expert Pack.

Runescape: Customers who purchase a 90 or 180 day membership package for Runescape will receive an exclusive Golden Katana.

War Inc. Battle Zone: Customers are able to purchase three different War Inc. Battle Zone Amazon exclusive packs: the Merc Pack, Heroic Pack, and Kill Em All Pack

Pre-Order Borderlands 2 from us for 10% off and help me get a tattoo! Yes it activates on Steam!

I am a huge Borderlands 2 fan and I want this to be our best selling pre-order ever. So I've drawn a line in the sand. If, from now until launch, we take 40,000 more preorders than where we were on 7/2/2012 I will get a Borderlands tattoo on my back.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='JD2']The "mature" Saboteur DLC from the consoles is already in the PC version of the game. There is no other additional content.

All of the Burnout DLC is still available the last time I checked as that is sold directly from within the game.

As for Mercenaries 2 multiplayer, yes, unfortunately EA did kill it. The good news is that you can still play via LAN or VPN using this hack. It's not as good as native support, but it beats nothing.[/QUOTE]

You can't get the cars anymore, so much so there are hacks/mods out there to get them, that work to varying degrees.

I am going to spend my 4th of July playing Binary Domain.

mission_accomplished%20bush.jpg

Binary Domain is back online at $9.99!

Also, any idea if we'll see Alan Wake go up again? I missed the last few sale opportunities and now I finally have a Amazon GC credited to my account ready to go!

Hmm, Binary Domain didn't fare too well if you look at its Metacritic score. I wonder if it's at least as good as the console versions as long as you have a 360 controller. I may wait until it's $5 if it's a really sloppy port.

Thanks again as always Tony. Bought Binary Domain and am eagerly awaiting Shogun FotS and the Sonic bundle. What an awesome 4th of July. Screw the fireworks.

Anyone want a Just Cause 2 Steam Key for 2 bucks? I want the square pack but already own JC2.

PM me if you do!

Edit: And I dont need Supreme commander so you can get both for $3

[quote name='Corpekata']You can't get the cars anymore, so much so there are hacks/mods out there to get them, that work to varying degrees.[/QUOTE]
I see that the in-game DLC store is now shutdown. However, none of those cars came with the Ultimate Box PC edition anyway. You had to buy them extra. Everything that comes with the PC game still works.

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']I know there were quesitons about whether or not Virtua Tennis was a Steam key.

It is not.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

[quote name='bshirk']Hmm, Binary Domain didn't fare too well if you look at its Metacritic score. I wonder if it's at least as good as the console versions as long as you have a 360 controller. I may wait until it's $5 if it's a really sloppy port.[/QUOTE]
thats exactly what it is, not sure why it got people so exited

Just a note, but every single one of Amazon's listed download sizes for the Sonic 4 bundle is wrong or at least a bit off. I am referring to the actual download size from Steam's installation, so maybe that's why it's off.

Actual sizes:
Sonic 4 Episode 2: 1220.1 MB
Sonic CD: 321.6 MB
Sonic 4 Episode 1: 470.3 MB

The sizes listed were as follows:
File size: 185 MB (Sonic 4: Episode 1)
File size: 300 MB (Sonic CD)
File size: 6.0 GB ( Sonic 4: Episode 2)

Don't want to freak out people with a file size of 6.0 GB or underestimate and have them unable to install for a while. D:

I registered a few days ago to ask if there was any chance of the Double Fine games going on sale. Now that my new user probation is over and I can actually post, the games are on sale and I've already bought them. Thanks, Tony. :)

Question for Tony or anyone else who happens to know the answer: is it Amazon's policy to price-match Steam on daily deals of games they offer during Steam's major sales? There are still a couple more titles I'm interested in that don't look like they're getting deliberate Amazon sales of their own, and I'd prefer to spend Amazon credit over "real" money.

I caved on Spec ops after playing the demo and bought mp3 as well.

I played the demo for binary domain and wasn't impressed. It seemed lacking after playing spec ops. Anyone know how the demo compares to the full game?

I've gotta recommend the Sega Classics Pack 4 just for Shining Force I and II alone. Those games are frickin classic and amazing; way ahead of their time. Looks like the bundle goes away and the individual games get 50% on the 6th, so it'll only be $3.75. That's pretty damn good.

[quote name='JD2']Tony,

Would you see if you can get the EA Racing Pack put on sale again for $15 (or so)? Also, would it be possible to change the pack to include Need for Speed Undercover instead of Burnout? Amazon already offers Undercover for digital download, and Burnout isn't a Need for Speed game and is in the other EA pack besides.[/QUOTE]

Not ignoring this I promise!

I'll def ask about running this again but I don't think we'll sub out Burnout for NFS Undercover. Burnout does much better for us when on promotion, which indicates to me that more people find it to be a higher value.

[quote name='tominater12']Tony I have a question about the battlefield 3 pack, will premium be available alone at a discounted price?[/QUOTE]

Negative on this one.

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']I'll def ask about running this again but I don't think we'll sub out Burnout for NFS Undercover. Burnout does much better for us when on promotion, which indicates to me that more people find it to be a higher value.
[/QUOTE]
Thanks for the reply.

I would really love to see that substitute for it because I already have Burnout (several copies in fact), and Burnout has been frequently on sale from many digital distributors including on Steam in the recent past for $3. So lots of PC gamers like me already have it.

In contrast Need for Speed Undercover has rarely been on sale and never for less than $5 that I recall. Because of that I believe that more people already have Burnout than Undercover and would be less likely to buy the bundle with Burnout.

Undercover also fits in the bundle better since it would make the pack be the past four Need for Speed games and would be a draw for people who would like an inexpensive and convenient way to complete the series in their game collections.

At the very least i wouldn't mind seeing Undercover for five dollars or less. I would also go for all four of those Need for Speed Games for $5 each if a bundle couldn't be done.

New game ideas... Well, first I'll throw out the one I have the most bias for: dark souls pc comes out in august. It uses gfwl and will be on steam. In terms of the games I'm looking forward to, that is a big one. Of course, I wouldn't say it will outdo the major games on sale, but it could surprise with a decent pre order bonus.

The issue far as I can tell is library, you don't, maybe can't, carry some games out there. You're impressed with the way the Paradox bundle has been a success, but what about the other notable indie games? The easy ones to point to are the ones that have been in bundles, super meat boy I remember has been in the humble bundle twice, but binding of Isaac only once. Jamestown, trine, frozen synapse and bit trip runner also haven't been thrown everywhere, but vvvvvv has been and still is loved. The amount of games you have is the bigger question, but I think there is a bit of a missed market there; the cheaper indie games is a steam sale hallmark and they do it very well, but if amazon were to make an indie pack i think they could prove a worthy competitor, as long as the games and price are right. You guys already shoot for the top end of games, the major releases like crisis, battlefield, mass effect, etc. You also shoot for the middle, like that crazy binary domain. I think you're missing an opportunity to go for the bottom, which has proven to be very, very large.

On the more regular side of things, is a 'genre pack' doable across different publishers, or is that a taboo idea? A clear example of this would be alpha protocol and deus ex since the games are quite similar. I don't know how well the more classic games go for, but I do know that stuff like planescape and the two balders gates are on gog, and if you could get your hands on some of the bigger games in their library it could be worth your while, I assume risen and divinity 2 didn't fair too badly as they got rerun.

Oh, as for specific titles? Rayman origins seems doable due to the working relationship with ubisoft you have, though I see they still aren't on board here. I believe that there is a drm free version out there and... Not sure what else. Wasn't just steam though I think.

Tony, is there any further update on Saints Row 3? I and a few others asked about it a few pages back, and got "check the OP, Gents" in response, but I'm not seeing anything in the OP about it going on sale. Are there plans to knock that one back down to the price you had before (or cheaper?)

[quote name='DarkZero104']You guys already shoot for the top end of games, the major releases like crisis, battlefield, mass effect, etc. You also shoot for the middle, like that crazy binary domain. I think you're missing an opportunity to go for the bottom, which has proven to be very, very large.
[/QUOTE]

For what it's worth, they do have a rather extensive library of casual games. Tony just doesn't promote those much here because this crowd isn't into them that much. Those sorts of games are more the Big Fish market though than the Steam/Desura/Indie Bundles market.

Virtua Tennis, when can I buy it?

[quote name='tominater12']Tony I have a question about the battlefield 3 pack, will premium be available alone at a discounted price?[/QUOTE]
EA only 'accidentally' sold it for cheap ($24, $28, $35), but I believe they mostly plugged those holes.
Seeing how well it sells and that the whole concept is "the customer must spend $50", there's no reason why it would ever be discounted. It's only cheaper in a bundle here to move more BF3 copies. So essentially: BF3 is cheaper, Premium is not.

[quote name='JD2']Undercover also fits in the bundle better since it would make the pack be the past four Need for Speed games and would be a draw for people who would like an inexpensive and convenient way to complete the series in their game collections.[/QUOTE]
The Burnout series has pretty much been merged into the NFS series. NFS Hot Pursuit follows Burnout Paradise more than anything. And NFS Most Wanted I presume will very much be a Burnout game at heart too. That's why I bothered to preorder it.

[quote name='DarkZero104']Jamestown, trine, frozen synapse and bit trip runner also haven't been thrown everywhere, but vvvvvv has been and still is loved.[/QUOTE]
Those have sure all been 'thrown' around for very little money.
Jamestown & Bit Trip Runner in Humble Indie Bundle #4 (I guess for $1), Frozen Synapse in the Humble Frozen Synapse bundle (suppose also $1) and for more money in the Little Big Bunch bundle, Trine in the Humble Frozenbyte Bundle (..also $1?).... and just like the above, VVVVVV was in the Humble Indie Bundle #3 for, guess what, $1. Maybe even less back then.
Source

[quote name='bshirk']Hmm, Binary Domain didn't fare too well if you look at its Metacritic score. I wonder if it's at least as good as the console versions as long as you have a 360 controller. I may wait until it's $5 if it's a really sloppy port.[/QUOTE]
[quote name='Larce80']thats exactly what it is, not sure why it got people so exited[/QUOTE]
What's sloppy about it? I'm about to buy the game so if there's something wrong with it I'd like to know.

[quote name='poxi']When the discount price for Shogun:FotS will be up?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='pinkgun']I was wondering this too :roll:[/QUOTE]

Should be in the next couple of minutes.

[quote name='madnessnewb']2k Shooter Pack costs $109.94 o_O
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B008GW5V9E?tag=cheapassgam08-20[/QUOTE]

This is fixed.

[quote name='DarkZero104']New game ideas... Well, first I'll throw out the one I have the most bias for: dark souls pc comes out in august. It uses gfwl and will be on steam. In terms of the games I'm looking forward to, that is a big one. Of course, I wouldn't say it will outdo the major games on sale, but it could surprise with a decent pre order bonus.

The issue far as I can tell is library, you don't, maybe can't, carry some games out there. You're impressed with the way the Paradox bundle has been a success, but what about the other notable indie games? The easy ones to point to are the ones that have been in bundles, super meat boy I remember has been in the humble bundle twice, but binding of Isaac only once. Jamestown, trine, frozen synapse and bit trip runner also haven't been thrown everywhere, but vvvvvv has been and still is loved. The amount of games you have is the bigger question, but I think there is a bit of a missed market there; the cheaper indie games is a steam sale hallmark and they do it very well, but if amazon were to make an indie pack i think they could prove a worthy competitor, as long as the games and price are right. You guys already shoot for the top end of games, the major releases like crisis, battlefield, mass effect, etc. You also shoot for the middle, like that crazy binary domain. I think you're missing an opportunity to go for the bottom, which has proven to be very, very large.

On the more regular side of things, is a 'genre pack' doable across different publishers, or is that a taboo idea? A clear example of this would be alpha protocol and deus ex since the games are quite similar. I don't know how well the more classic games go for, but I do know that stuff like planescape and the two balders gates are on gog, and if you could get your hands on some of the bigger games in their library it could be worth your while, I assume risen and divinity 2 didn't fair too badly as they got rerun.

Oh, as for specific titles? Rayman origins seems doable due to the working relationship with ubisoft you have, though I see they still aren't on board here. I believe that there is a drm free version out there and... Not sure what else. Wasn't just steam though I think.[/QUOTE]

I definitely love the suggestions, and as soon as we start carrying more of the indie games you're talking about, or the older games like Baldur's Gate/Planescape, we'll be looking to put promotions together around them.

As for Ubisoft, we'll be doing stuff with them in August.

[quote name='mtxbass1']Tony, is there any further update on Saints Row 3? I and a few others asked about it a few pages back, and got "check the OP, Gents" in response, but I'm not seeing anything in the OP about it going on sale. Are there plans to knock that one back down to the price you had before (or cheaper?)[/QUOTE]

I don't think the "Check the OP gents" was in response to Saint's Row the Third. If it seemed that way apologies. To answer your question, no, I don't have any update on SRTT in July.

[quote name='Motoki']For what it's worth, they do have a rather extensive library of casual games. Tony just doesn't promote those much here because this crowd isn't into them that much. Those sorts of games are more the Big Fish market though than the Steam/Desura/Indie Bundles market.[/QUOTE]

This.

[quote name='Luckz']Virtua Tennis, when can I buy it?

EA only 'accidentally' sold it for cheap ($24, $28, $35), but I believe they mostly plugged those holes.
Seeing how well it sells and that the whole concept is "the customer must spend $50", there's no reason why it would ever be discounted. It's only cheaper in a bundle here to move more BF3 copies. So essentially: BF3 is cheaper, Premium is not.

The Burnout series has pretty much been merged into the NFS series. NFS Hot Pursuit follows Burnout Paradise more than anything. And NFS Most Wanted I presume will very much be a Burnout game at heart too. That's why I bothered to preorder it.

Those have sure all been 'thrown' around for very little money.
Jamestown & Bit Trip Runner in Humble Indie Bundle #4 (I guess for $1), Frozen Synapse in the Humble Frozen Synapse bundle (suppose also $1) and for more money in the Little Big Bunch bundle, Trine in the Humble Frozenbyte Bundle (..also $1?).... and just like the above, VVVVVV was in the Humble Indie Bundle #3 for, guess what, $1. Maybe even less back then.
Source[/QUOTE]

Virtua Tennis is up :). and thanks for the good points around Burnout and the indie games for sub $1.

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='Solid-Snake-Eyes']What's sloppy about it? I'm about to buy the game so if there's something wrong with it I'd like to know.[/QUOTE]

It's semi-sloppy. Doesn't run well with AMD GPUs, gets a lot of performance drops in firefights. Runs great with Nvidia GPUs though (no framerate drops). The mouse acceleration puts some people off, and it may just be me but the voice recognition is horrible for the voice commands.. it doesn't work 80% of the time. There's a demo for the game if you want to try it out.

[quote name='sunghost']It's semi-sloppy. Doesn't run well with AMD GPUs, gets a lot of performance drops in firefights. Runs great with Nvidia GPUs though. The mouse acceleration puts some people off, and it may just be me but the voice recognition is horrible for the voice commands.. it doesn't work 80% of the time.[/QUOTE]
I have Nvidia, will use a controller, and don't plan to use the voice commands, so I'm gonna go ahead and get it. I'm still a little hesitant but it's fairly cheap. Thanks for the info.

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']

As for Ubisoft, we'll be doing stuff with them in August.
[/QUOTE]
Can we expect to see AC: Revelations Gold Edition and Driver: San Francisco Deluxe hit a nice deal in August? ;)

[quote name='Solid-Snake-Eyes']I have Nvidia, will use a controller, and don't plan to use the voice commands, so I'm gonna go ahead and get it. I'm still a little hesitant but it's fairly cheap. Thanks for the info.[/QUOTE]

If you're playing with a controller, remember to set the input control icons in the configuration launcher before starting the game and you should be set. Personally, I think $10 is a great price for it, especially if you've got an NVIDIA GPU. Most of the complaints are about the bad performance with AMD and mouse control problems (which were improved.. but still exist).

[quote name='MysterD']Can we expect to see AC: Revelations Gold Edition and Driver: San Francisco Deluxe hit a nice deal in August? ;)[/QUOTE]

Maybe, not sure yet though as I haven't finalized deals.

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']Maybe, not sure yet though as I haven't finalized deals.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

Oh, okay...!
Will keep my eyes open for when you and UbiSoft finalize some deals for August!
Hoping to see ACR Gold and Driver: SF Deluxe in there! ;)

[quote name='sunghost']If you're playing with a controller, remember to set the input control icons in the configuration launcher before starting the game and you should be set. Personally, I think $10 is a great price for it, especially if you've got an NVIDIA GPU. Most of the complaints are about the bad performance with AMD and mouse control problems (which were improved.. but still exist).[/QUOTE]
Thanks, I probably wouldn't have noticed that setting on my first attempt. Downloading it now!

Tony,

Great to hear about Ubisoft sale in August!

What are the chances of getting Steam Keys for the Ubisoft Sale?

As for Dawn of Discovery Gold - I understand your reservation. Here is a suggestion for more sales when/if you run it - negotiate with Ubisoft to give you Steam Keys for Dawn of Discovery Gold!

I think you will be pleasantly surprised with the amount you sell do to the fact that the buy link is unavailable on Steam. I'm thinking that registering steam keys would still work like they did with the game Prey when it was taken down.

There is also a way to manually patch the Steam version past even what Ubisoft has done.

Anyway, I know it might not be possible, but I get the impression you like a challenge...:bouncy:

[quote name='kaydigi']Will Sonic 4 Episode 2 remain at full price for the rest of this sale? I already have the two other games in the bundle.[/QUOTE]

I would like to know this as well.

As I said before, the bundles are great but not if you're an avid collector and own a good majority of the games featured in them. An a la carte option would be nice. I'd love to spend some money on a few of these titles, but alas...

[quote name='LocarionStorm']Tony, the Facebook post by Amazon Video Games says that Civ 5 Gods and Kings if available for $7.49. I assume this was a sadface-inducing typo?[/QUOTE]

That was a sadface inducing typo. I pulled the post down. I was pretty tired when I was writing that post and got my strategy games mixed up. That was supposed to read Fall of the Samurai.

[quote name='kaydigi']Will Sonic 4 Episode 2 remain at full price for the rest of this sale? I already have the two other games in the bundle.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='hal']I would like to know this as well.

As I said before, the bundles are great but not if you're an avid collector and own a good majority of the games featured in them. An a la carte option would be nice. I'd love to spend some money on a few of these titles, but alas...[/QUOTE]

Yep, it'll be 50% off after the 6th.

Cheers,
Tony

Hi Tony, I have a couple questions:

1. Can you confirm that Civilization V and Mafia II can be activated on Steam outside of the US? I have heard from my Europe friends who bought the games on previous sales that they were unable to activate the game because the keys are restricted to US IP.. Have this been fixed?

2. Do you think you can flip the magic 75% sales switch on the Warhammer 40k: Dawn of War II - Retribution - Complete DLC Bundle? All the Warhammer 40k things are on sales except this one :O

http://www.amazon.com/Retribution-C...F8&qid=1341416204&sr=1-4&keywords=retribution

Thanks a lot, Tony!

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']That was a sadface inducing typo. I pulled the post down. I was pretty tired when I was writing that post and got my strategy games mixed up. That was supposed to read Fall of the Samurai.y[/QUOTE]

Thanks! I picked up Fall instead. :D

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']
Yep, it'll be 50% off after the 6th.[/QUOTE]
Thanks, how about my DRM question on the Dreamcast collection? Is it Starforce (what other retailers are using)?

Bought the The Storming, Burning, Reflecting, Flaming, Sabotaging Pack and tried activating the games on Origin. Bulletstorm and Mercenaries 2 wouldn't activate. When I contacted an Origin rep, I was told I needed to take a picture of the game box/dvd, the serial key, and a paper with my name on it in order for him to activate it. He didn't seem to understand that I couldn't do that.

Tony, to verify these deals are legit, you should totally take a picture of them with a piece of paper that has "Cheers, Tony" written on it.
lol NeoGAF, keeping it classy

In all seriousness, totally grabbing Binary Domain and the mid-size Paradox pack. Some fantastic deals this month.

[quote name='TraBuch']Bought the The Storming, Burning, Reflecting, Flaming, Sabotaging Pack and tried activating the games on Origin. Bulletstorm and Mercenaries 2 wouldn't activate. When I contacted an Origin rep, I was told I needed to take a picture of the game box/dvd, the serial key, and a paper with my name on it in order for him to activate it. He didn't seem to understand that I couldn't do that.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, those 2 games won't activate on Origin normally, you have to go through CS. Try a different CS rep. It took a few tries before I got one who would help me.

[quote name='Fatdude']Tony Which keys are steam redeemable in this pack

SquareEnix Pack[/QUOTE]

He posted this a few pages earlier (I didn't see it on the OP):

1. Square Enix Ultimate Pack - $7.49 contains:

Just Cause 2 - Steam
Kane and Lynch 2 - Steam
Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light - Steam
Supreme Commander 2 - Steam
Tomb Raider Underworld - Not Steam

:)

[quote name='TraBuch']Bought the The Storming, Burning, Reflecting, Flaming, Sabotaging Pack and tried activating the games on Origin. Bulletstorm and Mercenaries 2 wouldn't activate. When I contacted an Origin rep, I was told I needed to take a picture of the game box/dvd, the serial key, and a paper with my name on it in order for him to activate it. He didn't seem to understand that I couldn't do that.[/QUOTE]
Same thing happened to me with Bulletstorm and Crysis Warhead, the customer service didn't understand the concept of digital downloads. I finally got it solved by contacting EA's twitter support. This was around 6 months ago. I bought them on Steam, EA didn't know what Steam was and wanted the physical product. Went back and forth a few times without getting anywhere, can't believe they're still that clueless.

Bulletstorm is a G4WL-required game. I have tried the same thing w/ their EA Origin support, long time ago - they often won't activate be able to activate that. I took screenshots on my Amazon account and keys - and blurred some of my personal info and game keys out so they couldn't take it (and they were fine w/ that) - yeah, all kinds of stuff. They tried for a good while, too. Serial codes are DIFFERENT formats for Origin and G4WL.
Basically, Origin would probably need to supply you a new key via Origin for Bulletstorm and they would NOT do that for me. Fair enough. I could live w/out it.

About Mercenaries 2 - you might want to look on how to activate OLD games on Origin or w/ a EA account. See if that will do the trick. Doesn't always work. If I find the link, I'll throw it up.
EDIT:
Here's the link for trying to activate old EA games - try that.

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']Virtua Tennis is up :). [/QUOTE]
I don't see it, and there is no link in the OP. Still taking?

[quote name='Gomtan21']1. Can you confirm that Civilization V and Mafia II can be activated on Steam outside of the US? I have heard from my Europe friends who bought the games on previous sales that they were unable to activate the game because the keys are restricted to US IP.. Have this been fixed?[/QUOTE]
It's 'working as designed', USA/Canada/Puerto Rico/Mexico can activate it. This is a special restriction for the Amazon-sold versions of those two games. Of course your internet connection just needs to momentarily travel into one of those countries to activate it on your Steam account.

Re Crysis Warhead (but not Bulletstorm), yes, talking to EA Live Support will help. If you get somebody unable to help you, close the window and open a new one to get a different support person. There's always somebody helpful around, just may have to dig a little.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back