Amazon PCDD $15 Walking Dead, $10 TERA ($15 CE) + BOGO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amazon DVG Deals

Official Representative
Feedback
4 (100%)
Hi CAGs,

NOTE: Preorder information is now in the second post of this thread.

War of the Roses - 10% off + free upgrade to House of York edition.

Deal of the week 9/16-9/22:

The Walking Dead (PC/MAC): $14.99 - Steam
Tera Standard Edition: $9.99 + $9.99 credit for another copy to give to a friend
Tera Collector's Edition: $14.99 + $14.99 credit for another copy to give to a friend

Please check out our newly launched Free-to-Play store when you get a moment!

I wanted to let you all know about some exciting new selection we just launched supported by a new technology.

As of today, Amazon.com will be offering Free to Play and MMO games that you can purchase virtual goods, currencies, and subscriptions for on Amazon.com. These purchases will be delivered directly into your game account. We're calling this new service Game Connect.

Amazon has teamed up with our launch partners to bring Amazon customers exclusive content and bonus offers for the opening of the Free to Play store. Here is some of the cool stuff you'll get just for linking your Amazon account with a game account:

Super MNC: Customers who link their Amazon account with a Super MNC account will receive an exclusive Team Spirit Assault Rifle. This weapon for the Assault Pro has a unique, team colored, metal barrel shroud and is only available through Amazon.

Stronghold Kingdoms: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Stronghold Kingdoms account will receive a starter pack valued at $10. This pack includes: 10 packs of strategy cards (50 cards), 100 card points, and a 7 day premium token (7 days of Premium).

Shin Megami Tensei: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Shin Megami Tensei account will receive a free Incense of Training. By making a purchase of 3,500 Crowns, customers will also receive a voucher (Candle), which is exchangeable for a Heart Candle Necklace. Customers who reach level 20 during the 12 week launch period, they will receive another voucher (Depository Rental Ticket).

Rise of Immortals: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Rise of Immortals account will receive a free character bundle. This exclusive bundle includes Karapyss and his alternate character skins Scarab and Pirate.

BattleSpace: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a BattleSpace account will receive 100 honor medals. By making a purchase of 3,500 Crowns, customers will also receive Commander Alya. Customers who reach level 10 before October 6th, will receive an additional 100 honor medals and ship parts set (α x20, β x4, γ x2).

Iron Grip: Marauders: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with an Iron Grip: Marauders account will be given a booster pack containing 5000 Gold, 2000 iron, repair truck level 2, ambulance level 2, and a tri-scout Level 1.

Allods: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with an Allods account will receive an exclusive starter package, valued at $15. This pack includes: 4x Token of the Explorer that can be brought to the Goblin Banker in your faction's capital in exchange for an increase in the size of the customer’s bag or bank deposit box, a Medium Bag of Crystal Chips that, combined with Gold Dust in-game, allow customers to combine/upgrade runes that increase damage/healing, and an Enchanted Saddle that summons a Rank 1 horse mount.

Pirate Galaxy: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Pirate Galaxy account will receive a Rapid Tank Starter Ship and 1,500 Energy to fuel the best items available.

Fiesta: Customers who purchase SparkCash to use in Fiesta will receive a 30-day swift and mighty Dark Pegasus Mount.

8BitMMO: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with an 8BitMMO account will receive three, exclusive, brand-new hats. These hats are a Cowboy Hat, a Blue Baseball Cap, and a Duck. Link your account and start your 8 bit adventure today.

Aika: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with an Aika account will receive an exclusive starter package valued at $15. This pack includes a Mount and Mount Saddle. Use the mount to travel far distances in half the time and resist environmental damages. Use the Mount Saddle to lower the requirement to ride other mounts.

Knights of the Sky: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Knights of the Sky account will receive a free Happy Hour, which increases the likelihood of recruiting better Heroes. Purchase 3,500 Crowns or more through Amazon and receive a free Labor Decree, which increases Construction queues from 3 to 5, or purchase 35,000 crowns or more and receive an exclusive free Hero (valid on first purchase only). Reach level 20 before October 6th, and receive 6 items that increase resource gain by 25%. Start playing today.

Rappelz: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Rappelz. account will get an exclusive starter package, valued at $15. This pack includes a Stamina Saver that stops stamina from decreasing for 1 hour, an Animal Cracker used to earn 50% more EXP for 1 hour, a Pet Resurrection Spell book that resurrects pets instantly after a fall in battle, a Feather of Summon which instantly summons a friend to aide in battle, and a Hidden Village Pass that gives 7 days of access to the exclusive Hidden Village.

Luvinia: Customers who make any purchase of SparkCash to use in Luvinia will receive a 30-day Flying Griffin Mount.

Flyff: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Flyff account will receive an exclusive starter package, valued at $15. This package contains a Magic Broom that allows customers to start flying immediately, bypassing the level 20 requirement, an S Protect Gift Box which will allow customers to upgrade an item to create stronger stats right from the start, a random Gift Box that contains something special, a Police Outfit, and a Kitty Pet to help collect loot.

Steel Legions: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a NEW Steel Legions account will receive one of three different, fully equipped premium tanks.

Pandora Saga: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Pandora Saga account will receive a Beginner Gear set. Customers who purchase 3,500 Crowns or more through Amazon will receive Recipe: Wing Shield Vol. 1 (first time purchasers only). Customers who reach Level 20 before October 6th will receive a horse mount.

And that's just the free stuff you get with linking.

We're also carrying the games below and offering Amazon exclusive in-game packs for each game which provide a higher value than normal virtual good purchases.

World of Tanks: Customers can purchase three different Amazon-exclusive World of Tanks packs: Starter Pack, Advanced Pack, and Expert Pack.

Runescape: Customers who purchase a 90 or 180 day membership package for Runescape will receive an exclusive Golden Katana.

War Inc. Battle Zone: Customers are able to purchase three different War Inc. Battle Zone Amazon exclusive packs: the Merc Pack, Heroic Pack, and Kill Em All Pack

Pre-Order Borderlands 2 from us for 10% off and help me get a tattoo! Yes it activates on Steam!

I am a huge Borderlands 2 fan and I want this to be our best selling pre-order ever. So I've drawn a line in the sand. If, from now until launch, we take 40,000 more preorders than where we were on 7/2/2012 I will get a Borderlands tattoo on my back.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='SCMoney360']Tony,

I would hope that this means there's an me3 deal in the works, since I am sure people are going to want to see the story to the end.

Possible ideas-
Credit towards me3 dlc w purchase of 3.
Or
Some sort of bioware card add on....[/QUOTE]

Does BioWare even sell their BioWare Points on point cards at stores [i.e. GameStop, Best Buy, etc]?

[quote name='MysterD']Does BioWare even sell their BioWare Points on point cards at stores [i.e. GameStop, Best Buy, etc]?[/QUOTE]

I believe EA,Origin,Bioware,The Sims, etc. points are all interchangeable and Gamestop just had the $20 cards on sale for $15 - I don't think Amazon sells them though.

Do you have to download the games from Amazon even if they run on Steam?

Bought Sonic Generations and just used the product code on steam, which worked for downloading. Tried playing it today and says game files missing or corrupt.

Going to try deleting and reinstalling on Steam, if not I'll try downloading from Amazon but didn't think it would be a problem, like the DNF code since only the MAC version was free but still worked on Steam.

[quote name='DK745']Do you have to download the games from Amazon even if they run on Steam?

Bought Sonic Generations and just used the product code on steam, which worked for downloading. Tried playing it today and says game files missing or corrupt.

Going to try deleting and reinstalling on Steam, if not I'll try downloading from Amazon but didn't think it would be a problem, like the DNF code since only the MAC version was free but still worked on Steam.[/QUOTE]

No matter where I buy a key from for digital download, I usually just activate Steam-keys right through Steam.
Especially if the game REQUIRES Steam period.

Much easier that way.

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']If I'm reading this correctly they are only selling this at this price to 500 customers. I will run this by the team, but I can tell you that my personal inclination is not to match and I imagine the team will agree. We haven't tested limited volume sales before and I'd like to test doing so intentionally rather than as a function of a price match.

If the number was more in line with what we see when we run this type of price promotion my opinion would be different but 500 units would disappear faster than our marketing communication was fully deployed, which means we'd likely communicate a deal to customers who actually wouldn't be able to take advantage of it...which is something I'm 100% against.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

Forget matching the 500 units "Flash Sale" part.
Just BEAT GameStop PC App and sell SR:TT all day for $15 for EVERYBODY!! :p

[quote name='DK745']Do you have to download the games from Amazon even if they run on Steam?

Going to try deleting and reinstalling on Steam, if not I'll try downloading from Amazon but didn't think it would be a problem, like the DNF code since only the MAC version was free but still worked on Steam.[/QUOTE]

If you downloaded from Steam I can't speak to the quality of their binaries. We've tested ours and they should be working.

Sorry I don't have a better answer for you, but we don't have visibility into what product Steam distributes.

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']If you downloaded from Steam I can't speak to the quality of their binaries. We've tested ours and they should be working.

Sorry I don't have a better answer for you, but we don't have visibility into what product Steam distributes.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

When you download from Steam, it downloads the most updated version of the game.
I'd bet his download got corrupted, somehow or some way.
He might want to delete that game and just re-download the entire game via Steam.

[quote name='MysterD']When you download from Steam, it downloads the most updated version of the game.
I'd bet his download got corrupted, somehow or some way.
He might want to delete that game and just re-download the entire game via Steam.[/QUOTE]

That's what I'm trying now. Never had to delete one off Steam before. Went to Delete Local Content, and am downloading it again. Thanks for the help. Almost halfway done now..

[quote name='DK745']That's what I'm trying now. Never had to delete one off Steam before. Went to Delete Local Content, and am downloading it again. Thanks for the help. Almost halfway done now..[/QUOTE]

Good luck.
Hope it all goes well.

If not, you might just wanna DL the version [probably 1.0] from Amazon VG Service.
Then, let it install.
Then, let Steam update it.

Well that still happened. Only thing I've done before launching it is go to configuration.

I'll try downloading it from Amazon and see what happens.

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']If I'm reading this correctly they are only selling this at this price to 500 customers. I will run this by the team, but I can tell you that my personal inclination is not to match and I imagine the team will agree. We haven't tested limited volume sales before and I'd like to test doing so intentionally rather than as a function of a price match.

If the number was more in line with what we see when we run this type of price promotion my opinion would be different but 500 units would disappear faster than our marketing communication was fully deployed, which means we'd likely communicate a deal to customers who actually wouldn't be able to take advantage of it...which is something I'm 100% against.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

Flash deals suck. Please do not do them.

All it does is make everyone pissed off that didn't get it and wasted their time hoping they F5'd quicker than the other person.

I don't even pay attention to those deals anymore because it just isn't worth it imo.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

I'm not hearing a no :)

Joking, I understand Tony. Thanks for the response. Can't wait for the Dragon Age Combo deal.

[quote name='KaOTiK']Flash deals suck. Please do not do them.

All it does is make everyone pissed off that didn't get it and wasted their time hoping they F5'd quicker than the other person.

I don't even pay attention to those deals anymore because it just isn't worth it imo.[/QUOTE]

Agreed. I love when I do get in on flash deals, but most of the time I don't and it is frustrating. Especially since these are digital copies, I wouldn't like flash deals at all.

I guess I'm the only one that would prefer flash deals over no deals at all. Of course, I'd rather SR3 be $17 all day instead lol. After seeing gamestop have it for that price I'll wait until amazon has it for $17 or less since I have credit there. The cheapass in me won't let me buy it for more than the lowest price it's been ;)

[quote name='Mugatu']I believe EA,Origin,Bioware,The Sims, etc. points are all interchangeable and Gamestop just had the $20 cards on sale for $15 - I don't think Amazon sells them though.[/QUOTE]

While amazon may not carry bioware points, I thinkthat this could be a great way to further build Amazon's relationship with publishers if they couldoffer exclusive amazon/publisher coupon codes for future dlc in a game.

Of course that would be quite an undertaking to work out specifics, but we can all agree that there are certain publishers who will always have dlc for their games.

So, maybe mass effect 3, isn't going to be the game that will have this, but it just seems like the next evolution for digital distribution

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

I do not blame you for not matching their 'limited sale' but I would really appreciate it if Amazon would not do flash sales. I honestly hate getting an e-mail advertising a great price on something only to click the link, add it to my cart and upon checkout get a "sorry, the allocated units at this price are gone" and the price being set back to the MSRP. To me, things like that just smack of a company trying to drive traffic to their website in hope I'll buy something while there. I really have no shot at the deal that brought me there in the first place.

I find that more frustrating than anything. I'm cool with more modest savings so long as I have a defined window where I can get them. Like SR3 -- I'd rather pay $20 at Amazon or Steam (if I wanted the game) with the guarantee that price will be good for a set amount of time and I don't have to be super lucky to get one of the 500 set aside. I'd rather pay $20 than have a 1% shot at a $15 price so long as I'm guaranteed to get the game I come to your site to get.

Maybe flash deals will appeal to a lot of people but IMO, they only serve to frustrate me as a customer.

[quote name='avwjase']I do not blame you for not matching their 'limited sale' but I would really appreciate it if Amazon would not do flash sales. I honestly hate getting an e-mail advertising a great price on something only to click the link, add it to my cart and upon checkout get a "sorry, the allocated units at this price are gone" and the price being set back to the MSRP. To me, things like that just smack of a company trying to drive traffic to their website in hope I'll buy something while there. I really have no shot at the deal that brought me there in the first place.

I find that more frustrating than anything. I'm cool with more modest savings so long as I have a defined window where I can get them. Like SR3 -- I'd rather pay $20 at Amazon or Steam (if I wanted the game) with the guarantee that price will be good for a set amount of time and I don't have to be super lucky to get one of the 500 set aside. I'd rather pay $20 than have a 1% shot at a $15 price.

Maybe flash deals will appeal to a lot of people but IMO, they only serve to frustrate me as a customer.[/QUOTE]

There's probably a way to satisfy everyone, like have a "flash" deal at $15-17 for the first 500 sold, and then have a slightly higher price immediately after those 500 copies are sold, such as $20 or so. Well ok, it may not satisfy everyone.. I'm sure some will still get angered by that, but it's not a bad idea IMO.

Well that Sonic Generations thing was really weird. Downloaded from Steam and Amazon and still had same error. Looked on their forums and saw someone had the same problem; running Steam in admin mode made it work.

Thanks for the feedback guys.

I'll chime in and say I think price matching flash deals just isn't a good a idea. I don't mind flash deals if they are done right, ie. set a date/time/amount well in advance and let people go at it, but having to randomly price match it until it sells out is just a big mess.

Also, I just purchased some EA cards at Gamestop on Saturday and they were still $15 for a $20 card so the sale may still be going for those interested in the discount. I got them in anticipation of their next big store sale, but who knows, if ME 1 and 2 get me addicted I might use them on some DLC.

Last edited by a moderator:

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

Come on Tony. I mean, come on. lol

[quote name='MysterD']@TONY

You really should put in your opening post in the thread that:
1. Amazon DVG don't match physical disc deals
2. AND that you don't match International digital download deals - i.e. Gamersgate, GreenManGaming & GetGamesGo.

Just a suggestion and all...[/QUOTE]

Adding now :)

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']Adding now :)

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

psssttt hey Tony this is what you have out there...you might have copied and pasted wrong

Notes on price matching:

1. Amazon DVG doesn't match physical disc deals
2. AND that you doesn't match International digital download deals - i.e. Gamersgate, GreenManGaming & GetGamesGo.

Thanks for the suggestion MysterD!

;)

[quote name='Drabelincoln']psssttt hey Tony this is what you have out there...you might have copied and pasted wrong

Notes on price matching:

2. AND that you doesn't match International digital download deals - i.e. Gamersgate, GreenManGaming & GetGamesGo.

Thanks for the suggestion MysterD!

;)[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the grammar fix!

EDIT:
[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']Adding now :)

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]
It just seemed logical for it to be in the opening post, since we've seen questions A LOT over time and also a FAIR amount lately about people asking for matches on physical deals and International digital downloads.

[quote name='MysterD']Thanks for the grammar fix!

EDIT:

It just seemed logical for it to be in the opening post, since we've seen questions A LOT over time and also a FAIR amount lately about people asking for matches on physical deals and International digital downloads.[/QUOTE]

It makes perfect sense. Honestly, I was going to suggest Tony add it to his signature since a lot of people clearly never even look at the OP...lol

Notes on price matching:

2. AND Amazon DVG doesn't match International digital download deals - i.e. Gamersgate, GreenManGaming & GetGamesGo.

This makes a little more sense. Thanks Tony!

[quote name='MysterD']Thanks for the grammar fix!

EDIT:

It just seemed logical for it to be in the opening post, since we've seen questions A LOT over time and also a FAIR amount lately about people asking for matches on physical deals and International digital downloads.[/QUOTE]

But they do match some physicals. I asked a few weeks ago about SSF4AE, the disc on Amazon was $20 and the DL was $40. Tony matched the price and I picked it promptly.

So from now on will Amazon DL not match the existing disc version pricing on their own site?

[quote name='kaydigi']But they do match some physicals. I asked a few weeks ago about SSF4AE, the disc on Amazon was $20 and the DL was $40. Tony matched the price and I picked it promptly.

So from now on will Amazon DL not match the existing disc version pricing on their own site?[/QUOTE]
@KayDigi
I was namely referring to Amazon DVG matching other site's that have physical deals - i.e. NewEgg.
I don't think I've ever seen them do that.

I think it'd make sense for Amazon DVG to match their own Amazon Physical Products' price, if they wanted to.

You'd have to ask TONY about that, for clarification...he's the Amazon DVG Dude.

@Tony
Is it still likely that Amazon DVG might match their own Amazon Physical Video Games divisions?

[quote name='kaydigi']But they do match some physicals. I asked a few weeks ago about SSF4AE, the disc on Amazon was $20 and the DL was $40. Tony matched the price and I picked it promptly.

So from now on will Amazon DL not match the existing disc version pricing on their own site?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='MysterD']@KayDigi
I was namely referring to Amazon DVG matching other site's that have physical deals - i.e. NewEgg.
I don't think I've ever seen them do that.

I think it'd make sense for Amazon DVG to match their own Amazon Physical Products' price, if they wanted to.

You'd have to ask TONY about that, for clarification...he's the Amazon DVG Dude.

@Tony
Is it still likely that Amazon DVG might match their own Amazon Physical Video Games divisions?[/QUOTE]

I'd have to go back and check but I'm pretty sure the SSF4AE promotion you're talking about but I'm pretty sure that was a case of we (physical and digital) both had the same promotion running but our price point took longer to flip.

I can tell you that our policy since I've started has been "we don't match physical"

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='CheapThomas']Tony, is there a reason why you have neverwinter nights 2 for the mac (and at a dirt cheap price) but not one for the pc side? thanks!

http://www.amazon.com/Neverwinter-N..._2?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1332990212&sr=1-2[/QUOTE]

[quote name='MysterD']Gamersgate has NWN2 Mac for same price.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='houdinilogic']But, but... Amazon doesn't match gamersgate! ;)[/QUOTE]

This is a channel wide promotion that we have been running for almost 2 weeks...not a price match. Also we dont carry the PC version as the publishers are different. Same thing with rage...we carry mac but not pc ..

[quote name='MysterD']@TONY
When will we hear about next week's deals? ;)[/QUOTE]

Tomorrow :)

What is so special about Gamestop flash deal on Saint's Row 3 ?

THQ European store (specially the French one) has Saint's Row 3 + Season Pass DLC for 14.99€ ($19.96)

The DLC alone is $19.99 so we get the base game for free lol

[quote name='goodbyetonight']I already have ME and ME2 on 360 but for that price, why not? They're my favorite games.[/QUOTE]

I would have this same logic but the ME2 DLC kills the thought every time.

Hey Tony D, when is The Witcher 2 going on sale again?
The Enhanced Edition is coming soon and there's no sign of a Steam sale, so no-DRM is the answer :)

Thanks a lot, I hope we get it!

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back