Amazon PCDD $15 Walking Dead, $10 TERA ($15 CE) + BOGO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amazon DVG Deals

Official Representative
Feedback
4 (100%)
Hi CAGs,

NOTE: Preorder information is now in the second post of this thread.

War of the Roses - 10% off + free upgrade to House of York edition.

Deal of the week 9/16-9/22:

The Walking Dead (PC/MAC): $14.99 - Steam
Tera Standard Edition: $9.99 + $9.99 credit for another copy to give to a friend
Tera Collector's Edition: $14.99 + $14.99 credit for another copy to give to a friend

Please check out our newly launched Free-to-Play store when you get a moment!

I wanted to let you all know about some exciting new selection we just launched supported by a new technology.

As of today, Amazon.com will be offering Free to Play and MMO games that you can purchase virtual goods, currencies, and subscriptions for on Amazon.com. These purchases will be delivered directly into your game account. We're calling this new service Game Connect.

Amazon has teamed up with our launch partners to bring Amazon customers exclusive content and bonus offers for the opening of the Free to Play store. Here is some of the cool stuff you'll get just for linking your Amazon account with a game account:

Super MNC: Customers who link their Amazon account with a Super MNC account will receive an exclusive Team Spirit Assault Rifle. This weapon for the Assault Pro has a unique, team colored, metal barrel shroud and is only available through Amazon.

Stronghold Kingdoms: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Stronghold Kingdoms account will receive a starter pack valued at $10. This pack includes: 10 packs of strategy cards (50 cards), 100 card points, and a 7 day premium token (7 days of Premium).

Shin Megami Tensei: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Shin Megami Tensei account will receive a free Incense of Training. By making a purchase of 3,500 Crowns, customers will also receive a voucher (Candle), which is exchangeable for a Heart Candle Necklace. Customers who reach level 20 during the 12 week launch period, they will receive another voucher (Depository Rental Ticket).

Rise of Immortals: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Rise of Immortals account will receive a free character bundle. This exclusive bundle includes Karapyss and his alternate character skins Scarab and Pirate.

BattleSpace: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a BattleSpace account will receive 100 honor medals. By making a purchase of 3,500 Crowns, customers will also receive Commander Alya. Customers who reach level 10 before October 6th, will receive an additional 100 honor medals and ship parts set (α x20, β x4, γ x2).

Iron Grip: Marauders: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with an Iron Grip: Marauders account will be given a booster pack containing 5000 Gold, 2000 iron, repair truck level 2, ambulance level 2, and a tri-scout Level 1.

Allods: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with an Allods account will receive an exclusive starter package, valued at $15. This pack includes: 4x Token of the Explorer that can be brought to the Goblin Banker in your faction's capital in exchange for an increase in the size of the customer’s bag or bank deposit box, a Medium Bag of Crystal Chips that, combined with Gold Dust in-game, allow customers to combine/upgrade runes that increase damage/healing, and an Enchanted Saddle that summons a Rank 1 horse mount.

Pirate Galaxy: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Pirate Galaxy account will receive a Rapid Tank Starter Ship and 1,500 Energy to fuel the best items available.

Fiesta: Customers who purchase SparkCash to use in Fiesta will receive a 30-day swift and mighty Dark Pegasus Mount.

8BitMMO: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with an 8BitMMO account will receive three, exclusive, brand-new hats. These hats are a Cowboy Hat, a Blue Baseball Cap, and a Duck. Link your account and start your 8 bit adventure today.

Aika: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with an Aika account will receive an exclusive starter package valued at $15. This pack includes a Mount and Mount Saddle. Use the mount to travel far distances in half the time and resist environmental damages. Use the Mount Saddle to lower the requirement to ride other mounts.

Knights of the Sky: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Knights of the Sky account will receive a free Happy Hour, which increases the likelihood of recruiting better Heroes. Purchase 3,500 Crowns or more through Amazon and receive a free Labor Decree, which increases Construction queues from 3 to 5, or purchase 35,000 crowns or more and receive an exclusive free Hero (valid on first purchase only). Reach level 20 before October 6th, and receive 6 items that increase resource gain by 25%. Start playing today.

Rappelz: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Rappelz. account will get an exclusive starter package, valued at $15. This pack includes a Stamina Saver that stops stamina from decreasing for 1 hour, an Animal Cracker used to earn 50% more EXP for 1 hour, a Pet Resurrection Spell book that resurrects pets instantly after a fall in battle, a Feather of Summon which instantly summons a friend to aide in battle, and a Hidden Village Pass that gives 7 days of access to the exclusive Hidden Village.

Luvinia: Customers who make any purchase of SparkCash to use in Luvinia will receive a 30-day Flying Griffin Mount.

Flyff: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Flyff account will receive an exclusive starter package, valued at $15. This package contains a Magic Broom that allows customers to start flying immediately, bypassing the level 20 requirement, an S Protect Gift Box which will allow customers to upgrade an item to create stronger stats right from the start, a random Gift Box that contains something special, a Police Outfit, and a Kitty Pet to help collect loot.

Steel Legions: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a NEW Steel Legions account will receive one of three different, fully equipped premium tanks.

Pandora Saga: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Pandora Saga account will receive a Beginner Gear set. Customers who purchase 3,500 Crowns or more through Amazon will receive Recipe: Wing Shield Vol. 1 (first time purchasers only). Customers who reach Level 20 before October 6th will receive a horse mount.

And that's just the free stuff you get with linking.

We're also carrying the games below and offering Amazon exclusive in-game packs for each game which provide a higher value than normal virtual good purchases.

World of Tanks: Customers can purchase three different Amazon-exclusive World of Tanks packs: Starter Pack, Advanced Pack, and Expert Pack.

Runescape: Customers who purchase a 90 or 180 day membership package for Runescape will receive an exclusive Golden Katana.

War Inc. Battle Zone: Customers are able to purchase three different War Inc. Battle Zone Amazon exclusive packs: the Merc Pack, Heroic Pack, and Kill Em All Pack

Pre-Order Borderlands 2 from us for 10% off and help me get a tattoo! Yes it activates on Steam!

I am a huge Borderlands 2 fan and I want this to be our best selling pre-order ever. So I've drawn a line in the sand. If, from now until launch, we take 40,000 more preorders than where we were on 7/2/2012 I will get a Borderlands tattoo on my back.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']Thx MysterD I've got an email into my tech team. I'm going to take down the "activates on steam" off the OP until I know for sure.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

SR2 is in that list of CD Keys that activate on Steam.
They have to be in a certain format to activate up on Steam, though...

Saint's Row 2 CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q

The G4WL version of SR2 keys probably won't work on Steam...b/c, you know, Microsoft and Valve at that time weren't best of friends - and it was a rule back then for games on G4WL couldn't use Steam.
Same was true w/ FEAR 2 on G4WL - their version did NOT use Steam.
Securom and Steam usually have different key formats, BTW.

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']Oh dude I'm sorry :(.

I know some customers have been figuring out how much they're going to spend and buying gift cards in that amount so their CCs don't get jacked up.

FYI multi-product checkout is still something being worked on.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]
Great! I'd love to see that. I will go the gift card way until this gets sorted.

[quote name='pinkgun']MX vs ATV Reflex can be activated at steam as well ;)[/QUOTE]

Sweet thx, adding it to the OP.

[quote name='madnessnewb']Can I use the $10 gift credit to get 2xDarksiders or is it only per 1 item?[/QUOTE]

You should be able to.

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='bobphone']where are the "hints" about the Easter sale?[/QUOTE]

They are coming!

**EDIT** whoops, almost included my submission for the "I love League of Legends" contest lol.

Sorry!

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='bobphone']So all we know right now is Dragon Age, ME3 and Kingdoms?[/QUOTE]

and 55% of Crusader Kings II, Defenders of Ardania, and King Arthur II :).

Also, L.A. Noire base game for $4.99.

Cheers,
Tony

Might be in for L.A. Noire at that price. Also, didn't you say there were going to be a number of casual games?

[quote name='hal']Might be in for L.A. Noire at that price. Also, didn't you say there were going to be a number of casual games?[/QUOTE]

Yep, as noted in the other post we'll have 301 casual games on sale for $2.99 starting Thursday :).

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']Good questions, and I don't think you're whining at all. Basically, after looking at the last sale where we ran 66-75% off a ton of DLC we looked at how much interest there was (volume of sales on the DLC) vs. our costs (CS contacts, etc), and decided to try a different price point out.

We'll do this a few more times over the next few months to gauge response and get some good data, but I can tell you that early results point to the 25-50% off DLC being a better call. I'll keep you all posted though for sure.

Not sure on Alan Wake, I haven't worked with those guys at all yet (we just got them on board). BF3 won't see this sale, but ME3 will see sale.

Kingdoms of Amalur will be $39.99, which I think will be appealing given how that game has performed so far :).

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

Don't mean to sound unappreciative, but the 25% DLC being "better" makes me sad

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']and 55% of Crusader Kings II, Defenders of Ardania, and King Arthur II :).

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

man, i'll probably have to bite on LA noire for $5. will you have any of the DLC discounted?

[quote name='jsunjones']Don't mean to sound unappreciative, but the 25% DLC being "better" makes me sad[/QUOTE]

You and me both. To be clear, "better" isn't subjective, we've run this exact same set of DLC at 60%+ off with similar results to what we're seeing now. If this wasn't the case I'd be the first one pushing for more.

[quote name='houdinilogic']man, i'll probably have to bite on LA noire for $5. will you have any of the DLC discounted?[/QUOTE]

Sweet :). As for the DLC, we don't have anything slotted for it.

Cheers,
Tony

some questions:
1) What happens if I buy Bulletstorm and GFWL does not support my region?
2) Is DoW 2 Retribution worth without all the DLCs in multiplayer? Or should I wait for a full pack at better price?

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']I just added the "Activates on Steam" to the OP for the titles i'm sure about. Note on Saint's Row 2, i'm about 99% sure on it...any comments?

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

I got SR2 on March 4th from Amazon for $3.75 (Steam price match) and it activated on Steam.

Haven't tried it yet, but apparently, the game running too fast is a problem on Windows 7. But this is supposed to fix that:

http://saintsrowpowertools.com

Also, the Gentlemen of the Row mod is supposed to fix a lot of bugs, as well as add lots stuff to the game:

http://idolninja.com

Links thanks to RoobRoob on SD.

[quote name='juanjava']some questions:
[/QUOTE]

Well, you can't really blame Amazon and expect a refund if that was to be a problem. Amazon states this on the Bulletstorm site (and all Digital Downloads as far as I know):

"Downloading: Currently, this item is available only to customers located in the United States and who have a U.S. billing address."

The download is not a problem, however not sure if activation on GFWL is (which leads to the question how GFWL checks your region? Is it only for activation or every time when playing..IP address would mean you can't play while traveling outside the US....Any experts on this?)

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']You and me both. To be clear, "better" isn't subjective, we've run this exact same set of DLC at 60%+ off with similar results to what we're seeing now. If this wasn't the case I'd be the first one pushing for more.

Sweet :). As for the DLC, we don't have anything slotted for it.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

Dont think Genkibowl & G'z in space made that sale though :whistle2:(

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']and 55% of Crusader Kings II, Defenders of Ardania, and King Arthur II :).

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

A sale on Crusader Kings II? YESSSSSSSSSSSSSS, there is an Easter bunny.

Also, does it register on Steam? I took a look at this post: http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum...-Crusader-Kings-II-Sales-DLC-amp-Patching-FAQ

It seems like that it requires Steam, but could you confirm or deny that?

I bought Crusader Kings II when it released on Amazon and can confirm it uses Steam. The only DRM-free version is from Gamersgate.

[quote name='Landon66']I bought Crusader Kings II when it released on Amazon and can confirm it uses Steam. The only DRM-free version is from Gamersgate.[/QUOTE]

Awesome, thanks for the tip.

Is your planned Titan Quest Gold going to make the sale and if so, will it be DRM free or Steam? If you do get it, I'm so hyped and don't want to risk a second and miss it waiting for info!

Thanks so much for everything you do for your customers!

[quote name='Needles-Kane']Is your planned Titan Quest Gold going to make the sale and if so, will it be DRM free or Steam? If you do get it, I'm so hyped and don't want to risk a second and miss it waiting for info!

Thanks so much for everything you do for your customers![/QUOTE]

You're welcome man, as for Titan Quest, I'm working with the QA team to get it on board, not sure what the DRM solution is yet. As soon as I have more detail i'll update.

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='Chokehold of Cupid']does anyone know if the company of heroes games activate on steam?[/QUOTE]
Negative

So, will Scratches be part of this casual game sale? You hinted toward it being part of a big sale at the start of April so am I safe to put 2 and 2 together? :)

[quote name='Garbanzo']Well, you can't really blame Amazon and expect a refund if that was to be a problem. Amazon states this on the Bulletstorm site (and all Digital Downloads as far as I know):

"Downloading: Currently, this item is available only to customers located in the United States and who have a U.S. billing address."

The download is not a problem, however not sure if activation on GFWL is (which leads to the question how GFWL checks your region? Is it only for activation or every time when playing..IP address would mean you can't play while traveling outside the US....Any experts on this?)[/QUOTE]

I wasn't thinking about a refound or anything, I just wanted to know If the game can be played without GFWL. My bad, I didn't express myself right :)

I'm thinking forward, because Batman AC is region locked for me on Steam, and I really want that game (when it come on sale, of course), so I believed if Bulletstorm could work, then other games too

Yeah... I was holding out to see how much it would cost, but I'll just buy it from intkeys for $36ish now. Thanks anyways, Tony :).

[quote name='pinkgun']It looks like some parts of Spring sale has started, e.g Mass effect 3, Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0064TYOLW/[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Larce80']50 bucks :whistle2:?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='wafflepacman']Yeah... I was holding out to see how much it would cost, but I'll just buy it from intkeys for $36ish now. Thanks anyways, Tony :).[/QUOTE]

We are likely matching someone on that as the spring sale hasn't started yet. Although, $39.99 (Amalur) and $49.99 (mass effect 3) is where we will be.

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='avwjase']So, will Scratches be part of this casual game sale? You hinted toward it being part of a big sale at the start of April so am I safe to put 2 and 2 together? :)[/QUOTE]

Scratches is a great game. The extra short chapter from the Director's Cut is kinda goofy though. Overall it is a solid adventure-mystery.

[quote name='avwjase']So, will Scratches be part of this casual game sale? You hinted toward it being part of a big sale at the start of April so am I safe to put 2 and 2 together? :)[/QUOTE]

[quote name='The Nephilim']Scratches is a great game. The extra short chapter from the Director's Cut is kinda goofy though. Overall it is a solid adventure-mystery.[/QUOTE]

Scratches will be in the sale but since it is Meridian4 we're structuring their sale differently because of their catalogue containing so much core/casual stuff. Excluding the Arma series everything from Meridian4 that is normally more than $10 will be $4.99 everything that is normally $9.99 or less will be $3.99 (so Scratches) and the Arma series will be $9.99.

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='wafflepacman']Yeah... I was holding out to see how much it would cost, but I'll just buy it from [REDACTED] for $36ish now. Thanks anyways, Tony :).[/QUOTE]

/me stands on my soapbox.

Just a note. The company you mentioned is basically exploiting poor regions of the world where piracy is so rampant that the only way distributors can make money is by making their games extremely cheap. I know the prices are better but most of your dollar isn't going to the developers or the publisher. It is going to people who just scan the code in another region and send it to you. There is always a risk of the code not working as anticipated or being revoked later.

If your conscious is alright with that then all of this was a pointless post but I wanted to make sure that those who saw that could make an informed decision.

/me steps off my soap box

[quote name='Mikerrrr']Tony, do you know when your sale on Crusader Kings II will begin?[/QUOTE]

This is what I'm really interested in, would also like to know if you're allowed to tell us.

[quote name='Mikerrrr']Tony, do you know when your sale on Crusader Kings II will begin?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='tmacairjordan87']This is what I'm really interested in, would also like to know if you're allowed to tell us.[/QUOTE]

Hey there,

Sorry for the delay on this, I'm still putting together the full list and finalizing end date. I should have an announcement here tomorrow.

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='juanjava']some questions:
2) Is DoW 2 Retribution worth without all the DLCs in multiplayer? Or should I wait for a full pack at better price?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='juanjava']I wasn't thinking about a refound or anything, I just wanted to know If the game can be played without GFWL. My bad, I didn't express myself right :)

I'm thinking forward, because Batman AC is region locked for me on Steam, and I really want that game (when it come on sale, of course), so I believed if Bulletstorm could work, then other games too[/QUOTE]

GFWL only support 35 countries and that sucks

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Games_for_Windows_%E2%80%93_Live

What sucks more is that if you were in an unsupported country the GFWL key would register but lock itself to your account and "after" that it tells you your region is not supported ! lol

The solution is really simple though : Use a supported country in your GFWL account info :lol:

It is really funny coz Dirt 3 and Batman AC are bundled with Graphics Cards that are sold worldwide and me myself got both on my Steam account and they work just fine because my GFWL account has USA, but I know friends who bought graphics cards and the games were rendered useless after registering the keys !

I don't understand how people outside of GFWL regions are buying stuff from Amazon DD. GFWL supports the US region which is the only region that Amazon DD is supposed to be selling to.

Do they really not IP block and let people just use fako addresses? There are always ways around things but I would have thought Amazon would be putting more secure checks on things like that.

Also, announcing that you are buying from the Amazon DD store and outside of their region (ie violating their terms of service) on a thread with the Amazon rep is probably not the smartest thing to do.

Likewise announcing that you are buying black/grey market keys from some offshore site using Russian keys and violating Valve and EA's terms of service is also probably also not the smartest thing to do.

[quote name='r9800pro']GFWL only support 35 countries and that sucks

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Games_for_Windows_%E2%80%93_Live

What sucks more is that if you were in an unsupported country the GFWL key would register but lock itself to your account and "after" that it tells you your region is not supported ! lol

The solution is really simple though : Use a supported country in your GFWL account info :lol:

It is really funny coz Dirt 3 and Batman AC are bundled with Graphics Cards that are sold worldwide and me myself got both on my Steam account and they work just fine because my GFWL account has USA, but I know friends who bought graphics cards and the games were rendered useless after registering the keys ![/QUOTE]

I have some GFWL games and work like a charm. My doubt is because Bulletstorm does not appears on Steam to me (I'm not on US RIGH NOW, and I can't remember what region I set my GFWL back then :lol:).

[quote name='Motoki']I don't understand how people outside of GFWL regions are buying stuff from Amazon DD. GFWL supports the US region which is the only region that Amazon DD is supposed to be selling to.[/QUOTE]

What if I'm travelling or working for a period of time on another region outside US? Or if I created the GFWL being outside US?

Do they really not IP block and let people just use fako addresses? There are always ways around things but I would have thought Amazon would be putting more secure checks on things like that.

Also, announcing that you are buying from the Amazon DD store and outside of their region (ie violating their terms of service) on a thread with the Amazon rep is probably not the smartest thing to do.
Why you don't ask me about the case intead asuming whatever your head can assume?. As I stated, I'm sometimes in the US but most of the time don't. I got a LEGAL address there to bill my card. I'm a loyal Amazon customer from YEARS ago. So, please be YOU the smart one and stop making asumptions based on NOTHING.

Likewise announcing that you are buying black/grey market keys from some offshore site using Russian keys and violating Valve and EA's terms of service is also probably also not the smartest thing to do.
With that you go way out of the line. Show me where I say I did that.

Just take a look at my steam library and tell me if I need to create a "fake account", a "fake address", or something just to buy games. And that's just Steam. I also got games on GOG, Amazon and Origin. And A LOT of hardcopies bought from Amazon, even from the time Shogo, Blood 2, Betrayal in Antara and such were brand new.

It's the second time people on this forum offends me just for asking a simple question... I don't need this, I'm very polite with everyone here, I deserve a little respect I think. I'll close my account here. Bye

[quote name='juanjava']I have some GFWL games and work like a charm. My doubt is because Bulletstorm does not appears on Steam to me (I'm not on US RIGH NOW, and I can't remember what region I set my GFWL back then :lol:).

What if I'm travelling or working for a period of time on another region outside US? Or if I created the GFWL being outside US?

Why you don't ask me about the case intead asuming whatever your head can assume?. As I stated, I'm sometimes in the US but most of the time don't. I got a LEGAL address there to bill my card. I'm a loyal Amazon customer from YEARS ago. So, please be YOU the smart one and stop making asumptions based on NOTHING.

With that you go way out of the line. Show me where I say I did that.

Just take a look at my steam library and tell me if I need to create a "fake account", a "fake address", or something just to buy games. And that's just Steam. I also got games on GOG, Amazon and Origin. And A LOT of hardcopies bought from Amazon, even from the time Shogo, Blood 2, Betrayal in Antara and such were brand new.

It's the second time people on this forum offends me just for asking a simple question... I don't need this, I'm very polite with everyone here, I deserve a little respect I think. I'll close my account here. Bye[/QUOTE]

It was a question and not directly specifically at one person since others mentioned the GWFL thing.

I don't think it is out of line to have pause when people are supposed to be buying from the US region and then complain that another service is not allowing them to play their game because they are not in the US region.

As for the comment about the black/grey market Russian keys, that was not directed at you. Again I didn't mention your name specifically so if what I say doesn't apply to you then you can disregard it.

If you offend so easily that you wish to leave that is your choice.

[quote name='Motoki']It was a question and not directly specifically at one person since others mentioned the GWFL thing.

I don't think it is out of line to have pause when people are supposed to be buying from the US region and then complain that another service is not allowing them to play their game because they are not in the US region.

As for the comment about the black/grey market Russian keys, that was not directed at you. Again I didn't mention your name specifically so if what I say doesn't apply to you then you can disregard it.

If you offend so easily that you wish to leave that is your choice.[/QUOTE]

If I say: "Oh, I like the orange color", and someone next to me say "I can't understand why people like orange color, they are all idiots". What should I think?

I make a question about GFWL and region locking, you respond about GFWL and region locking immediately. It was obvious you were refering to me, who else then?. It's so easy to throw a rock and hiding the hand, and I'm too old for that

Not all GFWL games are region locked which is really weird. Batman Arkham Asylum and Dirt 2 for example are GFWL but available for me in Steam and not locked !

I live in Egypt and travel to USA every year or so to my brother and have a valid address there which is also used for "physical" items purchased from Amazon so when I use this address for Digital Downloads, my conscience is perfectly rested

On the other hand there are some Steam games like Dead Island which needs a US IP to activate. First I wanted to get it from Amazon when there is a good deal but after knowing about and when I knew about it being region locked I got it from a Steam trade Region Free (RoW) which means : Rest Of World

Just curious for those who own Space Marine, do you play multiplayer with k/m or with a gamepad?

I have SM on Xbox so i try to justify on getting SM for PC or not. Thanks

[quote name='agentghost']Just curious for those who own Space Marine, do you play multiplayer with k/m or with a gamepad?

I have SM on Xbox so i try to justify on getting SM for PC or not. Thanks[/QUOTE]

I played SM on PC with my 360 pad. Single player though. But the support is pretty perfect.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back