Amazon PCDD $15 Walking Dead, $10 TERA ($15 CE) + BOGO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amazon DVG Deals

Official Representative
Feedback
4 (100%)
Hi CAGs,

NOTE: Preorder information is now in the second post of this thread.

War of the Roses - 10% off + free upgrade to House of York edition.

Deal of the week 9/16-9/22:

The Walking Dead (PC/MAC): $14.99 - Steam
Tera Standard Edition: $9.99 + $9.99 credit for another copy to give to a friend
Tera Collector's Edition: $14.99 + $14.99 credit for another copy to give to a friend

Please check out our newly launched Free-to-Play store when you get a moment!

I wanted to let you all know about some exciting new selection we just launched supported by a new technology.

As of today, Amazon.com will be offering Free to Play and MMO games that you can purchase virtual goods, currencies, and subscriptions for on Amazon.com. These purchases will be delivered directly into your game account. We're calling this new service Game Connect.

Amazon has teamed up with our launch partners to bring Amazon customers exclusive content and bonus offers for the opening of the Free to Play store. Here is some of the cool stuff you'll get just for linking your Amazon account with a game account:

Super MNC: Customers who link their Amazon account with a Super MNC account will receive an exclusive Team Spirit Assault Rifle. This weapon for the Assault Pro has a unique, team colored, metal barrel shroud and is only available through Amazon.

Stronghold Kingdoms: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Stronghold Kingdoms account will receive a starter pack valued at $10. This pack includes: 10 packs of strategy cards (50 cards), 100 card points, and a 7 day premium token (7 days of Premium).

Shin Megami Tensei: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Shin Megami Tensei account will receive a free Incense of Training. By making a purchase of 3,500 Crowns, customers will also receive a voucher (Candle), which is exchangeable for a Heart Candle Necklace. Customers who reach level 20 during the 12 week launch period, they will receive another voucher (Depository Rental Ticket).

Rise of Immortals: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Rise of Immortals account will receive a free character bundle. This exclusive bundle includes Karapyss and his alternate character skins Scarab and Pirate.

BattleSpace: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a BattleSpace account will receive 100 honor medals. By making a purchase of 3,500 Crowns, customers will also receive Commander Alya. Customers who reach level 10 before October 6th, will receive an additional 100 honor medals and ship parts set (α x20, β x4, γ x2).

Iron Grip: Marauders: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with an Iron Grip: Marauders account will be given a booster pack containing 5000 Gold, 2000 iron, repair truck level 2, ambulance level 2, and a tri-scout Level 1.

Allods: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with an Allods account will receive an exclusive starter package, valued at $15. This pack includes: 4x Token of the Explorer that can be brought to the Goblin Banker in your faction's capital in exchange for an increase in the size of the customer’s bag or bank deposit box, a Medium Bag of Crystal Chips that, combined with Gold Dust in-game, allow customers to combine/upgrade runes that increase damage/healing, and an Enchanted Saddle that summons a Rank 1 horse mount.

Pirate Galaxy: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Pirate Galaxy account will receive a Rapid Tank Starter Ship and 1,500 Energy to fuel the best items available.

Fiesta: Customers who purchase SparkCash to use in Fiesta will receive a 30-day swift and mighty Dark Pegasus Mount.

8BitMMO: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with an 8BitMMO account will receive three, exclusive, brand-new hats. These hats are a Cowboy Hat, a Blue Baseball Cap, and a Duck. Link your account and start your 8 bit adventure today.

Aika: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with an Aika account will receive an exclusive starter package valued at $15. This pack includes a Mount and Mount Saddle. Use the mount to travel far distances in half the time and resist environmental damages. Use the Mount Saddle to lower the requirement to ride other mounts.

Knights of the Sky: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Knights of the Sky account will receive a free Happy Hour, which increases the likelihood of recruiting better Heroes. Purchase 3,500 Crowns or more through Amazon and receive a free Labor Decree, which increases Construction queues from 3 to 5, or purchase 35,000 crowns or more and receive an exclusive free Hero (valid on first purchase only). Reach level 20 before October 6th, and receive 6 items that increase resource gain by 25%. Start playing today.

Rappelz: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Rappelz. account will get an exclusive starter package, valued at $15. This pack includes a Stamina Saver that stops stamina from decreasing for 1 hour, an Animal Cracker used to earn 50% more EXP for 1 hour, a Pet Resurrection Spell book that resurrects pets instantly after a fall in battle, a Feather of Summon which instantly summons a friend to aide in battle, and a Hidden Village Pass that gives 7 days of access to the exclusive Hidden Village.

Luvinia: Customers who make any purchase of SparkCash to use in Luvinia will receive a 30-day Flying Griffin Mount.

Flyff: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Flyff account will receive an exclusive starter package, valued at $15. This package contains a Magic Broom that allows customers to start flying immediately, bypassing the level 20 requirement, an S Protect Gift Box which will allow customers to upgrade an item to create stronger stats right from the start, a random Gift Box that contains something special, a Police Outfit, and a Kitty Pet to help collect loot.

Steel Legions: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a NEW Steel Legions account will receive one of three different, fully equipped premium tanks.

Pandora Saga: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Pandora Saga account will receive a Beginner Gear set. Customers who purchase 3,500 Crowns or more through Amazon will receive Recipe: Wing Shield Vol. 1 (first time purchasers only). Customers who reach Level 20 before October 6th will receive a horse mount.

And that's just the free stuff you get with linking.

We're also carrying the games below and offering Amazon exclusive in-game packs for each game which provide a higher value than normal virtual good purchases.

World of Tanks: Customers can purchase three different Amazon-exclusive World of Tanks packs: Starter Pack, Advanced Pack, and Expert Pack.

Runescape: Customers who purchase a 90 or 180 day membership package for Runescape will receive an exclusive Golden Katana.

War Inc. Battle Zone: Customers are able to purchase three different War Inc. Battle Zone Amazon exclusive packs: the Merc Pack, Heroic Pack, and Kill Em All Pack

Pre-Order Borderlands 2 from us for 10% off and help me get a tattoo! Yes it activates on Steam!

I am a huge Borderlands 2 fan and I want this to be our best selling pre-order ever. So I've drawn a line in the sand. If, from now until launch, we take 40,000 more preorders than where we were on 7/2/2012 I will get a Borderlands tattoo on my back.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='UW_Shocks']I'm pretty sure it still has SecuROM

I remember Crytek making a post recently [during the launch of Crysis 2 Maximum Edition], that the activations limits on Crysis 1 and Warhead were raised to some outrageous number like 50 or 100.
It was done to give owners the chance to re-install and play the original Crysis in preparation of Cry2-Max.

**EDIT** Found it: http://www.mycrysis.com/forums/topic46212
Looks like it was raised to 50 activations, in celebration of the announcement of Crysis 3.[/QUOTE]

They increased the limit for the disk version, but I haven't seen any confirmation that the download version had its activation limit increased as well. Doesn't seem like it would be, unless stated otherwise.

[quote name='sunghost']They increased the limit for the disk version, but I haven't seen any confirmation that the download version had its activation limit increased as well. Doesn't seem like it would be, unless stated otherwise.[/QUOTE]

It applies to the digital version as well.

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='jester55']Hey Tony!
Any word yet of coming sales for:

Heart of Irons III Complete (Steam)
Victoria II: A House Divided (Steam)
Dawn of Discovery Gold

Thanks![/QUOTE]

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']
I'm working on more Paradox/Ubisoft deals. Stay tuned.
Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

Any word yet on how this is coming?
Thanks!

[quote name='xland1']Does anyone know if Crysis Maximum includes a key that can be used on Steam?[/QUOTE]

It doesn't. It's the same as the retail boxed DVD version.

[quote name='xland1']Does anyone know if Crysis Maximum includes a key that can be used on Steam?[/QUOTE]
EA Games DO NOT EVER activate on Steam.

EA and Steam ARE NOT friends -- especially since Steam's new rule went into effect and since EA wants to push the hell out of ORIGIN.

Most EA games activate on ORIGIN, but Crysis 1 Maximum...not sure.
It might be old enough to NOT activate on Origin.
Maybe someone on here can talk about Crysis 1 Maximum?

I'd guess Crysis 2 Maximum keys should activate on Origin.
I got Crysis 2 Original Edition from Amazon DVG...and that activated on ORIGIN.

EA games do not activate on steam, so no it won't be

[quote name='MysterD']EA Games DO NOT EVER activate on Steam.

EA and Steam ARE NOT friends -- especially since Steam's new rule went into effect and since EA wants to push the hell out of ORIGIN.

Most EA games activate on ORIGIN, but Crysis 1 Maximum...not sure.
It might be old enough to NOT activate on Origin.
Maybe someone on here can talk about Crysis 1 Maximum?

I'd guess Crysis 2 Maximum keys should activate on Origin.
I got Crysis 2 Original Edition from Amazon DVG...and that activated on ORIGIN.[/QUOTE]

Can you please explain this? Are you saying that you cannot purchase a key from Origin and activate it on Steam (which I understand)?

I purchased Crysis 1 + 2 on Steam and I don't think I ever went to Origin for any activation. You can also purchase Kingdoms of Amalur on Steam. Doesn't that still get registered via Steam and launched through that application?

[quote name='Splines']Lolz. There's something amusing about raising an activation limit in celebration.[/QUOTE]

Makes perfect sense to me, if one thinks that activation limits thwart piracy (and that pirates are mainly interested in the newest release of a game series.) Remember how Ubisoft too about a year after release before dropping always-on-Uplay from AssCred 2 and AssCred: Bros. (I do since I refused to buy them until then.)

[quote name='CaptainSlow']Can you please explain this? Are you saying that you cannot purchase a key from Origin and activate it on Steam (which I understand)?

I purchased Crysis 1 + 2 on Steam and I don't think I ever went to Origin for any activation. You can also purchase Kingdoms of Amalur on Steam. Doesn't that still get registered via Steam and launched through that application?[/QUOTE]

Origin activation isn't exactly like Steam. In most cases Steamworks games don't activate at all unless you register them to Steam.

Origin games only have two games so far that require Origin to even be played. These are Battlefield 3 and Mass Effect 3. All other EA games allow optional activation on Origin using their serial key. They can be played without Origin which is why you didn't have to activate the copies you bought on Steam; though you still have the choice to do so at any time and have a copy on each client:)

Kingdoms of Amular is only published by EA everywhere except for Steam. The Steam version is published by the developer and is the same game, but has no support from EA. It's basically an indy game that EA helped to distribute.

[quote name='CaptainSlow']Can you please explain this? Are you saying that you cannot purchase a key from Origin and activate it on Steam (which I understand)?[/quote]
CORRECT.

EA and Valve - they're competitors, you know...

I purchased Crysis 1 + 2 on Steam and I don't think I ever went to Origin for any activation.
B/c you bought the Steam version.
Also, Origin is NOT required to run those games.

Though, the other way around is sometimes true - you can activate some Steam keys of EA games right onto ORIGIN.
That would net you an extra copy of the game onto Origin (Sweet!), in case something happens to Steam itself (i.e. Steam goes out of business; or someone buys them out) or your Steam account (i.e. maybe you got banned; or you didn't agree to the new SSA).
Crysis 2 keys from Steam might ALSO optionally activate on ORIGIN - you could input the key into Origin and find out the hard way.
My copy of Burnout Paradise from Steam, that key can be ACTIVATED up also on Origin - speaking from experience here.
Sames goes for DAO: Ultimate that I bought from Steam -- activated right up on Origin.

You can also purchase Kingdoms of Amalur on Steam. Doesn't that still get registered via Steam and launched through that application?
38 Studios and BHG were NOT EA-owned. They were part of the EA Partners program - just like Crytek, who developed Crysis 2.
Being part of that special EA Partners program, these independent studios also have MORE leeway of how and where they can release games and DLC's, as well.

KOA: Reckoning - Steam Version was PUBLISHED by 38 Studios. This version is different on how it deals w/ DRM; it uses Steam.
KOA: Reckoning - Non-Steam Versions (Retail and Digital) REQUIRE Origin period and were published by EA.

[quote name='asheskitty']Makes perfect sense to me, if one thinks that activation limits thwart piracy (and that pirates are mainly interested in the newest release of a game series.) Remember how Ubisoft too about a year after release before dropping always-on-Uplay from AssCred 2 and AssCred: Bros. (I do since I refused to buy them until then.)[/QUOTE]

Personally I hate activation limits because they do nothing to address piracy and only serve to lose sales and/or piss off the consumer. DRM only works until its cracked, usually within days for most AAA titles. So pirates end up with a copy of a game without activation limits while paying customers may have to deal with csr headaches (or lose their gaming privileges) depending on personal situations. How does this make any business sense?

I suspect some business guys have some dreams of being able to resell the same title multiple times, in essence building in depreciation (or really planned obsolensce) in their products. Considering that these ideas ultimately proved to be a disaster to the American car industry against their Japanese competitors and required a lot of catching-up and marketing to rectify, I think the reputation hits and lost sales probably outweigh any positive benefits created by activation sales.

In conclusion, activation limits do not thwart piracy. They only piss off paying customers and probably end up costing more money than they make for the publishers and devleopers.

And since this is an Amazon thread, three cheers for Amazon having the business acumen to avoid these activation limits headaches by promising to release a new code if we run into this problem. :applause:

[quote name='nategator']Personally I hate activation limits because they do nothing to address piracy and only serve to lose sales and/or piss off the consumer. DRM only works until its cracked, usually within days for most AAA titles. So pirates end up with a copy of a game without activation limits while paying customers may have to deal with csr headaches (or lose their gaming privileges) depending on personal situations. How does this make any business sense?
[/QUOTE]
I think DRM has also an ulterior motive.
Activation limits and/or forcing a gamer to tie a game-key to one specific account on a specific service (like Steam and Origin do) = MURDERS used game sales on EBay, GameStop, and any of those other 2nd-hand markets.

EDIT:
We know the consoles have an INSANE amount of used game sales on the market...especially at GameStop; and we've heard the outcries of dev's and publishers before on the whole 2nd-market there.
Some have called it even worse than piracy!
Whether you agree, disagree, don't care, or not sure on where you might stand on that issue - that's a whole another discussion entirely. ;)

EDIT 2:
Another thing about install-limiting DRM - maybe they (the publishers) think they can get a gamer to NOT want to deal w/ customer service for trying to get more activations...and the gamers just goes out and re-buys the game. ;)

I'm not going to get into an in depth discussion about DRM, you all know I push regularly to offer DRM free and Steam options regularly. I will say that if people didn't pirate games then there would be no room for conversation at all though.

Regarding more deals, starting on Sunday we'll have some fun stuff from Devolver and Enlight:

Enlight:

All the games below - $5.99

Capitalism 2 - $2.49
Football Mogul 2007 - $1.24
Seven Kingdoms 2 - $2.49
Hotel Giant - $2.49
Circus Empire - $2.49
Marine Park Empire - $2.49
Zoo Empire - $2.49
Restaurant Empire - $2.49
Warlords Battlecry 3 $4.99
Nemesis of the Roman Empire - $4.99

Devolver:

Bundle of All Serious Sam Games - $19.99

Serious Sam: The Random Encounter -1.24
Serious Sam: The Random Encounter - 4 Pack -3.74
Serious Sam 2 -2.49
Serious Sam 2 - 4 Pack -7.49
Serious Sam Double D -1.99
Serious Sam Double D - 4 Pack -5.99
Serious Sam HD: The First Encounter -3.74
Serious Sam HD: The First Encounter - 4 Pack -11.24
Serious Sam 3: BFE -9.99
Serious Sam 3: BFE - 4 Pack -29.99
Serious Sam HD: The Second Encounter -4.99
Serious Sam HD: The Second Encounter - 4 Pack -14.99
Serious Sam HD: The Second Encounter - Legend of the Beast DLC Pack -2.49

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']I'm not going to get into an in depth discussion about DRM, you all know I push regularly to offer DRM free and Steam options regularly. I will say that if people didn't pirate games then there would be no room for conversation at all though.

Regarding more deals, starting on Sunday we'll have some fun stuff from Devolver and Enlight:

Enlight:

Capitalism 2 - $2.49
Seven Kingdoms 2 - $2.49
Hotel Giant - $2.49
Circus Empire - $2.49
Zoo Empire - $2.49

Devolver:

Bundle of All Serious Sam Games - $19.99

Serious Sam: The Random Encounter -1.24
Serious Sam: The Random Encounter - 4 Pack -3.74
Serious Sam 2 -2.49
Serious Sam 2 - 4 Pack -7.49
Serious Sam Double D -1.99
Serious Sam Double D - 4 Pack -5.99
Serious Sam HD: The First Encounter -3.74
Serious Sam HD: The First Encounter - 4 Pack -11.24
Serious Sam 3: BFE -9.99
Serious Sam 3: BFE - 4 Pack -29.99
Serious Sam HD: The Second Encounter -4.99
Serious Sam HD: The Second Encounter - 4 Pack -14.99
Serious Sam HD: The Second Encounter - Legend of the Beast DLC Pack -2.49

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

Tony, apologies if my minirant started to pull the thread off-topic and you make a great point. /off-topic

Any chance at all of Mass Effect 3 or other Origin-exclusive DLC making this Labor Day sale or a future Amazon sale? No worries if the answer is no, just curious.

Motoki, this has your name all over it. While maybe not as out there as a woodcutter sim, it's still different stuff at a great price.

...and why do I feel sure I'm going to buy this?

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']Regarding more deals, starting on Sunday we'll have some fun stuff from Devolver and Enlight:

Enlight:

Capitalism 2 - $2.49
Seven Kingdoms 2 - $2.49
Hotel Giant - $2.49
Circus Empire - $2.49
Zoo Empire - $2.49
[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']Oh yeah, forgot to address this, it (Sonic Generations) will be $9.99 for 24 hours at one point during the Labor Day sale.[/QUOTE]
That's a lot of fun for $9.99.

Also it activates on Steam which should be a huge plus for many here.

[quote name='jrodri86']Hey Tony any chances on having CIV 5 on the labor day sale? Thanks in advance.[/QUOTE]

Next weekend we will have the franchise, including dlc for 75% off gods and kings 10% off.

Cheers,
Tony

Might have missed it (I recall some e-mail from Amazon about it but might have been physical version) but did Alpha Protocol (download version) get a sale recently? If so, I fail. If not, any plans and Steam version possible?

Hey Tony,

Don't think you replied to my question that I asked a few days ago but is there Amazon download version of "A Vamprye Story"

Thanks

[quote name='CaptainSlow']Hi Tony,

Thanks a lot for keeping us informed about all of these deals. While I don't think I'll buy much since I prefer Steam games it's really nice to see the community support from Amazon. Steam could really learn a lot from you guys. Just as an example Amazon locked and closed my account because they weren't sure I was making the purchases. It took about 24 hours to get the issue resolved. Conversely, Steam did the same thing and it took them four days.

Again, if I ever get over my hangup of having all games in one app (rather than Steam and Origin and Impulse...that Kingdoms of Amalur sale really hurts since I won't get it) I'd definitely move most of my business to you folks.[/QUOTE]
Not sure what you mean, because a LOT of these Amazon sales are for games redeemable on Steam. Steam isn't the only digital retailer to buy Steam games from; don't trap yourself into only buying from the Steam Store, because you can often get much better deals elsewhere. For example, Amazon just sold Divinity II: The Dragon Knight Saga for $5.99 (redeemable on Steam), while the lowest it's been on the Steam Store is $9.99.

Just a tip. :)

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']Enlight:

Capitalism 2 - $2.49
Seven Kingdoms 2 - $2.49
Hotel Giant - $2.49
Circus Empire - $2.49
Zoo Empire - $2.49
Nemesis of the Roman Empire - $4.99[/QUOTE]
Does anyone know if any of these games are good? I LOVE me some cheap games, but respectfully, most of these look really bad. :cry:

That 1C Collection is too much value, holy crap.
I did notice Kings Bounty is listed multiple times, like GOTY and Platinum + games themselves; does that mean this one actually includes multiple copies of the game?

All these sales and Best Buy going crazy with console games, my wallet is getting murdered.

[quote name='Mooby']Might have missed it (I recall some e-mail from Amazon about it but might have been physical version) but did Alpha Protocol (download version) get a sale recently? If so, I fail. If not, any plans and Steam version possible?[/QUOTE]

We haven't had alpha protocol on sale recently working on it though.

[quote name='voken']Hey Tony,

Don't think you replied to my question that I asked a few days ago but is there Amazon download version of "A Vamprye Story"

Thanks[/QUOTE]

Sorry I saw this and meant to respond...who makes it?

[quote name='xRidley']That 1C Collection is too much value, holy crap.
I did notice Kings Bounty is listed multiple times, like GOTY and Platinum + games themselves; does that mean this one actually includes multiple copies of the game?

All these sales and Best Buy going crazy with console games, my wallet is getting murdered.[/QUOTE]

Yes you will get multiples...lots of value :) tell your friends...

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']Next weekend we will have the franchise, including dlc for 75% off gods and kings 10% off.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

Thank you good sir, you'll have my money next weekend for sure :)

Warlords and Nemesis are both pretty good strategy games. Warlords is one of the earliest heralds of the Hero Unit focused RTS that the genre has managed to adopt pretty heavily.

Hey Tony, is there any chance at a Kalypso sale going for this Labor Day event? I'm interested in the Disciples III games, and Steam just had the Gold Edition (Renaissance + Resurrection) for $14.99. They've actually had Renaissance for $4.99 and Resurrection for $6.79 relatively recently.

I see that Amazon has a preorder available for Disciples III: Gold Edition, but it's for the physical game only, while you DO have the two games that make it up available separately (and Renaissance is on sale for $5.04 NOW on Amazon).

Are you going to carry the Gold Edition digitally? Or just the two separate titles as you have now? I'd love to see a killer sale on a bundle, like both the Bioshock games or Dead Space games for around $8. A Disciples III bundle for the same price would be awesome; just a thought. :)

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']We haven't had alpha protocol on sale recently working on it though.

Sorry I saw this and meant to respond...who makes it?

Yes you will get multiples...lots of value :) tell your friends...

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

Tony,

The Publisher for "A Vampyre Story" was Crimson Cow & The Adventure Company according to Wikipedia. I see it on Amazon in physical form http://www.amazon.com/A-Vampyre-Story-Pc/dp/B001F0J70I but is there a Download form of this game?

[quote name='Idiotekque']Not sure what you mean, because a LOT of these Amazon sales are for games redeemable on Steam. Steam isn't the only digital retailer to buy Steam games from; don't trap yourself into only buying from the Steam Store, because you can often get much better deals elsewhere. For example, Amazon just sold Divinity II: The Dragon Knight Saga for $5.99 (redeemable on Steam), while the lowest it's been on the Steam Store is $9.99.

Does anyone know if any of these games are good? I LOVE me some cheap games, but respectfully, most of these look really bad. :cry:[/QUOTE]

I can't speak from personal experience, but reading from the reviews most of the negative negative ones are due to compatibility issues.

Some strategy games thrown in there and plenty of sims. Might just chance it for the price.

Here is a link to the Vampyre Story game on GG for a point of reference as to who might have publishing rights:

http://www.gamersgate.com/DD-AVS/a-vampyre-story

[quote name='Idiotekque']The Dragon Knight Saga for $5.99 (redeemable on Steam), while the lowest it's been on the Steam Store is $9.99.

Does anyone know if any of these games are good? I LOVE me some cheap games, but respectfully, most of these look really bad. :cry:[/QUOTE]
Even better Amazon had DKS DRM-free earlier in the year for $6.
Try thinking of it like this, that's priced $6 (indie bundle pricing) for more than the usual number of games. It depends on your small bucks appetite for risk. (Full Disclosure: I always give retail bargain bins of games at least a quick browse for something to take a chance on.) Also consider how many big-name games you've gambled tens of dollars on and lost?

[quote name='xRidley']That 1C Collection is too much value, holy crap.
[/QUOTE]
[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']Yes you will get multiples...lots of value :) tell your friends...[/QUOTE]
o_O Does anyone know if there is any issue with having duplicate digital downloads on Amazon? (e.g. I already have King's Bounty Platinum from Amazon, single key/file btw, fyi in the Platinum edition Armored Princess is part of the Crossworlds expansion)

[quote name='asheskitty']Even better Amazon had DKS DRM-free earlier in the year for $6.
Try thinking of it like this, that's priced $6 (indie bundle pricing) for more than the usual number of games. It depends on your small bucks appetite for risk. (Full Disclosure: I always give retail bargain bins of games at least a quick browse for something to take a chance on.) Also consider how many big-name games you've gambled tens of dollars on and lost?

o_O Does anyone know if there is any issue with having duplicate digital downloads on Amazon? (e.g. I already have King's Bounty Platinum from Amazon, single key/file btw, fyi in the Platinum edition Armored Princess is part of the Crossworlds expansion)[/QUOTE]

There is no issue with multiples. All multiples mean in the digital world is that you need another key for whatever DRM solution the game uses. So we just add another line item with a new key. We haven't offered steam keys for these before though sort for those games it will look like a new product in your games and software library with a steam key.

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='asheskitty']o_O Does anyone know if there is any issue with having duplicate digital downloads on Amazon? (e.g. I already have King's Bounty Platinum from Amazon, single key/file btw, fyi in the Platinum edition Armored Princess is part of the Crossworlds expansion)[/QUOTE]
Shouldn't have a problem. I've bought multiple copies of games on Amazon (for give-aways, gifts, etc) and it worked just fine. Of course, those were all Steam key games, not three copies of some DRM free title. It just has a "warning" letting you know "You purchased this title on February 3rd, 2012" but it'll show multiple keys in the "Your downloads" section.

Amazon is seemingly the only place where you can do this. I know GMG and Impulse won't let you buy more than one copy of a title. Never tried on GamersGate or GGG.

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']There is no issue with multiples. All multiples mean in the digital world is that you need another key for whatever DRM solution the game uses. So we just add another line item with a new key. We haven't offered steam keys for these before though sort for those games it will look like a new product in your games and software library with a steam key.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Syntax Error']Shouldn't have a problem. I've bought multiple copies of games on Amazon (for give-aways, gifts, etc) and it worked just fine. Of course, those were all Steam key games, not three copies of some DRM free title. It just has a "warning" letting you know "You purchased this title on February 3rd, 2012" but it'll show multiple keys in the "Your downloads" section.

Amazon is seemingly the only place where you can do this. I know GMG and Impulse won't let you buy more than one copy of a title. Never tried on GamersGate or GGG.[/QUOTE]

:whee: Thanks!

I hear GamersGate has some weird two-purchase per account limit.

[quote name='asheskitty']:whee: Thanks!

I hear GamersGate has some weird two-purchase per account limit.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, GreenManGaming has a two per item limit and apparently GMG has a 1 per item limit.

The good thing about Gamersgate is they often have four packs so you can buy two four packs and two individual games if you need 10 copies of something.

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']Next weekend we will have the franchise, including dlc for 75% off gods and kings 10% off.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

Trying to decypher this. Gods and Kings will be 10% off, and everything else 75% off? Trying to decide if I should return my $19.99 Civ 5 GotY from Best Buy.

[quote name='Idiotekque']Not sure what you mean, because a LOT of these Amazon sales are for games redeemable on Steam. Steam isn't the only digital retailer to buy Steam games from; don't trap yourself into only buying from the Steam Store, because you can often get much better deals elsewhere. For example, Amazon just sold Divinity II: The Dragon Knight Saga for $5.99 (redeemable on Steam), while the lowest it's been on the Steam Store is $9.99.

Sorry what I meant to say was Steam or Steam keys. I've purchased Steam games from Amazon, Gamersgate, Greenman, etc. I do hope that some games will be Steam keys.

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']Yes, all those games for $15 :).

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

Tony, you've got to keep poking those dev hamsters to get us a better digital download page. My page is already pretty unmanageable even before a bundle like this.

[quote name='elessar123']Trying to decypher this. Gods and Kings will be 10% off, and everything else 75% off? Trying to decide if I should return my $19.99 Civ 5 GotY from Best Buy.[/QUOTE]

Your interpretation is correct,

Gods and Kings 10% off
Everything else Civ V and Civ IV that we carry: 75% off. You could return your GOTY and get Civ V GOTY AND Civ IV Complete from us...and your Civ IV Complete would be a Steam key...

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']Your interpretation is correct,

Gods and Kings 10% off
Everything else Civ V and Civ IV that we carry: 75% off. You could return your GOTY and get Civ V GOTY AND Civ IV Complete from us...and your Civ IV Complete would be a Steam key...

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

Thanks. Already have Civ IV, but I need to check if it's GotY or not.

Gods and Kings 10% off

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

Tony, you forgot to add "Muahahahaha"

Not sure if you missed this Tony. Just in case:

"Is there any chance at a Kalypso sale going for this Labor Day event? I'm interested in the Disciples III games, and Steam just had the Gold Edition (Renaissance + Resurrection) for $14.99. They've actually had Renaissance for $4.99 and Resurrection for $6.79 relatively recently.

I see that Amazon has a preorder available for Disciples III: Gold Edition, but it's for the physical game only, while you DO have the two games that make it up available separately (and Renaissance is on sale for $5.04 NOW on Amazon).

Are you going to carry the Gold Edition digitally? Or just the two separate titles as you have now? I'd love to see a killer sale on a bundle, like both the Bioshock games or Dead Space games for around $8. A Disciples III bundle for the same price would be awesome; just a thought. :)"

[quote name='jrodri86']Hey Tony any chances on having CIV 5 on the labor day sale? Thanks in advance.[/QUOTE]

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

[quote name='elessar123']Trying to decypher this. Gods and Kings will be 10% off, and everything else 75% off? Trying to decide if I should return my $19.99 Civ 5 GotY from Best Buy.[/QUOTE]

Gods and Kings 10% off

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

[quote name='elessar123']Thanks. Already have Civ IV, but I need to check if it's GotY or not.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='nategator']Tony, you forgot to add "Muahahahaha"[/QUOTE]

Lol I did leave out the Muahahahahahah.

I just realized this one isn't finalized yet, meaning I don't have it locked and loaded for next weekend for sure, so hold on to that return. I'll update when I have a final confirmation.

[quote name='Idiotekque']Not sure if you missed this Tony. Just in case:

"Is there any chance at a Kalypso sale going for this Labor Day event? I'm interested in the Disciples III games, and Steam just had the Gold Edition (Renaissance + Resurrection) for $14.99. They've actually had Renaissance for $4.99 and Resurrection for $6.79 relatively recently.

Are you going to carry the Gold Edition digitally? Or just the two separate titles as you have now? I'd love to see a killer sale on a bundle, like both the Bioshock games or Dead Space games for around $8. A Disciples III bundle for the same price would be awesome; just a thought. :)"[/QUOTE]

Sorry I saw this and meant to respond. We'll have a $12.49 bundle in the next couple of weeks with:

Airline Tycoon 2 [Download]
Disciples III Renaissance [Download]
Disciples III - Resurrection [Download]
Dungeons [Download]
Dungeons: The Dark Lord [Download]
Tropico 3 [Download]

No word on Steam keys yet.

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']Sorry I saw this and meant to respond. We'll have a $12.49 bundle in the next couple of weeks with:

Airline Tycoon 2 [Download] Disciples III Renaissance [Download] Disciples III - Resurrection [Download] Dungeons [Download] Dungeons: The Dark Lord [Download] Tropico 3 [Download]

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]
Holy Shaq-fu, you're kidding.

:bow:

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']Lol I did leave out the Muahahahahahah.

I just realized this one isn't finalized yet, meaning I don't have it locked and loaded for next weekend for sure, so hold on to that return. I'll update when I have a final confirmation.

Sorry I saw this and meant to respond. We'll have a $12.49 bundle in the next couple of weeks with:

Airline Tycoon 2 [Download]
Disciples III Renaissance [Download]
Disciples III - Resurrection [Download]
Dungeons [Download]
Dungeons: The Dark Lord [Download]
Tropico 3 [Download]

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

I would buy this had I not already bought Dungeons Gold just two days ago on steam. Oh well.

[quote name='jatan11t']I would buy this had I not already bought Dungeons Gold just two days ago on steam. Oh well.[/QUOTE]
Dungeons is probably the weakest game out of the bundle (bar perhaps Airline Tycoon, but who knows?), so it's still pretty worth it... Just the Disciples games are worth that. >.>

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back