Amazon PCDD $15 Walking Dead, $10 TERA ($15 CE) + BOGO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amazon DVG Deals

Official Representative
Feedback
4 (100%)
Hi CAGs,

NOTE: Preorder information is now in the second post of this thread.

War of the Roses - 10% off + free upgrade to House of York edition.

Deal of the week 9/16-9/22:

The Walking Dead (PC/MAC): $14.99 - Steam
Tera Standard Edition: $9.99 + $9.99 credit for another copy to give to a friend
Tera Collector's Edition: $14.99 + $14.99 credit for another copy to give to a friend

Please check out our newly launched Free-to-Play store when you get a moment!

I wanted to let you all know about some exciting new selection we just launched supported by a new technology.

As of today, Amazon.com will be offering Free to Play and MMO games that you can purchase virtual goods, currencies, and subscriptions for on Amazon.com. These purchases will be delivered directly into your game account. We're calling this new service Game Connect.

Amazon has teamed up with our launch partners to bring Amazon customers exclusive content and bonus offers for the opening of the Free to Play store. Here is some of the cool stuff you'll get just for linking your Amazon account with a game account:

Super MNC: Customers who link their Amazon account with a Super MNC account will receive an exclusive Team Spirit Assault Rifle. This weapon for the Assault Pro has a unique, team colored, metal barrel shroud and is only available through Amazon.

Stronghold Kingdoms: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Stronghold Kingdoms account will receive a starter pack valued at $10. This pack includes: 10 packs of strategy cards (50 cards), 100 card points, and a 7 day premium token (7 days of Premium).

Shin Megami Tensei: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Shin Megami Tensei account will receive a free Incense of Training. By making a purchase of 3,500 Crowns, customers will also receive a voucher (Candle), which is exchangeable for a Heart Candle Necklace. Customers who reach level 20 during the 12 week launch period, they will receive another voucher (Depository Rental Ticket).

Rise of Immortals: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Rise of Immortals account will receive a free character bundle. This exclusive bundle includes Karapyss and his alternate character skins Scarab and Pirate.

BattleSpace: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a BattleSpace account will receive 100 honor medals. By making a purchase of 3,500 Crowns, customers will also receive Commander Alya. Customers who reach level 10 before October 6th, will receive an additional 100 honor medals and ship parts set (α x20, β x4, γ x2).

Iron Grip: Marauders: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with an Iron Grip: Marauders account will be given a booster pack containing 5000 Gold, 2000 iron, repair truck level 2, ambulance level 2, and a tri-scout Level 1.

Allods: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with an Allods account will receive an exclusive starter package, valued at $15. This pack includes: 4x Token of the Explorer that can be brought to the Goblin Banker in your faction's capital in exchange for an increase in the size of the customer’s bag or bank deposit box, a Medium Bag of Crystal Chips that, combined with Gold Dust in-game, allow customers to combine/upgrade runes that increase damage/healing, and an Enchanted Saddle that summons a Rank 1 horse mount.

Pirate Galaxy: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Pirate Galaxy account will receive a Rapid Tank Starter Ship and 1,500 Energy to fuel the best items available.

Fiesta: Customers who purchase SparkCash to use in Fiesta will receive a 30-day swift and mighty Dark Pegasus Mount.

8BitMMO: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with an 8BitMMO account will receive three, exclusive, brand-new hats. These hats are a Cowboy Hat, a Blue Baseball Cap, and a Duck. Link your account and start your 8 bit adventure today.

Aika: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with an Aika account will receive an exclusive starter package valued at $15. This pack includes a Mount and Mount Saddle. Use the mount to travel far distances in half the time and resist environmental damages. Use the Mount Saddle to lower the requirement to ride other mounts.

Knights of the Sky: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Knights of the Sky account will receive a free Happy Hour, which increases the likelihood of recruiting better Heroes. Purchase 3,500 Crowns or more through Amazon and receive a free Labor Decree, which increases Construction queues from 3 to 5, or purchase 35,000 crowns or more and receive an exclusive free Hero (valid on first purchase only). Reach level 20 before October 6th, and receive 6 items that increase resource gain by 25%. Start playing today.

Rappelz: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Rappelz. account will get an exclusive starter package, valued at $15. This pack includes a Stamina Saver that stops stamina from decreasing for 1 hour, an Animal Cracker used to earn 50% more EXP for 1 hour, a Pet Resurrection Spell book that resurrects pets instantly after a fall in battle, a Feather of Summon which instantly summons a friend to aide in battle, and a Hidden Village Pass that gives 7 days of access to the exclusive Hidden Village.

Luvinia: Customers who make any purchase of SparkCash to use in Luvinia will receive a 30-day Flying Griffin Mount.

Flyff: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Flyff account will receive an exclusive starter package, valued at $15. This package contains a Magic Broom that allows customers to start flying immediately, bypassing the level 20 requirement, an S Protect Gift Box which will allow customers to upgrade an item to create stronger stats right from the start, a random Gift Box that contains something special, a Police Outfit, and a Kitty Pet to help collect loot.

Steel Legions: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a NEW Steel Legions account will receive one of three different, fully equipped premium tanks.

Pandora Saga: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Pandora Saga account will receive a Beginner Gear set. Customers who purchase 3,500 Crowns or more through Amazon will receive Recipe: Wing Shield Vol. 1 (first time purchasers only). Customers who reach Level 20 before October 6th will receive a horse mount.

And that's just the free stuff you get with linking.

We're also carrying the games below and offering Amazon exclusive in-game packs for each game which provide a higher value than normal virtual good purchases.

World of Tanks: Customers can purchase three different Amazon-exclusive World of Tanks packs: Starter Pack, Advanced Pack, and Expert Pack.

Runescape: Customers who purchase a 90 or 180 day membership package for Runescape will receive an exclusive Golden Katana.

War Inc. Battle Zone: Customers are able to purchase three different War Inc. Battle Zone Amazon exclusive packs: the Merc Pack, Heroic Pack, and Kill Em All Pack

Pre-Order Borderlands 2 from us for 10% off and help me get a tattoo! Yes it activates on Steam!

I am a huge Borderlands 2 fan and I want this to be our best selling pre-order ever. So I've drawn a line in the sand. If, from now until launch, we take 40,000 more preorders than where we were on 7/2/2012 I will get a Borderlands tattoo on my back.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='asheskitty']Thanks for that voken! The main ones that interest me are X-Blades (I liked, the sucessor, Blades of Time) and Two Worlds:GOTY. The Two Worlds: 2 GOTY from Amazon seems appealing due to it's 3-activation limit and Amazon's policy.

I decided to look into Check vs Mate to to see if it could fill the $5 value gap. I enjoyed Battle Chess back in the day. Unfortunately this review spells out the unfortunate truth.

Le sigh. I'd be better off revising the Apple ][ version of Battle Chess, or, better yet the enhanced CD-ROM version. I remember the Interplay team in an interview in '88 saying how they wanted to ship the game on a hard disk because they had done so many animations (an ambition later fulfilled with the CD-ROM release in '94). I'm surprised that someone would try to remake it as a PC game rather than a web (e.g. Chrome Store) game or mobile game. If I were to try an remake it, I think I'd avoid doing chess and try and entice the audience with something a bit different, like Shogi.[/QUOTE]

No problem. Other than Two World, Knights and Merchants, Enclave, and X-blade :cool: , the rest of the package doesn't interest me. If there was a package of only those games for like $5, I would totally jump on that. But at $15 (even if its 85%), its a harder buy especially when I consider the $101 "original price" to be grossly inflated considering the age of the majority of the titles in this bundle.

Leaning towards NO BUY right now but that could change.

[quote name='hal']Dear God.. look at those restrictions...[/QUOTE]

It's a Steam key though, so does that really affect that?

Edit: Ninja'd!

Clearly they want to sell you a new gaming PC too while you're picking it up at BB. ^_~

Couldn't make up my mind and forgot the sales were ending yesterday. Missed the EA Sports Classic Pack. >_<

Any chance you can get Madden 08 on a good sale alone again one of these days, Tony? I'm not a hockey fan, so I had a hard time jumping on that pack... $2.99 for Madden 08 maybe?

[quote name='asheskitty']Steam had it at $10 this summer, so I'm sure you'll see it again. I recall that this game has a 3-activation limit. Amazon has a policy of helping you out if you run out of activations, Steam does not.[/QUOTE]
I could have sworn that I heard that the Steam version does not have an activation limit.

[quote name='Corpekata']Two Worlds 2 has some of the silliest DRM in the world. Like they even ask for your phone number.[/QUOTE]

Does the game still force you to re-enter your key after every chapter?

Oh, and here's a longish Steam thread about Two Worlds 2's ridiculous DRM.

On the last page of that Steam thread, someone mentions a problem with having run out of activations for Battle vs. Chess (the other name for Check vs. Mate). I think I'll be avoiding the Topware games this week.

[quote name='TheHeretic']No it doesn't activate on Steam, Tony mentioned this a couple of pages back.

Now just waiting for Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 on Amazon to go down :D[/QUOTE]

Me too on MW3...getting cheaper; much cheaper, though. ;)
Not sure if $20 is my magic price-point on that one.
Probably not.

And also - COD: World at War + COD: Black Ops hitting a nice sale would be nice, too... ;)

@Mac the Greek
Thanks for that. I noticed that the steam store page forum link now (confusingly) links to the community page. Activations used when plugging/unplugging USB headphones... yuck. In combination with that Battle vs Chess note certainly casts TopWare in bad light.

Things that do not belong in game DRM: Asking you for your:
  • Address
  • Phone Number
  • Social Security Number
  • Favorite movie directed by John Waters

But, the funny thing is - COD: Modern Warfare 3 (PC) is a Steam-required game.

I'm not sure how BB PC Downloads does this since I never done it w/ them...

...But shouldn't you just get a Steam-key and the game activates up on Steam?
...And If BB did say did force a one-time and download and install to cough a Steam-key up w/ you, shouldn't the key still somehow bind itself to your Steam account?
Usually w/ a Steamworks game (when no other extra garbage DRM included) - all that should matter is the game's tied to your Steam account.

Has anybody here ever bought a Steam-required game for PC download here from Best Buy and have any idea how they work it there?

[quote name='Genocidal']It's Steamworks. So technically, you can put the key in on one machine and then it can't be used again.[/QUOTE]
Well technically Steam can be installed on any machine - not just one - provided there isn't an additional layer of DRM. That must be the world's worst written rights/limitation statements.

[quote name='MysterD']But, the funny thing is - COD: Modern Warfare 3 (PC) is a Steam-required game.

...And If BB did say did force a one-time and download and install to cough a Steam-key up w/ you, shouldn't the key still somehow bind itself to your Steam account?
Usually w/ a Steamworks game (when no other extra garbage DRM included) - all that should matter is the game's tied to your Steam account.

Has anybody here ever bought a Steam-required game for PC download here from Best Buy and have any idea how they work it there?[/QUOTE]

IIRC you have to download and install the Best Buy app in order to see the Steam key. Just copy & paste into Steam from that point.

Was it mentioned if Amazon would ever be selling the Arkham City GOTY edition? I only see the standard edition at the same price as the GOTY version on Steam.

[quote name='60fps']Was it mentioned if Amazon would ever be selling the Arkham City GOTY edition? I only see the standard edition at the same price as the GOTY version on Steam.[/QUOTE]

Tony mentioned they would sell it, and were currently testing it for release

[quote name='BernardoOne']Any news on the 1C bundle?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Daf']would also like to know[/QUOTE]

Still working on it...turns out doing crazy new things isn't always easy lol...

Sorry for the delay guys, the issue is still being worked on. I actually have a team of 2 guys working on it this week.

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='Fozbot']Appreciate the transparency on the progress of the 1C bundle, Tony. I think a lot of us are excited about it.[/QUOTE]

Yeah me too lol, I think we're going to sell a TON of it once we get it working.

In the mean time we'll be running The Walking Dead at 40% off as our DOTW next week if we can't get it working.

Cheers,
Tony

Alright guys,

My dev team asked if I could try and put together a smaller bundle so we could kick the tires on exactly how much we can handle, and figure out where stuff might break.

To that end, I've been talking with Strategy First, who we carry like, 90 games for.

I want to break this list into a couple/few 25-30 game bundles and then price them at $12.49 each.

Here's the list. Give me your suggestions.

Also, where the games are on Steam, SFI has assured me we'll get Steam keys.

688I Hunter Killer
9th Company
A.I.M. Racing
Adam's Venture
Air Raid
Airport Control Simulator
Alien Blast
Alpha Polaris [Game Download]
Alpha Zylon
Amsterdam Street Racer
Ankh 2: Heart Of Osiris
Ankh 3: Battle Of The Gods
Ascension to the Throne
Baseball Mogul 2008
BorderZone
Brigade E5: New Jagged Union
Call for Heroes: Pompolic Wars
Combat Mission: Beyond Overlord
Complete Naval Pack - Naval Combat Pack & Dangerous Waters
Cuban Missile Crisis: The Aftermath
Culpa Innata
D.W.A.R.F.S.
Dangerous Waters
Dark Fall: Lights Out - Director's Cut Edition
Dark Fall: Lost Souls
Dark Star One
Darkness Within 2: The Dark Lineage
Darkness Within: In Pursuit of Loath Nolder
Dawn of Magic 2
Death to Spies
Death Track: Resurrection
Deep Black: Reloaded
Desert Gunner
Dimensity
Disciples II: Dark Prophecy
Disciples II: Gallean's Return
Disciples II: Gold Edition
Disciples II: Rise of the Elves
Ducati World Championship
El Matador
Emergency 3
Enemy Engaged 2
Exodus From the Earth
Flat Out
Flatout: Ultimate Carnage
Galactic Dream
Galactic Dream: Rage of War
Gods: Lands of Infinity
Hard Truck Apocalypse
Hard Truck Apocalypse: Rise of the Clans
Hazen - Episode 1: The Dark Whispers
Hellforces
International Cricket Captain 2009
Iron Warriors
Ironclads American Civil War
Ironclads High Seas
Ironclads: Schlewig War 1864
Jagged Alliance 2
Mashed
Mutant
Naval Combat Pack
Naval Warfare [Game Download]
Ninja Blade
O.R.B.
Outforce
Panzer Killer
Perimeter 2: New Earth
Railway Mogul
Robin Hood: The Legend of Sherwood
Rocko's Quest
Sacred Gold
Sentinel 3: Homeworld
Space Empires 5
Stalingrad
Steel Fury: Kharkov 1942
Storm Over The Pacific [Game Download]
Sub Command
Super Taxi Driver
Taxi 3 Extreme Rush
The Entente WW I Battle Fields
The InLaws: Episode 1
The Jagged Bundle
Tortuga: Pirates of the New World
Ubersoldier 2
Vegas Make it Big
Victorian Admirals Anthology
Victorian Admirals Caroline Crisis
Victorian Admirals Marianas Incident
Victorian Admirals Panama Incident
Victorian Admirals Samoan Crisis
War Games Bundle
Xing Texas Hold'em Poker

Cheers,
Tony

@Tony
Do you know what games from 1C will use Steam and what ones will NOT?
Also - are those 1C Games that DO NOT use Steam flat-out DRM-FREE?

Tony, I just had a crazy thought regarding steam key distribution issues with the current system. Maybe the bundle download could be a text/html/pdf file of the games list - key pairings. I'm not quite sure if that would be problematic for Amazon's Inventory management though.

@Tony

I got a thought.

Might be easiest for games that you CANNOT get Steam keys for, you group those together as a 1C Non-Steam Bundle.

And those 1C Games that you DO have Steam keys for, you group those together as another 1C Steam Bundle.

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']
Alright guys,

My dev team asked if I could try and put together a smaller bundle so we could kick the tires on exactly how much we can handle, and figure out where stuff might break.

To that end, I've been talking with Strategy First, who we carry like, 90 games for.

I want to break this list into a couple/few 25-30 game bundles and then price them at $12.49 each.

688I Hunter Killer
9th Company
A.I.M. Racing
Adam's Venture
Air Raid
Alien Blast
Alpha Zylon
Amsterdam Street Racer
Ascension to the Throne
Baseball Mogul 2008
BorderZone
Culpa Innata
D.W.A.R.F.S.
Dangerous Waters
Dark Star One
Dawn of Magic 2
Death to Spies
Desert Gunner
Dimensity
El Matador
Emergency 3
Enemy Engaged 2
Exodus From the Earth
Flat Out
Galactic Dream
Hard Truck Apocalypse
Hellforces
Iron Warriors
Ironclads High Seas
Jagged Alliance 2
Mashed
Mutant
Naval Combat Pack
Ninja Blade
O.R.B.
Outforce
Panzer Killer
Railway Mogul
Rocko's Quest
Sacred Gold
Space Empires 5
Stalingrad
Sub Command
Super Taxi Driver
Taxi 3 Extreme Rush
The Jagged Bundle
Ubersoldier 2
Vegas Make it Big
War Games Bundle
Xing Texas Hold'em Poker

Cheers,
Tony
[/QUOTE]

1) Adam's Venture
2) Ankh 2: Heart Of Osiris
3) Ankh 3: Battle Of The Gods
4) Complete Naval Pack - Naval Combat Pack & Dangerous Waters
5) Darkness Within 2: The Dark Lineage
6) Darkness Within: In Pursuit of Loath Nolder
7) Dawn of Magic 2
8) Flatout: Ultimate Carnage
9) Hazen - Episode 1: The Dark Whispers
10) The Jagged Bundle
11) War Games Bundle
12) Ninja Blade
13) Ubersoldier 2

Would love to see all of these too (deleted a few that I already own, most of which have been in indie bundles), but if I had to cut the list down, I'd go with the above as musts.

688I Hunter Killer
9th Company
A.I.M. Racing
Air Raid
Alien Blast
Alpha Polaris
Alpha Zylon
Amsterdam Street Racer
Ascension to the Throne
Culpa Innata
D.W.A.R.F.S.
Desert Gunner
Dimensity
El Matador
Emergency 3
Enemy Engaged 2
Exodus From the Earth
Galactic Dream
Hard Truck Apocalypse
Hellforces
Iron Warriors
Mashed
Mutant
Naval Warfare
O.R.B.
Outforce
Panzer Killer
Railway Mogul
Rocko's Quest
Stalingrad
Storm Over The Pacific
Sub Command
Super Taxi Driver
Taxi 3 Extreme Rush

[quote name='MysterD']But, the funny thing is - COD: Modern Warfare 3 (PC) is a Steam-required game.

Has anybody here ever bought a Steam-required game for PC download here from Best Buy and have any idea how they work it there?[/QUOTE]

Wait, I have this same thought on how it would work, even if it was from Best Buy. How could they implement a restriction on making it only a one-time download? I'm really thinking of picking it up because $20 seems great for MW3 right now.

Ironically I posted the deal in the Steam Deal thread too and no one seemed to care lol.

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']Alright guys,

688I Hunter Killer
9th Company
A.I.M. Racing
Adam's Venture
Air Raid
Alien Blast
Alpha Zylon
Amsterdam Street Racer
Ascension to the Throne
Baseball Mogul 2008
BorderZone
Culpa Innata
D.W.A.R.F.S.
Dangerous Waters
Dark Star One
Dawn of Magic 2
Death to Spies
Desert Gunner
Dimensity
El Matador
Emergency 3
Enemy Engaged 2
Exodus From the Earth
Flat Out
Galactic Dream
Hard Truck Apocalypse
Hellforces
Iron Warriors
Ironclads High Seas
Jagged Alliance 2
Mashed
Mutant
Naval Combat Pack
Ninja Blade
O.R.B.
Outforce
Panzer Killer
Railway Mogul
Rocko's Quest
Sacred Gold
Space Empires 5
Stalingrad
Sub Command
Super Taxi Driver
Taxi 3 Extreme Rush
The Jagged Bundle
Ubersoldier 2
Vegas Make it Big
War Games Bundle
Xing Texas Hold'em Poker

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

If you make some sort of racing bundle out of these games, I would be thrilled. Don't know if there are even 20 racing games there, so maybe a 10 dollar racing bundle? If not, throw in a few similar games like emergency 3 or that airport control game. I'll make a list a bit later tonight of specific games I'd like to see if need be. A bundle like this would actually interest me more than that 1c complete pack, a "for sure" buy as opposed to a "maybe". For one, it's cheaper and two, it would have more specific games that interest me.

If it's at all possible, I'd like to see a bundle with all of the games, with or without Steam keys, in a bundle for a higher price in the range of $20-$30. Not all of us care about the Steam keys, maybe I'm like one out of maybe 3 people in that boat here, but I'd rather have a bundle with all of the games in it than a bundle with a sliver of those games with Steam keys.

I'm sure it'd be a lot easier to put them all in a bundle without Steam keys, so if that's possible I know I'd appreciate it a lot. ;)

Plus, what's the harm in putting up such bundle? I assume it's a lot easier to do a bundle of Amazon Downloadable games than a bundle with Steam keys. Take my money, dammit!

Adam's Venture
Culpa Innata
Dark Star One

These are the ones I'm most interested in (not sure why Adam's Venture 2 isn't on the list). I'd like to see a bundle with Adventure games, maybe mixed with some strategy games.

[quote name='MC Kage']Wait, I have this sae thought on how it would work, even if it was from Best Buy. How could they implement a restriction on making it only a one-time download? I'm really thinking of picking it up because $20 seems great for MW3 right now.

Ironically I posted the deal in the Steam Deal thread too and no one seemed to care lol.[/QUOTE]

I might bite the bullet on it tonight. I was hoping for an Amazon price match, since I'd rather get my digital downloads from them, but oh well. It'll probably be 2 years before MW3 gets down the $10 range (since Black Ops is still $20 when it's on sale) , and I'd like to actually finish the single player campaign before then.

[quote name='Severose']If it's at all possible, I'd like to see a bundle with all of the games, with or without Steam keys, in a bundle for a higher price in the range of $20-$30. Not all of us care about the Steam keys, maybe I'm like one out of maybe 3 people in that boat here, but I'd rather have a bundle with all of the games in it than a bundle with a sliver of those games with Steam keys.

I'm sure it'd be a lot easier to put them all in a bundle without Steam keys, so if that's possible I know I'd appreciate it a lot. ;)

Plus, what's the harm in putting up such bundle? I assume it's a lot easier to do a bundle of Amazon Downloadable games than a bundle with Steam keys. Take my money, dammit![/QUOTE]

Lol the point of keeping it to 25-30 games is to do a stress test on our system, if we could do all of them we'd be doing the 1C bundle lol.

[quote name='DWulf']I might bite the bullet on it tonight. I was hoping for an Amazon price match, since I'd rather get my digital downloads from them, but oh well. It'll probably be 2 years before MW3 gets down the $10 range (since Black Ops is still $20 when it's on sale) , and I'd like to actually finish the single player campaign before then.[/QUOTE]

Sorry forgot to comment on this, given the...complexity? of actually getting your key from the deal you're linking to we aren't matching, similar to when people run promo code sales that we don't match.

Cheers,
Tony

A lot of those Strategy First games have been in indie bundles over the past few months, so hard to really get excited about a lot of those choices.

However, these are my picks from either knowing they are good, or because I'd like them:

Adam's Venture
Dimensity
Deep Black: Reloaded (included only because it is one of the few newer games)
Dangerous Waters
Dark Star One
Dawn of Magic 2
Death to Spies
Flat Out
Jagged Alliance 2
Ninja Blade
Sacred Gold
Vegas: Make it Big

Staring at that list for a while, I was thinking of trying to separate that by genre, e.g. driving games, action games, strategy games and at least have a dominant theme (or two) in a 30 game bundle. Personally I would be interested in a driving game bundle that was maybe padded out with a few action titles.

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']Lol the point of keeping it to 25-30 games is to do a stress test on our system, if we could do all of them we'd be doing the 1C bundle lol.[/QUOTE]

Gah... My bad, I must've misconceived what you meant. I thought you were putting off the 1C bundle and doing a StrategyFirst bundle instead (took it as being easier for you to do a bundle of those games instead, in my mind), and that you were doing a stress-test for Steam key distribution (lol I know, right?).

As far as a stress test goes with a portion of those games, I'll probably hold off for the entire catalog going on sale. If I'm gonna pick up a large amount of games from one source at one sitting, I'd rather it be all of them to avoid re-buying them in the future when I would inevitably buy the complete pack when you guys do get it up and running with all of the games included.

Sorry to hear that you guys are having so much trouble getting these packs up. It's quite unfortunate. >.

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']Sorry forgot to comment on this, given the...complexity? of actually getting your key from the deal you're linking to we aren't matching, similar to when people run promo code sales that we don't match.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the reply, Tony. Looking forward to what Strategy First bundles are decided on!

For anyone on the fence about it, I just bought MW3 (had 2 $10 savings coupons I had to use this month anyway). I just had to download and install the Best Buy PC App, and my Steam key was available there right away.

[quote name='DWulf']Thanks for the reply, Tony. Looking forward to what Strategy First bundles are decided on!

For anyone on the fence about it, I just bought MW3 (had 2 $10 savings coupons I had to use this month anyway). I just had to download and install the Best Buy PC App, and my Steam key was available there right away.[/QUOTE]

So I'm assuming its not just a bs one-time download, it will stick with your Steam account right? Let me know if that's the case, it'd be a relief. Just want to make sure. because the "Install and key code allowed on one machine" is still making me hesitate. You definitely have me on your reasoning tho for getting it lol, I need a decent MP FPS since I passed on BF3 during the Origin Labor Day sale (and Crysis 2 MP is just gross).

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']
Sorry for the delay guys, the issue is still being worked on. I actually have a team of 2 guys working on it this week.[/QUOTE]
... calculating hours in hamster power.

Sorry, but a 25-30 game Strategy First bundle for $12.49 sounds like an awful purchase when you compare it to a 68 game 1C bundle for $15 ($9.99 does sound better). Especially when a lot of the "good" games in that list have already been in indie bundles (Sacred Gold, Dark Fall: Lost Souls, FlatOut, Disciples II, etc etc).

The only games that sound like they would curry a wide appeal would be FlatOut: Ultimate Carnage, Dark Star One (maybe; it's a pretty niche title), Jagged Alliance 2 (if it's the Gold Pack), and maybe Adam's Venture (which has been dirt cheap and is pretty badly reviewed).

Not trying to be overly negative; just voicing my concerns. I'd be more interested in simply waiting it out and seeing if you can get the Strategy First published 1C games into the 1C bundle, like GamersGate had. Seeing as you are able to run a big Strategy First bundle, it seems like that might be possible.

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']Alright guys,

Also, where the games are on Steam, SFI has assured me we'll get Steam keys.....[/QUOTE]

Here is a list of the games available on Steam from your list. If you remove the redundant games (marked with an asterisk) that are available in the Complete Naval Pack and Disciples 2: Gold, then you have about 30 games total.

*688I Hunter Killer (in the Naval and Complete Naval Packs)
9th Company
A.I.M. Racing
Adam's Venture
Complete Naval Pack
Culpa Innata
*Dangerous Waters (in the Complete Naval Pack)
DarkStar One
Death to Spies
Dimensity
*Disciples II: Gallean's Return (in Disciples II: Gold Edition)
*Disciples II: Rise of the Elves (in Disciples II: Gold Edition)
Exodus From the Earth
Flat Out
Iron Warriors
Ironclads High Seas
*Naval Combat Pack (in the Complete Naval Pack)
Naval Warfare
Ninja Blade
Sacred Gold
Space Empires V
*Sub Command (in the Naval and Complete Naval Packs)
Vegas Make it Big

These might activate on steam:
Jagged Alliance 2 (Jagged Alliance 2 Gold is on Steam)
The Jagged Bundle (depends on what this is)
War Games Bundle (if this is the same thing as the War Games Collection on Steam)

[quote name='ev768']Here is a list of the games available on Steam from your list. If you remove the redundant games (marked with an asterisk) that are available in the Complete Naval Pack and Disciples 2: Gold, then you have about 30 games total.
[/QUOTE]

Great idea!

The ones I want the most are:

9th Company
A.I.M. Racing
Ascension to the Throne
Complete Naval Pack
Culpa Innata
D.W.A.R.F.S.
DarkStar One
Dawn of Magic 2
Dimensity
Exodus From the Earth
Iron Warriors
Naval Warfare
Ninja Blade
Railway Mogul
Rocko's Quest
Tortuga: Pirates of the New WorldVegas Make it Big

[quote name='MC Kage']So I'm assuming its not just a bs one-time download, it will stick with your Steam account right? Let me know if that's the case, it'd be a relief. Just want to make sure. because the "Install and key code allowed on one machine" is still making me hesitate. You definitely have me on your reasoning tho for getting it lol, I need a decent MP FPS since I passed on BF3 during the Origin Labor Day sale (and Crysis 2 MP is just gross).[/QUOTE]

Well, it's letting me download the game on both my laptop and my desktop right now, so it looks like there's no machine limit. It'll be a couple hours before either download is finished though and I can try launching.

[quote name='DWulf']Well, it's letting me download the game on both my laptop and my desktop right now, so it looks like there's no machine limit. It'll be a couple hours before either download is finished though and I can try launching.[/QUOTE]

Great, thanks. I'm sure it'll work fine, just got it. Hit me up if you want to play some MP!

Also starting to think Amazon will bundle the game+DLC...don't do it to me lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back